Speaker 1: Meet our guests.
Speaker 2: Mystery guest much more thrilling than the rest.
Speaker 1: Mystery guest.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Melbourne, final show of the.
Speaker 4: Years outside, I think I know who it is?
Speaker 3: Who is it?
Speaker 5: Mariah Carey?
Speaker 3: I would I would lower those expectations on zoom. I would definitely know those expectations, all right, So mystery guest to.
Speaker 4: This about a million dollars does for the amount of times to play the song?
Speaker 3: Lauren doesn't know who is about to join us?
Speaker 5: Does Melbourne?
Speaker 3: Melbourne doesn't know either.
Speaker 5: You haven't said it.
Speaker 2: While I was an insta present.
Speaker 3: For everybody, Lauren, the mystery guest is currently listening right. Maybe you could ask them a question and they could like cough or make a sound to answer you.
Speaker 4: Okay, are you a female?
Speaker 5: That's a man? That was that there was a coffee yes? Or a coffin?
Speaker 4: No? I say cough if you're a female and they coughed, Okay, so it's a female. Next question, have we met before? Cough for yes?
Speaker 5: A female that sounds.
Speaker 3: Like Lauren's a little bit hung over this morning. Would you say you've had big nights not hus?
Speaker 1: Would you say.
Speaker 5: Who's the party girl?
Speaker 2: Should we rip the band aid? Off, Lauren, It's not Jane.
Speaker 6: Mystery guest.
Speaker 4: Mister Williams, Oh my god, I thought this interview with cancer?
Speaker 5: He is the real life. Yes, yes, he's live.
Speaker 1: Can I just say that when you said is it carry?
Speaker 6: You said lower your What am I chop? Liver?
Speaker 5: This is the best surprise ever, Robbie. You're my favorite of all time?
Speaker 1: Which is the movie?
Speaker 5: I cried the whole time.
Speaker 4: I told every single person that will listen that they must go and watch when it comes out on Boxing Day?
Speaker 1: Oh well, bless you from your mouth to God's ears and all general public listening. Hey, I know this doesn't make very good radio, but my hair has grown.
Speaker 6: Back on my chest? Should I shave it off?
Speaker 5: Keep the rug, Robbie, keep the rug?
Speaker 4: Boy?
Speaker 2: How are you, mister Robbie Williams.
Speaker 6: I'm ruined as a human.
Speaker 5: I feel your pain.
Speaker 4: Today is our last day of work for the year, and I've crawled to the finish line.
Speaker 1: So so what are you going to do with your time off? If you get time off.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to see these two for six weeks and that's all I care about.
Speaker 1: Oh my lord, you've got six weeks off.
Speaker 6: How did you get six weeks off. Would you manage that.
Speaker 5: Because we can't tolerate each other for any.
Speaker 3: It's early starts and kids are on holidays and stuff like that. Also, Robbie, I just need to warn you we do have something on this show every year if anyone drops. Got to be very clear, yes the sea word, not the C word, but the festive word. Then we then we play Mariah Kerry all I want for Christmas?
Speaker 4: Yes, so please, you said, we're we are not interrupting this, Robbie Williams chat to play mar.
Speaker 3: Just let Robbie the Rooks.
Speaker 5: Robbie, how are you?
Speaker 2: I asked that question.
Speaker 6: I was really good. I'm really really good.
Speaker 1: But I've been promo in the hall out of this film, and I've done like six hundred interviews, and I've been on planes, got off planes, done TV shows, and I'm now coming to the end of the promo. And I hope that the world is aware that there is a biopic about my life in which I'm played by a cgi monkey.
Speaker 5: Now it is un believable.
Speaker 4: Now, I was saying, we were saying to you clink the other day, the monkey, Right, You're played by a monkey.
Speaker 5: But after about five minutes into the film, you don't even know, actually forget that it's a monkey. It's extraordinary.
Speaker 3: Can I ask, what's the story behind the monkey? Robbie?
Speaker 1: The real story behind the monkey is that we needed a unique selling point for this movie to get people talking. Michael, the director of the Greatest Showman, came up with the idea, and I loved it. I'm a big fan of audacious. My whole career is based on being audacious and surreal and weird and unusual. And the movie has definitely got people talking. I didn't even think I'd have to explain it up until it went to like a focus group in America, Hey, what's a monkey? And I'm like, we're gonna have to explain it now. So we came up with some bs to explain. I don't see myself as evolved and I want I want the world to see.
Speaker 2: Is that why Robbie has said it was a risk, like the bio pick itself was a risk with the.
Speaker 1: Biopics, yeah, a risk, but having a c GI monkey now, well, it's unbelievable. You know, it's an incredible movie and it works on so many levels, and and I'm still yet to understand completely why it works.
Speaker 6: Why do you think it was?
Speaker 4: I was saying, I think it's because, like the monkey is so emotive. I was saying to the boys, like you can kind of see its emotion in the way its slumps and in its stead in it. Yeah, it's almost like you can see in this sound might sound ridiculous how the monkey feels by its body language a bit, and.
Speaker 5: She's so drawn into this character. I just I was just fascinated, mate.
Speaker 1: Lauren, and I well, just let me ask you, sorry, let me ask another question. I want to know, I really need to know, inquiring mine's mine? Want to know which bit did you cry out first?
Speaker 4: I cried when the when you when you when the monkey's in the bath with Nan. That really got me and the kids having a really hard time.
Speaker 5: I cried, I cried alf I cried quite a lot in it.
Speaker 4: I cried over your relationship with your dad, in when you felt abandoned by your dad. I was bawling my eyes out. I cried when your dream came true. I cried a lot in it. To be honest, I cried. I cried a lot about your nan. Your Nan really got me.
Speaker 1: It's very strange to be asking people if they cried, and when they say yes, I say good. It's it's it's an unusual, a surreal moment in my life where I'm happy if people are unhappy.
Speaker 3: I was crying in the car on the way home, and then Lauren and I were just on the text all afternoon just about it. It really stayed with me and I cannot preach more highly of this movie.
Speaker 4: It's amazing Boxing Day, Although Robbie, you do make me cry a lot. It was this time last year, I think you were here in Melbourne and you played a day on the Green Yes, and it absolutely bucketed down with rain. It was torrential and the three of us had just lost our jobs. We got fired for another radio station. It was that week and I went with my best friends and we stood there in the rain and I was crying.
Speaker 5: It was at a winery, so that helped.
Speaker 4: And I cried my eyes out watching my favorite performer on stage.
Speaker 5: And I'll never forget it. And to be here a year later talking.
Speaker 4: To you at this new radio station is like We've come from the circle and now I'm gonna cry again.
Speaker 6: Let me ask you another question.
Speaker 1: So from the fear and the misery of losing your job to then finding new employment.
Speaker 6: How long did that take?
Speaker 5: Oh, it took a couple of months.
Speaker 4: I think we got picked up by this great radio station which we're at now.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what did you learn that in those couple of months?
Speaker 6: And what have you learned? Now?
Speaker 5: You know what we learned.
Speaker 4: We learned when you get told you're not good enough, keep pushing and keep fighting because you never know.
Speaker 1: What's persevere, don't give up, don't let anybody get in your way. If the ball is there to be one, it's your effing ball.
Speaker 2: Oh God, hey, can I just put those listening right now? This is completely live. And Robbie was a mystery guest. Robbie, do you know who Jane Bunn is?
Speaker 6: What the name rings about? But fill me in.
Speaker 2: She's a weather woman here in Melbourne. And Laurence you were Jane Bunn?
Speaker 6: What? What? What? What? Lauren thought that the mystery guest was Jane Bond.
Speaker 4: And Jane Bunny is a lovely lady. Guys made my year. I can't tell you, I cannot tell you how special it is.
Speaker 6: Pleasure darling.
Speaker 1: It feels good to be able to facilitate a nice moment. God bless you, and I didn't know the story about you losing your job and now you get in this new job. There you go, made that servers a warming story for everybody that is going through the storm right now.
Speaker 5: Thanks Robbie.
Speaker 4: And guess what this radio show just went to number one yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, come on, there is stick it up them. We will unless.
Speaker 6: They play my records. Then you know I'm looking.
Speaker 3: We'll apply to us as many Just quickly, what are you doing for the fistive season?
Speaker 6: My man?
Speaker 1: Well, my wife is an Olympic memory maker and she is the Christmas. Where I once didn't care for Christmas. In fact, I would say I pretty much hated it. I am now in love with it and I adore it. I've got four kids and they've followed the magic of Christmas and it's it's it's the most wonderful time of the year, as the song says, and I can't wait to finish work and get involved and eat too much chocolate.
Speaker 3: Let's let you get off the phone spend it with the family. Hi, Robbie, it's been a bloody trait heaving you on the show.
Speaker 5: You this has been the best surprise.
Speaker 3: We love you the bit and congratulations on the bier P incredible.
Speaker 1: And also I will say congratulations on your future success.
Speaker 6: Go kill it. Thank you, Robbie, Thank you, Robbie Love Robbie Williams.
Speaker 4: Guys, guys, you normally have the worst, shittest surprises ever, and that was the greatest thing ever.
Speaker 1: I'm done.
Speaker 2: Youah what we're doing next time.
Speaker 5: I'm retiring, don't tell me. Joined bunds here.
Speaker 2: Hi joint bun with your weather.
Speaker 4: Jason Lauren Jason Lauren.
Speaker 5: Wake Up Feeling Good on Nomber one hundred. Jason Lauren bo on socials