Speaker 1: Jason Lauren on over one hundred.
Speaker 2: Clint and I yesterday had one of the longest working days I think I've ever had. You went, we did, so we did the radio show in the morning. As you know, we raced to the airport to get on an eleven thirty flights Sydney. That was quantity. It's renovation, because you know, I'm a Virgin girl. It is under renovation.
Speaker 1: Notice none of the food courts just open.
Speaker 3: The new food court there.
Speaker 2: Well, I was with Clint, so he is a frequent flyer, and the flight was ten minutes late, so we managed to get in to get a coffee quickly in the lounge, but I didn't We went the other way.
Speaker 1: We didn't walk past the food offer.
Speaker 4: How was the actual aircraft though? Did you have a nice flight? Because I was trying to I was trying to bring you back to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he was head wobbling around because they all know him because he travels all the time and he loves.
Speaker 1: And he said, you.
Speaker 4: Know, there was a pan on foot.
Speaker 1: I've got us on the emergency exit ro because he's he's brought some strings clear.
Speaker 2: This is going to be great for us to just sit for an hour and a half in bond. He was asleep before we took off. Also took the window seat and then fell asleep before takeoff.
Speaker 1: I was like, dude, as.
Speaker 5: A concerned traveler, Yeah, I do think he should be in charge of the emergency emergency.
Speaker 1: Exit I sleep anyway, good point. I'll give you that. He got you there this way.
Speaker 2: So we're a bit stressed because we knew we had we had to be at this amazing media opportunity to interview Poormer Scale, which every girl in her twenties is abused me over in my dms because they are with him and Blake's and their force and.
Speaker 1: Fred Heischer. Fore they they were great gladiated.
Speaker 2: We get to the interview, and then we also had to interview Connie Nelson, who is the leading lady I would say in gladiated too.
Speaker 1: So we were stressed. We didn't want to be late, but we got there.
Speaker 4: She was after the boys.
Speaker 2: She was after the boys, and so by the time we got to Connie, because they can run like those junkeets, because they're like back to back into views, We're only on the ground in Sydney for two hours, and we knew we had to be.
Speaker 4: We've done our research.
Speaker 1: We had we've done our research.
Speaker 4: We were pretty well.
Speaker 2: But it got to the point the door wasn't open, and I said to the lady, I think we're going to have to go because we're going to miss a flight.
Speaker 1: We need to leave.
Speaker 2: So unfortunately we've done our Poormerskyle interview and we're like, we're gonna have to say no to Connie.
Speaker 1: So when you sat down with Connie, everything needed to go to plan. Yes, well, jump out a quick interview and then race to them.
Speaker 2: It probably had to be even better than going to plan. So we get there and as we go to set up to leave, they're like, Clint and Lauren, you're up. So in we went and they said you only got seven minutes. We said, don't worry, we won't go over time. Because we've only got six minutes.
Speaker 1: I might watch nothing can stop us. We need to get to the airport.
Speaker 2: No, and Clint, there were some moments that I thought you and I not entertainment.
Speaker 1: I wanted sixty minutes, mode didn't I you did?
Speaker 2: How'd that go?
Speaker 4: Not?
Speaker 1: Great? In some parts? Have A listened to this great question you asked, and.
Speaker 4: Your your character this beautiful, motherly character. I mean, what's it like to play a character like yours? Because she wants to be loved.
Speaker 6: You know, well, so I don't see her that way. The way I see Lucilla is that she loves people, and she loves her community, and she loves these ideas.
Speaker 4: Oh, she basically refuted.
Speaker 1: She said, that's not the character at all.
Speaker 4: Really.
Speaker 1: When Dickie Wilkins there for a bit, to you like.
Speaker 2: How many times he said character in the question? I said to her, what about when?
Speaker 1: I mean? I asked her, and all of this is up on the podcast. You can have listen.
Speaker 2: I said to her, were you surprised how many people asked if Russell Crowe was going to come back?
Speaker 1: Because like spoiler avert, he dies in the first one.
Speaker 3: Yea.
Speaker 2: So it's so many people who said, oh, it's Russell crowing, it's Russell crowing it and I'm like, no, he's dead.
Speaker 1: Could have been a prequel.
Speaker 4: And I said to so many people were asking the question?
Speaker 2: I said, are you surprised for how many people ask that question? She goes, no one's asking me that question? Me deadpan in the aynswered no one asked that question?
Speaker 1: To which she's dead.
Speaker 4: To which I witnessed fear and panic in Lawrence.
Speaker 1: Up and then I lost my train of thought and I was raddled.
Speaker 2: Anyway, by this stage, I'm like, if we don't know, we're going to miss the flight.
Speaker 1: And then this happened.
Speaker 6: There was like a moment when it had a couple of scenes with I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: There's like, we've got a whipper snipper here, the whipper snipper.
Speaker 6: You know, it's a it's like a work crew on the harbor. I think it's doing this. Apologies again, yeah, apologies.
Speaker 2: Because they were like in the background, all the publicists like stop the interview.
Speaker 1: We've got to stop. We've got to stop. More like to stop, but we're not going to get.
Speaker 2: Home more good questions anyway.
Speaker 1: Connie Nelson was lovely. She's quite extraordinary.
Speaker 2: She's one of the only cast members who's in Gladiator one and yeah, she plays a beauty.
Speaker 1: Beautiful motherly Jesus, here we go. They needed to wrap up music for you.
Speaker 2: I promise our poor mescal interview is much more professional. Will be the judge of that.
Speaker 1: Let's catch up with the cast of one of the biggest movies this year.
Speaker 7: Our next two guests are stars of the hotly anticipated blockbuster action sequel Gladiator Too.
Speaker 4: I don't fight for power.
Speaker 7: I was liked The Free Road from.
Speaker 2: Men like Them.
Speaker 4: Please welcome to the show, Paul Mascual and Fred Hashinger.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 2: Firstly, congratulations on both your performances. What an epic film. Twenty four years since the original Gladiator.
Speaker 1: Fred, you were one, Paul, it was one. You're one when the OG came out. Paul, you were four.
Speaker 7: That's four, at the rape old age of four.
Speaker 2: What age did you see the original Gladiator?
Speaker 7: But somewhere between thirteen and fifteen. I can't remember exactly, but I watched it with my dad's which feels like some sort of rite of passage that if I ever have children, I'll like look forward to showing them both Gladiator one and Gladiator Too.
Speaker 1: Now, how were you when you saw it?
Speaker 3: Friend? I just remember watching it on TV over and over again, because one of those films I feel was always on television, and so it's one of the first movies where I think I like accidentally memorized it so many times.
Speaker 2: So then when you get the call up to star in a film like this, I mean it's one of the most iconic films I know in my lifetime and in our lifetimes.
Speaker 1: How does it go?
Speaker 2: Do you get the call from Ridley Scott saying, hey, I want you to be Gladiated, You get.
Speaker 7: The call that your agency like really wants to talk to you about Gladiator too, and you're like, well, that's a win in and of itself, and then yeah, huge, and then Ridley just everything with Ridley moves so quickly, So you spent I spent like all of thirty minutes with him, and then he decided to to cast me and it was over zoom. It was just insane.
Speaker 1: So it's not a huge audition process with him.
Speaker 7: No, No, I thought we were going to have to do camera tests and auditions, and he just I think he's kind of got the respect of so many studios that if he wants a certain person in the film, they just.
Speaker 4: I dare say. It's not something you mullet over though you must have said yes.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, you just if Ridley asks you to be insane, just say yes.
Speaker 2: Because I've heard often with him, you know that you're getting cast in the film, but you don't know what character?
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 2: Or do you know exactly what role you're playing when he called you.
Speaker 3: In this case, knew the character. But he moves. That's I think he really lives from the gut. When he has an idea and a decision, he wants, he wants, he wants it to happen, and he wants to make so many films so it doesn't want to waste any time.
Speaker 4: So we've seen it. But also the trailers out so I'm not giving too much away. But animals, can we talk animals, Lauren.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of wild, crazy animals in this film. I mean the dog monkeys, the dog monkeys with the dog monkeys.
Speaker 7: So there's like dog monkeys, there's amphibious creatures. People say the dog monkeys, they're actually they're just just a wild yeah, Christen, dog monkeys, I feel like I've missed something.
Speaker 5: I'm like, I'm pretty sure a bit, but yeah, but they we were filmed with amazing stump Man who like basically they put these crutches on the front of their on top of their arms so they would mimic the movement.
Speaker 1: Amazing, amazing.
Speaker 3: I mean you saw you careful, LUs just needed her first.
Speaker 1: Day kid, I don't want to run into a baboon in the wild.
Speaker 4: After that, can we let them in on the secret?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 4: Lauren turned to me and asked, she's like those animals real like.
Speaker 1: And then I reminded myself that they are endangered. We are not writing.
Speaker 3: My first day, I believe, was the rhinoceros in the Colosseum and they had built this incredible animatronic rhinoceros that slowly blinked.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it actually was able to so it looked looked fully.
Speaker 1: Your monkey is your monkey Monkey animals.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the actress monkey actresses named Sherry. She plays Donde and this is her first film.
Speaker 2: And the actress Monkey's name is Sherry. So did you have to build a real relationship with Sherry because your character is so kooky?
Speaker 3: Would? But it's good. It was cheap code, you know, to have such a great animal on your shoulder when you're when you're going through all that insanity, to have a creature that's so impulsive, and you know, can.
Speaker 4: We ask you about the rig.
Speaker 1: The rig you're based in this?
Speaker 3: The rig?
Speaker 7: The rig, the rig islands? What do we call it? I now understand the.
Speaker 4: Physical physical role? Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Physical you have to do you you have to go to the gym.
Speaker 3: You have to.
Speaker 7: I had the like Tim Blakey was my trainer. He was just unbelievable. But I was lucky that I had a good bit of time out in advance where I wasn't trying to cram everything into a couple of months. So it was like, slowly, what did.
Speaker 1: You eat to get muscles like that?
Speaker 7: It's a chicken, lots of broccoli.
Speaker 1: This morning, just to prepare myself.
Speaker 7: But it was, it was they made everything that could possibly have been made easier easier with with with it all. But there's no kind of reinventing in the wheels. Just go to the gym, lift weights, curls, bicep curls absolutely for days, for days, half fitness.
Speaker 1: Sky on the show.
Speaker 2: So I expect you to be eating chicken and bccoli.
Speaker 1: Guys, it is just extraordinary. You both play such amazing roles. You must be so.
Speaker 7: Proud of his film, unbelievably proud, Like I think seeing seeing like the people that showed up at the premiere last night, and just it reminded me last night of like what the first film meant to people, what the second film means to us and the audiences that are encountering it. It's really really proud and special moment.
Speaker 4: Paul, just quickly, I know I saw you rocking around in some Collingwood Football Club shorts. These are from Melbourne. These are the Melbourne so they are the Demons in the a f very famous irishman played for the D's Jim Stars. Who's what?
Speaker 7: Big is taken? Allie still playing?
Speaker 4: No No, he's retired now. He's also legend, but enjoyed them. I want to see you running around.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much, Thank you very much, Jason, Lauren Lauren wake Up Feeling Good on No.
Speaker 1: One hundred. Lauren on socials