Speaker 1: And he was like, oh yeah, Like, we were on this bus on the way back from the Portsypolla and there was this guy who was in this cubicle and he like was really drunk and then took a number two in a bass and it's stunk.
Speaker 2: It stunk out the whole bus.
Speaker 1: So when he came out of the toilet, everyone was like booing him at boo.
Speaker 2: Where's Your Head At? Is a podcast that talks full things.
Speaker 1: Right, hold on a sec, let's give this a refresh.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 3: I'm Anna and I'm Matt, and we are now too newlywed not to each other. Just a female and male best friend here for the good, the bad, and the ugly times.
Speaker 1: And exploring adulthood, family relationships, dilemmas.
Speaker 3: And whatever else we have the mental capacity to deal with.
Speaker 2: Come get the lowdown.
Speaker 3: This is your male and female perspective.
Speaker 1: So, Matt, where's your head At?
Speaker 3: Good morning, Anna, and welcome to another episode of Where's Your Head At? Where's Your Head At?
Speaker 1: I'm currently on maternity lead and I think by now I will have a little baby, which is very exciting. I honestly I'm like thinking about it. Now, what will have been doing right now?
Speaker 3: We're pulling your hair out, stressed as not realizing what comes with having a baby.
Speaker 2: No negative vibes from you?
Speaker 3: Shit, what have I done? No, you'll be fine. I'm sure you'll fill the mother role. You're very nurturing and caring.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pumping me out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you'll be fine. I think that older Spike.
Speaker 2: Will be he's had so many names.
Speaker 3: I think he'll be very chilled at this moment.
Speaker 1: It's all I'm hoping for is a healthy, happy baby, and that's all.
Speaker 2: But it is.
Speaker 1: Funny because since doing Where's your Bump Hat, I've spoken a lot about how there's a lot of like negative vibes out there to mums, like it's gonna be so hard, you're going to get no sleep, it's going to be horrible. And you know what, maybe when I come back from this maternity leave, I'm just going to be so straight up, I'm going to tell you exactly how it was. But I hope I can have like I hope i'm positive, and I hope for myself that I have really happy moments and like like we said, I do love my straight eight hours of sleep, but since being pregnant, I get up in the middle of the night anyway to well.
Speaker 2: That's it's already getting broken up.
Speaker 3: This time you'll be getting old stand up of Stanley Stanley alone, I did Snake Snake, snake up and if be trying to find the nipple to get breastfed.
Speaker 2: He's really running out.
Speaker 1: He's going with snake for the name, he's really running out of uptious.
Speaker 2: You still haven't got.
Speaker 3: It, just really really, this is either way too obvious or way too unique unique. I'm not sure what it would be.
Speaker 2: How have you been that good?
Speaker 3: I don't don't really know where I'll be right now coming out. I have no idea. Just being Matthew, I probably would have visited you in the hospital.
Speaker 2: Have you had your hooping cough injection?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like I would have. I saw a baby in the hospital a couple of years ago. I checked that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because that's actually a conversation I'm having with people at the moment where you have to kind of like.
Speaker 3: Oh, gibble check at the doctors.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The midwife said to me that usually if they've had it in the last five years, that's the best because then the immunity starts going down.
Speaker 3: Oh I should be fine. That was like two years ago. How old it at the hospital?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what.
Speaker 1: I had it like two weeks ago. And the hooping cough injection actually hurts. It's like getting punched for like a week, just like really like tetanus. Yeah, I've had tennis. Hooping cough has a bit of tennis in it. I had the flu injection fine, it did not hurt it all going in.
Speaker 3: Do you remember when I went in to get my the Remember we're getting vaccinated for COVID and I had to get my second jab. I remember I went in and they gave me the flu one and instead and I left and I was like no, because remember the vaccine was free. And then they started to charge me and I was like, oh, you don't have to charge for that. And then they were like no, no, you got the flu shot. Do you remember no? And then I was like I didn't want that, and then they they I should be back into the room and then chagged me with the thing in the same arm and just said we'll give you the flu shot for free. And I was like, what.
Speaker 2: Did you not like check it before they're trained people. I don't think that, you know, but if you're rocking up somewhere. Aren't you just announcing to them, Hey, I'm.
Speaker 3: Happy for a COVID one.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I really, as much as I love this chat, like I really gives you the talking about COVID a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean? Like, I feel like it's a memory of like a couple of years. Yes, exactly. But I have suppressed and put in a dark room.
Speaker 3: That's not a healthy you know, you should go talk to your therapist.
Speaker 2: I don't want to talk about it. Andrew's face. Let me cry, Beto, we came on the screen.
Speaker 3: Fuck, that's a throwback on that. Let's move on to this article that I had such a.
Speaker 2: Weird chat from us. I'm so sorry, guy, I'm sorry. I'm heavily pregnant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we're recording episodes to make sure you guys can listen, and everyone's like, fuck, what are they talking about now?
Speaker 2: I'm dark?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Okay, So I found this article owner.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Woman forgives and marries motorists who accidentally ran her over.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: A twenty three year old Chinese woman was hit by a speeding car driven by thirty six year old ling. Despite breaking her collar bone, she forgave him and her and her family chose to press no charges. Lee visited her daily in the hospital and they grew closer. Three weeks later, she confessed to her love, though he initially declined due to their age GAF, they eventually married.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, I mean, you know what I always used to think, like, I wonder how I'll meet my future husband.
Speaker 2: I want it to be a good story.
Speaker 1: And that is a floody, unbelievable story when you think about.
Speaker 3: It, imagine getting hit by a car, going to hospital, breaking your collarbone, and then falling in love with the person who hit you.
Speaker 1: The fact that he came to visit her in the hospital every day, you feel it's kind of like a little romance novel.
Speaker 2: Like I feel like they could make that into.
Speaker 3: A movie that honestly could be a movie.
Speaker 2: And that is a movie.
Speaker 3: I was about to say that it does sound like a plot to a movie. What's the movie where? It's like, is it? What's a movie? Where is that? A cute meat that meets you? Meet you? Ye, meet you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's it. Well, it's like a very aggressive meat cute, but nonetheless it is a meet cute.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like you know, you would never hear anyone who's been in a car accident say I don't want to take that back.
Speaker 3: You've never heard someone that says they wish they were in that car accident. They always say, you know, I don't want to be in a car accident.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I wish I could take that back in my life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, nothing good happen for a car act. But luckily in this one, she's met her partner.
Speaker 1: This is the only scenario where she would opt, if she could do life again, to be in the car accident because she meets the love of her life who she then marries.
Speaker 3: It's cute. I mean, it's kind of like.
Speaker 2: The butterfly effect though right everyone's talking about that at the moment.
Speaker 3: Effect.
Speaker 1: Doesn't it mean that if you didn't if something didn't happen to you, Like for instance, if the car accident didn't happen, then they wouldn't have met, and then they wouldn't have got married, and then it's like all of these things happen. It's kind of like forks in the road. Like if you come to a fork in the road in your life and you can choose thing a verse thing b if you choose the wrong one, then potentially you might never meet the love of your life, you might never travel the world, you might never I don't know, cross paths with someone who is going to be your future business partner, whatever it might be.
Speaker 3: Do you ever think to yourself, because I remember I've thought this before, have you ever been in the same room or being in the same area, how close you reckon you got to Michael before you met him.
Speaker 1: Do you know what's so interesting that you're saying this is recently we had a conversation and you know how everyone used to go to the Portzy Polo and it was like a thing. Yeah, I think, yeah, it was like it was a real thing for me. I don't know if it's still going, but it was a thing back in the day. Basically everyone would like get buses from Melbourne to Portsy attend the Portzy Polo. It was a really fun event. I used to it literally used to be one of my favorite events of the year. And it was so funny because Michael the other day was talking about going to the Portzy Polo and was telling me this story and he was like, oh, yeah, Like we were on this bus on the way back from the Portzya Polo and there was this guy who was in this cubicle and he like was really drunk and then took a number two in the bus and it's stunk.
Speaker 2: It stunk out the whole bus.
Speaker 1: So when he came out of the toilet, everyone was like booing him, like boom, and he was telling you this story, and I was like, I was there.
Speaker 2: When that happened.
Speaker 3: You're on that bus, like this.
Speaker 1: Was a long time ago, but I remember this story, and I don't know, I'm pretty sure, like I would have been pretty drunk because it's a full day of drinking.
Speaker 2: It's like going to the races, go to the Portsya Polo.
Speaker 1: But I'm pretty sure I was there for this moment, and I'm pretty sure I was booing huge.
Speaker 3: That's a mass If you guys are in the same.
Speaker 2: Class we think, we don't know.
Speaker 1: I need to like go back to that exact time. He's pretty good with dates, Michael is, So I'm going to go back and see if I can like look at the photos from like that time, because.
Speaker 3: Imagine that's I want to stay. Let's let's check in on that and see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's like have you seen those photos of there's like a couple who are looking this girl was looking back at old photos of her when she was little. She was like literally three, and she's at Disneyland and they're taking a photo of her with Minie Mouse and literally in the background is her husband as a baby.
Speaker 3: Let's reach out. Le's see if people have that. I reckon we do an episode on cute Meat. There's a lot more to dive into. Meet cute so and dive into that a lot more, because that's a fascinating stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's pretty cool, pretty cool, it's very special if it happened.
Speaker 3: Let's let's let's when you're when we're off paternity leave, let's look into that.
Speaker 1: Let's yeah, we'll circle back and see if I can find any picks.
Speaker 3: Real quick. I almost forgot though. I bought some triggers you were I bought some triggered pants, so I'm bringing them back. I got the blue ones. They're in the mail. Guys. Hopefully by the next record see.
Speaker 2: Online purchase and you went blue.
Speaker 3: I went blue, So hopefully by the next time we record, I've got my triggers on.
Speaker 1: You did say you were going to buy some, so you followed through bringing them back. You're gonna be wearing them all winter. This is actually I'm wearing trackies today. This is the first day that I've wore trackies and not pants. I've just I just realized in.
Speaker 3: Melbourne I was wearing I put on originally my like linen sort of vibe pants, and I realized, no, I'm in Melbourne. It's sucking cold, and I put my jeans on. Let's get into the hot line, get into Hotland.
Speaker 2: I'm having a Brax and Higgs. Okay, this one is anonymous.
Speaker 4: Hi, guys, be a friend of the podcast. I wanted to send a voice not because I had a bit of a weird situation happen and I'd love to get your opinions on it. So I was having drinks to a couple of girlfriends after work in the city and I went up to the bar to order and s guy came up behind me and put his armor on my waist and was like hello, stranger, and I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: And it was my boyfriend's dad. So we were just talking.
Speaker 4: It was just like funny, Like I did not expect to see him at a bar anyway. He was there with like some of his coworkers as well, so he was having a laugh and then I don't know, it just felt a bit off. He was a bit handsy to me and genuinely felt like he was flirting with me.
Speaker 2: We've met a few times.
Speaker 4: But my boyfriend and I haven't been together that long, so it was like a really really weird, really weird interaction. He didn't like make a move on me, but I genuinely felt like he was going to.
Speaker 2: So now I'm just in a weird position.
Speaker 4: Should I tell my boyfriend or not? Like I feel like I'm keeping a secret from him, but I also don't want to cause a drama between the family. I don't want to make him mad his dad, and I also kind of feel like I don't want to embarrass his dad. So let me know what you guys think. I don't know if I'm just being weird, but I just I don't know what to do.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that literally just gave me the full blown ick. I just had shivers go down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's icky. What do you do in that situation?
Speaker 2: I think I'm a bit stumped. That is just so uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: You tell him, you tell the partner.
Speaker 1: Someone, Yeah, you tell you tell them, but like in a chill way, you're like, oh, your dad was there the other night and he was being a bit like he's putting his hand on my leg.
Speaker 2: It was a bit weird.
Speaker 1: It's too much, it's too much. But then she's like, if this, if her boyfriend is the love of her life and they're going to be married, then the family is going to be together forever. But in saying that, like there needs to be boundaries, and.
Speaker 3: Surely he's embarrassed, so that dad, actually the dad doesn't want to see her. Maybe you had a couple of dreams.
Speaker 1: Maybe he was blackout and doesn't remember. It sounds like that because who in their right mind would do that if he wasn't blackout, that's like a whole not excusing it if he was blackout.
Speaker 2: But I feel like it's just like.
Speaker 1: Because because you know how they say, like drunk people's actions and words are like what their sober feelings are like ugh, and then what do you do do you talk to you dad? Like, Oh, it's just like so layered and.
Speaker 3: Ugh that someone coming to start.
Speaker 1: It's it's such a hard situation because I feel like in the situation, she's probably like trying to like be friendly with her father in law obviously because it's her father in law and she's trying to make a good impression. But in the moment where like the leg goes, the hand goes on the leg is the moment where you really like.
Speaker 2: Need to be like what are you doing?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: But in saying that, I feel like, as women, like and I'm just talking personally, it's so hard to not be a people pleaser sometimes, Like for me, I'm such a people pleaser, especially in like weird situations like that or like you know, as women, we often say sorry all the time, even when we don't need to. And I think in situations like this, you just want to kind of get out of it without rustling feathers. And I know that that's sometimes not the right thing to do, but it's just.
Speaker 3: Like, ugh, it's so ikey, I reckon, don't go to any family events. Fuck the dog, But you can't just you can touch you feel it's disgusting, it feels, it makes you feel, it makes you feel vulnerable, and like icky, I agree, And you don't want to put yourself in a position where you have to see a guy that makes.
Speaker 1: You feel like that I think Unfortunately, she needs to have a conversation with her boyfriend and.
Speaker 3: It's going to be very uncomfortable and it's going to be very awkward, But that is conversation you need to have with your boyfriend and explain what happened.
Speaker 1: And he probably then needs to have a conversation with his dad and say this can never happen again.
Speaker 3: Yep, And it might tear a rip in the family and you're not there and you're not in the business of breaking families up. But I mean, you have to put your safety and your mental health first, make yourself feel comfortable in situations. Yeah, you have to be selfish in this situation, there's no point And.
Speaker 1: I feel like when people kind of test those boundaries, even in this situation it's a father in law, which is so icky, but in any situation, I feel like sometimes people push boundaries and test boundaries to see how far they can get, and maybe things could get like a lot.
Speaker 3: Worse anywhere at another family event, it could get even worse because you're right, you've now he's pushed a boundary, and someone that's.
Speaker 1: Seeing how you've reacted.
Speaker 3: And someone who's willing to push a boundary already like that, like we've had this conversation before, is then willing to push boundaries and see how far they can keep going?
Speaker 2: Ye, So nip it in the bud. That's our advice. That's our advice. Good lufeu.
Speaker 1: We don't wish that situation upon anyone, honestly, Okay, Matt, that's all we have time for. As I said, I'm still on maternity leave. I hope you guys are all having a lovely June. And until next time, Bye bye