Speaker 1: Well, good morning Melbourne. Lie from a public bus slowly making our way through to South Melbourne. This is over one hundred. You're on the air with Jason and Lauren. It's a wet looking day ahead, but hopefully going to be fine for the weekend.
Speaker 2: What should you pack if you go into the footy tonight?
Speaker 3: Jason probably.
Speaker 1: Say hello to our next guest.
Speaker 4: Our next passenger is soccer legend and all time top goalscorer for Melbourne Victory.
Speaker 1: Ach Thompson.
Speaker 4: Please be careful while entering the bus.
Speaker 2: Archie Thompson is just jumped on the bus.
Speaker 3: Good morning morning. I don't think I've ever caught public transport snob. Yeah, I'm a bit of a snob when we're on We've.
Speaker 2: Just hit Chapel Street at the corner of Chapelin High Street.
Speaker 4: When the interview request comes through from your friends at Channel ten, nov I want to speak to you fantastic on a bus.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know it's a bit awkward, especially when it's called. You just want to maybe catch on the phone or maybe in a nice warm studio.
Speaker 3: Hey, this is great. Yeah, new experiences.
Speaker 2: We've got a couple of a league fancy came to ask you some questions as well.
Speaker 1: In a minute.
Speaker 2: But it is a huge weekend in Melbourne, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, look you talked about football.
Speaker 5: We've got the women's football tonight, the Matilda's I think they're playing at Marble.
Speaker 3: That's fantastic. And yet against Argentina.
Speaker 5: Yes, Argentina put me on the spot there. Just so focused on this big game tomorrow night, Melbourne Derby, twentieth year of the A Leagues and what a way to celebrate it with a massive Melbourne Derby. I feel like the last two weeks has just been incredible with football. I mean a poster Coglu in Europa League which is amazing, and then girls are here and then we've got a massive game tomorrow.
Speaker 3: So who's going to win tomorrow night? Or you can't ask him, he's a victory leg you know. I'm a professional mate, I can sit on the well, what's it?
Speaker 4: What's a soccer and Melbourne Football Derby they're quite electric, right A few yes, No.
Speaker 5: They are and I think with the inception of the second team in Melbourne a few years back now it was Melbourne Heart. Uh, then they came became Melbourne City and then ever since then, it's just built up this beautiful rivalry and you see across the world. I mean some of these massive games that you have round Madrid, Barcelona, Boca Juniors against Real Plate and this, you know, for Australian football is probably one of the biggest, along with maybe Sydney and Western Sydney.
Speaker 3: It really doesn't get bigger than this.
Speaker 5: And when you you know she's selling tickets for a Grand Final, I mean as soon as they went live on ticket Tech they went, they went pretty quick, so you.
Speaker 3: Know it's going to be jumping. Well, we got a couple of spa.
Speaker 5: You know what though, But my mum called me and this is my mom, right she she was a bit disappointed that I didn't surprise her with a call and say hey, come down, we've got a Grand final to ye.
Speaker 3: She's so disappointed. So you can pass.
Speaker 2: So if Archie's mum's listening, If you want to win it a double pass the eight League Grand Final, give us a ring now, or if you're just in your car and you want to win, keeps the call of thirteen twenty four.
Speaker 1: To ten to win the double pass Izoo Zoo A League Men twenty twenty Final, seven pm live and exclusive to Network ten ten Play and Paramount Plays.
Speaker 3: So arch removing the bias.
Speaker 4: So we had Auckland which topped the top of the table and I'm a bit surprised they're not there, but Victory knocked him off last week and so now it's a Victory City Grand Final.
Speaker 3: So how does this one sort of how does this one go?
Speaker 4: Do you think?
Speaker 3: Well, it's been incredible favorites. Well, it's very.
Speaker 5: Even to be honest, I will say with Melbourne Victory doing what they did over in Auckland was pretty amazing because Auckland have been really strong all season and to win like they did over there, I just feel that they're really battle hardened from that match to come to a Grand Final. But I will say big matches seems to always bring the best out. Melbourne Victory Thompson.
Speaker 3: How many goals scored her final? Guys?
Speaker 5: Do you know that?
Speaker 3: You know that question?
Speaker 2: If you o, he's Cooper's a big fan.
Speaker 4: How many?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Because it's a long walk time right?
Speaker 1: Great?
Speaker 2: Who do you work for Melbourne City?
Speaker 3: How many goals they score that night? Five goals?
Speaker 1: Hell?
Speaker 2: Do you on?
Speaker 3: Fourteen? Yeah? You were there a long time ago?
Speaker 1: Can I asked football soccer. What are we calling it here in Australia.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean it's divided. You could call it whatever you like. I mean it's soccer, it's football. I mean I probably tend to call it football right, but whatever floats you boat?
Speaker 1: Well mate, We really appreciate.
Speaker 2: You now as an outside I don't know that much about soccer football. Which fans are more feral?
Speaker 3: The United or the victory?
Speaker 4: City City victory?
Speaker 3: There's no United playing there. You go City knock United out United? So City victory?
Speaker 2: Which ones are more wilder?
Speaker 3: Fans? Collywood fans?
Speaker 2: The AFL is still worse?
Speaker 3: Yeah, terrible?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, many kidding that they're not ferals. I will say passionate. I would say Melbourn victory. No, No, honestly it's another I think they're great.
Speaker 3: Do you know who he backs for in the AFL? Yeah? Man, you say say it loud and proud. It's just with that.
Speaker 1: Get off the battle, enjoy the weekend. This is so good that we've got to happening here in Melbourne. We appreciate you on this. Set off the alive from a bus this morning.
Speaker 3: You're on over
Speaker 2: Lauren l wake up feeling good on the socials,