Speaker 1: This podcast is being recorded and produced on Gadiical Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and elders past present.
Speaker 1: We extend our respect to any First Nations Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people joining us.
Speaker 2: Today, always was, always will be Aboriginal Land.
Speaker 3: I'm Britney Saunders and I'm all right hey.
Speaker 2: And this is high Scrollers, the podcast version of your favorite group chat.
Speaker 1: If it's trending, going viral, or has your gripped, we're talking about it.
Speaker 2: Coming up on this episode, Britney's had her Christmas party and there was one element that was very different and very shocking, and I.
Speaker 4: Was so enthralled in this story.
Speaker 2: I've never seen you speak so passionately about something book. It was amazing.
Speaker 3: Plus I have an anti royal flush.
Speaker 1: In this episode, I have purchased something that has shocked me and I don't actually know how this product exists.
Speaker 2: And I'm going on another rand of the week. There's actually a.
Speaker 3: Few rands the episode. Not gonna lie, but.
Speaker 2: We know you love it for all that.
Speaker 4: More coming up soon.
Speaker 3: Do you mean let's go well we have recovered?
Speaker 1: Oh wait, yeah, we're just getting straight into it.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I was just getting ahead of myself there. Good morning, Matth.
Speaker 1: We have officially recovered from the TikTok Awards last week. I've gotten over being absolutely robbed. How many more weeks are I going to talk about that forever? I don't actually care, honestly, but I do.
Speaker 2: Also, ps, we've got a Baker's Delight mentioned everybody say the TikTok Baker's Delight. They reacted to our episode talking about Baker's Delight.
Speaker 1: And how much can we play it out loud for every much? Okay, let me just get it because I saw your message with that before. Also, Baker's Delight. Send us something.
Speaker 2: Actually, we've got this.
Speaker 4: What was this stookiees?
Speaker 3: We've got it come from a Big Fat Tart.
Speaker 1: We will try them in our next Close Friends episode.
Speaker 3: So if you didn't hear.
Speaker 1: Matt's royal flush a few weeks back, was a stookie which was a putting and cookie, and we fucking got them. The lady from Big Fat Tart has sent them to us.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: Anyway, let me play this Baker's to light TikTok for everyone. One of the girls has sent me a message and told me that she heard us mentioned on the Highest Scholars podcast last night.
Speaker 3: So exciting. Nothing like that has ever happened to us. Reaction and have a listen to what they said about that.
Speaker 4: I love that they're live reacting.
Speaker 3: They just listened to the episode, so then they play the episode.
Speaker 2: She says a bit more at the end, but I love that she's live reacting to our podcast and we're live reacting to her life.
Speaker 3: Chaine, It's going to keep going. How she's going to react to this?
Speaker 1: Hello, Bakers the like girl I know her name, okay, but this is the girl behind.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know you know what.
Speaker 2: Look.
Speaker 3: I don't like to look at some and guess how old they are.
Speaker 1: But I was expecting like an eighteen year old to be running the Baker's Delight TikTok, just because of how gen z it is.
Speaker 3: But she looks more like in her twenties. There your bloody go. Anyway, shout out to Baker's Delight today.
Speaker 2: You see that when it was revealed, you know pop crave. No oh, it's like a Twitter account pop Crave. Everyone thought it was like a gay man, and then it came out one day that it was a It was a woman. It was a female, and everyone was like, it's not a gay man. That's so crazy. Like the tweets are so sassy sometimes. That's what it felt like when I saw the face revealed on Baker's Delight. Anyway, what were you going to say?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Sorry, I totally went off track there.
Speaker 2: You were going to talk about something.
Speaker 1: Well, we've done with the TikTok Awards. I've had my work Christmas party as well. I'm all partied out.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Oh I'm calling it quits on this year.
Speaker 3: Del I'm all partied out.
Speaker 1: We've had our Christy party. Fucking done for the year. Do you have any chrissy party? Do you miss having a Christmas pat so influencers, I mean, you get to go to so many events all year round anyway, but I feel like looking back at when I was an influencer full time, like I kind of missed that social interaction in that kind of way because I feel like we're Christmas parties. I mean, they can be really shit if you've got like a shit workplace, but I feel like they could be really exciting and fun.
Speaker 2: No, I don't miss Christmas parties, but I feel like I unfortunately go to like twenty Christmas parties. That's actually probably a downside, you do, yes or for.
Speaker 3: Like all the brands. Yeah yeah, see so like influencers still.
Speaker 2: Get and my management company has a present party it yet will they actually combined it this year. I think the TikTok Awards after party was also their Christmas party at the same time.
Speaker 4: I think they were just.
Speaker 3: Gonna killed two birds. Yeah, perfect love it. Now we had our Christmas party.
Speaker 1: Actually, okay, I'll tell you one thing that we had at our Christmas party on just the other weekend that was the hit of the night. So our workplace has gotten really big. So over the years, our Christmas party has become like more and more tame kind of thing. Like we used to go on the boat parties. Maybe you came on those mad, but that was when we had like fucking seven employees.
Speaker 3: So we just take everyone to Sydney blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: But now there's so many of us, like we're just keeping it in Newcastle. Last year we went and did a wine tour at the Huna Valley and then even that was like very big and interactive kind of thing. So this year, because there's so many of us, we just said, we're just booking this venue like a little restaurant.
Speaker 3: Bar kind of thing. We just booked the whole thing and it's just.
Speaker 1: Like cannapis and cocktails and like it's just a stand around mingling event kind of thing. And because we were just being at the one venue and there wasn't that much stuff interactively happening, I thought we need something there. So we had like our media wall with like a photo booth thing that's always a good time.
Speaker 3: Everyone loves that.
Speaker 1: And then we had a there's this local business called Ink and Snow and it's a girl that runs it named a and she comes.
Speaker 3: You would have seen her at our Fate event as well, Matt.
Speaker 1: She comes and like takes your photo and then does like a watercolor artwork of.
Speaker 3: You and your outfit.
Speaker 1: So she was there, which was interactive and fun. But then when we were organizing this literally at the start of this year, I'm like, we need one other thing, like the photo booth, the artist, we need one other thing. And originally we floated the idea of having a drag queen.
Speaker 3: There were like, yeah, maybe a drag queen just gone around fun performing and then I thought, na, you know what, let's go something completely different. Let's get a fucking magician.
Speaker 1: And the girl I didn't know, but I presented that idea to the two girls at work that organized the Christmas party, and they were like, okay, but I didn't know that they thought what the fuck like when they didn't tell me until the night of the Christmas party.
Speaker 3: Anyway, So we booked this magician named Matt.
Speaker 1: He came and he was the highlight of the Christmas party because he just came with his bag of fucking tricks and because there was like forty something of us there, like the forty people at the venue, he went around, why are you pissing yourself, Hannah.
Speaker 2: With like pigeons.
Speaker 3: It wasn't pigeons, Okay, So he came.
Speaker 1: He came, and he was just like going around because everyone was standing and sitting around in little groups. So he just go around and do these tricks and he literally had people screaming because the tricks were so fucking good. And then the two girls from fate that organized a Christmas party come up to me at one point like and they're like, oh my god, we just wanted to say, Britt, we really doubted this magician idea.
Speaker 3: When you told us, we were like, oh, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm like, you should have told me that you thought it was not the best idea. But they're like, now we take it back. It's been the best fucking idea ever.
Speaker 3: He just did like.
Speaker 1: Card tricks, tricks with little foam things that you know. I don't know if you ever seen a magician and you like put one foam little bunny in your hand and you close it and he does like some magic treat.
Speaker 3: You open it and like ten bunnies pop out.
Speaker 2: Then here getting over. Yah, I've never seen you talk so passionately about anything in your life.
Speaker 1: Look, I can highly recommend, if you've got a wedding, engagement party, whatever, get a fucking magician.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Literally, he did like tricks with people's rings, like really interactive stuff, and honestly, it was so good.
Speaker 2: Do you have his like business for if you're in newcomer?
Speaker 3: Matt Swift?
Speaker 2: Matt Swift, and he was very swift. Let me tell you.
Speaker 1: He was bent like Claire was holding a spoon and it was bending in her hand like just all that sort of shit.
Speaker 4: I love, how excited you're getting.
Speaker 1: It was really good, Like I know it sounds cheesy, but it was really bloody good nice.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you.
Speaker 1: Also, when I used to work at a hotel back in the day, Like I worked in a hotel, but in the restaurant in the hotel, we had a Christmas party. I would have been nineteen or even eighteen at the time that I worked there. They had a really fun theme and I'll never forget it. And I just loved it. And this is over ten holy over ten years ago. Op Shop formal wear theme, really good party theme. If you just want to have a fucking dumb costume.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: So you had to go to the op Shop and find a really daggy formal dress and I loved it.
Speaker 3: I loved it.
Speaker 4: I do love that idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would recommend that theme. You having a party or anything, get a magician.
Speaker 4: Basically, get a magician shot formal.
Speaker 2: We shop formal wear and you're fucking sordered for a Christmas party.
Speaker 3: Or a wedding.
Speaker 1: Fuck it. Speaking of weddings, did you see Tammy Hembrow's wedding.
Speaker 2: I didn't see too much of it, but anything interesting happened.
Speaker 1: I just loved that she wore a pink dress dress and she's did you see those photos that had just come out?
Speaker 2: Oh? Actually I saw the setup and the guests sitting on either side of the pool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's fucking sleigh.
Speaker 2: Oh it was stunning. I thought the layout was where.
Speaker 3: Was that in Australia? Nearby?
Speaker 1: It looked like it was in like the Mediterranean or something. I just love the pink dress.
Speaker 3: I love it. She looked great. Fucking go Glen Coco on that as well.
Speaker 1: Like I saw some other comments online of people saying they thought it was weird that the guests were like quite far down because some person in a helicopter took a photo right or with a drone and it looked like the guests couldn't see Matt and Tammy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but apparently they If people haven't seen the photo, we better explain it. They're like up on like kind of like a balcony with then stairs going down to the pool to the pool, and then all the guests are sitting on either side of the pool, but sideways, like.
Speaker 3: They're facing the pool for each other, each other across the pool.
Speaker 2: But then yeah, they are to the right or the left. I guess if you're on the outside anyway. Basically you're not facing forward to the bride and groom. You'll have to turn sideways to look at the bride and groom, and also up a few flights of stairs.
Speaker 3: It looked like, yeah, I reckon, it would have been fine.
Speaker 2: I was looking in the flower beds for the speakers because I thought they're so far away you wouldn't be able to hear on this.
Speaker 3: Maybe we did have speakers.
Speaker 1: I think people need to have microphones and speakers at their weddings because if you have the back, you can'tish sheep.
Speaker 2: But also I'm so like, what's what's the word? What's the term I'm looking for? I'm so conscious that I don't want to rely on too much technology on my wedding day, true, because you don't want it to go stuffy, crackly or the you know when you bring the you bring the microphone, two guys as a speaker, and it's like yeah, and everyone goes, oh oh, blocks there is cause big fuss done on that on my wedding day. Please be upstanding for the Royal flush.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get into our Royal Flush of the week, which is the best thing we have seen on the internet.
Speaker 3: And do you want to start mad or do you want me to.
Speaker 4: I'll let you go first.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll go first.
Speaker 1: Well, I've actually got an anti royal flush, which haven't done in a while.
Speaker 2: And it's about time you have broke the rules again.
Speaker 3: Okay, So as you all know.
Speaker 1: Oh, and I've got an update on my next door neighbor by the way.
Speaker 3: Oh, we'll keep it for close friends.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, everyone's been asking we need an update, and you're not gonna believe what the update is on my nasty, horrible neighbor.
Speaker 3: I reckon, you can say this. You reckon say it. Hannah's just saying to me right now, I should say it in here.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll say to quickly catch you up if you haven't listened to all of our previous episodes, mainly in our close Friends.
Speaker 3: As you all know, AJ and I have been renovating.
Speaker 1: Our house for the last two years, but the major rhnaots have happened in the last six months, and during that time a feud has started between AJ and one of our next door neighbors. One neighbor's super nice, the other one we've never even had anything to do with until we started making.
Speaker 3: Noise in our reno's. There's been beef.
Speaker 1: They've been saying to AJ, what the fuck, what's with all the noise? You think you're above the law. They were going to go to the council and try to get us to stop doing construction, even though it's council approved. Anyway, all this shit has fucking gone down. I've never even said hello to this neighbor because they're just death staring me over the fence every day. So anyway, it's been not very nice. And it got to the point where AJ told him to get fucked anyway, You're not gonna believe it. So our renovations are done. Now there's a couple of little bits and bobs that need to come back and do it. It's minor. The other day, AJ was mowing our lawn out the front and the neighbor came walking over.
Speaker 3: And as.
Speaker 1: The neighbor came over and apologized to AJ, he said, I wanted to say I'm so sorry that I don't know what his exact words were because I wasn't there, but he said something along the lines of like, I'm so sorry for being such an asshole over the last however many months it's been and I think he shook his hand and wanted to say, like, I'm so sorry, and AJ was like he was too too stunned to speak, and he said, no.
Speaker 3: Worries, mate, like if you ever need anything, let me know, and they like made amends.
Speaker 1: What And I'm like, did they hear that? They They're not the kind of demographic you know for the pod. So I'm like, did someone they know hear the pod?
Speaker 3: Who knows?
Speaker 2: I don't know what? Very straight, Yeah, but I think that's nice.
Speaker 1: I think it's it takes a lot to apologize, Like no one likes to say that they've been in the wrong.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, good on him.
Speaker 1: A J came inside and told me I'm like fucking good on him, and then I invited him over.
Speaker 4: Barbecues.
Speaker 1: Now no barbecues and wines on the back deck. I'm still looking for a new neighbor that can do that with me. But that's the update on the neighbor.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 1: Getting onto my anti royal flush because this kind of leads into the house thing. So over the last few months, I've been buying little bits and bobs for the house just to get it all cute. See, you know, because we've put so much effort into making this house look beautiful, so I'd just been buying little things to make the house nice. Now, one of my favorite rooms in the house is our bathroom because it's got this beautiful stone bench, and I want the vibe of the bathroom to be like a hotel bathroom, like almost like a bathroom that it looks like no one uses it, right, So then I'm thinking, all right, I don't want my toothbrush to be on display, because you know how toothbrushes are fucking ugly, Like you know, you've got this stunning bathroom, then you've got your fucking Colgate, your bright purple toothbrush right there on the bench. So I thought in my mind, because we've got like shaving cabinets, so every day I'm just gonna put my toothbrush and toothpaste back in the shape shaving cabinet. And then I'm like, wait a second, because there's nice toothbrushes out there now, like that a sleek or like all one color. So I went searching on the internet because I'd seen a few ads popping up like that Gem brand, Like have you seen that gem toothpaste and toothbrush? Anyway, there's a bunch a bunch of brands that I've seen that just make like soft pink toothbrush or purple or neutral or whatever. So I went searching on the internet for aesthetic toothbrushes, okay, and then I found this one, and I was like, yep, this is it. This toothbrush is so nice that I'm going to want to display it on my vanity.
Speaker 3: It was tortoise shell, like you know, tortoises shell Sonny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like a really nice tortoise shell toothbrush. So I'm like, perfect, Like I love a tortoiseshell Sonny tortoise shell toothbrush. It looks a million bucks. So I bought this. I've never heard of this brand before. I'm pretty sure it came from a stockist in Australia, but it's like non an Australian brand. I think it cost me like forty dollars, which is pretty steep for a toothbrush. But in saying that, like electric toothbrush is a bloody like two hundred dollars, so it.
Speaker 3: Wasn't that much.
Speaker 1: Okay, And I've got the toothbrush here with me, mat oh, okay, I've got I'm giving you a show and tell.
Speaker 2: If you brought it with you to show me, because hang on, this is an anti royal flush, so what's wrong with it?
Speaker 4: Have I got to figure it out?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, right, let me just dig it out of my bag.
Speaker 2: I'm like expecting you to pull out one that's like really small.
Speaker 3: Close your eyes. I just want to hode.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm going to close my eyes. My eyes are closed.
Speaker 3: Okay, I just got to clean it off.
Speaker 2: Okay, clean it off. If you used.
Speaker 3: Okay, you can open your eyes again.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So I'm going to show you from a distance like it's really fucking cool and cute.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, okay, so this is cute, right, you could see this on my on my Yeah, this thing is harder than a horse's brush.
Speaker 2: This thing, no no, no, no no. I pulled this out of the thing.
Speaker 3: And this is stiffer than a fucking horses brush. I wouldn't even brush a horse with this.
Speaker 2: Show.
Speaker 3: I've touched this on my tooth.
Speaker 1: And if anyone owns this, okay, the brand is Akka Kappa, handmade in Italy.
Speaker 3: I went on there web. I went back on the website.
Speaker 4: I bought it.
Speaker 3: From it says medium firmness.
Speaker 1: I'm like, okay, I'm flying with a medium toothbrush, Maddie, right, yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm just looking just looking up the no.
Speaker 3: No, no no.
Speaker 1: And I went back to go have I bought accidentally like a hair brush. No, it's a fucking toothbrush mat and this thing, let me do it. If you brushed your teeth with this, you would have no gums left. Oh my god, I'm going to throw it over to you.
Speaker 3: Feel it.
Speaker 4: That's not real, that's.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 2: That's actually it's like a hair brush.
Speaker 3: That's harder than a hairbrush than that like put on your tooth. Please. I haven't used it, clearly, Oh my.
Speaker 4: God, Oh my god. That's literally gonna rip my teeth off.
Speaker 1: And so I'm like what I wanted to email the like, and I feel bad because it's not like the brand is the.
Speaker 3: What is it? Akka Kappa aka Kappa.
Speaker 1: So the website I bought it off is just like a stockist of this. But I was gonna email them and say, genuinely, I want to know how I'm supposed to brush my teeth. And I tried wetting it, thinking, oh I might get softer. Nuh, this thing is harder than your hair brush. So I'm just stuck with this fucking too.
Speaker 4: You're just gonna put it on display anyway.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I guess so like it looks nice, but I I just I make products for a living myself, right, and I would never approve this. This has had to go through a lot of approval processes and someone has decided, Yep, this is fine for use.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at the reviews. It's all five stars.
Speaker 1: I don't get it, Like this looks like a luxury brand. Hannah fucking feel this. It is like I can't even explain. It's like something you would scrub your tire with.
Speaker 5: It's like to get grout out of a tile like that would it's a grout brush.
Speaker 1: No one is brushing their teeth with that. It feels like steel, yeah, like steel wall. And I went back to check the website because I didn't read the description when I bought it, so I thought, or maybe I've purchased one that's like extra firm, but I've even purchased the hard like Colgate toothbrushes before, and this comes nowhere near close. This is like a steel wool. So that is my anti fucking Royal Flush and no shame to the business that I bought it from. Think the website was like say Son or something, never heard of it.
Speaker 3: No shame to them.
Speaker 1: I love that you're stocking this beautiful brand. The toothbrush itself is fucking lovely, but I just have beef with whoever decided that this is fine for people to use in their mouth on their gums.
Speaker 3: We have to protect our gums.
Speaker 2: And by the way, I'm sitting here in bewilderment at how passionate you are about it, and.
Speaker 1: I just want to say, as well, life hack to all of you out there. Did you know that the only firmness toothbrush you should ever buy is soft? You should never buy a medium or firm, even though it feels really good to get in there soft. We got to look after our teeth and look after our gums.
Speaker 2: Right Jesus Christ? And feel an attacked over here. I am Saunders.
Speaker 1: So that's my anti Royal Flush and I don't know what I'm supposed to do, and I feel like I can't return it because I've.
Speaker 3: Touched it on my teeth. That's touched your teeth.
Speaker 1: Now, does anyone in the scrollers want this.
Speaker 2: Please let me know someone genuinely will want that.
Speaker 1: I might keep it to brush down my fucking baby hairs or scrub the grout in my tiles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my god.
Speaker 3: So anyway, what's your royal flush?
Speaker 1: Mat?
Speaker 4: My royal flush is so random?
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: Actually, we spoke about Jojo c while the other day and how incredible she was at the TikTok Awards. Had a very good time seeing her. I was front row for the Karma Dants, et cetera, et cetera, as you all know. And and she's released a new song and I bloody love it.
Speaker 3: Oh, I haven't heard it yet.
Speaker 2: It's called Iced Coffee and it's very much a rip off of Sabrina Carboner's espresso.
Speaker 3: Do you reckon? Sabrini can go after her for that.
Speaker 2: No, it's not like it doesn't rip off the sound, but it's the same premise. It's like, I think Sabrina's thing is I'm the espresso that keeps you up. And I'm pretty sure I haven't listened to it this morning, but I've been listening to it all like all day yesterday. I love it, but I think JoJo's is the opposite. She saying that you are my iced coffee instead of I am your ice.
Speaker 3: People can come out with a song called iced Coffee.
Speaker 4: Anyway, it's such a bop. Go and listen to it if you haven't. It's really fun.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm going to listen to it on the way home today on repeat. I know how many ice coffees it'll take me to get home.
Speaker 4: How many ice coffee?
Speaker 3: He said? It takes you so many Abba songs.
Speaker 2: To dance queens for dancing queens get to get here?
Speaker 3: Do you want to know who I actually love?
Speaker 1: And I was in a cafe this morning and I heard them playing on the on the radio Maroon five?
Speaker 4: What was playing?
Speaker 3: And I wonder where we are? We're now?
Speaker 2: We're on money. I can't get around the new Maroon five. But what's that one that's from like two thousand and five?
Speaker 3: She will be loved?
Speaker 2: Maybe she know. I think it's that.
Speaker 1: Way I love. I'm going to listen to Maroon five on the way home as well.
Speaker 2: Okay, so a good mixed Maroon five and Jojo Sea.
Speaker 3: Ride back to do people still love them?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I just saw James Blunt was here not long ago. All the moms on me Facebook went to James Blunt the other night in Sydney.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 4: I didn't realize he was still kicking.
Speaker 3: If Maroon five toured, I would definitely.
Speaker 2: Go really yeah, well I won't be coming with you. Can't think of anything worse?
Speaker 3: Okay, who wants to come with me?
Speaker 4: I just don't like their new stuff. I like their old stuff.
Speaker 3: I love any of it.
Speaker 2: I think who's other one as well? Who sings they paved paradise and put up a parking? Yeah, they're to snow Patrol? Is that?
Speaker 4: Who that is? Off?
Speaker 1: It's not yellow?
Speaker 4: I'll be yellow taxi.
Speaker 3: But who is sings it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Who sings that? Not snow Patrol? Maybe it's a different song?
Speaker 4: No train? Is it train? What song does?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: It's counting? Cross? Am I on? What the fuck? Am I on?
Speaker 2: Can you hook up?
Speaker 4: Please? Go Google?
Speaker 2: Girl?
Speaker 4: Can you look up train? No train?
Speaker 3: The band?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: The band train? And what's their song? Maybe I'm getting to meet out with one of their songster That's what.
Speaker 4: I was thinking of, not paper.
Speaker 3: I'm a.
Speaker 1: Big yellow taxi on the way home to Yeah, don't room five?
Speaker 2: A big yellow hay soul sister, Hey soul sister.
Speaker 4: I want and.
Speaker 3: Drops of Jupiter. That's a great nice They don't make music like that anymore. Bring it back, Bring back, Tom Jones.
Speaker 4: Moving on.
Speaker 1: MAT's rid of the Week, Well, moving home to Matt's Rand of the Week, apparently we've got a jingle that's already been out.
Speaker 3: For a bit episode and we haven't heard it. To play it for us, please, it's giving Jungle.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna be honest. I fucking hate that.
Speaker 3: I think that's hilarious hate.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry scrollers actually fucking hate that. What a sensory fucking overload.
Speaker 3: I love it. I love it.
Speaker 2: I know a lot about a lot of our community is going to fucking hate that. And every time that plays, they're gonna have a sensory over especially if they're in the car.
Speaker 4: Is that tires screeching? They're in there and crashing and scrab.
Speaker 3: Who makes it? And how do they make that?
Speaker 4: I'm so sorry to whoever on the teammate that both of you.
Speaker 3: Didn't hear it last.
Speaker 4: I don't listen to the episode.
Speaker 2: Do it.
Speaker 3: We can redo it.
Speaker 4: I think we need better than that.
Speaker 5: Reason that I put in is I said I want rage and ranting rage, did a I make that?
Speaker 3: Or has someone a producer on our teammate? And I said, send that to print. That's perfect. Can I make a request? Can I make a jingle one time for fan dreams Dream? Yeah, studio, I can redo it.
Speaker 4: I think we might need to workshop that one. Honestly, I'm a little bit I.
Speaker 1: Thought I was envisioning kind of like an old school YouTube intro, Like remember when we would have an intro Rand of the week, Rand of the week, It's time for Matts Rand of the week, and then it goes into your rand.
Speaker 2: I think with the rage, I was expecting me to drums bit of guitar in their electric guitar. Wow and wow a week you know like that? But the fuck was the car crash happening?
Speaker 3: What's going on? Let's keep it all right? No, well, anyway, I'm requesting.
Speaker 4: I genuinely hate it is.
Speaker 3: Your rand of the week?
Speaker 2: That yeah, that's one part. That's one part. But I have a second Round of the week, and I love that this is now just so quickly become a permanent fixture. But this week's round of the week is Uber Eats.
Speaker 4: Uber Eats.
Speaker 2: Pull your fucking heading for starters. That's what I've got to say, because tell me why. Here's the thing. I have gotten to the point with my Uber eats that I now have to give a pin. Do you have to give the pin?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And it's the last four diges of my phone number every time.
Speaker 2: Every time, well, because I think we have said, however many times that the food hasn't arrived, so now they make sure with the pin.
Speaker 3: It's actually that it gets to.
Speaker 2: The right person. Okay, which is lovely. The problem that I have with uber eats is when I get a refund for something, do you find that they don't give you the correct money back?
Speaker 3: I've never checked.
Speaker 4: Okay, here we go Matt's Round of the week.
Speaker 2: Uber Eats. Where the fuck is my money?
Speaker 4: Pay up?
Speaker 3: Motherfuckers's you a percentage of the items?
Speaker 2: I'll tell you this, mute, right, let's go. Okay, say they forget a chips. It's seven dollars fifty for the chips. I'll go, hello, my chips is missing. It's seven dollars fifty. I've paid seven dollars fifty for it. I go, hello, my chips is missing. They go, great, here's your refund of four dollars fifty you have you said?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 2: What have you like? Yes?
Speaker 3: And what they say?
Speaker 2: Nothing? But I don't come back to You know how hard it is to contact a human being at uber or uber eats. No, you can't, like you literally can't even when like it goes via email to someone comes back and goes whatever. Anyway, Literally, I made an order not long ago and I was owed like twenty five dollars and then they sent me seventeen dollars back and I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, Dolly, what are they saying? It's a handling fee?
Speaker 2: I don't know, and I'd like them to answer that question for me. Second of all, I've now been getting a new notification this order is not eligible for a refund. Sorry.
Speaker 3: How many times your orders getting stuffed done?
Speaker 2: Well the way, I'm not even kidding, like genuinely almost every time. I need to stop. And I went through that big period of never ordering. I need to get back on that train and keeping it as a treat again, because you know, with moving house and things, all those things happening, I've been getting a bit lazy and you just need to do get takeaway food when you're moving house and doing all those sorts of transitional things. So Sky and I have been ordering it a lot. Now they're saying the order isn't eligible for a refund. So we're like, hello, so we ordered from this past to place that we'd never ordered from before. Sky's gluten free. Well they've sent the wrong everything. He can't eat his dinner. I'm like, oh, I'll got a refund on it. Eligible, not eligible for a refund?
Speaker 1: What it?
Speaker 2: Breads? Pull your fucking had in mate. First of all, when I am eligible for a refund, you don't give me the full amount. Second of all, now are you telling me my orders not eligible for a refund? Which I'd like the legalities on all of that. How are you saying my order isn't eligible for a refund? What's the A triple C? Got to do a triple C? What are they going to say about that?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, if we.
Speaker 1: Got a button that's accidentally fallen off one of our fate dresses and we don't refund the customer, they're that threaten us to go to the a triple C. So come on, Uber eats, right, I'm refunding people over a button that's fucking fallen off. Right, If you're not getting something, you're definitely entitled for a refund, right, so.
Speaker 2: How are they getting away with saying it's not eligible for a refund Anyway, it was a big who haa back and forth, back and forth, email, email, email, and we ended up getting our money back for it. But I was like, I just I know there are people who are routing the system out there, but I think, first of all, like it's always there's always a drink missing, or they've forgotten the garlic bread, or they've forgotten the chips, or they've forgotten something. It's not the driver fault. It's not Uber's fault, it's a restaurant's fault. But then I can't actually give the feedback straight to the restaurant or even on the app.
Speaker 4: It's like rate your delivery driver.
Speaker 2: Well, he's just been given the bag which is sealed and taped over from the restaurant, so he's done his job good because he actually brought me the order.
Speaker 4: It's the correct order. It's just missing something.
Speaker 3: You'll know the fucked thing.
Speaker 1: I don't know if we've spoken about this on the pot already, but we have a cafe in Newcastle and we signed up to Uber Eats like ages Ago and We got rid of it because it was so fucked. It was so bad to be like a a business on uber eats. Huh, not only for the price, because uber eats takes thirty percent.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you inflate everything.
Speaker 1: That's why everything is so expensive on uber eats because uber eat takes thirty fucking percent. Like that's all your profits. And when you're a cafe, things aren't that expensive. I mean they are, but you know, like you're not making that much profit, like on a fucking cup of coffee to begin.
Speaker 2: That's it's nineteen dollars for an egg on a piece.
Speaker 1: Of toast, Yeah, because uber eats takes thirty So you've got to put the price up by thirty because otherwise you make minimal, like nothing if you just keep the prices the same. But the fucked thing was like we would get an order come in, so then it tells you how far the driver is, so we'd like prepare the coffees, prepare the toasties and like they're hot things, and then the driver wouldn't come for whatever reason. You know how drivers cancel them and it's like finding another driver. So then we would have these coffees in food sitting there just going cold. So then we'd have to waste it and make it again when the next driver was coming, Like, we went through so much waste. And then the fuck thing as well is the drivers then rate the restaurant as well, and like if they couldn't find a park, they'd get pissed off and rate us one star. So then our star rating went so low. I told them to absolutely get fucked and we canceled our membership with them. I mean, call me ever since saying you're gonna sign up again, I just say, no, you'se a fucked You take three thirty percent, and the drivers just always cancel. We're left with cold coffees and cold toasty's, Like so much money going down the drain.
Speaker 3: It's not bloody worth it.
Speaker 1: It's obviously worth it for some businesses, but a little coffee shop.
Speaker 3: Not fucking worth it.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 3: Would not recommend to any I.
Speaker 2: Love learning all about that stuff, love hearing all the behind the scenes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wouldn't recommend. Maybe the big chains and the macs and everything.
Speaker 1: It's a lot easier because like fast food, but when you're like making coffees and toasties not worth it.
Speaker 3: We lost money being on uber eats. So that's my rant to add to yours.
Speaker 2: Good So am I justified in my rant? Yes?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and you should get all your money back, especially if you're not getting something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just so random. I'm like, maybe I need to skip over to a different delivery app because I kind of just stick with you. Oh. Sometimes I do the menu log, sometimes I do the door dash.
Speaker 1: I've only ever tried to Uber eats, I think really.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, delivery shut down? I think so. Milk rum didn't last long either. Did they shut down as well?
Speaker 3: I keep getting there out they're back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're back. They're being saved.
Speaker 1: They like uber eats, but for groceries I think so.
Speaker 2: Nice. Slay Slay sleigh. Anyway, another episode done and dusted.
Speaker 1: Well that's another episode done and dusted. Maddie boy, you all know what to do by this Fontually we have to tell them to rate and fucking leave a comment, subscribe, do all the things please.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening, strollers. We will see you on Friday for close friends. What we're doing, we tease we're doing stockies.
Speaker 4: Way gorgeous. Well anyway, Dalla better let you go.
Speaker 2: Where's that toothbrush. I've got a horse that needs groomy