Speaker 1: Live on Skyins Australia.
Speaker 2: This is to Nika de Georgio.
Speaker 3: Hello and welcome to the show coming up tonight.
Speaker 4: More week Rhetoric from a week Prime Minister Anthony Arbernizi calls for Hamas to be isolated, isolating hermus How about destroying Hamas alarming you figures on the housing crisis as big Australia keeps getting bigger and d day for Russia. Donald Trump to meet Vladimir Putin in Alaska shortly but first tonight.
Speaker 3: Today marks eighty years since.
Speaker 4: The end of World War II victory in the Pacific, when Japan accepted the terms of surrender. Almost one million Australians served in the conflict. Almost forty thousand never came home. They carried our values and freedoms on their shoulders as they fought for this country, and we'll never forget their courage and bravery. I wonder now, though, a years later, how our brave soldiers would feel to hear our Prime minister has also been praised for his courage, but by a terror group. Not only has Hamas praised Labour this week for its recognition of a Palestinian state, but it did the same last month when Australia joined other nations in calling on Israel to end the war in Gaza. Anthony Albanezi is now on the same side as Hamas of the enemy, not the side fighting for values and freedom like our brave soldiers did. And this should worry all of us.
Speaker 3: Especially as Australia faces its.
Speaker 4: Most challenging strategic environment since the end of World War II. In fact, we heard it just this week in the excellent Sky News special hosted by Chris Yulman the War Room.
Speaker 5: A strategic outlook in the region is deteriorating rather markedly. The second fact is the warning time and we can expect for a threat is growing much shorter.
Speaker 2: Oh, we should certainly be worried. And I think the point to bring out is this is not a story about the twenty thirties. Our concern needs to be in the second half of this decade.
Speaker 4: And given the perilous times we are in, what's even more perilous is Anthony Alberanizi.
Speaker 3: Is in charge of our fortunes.
Speaker 4: Eighty years ago Australia worked side by side in battle with our ally, the United States, and eighty years later we are.
Speaker 3: Shifting our foreign policy even.
Speaker 4: Further away from the US, and we have now been given the most clearest indication yet into just how fractured the relationship is.
Speaker 3: Mike Huckabee, the US Ambassador to Israel.
Speaker 4: Says he has discussed Labour's decision to recognize a Palestinian state with US President Donald Trump and Secretary of State Marco Rubio, and here was the response.
Speaker 6: Well, the US is disappointed that the nations like Australians and others, have decided to pick this particular time to unilaterally recognize second state. I think it's the timing has been very hurtful to any prospects of negotiating some settlement in Gaza with Hamas. There's an enormous level of disappointment and some discussed.
Speaker 4: Disappointment and disgust. That is very strong language from our number one Ally. We need the US for security, we need the US and the event of war, and that is how little they think of this government. And to make it even worse, labor did not even give the US a heads up before it made its announcement.
Speaker 6: There was no communication with the United States. As Israel's closest partner, we would have expected that there would have been some heads up, there wasn't.
Speaker 4: And yet the Prime ministere stuff today thought nothing of it.
Speaker 7: Israel, of course had a right to defend itself, we said that, but how it defends itself also matters. We said that at the time, and clearly what we have seen is more and more conflict, more and more innocent lives lost, and you need to have a break of the cycle.
Speaker 4: What the Prime Minister seems to not understand is that when a country is attacked, it has a duty to defend itself and protect its citizens. That is what Israel is doing, That's what we helped do eighty years ago. But of course that goes against the PM's childhood dream of a Palestinian state, and again his rhetoric just rewards him us.
Speaker 7: You break the circle of violence by isolating Hamas, by not continuing to just do what has been happening over the last since October.
Speaker 4: Seven, isolating Hamas. How about destroying and eliminating Hamas, destroying terror, destroying a group that threatens our values, not isolating them. This is just more weak, merely mouthed rhetoric from a weak Prime minister. And it's not just Labour's reckless and morally bankrupt decision to recognize Palestine. But it's also Anthony Albanesi's obsession with China that's worrying our number one ally in these perilous times. The Prime Minister is best friends with the communist regime of China, having gone out of his way to appease Beijing while shrugging off its blatant displays of intimidation, whether it be the live fire exercises.
Speaker 3: Or spy ships on our coast.
Speaker 4: And China goes against everything our soldiers fought against, tyranny and aggression. Yet they've got their lapdog elbow exactly where they want him. He prioritized a visit to China ahead of a is it to Washington, DC to meet with Donald Trump. His recent John Curtin oration promoting independence from the United States caught the hour of the White House.
Speaker 3: The Orcus Pact is of course.
Speaker 4: Under threat, and Labor has shrugged its shoulders at the US request for US to lift defense spending. So you can't blame the Trump administration for questioning Australia, a once reliable and strong ally in what are as I said the most challenging times in eighty years. I mean, we would be screwed if war was to come to our doorstep.
Speaker 3: But Anthony Albanezi is unreliable.
Speaker 4: He's an unreliable ally and an unreliable partner on the world stage.
Speaker 3: The PM is a fool not to.
Speaker 4: Be ensuring that we are in lockstep with the United States.
Speaker 3: Albo may talk.
Speaker 4: The talk when it comes to the alliance, but he could not care less it doesn't suit his socialist agenda. If our World War II heroes could only see what this country has become under this dangerous Prime Minister.
Speaker 3: Let's get into it now.
Speaker 4: Joining me is Shadow Cabinet Secretary Andrew Wallace.
Speaker 3: Andrew, thank you so much for joining me.
Speaker 4: I want to start by getting your reaction to Mike Huckabee, the US ambassador to Israel, saying that there's an enormous level of disappointment and some discussed by the White House to Australia's recognition of Palestine.
Speaker 8: Well, Deniko, Mike Huckabee is a professional diplomat.
Speaker 9: He is the.
Speaker 8: Representative of the United States in Israel. Diplomats use this sort of language generally to be talking about the United States, our closest ally being disappointed and disgusted in a decision that was made by the Australian government.
Speaker 9: This is new ground. The United States is our most.
Speaker 8: Important ally and Anthony Albanezi is consistently throwing dirt in the face of the US government.
Speaker 9: We all know that elbow.
Speaker 8: The Prime Minister doesn't like President Trump. He said repeatedly that he is scared of President Trump. But the job of the Prime Minister, his first responsibility is to keep Australian safe. The Australian Alliance, the US Alliance has stood the test of time for many decades now, and this Prime Minister is trashing the alliance. He is going out of his way to destroy the alliance with the United States and our forefathers. The men and women that fought in World War II that we are recognizing today the eightieth anniversary would be turning in their graves.
Speaker 9: My grandfather would be turning in his grave. He served in the Pacific.
Speaker 8: I grew up with my grandfather consistently saying to me, thank God for the X because if we didn't have the Americans that came and assisted us in nineteen forty one, then we would have stood very little chance in repelling the Japanese imperial forces.
Speaker 4: I absolutely agree with you, and now we've got a situation where our Prime minister is actually on the side of terror, not the side of the country.
Speaker 3: It's we live in very, very concerning times right now.
Speaker 4: I just played this response by the Prime Minister today when he was talking about Hamas.
Speaker 3: But let's play it again. Have a listen.
Speaker 7: You break the circle of violence by isolating Hamas, by not continuing to just do what has been happening over the last since October seven.
Speaker 3: Andrew, he's talking there about isolating him, not destroying it.
Speaker 4: Why is he so weak in his language when it comes to this terror group.
Speaker 8: Well, Danika, the Prime Minister saw a couple of weekends ago one hundred thousand people walk across Sydney Harbor Bridge and.
Speaker 9: He saw this as well.
Speaker 8: This is in his view, there was no better time to recognize our Palestindian state. This was their opportunity to seize that time. But what he didn't take into account is the white hot rage that Australians are now feeling that this Prime Minister has gone against decades long of bipartisanship foreign policy. Look, this is if it wasn't so serious, this would be laughable. This is like two sophomores in university playing university politics between Penny Wong and the Prime Minister. I cannot believe that the Prime Minister.
Speaker 3: In a time like this, where we are at our.
Speaker 8: Most geo strategically challenging period since nineteen forty five, and the Prime Minister is consistently trying to trash the US alliance. This is a long held ambition of the Prime Minister to recognize the Palestinian state. We should have no surprise about that because it's been Labor Party platform for a long time. But it is now costing us, or has the risk of costing us.
Speaker 10: Our relationship with the United States.
Speaker 9: It beggars belief.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and eighty years ago we stood side by side with the United States.
Speaker 3: Yet here we are in twenty twenty five. Andrew Wallace, always.
Speaker 4: Appreciate your time. We've got to leave it there. Enjoy the markets. Looks like it's a fun night behind you. All right, Let's move on now. Today is d Day for Russia. All eyes are on Alaska as Vladimir Putin sits down with Donald Trump for a peace summit to end the war in Ukraine. The stakes could not be higher now. I, like many I'm hopeful, but I have my doubts. Firstly, Ukraine President Voladimir is Aelenski won't even be there because he was not invited.
Speaker 3: He won't be in the room. He won't be.
Speaker 4: Able to argue for Ukraine, and the fate of his country is basically being left to a dictator who is at war with his country as well as the security of Europe. It will rely on Putin making concessions, which he has already indicated he's not willing to do. The only hope, of course, is that Donald Trump can pull this off, but it also requires him to come through on his threat to punish Russia severely if it does.
Speaker 3: Not end this war. Now.
Speaker 4: Trump has absolutely amped up his rhetoric against Russia in recent months. I would say it's been checkered rhetoric. It hasn't always been tough, but he can't fold to Putin as the only other man in this summit. He knows the art of the deal, but this deal has a lot riding on it. If Trump can do this, then I say he absolutely deserves the Nobel Peace Prize. Johny Now for more on this is Michael Shoebridge from Strategic Analysis Australia. Michael, thanks for joining me. It's all about these concessions. Who will fold first.
Speaker 11: Well, the first thing I'd say is no one knows what the outcome of these talks are going to be, So anyone that tells you they know, I would not listen to them any further. But concessions, well, I think Putin's going into this very clear about what he wants, and he's already got two big things. So the first thing he wanted was to pause Trump's sanctions on Russian oil. He's achieved that. The second thing he wanted was a face to face meeting with the American president on American soil, because that's an enormous propaganda coup for him. What he loved to do is split Trump and Zelensky again, and he knows he can because he's done it before. And he really wants to talk about everything but the war, particularly big business deals between Russia and America, and his wildest dream is to get Trump to help him end the war on Russian terms. So Putin's very clear what he wants. I think the good news is Donald Trump is a bit clearer going into this than we might.
Speaker 3: Have expected a week ago.
Speaker 11: Because he's spent the week caucusing with European leaders and with President Zelensky of Ukraine. He didn't do that before he met Putin last time. But yes, the risk is Trump gives a way too much to try and get a deal, and that risks handing Russia a victory that no aggressor should be receiving.
Speaker 3: Well, exactly, and this is just the thing.
Speaker 4: Though overnight, Donald Trump did raise the possibility of even offering Putin economic incentives to end the war in Ukraine. He says, though he's confident of peace, have a listen to this.
Speaker 12: The more important meeting will be the second meeting that we're having. We're going to have a meeting with President Putin, President Zolenski, myself, and maybe we'll bring some of the European leaders or maybe not.
Speaker 3: It's I don't know that. It's going to be very important.
Speaker 12: We're going to see what happens. And I think President Putin will make peace. I think Presidents Olynsky will make peace. We'll see if they can get along, and if they can, it'll be great. If I weren't president, in my opinion, he would much rather take off take over all of Ukraine. But I am president and he's not going to mess around with him.
Speaker 3: Michael, I guess if Russia doesn't come to the table on this.
Speaker 4: I know that Trump's confident, but if Russia doesn't come to the table, how much does Trump have to then make good on his threat to impose significant sanctions on Russia.
Speaker 11: Well, I think we'd all like to see President Trump follow through on those sanctions because they're what's brought putin to the table. So you know, if what is the most likely outcome here, which is they come out of it with vague commitments to keep talking, no ceasefire, and the war continues, then that's the moment Trump needs to follow through on the sanctions, and I think that's the most likely outcome. The best outcome is they agree to agree a broad ceasefire that starts almost immediately, they freeze the conflict and they begin real negotiations, But I don't see that as a likely outcome.
Speaker 4: Well, gee, all eyes are going to be on this meeting. There's so much at stake here, it's just so important, so will be watching it so closely. Michael, I just want to talk to you today. Marks, of course, eighty years since the end of World War II. We have stood by the US side by side in every conflict, and now this relationship is being tested, even just this week, of course, through the recognition of Palestine.
Speaker 3: That's frustrated the Trump administration. Further.
Speaker 4: I wonder eighty years later how our brave soldiers would feel to hear that our own prime minister has been praised for his courage but by a terror group.
Speaker 3: What do you think?
Speaker 11: Well, look, I think it was very predictable that Hamas was going to celebrate what mister Albanezi is doing, and the idea that the government approach to the conflict in Gaza is somehow isolating Hamas is just magical, deluded thinking thinking Hamas has got an enormous boost out of countries that said hadn't said they were going to recognize a ballastin instead moving to do that and isolating Israel. I think this looks bad in Washington, but also in history. You're right, Australian policy is usually more than meaningless words and gestures.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look, I completely agree with you, Michael Schubridge. We have to leave it there.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much for joining me on the show as always, and now to premiere justinto Allan's worrying and disturbing attack on free speech and freedom of the after being asked by a journalist about Victorian curriculum that teaches children as young as five that their biological sex may not align with their gender.
Speaker 3: Identity five years old. Would you believe here she was yesterday? Have a listen. That's just nonsense. It's disgraceful nonsense.
Speaker 1: Like, seriously, this sort of ongoing attack on a program that is making a difference in kids' lives just should be stopped. It should be stopped. It's disgraceful reporting.
Speaker 4: And it seems her response was actually a carbon copy of her predecessor.
Speaker 9: And be very clear about something.
Speaker 8: Trans kids are fifteen times more likely to self harm.
Speaker 1: Transgender kids are fifteen times more likely to kill themselves.
Speaker 4: Two peas in a pod joining me now is Giggle founder Sal Grover.
Speaker 3: So good to see you.
Speaker 4: Jacinta Allen is attacking fair and honest reporting about what is going on in schools in her state on an issue that every parent should be concerned about.
Speaker 3: What does this say?
Speaker 13: Well, I think she might have actually said the client part out loud and might not have known that, and more than likely probably doesn't realize it. She doesn't want people to know what's actually going on. She's attacking the reporting of it.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 13: This is something that's happened all the time with gender ideology. They have done everything in stealth, everything in darkness, and the moment there is light shone on it, they get very, very angry, whether it's with me being punished, whether it's with the lacks of Curele Smith today lost an appeal to have an ebo overturned, purely because she was bringing attention to the fact that men were playing in women's sporting teams. They do not like it when there is a tension on how nonsense. Their ideology is as simple as that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, and you know all about that.
Speaker 4: You know all about what it's like when your own freedom of speech is suppressed and you take and to court because of it.
Speaker 3: I just found it fascinating.
Speaker 4: Like her predecessor Dan Andrews, they're both very quick and keen to jump to this alarmist suicide narrative to push gender ideology on miners. What evidence is there even to suggest that this gender affirm and care reduces the risk of suicide in children?
Speaker 13: None? None, I mean the journalists that asked her the question, did mention the CAST report, which just Into Alan just so ignorantly dismissed. The evidence is actually that it going through brutal surgeries and cross sex womens on confused, vulnerable, scared children. Actually that's what actually increases it. That's what the CAST report found. If just Into Alan actually cares about vulnerable people and their distressed minds, she looked to the detransitioners, the young people who have gone through this pipeline of social affirmation and then hormones and surgery, and then realized it there was some mistake in the state that they are in at the moment. Mel Jeffries is a very brief woman in Victoria who's speaking out constantly. She's a detransitioner and she wants to bring attention to it, and the likes of just Into Alan will not acknowledge her. So this isn't about caring about kids or minorities or anything like that. This is about pushing an ideology that around the world is falling apart, but for some reason Australia and specifically Victoria are just holding on for dear life, thinking that Australia is going to be different.
Speaker 3: We're not.
Speaker 13: I guarantee you that eventually, just into Alan will pretend she never said anything that she said in that interview. She'll pretend it never happened.
Speaker 4: Oh, that wouldn't surprise me. It's the usual whitewashing. And my concern Sally's how many parents would even have known that this was part of the curriculum for five year olds until it was exposed in the Australian newspaper yesterday. I mean, once again we're saying that parents are being left in the by this gender indoctrination exactly.
Speaker 13: I think that this is a warning for all parents in Australia. Wherever you are, it is your duty and responsibility to find out what your children are being taught. I have a three year old. When I was enrolling her to go to kindergarten, that was my first question. Is this involved in the curriculum? Now I was promised that it wasn't a can't be guarantee, but you can actually put it on your child's file that you don't want them taught any of this stuff and so that if it is going to be taught, they're not there when it happens.
Speaker 3: Whether that's the.
Speaker 13: Way you want to go about it, or if you want to take it further and actually try and pull this from the curriculum. Something actually has to be done, because this would be the equivalent if it wasn't so serious of teaching children that star signs were real and meant something. Now, you can believe in star signs if you want, they can be a bit of fun whatever. You can believe in gender identities if you want, well, that's fine. But if you're pushing them in the education system as truth as science are settled science, it is incredibly dangerous because the science is actually settled. It's male and female and it never.
Speaker 4: Changes, no exactly, it's fixed. It's just such a basic concept. Yet it's been absolutely skew if for recent years, pushed by the left and apparently by the Victorian government. Sal Grover, We've got to leave it there. Thank you always for coming on the show. Good to see you. We're coming up after the break my panel. We'll discuss alarming you figures on the housing crisis as big Australia just keeps getting bigger and bigger. Tina McQueen and Tanya Mahalic will join me next. Welcome back and joining me now is my Friday panel, Sky News contributor to Tina McQueen and New South Wales Independent MP Tanya Mahalo. Happy Friday as always, thank you for joining me. Now let's talk about Big Australia getting even bigger. But it's now been revealed Western Sydney we'll have to build nearly ninety new homes each day for the next four years if it is to hit New.
Speaker 3: South Wales housing targets.
Speaker 4: Now under Housing Accord targets, which were set up, of course by federal labor last year, Western Sydney has to deliver forty percent of three hundred and seventy seven thousand new homes that must be completed across the state by twenty twenty nine. But Tina, we've now got a situation where builders are warning that this is absolutely impossible to achieve. We're federally we're never going to achieve those housing targets. But labour's got its foot on the migration accelerator. We're bringing too many people in. Where are we going to put all these people when we can't even reach housing targets.
Speaker 14: On top of that, we don't have the trades people to build it. I've got family that jip rockers and builders. There's some a two year wait list for work for them. That's how far we worked. So it's impossible to reach those targets. Like I mean, it really annoys me that Labour has put forward the impossible mission. It's ridiculous. So yeah, the immigration has to really be holded for a little while, and I encourage more people to do trades, not stupid university where they're never going to use their degrees. We need trades people in this country to help build those homes so desperately required.
Speaker 4: Well, you can probably make a lot of money out of it, given that the backlog is so large they can't.
Speaker 3: Trades people do make a fortune there you go.
Speaker 4: See, I'm not surprised by that, Tanya, how well we just said. I mean, how tough it is for builders right now in New South Wales to try and keep up with this pipe dream, these targets being set by federal labor.
Speaker 15: Well, I think my message to both the Prime Minister and the Premier is that the building sector can't perform miracles. They can't be expected to produce ninety homes each day in Sydney.
Speaker 3: It's just not possible.
Speaker 15: We think about the fact that you've got overlapping laws in New South Wales, you've got planning controls that absolutely stifle opportunities. We've just had an inquiry earlier in the week into the Design and Building Practitioners Act. And you've got stakeholders like Urban Task Force and Property Council telling the Government of New South Wales that you've just got too many overlapping laws here, too much red tape, too much bureaucracy, councils with very varying different planning controls all across New South Wales.
Speaker 3: It's not simply just.
Speaker 15: Forthwith, go forthwith and start building houses, how you know. And Tina's right, there is a serious skills shortage. At the same time, you've got insurance issues, structural deficit issues, you still have builders dealing with the Building Commission. I mean, you've got so many issues.
Speaker 14: And a lot of the migrants are going to a condensed area, which makes it, you know, doubly impossible, which.
Speaker 3: Makes it even more difficult.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and obviously Western Sydney is an area which is booming because people are looking to build and to go out.
Speaker 15: They're not the governments not prepared to actually put the infrastructure this week exactly mean the problem to the mayor of Campbelltown that he couldn't perform miracles, He couldn't build airport link, he can't put the transport links that Western Sydney needs.
Speaker 4: Exactly the common and this is exactly well, it's just the perfect combination of a real shambles.
Speaker 3: Actually everything everything please.
Speaker 15: The alb and Easy has also put us in a situation where there's no tax reform at all, except they're now considering removing negative gearing, which means these wow and developers don't even have the investors it'll be prepared to invest.
Speaker 4: Well, let's see what happens at this roundtable next week, sho we let's see what comes out other than negative gearing.
Speaker 3: We'll see what they come up with now.
Speaker 4: Look, of course, Victorian Labor is looking to make it impossible for employers by seeking to legislate working from home. But it's been revealed remote work is now a permanent fixture across the country. Six point seven million Aussies work from home at least some of the time. That's forty six percent of employees. I was surprised by that figure. Tina forty six percent. But I maintain it is up to the employer to make the decisions that is best.
Speaker 3: None of this legislation nonsense.
Speaker 14: And sadly is those on the higher wage scale that are mostly able to work from home and mostly in the city. But it's really sad the still lot of the cafes, little sandwich shops and everything's have closed down because you don't have the customer base there now because a lot of these people prefer to work home. But what concerns me, we've got a two tier system now where some people don't have that luxury. The firemen, the bus driver, so you know, people that do the manual labor, the hard things that keep the state and country going, there's no way in hell they can work from home. So I think it's a little bit cruel. I don't think it's fair at all.
Speaker 4: I completely agree and really tell you, why would you want to go into business right now? In this country we just mentioned the red tape before. You've got unions with their fingers everywhere. Next week they're going to be looking at the roundtable to implement a four day working week.
Speaker 3: Why would you bother?
Speaker 15: Well, this is the issue, particularly in Victoria where they are going to legislate work from home, and I agree with your words and Tina, it's absolutely outrageous to legislate in that area. You need to allow employers to determine how to implement and deliver their service and products, and they know best.
Speaker 3: You can't have.
Speaker 15: Half your workforce at home at any given time, and in particular certain industries. So I think each employer has to decide that and work together with employees the problems the business now though, I think we are at a crossroads. There are going to be businesses that are going to have to decide whether it's worth continuing on. In the hospitality industry for example, Well, we have a record.
Speaker 4: Number of insolvencies at the moment anyway as it is.
Speaker 15: So do they find other opportunities and where's the government giving them that support that they need?
Speaker 3: No, well they're not. That's the problem.
Speaker 4: They've got hr they've got those ir laws they're making it.
Speaker 3: You know, energy energy bills are through the roof. It's just impossible.
Speaker 4: Now, well, we've got to talk about the behemoth that is a national disability insurance scheme. It's been revealed sixteen percent of all sixteen year old boys in the country are on it. Eighty thousand people join the NDIS in the last twelve months, meaning seven hundred and forty thousand ossies and now on this scheme, Tina, it just can't keep going on like this. It was designed for the most severely disabled. Now seven hundred and forty thousand people are on it.
Speaker 14: Oh, it's crazy. And that percentage of young boys. Look, you know, boys will be boys. And I think sometimes it's lazy parroting, lack of discipline, lack of any boundaries. You know, people parents aren't putting the effort in. They just think we'll drag them up. It's easy. You know, you get certain advantages beyond this program. It has to stop. It's just beyond repair. Now, it's ridiculous. It's turned out to something that was never meant to be. It's supposed to be those that severely need help, Yes, yeah, exactly, not to calm kids down or make your life easier.
Speaker 4: Well, I just wonder if that percentage of children have been given an autism diagnosis, because it's about forty five percent of young people on it have an autism diagnosis. But again, it goes to the problem it's not means tested.
Speaker 15: Look, I don't know if I have I don't have an issue, but means testing, in fact, I think that'll be a problem because it'll become a welfare haven, even worse than dis So to me, it is.
Speaker 3: Just unconscionable that we have that.
Speaker 15: You know, sixteen percent of six year olds are on NDS or a national disability insurance scheme. To think of that is just unbelievable Australias at this situation now. But it won't be a labor government that will fix that. That's I can tell you that because it suits them to continue on the NDI is and I think that's the biggest problem we have. This has been going on for fifteen years. Yes, and if anyone thinks that Albanez is going to fix it, they won't.
Speaker 4: He's not going to fix it. It is absolutely a behemoth.
Speaker 3: He's not going to fix it.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 3: Look, this is an interesting one.
Speaker 4: If you're struggling to juggle a full time job with a social life and then adding the pressure of dating mixed in, will enter Tinder leave time off work to go on a date?
Speaker 3: This is true.
Speaker 4: Businesses around the world are recognizing that dating takes time, and they're allowing employees to take leave to go and find the loves of their lives.
Speaker 3: Oh what do you reckon?
Speaker 14: Well, we're about half next week, we'll have four days weeks, it's going to be three days because we need a day to date exactly.
Speaker 4: I mean, we're never going to be at work, We're never going to be able to earn a living.
Speaker 3: There you go, tend to leave, Well, what about sick of my family? Leave?
Speaker 15: What a mom's get get out of this day off from my kids? You do not believe I don't want to.
Speaker 3: Holiday. Your life's one holiday? Ten you in.
Speaker 15: That people would even contemplate even discussing that with their employer.
Speaker 3: Embarrassing gen Z. Remember gen Z.
Speaker 4: Gen Z are asking whether or not in job interviews if they should be telling their prospective employees that they've just broken up with their with their partners. So it's probably gen Z pushing this, of course, because they're just a bunch of absolute snowflakes.
Speaker 3: There you go, it's a thing. Apparently that's what they're doing around the world. Anyway, to have you both on Teta McQueen Tanya, but haling, thanks for joining me. I mean where is the world going to seriously?
Speaker 4: Coming up after the break will cross the UK where one council is removing British flags while police are going undercover to the tackle cat calling.
Speaker 3: You won't believe it. More details next, Welcome back.
Speaker 4: Let's return now to the Prime Minister's reckless decision to recognized Palestine. Joining me is Joel Bernie from the Australia, Israel and Jewish Affairs Council.
Speaker 3: Joel good to catch up again.
Speaker 4: I want to start with the comments made overnight by the US Ambassador to Israel, Mike Huckabee, saying that the Trump administration was disappointed at the decision and was not even given a heads up. Where does this leave the relationship now, not just between Australia and Israel, a close.
Speaker 3: Ally of ours, but also with the United States.
Speaker 10: Well, thank you for having me on, Deniko, And obviously the relationship between the United States and Australia is at a record low. And this is just one of many issues that have happened over the past couple of months that illustrate that the very important strategic alliance between our two countries has been placed on rocks because of the ill fated and sometimes confusing approach of this government. I think there are many examples, but one example over the past, and there's been a lot that's happened. A journalist asked the Prime Minister before he decided to pursue recognition with the announcement on Monday. He was asked last week does he intend on speaking to President Trump about the potential for Australia to follow the United Kingdom, Canada and France in September and recognizing Palestine. And his response was not just a no, it was a very tense and angry no. We have our own sovereign foreign policy and we don't need to pick up the phone and speak to the President of the United States. And what concerned me with that was not just the aggression about the comment, was the fact that in the past forty eight hours from that comment, the Prime Minister had spoken to the Prime Minister of the UK, Kirstarmer, He'd spoken to President ma Crime, He'd also spoken to Palestinian authority President Mahmoudabas. So I think that the relationship is at a very strategic low and that should concern all Australian.
Speaker 4: Look absolutely found the time to speak to a bus but can't even foam the United States or even repair the relationship with Israel, and baffles me. I also found it very strange when the PM spoke this morning about isolating Hamas. He keeps saying isolating. Shouldn't the goal be to destroy Hamas? I mean, is this not another reason why Hamask came out in support of the decision.
Speaker 10: Well, you're one hundred percent correct, and nik who, of course, the objective should be to read not just Israel, but the Palestinian people of this tyrannical terrorist organization that is Comas. But I think the Prime Minister has unfortunately illustrated quite a lot of confusion about Hamas. Now you alluded to it in your question. So the Prime Minister on his announcement on Monday said that Hamas would be against the unilateral recognition of a state of Palestine because it was in the context of a two state solution. This would be contrary to what Hamas wants and it will be isolated. And then Hamask comes out in Matthew Knott's article from a couple of days ago that says no, no, no whereally gleefully, but only do we support it. But this was you know, exactly what we were trying to do with the violent assault that happened on October seven. It was justified the attacks because now the world was shedding light on apply to the Palestinians. And then the Prime Minister called that Commas propaganda. You should listen to it. Well, I would say in response that nearly everything and every attack that this government has had against Israel since the start of this war twenty two months ago, has indeed been based on Hammas propaganda. All the figures out of the so called Hamas run Gaza health Ministry is Commas propaganda. The accusations of failures of food distribution, malnutrition and famine is Commas propaganda. So it's interesting that the Prime Minister picks and chooses when he'll accept information from Hamas and when he will rejected as propaganda.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I mean, look what happened when the New York Times as well ran that picture of that little boy on the front page. It turns out, no, he wasn't starved, he had ruble palsy. But I think the media as well have a lot to do with this job. Bernie, We've got to leave it there. Appreciate your time as always, Thank you so much for joining me on the show.
Speaker 3: Well let's go to the UK now.
Speaker 4: Instead of policing criminals or grooming gangs, UK police in Surrey have put together a task force to arrest men who cat call female joggers.
Speaker 3: You heard that right.
Speaker 4: They've got as far as to send female cops undercover as baked.
Speaker 3: Have a look.
Speaker 16: These women aren't friends out for a run. They're actually undercover police officers taking to the streets in Surrey as part of a new operation trying to stop people cat calling and harassing female runners.
Speaker 5: We get polked at the stair in the hanging out of the window just to look at us, and it just it's so so so prevalent.
Speaker 16: And police teams are ready to intervene the moment the officers are beaped out, followed or shouted out pulling people over.
Speaker 17: Hey, those behaviors may not be criminal offenses in themselves, but they still need to be addressed. And of course, the people that are likely to commit those kind of behaviors, you know, they may then go on to commit more serious offenses.
Speaker 4: Driving Out is Sky News contributor and gb News host to Emily Carver.
Speaker 3: Emily, good to see you. So feminism strikes again.
Speaker 18: Yeah, this is just so classic here in England. You know, feminists, they really like to concentrate on the big issues, don't They Far easier to focus, isn't it on a bit of cat calling, a bit of wolf whistling, or a sexy Sydney Sweeney advert than actually call out Pakistani grooming gangs or indeed the increased wearing of the burker in this country. Now, I don't like cat calling as much as the next woman, and I do wish men wouldn't do it, But I'd rather the police focused on real crime. And I've done a little bit of digging. Didn't take me along. I've had a look at the stats and this police force sold less than eight percent of serious sexual crimes in the area in the past year. Do you think, Danika, that perhaps this stuff might be a bit of deflection from their shoddy record of actually keeping women safe? And is this video really going to help anyone really or is it just a pr move from a police force wanting to go viral on TikTok. I'll let you make up your mind.
Speaker 4: I think that the latter. I think you're absolutely spot on. I think it is just for a bit of recognition, a bit of viral video.
Speaker 3: I completely agree.
Speaker 4: But no, you're right, they should be actually focusing on policing and the big issues like grooming gangs. Now, Birmingham City Council has started removing Union Jack and Saint George's flags from lampposts, despite lighting up the city's library in green and white to mark the anniversary of Pakistan's independence day. Emily, why is Pakistan being celebrated but the UK is not.
Speaker 18: Oh, that's a very good question, as seeing as Birmingham is one of the biggest cities in the United Kingdom, not Pakistan, and most of these people out celebrating will be British citizens. But it does seem in this country we very much enjoy celebrating other countries independence from US, which is rather nice. But of course people are free to celebrate what they want in this country within reason. But the controversy here really is the role of the labor run council. So they've chosen to light up the massive city states Library in green and white to mark the seventy seventh anniversary of pakistan Independence Day, but its workers have been taking down scores of Saint George's crosses, Union Jack flags attached to lampposts by residents. They say they're not good for health and safety, dangerous even in residential areas, which is quite something. But they're more than happy for Pakistani residents to celebrate their homeland in the streets, or indeed their parents' homeland. I worry that this rather reinforces the view that increasingly number of people have that many of our public institutions are more than happy to celebrate the national history, the national cultures of other countries, but a little bit squeamish about celebrating our own. It's no wonder really that people in this country are feeling increasingly uneasy with multiculturalism and the way our country is going. I mean, surely no foreign or indeed any political flag should be flown on state buildings anyway that isn't our own. Surely that would help with some kind of social cohesion and sense of British identity. They've got to fly the Indian Independence Day flags as well, the orange green and why of the Indian flag now to keep everyone happy.
Speaker 4: I mean, once again, it's just rewarding multiculturalism, but when it comes to your own country, it's this left narrative. They get very scared about patriotism. It's very odd. Now look, the Princess of Wales Cape Middleton has relased a new videos celebrating the beauty of British summer.
Speaker 3: Have a look.
Speaker 19: Our lives flourish when we cherish the bonds of love and friendship. So open your hearts, sing, dance, play. The days are still long. So simply love and be loved.
Speaker 3: Oh, Emily, I think that's lovely.
Speaker 18: Yeah, it's a nice auntithesis, isn't it? To all the doom and gloom that's going on around the world and in this country in particular. This is a video that's released as part of It's the second installment of her Mother Nature series, inspired by peace and tranquility that she found in the great outdoors during her cancer recovery. But it's clearly a very personal project for her. I mean, admittedly it's not the most profound message. People the world over know that nature can feel healing at times difficult times, but it's beautifully put together. It's calming, is positive, and it's a far cry from the Duchess of Sussex and her Instagram feed, where we're constantly she's constantly trying to flog us something.
Speaker 4: Isn't she Wow, So I selling us something at least that you know the princess is actually nice about things.
Speaker 3: Megan, on the other hand, jays don't even get me started. Plays Carver, You're wonderful as always. Good to see you.
Speaker 4: Thanks very much for joining me on the show to save me well stay with us. Will be back in a moment with the winners and losers of the week, including a warning about a bitter comedian who's bringing her show down under, plus the young Nausy chases his football dream overseas.
Speaker 3: That's next.
Speaker 4: Well, it is that time of the week where we sought the winners from the losers and backers. Always is verbt communications Peruma swayed. Great to see now you're one of this week. Our Australian schools are increasingly turning their focus to students well being.
Speaker 20: Now this is interesting because when we were growing up, or when I was, my biggest trouble as a teenal worry was pimples and whether the boy in the back row fancied me. But now, of course teens have been told that the world's going to end. You know, there's a million things that you know, are.
Speaker 3: They a boy or a girl?
Speaker 20: They need to check their genitals each week almost so no wonder they've lost. You know, there's a lot of self loathing and hate and people don't love.
Speaker 3: Don't just reminded me just into aalented yesterday.
Speaker 20: Yeah, sorry, well you haven't done any a resilience anymore.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 20: Normally one would hope that parents would teach all this stuff. But there's a school called the Scott's.
Speaker 3: College in Hallbury. Don't laugh all the time.
Speaker 20: It's taking me love that is teaching this stuff to give boys an idea of what masculinity is and what girls should be doing to make them feel selves feel well. So I think that's a good move since as shame parents weren't doing it.
Speaker 3: Well, it is a shame that parents aren't doing this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it gives them the skills they need to live a happy, healthy life, which, well, who would have thought going back to the basics, but these days everything so illated happy and healthy.
Speaker 20: If you could at least spelling that up to uspose, which is a bit challenging, and well, if you know what you are when you wake up, exactly what.
Speaker 3: Your pronouns are and geez goodness.
Speaker 4: Now look, my winner this week is young Ozsie's eighteen years old Archie Wilson, who's chasing his dream playing football in the US state of Nebraska, but he's feeling a bit homesick.
Speaker 3: Have a listen, first time you're away from them.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that part's hard. I mean, I'm sorry. Yeah, I loved it a lot.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it is honest.
Speaker 4: I think that's really sweet. I mean it's true, it's homesick. I mean, America is far away, but he's off there to play professional football and I think the girls will love him.
Speaker 20: But also tells you we were talking about families. Yes, this family is rock solid. You know, the love that they have and support they have for each other, the respect that those children have for each other and their parents, and this beautiful boy.
Speaker 3: It's just heartwarming, isn't it. It is heartwarm. Yeah, it's very heartwarming.
Speaker 4: He's a love of family obviously, comes from a very good household. And I think that he that Nebraska will fall in love with him.
Speaker 3: Well we all we all have and know exactly.
Speaker 19: Now.
Speaker 4: Your loser this week is the Prime Minister for recognizing Palestine.
Speaker 20: Well, you know, when you see America, you know coming out, well, it's the Israeli ambassador, US ambassador to is Israel is disappointed and disgusted.
Speaker 3: You know, what are we doing?
Speaker 20: You know, here we are today on the fifteenth of August, celebrating you know, the VJ Day or the VD Day, VP Day, you know, the end of the war, and you think about how war is really in our horizon. Now we'd rely on our ally and our ally is America.
Speaker 3: Here we are treating them.
Speaker 20: With such disdain and disgust. And will I just feel like, what is this prime minister, this pseudo prime minister doing. I mean, the man is probably this is his moment that is like Julia Gillard's you know, the no carbon tax or the Pink bacts. I mean, surely Australia is waking up that he is incompetent. He should not be our prime minister. He's trying to grandstand on the world stage. He hasn't got a clue and he hasn't thought this through. He is basically supporting terrorism while he's on.
Speaker 3: The side of terror.
Speaker 4: And on a day where we're selling celebrating, you know that the eightieth anniversary, we've got our prime minister on the side of terror, not the side of our freedom.
Speaker 3: And values like our soldiers were.
Speaker 4: So I think it's that, it's actually just it's a really another sad week, shameful week. Now I had to give my loser this week to Rosie o'donald.
Speaker 3: You're a fan, aren't you. I've got her on my wall. I knew it.
Speaker 4: I knew this was exactly why I picked this start tonight now because now she's coming to Australia in October. Pru's already getting tickets and she announced it and then she dropped this number this week.
Speaker 9: Have a look.
Speaker 18: Black out the system, black out the system.
Speaker 3: Black out the system. And doesn't that what I mean?
Speaker 4: Well, apparently it means to black out the United States economy go dark for a day.
Speaker 3: Where could we black out her blackhair around?
Speaker 20: Just look at the way I live.
Speaker 3: Get some bowtop.
Speaker 20: I mean, if you're coming out here to do shows, yeah, so dreary and boring.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, let's be honest, she's going to dedicate her show to talk about Trump. She's got nothing else to talk about in her sad, miserable life. Rosie o'donald should just trot out the usual Trump lines.
Speaker 20: Well, let's hope Australian's blackball her show and they do not go and see her, because don't.
Speaker 3: I might leave it yourself. If you do, love, I.
Speaker 20: Will actually know what because I'd Heckley at her, I would sit.
Speaker 4: In the front, would money I reckon you were, I'm gonna get your tickets.
Speaker 3: I'm going to get you misery. Nice to operate that. Absolutely, we're gonta leave it there. Pro good to say.
Speaker 4: We'll see you again next week and thank you so much for your company this evening. I'll be back seven pm Sunday night for denikra James Steve Price is next.
Speaker 3: Good night,