Speaker 1: Welcome back to the Where's Your head At?
Speaker 2: Hotline, our weekly show where we catch up with each other and connect with you all on our hotline voicemail.
Speaker 3: We want to hear from you, guys, so please send your stories, questions, advice or tea to Where's Your head at pod at gmail dot com to be featured on one of our episodes.
Speaker 1: I'm Anna and I'm Matt. Let's jump in weird afternoon. We're in the podcast quite late today, are we?
Speaker 3: And you're actually super late today. Actually I couldn't.
Speaker 2: I thought we weren't going to bring this up, but I mean I should expect nothing. Les.
Speaker 3: Let's throw you under.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I actually had an event this morning, which is why I'm like full glam. I don't think I've ever had this much makeup on in the podcast studio before. It feels like a lot. You know, when you were like, actually you wouldn't know because you're not a girl. But when you get like eyelash extensions put on, I feel like I'm wearing like shutters, like blinkers. Yeah, like you know how like racehourses get like the little blinkers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they look good, they look like they normally do anyway.
Speaker 2: I've been under a lot of stress at the moment. And I was on the phone to Matt on the way to this podcast, and I got like very sidetracked, and I typed in the wrong suburb and I drove like thirty minutes.
Speaker 1: The wrong way.
Speaker 3: So you texted, you typed in the address, yeah, but the wrong Actually you order it auto field and then you clicked on the wrong run. Yeah, I've done this before. And like when or when you go the wrong place, when you're running late, and how anxious and like just like you want you want to cry, like you're like fuck, like I've got to be somewhere, and especially so stressed.
Speaker 1: I was so stressed.
Speaker 2: Like me and that were both like we're thirty minutes away from the podcast, so even thirty minutes blah blah blah. And then like ten minutes, when I was ten minutes away from the wrong suburb, I was like, this cannot be right.
Speaker 3: I don't know where's the West Gate.
Speaker 2: This is a problem with Google Maps because sometimes you rely on them too heavily and you just haven't like you just don't take your surroundings in it all.
Speaker 3: I'll speak for yourself. I'm nav match. I would have told pretty quickly that I'm not going in the right direction, but yeah, I can understand it. That would be that would have been so stressed. I would have been like, yeah, pretty stressed. How are you feeling now that we're.
Speaker 1: Here, I'm feeling good. I have my periods. I've got like a bit of stomach cramps.
Speaker 3: Have you had any panetle?
Speaker 1: Not yet? You did get me some order.
Speaker 3: Do you have a heat pack?
Speaker 2: I wish I had a heat pack. There's been a lot going on in my life.
Speaker 1: As you know. We put in an offer for a house on the weekend. Yeah, I like to talk.
Speaker 3: Us through an offer. What does this? So you just go, I'm going to offer you this much.
Speaker 1: So we put in an offer subject to finance.
Speaker 2: So over the past like forty eight hours, it has been the craziest, biggest rush to get all of our finances in order and to like get the approval. We have a broker, so they've been kind of helping us navigate this.
Speaker 1: It's so weird. I used to hear people.
Speaker 2: Talking about all of these terms like brokers and conveyancers and all of this, and I just had no idea what anyone was talking about.
Speaker 3: And now a lot of people right now listening.
Speaker 2: Like people are probably listening being like going straight over their head, like it would go over my head. But it's like, once you actually are buying a house, all of this stuff starts to like just make sense, makes sense.
Speaker 3: I've felt it because I'm obviously.
Speaker 1: Not start to connect.
Speaker 3: And you're like, aha, I'm obviously like like looking like looking at stuff as well, and I've got a broker's number, but I'm just like, how do you even like what do you say to it? Hey, I'm looking at buying?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you do?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And what do they say? Congrats?
Speaker 2: They say, yeah, like let's get your finances in order, let's go to three bags and find like the best in itself like daunting. Yeah, it's so full on, Like it's so full on. Anyway, we found a house that we love. It's well, when I say a house, it's a unit, but it's.
Speaker 1: Like so cute.
Speaker 2: I said to you that we initially were looking for like a three bedroom, two bathroom. This is a two bedroom, one bathroom, so it's technically a downsize, but it's going to be our own place. So we were kind of like, well, maybe we have to downsize first, but yeah, all my fingers and toes across, I really really want them to say, yeah, I'm head over heels, like I'm like second day all in type of vibe.
Speaker 3: What you're going to do, like what you're going to renovate, where your furnish is going, and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: I've mentally already moved in.
Speaker 3: So like we could get a really upset in a week or Sofie, you could get.
Speaker 2: A devastated an I've already cried over a house. I don't know if I've told the podcast that, but there was just yeah, there was this other house that we loved and a day before the auction, it's old, and we were like going to the auction and like going to bed, and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was just devastated.
Speaker 2: So and I cried and my dad was like, that is a bit of an overreaction, and I was like I had mentally moved in, so I didn't want to mentally.
Speaker 1: Move in again.
Speaker 3: People say the house stuff when they're like, you didn't even have it, so what are you upset about?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was like I manifested that I was living the dream in that house, a bed for me, and like.
Speaker 3: I didn't have it, and then partner was with the time was like, I was like, why are you upset you didn't have the job? And I was like, I was like, no, but I had it in my mind. But I was doing it in my mind. I'd woken up every day and was going to work. Do you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I didn't technically have it, but mentally I had it. Well, it's such a thing, like it's such a big life change. Like to be honest, and I've told you this, I never thought I was going to be able to afford to buy a house ever, And it was only when our rent went up that I was like, well, my rent is now so expensive that to buy a house, it's not even that much more So that's kind of the reason why we've even been pushed into potentially buying a house if we get this one.
Speaker 3: I can see that as well. Like I've been thinking about it as well recently, and I never thought about it before either. But like now they're not actually starting to like, you know, knuckle down and say if you're like fuck, you could actually like I've never saved my whole life. Yeah, Like when I say safe, like I've never actually focused on it. Like I've just been like, you know, go out live my life, and now that I'm focusing on it much, g's like I could actually really do this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you can, and it's so exciting. If I get the unit that we've put in an offer for, are you going to try and look somewhere close to me so we can be in neighboring suburbs.
Speaker 3: This why you keep sending me or.
Speaker 2: Okay, sending that Like I know his like price range, so I keep sending him like potential like apartments in the area because I'm like, it would be so easy, like we work together, you know, we could go go for coffees.
Speaker 3: And like you know, I've been looking at him and there were some good ones. There was none that really I moved into mentally, So once I see one that I've moved into mental we might go from there. Yeah. See, but it's a nice area, so maybe you know.
Speaker 1: Fingers crossed for me, put all of like the good wishes.
Speaker 2: Into the atmosphere for me because I need all the prayers I can get.
Speaker 3: We all have our fingers and toast crossed for you.
Speaker 1: How was your weekend?
Speaker 3: Ah, the weekends? What did I get up to oh I went. So I had a nice staycation on the weekend. I was lucky enough to be put up at the Marriot, so good time.
Speaker 1: Do you know what's funny about you? Going to the Marriott? Is okay?
Speaker 2: So Matt obviously is at a hotel and you can tell from his stories that he's with someone, right, there's no tripod, there's no tripod there.
Speaker 1: There's like a girl's hand in there.
Speaker 2: And like the question marks were like coming in hot Like my dms were like, doesn't have a new girlfriend? Who's the girl that Matt's with? And I was like, I don't know. I'm going to leave that to Matt to tell everyone on the podcast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was getting a bunch as well from people asking me. But it I was actually with Jen. Me and Jen I thought, you know, what a better place to go? We haven't we actually haven't slept in this like in the same bed for like a while now. So we were like, let's just go to the hotel and see how it is, and you know, you have a nice dinner and it was a really nice time. I was the whole time. I remember I came on here and I said, last time we went away, I was like focused. I was too busy on thinking at the time was going to end in my own heads like oh fuck, like we need to do this when you do that, We've got all these plans, like we're only here for a limited time. I literally made a conscious effort when we walked in and just be like, all right, go with the flow. Whatever happens happens. I'm not gonna be stressed out about time and enjoy the moment. So I had a really nice time. We had like a nice dinner, we woke up, went into the pool, had a bath at night.
Speaker 1: It was really nice, very lovely, very romantic.
Speaker 3: It was very romance.
Speaker 2: So there's no new girlfriend on the scene or no new lady on the scene.
Speaker 3: He was with Jen, just with Jen having a nice time away, and it was very nice to have that time together. I really appreciated it having.
Speaker 1: Some quality time together.
Speaker 3: So how was you a weekend down?
Speaker 2: So obviously I've had a lot on my plate with obviously doing all the finance and putting the offer into the house, and then with putting an offer into a house means that like I'm trying to make sure my apartment's good because I'm gonna give notice to say that I'm leaving, so like doing like lots of stuff.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of our plate.
Speaker 2: We also have a special announcement coming with the podcast, so there's lots.
Speaker 1: Going on behind the scenes.
Speaker 2: So on the weekend, Michael and I were like, we literally just want to do nothing, Like we want to chill the fuck out.
Speaker 1: I don't want to be stressed at all.
Speaker 3: So good is a nothing weekend? Nothing weekend is what I want having in the last couple and it's not good.
Speaker 1: It's bliss.
Speaker 2: So we decided to do nothing, and on on Saturday night at about five pm, Michael was like, should we go to the movies? Like we don't have to like talk to anyone, we can still be anti social and just be us. And then I was like, why don't we go to the drive in movies because obviously you know you're in your car, you're in your own space driving before I think when I was like.
Speaker 1: Eighteen on like a date, very very very long time ago.
Speaker 3: It's a very common for dates. I used to go there when I was younger as well, take girls.
Speaker 1: Some days they were the drive ins are awesome, awesome.
Speaker 2: So we got there, we were seeing the Little Mermaid amazing movie, or like should I say from what I saw of it, it was an amazing movie because an hour into watching the movie, Michael tried to turn on the car and our battery was flat.
Speaker 1: Which.
Speaker 2: Was so annoying because we were like, we just want to be like incognito in the car.
Speaker 3: So the radio wasn't working anymore. The battery had died.
Speaker 2: No, so the radio was still going, so we tuned into whatever radio station the movie was playing on, and we turned the car off because we were thinking in our heads like that's going to save the power. But what you're supposed to do is keep the car ignition switched on the.
Speaker 1: Whole time, So keep the car right, keep the car running.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is that not right? Yeah it is. I think you meant to like restart it every now and then, like during the movies, because I went, we didn't do that and it battery lasted? Can't I did it did last? I think maybe you just maybe your battery was on its way out, maybe because I've had to die before when I was younger, that was in my old first car.
Speaker 2: It's just so annoying, like we just wanted to do nothing, and then like from there, we're like going to each like all the staff memories, being like our batteries died, and they're like, oh fucking these are the idiots of the night.
Speaker 3: But isn't there some like a message you there's like where I go, there's like this teenager with like a trolley walks around and it just starts like you literally just like your jump starts your car for you and go for the next one.
Speaker 2: Well funnily enough, so they gave us a little portable radio to finish the movie.
Speaker 1: But we missed like a strong like.
Speaker 2: The whole yeah, the whole middle main section of what was happening.
Speaker 1: We missed it. But the start and the end were great, but I will rewatch it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, when the credit started rolling, there was like five different cars that wouldn't start, so there was like a there was a bunch of us, Like it kind of made us feel better because we were like, we're not complete morons, but also we still are morons.
Speaker 1: And yeah, they just came along and like jumps out at everyone's car.
Speaker 2: But I was like, surely when you're buying your tickets, they could just be like just a reminder to do this and this and be careful because people's batteries die like a little PSA, a little reminder maybe.
Speaker 3: At the start when before the movie starts. Yeah, yeah, that's probably pretty.
Speaker 2: Small, you know what I mean, instead of like having the remedy, like, let's like help people to not get to the place where they need to jump start, you know, that.
Speaker 3: Would make sense. Well, last time I went to the drivings. It's actually pretty sad. The drivings around the corner from mine are actually closing after like forty years or something. So I went there to check it out. Went to Jena and I wait a couple of weeks ago and watch The Pope's Exorcism horror horror. I love fucking horrors. And we're sitting there, we're getting comfortable. We've got the you know how they give you the radio station to tune into. Yeah, so we've tuned into the radio station. We're still trying to get comfortable sort of watching it. And I was like listening to the radio and I was like watching it, but they have and I could hear other people's radios at the same time, so I was like, what's playing on our radio? Is this like around sound? It was like really weird. I was like, what's going on? And turns out they' giving us the wrong radio station. And the moment I realized was because Twilight had been playing in it. I heard the guy go, you know when he goes your local bella or whatever he says, and I was like, what the fuck that's Twilight. And then we've been listening to Twilight, but we could sort of hear something just it was really confusing that so for something that's been running operational for so long, I mean, they have not mastered the art of the radio.
Speaker 2: I heard Twilight playing on the radio, I'd moved the car and head over to Twilight.
Speaker 3: I love Do you love Twilight?
Speaker 1: It's so good.
Speaker 3: I'm not a fan of Team Edward or a team Acob. I do like vampires probably better than where Wolf Team Edward. Spoiler for anyone who wins, Yeah, I don't know. It wasn't there a winner if you're a team you see I've ever seen Spirelin. All right, So my recommendation for the week is so my talk about nothing weekends. I walked in and my sister and her boyfriend were having a nothing weekend, a nice glass of red wine and they were doing a Paint by the Numbers, So it's from Kmart. Apparently it's really cheap for anyone that wants to get it. And you have a picture and then they give you paint and the pictures have different numbers and then it correlates with the paint color and you dip it in and you paint it. So they brought to each little do they know that it takes for ever to do just one, like it's an actual process to do it. So they gave me one. My ADHD didn't get me too far. I got like halfway quarter through and I was like, yeah, I'm done with it. I'm good. But it was very therapeutic when I did it.
Speaker 1: How big is it?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Are we talking like a little a four piece of paper?
Speaker 3: Three?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: So bigger?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Bigger? Yes, around a three. It was very therapeutic. While I was doing we had like some nice music playing classical music. They were chatting to show. I was just sort of painting, cracking jokes here and there.
Speaker 1: That's such good therapy.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's my recommendation. Go out and get Paint by Numbers.
Speaker 1: Love that.
Speaker 2: I definitely will try that out. My recommendation is a recommendation I've already given, but like, I'm just loving the ultimatum on Netflix so.
Speaker 3: Much, following on from last week.
Speaker 1: So last week was it? Last week I gave that?
Speaker 2: I think I was saying band a pump rules last week, I think.
Speaker 1: But I have given the ultimatum.
Speaker 2: Already, but I thought the whole season was out, but it's not. So they're kind of like drip feeding new episodes. So they just gave us a couple more episodes. I was watching them and fuck, it's so good. And my best friend Sarah, after listening to the podcast, has given the ultimatum agoat and she's like, oh my god, it's so good, Like there's so much to talk about, so give it a watch.
Speaker 1: I would love to chat about this show with you, Matt. It's so good.
Speaker 3: It's just like, no, all right, maybe I'll go home and watch it.
Speaker 2: This one's a lesbian edition one, because there's a straight version and there's a lesbian one.
Speaker 1: So this is a lesbian one and it's just so good.
Speaker 2: So season two yeah, Funnily enough, there's actually a girl there who's in a couple and she was like, I'm a boobs girl, and I was.
Speaker 1: Like, oh my god, it's mad but in lesbian form.
Speaker 3: All Right, I'm gonna all right, I'll watch an episode because you've been nagging me to do this, so I'm going to get.
Speaker 1: On and do it.
Speaker 2: Put it in the notes and make sure you follow through because I really want to talk to you about this.
Speaker 3: Alrighty Then, okay, guys, so let's jump into our hotline.
Speaker 1: Hello, you've reached Anna and Nutt.
Speaker 3: We can't get to the phone right now, but.
Speaker 1: Please leave us a message on our hot line after the beep.
Speaker 3: So this hot line is anonymous, a.
Speaker 4: Bit of a conundrum, and I'll be your help on this month. So my birthday is coming up and my boyfriend was so sweet enough to buy me a new outfit for my party, and God, love him, love the consideration, but unfortunately it's just not for me. And he doesn't do this for me often, and he's very excited about the concept of me wearing.
Speaker 2: This outfit for my birthday, but it's just not it.
Speaker 3: So what do I do?
Speaker 4: Thank you?
Speaker 3: So much?
Speaker 1: Oh God?
Speaker 2: Oh no?
Speaker 3: Look, to start off, have you ever had a boyfriend or partner by you an outfit to it?
Speaker 1: Not that I can think of, so on honest.
Speaker 3: So on the weekend obviously, you know you're staying in a hotel room. Jenna and I were talking and I was like, you know what, I'll buy you a sexy outfit. So, because she was saying like she didn't have time to go, and I was like, well, I've got some time. So I went to sexy Land and I was having a browse around and she was like, I'm so nervous. She was like, I don't like, I don't know. She goes, I know you're what your little kinks are. She's like, there's gonna be so many straps and all this sort of stuff, and I was like, no, no, I know what you like, so I'll try to figure something out. I ended up getting her. What she said was actually she was surprised. It was quite conservative. It wasn't as slack she thought I was going to go, and I was like, no, I wanted you to feel comfortable in it. Like there's nothing worse than if, like, you get an outfit I could imagine and you're not comfortable in it and you're not going to be fully into the sex. So the moral of what I'm thinking is next time I'm going to go out there and get her something a bit more raunch.
Speaker 1: I don't even know where this stories come from. I think Matt just wanted to let us know.
Speaker 3: The partner so like that was that was perfect timing that that actually happened after this weekend.
Speaker 1: I just bought someone correct outfit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but she seemed cool that she put full trust in me and I got her a nice Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, but an outfit to wear in the bedroom is a little bit different than an outfit that you have to wear to a birthday party, Like that's fucked.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, like, has anyone ever bought you clothing that you didn't want to wear?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I would say some girlfriends have, yes.
Speaker 1: Okay, And how did you go about that?
Speaker 3: I've never hadn't forced me to wear it, so I've sort of, like, you know what I mean, been like, oh but what about this? Actually? No, to be fair, one of them was very forceful, and I think that I did wear a lot of tied gye stuff at that eraror of my life. Do you know exactly what I'm talking about there?
Speaker 1: I did know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Look, I kind of feel bad for this anonymous caller because his boyfriend has bought him an outfit. The boyfriend's obviously extraordinarily excited for him to wear this, and now he's like, fuck, what do I do? What does he do?
Speaker 3: I think what he does is we always say communication is key, but this will really hurt his partner. So I think that he looks at the outfit. Well, this is what I would do. Look at the outfit and see how you can like adapt it, but you can make it your own thing. Maybe you get rid of the pants and you substitute the pair of pants that make you feel comfortable, or a shirt, do you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Look, I'm just gonna say it. If my partner bought me an outfit that I didn't like and it was for my birthday, there's just no way I would wear it.
Speaker 1: I would have to. They'd have to take the blow.
Speaker 3: You'd just tell Michael straight up.
Speaker 1: I would just say. This is what I'd say.
Speaker 2: I love you so much and I am so grateful that you have gone out of your way to buy me this, and I think it's so sweet.
Speaker 1: But I've already got it. Outfit.
Speaker 3: Finish it off with the compliment. This compliment, sandwich, You got to finish it off with another compliment.
Speaker 1: Mild life.
Speaker 2: I mean, I had a friend of mine, her boyfriend bought her this piece of jewelry and she like did not like it. And she initially said she liked it, and then eventually she had to be like, I'm sorry, like I can't wear this in everyday life, and it was returned.
Speaker 3: I think that for this is a message for guys out there, don't it's very hard to buy jewelry for a partner. I feel like.
Speaker 2: It's hard to buy clothing and jewelry and shoes for a partner because style is very specific.
Speaker 3: I know, like I didn't even realize that some girls are gold and some girls are silver jewelry and.
Speaker 1: Some girls are rose gold.
Speaker 3: Did you know that there's another you know what I mean? Like I'm like, I was like, okay, you just don't wear Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know, I've had an ex boyfriend buy me a gold piece of jewelry when I was wearing silver, and I was like fuming.
Speaker 1: I was like, how are this this is the way? Send it back? Get the money back for ten Yeah.
Speaker 3: I reckon a jewelry and that you sort of I don't know a better idea. Here's my oh I would do actually, i'd say, dearly beloved, Look, this is a great outfit. Maybe another time I would wear that, but I just don't. I'm not feeling it this weekend. Maybe we should go shopping together and get something together.
Speaker 2: The thing is, and this is kind of like sex, right, like in the bedroom, if they're doing something that you don't like, you have to tell them otherwise they're going to keep doing it.
Speaker 1: And like outfits, if you.
Speaker 2: Don't like the outfit, you have to put a stop to it, otherwise they could keep shopping for you.
Speaker 3: The next thing, you know, you've got a bunch of skinny like jeans with rips for the.
Speaker 2: Rest of it, you know what I mean, Like they're three seasons behind, and you're like, that's unwearable.
Speaker 3: I wonder if the boyfriend has complete bad fashion like he does as well, or you just it's just something that's not his flavor.
Speaker 2: Okaybe he's just like gone out on a limb and like, look, it's hard, right because I'm imagining myself being the boyfriend.
Speaker 1: But then again, I have good taste, so I feel like I will buy anything ship. But if the boyfriend has like made like a muck up, like it would.
Speaker 2: Be hard to hear. Sorry, I'm not gonna wear this slash. I don't like it, but also like he probably needs.
Speaker 1: To hear it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think, like I said, compliment sandwich, So I give him a compliment, tell him you don't like it, and then give him another compliment or maybe reason with him and say let's go together.
Speaker 1: The general, I love you.
Speaker 3: That as I from a guy, that would probably definitely work.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, just like, let's just.
Speaker 3: Take the mind say anything and just go and police fans down.
Speaker 2: Matt and I we've lost our minds today, Like we're delirious.
Speaker 3: We're not an afternoon one, are.
Speaker 1: We We're a morning podcast in the morning.
Speaker 3: So on that, guys, we'll speak well.
Speaker 1: Look on that note, thank you so much for listening. We love you, guys.
Speaker 2: Make sure to keep sending us those five star reviews. They mean the world and Matt and I love reading them.
Speaker 3: Also, just a reminder, guys, we want to hear from you, so send those voicemails in send them to our instagram. We want to help you.
Speaker 2: We want to help you, whether it be crazy first date stories, crazy sex stories, whatever it might be, send them to Where's your Head At?
Speaker 1: Pod at gmail dot.
Speaker 2: Com or send a voice note to our Instagram page. We can't wait to respond, and until next time, see ye bye.