Speaker 1: Welcome to the Podcast's a real wholesome space where you can just be yourself. For example, I mean early on in the WEK, it was a big debates that divide a nation. Now do you wear undies at the gym? We took it to the next level and in asking people this, particularly at my gym, I learned a lot of information about the female species that I didn't know before.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 4: As well as being you know, the biggest debate since Poe might vi veggimite. This was huge and we discovered that you know absolutely nothing about females and the way they go about things in their anatomy.
Speaker 1: Nothing. And I've got a third kid on the way, I know nothing. That's so concerning Yesterday. Social media influences Laura Henshaw and Steph Claire Smith really really goot people.
Speaker 2: For again contry were my favorite.
Speaker 5: Laura and Steph Oh, me too, me too.
Speaker 6: It's so good.
Speaker 7: Do you wear undis at the gym?
Speaker 1: And this is a question to the ladies, And all of a sudden, all the blokes are gone, what is this a thing?
Speaker 7: Do you wear undies at the gym?
Speaker 2: I absolutely can heategorically where unders at the gym?
Speaker 4: And so much to the point like it becomes incredibly uncomfortable if though they're said underwear, move to a position that isn't covering things that they should be covering.
Speaker 7: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: I'm thinking more broadly, it's made me really question I don't understand women in.
Speaker 7: General, let's be honest.
Speaker 5: Well, I know that's true.
Speaker 1: Still trying to work it out, but I think I've discovered a few things which are may be a little bit concerning.
Speaker 7: And if we could welcome to you producers, Zoree, good morning.
Speaker 1: Now we're having a little chat earlier this morning is sort of chewing the fat, and then we started talking about I have recalled clothing habits and maybe the differences between guys and girls.
Speaker 8: Right because it started that I defended the commando gym situation. How well I've done it once, didn't quite rate it myself, but I got banned from the gym because.
Speaker 4: He probably not only did she not wear underwear, she didn't wear ties.
Speaker 7: Taking to the next level, lots of.
Speaker 8: Chicks don't like the seam of their undies on their tires and things like that, so I kind of get it.
Speaker 9: I'm not gonna I'm not gonna bash that one.
Speaker 5: Well, that's a vanity thing.
Speaker 4: If you've got chicks getting around who don't want to see the line of their g string and they just want the scrunch bum.
Speaker 5: Look that's on them.
Speaker 4: Wow, I see a lot of vanity in my gym.
Speaker 7: Yeah right, it's one of those gyms.
Speaker 5: Yeah. No, it's a great gym.
Speaker 7: It's a good gym, but you've really got to make sure you know what you're wearing.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Well, from that, we were talking about like just other clothing habits. I said, it's you know, it's like women do stuff like that. I don't wash my bra very often, really, and I will not wash my bra every time I wear it. I will go a few days in that bad boy.
Speaker 1: Yes, but bear in mind as well, that's our producers is amish just a bath once month?
Speaker 7: No, just kidding. So what were we talking? We're talking days, weeks.
Speaker 8: We don't wash your braf I don't want to expose myself too much.
Speaker 4: I'd probably go a couple of days. I certainly wouldn't go weeks without weeks.
Speaker 5: I reckon, I would go a week without washing my bra.
Speaker 7: Don't you sweat it and everything?
Speaker 5: It's a right spot that it doesn't get that. Yeah.
Speaker 4: But also I've got I don't know about you, though, I've got my favorite bras, so I sort of wear the ones that are most comfortable the most often, that's right. And there's some real neglected ones, you know, like the sexy ones that used to wear in your twenties and that, oh you're still in your twenties, yea, And.
Speaker 5: I bet you're not wearing sexy underwear.
Speaker 7: I'm so.
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to get this straight. First of all, you wear your undies on the outside, you're in trouble. Superman get himself in trouble on the outside.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But also, you guys don't have to wash your bras. You can wear your undies if you want or you don't, so you can do what you want. But as soon as I wear a G string at the gym, dang, probably shouldn't have been.
Speaker 7: No one squats Jode's.
Speaker 1: Where do you sit when it comes to telling, just a little bit of a white lege, just a little bit of a fear probably to get you out at something.
Speaker 4: I sit with it makes If it spares someone's feelings.
Speaker 7: Then I'm okay with it. If the shoe fits, yeah, if it.
Speaker 2: Doesn't hurt someone, then I'm alright with a little white live.
Speaker 7: The truth can be harsh, really harsh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it could be brutal.
Speaker 1: So the other day I was running along at times and I think it was up to about K fifteen fifty k.
Speaker 7: I was probably doing sort of four ten splits, I reckon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I comfortably just told two lies then, yeah, and this next story will makes sense Why I was so comfortable telling those little FIBs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And can I tell you what you like to do when it comes to exercises?
Speaker 5: Humble brag?
Speaker 2: So you'll call me and you go, hey, I've just done is that twelve cas?
Speaker 9: Is that enough?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 10: The hope?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 7: Is that enough? Should I be happy with that?
Speaker 11: After?
Speaker 4: After I run walked three k's on the treadmillanly died.
Speaker 1: Run walking given yourself being a bit generous, there, aren't you? I just did a three k walk Like cool, that's awesome. Anyway, a little burn off the last day you just drank. Anyway, White lives get involved nice early thirteen twenty four to ten. Do you give us a story about when you've just weaseled your way out of something? Via white life? So I was running along and a lady genuinely stopped me. But you had glasses on and I have my headphones in, so I just assumed that we knew each other. So someone stopped you like that in their way, nice big smile on the face.
Speaker 7: You're like, Oh, I know this person, so I'm just gonna run. So I stopped.
Speaker 5: That's bold.
Speaker 1: It was bold too, yeah, So full points for the bravery of her to do that quite fearless. So she stopped me and started going on about this whole She has, oh, do you run a little bit? And I was like do I do? I? I should have said it was my first one, but I was like, do I okay? Only daily.
Speaker 7: She was like, right over, should.
Speaker 4: Have just lifted up with your shit, and god, does it look like?
Speaker 12: What do you think?
Speaker 7: So then you started going about the things.
Speaker 1: She's doing a thesis at UNISA, and it was about bone density and what they would do is I'd go get a bone density test and they would track me and then all of a sudden they'd fix up a diet for me. In all these types of things, it was a big commitment and it was a big speech by her. Twice during the speech she said, so, look, the test is for over thirty fives, and what we do is you get this, you get this, and all you have to do is blah blah blah blah. And I was sort of spacing out, going I don't want to do this, yeah, but I don't have the kahunas to say I don't want to do this.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So then at the end, and there was a part of my it was almost like there was a devil on one side, little angel side, and the angel.
Speaker 7: Was like, just do it. Help her out, And the devil must have got his pitchfork and absolutely got rid of the angel.
Speaker 5: Can I just break this down.
Speaker 4: You are a man who does breakfast radio, you work at Channel seven seven days a week, and your wife is about to have her third child.
Speaker 2: Why would you commit to a trial? And can I ask was it paid?
Speaker 1: No, You're absolutely nice because I didn't want to hurt her feelings. And also she done this excellent, big speech in front of me. I was like, well, thank you for the presentation.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that you don't have to say yes to everyone in every circumstance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, how come sometimes I say say no, my mouth goes yes? So then at the end instead, the devil took over and she said, oh, would you be interested and can I sign you up? And I said I'd love to, but I'm under thirty five.
Speaker 7: No, I'm actually thirty four thirty seven. She said, oh, I know when's your birthday? Is this year?
Speaker 10: Next?
Speaker 7: Yes? I said, oh, it's actually next year.
Speaker 1: You did the mask that means I'm an eighty nine baby, and she said, oh, such a shame.
Speaker 7: It would have been really.
Speaker 1: Good for and I was like, oh, yeah, well so anyway, Tutulou and I jogged off. I'm thirty eight years old, little white line, and she ended up sending him email anyway.
Speaker 7: God knows why I gave him my adets, But.
Speaker 6: Why did you give your your email address?
Speaker 7: I said.
Speaker 1: Look, I said sorry to her, saying sorry for wasting your time, but give me. I'll give you my email address and I'll tell.
Speaker 7: Some people work about it.
Speaker 1: Anyway, so I got myself out, and I feel bad about the little white lie.
Speaker 7: I feel bad about it. No, you're genuine life.
Speaker 2: You should have felt bad about giving her your email address.
Speaker 1: Yes, thirteen twenty four ten. Your little white lies where you're just wheeze or your way out of it, because the other thing I can tell you is one of the absolute perks of kids. Whenever you don't want to be a something. I haven't got the kids.
Speaker 4: But like, I've used that for years and years, but now I think that when you do use that excuse, people go, that's an excuse because everyone uses their kids. This is an excuse for not doing something. So now it's like it's like the old when you call in sick, Oh I've got gastro. It got used so frequently that now everyone knows you don't have gastro.
Speaker 7: You got to come up with something different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally okay, got onions or.
Speaker 1: Something, your fions, something where there isn't a follow up question. Yeah, thirteen twenty four ten, you go to white life, you get yourself out of things.
Speaker 2: Did you get an email from that woman?
Speaker 1: I did about an hour later too, so she's listening as well. Give us a call thirteen and twenty four ten and let's discuss, and I'll probably say yes.
Speaker 5: Did you.
Speaker 7: I haven't replied yet, okay, but I will no doubt and probably say yes.
Speaker 2: Just give it.
Speaker 7: Abaz Actually love. My name's Bruce Avenue.
Speaker 5: The Great Deals and cheeky getaways.
Speaker 2: What if dot com has just the place?
Speaker 7: Winter are hard ways great?
Speaker 5: But bring on spring, jump.
Speaker 10: On the water.
Speaker 4: If out to book hotels, apartments, holiday rentals and more, what if it's.
Speaker 7: Ouzzy for travel. Let's get to Marianne and Plimpton Park.
Speaker 13: Good morning, Oh hello, good morning?
Speaker 7: How are you? What do you do to a wheezy way out of things?
Speaker 13: Well? Yes, I did get sprung badly. So if either of you're familiar with the Castle Plaza shopping center, it's not a terribly large sort of mall area, so it's hard to avoid the people that want to give.
Speaker 7: Yourself to me.
Speaker 13: So I'm doing the usual because you think that the thing was it was around Mother's Day and the Classic and all of that, and I've run that every year, so I thought, I'm good with this one, so ill and everything. I'm going now hello, I said, oh the stoners, I did the old point to the watch thing, and he also said, look, I've done heaps of over the year. I donate regularly, and oh, but this is a new one. I said, oh yes, look I know, I beg I've already searched that out and done that online and kept walking. But I even saying, I wonder how she did that.
Speaker 10: It's then you it's not even up.
Speaker 13: I just said, oh my god, I've been sprung already on the spot and discovered and I just hid toiled it straight out the door.
Speaker 1: That's perfect already visited the website. We don't have a website.
Speaker 4: Good job, very annul are in the running for the winter weekend escape that'sdrawn tomorrow. Let's go to Patrick from Salisbury. Good morning, Patrick, good morning.
Speaker 2: Okay, what do you go to?
Speaker 6: White Lie?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 12: Well, I got to stop by some people in the street trying to sell me a gym membership, and like I didn't want it, but I told them I was very interested, and then I gave them my housemate name and number.
Speaker 2: That's good, And then what happened?
Speaker 10: They call him all the time.
Speaker 1: They're very persistent because you've got to come up with excuse. You can't possibly say no, I'm not interested, No that's not for me. Why can't we just be open and honest like that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know you're why are you asking me that question?
Speaker 7: Because you're an issue. I've got a genuine issue.
Speaker 4: You've got it, like I've never known a man to be more accommodating to other people's needs.
Speaker 5: It is quite ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're like, hey, do you want to mc giga goes for twelve hours. It's in Kuba Peting, it's on Christmas Day or so you need to get yourself there.
Speaker 7: And I'll be like, oh, okay, can work.
Speaker 4: And then you have to go on delivery the news to Kara that Daddy won't be home for Christmas.
Speaker 1: Again, still on a free let's got a news reader, Abby, you're an open, honest operator.
Speaker 7: Are you telling white liars?
Speaker 11: Occasion I do throw in the hole like oh I can't come because I'm washing my hair or whatever. Probably this job though. They called and said you want to come down and read the news, and I said, yeah, I've got experience.
Speaker 6: But you know, you didn't tump me into Uni soil.
Speaker 7: You're make it.
Speaker 6: You haven't been exposed at all, haven't done any of this.
Speaker 7: That's good.
Speaker 6: That's why I'm so horrible at it.
Speaker 1: We're in the same boat because they called me and they said, oh, do you want to come working over and what's your knowledge like for.
Speaker 7: A musing, I was like, yeah, I'm all that fresh hits And they were like from by Jude.
Speaker 8: Please welcome to Jody and Hazy tom to Day, Yes, warm.
Speaker 7: Round of the porse. Good morning, Tom do Day, Good morning.
Speaker 9: How are you going?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Going very well. How are you feeling? How's things and surviving here?
Speaker 3: All going well? Five and year five years great? Just having a birk and stuff to bait cracking. Okay, Thursday morning.
Speaker 2: You've just walked in with Berkenstall.
Speaker 4: So you're a convert now, but you two are trying to argue black and blue that the most comfortable combination in the world on your feet are socks and birkenstocks.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just feel like, let's say, if we've got Tom Doo Day on board and now we're going to start to make some progress.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you wear the clothes in birkenstocks with socks. You've got the open ones. Would you wear socks with those?
Speaker 9: Not in public?
Speaker 3: Maybe to the movies or something, maybe to the shops if I was just ducking in. But I'll die on that, on that hill that it's the most comfortable combination there is, are you guys joking?
Speaker 7: So we will die on that hill. And one thing you can guarantee is that our feet are comfortable and warm because.
Speaker 4: You've got someone and you obviously give zero bleeps about what anyone.
Speaker 5: Thinks about you.
Speaker 9: Yeah, a lot of the time.
Speaker 3: Also, I have pretty ugly toes from wearing type footy boots for multiple years, so I have to cover them up sometimes, have a lot.
Speaker 9: No, you can't stay over there, but you know we've moved past that. I'm not as self conscious of them as they used to be. And what helped with that was socks and berks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, good for you guys. You do your birth whatever makes you feel good about yourself.
Speaker 1: Just connecting via birkinstocks, he would have thought, yeah, hey Tommy, you going as good as your last game. I know you're watching from the sidelines, but boy, oh boy, the Crows are on fire.
Speaker 9: Pretty good, weren't we.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think from a football point of view, I think our pressure and our contest work was the best it's been for four quarters in in a while. I feel like we've brought that pressure and stuff for maybe against my album. It's probably last two quarters, and at times we've done it in and out, But to do it for four quarters put them under the pump, take them away from what they want to do. In that outside run and carry game. It was a It was a good performance and I was very proud from the stands.
Speaker 2: You were confident going in because we were sort of like a underdogs.
Speaker 4: I don't know how you're going to go without you, you know, a couple of other guys out and you.
Speaker 2: Were like, no, no road chance. So was that confidence shared around the boys?
Speaker 7: Yeah? I believe.
Speaker 9: So.
Speaker 3: I think with a showdown, you just it's sort of it sounds cliche, but you do reset the records because any game against port Is it feels like a final, so you just have to show up. But I think it come down to knowing that our game plan can work against their game plan and has the last few showdowns, and that if we brought it the way that we know we can, we can beat anyone, especially on Adelaide over with our home crowd.
Speaker 9: And it did and it was very very sweet.
Speaker 4: Can you beat anyone on the road, Yeah, we.
Speaker 3: Haven't quite actually beaten teams, but we've competed well. Yes, So we'll close the pastour a couple of kicks in it, so okay, yeah, flip a coin, heads of it's close.
Speaker 7: A big debate this week is obviously concussion.
Speaker 1: Can we ask you as well, not specifically what happened in the game, but more so, do you think there should be an AFL affiliated doctor to make the decision as to whether you get a concussion test or not?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I reckon.
Speaker 3: For the point of view from the player is that in this industry you are seen as a warrior, and you have to be a warrior to play this game because it's very violent.
Speaker 9: You have to back it up week to week.
Speaker 3: You always saw there's always something going on, and you just through it that Most people would just be like, nah, i'm a bit so I'm not going to play, or if you a bit sick, you don't shot up to work sort of thing.
Speaker 9: You don't really have that choice at this level.
Speaker 3: And I think when you're in that mode in game, to the ability to take yourself, detach yourself from the situation and go, nah, I'm not right here. I need to protect my head, it becomes really hard. And I'd the one earlier in the year where I put my hand up at the end of the game and said, I'm no good here.
Speaker 9: I think I'm cast.
Speaker 3: In that game, I was sort of aware that I was feeling a bit off but I was just sort of like, nah, I'm good to go. And I think if you have that external influence, then they can pull them out and say you're no good. It's a I think it'd be better for the game overall.
Speaker 4: There's probably nine times out of ten, you guys are so tough that you're you're going to say no, I'm right, I'm right, let's go get me back out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And that's just that's what foot is. That's been drilled into generations of footy players. You're tough, your courage courageous, you come back with the fly, you put your head over the ball. That's just that's what we do. And that's what makes our game beautiful. Is it's like you are genuinely warriors on the battlefield trying to win a game of footy. But there's a time when your health and safety comes in and should be the priorlready, and I think an external well doctor would help with that.
Speaker 7: Would you check yourself now?
Speaker 1: Would you slightly tweak the way that you play because you're one of those players who put your head in spaces where you probably shouldn't.
Speaker 3: I don't think you can to be fair, Sorry, can you put his muto as you will have it. We'll have a mature conversation. Good but no, I do think it is a It's one of those ones where put in your head in places you have to you have to think about that, But I don't think you can want to cross that white line. The way you play just is the way you play. And someone like Lockie Murphy's a great example. Like he's had a few issues with his neck and stuff, but he just head over the ball, goes to smithers everything like that. Every every player at this level, when you've gotten to this level, has that ability to just flip the switch. And I'm no different. Unfortunately, much to the disgust of my mum and partners.
Speaker 7: Tough to watch.
Speaker 9: Are you good over there? You come back to us?
Speaker 4: No, it's just that's the first time I've heard of a footy player that's put his head in places wouldn't be But anyway.
Speaker 2: We move on.
Speaker 7: Sometimes it have strictly on the field we're talking.
Speaker 1: Jose, Yes, I just want to play this for your time because you recommended this to us weeks ago and we haven't spoken about it. Iconic, you need to watch Quarterback on Netflix. I did and I feel like I'm a better, more wholesome person because of it, because of Captain Kirk, because of Kirk cousins, but also Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 7: Not so much Mariota, but everyone else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Mariota, that was a bad casting gig. I'm not sure they were thinking that he's been terrible quarterbacks since twenty fifteen when he was number two overall pick.
Speaker 7: So that was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's and he's always been very classic unit. But you know, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I recommend even did you watch any of it?
Speaker 5: I've watched.
Speaker 4: I've watched the first couple of episodes until my husband said, can you, for once in your damn life wait for me to watch a series together?
Speaker 2: So I have to wait now.
Speaker 7: Oh that's great.
Speaker 9: Yeah. F three is awesome.
Speaker 3: They talk about like playing through pain, and then at four they talk about the play calls and how long a play call is and how being a quarterback is almost ninety percent mental.
Speaker 4: Is it good for people that don't necessarily enjoy the sport?
Speaker 3: I reckon, because I think it's sort of pulls it back to like basics at the start, and then you actually get to follow a human versus watching eleven verse eleven, and you have no idea what's going on. You don't understand why they're throwing penalty flags or why they're saying holding all this stuff. It's just like the human it's playing. And then you get to see their family, their wife, so you get to see that all the the stuff that goes on behind the scenes.
Speaker 4: What I did work out very early on is that Blondie's a bit annoying.
Speaker 9: Yeah, miss miss, I won't say I'll get in I'll get in trouble.
Speaker 7: That's fair, Tommy.
Speaker 1: Can you stick around and we're going to do our Battle of the Bangers reveal next we don't get you involved. Could you stick around just for a few more minutes?
Speaker 3: I joy can flip the switch and boo sensible, I apologize.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll be better.
Speaker 7: Get you hit the game, Jacks, come on, you can do this.
Speaker 1: By Jude as done a.
Speaker 5: Welcome to Jody and Hazy tom today.
Speaker 1: So you've stuck around with us for a few extra minutes. We said, look, you can go if you want.
Speaker 7: You said no, no, no, no, I want to hear a couple more fresh hits.
Speaker 4: No, we said stay because if things get willing during this next segment, you need to separate the two of us. That's why he's hanging around. This is Battle of the Bangers. Okay, so we've got two songs. We're about to reveal them. They go head to head. You can jump on Instagram and vote on the Jody and Hazy page. But we thought it might be fun to reveal our songs to you, just to get your thoughts, feelings and emotions.
Speaker 2: On each one of them.
Speaker 9: I picked picked Jody last week, Hazy two weeks before.
Speaker 3: Ye.
Speaker 1: All right, let's launch in. Let's thought, says Tommy. And obviously you're aware. But for those tuning in for the first time, it is two competitive comrades who were friends off the pe pitch, I mean ride in the studio here where things can get really aggressive. Yeah, just put it out there, one song each on social media. Jody and Hazy and the good people. And they are good people, I must say. They cast their vote, have been formed the last four weeks to you haven't had a good paka.
Speaker 2: Anyway, It's six all good over.
Speaker 4: So, Tommy, do you have anyone that you quite like, like Hazy and Eye you quite like off the field, But then when you get on the field.
Speaker 2: You just want to kill them.
Speaker 9: Film my teammates, I reckon, we'll get yeah.
Speaker 3: I can't name names, but no, yeah, everyone on field is an enemy basically.
Speaker 4: Okay, cool, wow, all right, Okay, look me in the eye enemy idea.
Speaker 7: That's a right too. I'm too humble for this.
Speaker 9: Are you going for five straight?
Speaker 7: It might be for five straight? Yeahs, incredible stuff, and you know to lose five straight. But this is the thing time.
Speaker 2: I mean, you can take your stats elsewhere if you like.
Speaker 7: It's not even me, though, Tommy.
Speaker 1: It's the good people out there and pandering their full credit to the full credit to the boys and the girls.
Speaker 7: Okay, listeners, the girls. All right, what can I go first?
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, So I want to take you back to I think I was reading about two thousand and three. I was in year twelve, Big Hopes, Big Dreams, and this was the fire.
Speaker 2: Up st.
Speaker 7: Eminem.
Speaker 1: That's going to be Oh my gosh, Joe, he's looking at me as if she's chosen the wrong song.
Speaker 7: Award's Eminem.
Speaker 3: By the way, time my own multiple m and I've still got the CDs. Chose my age.
Speaker 7: Okay, listen to on Spotify about eight miles.
Speaker 3: I've got the Blu Ray DVDs. We tell you what Jesus would take a comeback from you. Okay, if it's not Fleetwood, Mac, you're in stripe or nice.
Speaker 4: This is really really interesting because we don't know what each other has.
Speaker 7: Chosen, right, Yes, we don't.
Speaker 2: So on this occasion we've both gone the same Mars.
Speaker 7: This is unbelievable.
Speaker 1: So I see the song just before they get loaded in about five or six minutes ago.
Speaker 7: So I'm looking at going what is happening here? But here we are.
Speaker 1: All I can tell you is so I sent my song off to our boss Josh yesterday and he said, yeah, I approve that this is going to be interesting. I said it was going to be interesting. He said, I'm not going to tell you and you hear it. But here's Jody's song. It's a good old fashioned em.
Speaker 7: It's an all right.
Speaker 2: So who saw that coming?
Speaker 7: Who saw that coming? Not me, not Tom, not Jody, not Marshallow.
Speaker 3: I definitely didn't because I went the whole thing about how who could beat eminem?
Speaker 4: But I'll take your eminem and I'll raise you in em Yeah.
Speaker 1: So you've got without me, you've got to lose yourself or you've got to lose yourself and without me at the same.
Speaker 7: Time, it's a like a genuine masher. All right, Tommy, what are you thinking?
Speaker 1: You're you're going to cast the first like you're cutting the ribbon. You're going to cast the first vote.
Speaker 2: And you are very influenced in this town.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, massive, massively influential, especially when it comes to this stuff. Yeah, I'm not going to build up the suspense like us ongoing with Joe's. I'm going with without me very dare you as much as I would love to see five in a row, and especially to lose five in a row, lose yourself just too much.
Speaker 9: It's overplayed.
Speaker 3: It's gotten to a point where even even the fraudulent eminem fans think they're hard because they can listen and rap. And so what happens is without me, he's a little got a little bit more character, and without me it's a bit more. It gets me up and about more, because lose Yourself makes me cringe a little bit. Sometimes cringeworthy can be.
Speaker 2: This song is cringe worthy.
Speaker 1: Okay, look what I will say about tom do days a few weeks ago when he suggested Taylor Swift, that was a really good song.
Speaker 7: Oh my gosh, how wrong was he? No, that's not funny.
Speaker 1: Without me or lose yourself from eminem upon Jody and Hayes on Instagram.
Speaker 7: Tell me appreciate your work.
Speaker 3: This morning, mate, not as much as I appreciate vote without me'll do.
Speaker 5: This freaking story.
Speaker 10: This is huge.
Speaker 2: Well your forest stars and Dania have and.
Speaker 1: My, oh my god, it's two things. It's Zendaya and also, don't drop the S word on radio. I'm not sure what's more important, probably the latter.
Speaker 2: Just dump me then.
Speaker 7: Up now Chris is too late.
Speaker 4: All right, apologies if there's children in Auntie, Jody just swore accidentally. She didn't mean it, shoudn't do it on purpose, So kitties, don't say that word.
Speaker 7: Okay, what.
Speaker 2: Was a little test, wasn't it? Okay? That never happened. Should we start again?
Speaker 1: Euphorius does, hang on sick twenty three degrees across Adelaide today.
Speaker 2: As you were, Euphorius does.
Speaker 4: Zendaya has penned a heartfelt tribute for her co star and Cloud, who passed away yesterday aged just twenty five. So she talked to Astagram Hazy. She plays the main character and narrator Rue on the HBO series, and she said she couldn't find the words to reflect on the bond she shared with Cloud during his life and times. She said, I know people use this expression often when talking about folks they love. They could light up any room they entered. But boy, let me tell you, he was the best at it. I'd like to remember him that way. What a nice thing to say about.
Speaker 7: I've seen you for a He had a cool role.
Speaker 1: He's very intriguing, very It's almost like he was misunderstood, right and the furthest series got into it. You're like, oh, it is a bit more substance about the spot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, agree.
Speaker 4: Good actor Sydney Sweeney she was in it as well, and she said, this is the hardest thing I've ever had to post, and I'm struggling to find all the words. The heart et is reel and I wish I could have one more hug and one seven to eleven runs.
Speaker 5: So very sad. Stuff.
Speaker 7: It's pretty sad.
Speaker 4: Let's go to Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, what about this? He split with his wife Sophie Hot single.
Speaker 2: Man alert.
Speaker 7: Am I right, am, I right?
Speaker 2: Ladies, Justin is single. So the people were married back in two thousand and five. They've got three children.
Speaker 4: They both posted statements on their social media accounts announcing their breakup. He's in the English, hers in France French. They still planned to go on holiday next.
Speaker 2: Week with their family.
Speaker 4: Oh it's I don't know, Like I feel good about that in the sense that at least it's amicable, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: A lot of divorces are so.
Speaker 4: Fraught with animosity, but at least they get along well enough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just the opportunity, opportunity for disaster and conflict.
Speaker 2: Though, wasn't it Well not really, if you.
Speaker 1: Can be civilized about it. We don't know what's happening by scenes as well. What we do know is that.
Speaker 2: Do you know how they got together?
Speaker 4: So she was a childhood friend of Michael Trudeau, who was Justin's brother and the son of PM Pierre Trudeau, who was their dad.
Speaker 2: So Justin and Michael's dad was the PM. Also, I didn't know that.
Speaker 4: God, I've learnt so much this morning, not to you know, censor myself before I go to where.
Speaker 2: But I did learn about Justin and Michael Trudeau.
Speaker 7: That's very good.
Speaker 4: You say, let's talk Harvest Rock, shall we. They announced the lineup yesterday. Harlow Jamiroquai.
Speaker 1: Jamiroquai at the age of he's probably getting on a little bit now if he's still rocking a bloody for Dora.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know that he ever rocked it. But and it wasn't just a normal size for Dora. It was like an oversized one.
Speaker 5: I wasn't sure about it.
Speaker 1: So even if Jimiroquai can't make it look cool, yeah, it's time to put it on the bench permanently, I think.
Speaker 4: So allfadoras stand out, to stand out, rip, go to God, go.
Speaker 7: To the hat heavens.
Speaker 4: He dabbled in some stuff, didn't he back in the day of Jamerquay. I just remember all sorts of stories about well he was hard to get on stage and all.
Speaker 2: That sort of stuff was really yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, anyway, see if we see those antics when he turns up, look.
Speaker 4: Hopefully that was the nineties. Come on, it's twenty twenty three to America.
Speaker 6: Grow up JK.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and he probably doesn't recover quite like he used to.
Speaker 4: Know, does anyone Beck will also be performing.
Speaker 2: They'll perform on the Sunday.
Speaker 4: They were famous for their song I'm a loser Baby, Why don't you kill me?
Speaker 2: Or call me? As he said, why.
Speaker 7: Don't you call me because I'm a loser? Doesn't really make sense? Does it?
Speaker 2: No sense at all? And also Paul Kelly is going to be joining the lineup as.
Speaker 7: Well, So that's really cool.
Speaker 2: I'm Zoey produces.
Speaker 4: He jump on the mic here, I'm not really an avid festival goer. Ninety nine for two days? Is that around the mark? Or is that expensive?
Speaker 8: It's a little bit pricey, but for two days it's all right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's up there.
Speaker 1: Hang on a very second, two hundred ninety nine dollars. Yeah, oh wow. I haven't been to the festivals for a long time.
Speaker 7: Saying that though. If I'm hearing this blow.
Speaker 1: Right streets in a taxicab, we're to ninety nine.
Speaker 10: Oh for sure.
Speaker 2: It's an epic one.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, you can shout the rest of us because we all want to go.
Speaker 7: Is it worth it? I think so.
Speaker 10: Little.
Speaker 9: You tell me that you put the time machine.
Speaker 1: On this dasy You have the Thursday edition of on this Daisy starts right now, and I thought, why not for the third of August, go.
Speaker 7: Straight to the top.
Speaker 1: Nineteen seventy seven, the great Tom Brady was born in California. Today is his forty sixth birthday.
Speaker 4: Yet God, when he assembled, Tom said, I am going to make you talented and I'm going to make you hot.
Speaker 1: Af he said, you know what it wants such a good mood, Maybe I'll put together Tom Brady. Tom Brady's got a new lady as well, and Giselle is not happy. Yeah, well that's what TMZ is reporting, and I swear by TMZ who doesn't and.
Speaker 7: The Daily Mail if they could come together, I mean, what a collection of.
Speaker 4: Sources, a media powerhouse, barbecue and tomato sauces.
Speaker 7: Maybe some wish to Shire sauce as well?
Speaker 4: Does anyone does anyone actually eat Worcester shoe sauce? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Does anyone know how to properly pronounced as well? Wish to share? Wish to share? That's Worcestershire.
Speaker 5: That's not one for someone within the line.
Speaker 7: Is it. It's an absolute spitfest in here.
Speaker 1: Two thousand and one most clothes pegged clipped on face record was achieved by Gary Turner, who clip from one hundred and thirty three three ordinary wooden clothes pegs on his face at the oppice of the Guinness World Records in London in two thousand and four. He betted his record with one hundred and fifty three pegs Your Day, Gay, Your Day. When Gary was born into the world, his parents looked at him and said, Oh, I just got a feeling he's going to be great.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Fast forward and he's clipping pegs with his face, and his parents, well, bang.
Speaker 4: On, how do you work out you're good at clipping pegs onto your face.
Speaker 1: You've got to be genetically blessed. Yeah, So I reckon God. When he put together Tom Brady was in a really good mood. He was in an interesting mood when he put together Gary.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was a bit off that day.
Speaker 6: God.
Speaker 1: Two thousand and six, Pam Anderson married singer Kid Rock. The marriage shortly though, and they divorced in November two thousand and six.
Speaker 7: But poor p what a hell of a rash.
Speaker 5: So she got married in a bikini kid?
Speaker 7: Did she?
Speaker 5: Actually? Yeah? Actually? One?
Speaker 13: Kenny?
Speaker 7: Well, yeah. Pam Anderson was on the minds of so many youngsters.
Speaker 1: I mean, she was the generational thought for us as we were coming through, I filter that enough.
Speaker 4: No, thats not and I probably wouldn't have said coming.
Speaker 5: Through weither o.
Speaker 1: Real solid blind words there. Two thousand and seven, Kamulica baa Releast. It's a single, Havana. It's a bigger song worldwide and twenty eighteen nineteen million copies sold.
Speaker 5: It's a good song and Camilla not ugly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think we can all safely agree on that merge. Back to that little comment about Pam and for the kids these days anyway, number one song in August the third and nineteen ninety nine was if You Had My Love by jay Loo. Again, let's turn Jayla into this conversation with Pam Anderson and also Coamulica.
Speaker 5: Bayo, You're starting to sound real perfect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm very good at their craft, That's what I'll say.
Speaker 2: Well, the block is back Sunday nights on Channel nine.
Speaker 4: Wow, nineteen seasons. Can you believe it's Scottie cam How's it been this long?
Speaker 10: Yeah? I know it's really Yeah. It's a big thing in Kelly to be around for nine eight seasons for our crew and our family, which is our cameras cameras and sound and produces. Most of them are pretty the same. And we've got this family that we just get back together for three months every year. It's awesome.
Speaker 4: I tell you who that wasn't awesome for, though, Scottie. And that's Frankie, you kelpie. So Frankie's got his on Instagram. It's called Frankie the kelch if you want to follow. And there's a video up there, and it's a gorgeous video of you returning home after a month being away. And Frankie's reaction is the most wholesome, beautiful thing you'll ever see.
Speaker 10: She weaves everywhere. I just want to point out that that is every morning because she sleeps out time in her kennel. Yes, and she looks after the place, patrolling, and every single morning is that same reaction when I come down.
Speaker 1: Lettery, let's talk about this. She is a block, Christie and Bread. It means they are the essay contestants. What can you tell us about them?
Speaker 10: Yes, yeah, Look it's terrific and they're hard working. They had a bit of a hard time on the block. You'll find that out as time goes on. But they wear their herd on their slove. They say it as it is, no dramas, just tell us what you think and that's what you get. So we all love back.
Speaker 7: Yeah, direct feedback and just taking it on board.
Speaker 10: It's not that nasty. It's just you know, she just says it as it is because we all I like that someone you know where we stand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. You've seen you've seen some characters across the journey. How do you do your best to keep not keep your mouth shut, but not tell some of the contestants what you really think.
Speaker 10: Yeah, well that is my job to you know, basically, when they're happy, I'm pak them in the ribs and when they're said, I'll give my heart. In between times they might be doing something wrong or they think they know better, but you know, so trying to give them some help, then let them go if they don't want to listen. And you know, sometimes you just want people to be normal, just just human kindness that never goes astray, and sometimes that gets lost when you're tired. But we've got to deal with that sort of thing. And it's a tough gig the block, but as a contestant, it's tough, like three months, seven days a week, they're exhausted on Sunday night when we're in HQ given the scores and they're getting priceique and they're getting told that they didn't do a good job. And then wake up Monday morning after not sleeping for a couple of days and say, right, go again, bother week start like you can't. I don't blame them, And we're all a big block family. Once you've blown on the block, when you're part of the team and we know what you've been through, and you know, hopefully we really honestly want them to make money. At the end, I tell them that's been a speech on day one every year. Everybody on his crew. Everybody here wants you to do well out But don't think we're set you up to fail anything. We never do. And really, at the end of the day, Sully and I am talking about this in the past. If the auction doesn't go well, it really doesn't affect our show that much, you know, because people are still going to watch the option because they're intrigued about somebody's going to win it. Yeah, but we want them to all make money, and that's what we do. We would strive for them to be successful and get across the line at the end and then do their best at the option because we've got no control over what happens, and we just sit back and hope for the best.
Speaker 4: Scott, speaking of trying to hide your emotions, we had the logis during the week you've been highly successful. I know you've got a couple, but it wasn't your you this year got picked by Tony Armstrong for most popular Presenter.
Speaker 2: What's going through your head when they do make the announcement and it's not you?
Speaker 4: And then do you go up to Tony afterwards and say congratulations or do you just spit the jewy?
Speaker 10: No, of course I go congratulately, but I didn't actually see Annie, and I don't know Tony that well. But I know what it's like to win the Best Presenter because that is our job presented. Yeah, and I've won one of those and I loved it. And I don't mind someone else that that LOGI or the goal of course, because I've got one. It doesn't matter. I've gone both of that and good luck to someone else that wins them.
Speaker 7: Now they've got one that's exclusive.
Speaker 2: Oh dear Scotty Ken, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: It's been a pleasure as always, chatting to you the block back on Sunday at seven o' block and yeah, all the best with your season.
Speaker 7: Well they'll just.
Speaker 1: About do for us. What a show it was, Peak Shadow. My eight am is a big reveal Yep.
Speaker 2: The Battle of the Bang is.
Speaker 4: Feel free to vote the right way folks on the Johnny and Hazy Instagram Page six of Peace
Speaker 13: So D