Speaker 1: Oh hi, and welcome to the Chrissy Cast, where I chat with my regular group of friends and interesting people from all over the world. And today's interesting person is none other than world famous psychic medium John Edward. I mean you would have seen him. You've probably been to his shows so everywhere. He's even been on the Kardashians. He's been thrilling us and touring everywhere all over the globe for the last a two billion years, I reckon now. He popped over to the compound to chat about all sorts of stuff, but I was particularly thrilled with the new game I made just for him. Is it Haunted? Enjoy? Welcome to the Christy Cast, John Edward, Thank you.
Speaker 2: For having me my friend.
Speaker 1: As I live and breathe, I cannot believe that you are here at my home.
Speaker 2: Yes, I am here, and I will be stealing your dog.
Speaker 1: Oh I know. He is it Murphy beautiful and he liked you straight away, straightway, even though you're wearing black like Johnny Cash. Is this the inspire today? If who come as Johnny.
Speaker 2: Cash, I'm the man in black.
Speaker 1: You are the man in black. Murphy loves you. Normally he doesn't warm to people who wear just black really, but he must see inside your soul. John Edwards Energy. Maybe you could go on tour with him.
Speaker 2: He's a cutie.
Speaker 1: He is a kiddie. I've got so many questions. I've been so excited to see you. I saw you last year in Sydney and it was characteristically nuts.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: I want to start by letting people know that you and I have been friends for a long time. Now. I reckon about twelve years.
Speaker 2: You would know, you would know better time wise.
Speaker 1: I think it's about twelve years.
Speaker 2: When was the circle first time?
Speaker 1: About twelve thirteen years ago, something like that. And you know you came in the in the second year and straight away we just connected.
Speaker 2: We were the two kids that were get thrown out of class together.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, And you've always made me feel like a bit magical and I want to thank you for that. I want to ask you what you think of me. We've never done this before.
Speaker 2: No, we really haven't. I you are a scorpio, yes, and I have a scorpio rising right, so we have a celestial cousin kind of a vibe. So I felt very connected to from the first time I met you at the show. I loved your energy. You were effervescent. You are effervescent.
Speaker 1: I'm bonkers.
Speaker 2: But you're also like a little impish, so you have that little devilish side to you.
Speaker 1: So I'll never forget what we got up to in the kitchen on the circle. I mean it was a live television show and we were nearly kicked off the set. Yes, we're very naughty, yes, but.
Speaker 2: You managed you. You you powered through. I just pulled myself and I was like, I'm not going to be invited back to the show yet, but do you know I still make that recipe. I still have that recipe the game cooking. It was a chicken. Yeah, I can tell you two seconds.
Speaker 1: Okay, fantastic, do it.
Speaker 2: It's in my phone.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I love this because it was really good. It was a really good recipe. Did you bring the recipe or did we we?
Speaker 2: You had somebody there.
Speaker 1: That's right, And then you were like, I'm going to cook two.
Speaker 2: And they put me. They put me into this segment with you.
Speaker 1: Big mistake, big mistake. Huge. I can't wait. I can't believe you remember the recipe it was?
Speaker 2: Are you ready? Yeah? Okay, thirteen years old, here we go. Braised chicken. Raised chicken leg with pearl barley, serves four five small chicken legs, skin on bone. In time, you guys would say, shalottes whole, two finely diced five hundred mL of chicken stock, three hundred grams of pearl barley, one bunch of flat leaf parsley, dice, butter, spring onions, sea salt. Taste delicious.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's amazing. And you just put it all in a baking dish you and bang, yep, it was delicious. Can you please send that to me. I'm going to make that again. I've got, as you know, so many questions for you, and I'm just going to barrel through. Is that okay, let's do it. What is it like when you are in the same room as another medium? Is it like two cats off Instagram circling each other?
Speaker 2: And it could be depending upon the medium. If it's somebody that I know, it's a really healthy conversation. If it's a person that I respect, then it's a dynamic conversation because we are going to have a shared experience. If it's someone that tells me that they're a medium, but I've never seen them work and I have no idea if it's legit or if they're where they're coming from, more importantly, where they're coming from with the intention of their work. Yeah, then I'm going to be very powered down and almost removed. Really, I was approached. I became very very close to doing another big television show, probably about a decade ago, and it was back by a powerhouse person that was already having a very successful show. Yeah, and as we were.
Speaker 1: As we were trying to know who it is, of course doctor Phil. Oh right, doctor h got another question about that, but don't get two yes.
Speaker 2: But it was doctor Phil's. He was kind of looking through and that was going to be myself at another medium that I respect her. Namasha Margolis just texting it before I walked in here, and they wanted other people to, you know, kind of be a part of that, and I didn't really resonate with some of the people, so it was kind of like, I just, you know, am one of the one of the women. As lovely as she was, you know, she was like, oh my god, isn't this so exciting? And I was like, you know, I've done this twice before, like I've done two internationally syndicated shows. So excitement is not how I would look at it. Opportunity to teach and explain the process is how I would come from it. Yeah, right, But she had not done that, so she was looking at it from an excitement standpoint, and I.
Speaker 1: Just she was thinking of all the free shit she was about to get. And I understand that she.
Speaker 2: Was thinking about, like, this is going to be a great opportunity for my career realistically, Yeah, and if it happened, it would have been. But I was like, you should probably know, like I don't play nice in the sandbox, and she like looked at me, like what does that mean? I go It means that I have my own sandbox and I've kind of created that. Yes, and I play over here, and even though I might be doing something with somebody else, I'm still over here. Like I launched an app called I Showed You Evolve plus dot TV. Yeah, I have my own channel on my own app because I keep myself separate. So I kind of feel like I have a lone wolf kind of approach.
Speaker 1: To me too. That is why you are here at my house because I think I am a lone wolf.
Speaker 2: Because you know, you can be responsible for your words and actions and what you do. Yeah, and in my field, you know, I have to be careful who I sat next to because if that person's not coming from the right spot, if there's a splat factor for them, then by association, I don't want.
Speaker 1: It lay down with dogs, as they say, do you get sick and tied? Oh? Wait, First of all, I want to talk about doctor Phil. Does he still have TV shows? He retired?
Speaker 2: Retired according to my limited knowledge, you know, he is now trying to launch his own network. Right, and he just did a really pathetic interview with Donald Trump, who I'm not a fan of me neither.
Speaker 1: Why is his wife Robin in the front row and clapping every single show?
Speaker 2: I don't know. But did your did my wife call you and tell you to ask me that question?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: She'd always be like, what is she got to be at every show for? I'm like, I don't know. She was like, I don't get it. I'm like, I don't, I don't what are you asking me? I don't know.
Speaker 1: My spidy senses tell me this. She doesn't trust him.
Speaker 2: She just loves her husband and what he does.
Speaker 1: I don't buy that. I would be very off put put off. If someone insisted to come and sit in that chair and watch me work, I would be very, very upset.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I've never had that conversent with me personally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I would be like.
Speaker 2: Listen, I came on tour last year and I told all for Australian and I had a great experience. And I brought my two aunts, my only remaining aunts that are alive my mom's side of the family, and I think they felt obligated that they had to come to my like come to my events. And I finally said to them, I was like, go out, go eat, Like, yeah, you've seen me.
Speaker 1: You're their baby nephew. What are their names?
Speaker 2: Uh, Teresa yep and big Row Roseanne?
Speaker 1: Oh my god are they heaven?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're my aunts.
Speaker 1: Now, do you get tired of people looking at you with desperation and needy eyes?
Speaker 2: No? I don't really. I don't really feel like I get that. So really, yeah, I don't really feel like I get that.
Speaker 1: I think maybe you've blocked it.
Speaker 2: Out because maybe maybe.
Speaker 1: People are so desperate for you, I think to give them something.
Speaker 2: You know, my goal is always to give people something, and that is information, My job is to raise awareness and teach, so the readings are kind of a byproduct of that. The readings kind of are the thing that people resonate with and they actually want. But what I love, really It's one of my favorite things is when somebody's done being at an event and they say to me, you know, I came for the reading, but I left with so much more. Yeah. Like that to me is like the best. That is the best.
Speaker 1: What are the basic themes that, regardless of whether or not you are lucky enough to get a reading in these shows, what do you want people to take away?
Speaker 2: I want people to know that there's a survival of consciousness, that life and love are eternal. I want them to know that they don't need a medium to connect them with what's already there. Like you don't need me to read for you. You need me to help you understand it's possible, and more importantly, that it's happening, and that you have your own relationship and how great is it for you to work on your own dynamic with your loved ones who have passed. Sure, I get in the way of it. I validated. I show the possibility, but it's not about me, Like you don't have conversation with one of your kids, and then when you get done with that conversation, go, oh my god, I love this phone. You love your child? Yeah, well the phone. The phone is a conduit. I'm just a phone, so I'm not the conversation.
Speaker 1: That's interesting. Has anyone come through for someone that you've read that that person doesn't know.
Speaker 2: Sure, and then they've had to actually go back to their family and find out stuff.
Speaker 1: Could George Michael come through for me if.
Speaker 2: You had some type of connection to George Michael.
Speaker 1: Well, I have a connection with him. He didn't know that I existed, but I would like George Michael to come through for me.
Speaker 2: Well, George Michael would have to have a reason to come through for you.
Speaker 1: So this is you know how much I loved him.
Speaker 2: I don't know if George knows that, but I can tell you that when Elvis had that release of that last song, a little less conversation that they I thought I was being pranked by friends because I had gotten a phone call from a radio station that wanted to book me to connect with Elvis. So I, like, you know it, never responded back. I thought it was a joke.
Speaker 1: God you must have had some them crackers requests had three more radio stations contact me and they were trying to book me first so that they could bring through Elvis to find out what he thought about charting.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, like, like, these people don't get it. There's got to be a link or a connection, and connection has to be like you know the person, or you've got a connection to the person, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And as you said, you're the conduit. So it's really up to Elvis to tap you on the shoulder and say, hey, can you let this radio station know what I like this song?
Speaker 2: You have to have a connection to the person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, you know.
Speaker 2: I remember I have a colleague that used to tell a story. She's now passed, but she used to tell a story where she was doing a group in her house kind of like this, and somebody said, can you bring through Elvis? And Shelley turned around and said, are you related to Elvis? And she goes, no, but I love him, She goes, what makes you think Elvis is going to come through just for you? So she said no, if there was a link or a connection at that group. Halfway through, she said, I can't bring through Elvis. But somebody here is related to the opera singer Enrique Caruso, and one of the people there said, yeah, that was my cousin.
Speaker 1: Oh my, so that is very specific.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a story that she told all the time.
Speaker 1: So George, I'm never going to be able to tell.
Speaker 2: Him no, but you should not lose faith.
Speaker 1: Oh well, I guess it with an a sack, all right. Next on, I've been told by two mediums unrelated that there is an old school butcher that hangs around me for really, yeah, and that what's that about?
Speaker 2: I have no idea. You'd have to ask the two people who told you for real, Like you'd have to say, why are they saying that like butcher as a person who like works with beef. Yeah, that is a unique message to get from two separate individuals. Yeah, did you have a butcher in your family? Yes, well then you know who it is.
Speaker 1: Then, But I didn't know that person.
Speaker 2: Ah, the age old I didn't know that person. What I love in a reading is when you give information to someone and they go, yeah, but they died a long time ago, or that's the other side of the family, or I divorce that side of the family. Or they died before I was born, Like, why would they come through? Because it's your family, that's why. And they usually usually one of a few people that would come through. But that's like a specific validation to show you that it's that person.
Speaker 1: I should probably do some research into this old school butcher because I do like an Ie fell it. I do like, what's your favorite cut of beef? That it's an Ie fill it?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 1: Can I give you a cooking tee?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: How do you prepare your steak?
Speaker 2: It depends. I'm a big fan of adding a wine sauce to it. I have a really good for a wine sauce from a restaurant.
Speaker 1: Can you text that to me?
Speaker 2: I can text that to you.
Speaker 1: I love a wine sauce red wine.
Speaker 2: It is red wine and port wine with dry sherry.
Speaker 1: Oh that would be delicious.
Speaker 2: It is so good.
Speaker 1: Is there cream in it? And pepper?
Speaker 2: No cream? You can salt and pepper it. You could put like little pearl onions in it.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you? It is so hard to find a good sauce for steak, isn't it?
Speaker 2: I love a good tender.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm going to get that recipe off you and I'm going to in return, I'm going to give you a tip. Okay, when you're making your steak at home. I mean I don't know. You might have chefs or something. Oh kind of a big deal.
Speaker 2: Huge rotating chefs. Yes, my wife, my son.
Speaker 1: Oh it's Susie's day. Oh okay, right. The best tip I can give you is when you buy your steak.
Speaker 2: This is a steak tip.
Speaker 1: It's a steak tip. Is that you must leave it on your bench for at least two hours before you cook it.
Speaker 2: Now, when you see bench, do you mean like counter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I do mean the counter the countertap countertap?
Speaker 2: Is it wrapped? Is it unwrapped? Is it salted?
Speaker 1: It is? I mean, these are great questions, John, these are important questions, so happy to answer them. You take your steak, You put it in a bowl olive oil, which you would know all about giving your Italian background. Olive oil, sea salt, pepper if you want, mush it around, or get the chef to mush it around, and then you walk away. Nope, no saran wrap or glad rap is what we call it here down under. Leave it for at least two hours.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I can leave it open for two hours.
Speaker 1: I knew you'd be that. Jermy guy, I knew it.
Speaker 2: You saw me walking here a masks like you know.
Speaker 1: I can't do that, all right, I'll allow Saren wrap. I'll allow is that? Hey, what you call it? Saren wrap?
Speaker 2: Sen?
Speaker 1: Okay, Sara Saran wrap, plastic wrap, very fancy clean wrap. We clean rap film.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: I will allow that ash, but you must leave it.
Speaker 2: And what does this exactly do?
Speaker 1: It makes the steak tender, just about as tender as a murther's love is how it makes the steak. Second tip, Heat your pan, get it hot.
Speaker 2: Throw the water in, make sure that it's going to do the well.
Speaker 1: You could do that, but I just like wait until it's smoking so much I nearly have to call the fire brigade. That's a visual for me. When it's doing that, you put the steak in, You don't oil the pan. The oil is on the steak, not in the pan.
Speaker 2: Creates a nast fond Yes, sealed, seared.
Speaker 1: Seared anyway. That was steak Chat with John Edward Chrissy Swan.
Speaker 2: No steak tips.
Speaker 1: Steak tips. John. I once heard a voice very clearly come out of a secondhand wardrobe, thoughts, concerns.
Speaker 2: Where was the wardrobe? Where were you when this happened.
Speaker 1: I was laying in bed in my mum's house and we'd got this wardrobe from the trading post because there's no wardrobes in the house. And a man's voice came out of the wardrobe and it said, couldn't you just leave me alone?
Speaker 2: Now? Have you heard those voices before?
Speaker 1: No, it was not a voice I recognized, okay, And.
Speaker 2: It was just a reaction that you had, Like it was a reaction to touching it. It was a reaction to.
Speaker 1: No I was I was going to load my stuff into it.
Speaker 2: How old were you at the time.
Speaker 1: Twenty one?
Speaker 2: Did you tell anybody?
Speaker 1: I'm telling you now.
Speaker 2: So you've held this on for a few years.
Speaker 1: Yep, because I thought I might be going mad? Can things be haunted?
Speaker 2: So I'm not really a believer in items being haunted. I'm not really a believer in that. I believe that you had your experience and you associated it with that hutch at that moment, so you might have been feeling that and then because that's what you were doing, that's where you put the you put the impetus to it as opposed to it having nothing to do with like, I don't believe dolls are haunted. I don't believe address was haunted. I don't believe houses.
Speaker 1: Well, this really feed you out, really fucks up our next segment because I've created an opener and everything, and we're going to play it anyway regardless of what you just said, because do you want to play a game with me? John Edward? Yes, John Edwards? Wait, oh wait, wait, wait wait wait I had it on.
Speaker 2: Is this like a Mystic Meg thing going on?
Speaker 1: Here's Mystic Meg. I love it. I've heard of Mystic Meg. Is she an American?
Speaker 2: No? It wasn't it you on your radio show.
Speaker 1: It's Mystic Chrissy. I'm very sorry.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's your alter ego, Mystic Meg.
Speaker 1: You know what, I was pretty spot on sometimes.
Speaker 2: Most of the time, not favorite segments.
Speaker 1: Are you ready?
Speaker 2: I am bring it?
Speaker 1: And now it's time for John Edwards? Is it haunted?
Speaker 2: Very traumatic?
Speaker 1: Do you want it again? Just really?
Speaker 2: I think I'm good. That's okay, I think I'm good.
Speaker 1: I've gathered some things from around my house and I'm going to ask you is it haunted?
Speaker 2: I can tell you no, without you're gathering them, but I'd love to see them.
Speaker 1: Edit that bit out. I'm going to hand you this swordfish that says Australia nineteen eighty six. Hold it to it.
Speaker 2: Don't you want me to touch your fish?
Speaker 1: Touch my fish?
Speaker 2: Touch it, Johnny, we would be thrown out of school right out. Two of us.
Speaker 1: Feel it? Really get the vibe. Is it haunted?
Speaker 2: I'm going to say no. Would you like it to be haunted?
Speaker 1: God, you're a pain in my ass. Hold this. It's a black cat ashtray and when you put your sigy in it, smoke comes out his nose. Is it haunted?
Speaker 2: No, it's not haunted your fish, and I'm not saying it.
Speaker 1: It's another word for cat.
Speaker 2: You're puddy, is not? Is not haunted?
Speaker 1: Tell you what, there's a ghost living in there. Don't you worry about that? What about this one? Are you ready? Get the fish and the cat out of your hand? John Edwards? Really feel it? Turn it over in your hand. It's it's a Nokia phone from the early eighteen hundreds.
Speaker 2: Holy crap, that's is tainy I know.
Speaker 1: Is it haunted?
Speaker 2: Yes, it's haunted by the It's haunted by the memories of the conversation that happened.
Speaker 1: And what conversation was that? Try harder.
Speaker 2: I wish I could tell you.
Speaker 1: Next thing, is it haunted? It is a Big Brother shot class shot glass from dream World two thousand and three.
Speaker 2: I'm going to say it's not haunted. But whoever are you connected to that?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Is there somebody that you're connected to that actually did pass though that's tied to that?
Speaker 1: Maybe? I'm not sure. I'll have to think about that, because.
Speaker 2: As soon as you showed me that, I was like, I've haunted. But whatever you link that to to me, I feel like you have a connection to somebody's past. Really, actually, anybody overdose connected to or past because of substance.
Speaker 1: Yes, Oh my god. I come up from a long line of alcoholics. Is that what you mean substance alcohol drugs? Yeah, yeah, but more.
Speaker 2: Of a contemporary like a friend. That's that. As soon as you showed me that, that's where that popped.
Speaker 1: Somebody who had somebody who did this show right in a couple of series before I did, did pass away, and I think it might have been from an overdose.
Speaker 3: That's a that's a show here, Yes, it's a show that I was on that's a.
Speaker 2: Show you were on on?
Speaker 1: Yeah, not like a radio show, like a TV show. What's Big Brother?
Speaker 2: Oh? Like the like in the house?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Did you win?
Speaker 1: No? I lost. I'm a giant loser. No, but no I can't second.
Speaker 2: But as a result of coming second, look where you've come.
Speaker 1: Now, that's right. We wouldn't be here if not for this shot. Class.
Speaker 2: You want to be a famous author, radio host, TV host?
Speaker 1: That's right. What's the best thing I ever did?
Speaker 2: Podcast?
Speaker 1: Podcaster?
Speaker 2: Handing me fish and cats?
Speaker 1: We're still playing is it haunted by the way? Because I'm not. I haven't even i'n't finished.
Speaker 2: Because I have to teach while we're doing this. You know, when you actually take on somebody's object, right, like when you take a person's object and put it in your hand, you're actually able to read that object. Yeah, it's called psychometry. Yeah, and there's two different types of psychometry. There's objective psychometry and subjective psychometry. So objective psychomogies where you would read the object, yeah, the history of it, and subjective psychometriies where you read the person who is connected to it. Which is why if anybody goes for reading, you should never give the medium an object or something photo of the person who's passed, because you can connect with their energy and accurately read it. But it's not really a reading communicating.
Speaker 1: That is interesting. Hold this is that the Last Supper? Yes, it's a copper. I mean, wouldn't it be amazing if Jesus came through?
Speaker 2: So I think Judas, I think i'd be the first person out of this room. I have a friend that's a priest, and thee night he said to me, Hey, we're going back now like twenty five years. He goes, Hey, we're going to do dinner in a reading. I go, we are and he said, yes, you're going to provide both provide dinner and then the reading. And that night he said to me, after we ate, he goes, tonight, I want you to go big, and I said, what does that mean? He goes, I want you to bring me one of the twelve.
Speaker 1: It's not an old day.
Speaker 2: And I literally laughed and I said to him, I go, I know we have a lot of parallels, but I didn't know that your mom and dad were like one of twelve because my mom was one of eleven. So I was like, I didn't know you had like twelve Anton uncles. And he looked at me and he goes, no, I go, what do you mean? Bring you one of the twelve? And he just shook his head and he goes one of the twelve parcels. And I looked at him. I was like, I can't do that. He goes, why not? I go, how am I going to bring you one of the twelve? He goes, why can't you do it? I was like, how am I going to validate for you that I'm connecting with an apostle? And he goes, that's the easy part for me. I go, how is that the easy part? He goes, You're clearly not that good of a Catholic. He goes, so i'll know who you're talking about. I was like, nah, I'm good. I really can't do that. But he was serious. He was like, can you do?
Speaker 1: I love I love the whole idea of comfort, dinner and rating, and we want you to go big tonight. We want this show biz.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like go big, Like I don't want Grandma, I want like one of the twelve.
Speaker 1: I'm like, that is outrageous. I really do want you to hold this one, though, because I really want to know. Is this haunted?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Sorry, is it from like a grandma or something?
Speaker 1: Yes, it's from my grandma. It's the one thing that I've got of hers.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's from your grandma.
Speaker 1: It is from my grandma's.
Speaker 2: As soon as I touched it, I was like, oh Grandma, Yeah, Grandma.
Speaker 1: I love her. She was the best. I recently turned fifty. Do you look like her?
Speaker 2: Yes, because I feel like you would look like her.
Speaker 1: I look like her, I am like her. I cook like her very similar. In fact, I probably didn't know how like her I was until recently.
Speaker 2: Do you remember her?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Oh yeah, yeah?
Speaker 2: What would be the story with the laundry? With her?
Speaker 1: With the laundry?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like, was she very fastidious about how she washed or how you folded or how things were laid out to dry.
Speaker 1: Or she was she was good at it and I am obsessed with laundry. And she had.
Speaker 2: She had a hard life, she did. Yeah, I had a hard life growing up. She did not have it easy. No, she had two false starts.
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely, yeah, because her childhood was rough. She was the youngest, I mean, the eldest of heaps of kids, and so she lost her sister too. Yes, she did, Yes, as she lost.
Speaker 2: Young age, like like when she was younger, she like lost somebody young. So I feel like she had she had a deal with loss early. From what I'm saying, maybe I don't know. You know, is there a Till name in that family? Tell like a like a Matilda or Tilly or a Talia. There's a tea name. There's a tea connection that's gonna that's somewhere connected to your grandma.
Speaker 1: Okay, I have to think.
Speaker 2: Kind of like Tilly, like literally Tilly. I hear Till in my head. Is she through your mom's.
Speaker 1: Side, Yes, she's mom's mom.
Speaker 2: Is your mom still here?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Just ask her who Tilly is? Okay, I will just be like, why would grandma bring up Tilly? And do you know if there were uh, somebody who had the leg amputated?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, her brother he passed two. Yeah, they're all dead, one of the twelve.
Speaker 2: Do you know if one of them was arrested and spend a little time maybe dealing with some legal things.
Speaker 1: I would say so, yes, yeah that were rugs and vagabonds.
Speaker 2: Rugs and vagabonds. Yeah, well you Grandma's clearly with you. But you don't have. That's not the only thing you have from her. You have the other thing that was handed down to you. It's not just that, it's more smaller, like a like a chain or a necklace or something that would be of that. Maybe rosary beads. I don't know, there's something that would.
Speaker 1: Oh, rosary beats. Yeah, I've got rosary beats, yeah, yeah, of hers, yeah yeah, they're the only two things i've got.
Speaker 2: Yep. And you have a photo for when you make communion?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, yeah, yes I do.
Speaker 2: She wants me to remind you the story where somebody was out and a grown up had a little bit of a whoopsie in public.
Speaker 1: Well like pood their pants or something.
Speaker 2: The other way weed and then they were laughing. It was like, oh, I mean it was in a parking lot between chors.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that happened. But that was my best friend.
Speaker 2: Well, your grandma's bringing up that story.
Speaker 1: She loved Beck as well. So isn't that funny? I mean, I've sort of answered my next My next question was I turned fifty recently and I had a I wasn't going to celebrate it at all, not that I'm humbug about it. But I was just like, no, I'm excited about it or whatever, but I just don't want a big party because you know, I don't drink anymore, and when you don't drink, the whole idea of getting together and getting blind drunk isn't that appealing. And then I thought, I don't know what to do. Anyway, I ended up having a lot. I really drilled down into what how I want my next fifty years to look for another fifty? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I am ok?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I thought, you know, friends to me are like my favorite thing, and I feel like friendship if you can, if you are lucky enough to have meaningful friendships, that's like a superpower for me. So I sort of handpicked thirty people that I've loved and have loved me back, and I've felt that for decades and decades, and I invited them over for lunch is the most beautiful thing and in honor.
Speaker 3: Of I'm sorry, well, look, I would have, but I thought he's not going.
Speaker 1: To come all the way from his palatial chef digs to come and have lunch with me.
Speaker 2: I might have if I was invaded, but sorry, shit, now I'm channeling my grandmother and the fine and then.
Speaker 1: I could have said to you come over and.
Speaker 2: Go big great. I could have been the entertainment.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I thought, what's a theme that I could go for? You know who else is? Really it has been really important to me, and I thought, grand you know, I feel so connected to her. And obviously she can't come to the lunch. But when I was little, she was a big crafter, like she knitted and crocheted and everything. And when me and my sisters were born, she sort of gave us a color. And for my older sister it was blue, so things would derive from Australia post handmade rugs and face washers and all of that, and we would know that the blue ones for my older sister. My middle sister was green, and I was yellow, so we would, you know, tear through it all and pick our colors. So everything she made me was always yellow. So I got everybody to wear yellow to my birthday party in honor of her, and it was so gorgeous and it felt like a real It just really honored her. Was beautiful. That is really beautiful, really cool? Does she know that I did that?
Speaker 2: Absolutely great? Yeah, I mean, if she can come through talking about the other stuff. That's the important part about her reading is when you see the factual stuff come through to validate the stuff that we talked about. Yeah, then they know about the everyday stuff as well.
Speaker 1: That's good. I like that, it's important to me.
Speaker 2: But I think what's really significant is how you honored her on your day, how you included her. I think that is so so important. But getting back to the next fifty years, I probably won't be here for the next fifty years, and I promised you.
Speaker 1: High enough for that negative self talk, John Nata.
Speaker 2: No, I'm just being realistic. I don't want to be here for another fifty that I'd be one hundred and five. So I can't imagine.
Speaker 1: Have you seen Dick Van Doyk. Yeah, he's killing it.
Speaker 2: He's killing it.
Speaker 1: Not for me, night, I can't talk for you, all right, great.
Speaker 2: Not for me, okay. But that being said, just know that when I'm not here and you still are, when you reach for the draw and you hear the voice, it's me. I will come back and haunt your draw.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe you'll haunt this studio. You'll be like, well, come in one morning and I'm like cat, you go away.
Speaker 2: I'll be talking about vegetables.
Speaker 1: Ha ha and chicken drumsticks. Now, what is the most bizarre reaction you've ever gotten from giving a message to a person?
Speaker 2: Oh, I just told the story. It's kind of weird. You asked me that I was doing a reading for a woman for a young girl who lost her front and while I'm doing the reading, the girl said, you have to call my mom now, and I was like, she wants me to call her mom? She said, you know her mom's phe number and she said yes. So I went and got my house phone, the cordless house phone with the big antea. It was a time at that time, and we called the mom and she said, hi, missus, so and so I'm having reading and your daughter's coming through. Do you want to talk to the medium? And she said yes. So I get on the phone and I give her the information.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The woman let out like a horror movie screen, like you just played for me like that and drop the phone. Send. Some other lady gets on the phone and starts screaming at me like you insensitive crap blah blah blah blah blah. I was like, and in my mind, after she hung up with me. I looked at the girl that I was reading and I was like, I am so sorry. I said, we just did what she asked, which was call her mom right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Fast forward a week later, we find out the mom was reading a book about mediumship and there was a phone reading apparently that had happened in the book, and she said to whoever she was with, if this is real, then I want my daughter to call me. And we did right after she said that.
Speaker 3: So she freaked out, understandable, So that was a pretty pretty big moment.
Speaker 1: Wow, do you believe in any other kind of ugidy boogerty stuff like taro, horoscopes, astrology, birth charts?
Speaker 2: So I wouldn't classify it as ugity boogerity. I would classify it as metaphysical practices.
Speaker 1: So sign ougidy boogery metaphysical. I mean the same thing.
Speaker 4: The wool, Yeah, the wool, the wo astrology. Yes, you've never been more New York than you were just then. It's the wool, it's the vibe of the wool.
Speaker 2: Astrology, numerology, taro are all tools. They're all tools. So yes, I do believe in the practice, not alway. Isn't the practitioner.
Speaker 1: Yes, fair, Which of those do you love the most?
Speaker 2: Me personally?
Speaker 1: Yeah, to do, Yeah, I love Taro. How does taro work? I just got a I've got a block with it, so I don't understand how like cards can mean some.
Speaker 2: So they're more of a psychological archetype experience than what people think when it comes to prediction. So they can be used to forecast, but that's not really what they're used for. A true tarot reading is going to get you into the understanding of where you're at now and what's coming up for you. So the fact that those cards are laying out in a specific way kind of acts as a conduit for the reader to be able to see what's happening around you, and then it gives you a framework. The layout gives you a framework of what is coming up or where to put the information. For me personally, I love working with Taro. Now, if you tell me what do I think is an important tool astrology? Because I think having your astrological tarct done is really important for everybody at least once a year.
Speaker 1: You at least once a year.
Speaker 2: At least once a year, once a year.
Speaker 1: You first suggested that I get that done years ago, and I had it done about a month ago and no last week, last week, and it was astounding the people that are listening an astrology is that the times the birth or what did I have done? It's about where the planets were when I first took my breath when I was born.
Speaker 2: That's called your natal chart, right, that was?
Speaker 1: And what extraordinary?
Speaker 2: And what you need is the day of birth, time of birth, and the place and the location. And they'll do you a natal chart and it's pretty powerful. But I like it when I'm reading a client and I see them stuck, what I'll say to them is, I want you to have your chart done, but I want you to tell the astrologer that you had a reading with me. And then I want you to tell the astrologer to look here right, this is the area that you need to work on and give them give them a place to dive in, because an astrologer are going to look at whatever they want to look at in your chart, but if you give them directions. So I look at astrology like an MRI to kind of focus onto an area. So if you have something that's going on, if there's like a pattern that's happening in your life. If there's like a relationship dynamic, if there's an issue that you're not happy with, you know, you feel stuck, stagnant, blocked, anything. That's the area that you want to go look at and you want to say the person like, Hey, this is how I'm feeling. Why Why am I feeling this way?
Speaker 1: See? I that's very interesting because I know myself very well, and there are all sorts of things about my personality and my character that I've never really been able to explain away, all those things that make you you that you go, I know this about myself, but why? But why? And when I was talking to this woman, everything made sense about why I am the way I am according to where the planets were when I was born. It was extraordinary.
Speaker 2: So in eighteen eighty eight, I had a job where I was working at a video store and I know back in the day.
Speaker 1: I mean five weeklies for ten dollars, mad for that.
Speaker 2: And I had a woman that walked into the store. Yeah, it was early in the morning, so the store was completely empty. So the first time she ever walked in and as soon as I looked at her, I saw super imposed over her the astrological wheel and I went, oh, my god, you're an astrologer. And she stopped and she looked at me and went and clearly you're a psychic. That was our first meeting, how I mean, right, yeah, And then every day she would come in and we would talk about astrology and she said, you should let me do your chart. I was like, okay, so I was all of sixteen seventeen maybe at the time. Oh wow, No, that's not true. I was older. I was eighteen. Yeah, I was eighteen. And when she was reading my chart in early in eighteen eighty eight, she said, I think your birth time might be off by a minute. I was like why. She's like, well, I'm looking at you know, the chart rectification of where things are, and I just think it's going to put things off a year for you. Okay. I was brand new into understanding astrology. And then she said, your mom's gonna have a very very very difficult October. And I said, like, how physical transformation, there may be some stuff for her life might not look the same after October. And she was kind of like, so October of nineteen eighty eight came, and now I'm waiting, you know anything happening, and my mom actually saved a woman's life on a bus in New York City. She was in a wheelchair and not my mom, but this one was in a wheelchair and in the back of the bus they have the ramp and they didn't fix her into the seat, And as they were going over the fifty ninth Street bridge, they hit a very big pothole bump, and the woman started going towards the back exit. My mom, superhero, threw herself over. Three people stopped. The woman pulled her shoulder. Well, that pole of a shoulder wasn't a pole of a shoulder. It was lung cancer and it aggravated a tumor that was there anyway, long story short. Between that October and April, she went through every possible test to try to figure out what was wrong with her shoulder until it was diagnosed as lung cancer. And then she passed October fifth, nineteen eighty nine. Wow, And that woman d said to me, I told you your birth time was off by a minute. Put the events off by a year.
Speaker 1: So oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she got my mom's passing to the actual hour.
Speaker 1: Can you read charts me?
Speaker 2: No? No, no, no, now, because that's all about geometry. And I failed that twice in school.
Speaker 1: So have you got like a learning disability?
Speaker 2: I had a learning disability when it came to geometry. I did, I really honestly did. I had a teacher who was in his last year of teaching. He had Alzheimer's and they were just trying to push him through so that he can get his retirement. Yeah, and I was in his class, and I need to be taught taught. Yeah, I'm not a like go read a book person. No, so if you explain it to me, I'll own it. If you don't teach it to me like that, I'm not going to be able to get it. So as hard as they tried, it was I could not could. It was like I had like three tutors. It was just I failed the region. So then I take some school. It was like a whole big deal. And then when it came time.
Speaker 1: You're giving me anxiety. I hate that feeling of not being enough understanding just going. I cannot I could. I really, it's the worst.
Speaker 2: And they were like, it's easy. You have fifteen proofs or fifteen theorems, and I was like.
Speaker 1: Don't say it's easy. I'm going to stab you if you say it's easy.
Speaker 2: And then I literally had three separate tutors try to teach me. Like everybody tried to help, but I was that I was the kid that fell through the crack when it came to came to geometry. And then I realized that I needed to be that kid that fell through the crack when it came to geometry. And you'll understand why because when I went to take my first astrology class, it was from actually the woman that did the Enrique A Caruso.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, it's her.
Speaker 2: So she was doing She goes come to my class. I was like, okay, no joke. She had to me like seven books. I'm like, what am I supposed to do with this? She goes, this is how we're going to cast a chart. We're gonna we're going to cast your chart. I'm like, I need I need these books. She goes, yeah, you need longitudes, latitudes. She went through like you know, the Ephemerist. There was like all these different books that we had to and I literally looked at her like, are you out of your mind? I can't, I said, I'm I'm taking a tremendous amount of I've taken twenty one credits that year in college. I was like, no, how about No, I'm busy, and then she goes, listen, it's going to come right back to you from high school. She goes, this astrology is sacred geometry. That was it. We were done the moment she said geometry astrology and I parted way. I was like, oh, this is not going to be for me.
Speaker 1: Logic gone.
Speaker 2: But I think it needed to happen because I don't think I would have become John Edward the medium. I think I would have become John I love the science aspect of astrology and the degree. Yeah, seeing what they could know and how it's all changing. So I find it so fascinating, Like I love to listen to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I would.
Speaker 2: Have become probably more obsessed with that and less paying attention to the world of energy interesting. So I think that block had to happen early on.
Speaker 1: You have very neatly brought me to my next question literally on the list. I've got a vague memory that used to be a tradee like a plumber or a electrician or something.
Speaker 2: No phlebotomus. I used to work in the hospital as a flobotomist. What's a phlebotomist, a venipuncturist, vampire drewa blood work for the.
Speaker 1: Lab, ah, one of those.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my backgrounds are healthcare.
Speaker 1: OK. Obviously you would have been that if you hadn't kind of discovered your gift. What else could you have been if you weren't a global superstar?
Speaker 2: I probably would be doing surgery really yeah, because my degree is in healthcare and public administration, like.
Speaker 1: You know that serial killers like that stuff, like you.
Speaker 2: Know, like the fun side of healthcare, like epidemiology, like all that kind of stuff. No, but when I was going for my degree, we worked at a hospital in clinical side, working as a phlebotomist, love the patient, interactive in interaction. Then I left that to go into the admin's side. He did it. Yeah, Like it was just like I remember sitting at a desk going this is not.
Speaker 1: For me, well, not enough face to face was action.
Speaker 2: It was boring, boring, It was really boring. I was like, oh my god, Like I worked to get like so hard to get this degree, And.
Speaker 1: Do you get bored easily? Like is that part of your character?
Speaker 2: I can get bored. I like to be busy me too. I like to be busy. I don't like to. If I'm gonna sit and do nothing, I want it to be because I want to sit and do nothing, if that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but what's your definition of nothing? I bet you're like me. My idea of doing nothing is still about five times more than what a normal person would do.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 1: Like doing nothing to me would be like this is quite literally. Nothing is producing a show, making five loaves of sour dough, unpacking the dishwasher, listening to music, discovering a new stick of incense. That's nothing. That's me doing nothing.
Speaker 2: Right. For me, doing nothing would be writing a newsletter, thinking about what I'm doing on the app. Yeah, meditating would be part of that for me. Yeah, working out would be part of that for me.
Speaker 1: You have just brought me to my next question. Welcome John, this is bizarre. Do you work out?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: So that you stay size medium? I see what I'm doing here.
Speaker 2: Yes, I see what you're doing. I work out because I want to try to stay as healthy as I possibly can, Because I think if I ate the way I wanted to eat, I would be seven hundred pounds. Yeah, because I don't I don't love food, but I love the food that I love.
Speaker 1: Yes, meat too. So it's what's your favorite meal, like breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Speaker 2: So my favorite favorite breakfast would be a New York Deli egg sandwich, like two scrambled eggs on a buttered roll with salt and yum. Every day. I can have it every single day.
Speaker 1: Do you want me to make it for you? Now? When we the podcast?
Speaker 2: That's my favorite And and it's really funny because if you if you come from the New York and you come from that place, the eggs have to be made in a specific way. It's not scrambled eggs. No, it's flat eggs. The eggs are flat.
Speaker 1: It's how I make them folded. They are folded. Yeah, so that's my favorite breakfast. But oh my god, I want to make it for you so bad, like a fretty bad. Will you let me make it for you? Fuck you? Jo? John Edward Christy Swan. Do you have your steak.
Speaker 2: Medium rare, medium rare, medium rare?
Speaker 1: So you you definitely have the medium in that age, I.
Speaker 2: Do medium rare. You can't do it well done, John Edward Christy Swan.
Speaker 1: Do you have any vices?
Speaker 2: Vices.
Speaker 1: Defind vice, I mean, great question back at me, because vices are the most underrated hobby. There is something that is bad for you, sugar. I've just discovered sour Patch kids. Are you familiar with the work of the sour Patch kid?
Speaker 2: I am. My daughter is a fan of the sour Patch kid.
Speaker 1: Mine too.
Speaker 2: Now I'm a chocolate cookie Brownie, Krispy Greame like I like bad food.
Speaker 1: See, I wish that I'd known that you love that because I make the best cookies ever.
Speaker 2: Chocolate chip y, I make the best chocolate chip Greenshack.
Speaker 1: When are you coming back in the fall? What's that in English?
Speaker 2: October November? Your summer?
Speaker 1: When you come back, John Edward, you are going to come to my house, okay, And we're not going to record anything. It's just going to be you and me as friends.
Speaker 2: We're going to eat.
Speaker 1: Are we going to eat?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: You know, there's an Olympic record at steak.
Speaker 2: So being that we're talking about food, let me tell you one of my other favorite things to eat. Yeah, okay, I'm I God.
Speaker 1: Will you stay at my house? And when you come back?
Speaker 2: And now, when I'm working, if I'm working, I can't stay with people. I got to be in my own space and er on.
Speaker 1: The rejection, the rejection sensitivity.
Speaker 2: I will I will come over and we will have this as well. We'll make this. It'll be fun and.
Speaker 1: It'll be warm, and we can like wear leisure wear.
Speaker 2: Here's one of my favorite favorite summer meals. Yes, eat this every day in the summer. Okay, yes, so peach, yes right? Peach?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Cold? M m it sliced yes, Barada or fresh mulsadel yes.
Speaker 1: Okay, then it's like a capreasy salad, but with peach. Bo.
Speaker 2: Wait, you need to have baesel infused olive oil. Yes, and a barsal macleays, yes, yeah.
Speaker 1: What about bread in there? I like a little bit of like greasy bread in there. We can do that, and then I can make you that room temperature steak as well, medium well.
Speaker 2: With a plastic crop right, yes, I will do that for you, and then we can medium rare.
Speaker 1: Yes any, and then we can finish it off with the best chocolate chip cookie you've ever had in your life.
Speaker 2: Hard or soft?
Speaker 1: Well, see, I make them to order. If you like a hard one, you like a soft one?
Speaker 2: Is it me or this whole a whole other undertone going on, I like.
Speaker 1: A hard one, which brings me to my next Am I even going to have sex again?
Speaker 2: I'm kind of feeling like a magic epoil right now. So it looks promising, does it?
Speaker 1: Couldn't be bothered to be honest, this.
Speaker 2: Is payback for that show.
Speaker 1: I know it very I mean, you know, you know the theory of cause and effect. Every every action has a reaction.
Speaker 2: John, here's karma for you.
Speaker 1: What is your favorite thing to read? I'm asking you these questions because we have known each other for so long, but we never get to talk like this.
Speaker 2: So what are my favorite things recently have been? My daughter got me back into reading. I wasn't reading for a while.
Speaker 1: It's magical, isn't it?
Speaker 2: And she's like constantly in a book. Yeah and I and I said, you know what, what would you recommend that I read? Because when my son was in school, I read everything that he was reading with him, and then when she was in school I didn't do that at all.
Speaker 1: You know, who could be bothered with the last ones.
Speaker 2: I was like, let me read with you now, yeah, pick a book, and she was like, oh my god, but she like reads these like tomes. I go pick a book, not a series. Just give me a book. So she gave me The Secret Life of Addie LaRue by V. E. Schwab.
Speaker 1: I've heard of that. Someone else's recommended that to me and it was really good. Great, Okay, that's a good recommendation. Can you put together flat pack furniture?
Speaker 2: I'm not handy.
Speaker 1: That's a shame. I've got a bookshelf I bought off Amazon in the front room. I was hoping you could whip it together in exchange for some steak and cookie. Haunted not Haunted, No, it's not Haunted. It's brand new. Are you a tired ass or a spind thrift?
Speaker 2: I look at money as energy, and I don't want to see energy stagnant. So I'm going to say you spend it, I let it go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so do I.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I kind of feel like, you know, one of.
Speaker 1: The saddest character traits I can see in anybody is misers and well an obsession with money. Yeah, and they often go that way.
Speaker 2: My mom died when she was forty eight, and every week when she got her paycheck, the first thing that she would do was go downtown to a boutique and buy clothes for her job, and one of my other aunts said to her, why are you spending all your money on clothes, and she's like, well, I need it for work. And she's like, oh, but you should put it, you know, you should put it away for your retirement. So the fact that she got a chance to enjoy her money and wear it and have in her closet, that to me was like, I felt good about that. Yeah, not the bills she left me, but I felt good about I felt good about that. But I think it's important like not to you know. Robert Brown is a medium from London. And one of the things that he did once when he came to New York and we were doing some group work together, he took a penny and he said how much is this worth? And I went a penny and then he took it and he put it in front of my eye. He goes, can you see anything? And I went no. He goes, many many people will let something that has very little value like money, block their vision, and I just thought it's awesome, awesome, awesome analogy.
Speaker 1: Yes, I've seen people that have had their vision blocked so badly by money that they haven't enjoyed their life. And it's too late when they realize that they've pulled focus on the wrong thing their whole life.
Speaker 2: Nobody's ever come through talking about their fro one k.
Speaker 3: There were their retirement plan, they're super.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nobody's ever come through saying you know this my finances. The most important value is the commodity of love and connection. That's what they talk about. Yeah, I don't care about houses and cars and jewelry and money.
Speaker 1: I feel very fortunate that I've learned that while I'm living that connection is everything to me.
Speaker 2: Family.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're friends, people, human beings, the true people I don't know, people on the street. I just love it. I feel so connected to the world.
Speaker 2: Do you have a Trevor.
Speaker 1: I've got an yes, and uncle Trevor.
Speaker 2: I don't know why. The named Trevor's like popping in my head as I'm talking to you.
Speaker 1: I was deeply in love with a character played by Ben Mendelssohn called Trevor when I was a teenager.
Speaker 2: Is your uncle Trevor still here?
Speaker 1: Yes? He was beautiful. Is uncle Trevor through your dad's side, Yes, But he was one of those you know, with the seventies and eighties, I don't do it that much now. But you had uncles that were absolutely not related to you. So Uncle Trevor is like a family for we had so many Yeah, yeah, Uncle Bob, Bunny Joy. Absolutely no blood relatives at all, but you know near enough. Ye had beautiful hair.
Speaker 2: Uncle Trevor is your dad best No, So there's something about that side of the family, the lung cancer connection for you. There's a lung cancer connection around the Trevor vibe. Oh so if that's your dad's side of the family, that's how I would see that.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll have to look into that little sidebar. Sorry, I have Trevs all right, Jesus.
Speaker 1: Is there something you always make sure you eat when you're in Australia?
Speaker 2: Yes? What I have to see it on the air.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: I love the meat and wine, the meat and wine restaurant.
Speaker 1: The Meat and Wine company.
Speaker 2: Love their love their chicken skewers.
Speaker 1: The curly fries. Excuse me, they do unbelievable fries.
Speaker 2: I like their chips, but they're the skewers are just.
Speaker 1: Are the best, the best. You know, there's one just down here. You are, like two hundred meters from a meat and wine company. Here are some questions about me. John, Okay, tap into whatever the you'l goody boogetie is that you can summon. It's the will, it's the wolf. Will belly bags ever be cool?
Speaker 2: Coolness really is in the perspective of the person choosing to be cool.
Speaker 1: So yes, thank you. Will I ever perfect sour dough bread?
Speaker 2: I think you'll always be reaching for the next loaf?
Speaker 1: Will I ever stop buying containers?
Speaker 2: We could be related with that question how.
Speaker 1: Good are containers? Oh my god, I've got something.
Speaker 2: I love to organize. I like.
Speaker 1: Between that luggage Like I've had a reaction in my boobs just hearing thinking about containers and organization.
Speaker 2: I love organizing.
Speaker 1: How I wish I'd known earlier that the key to a good life is containers and no clutter. So here's yes, I'll be decluttering for two years.
Speaker 2: Here's a way of you know, like understanding and how we can tie everything back to energy when you like whenever you see people say like, oh, you know, the sign of a brilliant mind is the is the chaos and the clutter.
Speaker 1: I don't know that.
Speaker 2: I don't care how brilliant you are. Clutter is a blockage yeah, and it's important to unblock your energetic life. And in the physical world's physical clutter creates blockage one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: And I find it's as kind of rudimentary as this. If I've got something very big to do to work on to achieve, you have to clean first. I cannot even look at that task until I've cleaned up. Once I've cleaned up, it's almost like a physical bang, you know, like on the Minority Report, when Tom Cruise pushes the screens away. That's it, and I can focus really clearly on.
Speaker 2: What I have to do. So I have a video that I because I'm a I'm a German fool, but I'm also like a clean freak. Right, So when you work in a laboratory, when you work in food service, you just have a different perspective when it comes to cleaning. So the person that I worked for at the Delhi, he was so obsessed. I used to work at a Delhi too, obsessed with cleaning. If you were not with a client or cooking, you were cleaning. And like, we had the cleanest Delli ever. So I was home one night, we had we had our family. Friends were over every but they left and allegedly everything was cleaned, so of course cleaned by one person standard, it's not cleaned by my standards. So I was like, how do I demonstrate this without sounding like a crazy person. So I took my phone and I went, here's what I see. I know, here's what everybody sees. And it looked completely clean. And then I dropped my phone down to the angle of the counter and I go, here's what I see and it like little crumb boulders all over the counter that people had missed.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I'm that person when it comes to like cleaning and organizing and keeping things where they're supposed to be. Like, my kids can call me right now and say, hey, where's this and I can go second drawer on the left because I know where everything is.
Speaker 1: Wow, that is impressive. Also, you are not walking back through my house out. Will my kids stay at home with me forever and ever? Please? No? How long do I have with them?
Speaker 2: I don't know. It depends on how you communicate with them. It's all about how you communicate with them.
Speaker 1: I can lock them in the house until they're fifty. I love them so much.
Speaker 2: I think that's a good thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, Will I ever find a reliable printer.
Speaker 2: Is there such a thing?
Speaker 1: Maybe not?
Speaker 2: Is there such a thing?
Speaker 1: Fucking hate them?
Speaker 2: John, I mean by t how you buy the toner. It's as well by new printer.
Speaker 1: That's so true. Will my car ever be clean inside for more than two days?
Speaker 2: No? And eventually you'll have to stop blaming your children.
Speaker 1: Will I regret my purchase of a deep fryer.
Speaker 2: I don't think you'll regret your purchase of a deep friar. I think you'll regret the space that your deep frier may take up. Where does that live?
Speaker 1: Can't live on the counter, No, it lives away and it's splush, is fat everywhere. But my god, do I love it?
Speaker 2: No juicer.
Speaker 1: I do have a juicer, and that's always out. And also because my wrists are very sore and I'm a very old person. Now I've got an electric can opener and I cannot recommend it enough.
Speaker 2: There's no need to not have an electric can opener. That's like the best. Ever.
Speaker 1: It should be a government like. It's a subsidized thing.
Speaker 2: That's because he worked worked in a deli.
Speaker 1: I was, I was dynamite on that slice. And don't you worry me.
Speaker 2: Too, What was the what was your least favorite thing that you had a slavehe press worst?
Speaker 1: That was yours?
Speaker 2: Probably the same thing liverworst. Probably it's probably the same exactly.
Speaker 1: Well, liverworst is like, you know, patae, but press worst was like, I'm slicing a rubber ball and.
Speaker 2: You know, if you're closing at nine, somebody came in at ten to nine, of course they did wanting that.
Speaker 1: Yes you do?
Speaker 2: You know you know that I used to when I work the night shift, I would take the mess meats and I would do like a half a pound of them and it would be done, and then I would break down the slicer.
Speaker 1: That's genius.
Speaker 2: And then people would come in and be like, I'll have a pound, are you guys? And I was like, yeah, I get totally, totally totally here you go already done. But I don't know I was sach. I just thought it was being efficient.
Speaker 1: One. I used to work in a supermarket deli, and I don't want to pignope myself or anything, but I was promoted to chicken roaster on.
Speaker 2: The spit Yes, me too. Did you make them dance?
Speaker 1: Yes? But just when you say what was your worst meat? To slice. Nothing was worse than rodding up the chickens. I would pull them out of whippins, Yes, and you would hold them up and get them on and all of that liquid would run down your arm into your arm.
Speaker 2: You have to clean too.
Speaker 1: Yes. Did someone say baked goo?
Speaker 2: Nate? Mare?
Speaker 1: Fuel nightmare?
Speaker 2: And now we're back to food together.
Speaker 1: I know, and you know to use the parlants of our times. I'm totally triggered. I've got a it's like five or six years old now, but when I bought my barbecue, it came with the rotisseriy function, and I really I can't. I can't go near it. It's got those little I can't do it, too many bad memories. And we're at my last question. John Edward, my friend, I'm so thrilled to have you hear it in my house. It's just like a dream. The last question for you look into my eyes, looking deep. I'm going to take my glasses off it. Oh yeah, I can stay look up big. I print things because I'm blind. Will I achieve my dream of living my life in my old age in a clean house filled with books, an art and a crazy herb garden and just me and lots of room for my kids and my friends, and a brown velvet cat that doesn't wei inside.
Speaker 2: Not seeing it doesn't mean it can't happen.
Speaker 1: What are you saying?
Speaker 2: I'm just not seeing specifically all of that in one little wrapped up bundle. Maybe you don't get the cat.
Speaker 1: The cat's important, Okay, keep the cat. How am I going to end up?
Speaker 2: However? You manifest?
Speaker 1: Fucking tell me?
Speaker 2: John, This is where you go back to your astrologer and you go part two, progress my chart into the future and tell me how I wind up.
Speaker 1: You tell me you've got the U goodie boogerty.
Speaker 2: The woo was not clear on that one.
Speaker 1: How very dare you so?
Speaker 2: No peaches now? Chocolate chips are done?
Speaker 1: No, you still get the peaches and the chocolate chips, okay, because they are my favorite. And you can tell me when we're not recording what the future is for me.
Speaker 2: Maybe a lesbian lifestyle hea then.
Speaker 1: Absolutely everyone's doing it.
Speaker 2: You never know, John D.
Speaker 1: Would what a pleasure. Thank you so much for coming over, and next time there will be cookies and steak and peach salad.
Speaker 2: Amen, you're the best. Thanks.
Speaker 1: John Edward is touring Australia again, launching in very late October twenty twenty four. Hit him up on his website, John Edward dot net and grab some tickets and if you go along, maybe dress up as a as a spooky wardrobe or something just to really freak him out next time. Christy Casters