Speaker 1: We got get you every morning, every day, every lady, gentlemen, Adelaides Journey, good day friends, Thank you so much for choosing this podcast.
Speaker 2: We feel like you're heading in a good direction.
Speaker 1: We spoke quite openly yesterday about my journey with anxiety and my unhealthy relationship with anxiety. Joe, you did something quite phenomenal recently, and that is to speak about your journey with mental health, et cetera, and where you were and where you've got to right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think the only reason I spoke about it is because I just want to give people hope if they are in the depths of despair at the moment, that you can get out of it and you can fight your way back, because life is glorious, so it's worth fighting for one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: And as we know, there are services available such as Lifeline.
Speaker 1: On thirteen eleven fourteen, But this was a really really special part of the show this morning. We had an open chat about anxiety defects, what it actually is, and I told you my relationship with anxiety, which is actually pretty unhealthy. So I think from that conversation yesterday, overwhelming thing that I got from that is it's just good to talk. Yeah, it's really good to talk. And we took some really really nice calls. You said, let me sit on it for a day. Yeah, and I'll share my relationship with anxiety. So that's what you're going to do with right now. Yeah, how are you feeling about this? A little bit nervous?
Speaker 3: To be honest, I did sit on this for a little while overnight because I've never spoken about this publicly really, but I think it's important to do so because the one thing I've learned about this position is that it's important to use your voice to try and help other people. And so with what I'm about to say, if that helps one person, two people, great. So if you take it back to the start with anxiety, for me, I've always been a worrier, and then I was always worried if I wasn't worried about something.
Speaker 4: So it's like this perpetual cycle in my mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's an unhealthy pace.
Speaker 4: Is great? Is it?
Speaker 3: And then that I think throughout adulthood and a divorce, that sort of worry morphed into an anxiety disorder, and then that developed into some panic attacks. And I know you've had this feeling as well, but when I started working in television, I was so afraid of making a fool of myself that I would work myself into such a frenzy that I'd have panic attacks live on air.
Speaker 4: So that's when I first started to speak.
Speaker 3: To professionals and counselors and just try to get to the root of it, like what's at the bottom of all this? And it's a pretty ordinary feeling when you're standing there live on TV and your heart's racing and you can't speak, and it's like I got really good at masking it though, So that was.
Speaker 1: The upside, which is incredible, because you can't talk. No, your breath gets out of whack. Yeah, can I take breaths in? You can't take it.
Speaker 4: It's it's horrible.
Speaker 3: So after years and years of that anxiety, it really later developed, due to a series of circumstances, into a deep depression and I'm talking like a debilitating and can barely get out of bed depression. And just to context it a little bit, at that time, I was working in an environment that was full of sharks, and the sharks were just circling and none of them wanted to see me do well, all of them wanted to see me drown. And sometimes those sharks would turn on each other, and then other days those sharks would turn on me. And so that basically got to a point where I went and saw someone again and they prescribed antidepressants, which there is a place for antidepressants, there's no question about that. They can help people, but they weren't for me, Like I felt like they turned me into a crazy person, and to the point where my husband said, Okay, I want my wife back, like where are you. I just sort of made me dead behind the eyes, he would describe it. And so this created the perfect storm. And ironically, I knew you I was aspiring, Like I knew things were getting really, really bad, and so I'd gotten to the point where I was like, I'm going to check.
Speaker 4: Into a health retreat and that will fix all my problems.
Speaker 3: So the day I went to check into a health retreat was the day there was an event and I seriously hit rock bottom and it was public and it was spectacular, and it was the moment where I had to make a choice whether I wanted to drown or hit the bottom of the poll. And you have a choice, and you can't drown because you've got little people that depend on you, So.
Speaker 4: You've got to kick up, don't you.
Speaker 3: You've got to push off the bottom of the pool and come up for air eventually. And that means and it's boring and it's laborious, but you have to go to the dark places that you don't want to go.
Speaker 4: To and work out why you're feeling the way you're feeling.
Speaker 3: And for me, that meant doing a lot of work, a lot of work on myself, a lot of counseling, a lot of talking, a lot of shitty stuff that you know, you just wish you never had to do, but it's so worth it in the end. And that would be my message to anyone who's been through anything similar, talk about it, to find your counselor find your psychologists, find your psychiatrists. I found a little spiritual hippie friend and named Gregory, and he was wonderful and he just put things into perspective. He's like, you're a tiny, tiny speck in this universe. Stop thinking is so important in the whole scheme of things. You know, yeah, yeah, move your body. Exercise that you and I are both advocates for this, It means everything doesn't it fit not just for your physical health, but your mental health. Fill your own cup self care And I don't mean buy a nice candle, like self care is doing the hard stuff and the meditation and all those sorts.
Speaker 4: Of mindfulness things.
Speaker 3: And the final thing I would say on this is, do not try and mask how you're feeling. Don't try and self sabotage, don't try and cover it up, don't try and dull the emotions.
Speaker 4: You have to feel them to get through it.
Speaker 3: And I don't like talking about this today, but I can talk about it because I'm a different person sitting here in front of you, doing this job that we love and loving my life than I.
Speaker 4: Was back then.
Speaker 3: It feels it almost feels like I'm looking down on myself at that time, like just going, babe, what are you doing?
Speaker 4: Like what what are you doing to yourself?
Speaker 3: So that's I think that's the only reason I can sit here and try and talk about my experience to help other people.
Speaker 1: And you're the perfect example of coming out the other side a better person. Yeah, a wiser person.
Speaker 4: I'm bloody resilient.
Speaker 3: I have to say that, Like I kind of you don't know your own strength sometimes until you go through something really really hard.
Speaker 4: So I'm proud of myself for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you should be.
Speaker 4: I'm proud of the person I've become, proud to sit here with you.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and you should be proud of those things because this is what you're doing right now is a really really good thing. I would feel like there's absolutely people in a situation right now thinking well, it's.
Speaker 2: It's not going to get better from here.
Speaker 4: Well it does, it can, it does.
Speaker 3: I'm so glad you said that because your dark day, as you think there's no tomorrow, there's always a tomorrow. The sun's always going to rise tomorrow, and it does get better. That's the thing. You can feel one way one day, and then three days later you can feel a completely different way. So you just got to write it out and get through it.
Speaker 1: Well done and seriously, because it's not easy to talk about that space and what the process and coming through is really really brave because now you're helping other people.
Speaker 2: So well done.
Speaker 3: Well that's my story, It's part of who I am. You know, I wouldn't change it. I didn't enjoy it, but it's made me a better human. So yeah, But as you said, just keep going, Just keep going. If you feel like it's all too hard and it's all too much, you'll get through.
Speaker 1: It's just simply poured a heart out just before and told us your story. We've been speaking over the last couple of days about anxiety, mental health, and everything in those sorts of areas, and it's a tough space to talk about. Spoke about it yesterday, my relationship with anxiety, and then just then you took us through your journey with mental health, depression, etc. And it was powerful. Joe's really really powerful. How are you feeling right now?
Speaker 3: I feel grateful that I feel safe enough in this room to be able to talk about it. Feel nervous about the reaction, but it is what it is, and you know, it's my story, and only I know how it felt at the time, and the exhaustion and the burnout. But what I can tell you is that there are women across this state who are feeling the same sort of burnout and exhaustion.
Speaker 4: I saw a mean this morning that made me laugh.
Speaker 3: It was like, oh God, if only I had time to do this breakdown properly.
Speaker 4: Think that's how we all feel at some point.
Speaker 3: We can't we can't even do a breakdown properly because we don't have the time for it. So yeah, I definitely don't feel alone in this space, and I would welcome anyone who wants to have a chat about it to give a call on thirteen twenty four ten or send us a text for double O nine or nine nine one nine. We'd love to share the journey with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow as well, we're going to speak to a very very special psychologist. Her name is Nicola van der Tuzzi.
Speaker 4: She is it with confidence and I love that from you.
Speaker 1: She's going to join us as well, just to give us some more of a background mental health anxiety, but also some some methods and way to cope.
Speaker 2: Well when you top how.
Speaker 3: Do you differentiate between what's just a bit of worry and what's actual anxiety and what's full on depression, you know, and also navigating your kids through this as well, which is just with social media at the moment.
Speaker 4: What a bloody mindfield.
Speaker 5: I don't think you can ever go wrong getting help, Jodie. I know you said that yesterday. No, when you know has ever had a bad experience, I think if it's something that you're worried about and if you've been listening over the last couple of days, there's absolutely no shame in reaching out, putting your hand up and saying hey, I might need some help.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 3: Also, the other thing is too and you made a good point, Molly, is find find your person. You might go to a councilor and just get that's not right for me. Just keep going, Just keep tampering with different things until you find the right one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you mentioned as well, we can open up the space. We'd love to hear from you because we're all on different journeys and even at your lost like you mentioned before, some will come up tomorrow and there's an opportunity to bounce back because you're a shining example of how well you can bounce back and how much of a better person and what is a person you can be. If you do want to share your journey, we'd love to hear from you.
Speaker 7: Missus Adelaide's favorite.
Speaker 4: Wait to awake.
Speaker 1: One name, thirty one degrees across Adelade's day. It's been an interesting a couple of days around this time. We've gone down a bit of a different route, saying we've pivet it in a different direction and spoken about anxiety and mental health and all sorts of things in that space. Joey spoke just before about her journey with mental health and coming out the other side, and it's an unbelievable journey that you been on jokes, and what we can say is that a twenty four ten, a lot of calls are coming through just about people sharing their space and what it means to them.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Halla Cove and speak to Mel.
Speaker 4: Good morning Mel, Good morning morning Mel. How are you doing?
Speaker 6: You've made me christ I thank sorry about that.
Speaker 3: I promise it'll be business as usual tomorrow. We'll go back to making people laugh at hopefully, but I don't know.
Speaker 4: This morning. I think it was an important conversation to have. How are you?
Speaker 6: How are I'm good? I want to say thank you for opening up and sharing it, because that is big. I've actually spoken to you guys before regarding my husband who gave up alcohol, and so for me, I've always had anxiety depression since I was a kid. And last year I had a time where my work situation wasn't great and I spiraled down. And it was this time last year, and you can't stop the thoughts and you just race and the physical symptoms of your tummy always and a not and that sort of stuff. And it's not until I I kind of realized one day I'll wake up and I went, I don't want to.
Speaker 8: Actually wake up.
Speaker 6: And I'm so thankful that I've got a GP that I can reach out to. She's me my JP for fifteen years. And I got in straight away and they straight on it and got me through to the mental health service and supported me through. I had a great both who supported me through. And yeah, it's hard, and it's really hard to talk about it. It's easy to do it on the radio because I can't see your face, so I can't see your judging me.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, IM no judging here because you've helped us as well. So everyone shares their journey it helps someone else with feel like and you're sharing your story a couple of weeks ago, as you know that that helped me. So I got right back on our goal. So and I'll think I've spoken to you off it and I'll thank you again. But sharing this journey, just like what Joe did before, it helps so many people.
Speaker 2: So that's what it's all about. Just I don't think you can over communicate in this space.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and it really helps having good friends too, like making sure that you're talking to friends and family where you can.
Speaker 8: It's hard, but you've got.
Speaker 5: To do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you, mel old queen of the hot messes over here. You ain't judge it anyone, that's for sure. Thank you so much for giving us a call. We really appreciate it.
Speaker 6: No worries. I can look after yourself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and just on that, thirteen eleven fourteen is the number for Lifeline if anyone is really really struggling.
Speaker 1: We've people in a different direction this morning, yeah, jone. So look, we like having fun. That's the most important thing for us, having fun and starting the day with a laugh. But sometimes you need to cover some topics which you are a little bit more serious. Started yesterday with anxiety, and you took us through your journey with mental health, where you got to the lowest point and how you've managed to get yourself back up to where you are at now, which is absolutely marvelous.
Speaker 3: And it's while saying too, because I don't like it when people talk about their anxiety and depression and they don't acknowledge the impact it's had on the people around them. And this, don't get me wrong, this has had a big impact on my kids and my husband and the way back. I wouldn't have found it without them, So you know, it's my husband has been He's a remarkable human being. So yeah, I just think it's really important to acknowledge those people around you.
Speaker 4: They help get you back.
Speaker 1: The calls that are coming through our extraordinary like texts and calls on thurtey and twenty four ten when we said, you know, if you want to give us a call thirteen and twenty four ten and share your journey, it's been quite remarkable.
Speaker 2: We'll go to Aberfoyle Park. This is ange. Come on to you a good morning.
Speaker 4: Just apologize in advance if I made you cry as well, and so watch that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's all good. Firstly, I just wanted to say thanks Jody. I really resonated with what you said and was like, yeap, one hundred percent. Got to talk about it, got to keep pushing through. You don't know what you're capable of until you reach the end of your capacities, which was certain the case for me after dealing with anxiety on and off for many years. I got pregnant with my beautiful daughter, and in the six months after she was born, developed a quite severe case of postnatal depression and anxiety. Yeah, it was horrible. I just couldn't see the forest for the tree and just and but also my daughter's connection with me really helped me going because I was questioning like everything about myself and my capabilities as a mother, but my daughter was obsessed with me, and so I'm like, hang on. It kept me going in the sense of like, well, I have to be doing something right because she wouldn't be obsessed with me otherwise. So but yeah, so long story short. After some trying, some medications and everything, I was seeing my regular psych I ended up in Helen Mayo House in Glenside for five weeks just getting myself back on track. The nurses and everything there were amazing, yeah, in their support, But I've had some of the most amazing things come out of that journey. I now have the most closest group of friends that I never knew I needed from some of the other women that were there, And I finally believe I'm the strong woman that I always wanted to be. And I've got a new sense of confidence within myself, not only just within my realm of being a mother, but also just within myself and being comfortable with who I am and my personalities and my capabilities to do my work and all of that. So doing the hard work is pretty yuck, like you were saying, but coming out the other side, like, yeah, you wouldn't recognize me from what I was before.
Speaker 2: It's real.
Speaker 3: It's really funny you should say that about your baby and the connection because I had Harper after I went through all of this, and I I just remember having moments where I was holding her hazy and I was like, you know, what's going on here? It was it's so weird, And I was like, you as my baby, you get exactly my emotions and my feelings.
Speaker 4: It isn't that a strange but incredible feeling.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and now I have the most incredible connection with my daughter ever, Like yeah, yeah, I'm a science teacher, so like just thinking about the human development, how I helped create this human being and this yeah, and like what she's going through and that connection that's really important between the two of us, and like just life is scary and terrifying, but there's so much beauty in the complexity of it all. Yeah, very absolute, and that's what I noticed.
Speaker 3: I really appreciate your call. Thank you so much for your honesty as well. I know that's not easy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I said before, Joe's and it's an incredible story and brave as well.
Speaker 2: I like to talk about this.
Speaker 1: I think it's probably the hardest thing you can do, and that is genuinely talk about your emotions.
Speaker 2: Spoke about it yesterday. Girls are so much better than boys.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, we are.
Speaker 2: So I'll tell you what.
Speaker 1: Men and I'll lead this back and talk some absolute crap at times, but when we have to talk about our feelings and emotions, it's a bit harder.
Speaker 3: You kicked off this conversation, so well done too, you. And also thirteen eleven fourteen is the number for Lifeline. If you are feeling like you are on edge a bit and you need to talk to someone, then they are the most excellent resource.
Speaker 2: Fava Hey forty six the top of thirty n ygrees.
Speaker 1: But today, nine o'clock this morning, we played the second storm on Nob's birthday play that I've had a couple of days now, Joe. It's where we love having fun. Yeah, man, that's probably the most important thing. But we're sort of viewed in different directions because things happen, and sometimes things happen, we like, we need to talk about this because the best method to deal with this is to talk about it.
Speaker 2: So I spoke about my relationship with anxiety yesterday.
Speaker 1: You spoke about your relationship with anxiety and mental health today, your journey where you were and where you are right now, and I'll tell you right now, my.
Speaker 2: Friend, it is helping a lot of people.
Speaker 1: And that is purely based on the amount of people who are calling up, sharing their story and saying thank you for sharing yours, because what we've mentioned, you cannot over communicating this space.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, thank you. I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: If you know, when you go through these things, you've got to try and somehow turn it around and shine the light on how you can get through it and how you can help other people.
Speaker 4: So hopefully that's what we're doing this morning.
Speaker 1: It's on thirteen and twenty four ten. Let's go to Hayley Hailey. Good morning to you, and firstly, thank you for sharing your story.
Speaker 8: Good morning, thank you for having me.
Speaker 4: You're welcome. Have you been in this space highlight.
Speaker 8: I definitely have. So I had two of my grandparents die within a month of each other, and then two weeks later my uncle died. Then my roof fell down, a historical abuse case came up, and then I had three people try and rob my house. So it was a lot, and I was very good at being I would call myself a duck, so I'd look all normal up the top, and unneath the water, I'm frantically paddling. So one day I woke up and I realized, I don't think I can do this anymore. So it's taken a lot of work and a lot of out and difficult conversations with the people I love, and you know, a lot of therapy, a lot of meditation, like you mentioned, a lot of mindfulness. And it's also taken me a lot of time to realize that we need to be kind of graceful with ourselves. So we need to appreciate that, Hey, if you made your bed today and that's all that you're capable of, that's amazing, you know. Yeah, Like, I'm so proud of you, and I'm so proud of all the other women and the women who haven't had a chance to share today that goes through these sort of things, and you know, I just I just think we need to show grace with each other and support each other because you never know what someone's going through.
Speaker 3: So sorry you have been through all of that? Was that she must have been, like, when's it going to end?
Speaker 1: Like you have mentioned a few times, sun comes up and there is always an opportunity to bounce back.
Speaker 3: Do you find that sometimes when you catch yourself inside your own head and you've got all these negative thoughts about yourself. Do you ever think, imagine if I spoke to my best mate like that, you know what I mean, Like all these horrible things you say to yourself inside your head. Imagine if I spoke to my friends and my family like that.
Speaker 4: You horrified. I just wouldn't.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't. It's just a weird it's weird.
Speaker 1: And when people say, I think, we think we're built in a society where it's so like, oh, and I don't get around yourself. You don't love yourself, stop being arrogant things like that. But the trickiest relationship is to love yourself a lot of the time. Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm scared of loving yourself, because that makes you arrogant and self centered.
Speaker 3: Well what's the old saying. If you don't love yourself, who's going to love you? Really, if you can't do yourself.
Speaker 4: Oh, let's go to tease.
Speaker 2: It makes sense, doesn't it isn't it? Joe?
Speaker 1: Thank you for sharing your story. Amazing and everyone's called up in thirty and twenty four ten. Thank you for sharing your journeys. Well this is really really nice. It's an over not my line.
Speaker 2: Into your seats.
Speaker 5: Jody Hazy Atle's favorite way to wake up.
Speaker 4: In the morning. Welcome to your Tuesday, Andy Hose. You've got a new hat.
Speaker 1: Yes I do, Yeah, so I do, would say South Australian Cricket Association hat. Go to the second Dugan's balls come the double?
Speaker 2: The boys?
Speaker 4: What is it? First Shield final?
Speaker 3: No, if they win the first victory in nearly thirty years or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's been.
Speaker 1: Six yeah, unbelievable trumps of course one the One Day Cup, so we're right behind the sackers on your boys.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I love that you've done the hat the day before the game. Well done.
Speaker 2: What do you mean jumping on board.
Speaker 3: Saying there's a vand wagons going past and you went, hey, I'll get on.
Speaker 1: Board that I thought, given how quick the vandwagon was going, my ability to go from nothing to jumping on was quite extraordinary.
Speaker 4: It was incredible. Actually, no, that's not there.
Speaker 3: You've done quite a few stories on the cricket this your role was the channel service sports recorder.
Speaker 2: Thanks Jos. Thanks for that aggressive little new term. How are you this morning?
Speaker 1: Tuesday? Now that means songs are song song songs just around the corner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you spoke a bit about anxiety yesterday. Well that makes me anxious.
Speaker 2: Oh sure, okay, thanks to.
Speaker 3: The heart race a little bit. So if you are new to the show, welcome. This is basically we take over hits that are orchestralized and we have to try and guess what they are.
Speaker 4: It sounds easy in theory.
Speaker 2: It's actually not.
Speaker 1: In the moment, no, it's not. But up for grabs is a Wall Cinema family pass. So it's very very competitive because we keep score as well. Novous Pay your Bills is going to happen this morning as well. Please, we really encourage you to register at bill via than over player each and every morning at seven o'clock. We could hook you up and cover it and that would be the lightful way to start your Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're going to talk about a wanker influencer as well a little later.
Speaker 4: Thanks. You hate this guy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I've been watching. I don't know why. It's the morning routine for me.
Speaker 1: And we've spoken about this and we have taken the piss out of people who do routine.
Speaker 2: It's morning routines before takes it to the next level.
Speaker 4: Here's my day on a plate.
Speaker 2: There's my co worker.
Speaker 4: Hey guys, Oh, there's such characters.
Speaker 2: We have such fun at work.
Speaker 1: You know you don't they hate you and they hate you videos as well?
Speaker 2: Oh cheer?
Speaker 1: All right, all right, let's get into her Joe's Yesterday, I spoke about anxiety and the relationship that I had with anxiety and it's not healthy, so let's retouch on that.
Speaker 2: Next it is Jodin Hazy thanks to shell Otia.
Speaker 1: Good Morning.
Speaker 10: The following segment is the mature audiences only and may contain all content, graphic language, and nudity, not that you'll see it if easily offended, well, you're about to find out just how easily your father.
Speaker 2: He's only money.
Speaker 10: Jody and six.
Speaker 1: Joe, I've brought something to the table this morning, and apparently I'm a little bit late.
Speaker 2: Me sometimes a little bit tard in these sort of area.
Speaker 3: It's just a hey, Charlie Dixon retired from Jodiotti situation.
Speaker 2: Remember Dixon retired.
Speaker 4: I announ Charlie Dixon resided about three.
Speaker 3: Weeks after the fact, and I have never ever been able to forget it.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Yeah, Jose's small and she was like, you know, Zach Barter is injured.
Speaker 1: Weeks. So I've just had a recent article and apparently it is a TikTok trend. But when I brought this to the table, producing mos like I've been doing this for years, I.
Speaker 5: Said, I remember talking about this five years ago.
Speaker 2: The young are ahead of It's called vabbing.
Speaker 1: Did you know about this vabbing which involves using I'm just gonna say, vaginal f as a form of perfume to attract potential partners. It maybe because they can't bab.
Speaker 3: The secretions are applied to the area of the neck and the wrist to enhance attraction, really enhance attraction. Though, Well, let me turn this back on you and let me ask you a question. Does it smell nice.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: He doesn't know what to say.
Speaker 1: You don't know, I don't aggressively as aggress like that put to confront situation.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: So that this TikTok video has gone to one point five million views, and despite lacking scientific backing, some suggest that having my boost confidence due to a perceibo of I don't I can't imagine strutting into a bar and just being like, I smell like vagina.
Speaker 2: Come get it, I smell like vagina.
Speaker 1: So I sort of understand the whole pheromone thing because it was what it was just study I saw the other day. It's just about if it's a tiny bit of sweat and it's a bit of smell there, Yeah, that actually can be used to pheromonon I think is it meant?
Speaker 5: Is it if you like your partner's sweat. I think that's a good science. Yeah, it's something to do with that, the pheromones.
Speaker 4: And it depends on the level of sweat though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it might have comes home from the gym and he's drenched and I'm like, you've feelthy animals.
Speaker 1: But I'm just look, I'm just going to put it out there. I don't want to be the Debbie Downer, but I'm not sure about vabbing again. I'm just not sure about that for a trend in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: So if we, for example, just wanted to come up with one of those quirky radio stungs, you didn't want to do my own line of vat what's that smell?
Speaker 2: Gotchab chroads? You know that.
Speaker 1: I love a little conspiracy theory. I think we all like sometimes going down the rabbit hole. There's a new one involving Katy Perry.
Speaker 2: I saw this coming.
Speaker 1: So this is a little social media thing that's come up, and it's basically a photo of Katy Perry when she's got the blonde hair.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And it's a picture of.
Speaker 1: Katy Perry side by side to Jean Benet ransay, who is I think she was six years old when she went missing, and she was like a child beauty queen.
Speaker 4: Well she was child, yes, pageant queen. She yes, very famous al yeah, absolutely yeah.
Speaker 1: So someone has put up a photo and said, basically, wake up people. Clearly John Benet went missing as Katy Perry, and then Katy Perry responded to the random post and just said, wait, am I And then the first comment from someone is great going down the rabbit hole catch yol.
Speaker 2: In a week she thought, oh jeez, that is a nice little rabbit hole.
Speaker 1: That is the John Benet Ramsey rabbit hole, which is now walking into maybe it's Katy Perry.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But everyone's got their little conspiracy theories which really really grip you.
Speaker 3: Well. I think the biggest one on the planet at the moment is after the arrest of p Diddy, right, and so now everyone has got to because the attorney came out and said many powerful people will be exposed and many dirty secrets will be revealed. And so now the Internet has decided that due to Beyonce and her husband's jay Z's power in the music industry, and there will documented friendship with Diddy throughout the years. The conspiracy theory goes that when other artists became a threat to Beyonce, did he want her for them killed.
Speaker 1: They would disappear or they had mysteriously get some sort of illness and not recover.
Speaker 3: Yes, So the conspiracy theorists point to close in the lyrics of rapper j Cole's twenty thirteen hit songs, she knows which references are embasing is a liar and Lisa left Die Lopez who all both died in freak accidents.
Speaker 4: And then I think who was the other? Was it?
Speaker 3: Britney Murphy was also linked to this as well, because she died of some sort.
Speaker 2: Of she got pneumonia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the conspiracy theory is that some sort of drug that causes people to die, but then the autopsy comes up as a pneumonia.
Speaker 4: Dare right?
Speaker 3: So apparently okay, So just so were clear, Beyonce and jay Z are responsible for all these people's.
Speaker 1: Deaths, all my very goodness side inside, Hey, jay Z, but she's sitting to my left.
Speaker 3: But also the other thing to evolve from this, because I am so far down the rabbit whole now, is that every time an artist wins an award, they thank Beyonce because they don't want to get Is.
Speaker 2: That the latest that's why they do it? Going against the grain is fifty cent?
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 1: He has been saying this via podcasts and interviews for years and years. Here's a clip of him talking about jay Z.
Speaker 2: I was saying things, not knowing exactly what I was saying.
Speaker 9: I was going with, Yeah, he's mad quiet, like well, the puffy things going on, but it's obvious now that the team was being made aware that he was in those allegations.
Speaker 1: Also, Curtis Jackson, he don't care, He don't care. You can shoot him, a haunt of times. He won't die.
Speaker 4: No, no, He says that in his lyrics Produce Mine.
Speaker 5: There's also thoughts that the fires recently through Hollywood have something to do with it, burning.
Speaker 4: Evidence business about his extreme Yeah, that's a lot.
Speaker 2: I've got one for you. The Adelaide mold people, why are you laughing? They're real. So eighteen hundreds.
Speaker 1: Apparently there's tunnels underneath the CBD, so this tunnels that have been put there for different ways to move around, but also train tunnels, and apparently if you go down the rabbit hole, there's Adelaide mole people that live underneath, particularly around Heinley Street. I've met a few of these small people you met above ground three am.
Speaker 4: So what are they doing down there?
Speaker 1: Well, just living out their best life. Yeah right, it's not very wholesome down there, I give you the hot tip. So the conspiracy theory is that they're not really sort of human creatures. They're like humanoid sort of creatures, but they're quite disgusting. But there's mole people because they're supposed to be mole people in all sorts of different parts of the States, like living underneath the tunnels and sewers in New York and things like that.
Speaker 2: But we've got our own mole people. Yeah, Adelaide, that's what's.
Speaker 4: That rat call from teenage Ninja? Shurtles? What's his name?
Speaker 2: Splinter?
Speaker 4: Splinter? A little split like little splinter people might be.
Speaker 2: Down there as well. It would be a few mutant turtles as well. Who knows?
Speaker 5: What have you got, Molly, I I reckon mermaids could be real.
Speaker 4: Okay, hear me out?
Speaker 2: Can I just can I just say something? Did you think The Little Mermaid was based on a true story?
Speaker 7: It's a love story of the ages. No.
Speaker 5: I went down this rabbit hole recently about mermaids because there was this sighting in the middle of nowhere in the ocean on one of those big barges, and this guy you've got to see the video, sees this this thing jump out of the water and they're making these like siren sounds, which is apparently what mermaids make.
Speaker 2: How could you thinke that? Wait?
Speaker 3: Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait. You've just alleged that mermaids, who, by the way, are not real, make a siren sound. Are you insane? Are you in charge of this breakfast show like that?
Speaker 1: That's true. It's it's true, Jo, It's true. Jos my four year old daughter told me. It's something Joe. It's really like a lovely dog story, Isn't that nice? And this one comes to us from Kangaroo Island.
Speaker 3: Valerie, a miniature dashhound, went missing on November thirteen, twenty twenty three, during a holiday on Kangaroo Island with her owners, Georgia and Josh. They left Valerie in a pen and a campsite for about thirty minutes.
Speaker 4: She escaped and fled to bushland.
Speaker 1: Believable scenes. And I can't stress this question enough. It was this poor little dashound just battling all the elements in Kangaro Island.
Speaker 3: So the ko community in Kangala Wildlife Rescue continued efforts to locate Valerie and guess what. Guess what they've sighted her fifteen k's from Stokes Bay, where she initially disappeared.
Speaker 1: It's not a good body for endurance, No what a sausage dog. Is it not good for your back? No, to be traveling kilometers and kilometers.
Speaker 3: So apparently she survived by feeding on roadkill and drinking damn water. There, it's not your best diet there, Oh god, there's Yeah, that's not great.
Speaker 1: Is that she's seen some stuff and she really really it's somewhat of a health retreat right now.
Speaker 3: Wait, so twenty twenty three, is that a year and a half? A year and a half this dog miss that's unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Oh man.
Speaker 1: So you love hearing stories like this because obviously, in a situation like this with domestic animals, you fear the worst, don't you?
Speaker 2: And really, does something happen like this? And I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know just how good sausage dogs traditionally are at staying alive in the world, But I wouldn't have backed them in No, as this particular dog to beat the odds.
Speaker 3: Well, not when you're coming up against natural predators like be old kangaroos and koalas that can be a little bit feisty. Let's be honest. I wonder if this little valerie made friends out there.
Speaker 2: That's very true.
Speaker 4: Also, it's a miniature. It's not even a fuligrid dog.
Speaker 1: I suppose that's the perk of it, though, isn't it that if you're a miniature dash hound and say it's even the slightest bit of a procill Yeah, that's enough energy for a week.
Speaker 3: Mate. With three bites of some you know, some dead rabbit on the side of the road, you're away.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: If you've got a story for it as well, we'd love to hear from me. Thirday and twenty four ten or centers a text. So for double O nine one nine nine one nine. Sure there's questions about why she ran away in the first place, but more importantly, she's been reunited with her own.
Speaker 4: With Georgia and Josh. Isn't that lovely? Well done?
Speaker 2: Guys, love a happy ending on over now one night. That's supposed to be fun. It's supposed to be fun. Sure, just have some fun. Yep, you take us through it, Okay?
Speaker 5: So we play three heats or throwbacks. We often spin it here on No, but the trickiest songs are orchestralized. You've got a buzz in with your name? Best of three are playing for two lovely listeners.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's got a Matt from would feel good.
Speaker 3: Morning, Matt, how're you going? You've probably made the smart choice. You've chosen Team Hazy.
Speaker 4: Well done, Thank you, thank you. Oh you're welcome, Matt.
Speaker 2: I think did you get through second? I think you were paired with me? Won't you? And now I am good person?
Speaker 4: That's okay. Renee from Virginia, Good morning, Renee. Morning. So I'm just going to preface this by saying I'll try my best. Okay, thank you.
Speaker 2: That's a weekend. That's I'm not trying to be nice.
Speaker 1: Okay, there's nothing I can say now right now that you won't hate exactly that, right, Okay, here we go, best of three? Yep, first song? Should we do it? Ready to go? Ready, steady, let's go. Jade's no, I can't stick Sea it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the season of the sticks.
Speaker 3: Shock.
Speaker 1: She forgot that frustrated in three seconds. You should know that if you've been listening to the song for more than five seconds, you could just relax and really really go for it.
Speaker 2: Because I'm out.
Speaker 4: Well, just so you know, I'm not relaxed.
Speaker 2: I know I know that. Okay.
Speaker 1: I don't think the history of this competition rarely when I get the first one, I've got second one, right, Okay, that's it? Okay, Ready, here we go, Nie that day feeling. Okay, it's a solid start for me. Wait, I just want'stually that's our.
Speaker 4: So you know, I'm not in the mood the third one, I'm just not in the mood.
Speaker 2: Do you know what?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 2: Do you know what?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 2: Molly? Would you like to play for the third one?
Speaker 4: She knows what they are?
Speaker 2: Do you know what they are? Though?
Speaker 4: I can't remember what the last one is?
Speaker 1: Okay, well, can we can we have a little bit of a bit of a we have some fun here, Matt and Renee. Would you guys like to play each.
Speaker 2: Other for the last one?
Speaker 8: Okay, okay, I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Talk about so look, Matt, you've already won a prize. We now if you can pull this off, we'll find some prize for you. Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: Guys, ready names your buzza good song?
Speaker 5: Thank you, Thank you?
Speaker 4: Hard.
Speaker 2: See it's hard, isn't it.
Speaker 11: It's not on the spot.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I can't even can do it?
Speaker 1: Oh my guys, come on, Jose you go, yeah, Joji Buzzy, No, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I said I wasn't playing.
Speaker 11: Please guys, do it any ideas? Guys, Yeah, I'm says, Oh.
Speaker 1: Good stuff, Matt World, I might go to server a ball in a family past.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, we're gonna We're gonna flick your family pass to the Big Wedgie as well.
Speaker 4: Well done, World One guys.
Speaker 3: There thanks to Wallace Cinema, Mitch and Mount Barker no longer and the Pivadilla your home a big screen, magic and entertainment. That's my worst nightmare and that is not how I wanted the morning.
Speaker 2: To fan out. But that was nice.
Speaker 1: See everyone's a winner technically except for New jokes, but everyone else is a winner.
Speaker 2: What's going on.
Speaker 1: Here serving somewhat of an intervention.
Speaker 4: I try not to listen in meetings.
Speaker 3: I try and zone out as much as humanly possible with something piqued my interests today.
Speaker 1: Also, just like World one jokes, you're so good at that, you're so good at not listening to meetings.
Speaker 2: Well done, You've got it down to an absolute heart.
Speaker 3: I appreciate the kudos. Camera guy, Josh, you did say something yesterday that I went, oh, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoh you very what something about the toilets here at Nover.
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, so I'm sure as you ladies are aware. When it comes to urinals, there's always a decoy urinals like it's functional, you can use it.
Speaker 1: Let me just stop you right there. I'm not sure the lads are aware of the situation. Do you guys have urinals?
Speaker 3: The whole urinal urinal universe is very feign plus girl, yeah, urin what?
Speaker 5: No, mate, is the one big big trough like one long one?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, we're not cattle. Okay, so we're talking.
Speaker 7: About the individual ones, right, So there's always a group of three. The middle one is there and you can use it, but it's just exists to make sure that you're not standing shoulder to shoulder with the other bloke.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: However, here at Nova, we've only got two.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, it's tart, and the general etiquette is if someone is using one, you just go into the stall. However, there's one bloke in the building who insists on using the second urinal even if someone's there. No, and the other day he welcomed me to the Big Rooster convention, stood next to me.
Speaker 2: Are you, first of all?
Speaker 1: Is that is that common etiquette around here, is it you're supposed to go to the tour, just supposed to night next to someone in Europe?
Speaker 2: What's it there? For sure? It's you're literally rubbing shoulders.
Speaker 3: I get that, Yeah, but he explants to split things up so you don't have a stand shoulder to shoulder.
Speaker 1: We've only got two. So am I supposed to go into the toilet? Am I?
Speaker 4: I think youre Geez so intimate. You can obviously go to the toilet and stand up and do a week, aren't you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I felt like it's more offensive if you go to the toilet then go to someone next to the urinal, because it's like you're either ashamed of them or you're ashamed of yourself and you want everyone to be in this together.
Speaker 2: Some of the questions that one thing I said to you and I got there, some of it feels shame. I'll go to the cubicle next time.
Speaker 3: That's very strange from you. Tell everyone what happened when the big boss came to town last week?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, so one of them.
Speaker 1: So one of the big bosses turned up, And it's like every time the big bosses turn up isn't that right?
Speaker 6: Ja?
Speaker 1: Everyone's on edge, and it's always gonna be like, what's our first interaction going to be? They're going to come in here, We're going to see them upstairs just before the meeting.
Speaker 4: Do you kiss your boss?
Speaker 2: Did you kiss the boss cheek? Forehead? Weed?
Speaker 1: Do you kiss them on the end of the nose? All that sort of stuff. They're really complicated questions. We saw one of the piets and my first interaction was right as I was exiting the toilet in that narrow little hallway, exiting the toilet, and I've.
Speaker 2: Got war all over my hands.
Speaker 11: What do we do here?
Speaker 2: Do you make a joke about Hey, you've got wet hands, just put it out there. Do you still kiss on the forehead? What are you actually?
Speaker 4: What did you do?
Speaker 2: I've kiss him on the notes.
Speaker 1: And on top of that as well, the little green that you give each other at a at a urinal is vital.
Speaker 7: What what are you talking about? I don't say hello to people when they come stand next to them with the urine.
Speaker 1: You didn't respond, and I said, welcome to the Hefty Horses Clubs. Next time I'll say to you, I'm sorry, I'm late for the Human Tripod Convention.
Speaker 2: We may now begin. We're learning, Josh.
Speaker 7: Hay, I need to know.
Speaker 4: I need to know. I need to know, I need to know.
Speaker 2: I need to know what news today?
Speaker 4: What you need to know?
Speaker 1: What you need to know with j You know me, Jose that I love myself a good fitness influencer.
Speaker 4: Oh don't you just?
Speaker 3: And you know we've been pretty serious all morning, But what better way to lighten the mood than to take the piece out of a fitness influencer Having said about eight million Instagram followers, if you don't mind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, his name is Ashton Hall and if you look him up, I've seen his stuff on Instagram.
Speaker 2: He's a beast.
Speaker 4: He's absolutely bas He's here, absolute weapon.
Speaker 3: But I just need to take you through his very unconventional morning routine.
Speaker 4: Are you ready for this?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: The entire regimen spans approximately five hours, just so you know, starts at three fifty am ground about.
Speaker 4: The time you're longest you sleep in, do you non?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 3: Three point fifty Upon waking, he uses mouth tape and nasal strips.
Speaker 4: What does that help me out here? My EU? Okay, what do mouth tape do?
Speaker 5: It is meant to make you sleep better, yeah, I think so.
Speaker 4: Shutting him out. Yeah, you're supposed.
Speaker 2: To breathe, but you're supposed to better for you if you breathe through your nose. Is that correct, right? So if you shut your mouth, yeah, it's no fun.
Speaker 1: Facts for me, Joe, it's going for the best part of Until I was thirty years old because of some footy injuries, I could only breathe through my mouth, really, and then I got an operation that cleared up my nose as soon as they finished footy.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable. I was like, ohs and nose it works.
Speaker 3: Crazy stuff, that's amazing, Okay. Then he dunks his face in ice water, not even joking her.
Speaker 4: That's good. Wow, it's way Molly, it's great for you. In the toilet.
Speaker 3: And then he does some push ups on his balcony, a bit of treadmill running and some swimming as well. Then he journals and he meditates. That's aiming to enhance his mental clarity.
Speaker 4: And then this is the part where it gets super weird.
Speaker 3: He'll eat a banana, but then he'll grab the peel and rub it all over his face and give himself a little banosa.
Speaker 5: Of course, of course again it checks out to me. So banana peals have like antiox Yeah, like they've got certain minut ls or whatever for your I know this is a separate topic, but if you want your plants to blossom your indoor plants, put a banana peel in water and then use that water on your plants and they go bananas.
Speaker 4: So makes sense. It works on your scaping.
Speaker 3: I absolutely won't be doing And if you start rubbing banana pills on your face in here in the morning, then you will no longer be employed on the Jony.
Speaker 2: Gardening Tips with producer that's the show.
Speaker 3: And then after rubbing his face with a banana peel, he dunks his head in ice water once again, thus completing the routine.
Speaker 4: Just a bit of feedback for our boy Astronault.
Speaker 3: In the comment section, someone said, I also wake at three fifty am to roll over and go back to sleep like a normal person.
Speaker 2: Yep, bro is.
Speaker 3: Out there training to be Batman while I'm just trying to survive my nine am.
Speaker 4: Alan it's batman ish. This is my favorite.
Speaker 3: I too dunk my face in ice water every morning, except it's my tears hitting the sink before wak.
Speaker 1: Guess the other of society is with oh I take us blake out Ashton Hall, because I've sent you a couple of times it's quite amazing. So what I find amazing as well is to take you through your stock standard routine.
Speaker 2: How much extra filming and workers out on them?
Speaker 4: Yeah, totally still job. He looks like he looks like a podcast.
Speaker 2: So he is.
Speaker 1: I believe he's an online fitness coach. But these sort of guys as well, they they sell your courses and it is I'll tell you how to be the best version of yourself, et cetera. Yeah, but the big thing is they always try and show you how awesome they are behind the scenes, like look how much I'm killing it. Oh he's a ferrari. I'm in the top house aid Abu Dhabi or something.
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 4: I yeh fine for me. Hey, what's your morning routine?
Speaker 1: My morning routine the same thing. Do you know what happened this morning? And it happens three times a week. I get up in the morning, four o'clock is my alarm. I make my way to the toilet, I sit down to do a week. Three times out of five I fall asleep on the toilet. That happened this morning, and then just as I'm about to fall off the door that I'll wake up, and then I turn up and produce this radio show, What over.
Speaker 4: God do that?
Speaker 1: It's so glorious, isn't it? Not quite Ashton Hall levels, but there you go. We're doing our best.
Speaker 2: No we're not