Speaker 1: Welcome to the Daily Telegraph NROL podcast and David and I.
Speaker 2: We're a bit flat this morning.
Speaker 3: Aren't we. Oh Mickey morning read man.
Speaker 2: Hello, hello brand.
Speaker 4: Top of the morning to you. Well I did predict thirty.
Speaker 1: Yes, we've got our resident in Queensland here is he'd likes to remind us every day, but state of origin. We'll have all the wash up fallout and I look into the rest of the NRL because there's some important games this weekend, but let's start with the big issue.
Speaker 2: Joseph saw Leh Dave send off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it was a send off me. And as much as it pains me.
Speaker 5: To to see a game ruined after seven minutes, you can't deny the fact that Joseph Suley collected Ruth Welsh high. I thought it was I thought the terminology it was it's charged a reckless probably put it in.
Speaker 3: A careless category.
Speaker 5: But at the moment where Roos Walsh was lying on the on the ground half asleep, I thought, I thought, that's that's the end of his night.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think it was the right call. Yeah, I think it was the right call. I thought he lost control. I mean they've spoken about that last the last year, earlier this year, and they talked about the rule change about shooting at the line and you've got to you've got a responsibility to last time, keep.
Speaker 4: Yourself under control. And I thought he lost control.
Speaker 6: But I mean he was both basically airborne and his contact in the in the head and that's that's he just went straight in. It was crazy. And I understand you're trying to make an impact. I mean, I love Joe. He's a great young kid, really really nice young kid, great footballer. But you know, I've got we do have an issue with I think this comes down. I actually think select him in the centers put almost too much pressure on him.
Speaker 3: Hang on just saying what played at center?
Speaker 2: He comes in and.
Speaker 4: He's played most of the year on the wing. He's played a little bit of center.
Speaker 6: You acknowledge that he's played some center, but he's played the majority of his time on the wing.
Speaker 2: And I just think I don't see the correlation.
Speaker 3: That's not that's fine.
Speaker 4: I'm like to throw things out there.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying, but that's not an uncharacteristic trait of a center to put pressure on a on a fullback playing out the back.
Speaker 6: I agree I'm not so annoying that the way he shot out and reckless and the way he lost.
Speaker 3: He's doing his job as a center.
Speaker 4: Played.
Speaker 6: A lot of centers talk about time in well, timing, positional sense, defensive sense, and the centers.
Speaker 1: I just think he was a kid amped up on the wanted to make an impact and he got He got the timing wrong.
Speaker 5: And that's the ramifications and the argument guys to a lot of people that are disappointed. Was the center reeche Walsh is dipping and slipping him and he lowers his body heighth of which.
Speaker 3: Is then any other choice helps the situation of not help. He's not that situation.
Speaker 5: He's not all like, he's not he's slipping his body, he's lower.
Speaker 6: But but there was no margin eraror there with the rules.
Speaker 5: But fans out there questioning the sendoff, saying that ree has played a role in.
Speaker 3: This high shot as well. Do you agree with it?
Speaker 5: Do you believe that you just I can understand I don't believe I can understand it.
Speaker 3: But but the rules are the artist is on the defender.
Speaker 1: I thought that the easy option would have been to symbon him, right, and of course, but I thought actually climbed the bucket.
Speaker 2: They got it right.
Speaker 1: I thought that was a sendoff every day the as soon as he saw the replayer, you saw.
Speaker 6: Getting the job as well. I thought that was a big call, right, that's a massive call. Got it right, And that was interesting in the agumption to make it.
Speaker 5: What was interesting is set prior the kickdown field and Reese Walsh's taken out late in a kicking ocean and and he's he's in the air. It's apparently every day of the week. And so at that point, oh oh, here we go. We're gonna get a little bit of flexibility.
Speaker 2: And stuff of origin.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I don't think you could have much flexibility with the soali eyeshot.
Speaker 3: And for people to.
Speaker 1: Say, you know, that ruined the game over in the case, but it's not on the OUs of the referee's but it's either on the game it's not.
Speaker 2: But that's just.
Speaker 1: That's just what happened, right, Like, I'm not you can't have any criticism towards actually client for that, but what about there's been some reaction to it a couple of things, whether New South Wales got their bench rotation.
Speaker 2: Wrong as a result.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I just think that people criticizing the fact they didn't have a back on the bench, it would have made it. It wouldn't have made a difference because you're not coming firstly in the eighth minute, you're not bringing it. You're not making an inner change, right, because that's going to screw up the rest of your rotation when you're already down to twelve. You need to keep those interchanges up.
Speaker 6: Your sleep rotation screwed up anyway when Jake Troby spent fifty minutes.
Speaker 1: Yes, I get that right, But if you're going to burn an interchange after eight minutes, right, because you've got twelve players, you're still going to be short somewhere on the field.
Speaker 2: You might have had a little bit more.
Speaker 1: Speed and you might be able to have counted a little bit to shift in right defensively. But I don't think even if Michael mcgui had a back on the bench, would he have made a change after eight minutes.
Speaker 6: But they got burned, Like really, when you look back at that game, the period that costs them, well, one of the major periods that cost it because they didn't adjust. Yeah, I don't understand. They moved right now the other side and they changed things around. But maybe if you have a back on the bench, maybe then maybe you get them on there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't think he does.
Speaker 6: That, and you don't maybe you don't need to rotate your forwards as much because.
Speaker 2: You have to do well, you have to and you've burned an inn change.
Speaker 3: I come back to I flagged on the show last week.
Speaker 5: Michael McGuire originally wanted Connor Watson on that bench, and that was this is the reason.
Speaker 4: Why Watson defend center. He's not center.
Speaker 3: It's not ideal, it's capable, but he's not a center.
Speaker 1: But then you would have had you would have really not speak, but then you would have had helped.
Speaker 3: Out in the background out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't think even still if it was kind of Watson, he's not on in the eighth minute, would just so Burt.
Speaker 4: Was on the bench.
Speaker 6: You don't think that Chuck Burton and their flip still cring over early in that game, change sides Eventually.
Speaker 1: I don't think it happens after eight minutes, might happen after fifteen minutes or twenty minutes.
Speaker 4: Rag it out down.
Speaker 1: Eventually they would have made that adjustment. I just don't think. I just don't think we're twelve men that you can burn an in change so quickly because it's going to cost you the back. It cost them anyway, right exactly. But I just don't think they would have. I just don't think happened back on the bench. It's not that you can't compare it to queens there because Queensland lost the player and I would have replaced the player. New South World was still stripped for numbers.
Speaker 6: At some point, was saying to my wife this morning, I said, everything Billy touches at the moment just turns to Gulf does like everyone goes. You've got seldom Cobba on the bench, respotch, he's gone after eight minutes Club Australia action.
Speaker 4: He's just in this golden pit. Well.
Speaker 6: I think Billy's been in a golden period for about twenty years.
Speaker 2: Sometimes one of.
Speaker 4: That he does is just he's got.
Speaker 3: I just feel deflated.
Speaker 5: I feel honestly, I feel deflated for the eighty thousand fans at that stadium last night.
Speaker 3: It's it's such a.
Speaker 5: I don't know, I feel honestly, I just feel flat that I love State of Origin and there's a lot of fans that don't. There's a lot of fans that think it just gets in the way of their club, their club game. But for me, it is such the greatest advertising vehicle for the game over any other sport in the country. And as soon as Souali was sent off, you could just feel the air in the state fall flat. And look, I know there's a lot of debate in and around introducing rules that allow in the blue circumstance to bring a player onto the game, maybe after ten or twenty minutes once coinsland have gained an advantage, but and look, I personally don't think that's the way to go.
Speaker 3: I still think it's worth debate, but.
Speaker 5: In this moment where it is the greatest advertising vehicle the game's got, I just feel flat.
Speaker 2: Honestly, we'll perk you out.
Speaker 4: There's an easy way to solve that day.
Speaker 6: Solve that problem only blokes in the head and you won't have to worry about gunder men.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 1: The people that are suggested, I know you threw it out there in a column that's online today. That's not even a debate. I like, that's what will happen is you get well.
Speaker 3: Michael Maguire said, it's worth looking but it's.
Speaker 4: Not, of course, just lost.
Speaker 1: It's not looking at because you can get you get a plot up to start in your side, get out and kill someone, get off the field and then replacing with the gun who's eighteens man?
Speaker 3: Yeah done.
Speaker 2: It's just it's not under tens.
Speaker 1: Where you know you might be able to replace a player.
Speaker 2: Anyone that suggested that is a dribbler. Dave's done.
Speaker 3: Dave, he's not the first, he's not there.
Speaker 2: But Dame doesn't agree with it. Yeah, I'm not pushing it.
Speaker 1: He started out there because people were suggesting the post game, right, and I think anyone that suggested it is a dribbler.
Speaker 6: You I didn't suggest the point of saying no. I think it's just unrealistic. And you spot on that it probably wouldn't happen, right, but you could have in the Grand Final if they're playing against Reese Walsh again. So someone just gets gets picked in the seven number and the sole role is to go out there and take off Responts's head.
Speaker 4: Now, probably wouldn't happen, but.
Speaker 2: Of course it would. It would happen. You don't think they send someone not to do you.
Speaker 4: Think a coach would not start to play.
Speaker 1: No, no one's going to run an elbow in the head or anything like that, right, But you don't think that them there would be you'd cross that line.
Speaker 2: Of course you would. I'm not saying anyone's going to rune and intentionally elbow someone in the head.
Speaker 4: You're not going to.
Speaker 3: You're going to cross it.
Speaker 1: You're going to cross it, right because you can, because the reward you can just get replaced. It's just I don't like that at all. All right, origin game, Well, let's touch on Queensland, right.
Speaker 5: Sorry, just really quick, I know what's your show? Did you we just touch on Jakie your boy bitch in the minute because you mentioned it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a long, awful, long time bailed match up. In the sheds after the game, I said, listen, what's to go with what happened there with Jake?
Speaker 5: And he said, look at that period of the game back, second half right, largely second half off.
Speaker 3: Now it came on for the last four minutes, didn't he?
Speaker 5: He said, we were chasing points and Jake's greatest strength is his defense, holding, holding the middle, and we needed to attack as much as we could. I had to get my best attacking players on the field and ultimately that was his reason.
Speaker 3: I'm not going washes or not, I don't know. I'm not going to be too.
Speaker 2: Critical of it.
Speaker 1: I think because of the fact that they're down by twelve, your rotation goes out the window a little bit so and chasing points as well.
Speaker 2: You know, was having a good.
Speaker 4: Strange should be captain.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 4: He doesn't play.
Speaker 2: Get you, but I don't think you think that would have been the case.
Speaker 6: I'm sure it wouldn't have been, but I'm saying you're in a situation where captain doesn't play for fifty minutes in a game. I don't want to be down to twelve men. You need as much as you need speed and creating points, you also need some inspiration out there and a leader and sitting on the sidelines for.
Speaker 5: Fifty I mean, I don't want to be disrespectful to Jake nice as bloke in the world, right and exceptional footballer, but we all know he was playing an interim captain captaincy role vise ao with the captain and there.
Speaker 3: Was much debate. There was much surprise.
Speaker 5: When Jake Trabovich was named captain and I don't you know an argument was put to me this morning by one of my mates that it's Paul Gallant would never have spent that long on the bench as captain of the Blue. It is completely different, completely different. Jake again a wonderful leader, but he's not. It's not James Tedesco sitting on the bench a long term captain.
Speaker 3: And I don't see it the same.
Speaker 5: I really don't. I think at some point Jake was going to be on the bench as captain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I don't have a huge issue with it. I did find speaking of coaches, Billy Slater coming down to the sideline, I've never seen that before. That was he left the coaches box, walked down beneath a press box and it's about twenty o min a mark and then wasn't yeah, and he goes down to personally deliver a message to Hamaso talk to him, gives him part and then goes back to the box.
Speaker 6: Great sense of theater, Billy, doesn't he Yeah, we're all a bit we all found out a bit strange when he ran.
Speaker 4: Past, because he ran pass front of the media, the media box. Basically it was.
Speaker 5: Like all coaches. There were two minutes left in the game and the one. You know what I mean, like what happens at the under fifteen. But I like it.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 3: I don't mind it.
Speaker 1: You know, you want to get your message clear. Harmison is obviously playing fullback. Billy is the greatest fullback. Then there was an issue with the headsets.
Speaker 7: Okay, breaking that's what that's what. Okay, okay, he did and something was full back.
Speaker 4: He was unbelievable football like.
Speaker 5: It's really good when he's just coming up with twelve players.
Speaker 3: He looked good coming up. There's a lot of space out there.
Speaker 4: Change make a tackle?
Speaker 1: What changes the Queens they'd have to make? To give me your one six seven game?
Speaker 2: Too?
Speaker 6: Well, you won Stelan Edwards if he's fit, clearly your six. I would leave Louis. I thought LAUI was really quite good. Rights has going to be a seven?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: What was the other one?
Speaker 2: That's it? We'll start. Let's start there.
Speaker 4: Can we talk about the seven?
Speaker 2: Can we start there?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Dave?
Speaker 2: Can I have your one six seven play?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Look, I think I think if Dylan Edwards is ready to go, I think they've got absolutely nothing to lose in a must win game. To give Edwards his debut and let's see how he goes. Jerome Lewy was okay, he wasn't. He plays a lot of freestyle footy that I think sometimes I can confuse his teammates.
Speaker 3: I think he does enough to stay there. I think Nicko.
Speaker 5: Hines, well, it's going to come down to Mitch's performances now. And for Nico, I thought his effort and and his want and desire to go after the game was all there, right, So any question about him folding under pressure I don't agree with.
Speaker 3: However, execution was let him down. His execution kicking game. The kicking game was or wasn't there?
Speaker 5: And what do we know about Mitch Mitchell Moses kicking games.
Speaker 4: I think Mitch's gets through the next two weeks.
Speaker 5: Mitch's in and barn a shock. I've got this little feeling that madeal I don't know, I've just got this feeling magical.
Speaker 3: Go hang on. We did a job with twelve man. I might stick with these.
Speaker 1: Boys, I think, I think though generally yes, but I think if you asked him who.
Speaker 2: He wanted to be full back, it was Dylan Edwards.
Speaker 1: I think once Nathan clearly was gone, if you asked him, who would have been his next choice half.
Speaker 6: Would Mitch would have played six and clear? Yeah, yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Think Mitch was.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's not like he's culling. I don't think there's going to be whole Moses. I don't think I think that goes cooked. I don't think. I don't think you can plain after that performance last night. I thought Jerome was decent, was released half the threat I thought new kicking game was was kicking so often, which obviously would have been attacked. And I found strange when you know, jack lo match was really good last night, but I'm not sure why he was.
Speaker 4: Kicking treating of season.
Speaker 6: How if Nicko does get the chop, how he responds, because last year we struggled after.
Speaker 2: And this is off the back of a poor performance.
Speaker 3: I've already spoken to Sharks officials who have spoken to Nico.
Speaker 5: This morning, and Nico's up like he's he gets he gets the sure like the half back of the Blues Cops criticism right, but again like he defensively went after the game, never stepped coming at the game.
Speaker 3: Just his execution let him down.
Speaker 6: He clearly had a sense of what was coming. Was It is one of the few players that didn't come out of the dressing room last night.
Speaker 2: Blues were pretty good.
Speaker 6: Nick I was well aware that he obviously had a disappointing game and he was going to be underscreened.
Speaker 2: And one of the other ones that did it was Joseph saw Lee who spoke.
Speaker 4: This more him too, so he was out and just didn't nic.
Speaker 3: I saw cam mckinness. I did see cam Kin either, but.
Speaker 6: I think I don't know. I think obviously they go to Melbourne and they need to win. I think you've got to pick mental man.
Speaker 1: I think like the fullback position was intriguing, right, but Tedesco was okay. But if if Dylan Edwards is fit, I don't think did enough to stop him from getting that number.
Speaker 5: One's a couple of about the back players there that Teddy was trying to tip.
Speaker 2: On on the right hand.
Speaker 1: So if Dylan Edwards is fit, he comes, and if he's not fit, I think remains there.
Speaker 3: But you don't think so drink water. I think drink was the other question.
Speaker 5: The other question is if they go for a bit more starch in the middle with a Mitch Barnett and that's you know, I don't I like huts and young as a player, but is he bringing enough punch?
Speaker 2: A bit unfair for him because of the way his role.
Speaker 5: This is what, this is why, this is why our entire discussion is underre Do you look a plan went out the windows?
Speaker 3: I don't know Lomax kicking was part of the game.
Speaker 1: It would have had to have been, because obviously they might have had concerns around Nicko's car for whatever the case, Mate nick Zach Lomax doesn't find himself in the middle of the field on the last tackle that often unless it's scripted.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: I know they look disjointed at times, but it happened how many times it happened a couple of times?
Speaker 2: Where you go, okay, well this is obviously part of the plan.
Speaker 4: Do you do you look at a nappy corous out.
Speaker 1: So all right, let's say we've picked out one six seven, the other contextius spot at the moment will be center with surely he almost certainly not going to be there. Newcastle officials hope Bradman Best might play next week so he comes back into the.
Speaker 6: Should not even be a discussion who are you picking? Latrell Mitchell should be straining that team. If he gets through the next two weeks, he should be there. Why because he's he's your best hope of going to Melbourne.
Speaker 4: And winning.
Speaker 3: I thought brad Best did more in game three last year.
Speaker 4: It didn't matter.
Speaker 3: Then Latrell has done in some time in some times.
Speaker 6: So that one if you go to Queensland and you say to them who scares you more, Bradman Best or Li Troll Mitchell, would you respect to brad and Best, who's.
Speaker 4: A really good football?
Speaker 2: And then you're get in trouble.
Speaker 6: But if you go to Queensland, I'm sure if you said to Billy or any of those the queencierence was stunned with Latrell.
Speaker 4: Wasn't there They were doing cartwheels?
Speaker 5: Yeah, And and do you know what would be even more scary if you're part of the Blues coaching staff because you don't know what he's going to bring.
Speaker 2: I think you just got to go.
Speaker 3: As well.
Speaker 1: If Bradman is not fit because he has to play next week, he doesn't play next week, you're not picking him. Where do you go, David? The options are made. Matt Burton stag.
Speaker 5: I probably wouldn't play in the centers to be honest boys, but he is an option. He's got a good kick and gives another kicking option to them.
Speaker 3: The you have the name prior to.
Speaker 5: Origin one was was Jesse Ramian, but look i'd have Bradman, then Latrell.
Speaker 6: I hope giving you last advice because I give you a bit of a free advice, A bit of free advice.
Speaker 4: Pick Latrell Madge.
Speaker 1: I'm sure, I'm sure mad just sitting there with his notebook. What other changes do you foresee? You mentioned happy chorus out I would And this is not a slide on ree Robson.
Speaker 2: I thought res Robson was really good last night. Ree Robson retains the number nine position, but I.
Speaker 1: Uppy off the bench just to add a bit of a change of pace out of nine.
Speaker 2: The Connor Watson theory burn.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he did burn a change with another with another hook unless you go sorry, unless you just use Reece Robson as the middle as a thirteen.
Speaker 4: Do you look at Maddie Burton on the bench as well or not?
Speaker 3: I don't know. Actually I don't mind that point now I think about it.
Speaker 5: Mickey happy off the bench because then Ruce can play that Harry Grant ben Hart running third and.
Speaker 1: Then I don't think you can have If you're going to do that, I'm not sure you can have mcinness.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Robson, I didn't think last night.
Speaker 3: I thought I thought you got in the way of a lot.
Speaker 6: I remember watching the game after about a half hour and saying it the same as someone I didn't even notice m But that's the that's the art of Can mccinness, right. You don't always notice him, but he gets through amount of work.
Speaker 4: But I can't. I can barely remember anything he did in that game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Joey John's held him up in high regards. He was one of the Blues back there.
Speaker 4: He might have been because that's the sort of football he gets around.
Speaker 3: I've got to admit I'm with you.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So so we've we're making change at one, we're making change in the centers. We're making one change in the half, so that's three and then potentially one or two bench spots.
Speaker 2: And Mitchett and what's the.
Speaker 6: Threshold for when you say they got it completely wrong in origin?
Speaker 3: Mine?
Speaker 4: Well, but threshold was doing this for wrong?
Speaker 1: No, because Tedesco was was a force change Nikko Hines at seven, Mick Moses wasn't available, so they're going to say they got that wrong. Surely he's unavailable. So there's three changes that I'm not I'm not saying.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, turning on.
Speaker 2: I don't think so it's going to be at least well I have to.
Speaker 4: I've got force changes right to start with.
Speaker 1: So and that's you know, there's still two games to get through, so that that's going to be interesting.
Speaker 6: I think, Look, I think Moses has got to be a fitness permittee.
Speaker 4: You've got to bring it, bring Mitch in Edwards Edwards, and.
Speaker 6: As I said, I think you've got to pick Latrell. And I'm sure Madge isn't thinking that way right because there's clearly some sort of disconnect between Latrell, Madge the Blues and but you know, if i'm you know what, I Latrell and pick up the phone, call a Madge and say may not again.
Speaker 3: Seriously, how many times have you asked the Troy to pick up the phone to matter?
Speaker 1: But I'd be today, I'd be texting today or whatever.
Speaker 2: Say I'm ready here. That's what you need to do.
Speaker 1: Anyway, there's a lot, there's a lot going on in the NRL this week. I think the games are pretty interesting considering, you know, the the origin period, because you've got a lot of size that are grouped in similar situation. You've got the Dragons Tigers in terms of where they've been the last couple of years. You've got the Titans and South Anchor towards the bottom of the ladder. You've got Brisbane and Cronulla contenders. And you've got Penrith and Manly who people think could both go deep in this competition. And then Bulldogs Eels as well as a cracking game, and then the one that's Melbourne Newcastle is probably the lesser of all those games. But I'm really intrigued by lots of these games which.
Speaker 8: We look ford to ready, probably that Bulldogs Eels came to be honest, who you tip in I'm going to tip Paramatta, yeah, because I think with Mitch back they're complete team more Mitch.
Speaker 4: We saw that one last week that.
Speaker 6: With Mitch back on that side that they were completely transformed.
Speaker 4: But the Dogs are a huge chance.
Speaker 3: I think the Bulldogs are special.
Speaker 4: They've been great this year.
Speaker 5: Special and punters out there gamble responsibly. They are outsiders in this game and you tell me how the Bulldogs are outsiders in this game given their performances of consistency in defense, the second best defensive team in the camp, Paramatta beat up a Cronulla side that are out of sorts. Out of sorts, Braidon Trindle hadn't played in five weeks. Big crowd with one more Coronela with one more set of possession would have beaten Paramatta last week, but braanden hamlinully came up with a drop And yes, Mitchell, Moses and Gutthason played a significant role in the performance.
Speaker 3: But they're going to be have to.
Speaker 5: Bulldogs are going more consistent level than Coronella are in the last two weeks.
Speaker 3: They're specials the Dogs.
Speaker 4: Okay, which game?
Speaker 2: Which game you're looking forward today?
Speaker 3: Mate?
Speaker 5: There's another there's a couple even the Warriors Warriors Cowboys game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good game too.
Speaker 5: Again, punters out there, Warriors are outside. Yeah, I did miss that game that Warriors are outsiders in this game.
Speaker 1: But that's townible. That's another one. That's another what's doing That's another group that's cowboys.
Speaker 3: Like there's been a roller coast Warriors went.
Speaker 4: Up and down to the War's over. I bet the Roosters last week with Jackson.
Speaker 3: These are crapping games.
Speaker 1: Honestly, what I'm saying there's mainly it's a pretty cool round of competition. I did forget the Warriors Cowboys games and my apologies for that, but aside from night's storm, they grew like South and Gold Coast.
Speaker 2: I'm intrigued too.
Speaker 3: So there's your latch game want to come out of. So if Latrell is serious, that's the game.
Speaker 6: He's got the next two weeks he plays. It's another qu inside next week as well. I come remember it is but a couple of games against Queensland teams to showcase what he can do. And you're right, if Latrol is serious about plan, Origin needs to come out and put it on a show. And I reckon he will because he's got that innim he can.
Speaker 2: Well, you've got to see it.
Speaker 1: South fans need to see it, let alone, that's right, desperate for it, right.
Speaker 4: And then the times Yeah better?
Speaker 1: You love this Friday Night Dragons Tigers a good good game, you know the Tigers.
Speaker 5: Off the back of the Dragons. Is I have to see a back to back performance. I really enjoyed. There wen't have a penanty last week. However, it came off of an absolute annihilation the week before by the ball so downing woman gone against the Tigers team that the Dragons.
Speaker 3: Should be beating. Yeah, I think the Red ve get away.
Speaker 4: With this one. Benji's nice and refreshed to.
Speaker 1: But there on the they're in the midst of eight game losing streak up and it's a Dragon side to one more games than they did.
Speaker 4: And there's a lot of disruption down to that club with their playing rosters.
Speaker 2: Let's touch on that.
Speaker 1: You want to get into that at the moment now with the Tigers and their rosters to Fino.
Speaker 6: This big week for them because I think there's some meetings going on this week with players as well and player managers. The final situation, so they put an offer to him five years, four million dollars for next year and beyond. He's got those claus in his deal where he's luck that had he's like to be a free agent at the end of this year and work up feeling is he won't.
Speaker 4: He won't take that deal.
Speaker 6: I think they'll either have to significantly upgrade it or he'll go to market, because I think he can get that on the open market. And you know we've all heard the same thing about Stefano. He wants to go to a club where he can contend. He can he can fight for a premiership. So I for the West Tigers. You want to keep him, you've got to make it almost impossible for offer him so much money it's almost impossible for him to leave. And I don't think that's enough money to make it impossible. It's a great deal. I'm not saying five years four million dollars isn't a good but it's not. It's not wow. That's I can't say no to that because if he goes to the open market, which I think we all expect him to go on the open market, because he won't play two more Origin games this year and they won't make the finals, so he'll be a free agent come November one. He'll get offered a lot more. Not a lot more, but he'll get offered more than that clubs of the contenders.
Speaker 5: Redman and I agree with everything you just said, but can you come with me on a point I made on three sixty You brave got grace, got.
Speaker 3: A little bit antsy about it. I said that break good Man, love appreciate you.
Speaker 5: So would you not agree that there would be a possibility that Stefano actually takes less from a more successful club potentially, And I firmly believe that.
Speaker 4: I think crazed.
Speaker 5: I know you're saying, if the Tigers come up with a massive offer, there are a chance, you know, they have to go over and above.
Speaker 3: Well, I think a club can pay.
Speaker 1: Less, And I think I think really means if the Tigers came in at a meal mill a year, yeah, you know, and then he goes, well, I really need to see it because I might only get my only.
Speaker 3: So are we sitting at around eight hundred at the moment.
Speaker 5: So if a club comes at a successful club comes in at seven fifty, yeah, I think there are a chance.
Speaker 1: But I think that's what Ready said is the Tigers would have to get to a meal and that offer would have to be at seven fifty.
Speaker 3: And he goes well out of the water, you know.
Speaker 6: And you don't think they've done that, No, well they haven't haven't, because he could go to open market now and get that money elsewhere at big clubs. You look at the clubs are circling him. We've all heard the rumors obviously Penrith in the mix at one point. You know, Melbourne are really keen on Stefano. The dogs are on the up and i'd imagine the dogs they have a look at him.
Speaker 3: The bunnies.
Speaker 6: I'm hearing the bunnies they're struggling a bit, but they are big clubs.
Speaker 3: So Wayne, Wayne has that pulling power.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's watched that this Space West Tigers fans all right, questions.
Speaker 2: This one's for me.
Speaker 1: Hey, Scott Scott from Scott Nick Raiders looking good in the ladder.
Speaker 2: Currently, what do you think for the spoon?
Speaker 1: No, I didn't have him for I did not have it for the sounds like Plannet keep telling me I had the dragons for the spoon.
Speaker 3: Did you know the.
Speaker 2: Tigers for the spoon? I hadn't think you did?
Speaker 4: I did I think the dragon I had?
Speaker 3: I said to Flanno, and I said this again.
Speaker 2: I said, Flannel, you've got the worst.
Speaker 4: Roster in the Wow. That was the Dragons.
Speaker 1: But Scott mat Scott humble pie here massively.
Speaker 2: I said, the Raiders look like a bottom full side and they are.
Speaker 3: Strange.
Speaker 2: Ricky is coaching the best.
Speaker 3: Picking from Melbourne start of origin too.
Speaker 2: Don't desoy a camera seasons, but like Scott.
Speaker 3: I apologize and the building.
Speaker 2: Really I've got that one. Really.
Speaker 4: Yeah, pick picked up a few young players roll for next year. They've gone good. Yeah, feeling good. Your man, Sticky David, you.
Speaker 2: Said an apology to him.
Speaker 3: Thanks, yep, Dave, he's ringing now.
Speaker 1: Mules wants to know Dragon's arrest of their Origin players. Is it worth going to freezing in Wollongong from Sydney.
Speaker 5: I've already contacted Dragon's officials, Muckles. I did my best for you. I didn't get a reply at this point in time. My male prior to Origin was that that Ben Hunt and Lomax would attempt to and it was just dependent on how how heavy Jaden Sho was working like it was good.
Speaker 3: Took Earn didn't do too much.
Speaker 2: It's pretty good.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: You'll struggle to find a Paul Coinsland when you're playing.
Speaker 6: Can I just say, Muckles, if you if you're a true I assume you're a Dragons fan.
Speaker 4: If you're a true Dragons fan, get to the game. Sun. You've got to support your team. Came Rain, Hail sign or.
Speaker 1: Conditions, Snook, Snooky Well show, interesting Blaze to Lungey Ready, Well.
Speaker 4: They should and we've got a little bit of cash to spend.
Speaker 6: Obviously there's a Tayler Maysue going on, and Blaze is a good young player, so I think they're mad if they don't show interesting Blaze to Langey, what are you reack about?
Speaker 1: I think everyone should be shown interesting, Richard? What is the ideal origin eligibility criteria? Is it place of birth first in your game or first game?
Speaker 3: Place of birth game?
Speaker 4: Can I give you my idea on this?
Speaker 6: And I've pitched this before so I don't mind the current eligibility rules, but place of birth should give you.
Speaker 4: It should be some sort of have the other around place at birth.
Speaker 6: For example, Luke Keary, who's demmed under the eligibility rules to be in use at Welshman born in Queensland grew up supporting Queensland because of his birthplace.
Speaker 4: He should be eligible for Queensland.
Speaker 2: He should be able to have a choice.
Speaker 4: You should have a choice exactly.
Speaker 1: I'm okay with that too. Yeah, I'm okay with that. That's good real chase, but not a choice at twenty.
Speaker 4: Two when you're aiding or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, where you sign your first contract or whatever the case may be, because I don't want players going on. I'm going to play for yourself because I can't make Queensland.
Speaker 3: Right. But when you sign your first contract, if you're eligible.
Speaker 4: For when you're aiding, you've got to make a queen.
Speaker 2: Daniel wants to know.
Speaker 9: So first, you can't old first country. He played exemption, thank you first? Yeah, first contract is a stormman, Daniel. Daniel, Daniel loves the storm right, and you're our storms.
Speaker 4: He does love the storm.
Speaker 1: Storm only released Aaron Penny from his contract. They're still like in a parliament of four. Do you think they have a genuine cracket Steffano.
Speaker 6: I think they've got a genuine interest in Stefano. It depends where the price gets to whether Stefano is keen to move to Melbourne.
Speaker 4: But there's an interest there, there's no doubt.
Speaker 3: Does the other thing depend on Nelson? You wouldn't bring that up.
Speaker 2: I don't think. I don't think.
Speaker 3: I don't think you have Nelson and Stefano on the same team.
Speaker 9: Okay, what about a swap Nelson for Stefano?
Speaker 4: Intriguing?
Speaker 3: That's not a bad shout, Yeah, it's not bad. That's that's Tiger's areas.
Speaker 4: That's not bad.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Peter Ferguson. He always sends us funny one.
Speaker 4: Don't I say?
Speaker 6: Nelson's been He's been very disappointing this year, hasn't he the last couple of years?
Speaker 3: Really? He's named on the bench against Radio DA.
Speaker 1: So you guys are basically my last resort. But how do I get past the source stands out of my clothes. None of the stors or old wives tales work.
Speaker 2: So you're commite wealth and knowledge. He's my only hope. Dave's all across it.
Speaker 3: You know, I've been here before, Pete, and I'll feel your pain. It's Look, it's a long road back, Pete.
Speaker 5: I'm assuming it's an apple latana sauces it's red, and it's not a carbonara or pesto. And look, you've got to go down the path of scrubbing brush unfortunately scrubbed with.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's got to go early, got to get it early. If it's if he's already.
Speaker 3: Washed the water spot on, you've got to get it, Pete.
Speaker 5: You can't go down the blues path and wait twenty five minutes to cover your reshue. You've got to get on it straight away.
Speaker 6: Don't muck around on a good scrub soaker for a bit. Yep, Colie does that for me.
Speaker 2: We did lots of soaking in the moment of clothing our household. Oh yeah, and you passed it for dinner tonight, Blues Dave, what's on the menu, your household?
Speaker 3: What's on?
Speaker 5: So we've got to buy in footy this weekend forty junior, forty under fifteen stellar see our carrying bar.
Speaker 3: We have a buy. So we're going out.
Speaker 5: We're going out for pizza as a that's a bonding session.
Speaker 4: I did that a little while ago my soccer team.
Speaker 6: I took him out for wings at war Burgers or you can eat wings twenty cent wing.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, well this one's all you can eat pizza. And the boys are already talking, talking up, who's gonna eat the mone Those are the days I'm.
Speaker 6: Thinking, might it might be seafood night tonight? The read household. A bit of salmon norice salmon on the barbie. I cooked my salmon with a bit I put like to cooking, A bit of chili oil, a good a bit of hit. You know, crumo and calamari.
Speaker 3: And you calamari of course.
Speaker 4: I buy a calamari tube slice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you ever caught calamari? Never, but it's hard work.
Speaker 4: And then the wife they spit the purple ink out once you catch it.
Speaker 6: Now it's not so appetizing now. And the wife flock's a bit of white in phillots crumbed. But you know what she loves with her seafood. I'm sure what So whenever I get seafood, the first thing she asked me is did you buy pasta salad? She's got to have past the salad with the seafood, and every time, and she's filthy. I'm going to go back down the shops to get.
Speaker 2: Can you remember the past?
Speaker 4: Oh? Can you tell them the story about Because.
Speaker 1: The butcher, a local butcher for some reason having like was selling pork ribs for fifteen dollars a killer wow, so butt four when I having four racks a night, but there's four racks, like less than fifty bucks.
Speaker 3: That's good or how good is that?
Speaker 4: And he got the homemade.
Speaker 1: Clara was like, I was genup, ready to go get some some ribs, but he was too far away. But my wife's done the mari marinate at last night. She makes it yeah, you're going to.
Speaker 4: Give me that recipe. I've said it to you. You have.
Speaker 6: So I love pork for twenty four hours she did last night. And what's the cooking the l four?
Speaker 2: You're asking the wrong person. I will do. I'll be doing the dishes.
Speaker 4: Have we had a dishwasher?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he's still with it.
Speaker 6: And then someone's the four get stuck and you know what, can I just quickly seriously, why when you dishes off figured a dishwasher. That's the purpose of the dishwasher.
Speaker 2: It depends.
Speaker 5: There's not a little dude in the dishwasher just scrubbing. There's some stuff on the plate, was some stuff on the plates?
Speaker 1: And sometimes, like I know, because you say you put your dishwasher on every day, right, you've got four adults.
Speaker 6: Well, no, I wouldn't call my sixteen holid remotely close to an adult, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: So we've only got the two of us and the little one, so sometimes we don't use it.
Speaker 2: So you need to.
Speaker 4: We can give that.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm really looking forward to this weekend round of footing of these heaps of intriguing matchups. Join us next week where we dissect and more origin and look to the road ahead for the NRL