Speaker 1: Let's say hello to my next gues.
Speaker 2: Some would say our next guest did pretty well at the recent Paris Olympics. Her on termin eats were competition.
Speaker 3: Golden the four hundred meter freestyle, gold in the freestyle, in the two.
Speaker 2: Hundred meter freestyle, and summer eight hundred meter freestyle.
Speaker 1: Is it a shark?
Speaker 2: Is it a torpedo? No, it's Olympics Champion orion Inness.
Speaker 4: Morning, morning, Thanks having me.
Speaker 3: Guys?
Speaker 1: Have we lost the metals? Still got them right somewhere.
Speaker 3: Locked away somewhere. Have you got them in some beautiful display cabinet?
Speaker 4: No, they are installed their socks.
Speaker 3: Get a little bag tucked away somewhere somewhere. How often do you pull them in?
Speaker 4: Only about two weeks ago I actually pulled out all eight Olympic medals and looked at them for the first time together altogether.
Speaker 3: You just looked at them like just in a moment on a road for like an event tour.
Speaker 2: Just what do you what do you think of when you stare at those gold ones?
Speaker 1: Especially?
Speaker 2: I don't know what am I going to melt them down to? What's jewelry?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: The little eight year old Arnie, Yeah, she'd be.
Speaker 3: Like, Wow, God, it's amazing, isn't it. Yeah. I guess now that that you've had that time to decompress from the high of the Olympics, did it take a long time to sort of kick in what you'd actually achieved is taken you a minute to step away?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well that's part of the reason why I've taken the break, just to let it all sink in and live life and just do things that I've never got to be able to do. I've had a glass of wine with my mum and dad for dinner for the first time in my whole life, just because.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's so listen and so Has it made you want to get back in the water or has it made you just enjoy this time so much you're looking at all the things you feel like you've missed out.
Speaker 4: It's both. It's I miss the routine, I miss being so well trained in something, and I miss working with my coach every day. But I also do like being free a little bit. It's been nice.
Speaker 2: We had a few Champagnes at the Melbourne cap, didn't we with your old man Steve.
Speaker 3: He loves it'd be loving the circuit you can work and they can drink champagne.
Speaker 2: Steve's a news reader in in Brisbane there, Yeah, very far us on.
Speaker 4: What station seven seven there. We're competitors, but.
Speaker 2: We've snatched Downie at nine yeah stable.
Speaker 5: I'm still going to Claire who runs the swimming pool where the kids go for training the other day down in Sandy and she was saying, because she does laps, I didn't know you could even get these.
Speaker 3: There's waterproof headphones you can get there is now that was not back in No, like when I was doing swim.
Speaker 5: Squad, when you train, like would you train with headphones in listening to music?
Speaker 4: We were only allowed on the really easy sessions and we could put them in if we're going long and easy for like five k straight, which is so boring, but not for the.
Speaker 2: You got your coach barking orders from the from the side of the pool. Oh yeah, he loves it, doesn't he?
Speaker 3: And you say you miss him? He must miss you.
Speaker 4: Yeah he Actually I hadn't heard from him for a couple of weeks. So I got this random message out of the blue a couple of days ago because my squad's in Thailand and he goes, Arnie, I really miss you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So do you think you'll go back?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I'll go back yeah, law twenty eight Yeah, not.
Speaker 3: That far away. Three years. Yeah, but like, what do you reckon? I mean, you're the best in the world, what do you how much?
Speaker 1: Six months?
Speaker 3: A couple of weeks, weeks now we go the flippers on.
Speaker 4: No, I have to get back in soon.
Speaker 3: But you would need to make a decision soonish right yeah, or if you made that, Yeah, I'm going.
Speaker 1: To go back.
Speaker 3: Oh, she's back, she's back focused even though I got.
Speaker 2: Heym before we speak about the great campaign you're in here to support Australia made. The Enhanced Games GET launched today in Vegas. James Madison, who is a former Australian.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The juice that game just makes me.
Speaker 2: Yeah sick.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It's just for anybody who doesn't know.
Speaker 2: It's basically you can be on steroids any you can. You can for instance, swim, you can whatever sport is your sport. You can be juiced up, so you can take that. It's effectively whoever the best of the juiced up athletes.
Speaker 3: Is there anything banned from it? Or it's whatever you can do.
Speaker 2: I believe it's sort of you know what, I think it's fair because it's not fair, but it's you know, no rules.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I actually saw this morning that I've never heard of this guy in my life, but he broke the men's fifty meters freestyle world record. Juiced up and I was looking at it on my phone. I was just, this is a bit of a kick in the bump to any athletes he's ever worked their whole life to train. I mean, everyone's you know, obviously able to have their own opinion.
Speaker 2: But I don't like it to make you feel sick though, because you know, you work your tail off, you know, most of the year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we have to go through so many processes to be clean, you know, all the whereabouts, the drug testing, saying where we sleep every night for the drug testers to arrive. You've got to do so much to be to make sure you're clean. It's just I don't know a bit of.
Speaker 3: A But even if they're going to do, they shouldn't be allowed to compare it to a men's world record because they haven't broken the men's world record, because it's just a completely different book. I imagine the different sport.
Speaker 5: I imagine the swimming community be quite tight. I also imagine his name Maggie. Yeah, Magnuson's name would be a bit inside in the community at the moment.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, I don't feel like we've spoken about it too much to be honest, but I think most people would be of the same opinion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, So.
Speaker 2: Let's celebrate all things green and gold when it comes to clean athletes.
Speaker 3: So what are you doing ambassador for Australian made which is a little green and gold tag we see on.
Speaker 1: Looks for the kangaroo.
Speaker 4: They say, yeah, so I think it's really important we buy Australian Maine. People don't realize. I think the impact that buying Australian maid can have. So each Australian household, for example, was to just spend ten dollars extra on an Australian manufactured product every week, it would inject five point six billion dollars back into the economy and create up to ten thousand jobs. So even if you just change the shopping habits, you can have a massive.
Speaker 3: Because we are in it in this weird world where people are just buying like fashion.
Speaker 5: Cheap stuff off and then the minute you need a refund or something fixed you're waiting weeks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so what sort of products are you talking about that we should be buying? Is this like food? Is it? Is it textiles?
Speaker 4: Is it fash I think people make a conscious effort to try and eat Australia and grown and produce food, which is great. But I think a lot of people don't realize which products are made in Australia. So Beckonbridge, for example, great, you know women's fashion brand is made here in Australia, which is great if you're living up in Queensland. Insect repellent that's made here, that's or brand.
Speaker 3: Well, there's a big debate with ugs, isn't there at the moment? Is some American company trademark the name ug boot? You got to go.
Speaker 2: Something like that, cheating Americans?
Speaker 3: So how do we know.
Speaker 4: What what the little Green and Gold kangaroo?
Speaker 1: So that's on the.
Speaker 3: Prodg Ye, fans like Beckon Bridge aren't doing that. How do you find out? Is there a website?
Speaker 4: Is there Beconbridge? They don't put it on there.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 4: But typically if you look at shopping the supermarket, or I was out of a truck factory on Monday.
Speaker 3: With the Volbo truck the launch of Australian made I'm.
Speaker 4: Here and they've got the kangaroo on the truck.
Speaker 1: Oh cool?
Speaker 3: Did you drive?
Speaker 4: I wasn't allowed to, but the truck was named the Arnie Truck. It's got my name on it.
Speaker 3: What's been the weirdest thing since you've become an Australian icon that's been named after you?
Speaker 1: To open the neatest.
Speaker 3: Thing you've had to do because people have be naming their pets after you.
Speaker 4: Arnie, the Arnie truck would be up. That's not been weird. That's just cool. That's the truck driver driving around with a truck named after me.
Speaker 3: Yeah you yeah, but I love it. The girl you've got a Quantus plane? No, yeah, we'll get you one of those.
Speaker 5: Reggie from Big Brother left Tasmania like you would be the next like superstar to come from there.
Speaker 4: But there's Ricky Ponting and oh yeah you know all.
Speaker 3: These Ricky, are you're going to be the number one for the Yes?
Speaker 4: This is this is a debate because I am hawked through and through.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I think.
Speaker 4: The Devils might be my second team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's fair enough. That mascot they've put out is just looks ridiculous, doesn't it. I wouldn't a job the spotlight job. Probably austral made this. What about your Hawks? So you know Nick Watson is on our show every week? Yes, have you got any hard hitting questions for him? We could ask him.
Speaker 4: He's been doing pretty well at the moment. I think he's been carrying the side Collie.
Speaker 2: Are you hanging around to little Man to see the Hawks day in town this week?
Speaker 4: They are I won't be there on Saturday, it'll be a TV.
Speaker 1: And we watching it on TV event?
Speaker 2: And are you coming back to work with me during the Melbourne Cup Carnival?
Speaker 3: Well? I hope so tends? How much money Channel nine has you?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 5: I get onto Carl to sort that outd arind tempest is in the house, and look for the green and gold when purchasing your products to ensure it is Australian made.
Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for coming in so I was good to see you.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 3: I'm so excited to hear that you're getting back in the pool.
Speaker 1: It is just gone three to wait Ereon Novar.
Speaker 2: Jason Lauren Lauren wake up
Speaker 3: Feeling good following them on the Socials