Speaker 1: From the Skyinging Center. This is Paul Murray Live. Thank you, Charon, and let me be clear, I am of course going to talk about that interview, but I won't go out to the top. There's lots of other things to get to, including tonight's no silks, no left He's glad you are here. Speaking of that interview, we'll brought apart in a moment or two time, including something that may will explain why everything was a little bit cranky on both sides of that interview. We'll get to that in a second. Some strange bedfellows are joining us under the dinner as we try to fight the plan of this government to censor the Internet. And my favorite lady in the world of my favorite sports supercars, the beautiful Betty Clemenco.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 1: It is the second Peter Brook Trophy behind it. We'll have a chat about our Go Chico Go and her and a team one Baptist on the weekend. But first we've got some problems to the top end of the labor party. At the moment we know the Prime Minister is well obviously tone deaf when it comes to splashing out on the four million dollar joint. When any people are not able to hold onto their own homes, let alone find a love little joint for when eventually it's time to move on. But I also want to talk about the Deputy Prime Minister. This is a story which has sort of come and gone. It crested while I was away for a couple of days. But I want to get back to this for a second, and it's for once, not a story about him jumping on and off private military jets to the great tune of millions of dollars. Richard Males's former chief of staff has now started a series of proceedings against the employer of people inside the Parliament. She was his chief of staff and credit to the Guardian, who you wouldn't think would be the ones that would be leading the charge, but they did, with the exclusive story of her time in and around the Deputy Prime Minister's office. Now I don't know what happened, but here's what she says happened.
Speaker 3: I know it won't be long now before I am bullied out of this place completely. The events of the last five months have been devastating. Cut from my job and ostracized without warning.
Speaker 1: Now there's a reason I'm bringing this up tonight again to the nexus of things about what she did or didn't apparently tell her boss, the still Deputy Prime Minister, Richard Marts.
Speaker 3: During the flight home from an official trip to Ukraine and late April, I raised concerns privately with the Deputy Prime Minister about some bullying behavior within the office. He acknowledged the concerns, restated the value he placed in me and my work, and said we should have a chat about it. However, when we returned to Australia, he called me and in direct response to the concerns I had raised, he made it clear that I should start looking for alternative employment.
Speaker 1: And finally, why she is thinking about seeking that alternative employment.
Speaker 3: What I want is for people to know the truth and for Richard Miles, as well as those who have enabled his behavior, to be held accountable for what has happened.
Speaker 1: Now again, I don't know what happens behind closed doors. We've been here before when it comes to Canbra. Those are her claims, and I wanted to let you see what she had to say. But I want you to imagine that that was about a week ago, that if the Deputy Prime Minister was Barnaby Joyce not Labour's Richard Martz, would there have been the long stretches of silence like there have been this week around this story. Now we know in previous matters, when the entire press gallery wants to they get Cambra Colombo and who knew what? And when? And on which day? And what here? And here's the photo here? And who checked in here? And what time do they walk in and out of this? You know what they can do. You know that it can become a total obsession from the shallow end of the pond all the way through to the supposedly award winning classy journalists who we know have done plenty of reporting in and around the Canberra bubble, but no a ten really to follow up on what's happening in this situation? Does this government have a problem with the way that it is treating its staff now? So much so and so confident is the government that they will not receive the same treatment as a Liberal or National Party minister would receive that. Richard Marles was up on television this morning doing his regular roundabouts on all of the different breakfast shows, and full credit to Peter Stefanovic when it was his turn to talk to to the Deputy Prime Minister. He decided to ask him about this story. The story that, as I say, if it was about Barnaby Joyce when he was the deputy Prime Minister, it would be all day, every day, every paper, every headline, every six pm us every single day, with all the different calls for investigations, resignations, questions to be answered, standing down while things are being investigated. But as I say to Peter stevean Ovik this morning, because he went straight.
Speaker 2: In the.
Speaker 4: Minister, have you reached out to your former chief of staff since she made claims about treatment in your office.
Speaker 2: Look, Peter, excuse me.
Speaker 5: I spoke about this in the Parliament last week.
Speaker 2: You know, obviously this is a matter which.
Speaker 5: Is of great sadness to me that we are in the circumstances that we're in, and I said that in the Parliament last week. But this now really is in the hands of lawyers, and so I'm very limited in what I can say.
Speaker 1: Pete wasn't going to take that.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's fine, I accept all of that. I'm just asking if you've reached out to her and asked if she was okay.
Speaker 2: Well, again, I'm not going to. I'm not going to. I'm not really in a.
Speaker 5: Position to go into any about it.
Speaker 2: As I said, you know, last week.
Speaker 4: I jove out to it and pick up a phone caller.
Speaker 2: A long time has worked with me over long period, and she.
Speaker 5: Is a wonderful person and I'm very grateful for the service that she's comparted.
Speaker 4: I haven't picked up the phone to call us.
Speaker 5: This matter of really now is in the hands of lawyers. But will Pete, this matter really is in the hands of lawyers, and by virtual of that, I'm very limited in what I can't say.
Speaker 1: Weld On Pete. It's why we love him, It's why you should watch him each and every day along with all of our other guys and girls here. They don't muck around. Right, Well done, Well done to all of them. But again I repeat, this story is now a week old, so therefore I talked about it last week. Nothing to see here, move on again. Does it not tell you about the inherent bias that exists when when the media wants to, they will go to the ends of the earth to interview any and every person possible. If they can move the ball one millimeter compared to the other person who's doing the same thing to try to push the story forward. I keep calling them the Canberra Columbos, trying to look under every rock and find something that's going on here. We've seen this in multiple times in multiple ways under the previous government, but why not in around this situation now? Again, I don't know what happened, all right. I don't know what this person was or wasn't like. I don't know what Miles is like behind I don't know, okay, and I'm not suggesting anything other than what I have presented to you this evening as what is publicly available. My comment is if the Deputy Prime Minister wasn't Richard Miles and it was Barnaby Joyce, would there have been a week's silence in and around this story. Now we know that the opposition leader, formerly now Prime Minister, made it very clear that he wanted to talk about the working environment, particularly for women, in and around Parliament. Quite famously he said this in and around all the matters to do at the height of the Morrison administration.
Speaker 6: We cannot ask the people we represent to make change without also making real and lasting change in this very building. We must, to put it simply, work the talk.
Speaker 1: The Prime Minister has made multiple media appearances since this story appeared in the past week. Why not relentless questioning of him, because the promise that he made in twenty twenty two has clearly fallen apart throughout the government of twenty two twenty three are now into twenty twenty four and moving away from the Richard Marle situation. There is of course some form that was out and about at the same time as everyone else wanted to talk about the Liberal Party's problem with female staffers, the great need to change everything, because it was only one sign of politics that had a problem. Remember more than fifty labor staffers who at the time were out and about on Facebook talking about their experiences with politicians current and former, some who may well be in the cabinet, the ministry, backbenches or people who served in all of those roles in years gone by. A reminder, the Prime Minister says, we must walk the talk. Well, clearly something's gone wrong when it comes to somebody pretty significant and senior, a chief of staff at the Deputy Prime Minister's office. Again, what I'm about to read you is not connected to anything to do with Richard Marles, and we'll be very clear with that this is just broader issues that again, if the media wanted to go and dig, they would have dug. But they didn't want to dig because there was only one problem they were going after. This is apparently a labour staffer talking about a labor MP or minister. I don't know which, I don't know when. He is a man who punches the wall next to female staffers heads, calling her dot dot when she passes on news he doesn't want to hear. Fifty five of these there were. He is a married man who plied young a young woman with drinks until she had no idea what was happening. He promised others at the Gatherer that he would get her home safely, but before putting her in a cab, he had sex with her and she had no ability to consent. The next day he texted her to demand that she took the morning after pill and blamed her for what happened, saying she was so drunk that she came on to him. He also threatened her to tell no one. When all this was out and about. At the height of the conversation about a need to deal with the workplace of Parliament. Former Deputy Labor Leader Jennie Macklin came out very publicly to say this was something that needed to be dealt with, but she, of course is no longer in the parliament. So my attention turns to the Environment Minister Tanya Plebasek, the Finance Minister Katie Gallaher and fellow cabinet member Annika Wells, because in response to the fifty five women who had something to say, this is what they wrote in reply, we see you, we hear you, and are truly sorry that you have had these experiences working in the party. As parliamentarians were committed to making sure that these matters are dealt with seriously and respectfully. If you want to take matters further, we will keep working on to change his culture so other women don't have to go what you have. That was in twenty twenty one. Something was clearly a miss that you see a high profile staffer come out and say what has been said a week ago. Yet despite the fact that you have three sitting members of the cabinet who the media should be going to for comment about the situation that happened in and around the executive officers of this federal government, nothing happens. The Prime Minister does multiple media appearances, nothing happens. The Deputy Prime Minister is so confident he will not get asked about it that he just books morning television appearances. Thankfully, Peter Stefanovic decided to bring it up. So I simply say this again. If it was Arnabie Joyce who was the Deputy Prime Minister, would this silence have been there? You and I both know it would not have been the case. So could somebody please explain to all those people who were so virtuous and so detailed last time, what are you doing this time? And why cost still number one issue in the country, regardless of what's happening in the other parts of the politics or of course overseas. And we all know that cost of living has got worse in this country because of the behavior of this federal government. Remember it was their decision to take fifteen hundred dollars automatically off ten million workers at the height of cost of living in twenty twenty three. Remember it got worse throughout twenty three and is even worse today. But we know the Prime Minister thinks well as in the same way that they were able to get away with a dozen interest rate rises because it was nothing to do with them. It wasn't the Reserve Bank responding to the government putting too much spending money into the economy and thus overstimulating it. No, no, no, no no. It was all that evil mustache twirling Reserve Bank people who keep putting up interest rates so we know. When it comes to cost of living, the Prime Minister thinks it's all about your local supermarket.
Speaker 6: My government is concerned about the price of what consumers pay at Couls and Woollies and other supermarkets. We want to make sure that consumers benefit from cheaper prices which are being paid. We're dead serious. We find it completely unacceptable that when supermarkets are getting goods cheaper the prices should go down.
Speaker 1: Well, the Prime Minister wants Australians to turn on the supermarkets. And yes, the supermarkets certainly when it comes to the agriple, ce have got cases to answer about some of the so called discounts that we're being put in front of them. But we've got a poll today that shows the Prime Minister may actually have his scapegoat that he can ride between now and the next election. The opinion poll which was released by the Channel nine newspapers. We're not reporting on their own organization. Well on Ali Langdon Tonight in particular, and well under Sharry Markson for making this story become what it has. In twenty twenty two, just twelve percent of people on a negative opinion about the supermarkets, twenty four percent in twenty twenty three, and now it's forty two percent, with thirty four percent neutral and just twenty three percent of people impositive. Oh, just miraculously to help the Prime Minister. The think tank that often supplies the ideas to the Greens that often get adopted by the Labor Party, the Australian Institute, says this. The new polling, which has been released by them today, finds that eighty three percent of oneenty fourteen people who they spoke to said that supermarkets deserved some blame or a great deal of blame when it came to the rising cost of living anger directed at supermarkets. It edged out the energy companies at eighty three percent, just one percent below the supermarkets, banks at seventy three percent, and the government at seventy one percent. Six out of ten people said that the most notable signs of increasing cost of living came from groceries twenty one percent, electricity utilities seven percent are noticing it when it comes to transport. Now again, I'm not going to sit here and seeing the tune of the supermarkets, but I am going to sing the fairness tune, which is as I said to you before. Anyone who thinks that the total cost of what you are charged at a supermarket is completely and totally for the profit margin of the supermarket does not understand how things work. Those packets don't grow there. They have to be sourced from a supply, They have to be transported, They have to be either chilled or in a place that soaks up thousands of dollars of power each and every week. Of course, the people who work in those supermarkets, their wages may well go up, or you may hire more people, meaning the cost of being the supermarket continues to go up. But I know that's not going to exist in the nuanced argument now that the Pignarda of the supermarket is going to be go from essential and absolute as it was in twenty twenty when all of those people were working their backsides off, when we didn't know what was going on when it comes to COVID to now, oh, the absolute front line of everything. That's terrible when it comes to cost of living. But just a little reminder, if the Prime Minister wants to keep going this way, there is going to be a problem which we have started to notice over a few months. The unions build the cat on this late last year, they repeat it this year. The number of people who are abusing the people who work for the supermarket. Now, let's be very clear, and the same way that the bank teller is not the CEO of the bank. The person who is stocking your groceries, is serving you at the deli, or is serving you at the checkout, is not the CEO of the supermarket. So the Prime Minister has to be careful here because while it's one thing to try to find the political pinard, the people who are actually getting verbally and at times physically hit are the people who are working on the front line for the supermarket. Here's the union.
Speaker 7: Eighty five percent of our members report ben abuse to the workplace over the last two years, fifteen to sixteen percent.
Speaker 8: Terribly, it's been actually physical assaults in the workplace.
Speaker 1: Now, what do you think could bring the Churches of Australia, the Australian Christian Lobby, and the Human Rights Commission all to the same conclusion at the same time. Well, none other than the great unifier in terms of bad ideas, the Prime Minister and his Communications Minister. Why because, as you know, they seek to censor the Internet. All of it's apparently about misinformation reality. As you know, it's the government deciding what is true, what is allowed to be spread. Pretty things that they don't want out there they would rule as disinformation using left wing fact checkers, and then bureaucrats working for the government would find a way to eventually get this stuff either removed from the Internet. Will make it so difficult or so annoying for the social media companies that they just won't post things that come from news organizations or comment pieces like what I delivered to you each and every night. In a story which was headlined about Sarah Hanson Young who cares, there is a little more detail in here that shows you about who is actually joining the fight that we have been on now for the best part of a year, about fighting the censoring of the Internet. Forget this misinformation garbage. It ain't about that it's about censoring the Internet. Let's start first with the Australian Christian Lobby today, who so that one of their concerns about this bill is that it has the potential to stifle the process through which knowledge moves on. The misinformation of today may be proven to be correct tomorrow correct see all the COVID stuff right. The new information may come to displace the incumbent orthodoxies of the day. This is the process of progress. The Australian Christian Lobbies Elizabeth Taylor goes on to sorry. The Human Rights Commission's Lorraine goes on to say today that we don't feel that the bill in its current form strikes the right balance in terms of protections that it provides, particularly for freedom of expression see Human Rights Commission. Right, they couldn't be left yet. And then of course you have traditional conservative values from the right in the churches. They're in the same place bin the bill. Do not censor the Internet the protections in and around freedom of expression. That's a harm that we say is very real based on the current drafting of the legislation, which by the way, is the same position of what the former drafting was. So they haven't fixed the bill. They just tried to throw a bit of glitter on it. But it's a harm that's actually very hard to measure because we simply don't know to what extent that self censorship might occur. Correct if you think that you may end up getting a fine, If the social media company thinks it may end up getting a fine, they will just go, you know what, We're just not doing this. Australia is just too small fry, which means the government gets to tell you what's true and not true, and if you have any form of evidence or an alternative opinion that you can back up that, like your old English teacher used to your math's teacher used to say, show working and you can show you working. Still, left wing fact checkers strike it bureaucrats, they issue the fine. The chilling effect is obvious. This is a country that, at the height of COVID, arrested a woman in her pajamas because she promoted promoted a rally, nothing else. Thousands of posts were pulled down, including jokes about Dan Andrews. I do not trust the same people who had that power to have more of it. You shouldn't either, And thank goodness we have both the churches and the Australian Human Rights Commission and most of the media organizations where we have been for a year, ditch this bad idea. So first it was Oprah Winfrey for Kamala Harris to tell us why she should be the next president of the United States. Of course this was really a campaign event and was more of an advertorial. Then of course there was the view where she got the standing ovation, yet still could an answer a question about what was different about the next four years in the last four years. Well, as you know today, she was on Fox News one and only time she'll turn up there, and she's doing so because she is behind in the polls. Now. I watched this thing live. I gave reaction to it live with Laura Jays. I was delighted to be on her program earlier today, and I've watched it a couple of times since, because my first sense was this strangely kind of agro tone at the very start of it from both the person asking the questions, who I thought did an excellent job, and of course Kamala Harris, who was there for the fight in order to get all of the left used to go yah, you took on Fox News. Well, this was supposed to be a thirty minute interview. It was supposed to start at five pm. It was supposed to conclude at five point thirty so the production team at Fox News would be able to turn it around and play it on the show the Brittbay hosts at six pm in the United States eight and every night. But guess what, she turned up light and they tried to shrink the amount of time, which might explain why he went in so hard so early. His Britt explaining how they tried to move the goalposts.
Speaker 9: So we were supposed to start at five pm. This was the time they gave us. Originally, we're going to do twenty five or thirty minutes. They came in and said, well maybe twenty. So it was already getting whittled down. And then the vice president showed up about five point fifteen. We were pushing the envelope to be able to turn it around for the top of the six o'clock. So that's how it started. And I could tell when we started talking that she was going to be tough to to, you know, redirect without me trying to interrupt her.
Speaker 1: Now without boring you about the technology, He normally works out of Washington, but as you can say, that interview was happening in Pennsylvania, which meant that it had to be sent back to the head office, which is why, as the tape is rolling, you have to stop it at the end and then turn it around. It's digital now, But you get my point. There is a little moment of time to turn things around. By deliberately turning up late and then trying to speed things up, she knows that there's going to be less time for the conversation. So Brett Baer basically decided to start the interview in the middle of the conversation and hit her straight between the eyes.
Speaker 9: How many illegal immigrants would you estimate your administration has released into the country over the last three and a half years.
Speaker 10: Well, I'm glad you raised the issue of immigration because I agree with you. It is a topic of discussion that people want to rightly have and you know what I'm going to talk about.
Speaker 2: But you're just a number.
Speaker 9: Do you think it's one million, three million?
Speaker 10: Brett, Let's just get to the point, okay. The point is that we have a broken immigration system that needs to be repaired.
Speaker 1: She doesn't know because she doesn't care. The answer is that it's millions of people. Some estimates are about ten some estimates at about six million. Think about that, ten million people crossing into your country from both the north and the south in less than four years. That is the population of entire states, That is the population of many significant cities. That is literally the population of well about a third of this country. He goes on to confront her with the names of people who have been killed by people who should not have been in the country. She, of course has no idea who these people are and wants to somehow make it Donald Trump's fault. Have a look at.
Speaker 9: This well and Hungary, Rachel Morn, Lincoln Riley. They are young women who were brutally assaulted and killed by some of the men who were released at the beginning of the administration well before and negotiated bipartisan bills as well, before Ronald Trump got involved in the politics. This is a specific policy decision by your administration to release these men into the country. So what I'm saying to you, do you know, I think an apology.
Speaker 10: Let me just say, first of all, those are tragic cases. There's no question about that, and there's no question about that, and I can't imagine the pain that the families of those victims experience. Happened to days determine whether we have a president of the United States who actually cares more about fixing a problem, even if it is not to their political advantage in an election. Because there was a solution, Brett ma and.
Speaker 9: Vice President, it was a policy decision in the early part of your administration.
Speaker 1: I relect the borderie.
Speaker 10: The Biden Harris administration. Open border policies are responsible for the death of my daughter.
Speaker 9: That's the early days. So do you hold them an apologies?
Speaker 2: I shall tell you.
Speaker 10: That I am so sorry for her last. I'm so sorry for her last. Sincerely, what about a story, But let's talk about what is happening this with an individual who does not want to participate in solutions.
Speaker 1: That is a whole other level. Right now. We all know politicians, when they get asked a question they don't want to answer, they'll try to find a way out of it. The question is direct, excellent idea, excellent idea to play grabs by the way to her. So she saw all of that, so she can't proteend she doesn't know she sees the brevity, she sees the seriousness of the situation off to Donald Trump. And by the way, when she talks about some sort of border fix, this bill that never was going to happen. It was going to let in five thousand people a day before they would close the border. Times through sixty five, it's more than a million more than a Midian people under her fix, by the way, would still be able to wander into the country, potentially going on to work or in some cases commit crimes. By the way, a person who crossed into the border under this administration has just been arrested recently. Their plan was a terrorist attack on election day. Yet to lefties immigration, it's just some sort of coded racism thing. No, no, it's a safety thing. If you don't have a boarder, you don't have a country. There is nothing wrong with that position. Well, this garbage, of course, it all just goes on where the real purpose of her going on Fox News was to gin up all of the people who were already voting for her by dialing it up to eleven and going as hard as Joe Biden did when he was losing in the polls by a very significant margin. But it was all about Donald Trump is the next coming of the devil.
Speaker 10: He's unstable.
Speaker 9: Stable, he is unstable, he's not well. You say, he's mentally not stable as you and many interviewers.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable. Nice. They put the ramp in for Joe just in case he was going to turn up by the way during the interview, and finally the whole thing was wrapped up by her staff. They know how bad this was. As much as Twitter's going to news, you put them in their place? Did you see a president just then? I didn't when I saw that thirty minutes.
Speaker 10: And best fighting force in the world.
Speaker 9: Madam Vice president and giving me a hard rap.
Speaker 2: Well, I thank you for the time.
Speaker 9: I thank you for the time to me too, Thank you very much, thank you.
Speaker 1: She hated every second of it. It had all the warmth of I haven't been through one, but I'm assuming what it's like to divide your property up during a divorce. Why did she go on? She had an opportunity to speak to people who wouldn't normally see her for thirty minutes, and she would be able to turn around and say, look, break, let's calm down, let's have a conversation. There was why she could have changed that. Instead, the whole point was, Oh, I'm just here with the zoo animals. Look how crazy they all are. So let's look at the reviews first. Ben Shapiro, I think I agree with his worldview here.
Speaker 11: Kamala Harris just completed her interview with Brett Baer on Fox News and it was, as advertised, a complete bleep show. Wow wow, wow, wow wow. I thought it was not going to be great. I did not think it was going to be that not great.
Speaker 1: Iiver on MSNBA say, of course, she's a bomber in a pant suit.
Speaker 8: Moments ago, Harris even ventured into the hostile television territory. The Vice President managed to wrestle away from migrant crisis fear marngering to address the stakes of this election.
Speaker 1: Showing footage of the family members of three women who have been killed as a result of the As for the middle I probably agree with this too. Mark Halprin is a man who is well known to those of us that are obsessed with American politics, or at least talk about it a lot on the TV. He says not much.
Speaker 7: Most people I've talked to, in my own judgment is it's not going to impact the race. She did well in some ways, I think, in poorly in others. I think if you're inclined to be critical of her, you'd say she was evasive, you'd say she was angry, you'd say that she was overrehearsed, and you'd say she didn't deliver a sound bye. And she had a phrase she used a couple of times on tough questions, I will enforce the law for the laws of the nation. To me, that's rape to become the new no controlling legal authority. It's a meaningless expression.
Speaker 1: The latest polls tonight, Donald Trump, on the average is in front in most, if not all, of the swing states. There was also a pole which is put out by Fox News Today that shows that Trump is actually winning in the national vote fifty to forty eight. When it comes to the issues, Donald Trump is preferred by voters on the war in the Middle East, the economy, crime, guns, taxes, as well as immigration. Kamala Harris has a clear lead on election integrity, health care, climate change, and of course abortion. But also worth voting here too, is about whether people are voting for or against a candidate. In this Fox News poll, sixty six percent of people who plan to vote Democrat are doing so to vote for Harris, thirty five percent of voting against Trump. That's why the whole tone of her interview was the against Trump bit. As for those that are voting Republican, eighty percent of voting for Trump and less than twenty percent are voting against Harris. Lots more between now and then we will discuss this and a whole lot more, including some big news of the day and whether the Prime Minister and his deputy are just getting a bit too big for their bridges. We'll talk about that, Nooks, no Lefties, and the wonderful Benny Clemenco reflecting on a great battist win. We're only halfway through four monthly life Thanks watch. Thank you to my mate Heath, who's just sent me a text message saying that I look with the black shirt like Philip Adams.
Speaker 2: Is that a compliment?
Speaker 1: I'm watching you. I hope you're having a good time mate, All the best of your dad too. All right, let's get into it right now. None other than Michael Kroger, who is well, he's ready to well just walk the streets of Melbourne inform people about their opinions. And the otherwise. You know, free hugs, all the rest of it. Henry Pike, of course, as a member of the LMP and the Federal Parliament, joins us now from Brisbane, Michael, let's talk about the Prime Minister and his deputy. Now. It feels like these guys are so confident that the worst possible result out of the next election is a minority government. And that's fine. They're all lefties, they'll back us all in that. It doesn't matter if you're buy the house for four and a bit million dollars. It doesn't matter if there's issues when it comes to the staffing. Again, I don't want to get into the weeds on that, but it's just they are carrying themselves with something that is above confidence and we're starting to get to a level of hubris here that I think people can smell. Am I just a hater? Or do you smell a t No?
Speaker 12: No, no, no, you're not a year You smell it and everyone can smell everyone can see it. Don't forget four point three million dollar purchase price attracts two hundred and twenty thousand dollars in additional stamp duty as well. By the way, so it's over four point five million when you add in the state government's five percent. No mate, I'm gobsmacked that a person like Albow who has built his brand on the fact that he came from Struggles Street to Quite Alan Jones to the position where he is now as primus the country but playing as a property develop a property investor. I mean, he's been a public service salary and MP's salary for twenty eight years. But he's able to be built up millions. He's built up millions and millions of dollars in profits. Good luck to him. Clever investing, Nothing wrong with that, but when you know, if you're making your name as a property developer, a property spooker, that's how I made my money. Fine, But his whole backstory has been you know, I'm just a poor boy from a from a housing can property and to throw it in the face of everybody, he've been effectively four point five million a few months before an election. Given the house in cristis high infrastrates, people can't put food on the table. I mean, this guy gives every impression he's headed for the exit, doesn't. He's about to get married and he's waught a.
Speaker 2: Hole of the house.
Speaker 12: He looks like he's headed for the exit. And after twenty nine years in Parliament, which will be next March, he's saying to people, are one another four for thirty three years?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 12: Is he going to go the full next term? This guy's headed for the exit and everyone can smell it, mate.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean the other thing, Henry is it's this sense of it again. It is just this sense we can do no wrong because even when we do do wrong, we know the media won't follow up, right, which brings us again back to that, to that question in and around if it had been a liberal minister, a liberal prime minister, I mean again, right, I'm not wailing on Barnaby, but we get the point right if the names were different. Oh, we're forensic on who on what day and where and what and quick you know, off to four Corners and seventeen special episodes of seven thirty report, but no such inquiry here. I know that there's nothing surprising about this, but it is worth underlining to people watching about that often bias comes through omission. What they won't talk about, what they won't follow up, what they won't go Canberra Columbo on you're exactly right, Paul. There's obviously two standards.
Speaker 13: And of course if something like this, if either of these stories that occurred in the dying days of the last government, this would have been weeks of media coverage. Both these stories have largely run their course now, but I think for most astraints are looking at these and going, well, why why are they so distracted? Why is the Prime Minister focusing on is where he's going to be living in his retirement. Why is the Deputy prime Minister worried about his staffing arrangements and what's going on in there. We don't want them distracted. We want them focusing on what matters to them. They should be having a laser like focus on what matters to people right now, including the cost of living crisis, and instead all they're seeing is distraction from this government.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Buddy Oath they are. But we remain laser focused. We will continue to do so. Former staff of the Gillard Rudd time was out and about writing in the channelin newspapers this week that minority government.
Speaker 2: Is it really that bad?
Speaker 1: Michael? If that's where we seem to be headed, given where the polls are, would you like to remind this person and everyone else watching right now. What having to ask half a dozen people every single time you want to pass anything, including a motion to wrap up and go to dinner, is going to be a problem for the country.
Speaker 12: This will be a disasked if you think, if you think the senate's a disaster as it is, a government never knows whether they're going to get their legislation through or not. They've got a horse trade all day, all night, right, their legislation comes out as a dog's breakfast in the end. That by two I mean in the lower House we're going to have a minority government. If Albo gets gets he's not going to get He's not going to have a minority government, zero chance of that. But he's going to get. You know, I've got him on six. If he gets a few more than that, he cobbles together a few Greens and others, Yeah, it's accurately possible he'll get back to seventy six and be in government. What a mess that would be. I mean, he's going to need eight or ten cross benches to support him when he's trying to get legislations through. They'll give him support on supply and confidence if he can cobble seventy six together. But as you say, every piece of legislation, every division, every question time, questions, the whole thing will be a complete fiasco. And in the end, I think the other people can smell. People can smell this is coming, and they're not lying it. That's why I think that'ton the slight favorite to win this election. Made as I said last week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean Henry even down to very practical matters, right, So for whatever reason, you can't be in Canberra that day, so you've got the issue this thing called a pair right where your vote matches off the other person's vote when you need everything, they're never given out. Just the practicality of those three years might be great for the Teals to say, oh, well we're going to be at the heart of the conversation, We're going to be right in the middle of things. But the reality is that it is just this dog's breakfast.
Speaker 13: It will be a complete dog's breakfast. But beyond the practicality is what I'm really worried about is where the ideological direction will go. If you think way Albanezy government is bad, now imagine I how farther left they're going to be pulled by the Teals and the Greens. And don't forget that the Teals are way out there on a lot of these policy issues in further than the Greens. So if they're the ones who are calling the shots and have a gun to the Prime Minister's head, this is going to be an absolute disaster for the country and it's going to make those Gillard years that we're written about this week really do look like a Golden Nearer in comparison.
Speaker 1: Now we all know that the Queensland Labor government is superfluous too. Needs hopefully the good people of Queensland they flush, as I have said in the past, they get the domestos out, get rid of the stains, goodbye. All right, all the Poles seem to point in that direction. But but bah bah bah bah, but no, not ihing is inevitable in twenty nineteen. Federally, don't assume your neighbor's going to do it. Make sure that your preferences they matter. All of that stuff is vitally important when it comes to the polling question. The exit polling seemed very good, where there was a growth in labor in a Liberal part or LNP vote in some seats of twenty five percent. But Cruci Fooley says, yep, great, awesome, I'll ride the wave, but I ain't saying we've done it yet. They're not the numbers of drivers.
Speaker 4: They can't be when you think about what Queensland's going through at the moment.
Speaker 1: We've got an ambulance ramping at forty five percent.
Speaker 2: That drives me.
Speaker 1: All right, Henry, You're going to be confident but nervous because you obviously want the same result that most people watching this program, certainly myself and Michael would like as well. I think Chris a fully and the LMP deserve will and truly a shot at it. But is there anything that you want to urge your colleagues when it's down to the crossing of the t's and the dotting of the eyes here, because it seems to me like twelve is a lot of seats to win. Even on the exit pole they were showing of the team that they looked at, Okay, maybe eight you could start to say, hitting your way, well, eight eight, twelve.
Speaker 13: I've been out of the prepole boots every day this week and I can tell you there's definitely a mood for change. But that's only the very early voters. These are the most organized people, and that's the people who've been pulled through this exit pole. What I'm worried about is what's going to bring you know, what's going to come forward next week, what's going to happen on the actual day. But what I've been really pleased about is, you know, David Chris of Foley, Jared Blair, they were out on the polls with me this week and I was really impressed by.
Speaker 1: Their work, ethic and their approach to it.
Speaker 13: I don't think they're going to leave any stone unturned, and I don't think they're going to take anything for granted. But my message to Queenslanders would be, do not waste your vote. Make sure you put one in that LMP box and make sure if you really want to get that domestos out as you're mentioning, make sure you actually get it done.
Speaker 2: Don't waste that vote.
Speaker 1: Don't worry they keep the tape. When I say that it was not grade four years ago, I think it'll be fine in a couple of weeks time. All right, let's talk about Harris on Fox today. Did she do herself any damage? Michael, because look, either she was terrible. She didn't answer questions, she was combative, She deliberately turned up late, trying to shrink the amount of time that was there. She was obviously talking to an audience that one would assume wasn't going to vote for her anyway. But to me, she pitled away an opportunity to just get one vote, one vote that she didn't have before the start.
Speaker 2: Of that interview.
Speaker 1: Instead, she was off there pretending Donald Trump's the big problem, and the reality is she's Her closing message is what Biden was trying to push up Hill for two years.
Speaker 12: Mate, I'm getting too old to waste twenty two minutes of my life on watching Kamala Harris being interviewed by Brett Baer. I mean, it's what I say about listening to Kevin Rudd. You know, it's like listening to Rudd. It's time, ladies and gentlemen, you'll never get back right. The clock ticks, life goes forward. You know, you age day by day, minute by minute, mate, and you can't say to far the time I want that twenty two minutes back. I'll be honest, mate. I thought she was utterly atrocious. It was embarrassing. It was a train wreck. I can't believe those commentators that fellow out on before and say, oh, well she wasn't great, but that was a train wreck. I mean, how many illegal immigrants have come across the border. It went downhill from there. She is just an actor, right, she is an actor. I've seen this many times in politics. Her advisors will beIN there right at the meeting three months ago. She'll say, listen, I don't know much. I'm not a real politician. I was a lawyer, I was a prosecutor. I fell into this job as VP because all the reasons she was appointed. We know, I'm not really across the policy. I know nothing about foreign policy. I know nothing about economics. You know, I'm very left wing on all these issues. What am I going to do? They'll have said, the only way to get you through is here are ten stock phrases. You use, correct and we'll change.
Speaker 2: As we go through.
Speaker 12: Just trot out these phrases if you don't know the answer, trot out the phrase about your mother, trot out the phrase about turning the page. And then went in doubt just to tack, just go just blather on about Trump. And that's what she's been doing for three months. She should never have done the interview. The problem she's got is the American public appear right at the last minute to be working her out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fingers cross, fingers crossed anyway, Henry, who's you win or a loser this week? Mate?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 13: I think the big loser this week was Stephen Miles with jumping the shark on this school lunch's policy, which has gone down like.
Speaker 1: A lead balloon up here.
Speaker 2: And I don't think he is.
Speaker 13: I think he threw out everything that was left with his credibility and got nothing for it.
Speaker 1: I'm with you. Thank you, guys. Michael. You can text me yours and I'll read it out a little bit later. Thank you. We're standing.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 1: Betty crog A, Petty Kroger. Goodness met Betty Clemento, boss of Erebus, the captain of the ship of my favorite team in my favorite sport. She's next. You know, supercass is my favorite sport, my favorite team and it is Erebus and as you know by now, they won Bathist. Betty Clemenco is the lady who is the one who sets the tone for this team. Proudly Australian loves the fans and puts Bathist above everything else. You saw how happy she was on Sunday. Let's see how she's going this Thursday night. Betty Clemenko, Congratulations, Darlin, thank you so much.
Speaker 14: I'm you know, I don't think it's sunk in yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. Now I've got to say, apart from anything else, congratulations. By the way, the synergy between your team and Chico, the Chicko role is back, like like you know, one incredible perform. Can you believe how much chicko role talk there is this week?
Speaker 14: Well, they totally sold out within like a fifty kilometer radius of Bathist, of all the Chico roles, Chico themselves sold out in the first couple of hours on the Sunday, and so many people said, oh, I haven't had one for so long, I think I'll have one.
Speaker 5: And they really nice.
Speaker 1: They are bloody fantastic. I'm just looking behind you right now, obviously, second time you've won Baptist and the distance between those two a lot's happened. That's great and all the rest of it. What's it like to have two of them behind you? Now? Is it starting? You're starting to notice that both of them or you know, you don't play favorites amongst your puppies. You wouldn't dare amongst your trophies, right.
Speaker 14: No, but this one, this one was special. This one was This one was done in a different way. We were very calm, We were very Everything was perfect, We did everything. We practiced so hard. The boys practiced for months before. The drivers were all very calm. Everyone was just very calm. And except for me at the very end, and I was shaking, holding on to a toolkit.
Speaker 1: Well, and how is Daniel, of course, your equal half, your beautiful husband. He's always just no drama, like he never showed.
Speaker 14: Up, no drama, was sitting there chatting away, and I'm looking at him like out of the corner of my are going come on, come and stand next to me, you know, two minutes to go, And finally, like halfway through the last lab he says, when they get to the chase, we'll go outside.
Speaker 1: You have been relentlessly kind to me over the years to give me the chance to stand beside you at races to watch how it all works. Obviously should have been there this weekend alas I made the wrong choice and went to Queensland, that's my fault. But at the start of this year, right you'd come off the title, there was all this drama and garbage and all the rest of it. I'm not going to try to go through that, but I remember us sitting there talking about, okay, all right, you know here we are in the number one garage. That was last year, but who knew what the year was going to hold. And that was at Bathist and then again to see that the next time you come back to Bathist you walk out his champion. The pressure that you must put on yourself to maintain success, but I'd imagine trying to return to success would be even harder, isn't it.
Speaker 14: Well, well, yes it is. But Arebis is very well known for fighting and we love to be the underdog. We love to be to do the hunting, not being the hunted. And when we were thrown right back on the grid, all the way back down the bottom, it was like, okay, fine, we're down here, this is Bathurst.
Speaker 7: We're going to win.
Speaker 14: It doesn't matter what garage we're in.
Speaker 2: And.
Speaker 14: We we just have this this this urge to win when we're when we're down. And I think they did as a favor by putting us down the back because the urge to fight and win and to be perfect was so strong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bloody oath, bloody oath. Now I've got to say before I let you go, thank you for constantly backing that traditional Australia that we talk about every night, that you know I believe in, you believe in and I love that the Army logos on the car, the Australian flag is on the car. You are somebody. I've seen it with my own eyes and in fact, I think you've even tisted me once when I wasn't standing to attention appropriately during the national anthem. How important is it that you have all of that that comes with this sporting team as well? Very important?
Speaker 14: You know I've been known to you at my crew they know if they're wearing a helmet, visor up, head down. And you know, Australia means a lot to me because of what it gave to my father and it saved him. He came from a wartorn Europe and everything that they gave him.
Speaker 1: I need to carry on that. Thanks, well, We're glad that you do. Congratulations Betty. I can't wait to give you a hug if you're on the goal.
Speaker 2: It'll be there.
Speaker 1: If not, we'll find you in Adelaide. Otherwise, I'll just find a way. Go check go go, Darlan
Speaker 2: H.