Speaker 1: Every day.
Speaker 2: Add Tom, Now joes to chat to someone who was one of the all time grades. He will walk into the Hall of Fame when he's eligible, and that is Tom Hawkins. And look, you know me, I'm a Footy fan, fully nerd, fully nerd. You know, if you're a Footy fan, then you love this man, even if you really really have watched the Cats destroy your team over the years.
Speaker 3: Yes, can we say good morning to Tom? Are you there? Tom?
Speaker 1: I am here, guys, thank you for the nice word.
Speaker 3: Oh that's okay. Do you want to know something really creepy?
Speaker 4: So Hazy and I were just talking about you on air before and he just reeled off all your stats off the top of his He's a fully reporter, but just off the top of his off his head, which I don't know whether to say that's impressive or just a little bit stalkrish and creepy.
Speaker 1: Well, it is nice to know that you have an impact outside of toolong on people and that they can remember those things, because I think as a player you are generally loved by your team and your supporters and members, but it's not always the case, or you don't have the same love reciprocated when it comes to other environments and states. So that's very nice to hear.
Speaker 2: I just want I just want to know as well, Tom, I feel like as well, and it's probably a show of respect. You certainly would get some feedback from the Port Adelaide crab when you used to play at Adelaide over and that's probably because you were so down good could you hear that? Did you embrace it?
Speaker 1: Look? There was many things, particularly being a full forward and the way I played, I sat out of the goals were unashamably. I would be close to the cheer squad at each end of whoever we were playing, whatever ground. So I heard some things over my time, not necessarily just from Port Adelaide, but lots of other cubs as well. One of my favorite ones, and it's nothing that ever crossed the border. But I got married one the week before the start of the season and we played Collingwood couple of weeks later. We got made. The next day our car got stolen out the front of our house and had my wife's wedding dress in it. So I hit the news for one reason or another, and one of the Collingwood cheer squad members yelled out at some point and a bit of a lull during the game, that he had my wife's wedding dresses, which I thought was I thought was very, very good. So it's always stuck with me. That and a few other things that I mon't repeat on that.
Speaker 2: What about when you thought he was joking you looked over Tom and he's actually wearing it.
Speaker 1: I didn't see any signs, but so I have to take it as tongue in cheap But yeah, never quite know.
Speaker 4: Now Tom as a cyclone hurtles towards the gabber for the opening round.
Speaker 3: Of the AFL season.
Speaker 4: It got us thinking about you playing down at Geelong and there must have been times when you questioned your commitment to the club and for the decision to actually live in Geelong because it would have been bloody freezing down there and it would have pelted down. How did you feel running out into the ground days like that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Look, it was something those sort of days I won't miss when I'm sitting by the fire if I'm not with Fox Footy sitting by the fire and watching the cats play. But look, it's one of the great parts of and unique parts of the game is that we play during the winter, we don't necessarily see weather events that we're seeing up in Brisbane this weekend or overseas where it snows at other venues and other games. So we have played in some pretty awful conditions. But you know what, as a player, you prepare yourself and you don't necessarily feel the cold unless it is a combination of wind, rain and a freezing cold day, which we've had a few of those inju.
Speaker 2: Long Hey, Tom, life Now outside of footy, of course, you have joined the Fox Footy commentary team. We're looking forward to what you've got to say because you are very, very broadly loved. But how is it transition to retirement is done with these.
Speaker 3: Dad, the three girls?
Speaker 2: Well, good luck with that, Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: Look, I'm loving the transition. There's no regrets about my decision not to play on for this season. I just physically couldn't. I think mentally I could absolutely, but physically I think the game got to a point where it was just a little bit past me and I got an injury halfway through the year, which meant that I wasn't able to come back and play at AFL levels. So I'm really comfortable with the decision. I'm loving life away from the football clubs. Certainly I miss it, don't get me wrong, and there's going to be some periods throughout the year where I really wish I was back in that environment, but I'm loving it. I'm working a couple of days a week at Nutrient Solutions, I'm out on the road today, I've got my Fox footy and I'm also doing some work at the Cats, very much a part time role, but just helping out where I can. So there's lots on. I've got to fit my family, which is a priority this year, certainly while I'm changing and transitioning out of careers. It's a wonderful time to be able to spend with them. So been on a couple of holidays and really really enjoying it.
Speaker 4: And Tom, one of the most wholesome videos you'll ever see, if you want to jump on Tom Hawkins's Instagram, is when you told one of your little all of your girls, that you were retiring and she burst into tears.
Speaker 3: That was the cutest I know.
Speaker 1: Our eldest, she is very emotional, Arabella, and she's got to the age now where she's eight years of age and she's just starting to understand and maybe even use dad playing for the Cats as a bit of a bargaining tool in the playground. So she probably feels like that's no longer and that now she has a sort of washed up old dad that comes into school pick up and drop off each week in his farm clothes. So I totally respect that from her point of view. But they've been along for the ride over the last you know, or eight years of Bell's life, and live through my career and put a lot in so it's certainly going to be a change for them as well. But I think they're enjoying having me around a bit more.
Speaker 2: Hey, Tom, just before we let you go, there is one question I want to ask you. How would the players be feeling in a situation where Andrew Dyllon is saying maybe we'll wait and see versus I think Brisbane has already come out and said we'll call it off now. Of course we're talking about cycling Alfred potentially hitting the Gabba on Thursday night. If you were playing, what would you want to know? Would you want to call it off right now? Would you be happy to wait around?
Speaker 1: I think first and foremost they'll want to they'll want to know as soon as they have the information at the AFL level in terms of whether the game's going ahead, whether it's going to be postponed for a couple of days, or whether in fact that they just reschedule it completely. The only thing I will say is that coming off the back of COVID, players are so adaptable for change in scheduling. I don't think that was the case once upon a time, but I think that players are happy enough to move and be agile as decisions are made. So the one positive out of the COVID era of football is that that will transfer into something like this that we're seeing, which unfortunately, look, I think it's poised to go one way or the other. My gut feel is that the game may change, but I think that, you know, we'll get some more clarity on that today because obviously Geelong will travel up there tomorrow. But yeah, who knows. It's such a disappointing event that may have to be changed as the season opener of twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: We'll tell me you mentioned school pick up there.
Speaker 4: I'm sure there's a few school mums that would be more than happy to see you picking up picking up the kids. But thank you so much for joining us this morning. We can't wait to see you on Fox Footy.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys. Not in my current state, but yeah, I'm loving being able to do it. Thanks guys for having me.
Speaker 2: Thanks local, and we love when local sports teams in particular do well. And the Thunderbirds, boy he boy, they're going through a bit of a purple patch.
Speaker 3: Well, going for the three peat this year, aren't they? That went back to back premierships and a very real possibility they could do it again.
Speaker 2: History making too if they get a three peat, wouldn't it be? I believe my right and saying not just for the club. I don't think there's ever been a three pea before.
Speaker 3: I don't think anyone's ever done it before.
Speaker 2: Now it's super neple history.
Speaker 3: Oh good one, Look at you who.
Speaker 2: Go and beat and told me that Channel seventh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so Thunderbird's Saturday, fifth of April Grand Final replay against the Vixens.
Speaker 3: Cannot wait for the nipple to get started.
Speaker 4: But they have a season launched the other night and the Jamaican girls were there.
Speaker 3: Didn't know they all lived together?
Speaker 2: Oh there you go? Yeah, how's that for a household.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't that be fun?
Speaker 2: A lot going on?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they speak in their native tongue, which is obviously Jamaican, and apparently training they they're not adverse to ripping into each other as well.
Speaker 2: That's good in native tongue. That's what it's all about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love that for them.
Speaker 2: Offend else around you, but you're specifically going after the person you're going up. That's beautiful recipe.
Speaker 3: Isn't it fun?
Speaker 2: You spoke to firstly, Letaanna Wilson. Yes, one who has the most fun with all the girls.
Speaker 3: Who's had the most fun in the off season? The Jamaicans. We're vans for everything.
Speaker 4: Cham I've been doing a lot of TikTok and we're trying to get Melda on Borenez.
Speaker 3: Well, it's quite nice.
Speaker 2: Girls are all over TikTok.
Speaker 3: Oh, they love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that'd be good at the dancers.
Speaker 4: But I love that Ramelda is a little bit older and she's got a toddler, so she's like tapped out of the TikTok.
Speaker 3: She's like, I want no part of it. Like the other two. Check them out on TikTok. Have they got some moves? So good?
Speaker 2: So Ramelda Aikin is what thirty six years old? She's a bit more mature, she is. Maybe she's onto the next phase of her life perhaps, but she certainly that does love in an Adelaide.
Speaker 3: What is it about Adelaide that you love for me?
Speaker 5: I guess like it's having the connection with my Jamaican peeps. It's nice to come home and be able to speak our own language. And just like the family environment of like everyone taking care of everyone.
Speaker 2: If she's not the mother of the group, then I'm not reading the room exactly right.
Speaker 4: Andrew Hayes, do you know your netball by now? Oh my gosh, like rubbing off vicariously on you.
Speaker 2: And to finish off, can we get a little piece of gold from shmir Sterling one of the great, if not the greatest defender of all time?
Speaker 3: So how would you say? Adelaide?
Speaker 4: Thunderbirds for the three peat in twenty twenty five one.
Speaker 1: One?
Speaker 2: So that means normal? What's up? I haven't seen you in a what what's up? She could be exulting our family, she could be saying all sorts of things, but god damn it, it sounds cool. That sounds so cool.
Speaker 4: I don't think there are words that could come out of that woman's mouth that wouldn't sound cool.
Speaker 2: Good luck to the Thunderbirds this year. Yeah, you will watch it every Can you guarantee that you will watch every second available of Thunderbirds action this year.
Speaker 3: I've penciled into Interstate Troops. Wow, I can see them play the Mavericks and Vixen's later in the year.
Speaker 2: That is top shelf fandom, isn't it? Go tea Birds? God, I'm sad as we always.
Speaker 6: The following segment is the mature audiences only and may contain how content graphic language and not see it if easily offended.
Speaker 3: Well, you're about to find out.
Speaker 2: Just how easily your father. He's on the money, Jody and haz six not Yeah, that's right. The naughty six forty is a chance for us to be just a bit blue, a little bit risky before we straighten up. We wholesome it up after seven o'clock.
Speaker 4: Certainly seven o'clock is the cutoff for wholesomeness.
Speaker 2: Got one for your judge, What do I love this stuff? Why is it a bloke thing?
Speaker 4: One hundred percent is a blow thing because us women don't get it.
Speaker 3: But anyway, appropate.
Speaker 2: A giant painting of a pennis has mysteriously appeared on top of a school roof in Berlin. The one Hey, I'm it wasn't me who gave the round of applause? Isn't it was the audience? Okay? The one hundred foot long drawing appears to have been grafeated on the flat roof of a school cursing your steward among vocals and Internet users areike. Of course, it's things huge, giant, the artwork and this was a statistic that really tickled me. The artwork, which is a staggering one hundred sixty one times larger than the average of rec paenist of thirteen centimeters. It's very much visible almost from space.
Speaker 3: Okay, oh is it?
Speaker 2: What do you guys think of that time? They do like it?
Speaker 4: Okay, So it is definitely a male thing because I it would never occur to me. What about you producing mollge just to sit there when I doodle to doodle the doodle.
Speaker 2: Oh there you go. Now you're getting the spirit of things doing boobs.
Speaker 4: I know, yeah, like it would be like our stoy and going like that, like there go, there's.
Speaker 3: Some boobs.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. Well iron they love it.
Speaker 3: No one understands it, no one.
Speaker 4: You would have Oh my god, you would have drawn some Penniss in your time.
Speaker 2: Do you know? Is it super bad? Is the movie super bad? What is it with guys and particularly young guys. That's that's literally probably all I did during high school and my tea, like my final years of marble is so awful. That's because there wasn't a class us about drawing dicks.
Speaker 3: You just excuse me. You were just done lucky with the curriculum.
Speaker 2: Because if they was, I would have been the top one percentile for pictures of a rectile.
Speaker 7: I need to know.
Speaker 2: I need to know now.
Speaker 8: I need to know.
Speaker 5: I need to know.
Speaker 2: I need to know what news today?
Speaker 3: Excuse what you need to know?
Speaker 2: You know what you need to know.
Speaker 4: With Jody and as cyclone watch what about this coinciding with round Wally opening round of the AFL cyclone, Alfred is hurtling towards the coast and the Brisbane lines are saying, hey, if you're going to call off this opening round match, can you do it sooner rather than later?
Speaker 3: So what are they waiting for? What the af waiting for?
Speaker 4: The boys to turn up to the Gabba when it's like sure to rent your rain and the winds are one hundred and thirty k is an hour.
Speaker 2: So what's what's Andrew Dylan going to do? Like going to the center of the pitch like Licky's finger, put in the ambul like Winny nah, not today. I don't think. Let's go home.
Speaker 3: It's doing that seem ludicrous.
Speaker 2: It does seem very very strange. Here is Andrew dealing on the situation.
Speaker 1: The lines are working towards that, as ar Geelong and as the AFL and.
Speaker 2: Channel seven lines are very very clear. They don't want to do it. They want to call it off right now, which is completely fair enough.
Speaker 4: Which doesn't it take you back to when you are like an eight year old kid and you know the weather's going to be a bad for your Saturday morning sport. Noil, I just don't want to and especially for netball playing in Hobart, Tasmania when it was you know, minus four degrees course three, you had to wear a dress and the only thing that would save you was lightning. That was the only but that absolutely the AFL players must.
Speaker 3: Feel that too. Dread running out there when it's awful.
Speaker 2: Well, the thing about it now is that the grounds are so so good and the AFL player wouldn't experience this because the turf is so good that they're not really slipping over. But spare thought for us amateurs back in the day. Jeez, I'll tell you what. The Ponderosa come June, and every sample ground as well, I reckon, except for no longer. Every sample ground come Journe would just be there'd be a pocket or one particular area where it's just an absolute bog.
Speaker 3: You must have had days. Do you wear the long sleeves too when it was really cold?
Speaker 2: There was only one bloke that I knew of that were a long sleeve at centrals. Two blokes actually right breaking Daniel Shell did it for a little bit. And Lee west Off that was the brother of Justin Westoff.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, family, you would have been like, there is no way I'm not putting these guns on display for any of the females that bother to turn up to the Ponderosa. If they're going to pay their eight dollars edition, I'm going to give them a game show.
Speaker 2: Well that's where I Metcaha. I didn't meet her at the Bond crazy things. But we spoke about this off here yesterday. I think our jokes just the fact that I didn't want to be that wet weather guy, but I knew that I needed to be because it suited the way that I played, and that was a dour defender with no skill.
Speaker 3: Absolutely no, I had no.
Speaker 2: Choice but to really embrace awful conditions. I wanted to be a rock star, but I didn't have enough skill.
Speaker 3: Did you have at least have.
Speaker 4: A nice shower or a spa in the change rooms afterwards when you've got absolutely soaked.
Speaker 2: And you look at your fingers and your toes and like these even working.
Speaker 3: These digits even function.
Speaker 2: All good though, got them, pat it up, went to heavy, a couple of bees, and then enjoyed the night. Have you still around, Well.
Speaker 3: It hasn't closed.
Speaker 2: It's still there on Hut Street, Marble bar closed.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, you probably had that thing shut down with your behavior, you and your mate Lee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jesus, there you go. So it's not going to go ahead. The prediction right now, it's not going to go ahead.
Speaker 3: You're calling it now, calling it now? Do you want to let Andrew Dylan know.
Speaker 2: I'm buzzing my cinema text he never writes back. Jody and Hazy on Adelaide's over nine on nine quick heads up as well. If you want an exclusive invitation to what will be the best party in town, keep it lockdown. Of course, that's what you do in this space. You're an anxious little mess.
Speaker 4: And that's not quite the intro. And I was anticipating. Do you want to explain how this competition works? So you're just going to sit over there and you're gloating little space.
Speaker 2: Well, I will continue to gloat in this space, but let's bring you producer Moly gives them out and bolts. Please produce the Moly.
Speaker 6: Firstly, I feel like mum and dadda farting?
Speaker 3: Are we okay? Seven form happy every week?
Speaker 2: I'm happy?
Speaker 4: No, No, Mum's annoy because dad's being arrogant.
Speaker 3: What sort of that off? Okay?
Speaker 6: Okay, So how this works is we bring you all your favorite fresh hits and a throwbacks, but they are orchestralized. We've got two listeners on the line. We're going to find out who they're playing for.
Speaker 4: Teagan from Williamstown, good morning, good morning, Okay, who you choosing.
Speaker 3: Tagan, it's my soul.
Speaker 4: Okay, good luck Tiagan page from Andrew's Farm, Good morning page.
Speaker 2: Good morning guys.
Speaker 3: Did you get me.
Speaker 4: By default or did you actually actively choose me?
Speaker 1: I was going to go for you anyway, jo.
Speaker 2: Don't believe you page?
Speaker 3: Thank you, h I was. I will thank you?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: How can we get rid of a flavor this week? Are they hard? Easy? What do we reckon?
Speaker 3: I think you'll be okay all.
Speaker 2: Right, because we haven't been okay previously. All right, first song, let's go.
Speaker 3: It's taste good Sabrina Carpenter.
Speaker 2: That's cool, please all like a concentrate? Was the monkey playing the symbols? Can you hear it? It's a really electric start from you Wow.
Speaker 4: To blow one mill lad Stop being so negative, Jody, okay, you got it myself.
Speaker 2: Each and you wake me out?
Speaker 3: How do you know when it glitch?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was a glitch I think I had before then I just worked well under pressure. But now there's less pressure. Actually there still as much pressure. It's one old Jode jees, you're how to shoot. It's change sounded goodness. You know I'm really nicous. It's actually fair.
Speaker 3: Can you stop this why do we take this? So I don't know, but I really want to win.
Speaker 2: But I know if I do win, you will be shitty for the rest of the day. Okay, So it's like which way? Which way do you want to go? Which way do you want to go? All right? Here we go? Last one one Republic counting stars it is. Do you know why you really lucky out with this one?
Speaker 8: Joe's?
Speaker 2: Because this is my son's favorite song?
Speaker 7: Is it?
Speaker 2: And we play it a hell of a lot?
Speaker 3: Cool story? Bro Okay, well done? Tagan from Williamstown, Well done. Congratulations you win the walls staying past?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Do you want to speak to Tagan because you just won for her? Or are you just sitting over there gloating?
Speaker 2: Tagan? First question? What shall we watch it while of cinemas? It's up to you.
Speaker 1: I have no idea. Probably something the kids will bick.
Speaker 3: Okay, sure, well done taken. Apologies to you again, Paige.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry. A good page. That's okay, thanks guys, thank you. But you would have chose you would have chosen Joe's anyway, right, Yes, still would have Okay, all right, I'm.
Speaker 4: Going to get out to hear Harry Styles because there's nothing this man can't do.
Speaker 3: Did the Tokyo marathon yesterday.
Speaker 2: I did see that, and I'm not sure. Do I believe he splits and his times? I'm pretty sure he's doing like sort of four minute fifty splits.
Speaker 3: No, he took him three and like three hours and thirty minutes or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I think a few times out by forty two, it's around about three hours and thirty minutes. I think it did sort of four minutes fifty splits. That's good. That's sold. Is that good?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: He wasn't walking out, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: I did producing. Mollie and I agree on this. Could I be bothered to do a marathon? No? No, you're going to do one, an't you.
Speaker 2: I'm going to do it in June. I can do it with the mate the McLaren Vale Marathon. That's gonna be my first marathon too.
Speaker 3: But you never done one before?
Speaker 2: No, I've done. I do enjoy running, and I do like running these twenty k sort of there trots. They're genuine trots.
Speaker 3: ROAs.
Speaker 2: When I say that, I think I've only done like two or three times, I'm making out like I do it two or three times a week. That's incorrect. Yeah, but I'm looking.
Speaker 4: Forward to it.
Speaker 3: I'm a three k max and that's sometimes a run walk. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He said to me, last time you did like three k's and twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: Is that good?
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh, the important thing is that you completed it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, marathon's not my thing. We did mention this before. Every household has a hero, am I right? So in ours it's our fearless leader, Greg Onie.
Speaker 3: There's no question about that.
Speaker 2: He's unhelded.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So he's taken to running at a place called Platform and so it's got it's one of those rooms where they did the lights. They have the fluoros and then it's like those really super fast treadmills. Anyway, the man is probably fitter than when he played ice hockey. Like he's doing really, really well. And you and I in particular, get a lot of messages about him visiting zone five, which is when your heart rate goes to.
Speaker 3: Sort of the top level.
Speaker 2: Yes, and by all reports, particularly from Greg, there's not many people he get to zone fight. We've joked about the fact that he's the mayor of his own fight, mayor.
Speaker 3: Of Zone five. He reckons it's very very lonely.
Speaker 2: Owns a lot of property and zone.
Speaker 3: A lot of real estate left in Zone far because he's bought.
Speaker 8: It all up.
Speaker 2: He's a property tycoon in Zon and five exactly right.
Speaker 4: So he did the class yesterday and as just a matter of passing, I said to him, did you see Jesse Treno came top ten in the Tokyo Marathon And he goes, yeah, but.
Speaker 3: I won the class this morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there we go.
Speaker 8: And then.
Speaker 2: That's a lot cot that, Jess.
Speaker 4: I said, I'm sorry, So did you just compare running five k's in twenty minutes against six people to Jesse running forty two kilometers in two hours, twenty two minutes and fifty six seconds.
Speaker 3: Did you just do that? And he goes, looks a bit proudly.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep, fucking once again. The next step, I guess is a race off between Jess Stnson and your husband race. Well, yeah, what what's sure?
Speaker 4: Greg Gottiv Harry Starves. I think hes gotten covered to Sexifield.
Speaker 2: And on the track.
Speaker 3: When did you cave to a fashion trend?
Speaker 4: That's what we'll be talking about, because you you are at the moment you remind me of one of those blokes when they fall in love, they fall hard, you know what I mean. We've all met a bloke like that. How will we produce a molly? They just fall in love so frequently it's actually embarrassing.
Speaker 2: Go on your lads for the lads in that category. Can't hear you? Brother?
Speaker 3: So you have fallen for a pair of shoes?
Speaker 2: Time?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: Who saw this relationship coming? I didn't very Romeo and Juliet, isn't it?
Speaker 4: And when I first spotted you two together at a pub, the Lion, actually in Melbourne Street when we had a work lunch and I saw it, and I was doubled.
Speaker 3: Over in tears of laughter and tears, I tell you.
Speaker 4: Because you didn't just go the shoes, but you went the accessories as well.
Speaker 3: You went the gibbets.
Speaker 2: It's like the cherry on top of the cake.
Speaker 3: What has happened to you? Because when I once saw this relationship.
Speaker 2: I didn't see this relationship coming. If you see them like, what are you talking about? I am in love with my crocs. I am so aggressively in love with my crocs. And I would have sat here a year ago been like I will aggressively judge anyone who wears crocs, particularly man over a certain age, and age is probably five or six. I would like to wear my crocs to work and to functions if I could.
Speaker 3: You're not allowed to wear them to functions.
Speaker 4: And it's gotten so bad your love affair with these crocs that whenever we have something serious that we have to do that involve clients at the station, I'm like, did you bring proper shoes?
Speaker 2: You do say that, Yeah, I do have proper shoes in the back of my car. Okay for such occasions. But I don't know where this came from. I can tell you right now. If you're sitting there and maybe I don't know, early thirties, mid thirties, maybe late thirties like some of us, and you're thinking, do I give them a go? Just go for it, see what happens. To describe what's happening to my feet right now is there is so much love making happening, and it's beautiful. It's gorgeous love making, and purely the crocs are very much in control. They're driving it right, they are driving it so and my feet are just laying back being like, well, where was this five years ago.
Speaker 3: Oh really?
Speaker 7: Why?
Speaker 2: Well? We denied such passion?
Speaker 3: Are they that good?
Speaker 4: Because from an outsider who's not a Croc converter, it feels like if you wear Crocs, you've given up on yourself and you've given up on society.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's what it feels.
Speaker 3: Like from the act I could.
Speaker 4: I'm open to be corrected here, but you do hear it with absolutely and nausea and people saying, oh my god, they're the most comfortable thing I've ever worn.
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four ten. When did you cave? Maybe it's not just for Crocs, Maybe it's for other fashion items as well.
Speaker 4: Maybe could be in So if you feel like you can talk me around to the Crocs, then I'm all, is, oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: I'm driving the Croc train. You are a man who's almost middle aged, maybe in your thirties, and you have recently jumped on board the Croc train because I'm driving this train.
Speaker 4: Because previous to this, you're in a relationship with Birkenstocks, a fairly intense relationship, a long term.
Speaker 2: Relationship that was a messy breakup.
Speaker 3: Do you have it?
Speaker 4: Was there a crossover? Did you have an affair with the crocs while you're in love with the Birkenstock.
Speaker 2: I think that's exactly what happened, really, do you know It's really concerning for my wife is that she was the one who convinced me to get some crocs. She's like, I, reckon, you'll like them for wearing them around the house. They're very comfortable. Next minute, I'm wearing them absolutely everywhere, and she's banning me from wearing them while I pick up the kids from school because of the other parents.
Speaker 3: Does she does she have a pair of crocs.
Speaker 2: She has a pair of crocs, but she genuinely only wears them around the house.
Speaker 4: The genuine human decency to keep them inside her for walls.
Speaker 3: That's my kind of woman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so her feet only get made love to while she's at home. That's not good enough. Right now, Jades, I'm telling you, what's happening to my feet is just quite outrageous. Feet on the receiving end. What if this boy they're satisfied.
Speaker 3: What if you and those shoes have little croc babies with little gibbets.
Speaker 2: Yes, gibbets. To look at my newest gibbet. See my newest gibbet it's an over boy. There is a new range of no gibbets available.
Speaker 1: There is.
Speaker 4: Indeed, my five year old girl was very excited about them, but not as excited as you.
Speaker 2: Thirteen three four ten. When did you cave? Or are you on board the croc train? Am I alone in this? I feel like I've discussed something quite magical.
Speaker 4: We're talking about the disintegration of society as we know it by people just wearing crocs everywhere out of the house with socks as well. And I just mentioned when you fall, you fall hard for a trend and you are head over heels for your crocs at the moment, so much so it's very difficult to pry them off, pry them off your feet.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: I went down the same path as well with Birkenstein. Again, I feel really hard, did not extremely hard that there's no getting that out, and all of a sudden, crocs on side saying hello, are there big fels.
Speaker 4: Once you commit to these relationships, you hold on for a very long time, like you still wear rusty T shirts.
Speaker 2: I love hard, you know me? I love hard? Okay, I really love it hard.
Speaker 4: Probably you need to learn when to let go of a clothing relationships nothing for me?
Speaker 2: Isn't it all or nothing?
Speaker 3: All right, let's go to Marianna from Marion. Good morning, good morning? Oh no, am I reading this right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: And isn't it just gorgeous? I don't want to I don't want to sound, you know, naughty when I say this, But oh, the crocs make love to your feet, don't they?
Speaker 3: Oh? Look, I hate to admit it, but yeah, they're pretty good.
Speaker 7: I was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And so what color are we sporting? And do you also have the gibbets?
Speaker 2: And I haven't. I haven't been able to cross over to the gibbets.
Speaker 8: I feel like that's the kids only things for the moment.
Speaker 2: But I think I'm close and right, I've got bone as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, thanks Marianna.
Speaker 4: The gibbets should be a kid's only thing, but talk people through exactly what you're sporting on your feet in terms of gibbets at the moment.
Speaker 2: So of course I've got the over Boy and that's the newest in nova gibbets. Ye got a little love heart, I've got a little Rubbie ducky, I've got an alien a peace sign and I believe that his stand from South Park.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 2: Wow, what a beautiful collection of gibbets. Oh, thank you guys, appreciate that. Nice.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's go to Simon from Hackham. Good morning, Simon, Good morning, Jerny.
Speaker 8: How are you.
Speaker 3: You've been converted as well? This is like a cult. This is like silent si intology for your feet at the moment you're wearing them as well.
Speaker 8: Yeah, definitely. I'm forty seven, only been converted for the last couple of years. Warrant of my Christmas function at a fancy winery. No, yeah, it was nice with focks because you've got to you know, you've got to dress to the occasion. Had on my Christmas give it sooner.
Speaker 3: Was beautifully Christmas stupid Simon.
Speaker 8: Can you have to It's like a It's like a rubber cloud to your foot. You have to try them out.
Speaker 1: Joey.
Speaker 8: That is a great Bay is definitely on board. There, He's on the right path.
Speaker 2: You know, if I know nothing else about Simon, I can gather enough information from that. Simon's the man. He's the man, all right.
Speaker 4: Well done to you, Simon, I think Stacy from Morval, Oh can we stop you're a croc lover as well.
Speaker 1: I am. I wear them everywhere.
Speaker 3: I've got them on my feet right now.
Speaker 2: Of course, of course you do, because you like it when you feet feel good, Stacey.
Speaker 3: Are you wearing them to work?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: I do wear them to work.
Speaker 3: Where do you work, Stace?
Speaker 2: Do you say you feel work?
Speaker 6: Child cares?
Speaker 4: So all of my gibbits are like child related.
Speaker 1: I've got some Barbie, some Malwana toy story for the kids.
Speaker 2: Jealous, I want.
Speaker 3: That's your favorite movie?
Speaker 2: My god?
Speaker 3: Why don't you organize a gibet extra angel with Stacey.
Speaker 2: Maybe you can do that. I'm sure there's a market we can trade gibbets.
Speaker 4: It has to be Thanks so much, Stace. One more Angela from Andrew's farm.
Speaker 3: Are you on the crop train?
Speaker 7: Absolutely not, there we go.
Speaker 3: They are horrible.
Speaker 8: They look terrible and no one over the age of thirty should be.
Speaker 2: Wearing Oh wow, okay, I'll take that on board.
Speaker 1: End.
Speaker 3: Do you have an alternative to crops? Angela? No, I just wear.
Speaker 2: Archers. That's pretty good.
Speaker 7: That's not bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but I tend to wear jersey shoes for work.
Speaker 3: Yes, like a fully grown adult that you are. Angela. Well, done.
Speaker 2: Can I can I ask Angela, have you actually tried them before?
Speaker 7: I have an fan of blimey and.
Speaker 1: They just look terrible. They didn't match with any of mic clothing.
Speaker 8: They definitely in the house.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Angela. The common sense is finally prevailed in this space.
Speaker 2: Well that's one in four. Okay, that's one in four.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what are you trying to assemble a croc army.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to assemble a croc army. I just said before. I'm driving the croc train. Need some passengers. I'm thirteen twenty fourteen, and maybe in particular, are you over thirty and really discovered crocs at the late age? Because I'm telling you when they first came out, I was so anticross Yes, And now I'll tell you if I got married again, if I me and Karen, which is to redo it all, would I be wearing crocs? Who knows? Who knows? You can't judge in the space because you guys wore songs at your wedding.
Speaker 3: That's true, but it was in Bali, So that's okay.
Speaker 2: All right? Are you on board? Or maybe you're really really aggressively hated thirteen twenty fourteen.
Speaker 3: Also fancy thongs. They were heavy on its thanks, No, it must be nice.
Speaker 7: I need to know. I need to know now.
Speaker 1: I need to know, I need to know.
Speaker 2: I need to know what to news today.
Speaker 3: Here's what you need to know.
Speaker 2: You know what you need to know With Jody and asy O.
Speaker 4: Josh has just come up with an outrageous Oscar fact. Please explain how wicked the musical, how that banging tunes from there got beaten by what?
Speaker 7: Yeah, the film Amelia Perez has won Best Original Soundtrack and it's really weird. I think Hazy's got a snippet of one of the songs.
Speaker 2: Can you just explain what the film's actually about?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Sure, So it's about a cartel leader who's going into hiding and to assist in that, he's having a sex change so people don't know who he is.
Speaker 2: So this is a song about having a sex change. What a predictable script. By the way, listen to this song.
Speaker 3: Very nice to meet.
Speaker 2: I'd like to know what about sex change?
Speaker 3: I see.
Speaker 2: Men two women, a woman, two men, man two women from Penis resh hit sim that's one an Oscar it did and that be wicked?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Well, I don't even think defying gravity can come certainly.
Speaker 2: Wow, I'm going to be ask with you, Jay's it's hard to predict the winners and losers when it comes to the oscars. I didn't see that one taking home and gong.
Speaker 8: But here we are.
Speaker 3: Do you know what's going to be in my head all day cruising around Channel ten being.
Speaker 2: Still how we need to talk about the cyclone?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Because this is absolutely threatening to derail the opening round of the AFL Thursday night. It's not going to happen Brisbane hosting the Cats.
Speaker 3: Are you calling it now?
Speaker 2: Let's just call it now?
Speaker 3: I think you called it about ten plus seven's.
Speaker 2: Because Andrew Dylon is refusing to call it. He wants to call it in the moment, but understandably if you're a Geelong Cat or you're a Brisbane line and if you're a fan of those teams, just make the decision right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 4: And then is it just a situation where they've replayed it in a couple of weeks when they.
Speaker 2: Get a chance, Well, they've got a buy coming up, so both those sides have a buy coming up. I think it's round three they won't be playing, So I just played there bit of a delayed start sound.
Speaker 3: Let my kids trying to get time off school already went in there like four weeks into the term.
Speaker 2: They got to buy a week if we can, we negotiate having the first day off school.
Speaker 3: Doesn't make sense, doesn't He's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: The cycling watch has been issued for the first time since nineteen ninety. That seems outrageous as well.
Speaker 5: Does I know?
Speaker 4: Also the figures that they're talking like one hundred and thirty five kilometers an hour the wins and also.
Speaker 3: Four hundred and six between four hundred and six hundred millimeters of.
Speaker 2: Rain, that's what we're the footy baby, that's insane. That is next level wet weather footy.
Speaker 3: That is really gross.
Speaker 2: One man who would have had to deal with all sorts of treacherous conditions because he played his football in Geelong as well and did so unbelievably well, three hundred and fifty plus games, five times all Australian three time premiership players. Tom Hawkins, you just do folks.
Speaker 3: So you just did all that off the top of your head.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm a footy nerd.
Speaker 3: You didn't even you didn't read that off a sheet of paper.
Speaker 2: I'm a football nerd, and I'm a big fan of Tom Hawkins. Who isn't I'm only human. If you if you like football, I'll say this you like or love Tom Hawkins.
Speaker 3: Also, you don't have to rain man it with the stits.
Speaker 2: We sometimes I can't remember my kid's birthday, but I know all stats about Tom Hawkins. That's be concerning, right, You're weido produce money.
Speaker 3: Can I just say I don't like football, but I like Tom Hawkins. He's pretty, he
Speaker 2: Got tammy eyes.