Speaker 1: This podcast is being recorded and produced on gadiicle Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and elders past present.
Speaker 1: We extend our respect to any First Nations Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people joining.
Speaker 2: Us today, always was, always will be Aboriginal Land.
Speaker 1: I'm Britney Saunders and I'm.
Speaker 2: All right hey, and this is High Scrollers, the podcast version of your favorite group chat.
Speaker 1: If it's trending, going viral, or has you gripped, we're talking about it coming.
Speaker 2: Up on this episode. We are influencing and deinfluencing the whole episode, long dull. We've got some things that you definitely need to avoid in your life and lots of things that you probably should try if you haven't.
Speaker 1: Before, including tinting your nipples.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, I can't wait to talk about that.
Speaker 1: Plus I have gotten the upgrade of my life and Matt was there to experience it with me and I celebrated with a wet pussy shot.
Speaker 2: Yeah you did, baby, And I'm going to tell you all about my I Nobu experience. I'm sure you've heard a little bit online this week after a few bits went viral, but I'll tell you the whole story here on Hi Scrollers deal me and Dole.
Speaker 1: Let's go. Good morning, Matthew.
Speaker 2: Can I just say I hate when you start the podcast like that. I feel like I'm a child in trouble at school.
Speaker 1: What do you want me to say?
Speaker 2: Kindergarten?
Speaker 1: Okay, what do you want me to say?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Instead, what do you want to I'm not going to tell you what you can and can't do. You can you can absolutely do that?
Speaker 1: You know something like it? Someone actually tagged me. You probably saw it too last night. Someone tagged me. Let me just get it up. Olivia tagged us in a story of hers.
Speaker 2: No, I haven't seen this.
Speaker 1: Why are all podcasts to best friends?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, I did see this.
Speaker 1: I want a podcast that's two sworn enemies, just two bitches that absolutely hate each other. And then she tagged us and said, all right, hey, Britneys is going to need you to have that fight.
Speaker 2: What can we find about?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but I feel like we don't always agree on everything. I would say we disagree more than agree.
Speaker 2: Yeah, actually that's probably true. I guess we don't disagree like I have a fight about it. Yeah, we just we both have different opinions and go all right.
Speaker 1: Then next, we actually have a special guest in the studio with us today, but we're going to withhold that guest because it's for close friends, right, Yeah, and it's my Nan. She is sitting in the studio right now listening.
Speaker 2: Into this conversation. She's looking absolutely.
Speaker 1: Beautiful in her green CARDI it's a.
Speaker 2: Very exciting day. It is Britney's Nan, because she just went in a tunnel for the first time.
Speaker 1: Yes, I gave her my phone when we were going through the tunnel and just like got her to record her face and talk and so are we putting that up somewhere, But yeah, NaN's been in the tunnel, in a tunnel lane cove, to be precise. And I took her to seven to eleven to meet George. At seven we're runga. I always forget nice.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I've taken Aj to meet him too.
Speaker 2: Everyone Poor George, I'm thinking, poor George.
Speaker 1: George said that Nana and I have the same eyes but different color. Oh nice, Yeah, cute observation.
Speaker 2: Gorgeous. I'm like, honestly, you know, I've been in my clubbing era lately, Yeah. I went out on the weekend, which is why I'm a little bit rusty at the moment. After my show on Friday night, we had a big weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right'd you go? Where'd you go?
Speaker 2: I went to ask they had like a Lady Gaga club night. Anyway. You know, I've been in my clubbing era for a while. It might be over the thirties. They're coming up thick and fast. I have never felt so geriatric in my life. Sorry, Honor, I know you're in the building today, but I'm feeling very old at the moment. I'm turning thirty this year and everything feels like it's falling past. I've got bruises on me that can I actually show you the bruce that I've got. Look at this bruce on my knee. I'll stand up for you.
Speaker 1: Can you see that the big pink thing? Why is it pink?
Speaker 2: Because it's bright, bloody red and bulbous and I don't your knees on a dance. I have no clue. And I've got bruises all up the side of my hips. I've got it on my bum my. Bum has never been so sore. I don't know. Britney I've woken up and I am I'm a shell of a human being today. The club, sorry, the club.
Speaker 1: I can't even handle you right now.
Speaker 2: I don't think any building can at this point.
Speaker 1: I honestly, any building.
Speaker 2: Na Nah, check the foundations honestly because I can't. So my clubbing year I just wanted to put it out there. I feel is officially over, but I feel like.
Speaker 1: We still need to have a clubbing night one time.
Speaker 2: Well, you know I have tried to coerce you a few times. Oh my gosh. Well, let's talk about last week.
Speaker 1: Actually this kind of rolls into my real flush. Kick off the royal Flushes. Then we'll get onto our story for Tuesday night.
Speaker 2: Sounds good, but I'm just gonna I'm gonna let you know, just bear with me today because I'm broken and I feel.
Speaker 1: You're feeling old, even though my eighty five year old.
Speaker 2: Nan is exactly exactly.
Speaker 1: Sorry Nan, Okay, Well, let's kick it off with our royal flushes. You all know what our royal flush is. It's the best thing that we've seen on the internet this week, or just the best thing in general. I'm breaking the rules a little bit today because mine isn't the best thing I saw on the internet, but I did make a video out of it, so therefore I feel like this can be a royal flush. Matt and I had to come down to Sydney on Tuesday after the long weekend because we're doing this really cool photo shoot for Nova, which would be sure to share the photos. I saw a sneak peak the day after and they looked freakin' awesome. We went to this laundromat. We didn't really know what was going on, but it was great.
Speaker 2: We thought though that we were going to a laundromat that would be like closed down for the for this for the purpose of us doing the photo.
Speaker 1: Sho It was like booked out.
Speaker 2: No, we're taking photos and people are literally doing their washing around us speaking I'm in a dress and heels and feathers and oh my god.
Speaker 1: But what surprised me was how much the people didn't care at all that we were in there. Like there was like five or six of us and it's a tiny little laundromat on the side of the street, like it's not a huge thing. They're just shoving their undies in while we're posing next to them.
Speaker 2: And obviously like when they would walk in, we'd hop out of the way. And yes, they were a proper customer, you know, but I thought we'd have like, you know, special access or like you know, we closed off probably laundromat.
Speaker 1: But it's gonna look amazing because I saw the photos. Anyway, I came down to Sydney for Tuesday, and then I was coming back here on Wednesday, so staying the night in Sydney because you all know I hate doing two Sydney trips in one week. So I had April with me and we went to our Westfield Miranda store first, came and did the shoot with Matt, and then I was feeling a little yolo and and I was staying for the night, and then I said, you know what, April, I'm just going to book us a room at the Crown, like the fancy hotel in Sydney. Oh, we can't see it from here, but it's really nice. I don't know how new it is. Whatever. Book the most basic room there because they're really expensive. And I said, let's go out for dinner at No Boot because No Boo is in the Crown. So I booked that and then we did our shoot with Matt, and then I said to Matt, come out for dinner with us because we're going to No Boo and Matt's like, all right, all right, anyway, this is my Royal Flush. April and I are driving to the Crown and I said, I'm going to be really nice at the check in. I'm going to be really nice at the reception, because you know how they say if you're like really nice, you might get an upgrade or whatever. Just thinking like that's not going to happen. We get there anyway, we got upgraded to the suite at the Crown, which is like nothing I've ever seen before. The guy from the reception walked us into the hallway where the elevators are to go to the regular rooms, but we went beyond that and there was these massive double doors. He tapped a card and it opened and it was like a private lift that only goes to the suites. So he took us up. He took us through. I can't even explain the room. It was just like nothing I've ever seen. So we got the upgrade and that's my Royal Flush. And then I'm messaging Matt saying, get the fuck you need to come and see.
Speaker 2: This, and I'm going, how good? Because this could the sweet be Let me tell you I have like a pretty good sized apartment that I live in. This was probably four times the size of.
Speaker 1: Myment and it's a one bedroom suite.
Speaker 2: The bedroom itself was as big as my apartment. But you stayed at my apartment, don't That bedroom was just as big.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, it was like I felt like, this is what it's like to be a card ash in, Like they would stay in that shit like it's nothing. April and I were jumping up and down as soon as the guy walked out the room, like screaming. April I had tears rolling down her eye.
Speaker 2: April was private, what about you going? I was like, oh, before we go to dinner, I've got to do a wee and you were like, no, sit down to weak because you need to feel how hot the toilet seed is.
Speaker 1: It was one of those heated ones. You walk in, the lid goes up and then it played some like water sounds, so it's not quite in there. The seat is heated. If you want to take the toilet seat up, you just press a button so that you know you don't have to touch the toilet seat it's got a bidet. It's fucking amazing. And if I made straight away, I made a TikTok and I made it reel, so if you haven't seen it already, it's on my pages. So I did make some content out of it, of course, and maybe that was their whole intention. Maybe they saw my name because then people were commenting like, people saw your name and that's why you got the upgrade.
Speaker 2: But I think for me, no, I think Crown would have people who are literally employed.
Speaker 1: To scour the names of Yes.
Speaker 2: When you go to get a book and come through and either that person has just recognized your name or they've tied Britney Saunders into Google and all your stuff has come up. Like that's literally I.
Speaker 1: Feel like I need to email them and be like, thank you so much for the upgrade. I was upgraded to the suite. I will be back soon.
Speaker 2: I had some content here if you'd like to see.
Speaker 1: Would you link them to it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah I would, Yeah I would.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have to do that because now I'm like, I don't think I can never stay in any other hotel, but I think that room's like three or four thousand dollars for one night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is the problem. See, I flew business class once and I never stopped. Yeah, and it's really bad. It's really bad. Oh, but I just love that I sat down to we on the toilet, which was very warm, and you were just you were peering through the glass looking at me. Was trying to get my reaction.
Speaker 1: The ribs had like this one way glass kind of situation, like I could.
Speaker 2: See Brittany, but she couldn't see in unless she put her eyes right up to the glass. I'm just trying to pee in peace, and she's like, how is it, you know, looking through the glass. Yeah, that's my royal.
Speaker 1: Flush getting upgraded. And then you joined us for dinner, which was awesome.
Speaker 2: Which my Royal flush kind of has to do with dinner. But like, how funny about Noboo that I got those little tacos, made a video and now everyone it's gone. It went crazy, Yeah, on both reels and TikTok, because sometimes like a video will do really well on reels and then you put on TikTok and it just doesn't work, and then vice versa. Something goes really well on TikTok and then you put it on reels and it doesn't work there, so but they went off on both and it's just so funny. I don't know how much those tacos were like sixteen dollars or something, and.
Speaker 1: They were like the size of your pointer finger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like it's small, but I will say, can I can I say that. I just don't think Nobu was all that and more for the hike, just like didn't.
Speaker 1: Live like once or twice. Yeah, but I don't think it's like amazing.
Speaker 2: I'm glad I've been. It was really fun and thank you for taking me. It was Britney showed everyone. Brittany decided at the end of the night to go, ah, don't worry, I've got it, and I went, well, thank god, because I just paid sixteen dollars for a fucking corn chip taco. I would have got another twelve if I knew she shouting anyway, I was like, I'm very grateful to you for taking me, but also I'm like, I've done it once. That's probably enough. I just to anyone who's like, oh my god, I'd love to go to No Boo, let me tell you you're not missing March. Like the food is good. I think the food was It was delicious. It was young, but it wasn't life changing. I was like, oh, I can't I can't think of one thing that I'm like, Oh, it was so good, I go back here.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, the cocktails were fantastic.
Speaker 1: French Martinis there amazing.
Speaker 2: But the food, I mean, the crispy rice with the tuna tartar or whatever it.
Speaker 1: Was, that was nice.
Speaker 2: That was really Yuma. But I'm not liking Unna. Yeah. So just wanted to let you all know that no boots, just in.
Speaker 1: Case any of you were wondering. I don't know, so then mind you this is Tuesday that we went right then Matt came back up to the suite. We had a little look around that was all well and good, and then because we'd had two or three cocktails at dinner, we wanted to keep the party going. But it's Tuesday night after the long weekend, so like it's the worst night possible. But we just said, stuff it.
Speaker 2: Well, this is my this is my thing. This is where I'm embarrassed. Okay. I did warn the girls. I did one. I did warn them. I said, April, Brittany, I let you know, it's Tuesday, after the long weekend. It's a Tuesday night, that's already a quiet night anyway, but it's just been the long weekend. Everyone would have gone out, blown their budget, had fun this weekend. So I don't imagine that Oxford Street, which for anyone who doesn't know, is like the gay street in Sydney where all the gay clubs are. I was like, there's not gonna be any other clubs open tonight. And it was already like nine thirty. And I'm like, unless you're on Oxford Street in Sydney, there's no bars or pubs, so everything shut at eight thirty. These days, last drinks at eight fifteen, you know. So I was like, I'm gonna warn you it's probably not going to be great. But yeah, we went the road. We started at Stonewall.
Speaker 1: We went into the people in the there was four people in there. Matt tried to go into one other area and they're like that's shut.
Speaker 2: No, this man, this fan was like, yeah, that bit's not open because that's why the doors shut. And I sat and I literally he gave me so much sas I said, Well, the sign on the fucking door says opens at seven pm, and it's eight thirty. So I would have assumed the door was open to go through.
Speaker 1: We sat there. There was honestly like three people in there, and April bless her, like it's our work night. But she's in Sydney like absolutely laughing up. She's like, let's get shots. It's Tuesday, not and that's like, I'm not doing a shot. And then I'm like, fine, April, I'll do a shot. So then she made me do a friggin wet pussy shot. Man's face right now, it's just like a sweet shot. Now, yeah, it's not actually sexual. She knew, Yeah, she knew. So I've done a wet pussy shot on a Tuesday night at eight and something at this bar with no one in it.
Speaker 2: Which I've not done a wet pussy shot since i was like twenty. Yuck.
Speaker 1: I hate shots in general, Like I'm not that person that will do a shot.
Speaker 2: No. I used to be absolute king at a shot. I could do four shot and the real heart smirn off too.
Speaker 1: I just can't burning down the throat like for what, not good for you? No, Nana said, not.
Speaker 2: Good for you, And so then you had the shot and then I went, well we better go. So they've just both had a shot and we left and we walked down the street to Universal. No one was there either, but we went to dinner so early that don't forget. This is like what eight thirty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it probably got a bit busier later on. I reckon then you went home.
Speaker 2: I was like, girls, I'm done. You girls have had the shots. You go have fun.
Speaker 1: We just went to that bar. What is it Hidden Shady Pine? Shady Pines? Which is this like secret bar in Surrey Hill? Is that where we were?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: It's really cool?
Speaker 2: It wasn't cool. Yeah, I just had not to go.
Speaker 1: It was maybe like ten people there. We just had at the bar and drank and ate some whatever those nuts are that they have at the bar. Peanuts, Yeah, and they're in like the actual shell thing. Yeah, nice, just normal peanuts.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then we're asleep by midnight. So it wasn't too bad. April felt a bit rough the next day and I'm like, who are you going to call in sick? You're with the boss. Yeah, but she was fine, and then we came here and then I forced her to get on my podcast.
Speaker 2: Also, April got the good end of the deal, didn't.
Speaker 1: She She really did. She's she's lucked out.
Speaker 2: Yeah wow, well yeah, employees will be absolutely fum And anyway, where were we going with this? We've gone off on twenty.
Speaker 1: Tangents, but we were talking about clubbing.
Speaker 2: No, my rol flush, Yeah, what's your rule? My royal flush? So my rel flush is just something that I saw that It really has nothing to do with, you know, trending on the internet. It's more so that I could just continue this conversation, but I saw this. It was a TikTok of like a group of friends sharing a sticky date pudding, and it was like something on the text said something on the lines of doesn't matter where or when, I'll always choose the sticky date pudding for dessert. And that's again, it's valid. I have a rule in my life, which the only reason that's my Royal flush is because I wanted to talk about myself. But I have a rule in my life. I never get dessert at a restaurant. Never get dessert. I just don't get dessert. Why never order dessert, doesn't matter how full or not fool I am. I am not a dessert person at a restaurant. I just it's always been my thing. Unless there's a sticky Date on the menu. If there's a sticky Date putting on the menu, I must get dessert, no matter how fool I am, no matter if the main meal has made me feel sick and I couldn't eat another thing. I don't know. I've got gang green something. It's I could be on my deathbed if the restaurant, if the hospital has a sticky Date putting on the menu, and they're like, you can't eat any solids liquids only because you're going into serch or so, I don't care. I'm having the sticky Date. Blend it, put it in the neutral bullet, blended up. I'm drinking the Cicky Day creamy.
Speaker 1: Justice for Sticky Date puddings because I had one last night. They are the best, and anyone that goes I don't like Sticky Day? How do you not like a Sticky Day pudding with the cold ice cream and then the hot sticky Day with the sauce yum? If you hate Sticky Day, you're not my friend.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know how you could. It's one of those things that's like very much like, how could you not enjoy a Sticky Day?
Speaker 1: And do you like sticky day pudding. Yeah she does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I knew it, so I will never get dessert. I don't care what's on that, and I've gotten it because I'm more of I think I'm more of a savory person. I love savory. I'd rather have like a real good snit snitty at the pub than like a slice of mudcake or a I hate term. Assume I can't coffee. I can't do you know, but a sticky day I'll pause or I don't care. If we've got plans, we need to wait until I've eaten that sticky date. I don't care what what is happening in your world. In my world, the most important thing to me is trying that sticky date pudding.
Speaker 1: You can get sticky date dessert at Hungry Jack's at the moment.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no, that's been the three years mane. Yeah, I was getting those in high school.
Speaker 1: They're like three dollars fifty and it comes with ice cream on top in a little cap. It's perfect.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know what they used to be, like a dollar fifty really lation But that's all right, it's work.
Speaker 1: You need to go.
Speaker 2: I will say sorry, I will say just for everyone. We don't want to hype you into a foot false sense of security there. They're not the best sticky dates in the world of hungry Jacks.
Speaker 1: They are hungry jack sticky date.
Speaker 2: They are just to substitute to an actual because you know, when you go to the restaurant, you've got the sticky date, couple nuts on top of that, galaze the ice cream. I once had a sticky date that also the ice cream was then deep fried ice cream just took it to that next level.
Speaker 1: You know, watering thing about that.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I'm getting on the delivery apps and I'm literally licking my lips over here. I need to get on the delivery apps and get us some sticky days.
Speaker 1: And if anyone out there hasn't tried a sticky date, what are you doing? But you have to have it with ice cream and it has to be hot and cold.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hot and cold, hot and gold. Ye I'm salivating over here. Sorry, Well give it a resten.
Speaker 1: I feel like so far in this episode, Matt, all we've done is de influence and influence people need to try a sticky date. People don't really need to go to Nobu.
Speaker 2: Or fly business class. Don't start that because you won't stop.
Speaker 1: I've also seen people on TikTok recently and Instagram as well, like being d influencers. Have you seen that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I like it, but I think it's like a weird kind of territory to be in because everyone has like a different opinion on everything, you know what I mean. And I think when you critically think about because what is de influencing, it's people getting a product and saying, hey, you may have seen you know, people talking about how good this is. Well I got it, and here's all the problems that I have with it. And my thing is like, that's going to happen with every product, no matter what, and people are gonna have great experiences with that product and share about it. And if you didn't, it doesn't mean that I've people are lying. It just means that you haven't had the best experience with that product. There could be a range of reasons why. I know that. For me, I are really heavily not even sponsored or anything. Just like out of my own accord talked about this amazing hydrating primer and then I raved and raved and raved about it, and then people bought it and they said it made me really, really oily and I was like, but what kind of skin do you have? And they were like oily skin, and I was like, it's a hydrating primer, you know what I mean? Like, no one's I have dry skin.
Speaker 1: No one's ever gonna love the same product.
Speaker 2: No ever.
Speaker 1: You'd have a bloody good business if you could make something that everyone's gonna love. But that's impossible.
Speaker 2: But also I'm all about deinfluencing. What would you deinfluence people from buying.
Speaker 1: The dice in air rap?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, go for your life. I want to hear all about this.
Speaker 1: Okay, love Dyson in general, but it just it's a it's a hair dryer, like it's I've got one, like I bought one. I even went to an event in New York when they first launched it, and I was invited by a Dyson. So I'm probably gonna get in a lot of trouble for saying this, but not really. It's just a hair dryer and it's like seven hundred dollars or whatever it is, And like the whole thing is like the technology. It doesn't have as much heat as like a hair curler or a hair straightener, but it still has heat. But then if you do curl your hair with it, like it just goes straight within like a little bit because you haven't used, you know, that really strong heat to get the curls. Yeah, it's just a glorified hair dryer.
Speaker 2: Well there you go. Yeah, I ever had a rap, but I'm deinfluenced.
Speaker 1: But like as you said, like I don't like the dice in air wrap, like I still use it. I use it to dry my hair because it has like a brush, so I just brush it through my wet hair and it goes dry. So that's great, But like it doesn't need to be seven hundred dollars to dry your hair. But in saying that I don't like it, it doesn't work for me. I don't think it's amazing. I'd much rather just use a hair dryer, a hair straightener, and hair curler. But then someone else could absolutely love it and it could work really well for them. Yeah, but that's just my de influence. What's yours, Matt.
Speaker 2: We'll see. My thing is though, like I wouldn't care enough I guess to jump on the internet and make a de influencing video. No neither about the dice and air app If I felt that way, you know, but if I loved a product, I would jump on the internet and tell everyone. Yeah, so do you know what I mean? Like, that's the interesting thing.
Speaker 1: About de influencing. Yeah, people are so quick to jump on and be negative. Yeah, but I guess that's what gets the comments and the clicks.
Speaker 2: Yea true?
Speaker 1: What would you de influence everyone?
Speaker 2: I don't know what I de influence everyone from buying At the moment. I think those road phone cases that hold your lip gloss, I think they're stupid. I haven't I haven't got one, I don't even use.
Speaker 1: My question is why doesn't she ship to Australia? Like it makes no fucking sense. They don't, Like, I don't get it. They have the facilities to ship worldwide, but they don't ship to Australia.
Speaker 2: Why. Yeah, But then again, I guess it's just a cash grap and we love a cash grap, don't we, So we do go on you for doing it. But I'm just like, I don't need a phone case that holds my lip gloss girl either. You know. You know what I'm sick of saying on TikTok is all the MC beauty videos.
Speaker 1: Do you know MC beauty is Model Co.
Speaker 2: Do you remember the old Model Co?
Speaker 1: Do you remember Model Co? Like David Jones and stuff in the hoppink packaging? M CO is Model Co? Just rebranded, same owner everything. Did you not know that? No, it's Model Co. They've been around forever.
Speaker 2: Member.
Speaker 1: I used to buy their fake tan when I was in like year eight, and it was like forty dollars and it was like the expensive tam I really liked it. It is Model Co rebranded.
Speaker 2: Well anyway, I'm sick of it. Why, I'm just okay, Like, I'm just someone who like I can't stand I can't stand a copy I can't stand a copy cat. I can stand a dupe. If you make one product and it's similar and the other person makes a product that is just as good, that, in my mind, is a dupe. When you are just blatantly copying the product, I go, oh, I don't know if I can get behind this, because you're just ripping someone else, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I'm fascinated by how they managed to get away with it. They would have to have some really good lawyers that they're making it so similar but just different enough that they're not getting in trouble for it, and I'm the same as you, Like I'm kind of like, shame on you, But at the same time, the business owner in me is like, fucking good on you. Like they are making absolute bank by knocking off other people's products. Yeah, I can't imagine the lawsuits there would be.
Speaker 2: I'm in two minds because I'm like, one, you're a copy cat, but two a lot cheaper And what am I going to spend my money on? Well, obviously the cheap option, but then you know a lot of people are saying that it's really similar in quality as well.
Speaker 1: I wonder know, like how do they get away? They're doing it so fast, Like I feel like brands come out with this product and then boom, like a month later, ModelCo, Moco, m Co has has come out with their own version. Like how they're doing it so quickly?
Speaker 2: When it launched in America, Bethany Frankel, who's one of the older Real Housewives I saw New York City, She goes, I just got all of this Mica mcco beauty. Mcco beauty, that's so funny. Maco. Imagine sending beany pr and she pronounces the name Wrongcau Maco Maco Beauty is from Australia.
Speaker 1: They're everywhere in the US.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I mean, good on her, like that is a huge business, but I just always think it is a bit weird. Like I get it's all about accessibility and making it more affordable for everyone by knocking off all these other products, but how does she get away with that? And it's publicly accepted by everyone that they literally make copies of other products. But then if I was to make something that another brand make, yeah, just people with say fake copied, Yeah, White Fox boutique. Like in fashion, like if you make something that someone else has made something similar to, you'll get canceled for it. Yeah, but they can make literal duplicates almost.
Speaker 2: The whole brand can be that as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the whole brand.
Speaker 2: You could put up one product that's the same as you know, a different brand, and suddenly everyone will come for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The thing that gets me as well is not only is the formula so similar, which fair enough if you're making a similar formula to another brand, but it's the whole packaging.
Speaker 2: Yes, and like a drunk elephant rip off looks just like.
Speaker 1: The Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks, like the Rose Goald with the lines in it, and then it just makes me think like m Comco doesn't have their own brand identity because you know how, if you look at Charlotte Tilbury packaging, you will see that it's Charlotte Tilbury. If you look at Sol de Janeiro, you'll recognize it, whereas MC beauty doesn't have their own identity, Like if you're looking at their products, it just looks like everyone else's. I'm just interested, like where that is going to go in the long term, Like clearly they're killing it right now. Yeah, I would love to interview her.
Speaker 2: I don't think business.
Speaker 1: I don't think she would.
Speaker 2: You don't think she would.
Speaker 1: Well, they'd have to be so careful, like all of the m CO employees, like the girls that run the social media or whatever. They have to be so careful because they cannot say that it's like a dupe or similar to like anything that they write could get them sued like that to be so careful with their wording. We've actually got a statement here. She didn't give it to us. We found it on the internet. She's said, this is on a Mama Mia. What's this thing called article? That's what I'm looking for when we get inspired to create a product, be it any other product that looks like a competitor. We put everything through quite a rigorous trademark and IP protection process, she says. We consult trademark and intellectual property attorneys. Whatever I take to market is kosher. We do all the complete checks they would have to. My prediction is, as much as I love to see like Aussie business absolutely killing it, like I'm like, you're a fucking genius to be able to build a business like this and get away with it, I reckon one day something's gonna happen and it's gonna unravel, like I reckon they're going to get in a lot of trouble. That's my prediction. Allegedly and not quite, but I reckon that's gonna happen. I reckon something's gonna stuff up. Yeah, And that's what I would be scared of before I was her, if they're going to just cross that line a little too much.
Speaker 2: And I will say, like, the only reason I'm so sick of it and sick of hearing about it is because it feels like it's the only makeup brand I see on my TikTok. I feel like it's taken over on TikTok. I don't see any other makeup brands as in my face as MC beauty, And that's like the only reason that I'm like, I'm sick of saying it, because it's all I think I'm seeing. God, I haven't heard from other makeup brands that we used to work with all the time in years. I never see them on my feet. I'll never see anyone.
Speaker 1: Problem m CO has come out with or is coming out with their own version of the Benettint. Yeah, you know that that's Benettint has been around for decades.
Speaker 2: Which is so wild because like, why why do that now? It's not like a trending product now. I feel like ten years ago.
Speaker 1: And they m coo posted on their TikTok or something like a video or whatever of the Benettint knockoff and Benefit commented like something really funny, and I was like, I love that. Yeah that, Like I can't remember what the comment was, something about like they do it better or whatever, because you know, Bennettint was originally designed so long ago for women to put on their nipples, what, yeah, to like make their nipples more pink.
Speaker 2: Really, yes, that's.
Speaker 1: What it was, and now it's this lip and cheek thing, but it was originally invented for nipples.
Speaker 2: I love that. I'm gonna have to get my beneitine when I get home, put it on my nipples.
Speaker 1: And post a photo on your story doing before and after.
Speaker 2: I'll do TikTok.
Speaker 1: For its original use.
Speaker 2: But I will say I love everything from Benefit except benettint. It's my one product that I'm like, no, I can't do it. It's just because because it's for lips and cheeks. I put it on my lips, I feel like they go very dry, and I didn't love that. And then the tint itself wasn't a good color for me. But everything else from Benefit I love because I got like Benefit was scar Benefit was the MC beauty of our time. It was when we were when we were you know, ten years ago, when we were on the internet and also younger. What am I trying to say here, because I feel like MC beauty is very like teenager and.
Speaker 1: It is demographic, you know. And I do have a few of their products, so I will say, and I enjoy using them. M CO.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've used a few and I haven't had anything so spectacular, but none of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, none of them are life changing. I wonder if I did like their brow stuff.
Speaker 2: Actually, the MC beauty brow lemonade, you know what do you call that brow gel was really really good.
Speaker 1: I've got the Freckle pen, which I like.
Speaker 2: But I wonder not us starting this going deinfluencing m cobna and now like, well, actually what we laugh of m.
Speaker 1: CO Beauty is one day it's gonna they're gonna get stuck in a situation that will cause them a lot of trouble. To be honest, they probably have already dealt with that like time and time again, and they just like did.
Speaker 2: I'll try and rip off Jeffrey Star or something and he'll just go not Today's sister.
Speaker 1: And I would love to see that happen.
Speaker 2: But that's what I imagine.
Speaker 1: I wonder they obviously have their own products as well that we don't really know about, But I wonder if they'll eventually like start creating more of their own things and try and get ahead of the trends because they're always jumping on these trendy products after they've launched, Like she should use her innovation and ability to create products so quickly and come out with her own, like make the next soul de Jhanniro Spray, like, be a trend setter, don't follow them. That's what that's my bis to Shelley. If you're listening, and I know you will be, she won't be. Maybe someone that works there will.
Speaker 2: Though. Yeah, I'm also like, so I agree with that obviously, But then I'm also like, but she'd make a lot more money ripping off the other one instead of trying to make her own anyway, So I'm like, if I put myself in Shelley's shoes without her name Shelley, Yeah, if I put myself in her shoes, I'm gonna do what's gonna make me more money as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can appreciate the hustle and the cash grab all.
Speaker 2: I started this segment hating Mco Beauty, but now I'm like, h I'm still not in a rush to try and if the products, but because I got some that's that they actually sent me and I haven't had a goal with them yet, but I might have to and then in a few weeks I'll let you know, and I might influence him all to buy Maco Beauty.
Speaker 1: Well, Matt that's another episode done? And does it that went so fast? Did yeah want me?
Speaker 2: I'm over here thinking, bloody hell, I need a valium and yeah, I'm ready to go to bed. Honor, but we've got another episode coming up with you in a second, so we've got to record that close. Friends. It'll be out this Friday with Britney's Nan.
Speaker 1: The guest of all not named on and what an honor it will be. It will be such an honor.
Speaker 2: Cool, you know what to do? Five stars? Leave us a review?
Speaker 1: Whatever, Come on, people, let's stick of asking by this point.
Speaker 2: Send us an email if you want all the info in the show notes for you. We love y'all. We can't wait to see you again next week. Buys, I'm on Struggle Street. Okay, let's just I'm ready, ready, and I can take.
Speaker 1: Over Yahn's taken over as a new co.
Speaker 2: Host anyway, Darla, better let you go. I've got to go tint my nipples.