Speaker 1: Lucky, Lucky, Lucky, Lucky, Lucky, Lucky, Lucky, Lucky, Lucky Dip. Welcome, welcome everybody to this bite sized podcast our Lucky Dip. Today, I'm going to go with Lucky Dip right, and it's stars that disappeared. And what made me think of doing this was the fact on the Daily Mail the other day Yahoo's Serious, who played Young Einstein, was spotted out and about walking his dog, and I was like, young Einstein.
Speaker 2: We may have younger listeners who don't know who you're talking about. Not the Albert Einstein.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, not Albert Einstein. He played in this movie. Thirty five years ago the movie came out. He was born Greg Peede. He's now seventy one years old.
Speaker 2: That seems quite I remember him having a young vibe about him. I know it was back then. I wouldn't have thought he would have been forty all.
Speaker 1: Same, same and so red hair that was all sticking out. I can't I have seen the movie, but I have no idea really what it was about. Obviously he was a young inventor of some form.
Speaker 2: It was huge. You remember the posters everywhere.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Anyway, now he's got straight quite long gray hair, but he still looks in good nick. But I was like, wow, I also do think that name Greg Pede. That would have been horrible in primary school.
Speaker 2: Greg Peede on the chair.
Speaker 1: Greg Pedophile, That's what I thought.
Speaker 2: I never would have thought it's Pea.
Speaker 1: D's his name? Okay, somebody else I haven't thought of for a while. Cue the music en yea.
Speaker 2: And Yeah was huge.
Speaker 1: You could not go into like any form of Dayspa Massage play without Enya playing. She was massive.
Speaker 2: Her song only Time my God, that's good.
Speaker 1: Ah, seriously, it was so good. But then she also became a bit of a joke, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: It was like, yes, there was a real time then where it was also like Gregorian Chance remember that music like Enigma? Yes a Madness Yes, yeah, it was like Church sounder y Yes.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. Anyway, her breakthrough album, Watermark was released, and she just doesn't get out in it. But she doesn't go to any spotlight things. She's her fans think she's a bit of a recluse, but she just says, no, I'm not interested in being famous. I'm not I'm not interested in it.
Speaker 2: Ya Okay.
Speaker 1: Another star who disappeared Amelio Estevez.
Speaker 2: What happened to Amelio Estevez, Charlie Sheen's brother.
Speaker 1: When I read Charlie Sheen's brother, I'm like, oh my god. I knew he was a brother, but for some reason, I was thinking he was one of the who's that guy who was involved in He's got six kids, he's older, what's his name? And he was in the movie where the woman got shot? You know, in real life, Oh my god, people will be screaming out his name right now. I sent you a photo of him the other day, and you're like, I don't think he's doing much of the parenting. Oh, Alex, Alec Baldwin. I don't know why I had Alec. Are there are the bald Ones or something? O.
Speaker 2: There's heaps of Baldwins. Yes, yeah, Billy Baldwin was the hot one, remember really remember it was the dark haired one.
Speaker 1: Nah. I don't remember them, but I remember like Emilio Estevez changed his name from whatever the original name was.
Speaker 2: He's always just.
Speaker 1: Been Amelia totally. But his brother, Charlie Sheen, like one of them's changed, has got a stage name. He was probably best known for the movie Mighty Ducks.
Speaker 2: I would disagree. Do you know him from anything else Breakfast Club? Oh? Yes, yes, sorry, yes, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Anyway, since the early two thou he spent more time directing television. Really yeah, yeah he was huge. He was He was married to Paula Abdullah. No he wasn't, Yes he was, Yes, he was steps aware that take two steps back and remember it was her dancing with a cat.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's weird. We go together, gazap it's the tract. I remember her song straight up?
Speaker 1: That was a craz yeah, straight up. Now town, here is it going to be meet? I'm going to listen to that.
Speaker 2: That is so good.
Speaker 1: Okay, And here's my last one, right, because there was quite a few celebrities that disappeared from the Spotlight, but I didn't know them. I know you would know them because you know more random people, but I just didn't know them. But this one made me laugh. My Space creator Tom, do you remember?
Speaker 2: See, I don't know who you're talking about. I never had my space.
Speaker 1: Do not have my space? Oh my god? Okay, So for those of you that had MySpace, you will know it. Tom was the creator of MySpace. And it's a photo of Tom in a white T shirt looking over his shoulder. And he was always the first friend that you made on MySpace, so you get friends, but he was always the top first square of MySpace. I cannot believe you didn't have MySpace.
Speaker 2: When did my space come out?
Speaker 1: MySpace was out, it would have been early two thousands.
Speaker 2: I feel like there is a generational it's such a small gap.
Speaker 1: Wow, so you were a bit too old to have it, Yeah, I think so because you could put some like if somebody went to your page, you could have a song plane.
Speaker 2: What was your song?
Speaker 1: Probably Lightening Crashes and Dive.
Speaker 2: They were great. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And you know who also was huge at that time, Kings of Leon, and most people on their page would.
Speaker 2: Have yes sexes.
Speaker 1: I'm fat. I went to King of Leon concert and left. It was the most boring concert I'd ever been to. They had no stage presence. It was just like they'd put on their CD. Really, I was listening to their CD.
Speaker 2: It was bad. You know who was like that for me, but also because we had such bad tickets that that sound was so shitt and stuff. But Jimiroquai, I remember.
Speaker 1: How big, Oh my god, Jamiroquai was too. That's another one.
Speaker 2: JK. Oh my god, you know who died. When I say recently, maybe last year? Okay, what I would say is the best dance track of all time. This is a big call. But Insomnia by Faithless.
Speaker 1: How does that go?
Speaker 2: I'll get no sleep?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, this reminds me of my twist to days.
Speaker 2: I really have this desire to go somewhere that plays that sort of music, and just I don't dance house music. Yeah, I think it's I think it's called house. I was never into that real deep like round. That's a bit ravy for me. But I used to go to, yeah, the nightclub called Twister, and I'd wear my red rebox and I'd just dance my face off. I couldn't think of anything worse. Now when I look back at that, I'm like, You're a different person back then, of course. And I'd stay for hours and hours and just dance.
Speaker 1: Get my like what were they called like those vodka Yes, yes, Rusty Lemon Lemon Ruskies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then there was smirnoff Ice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they were the Double Shot black Ones. Yeah, we used to call them the Blackouts.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. They were good times. I'd go I'd go back to it. But you know what, remember when you were a kid and you'd hear on the radio like an over twenty five to night you were.
Speaker 1: Yes, and it was over twenty eight old, over.
Speaker 2: Twenty eighths for the old people. Eh, you know, it's like over forty five.
Speaker 1: Shit, it's depressing.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: All right, everyone, thank you, Thank you for listening in love that you do. If you're new to the podcast, thank you for tuning in. And if you can give us a rating or a comment, or share a podcast with somebody that you think would enjoy it, that is just a huge help.
Speaker 2: We appreciate you.
Speaker 1: We'll chat to you soon.
Speaker 2: Momms