Speaker 1: I will say my brother was such a good MC.
Speaker 2: What the fuck?
Speaker 1: He was such a good MC?
Speaker 2: What do you mean right in front of me?
Speaker 1: In front of you? Say it behind my back, not to my face. Where's Your Head At? Is a podcast that talks all things relationships, breakups, reality TV, trending shows, and everything in between.
Speaker 2: This is your new go to destination for laughs, gossip, intimate details.
Speaker 3: Advice and much more. O.
Speaker 2: Hey guys, welcome back to another episode of Where's Your Head At. We're going to jump in straight from where we were last week. Talk about Anna and Michael's wedding.
Speaker 3: Hi, thanks for having me back.
Speaker 1: Double episode. He got more than you barging for here.
Speaker 2: So he's definitely going to be the most occurring guest surely at this point.
Speaker 1: I know it's good to have you, good to be here. Do you have a good podcasting voice? I will say that it's like comentru. When Michael first came on the podcast, everyone was saying to us that he sounded like Andy Lee, which is a very big compliment.
Speaker 3: I think people are reaching there.
Speaker 1: No, you have a good voice.
Speaker 2: He's what the king of radio in Australia.
Speaker 1: Getting jealous.
Speaker 3: No, I think you have a great voice, unbelievable voice. It's beautiful.
Speaker 2: Thank you as much as I want you to gasp me up. Let's get into where we were. Where do we leave it off last week? So?
Speaker 1: I think we had kind of spoken about the speeches and having the Greek dancers.
Speaker 2: Something I left out there with the Greek dancers was I kept picking up plates and like joking around its role and everyone kept grabbing them off me.
Speaker 3: When you say everyone, as in like the like who was grabbing them off? Just like the people sitting around.
Speaker 2: Literally just people sitting around me, the people that I didn't.
Speaker 1: Know, You're an absolute menace. Man.
Speaker 3: I like that fun No plates were smashed at the wedding.
Speaker 1: You know what was funny? I will say my brother was such a good MC, and he what he was such a good MC? What do you mean right in front of me, in front of you, say it behind my back, not to no, But he was being hilarious and he would be like, Matt, I know you wanted to be the MC, but just quiet down, I've got the mic.
Speaker 3: He shut up a couple of times, Matt, how did you feel about that in that moment?
Speaker 2: Well, most of the times I wasn't even talking. I was just sitting there, and then.
Speaker 1: My dad was like talking to people, and my brother would be like, Brian mckav always stopped working the room. Take your seat, I've got the mic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he literally can work a room really well. We were talking about that at the welcome dinner. He just was knew how to work that room. Very charismatic, very well done.
Speaker 1: He got you under his spell.
Speaker 2: He did multiple times. He worked me over. We have the Greek dancers, they come out, they lead us to the surprise dance floor, which I'm learning is quite common on weddings, is it.
Speaker 1: Well, the thing is, when we were like organizing the wedding, we were kind of like, well, we could have it all in the one spot, but we have this whole estate, so why would we not use different areas? So it takes people on like a bit of a journey. So for context, the ceremony was in the center of the estate, and the estate kind of wraps around everyone, and then we had the post ceremony drinks at the back of that area, and then people moved into the front, which was where the reception was. The front of the estate, which had like beautiful seaviews and then we got the Greek dancers to conger line everyone to the very back area, which was the after party area. The Strobe blots with the Strobe lights, the DJ. We yeah, we had the pastor wheel highlight of the wedding. Did you try some?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we left when it came out and hard one on the way home.
Speaker 1: Literally the best past ever. I had like four bowls of it. It was incredible. The after party was so fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where did it wrap up?
Speaker 3: Two o'clock?
Speaker 1: Two am? But it's funny because.
Speaker 3: After after after party, but we after to escape.
Speaker 2: We left it like twelve is when the wheel came out.
Speaker 1: That's probably a good time to live it kind of. It was really fun, like everyone was.
Speaker 3: It's just so wholesome though, Like everyone was in a circle, just like singing like those classic songs together.
Speaker 1: Like and through.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's pretty nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember a little bit.
Speaker 3: Well that must for two hours.
Speaker 2: Well, it's good that you wrapped up a two Nothing good happens after two am, so.
Speaker 1: That is exactly why we wrapped it up at two am. No, I think the highlight of people.
Speaker 3: When it jumped in the pool at two am, I think, but we escaped just before that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it was fun. I think the highlight for me was the fireworks because it was kind of like the end of the reception. I did the bridal bouquet just before that, so I like, you know how that traditional thing where you throw your bouquet and the next person who catches it is going to get married. So Amy bridesmaid caught it, I know, so I was like, yeah, I'm so happy about this, like I would like I wanted her or Laura to get it. And then from there it literally went into the fireworks, which was I don't know, the fireworks was a cool part.
Speaker 3: It was. It was like really fun and I thought it was unnecessary idea, but I was wrong.
Speaker 1: It was so good.
Speaker 2: So then we wake up the next day. How are you feeling second marriage? You feel you're feeling really married now? Really married to felt amazing. I felt amazing.
Speaker 3: I would have got you sunglasses, marital sunglasses, put my party shirt on. I was feeling like the.
Speaker 1: Thing is is I think like we didn't really think about having sex on the wedding morning because we were like reminiscing, being like did that actually happen? It all just went so perfectly like think about me. I'm literally I've got into this wedding. People are having canceling because of hernias. People are breaking their arms, people are breaking their fingers. I'm thinking Michael's got an inflamed vein. I'm thinking, Fuck, this wedding could go seriously wrong. The travel curse is a real thing. And then the wedding happens and it's unbelievable, nothing goes wrong. I'm thinking, like, how's our luck for this? Like this is so good. So we were just kind of reminiscing about it. But then we had the after party, the poor party, the recovery, so we were almost like up and into planning mode for that.
Speaker 2: And that was that was a good day. A lunch. Everyone wore their colors. Yeah, I got a shirt from old Core. FU did the price, so you call it the price conversion. By the time I did, it was like a hundred eighty seven bar.
Speaker 3: What's it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would never wear that shit again. I just didn't bring a party.
Speaker 1: Shir wear that shirt again at one hundred and to get another way out of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Our theme was a pop of color. Yeah, and everyone was like so bright and fun. We reorganized the tables from the wedding and we just made one big long table at the front of the estate and we had like a Greek barbecue, like a Greek feast, just like the traditional seats. Then did you picture? I can't like how much you've gone on about the seats that.
Speaker 2: I didn't really.
Speaker 1: Take note of my seats now at your wedding, because obviously like means something to you For me, I didn't think anybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just I just found it funny when the girl next to me go, I haven't seen ana suits too.
Speaker 3: It was actually alphabetical order.
Speaker 2: Oh, then I'm fucked you no, So that was amazing. They had a good Greek barbecue. I had so much Greek salad over there, literally.
Speaker 1: So much good Greek salad. And then we had a pool party.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we all went in the pool. That was fun, kept drinking. Were you bartending or was that just.
Speaker 3: I think everyone had a turn bartending?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah I did it, did you Michael?
Speaker 3: Yeah I had to go. Yeah. Everyone was just kind of like getting in there.
Speaker 1: Everyone's getting around it. Yeah, it was really nice.
Speaker 3: I loved the recovery day. It was like all the run sheet was out the window, like we didn't have to think about anything. Everyone was back just like in a jolly mood. Yeah we're feeling like happy, and marriage party shirt was on, like it was such a fun.
Speaker 1: Day and it was cool because like everyone was like already reminiscing about the wedding, talking about how amazing it was, their favorite memories, like I think as well, like even the people, like most people knew each other, but for the people who didn't know many people, like you probably didn't know many people, Oh you would have known a few, but like for people who didn't know many people, it became like almost this big family. Because we saw each other on the welcome dinner, everyone kind of got to know each other. We were all on bloody having Uzoh shots, so everyone was young, wild and free having the time of their life. So by the time the wedding came around, everyone was like very familiar with everyone who was going to be there. And by the time the recovery happened, it was like just it for us, it felt like just one big family, like our friends and family were just merged. Like everyone was getting along with our parents, which was so nice to see. Everyone was having like such a good time and yeah, the recovery was way more less stressful, I think, yeah, because there was no run sheet, so it was just like chilling, having fun, having a swim. Still ended up like a bit of a late night like eleven pm.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you have any regrets from your wedding that you would pass on to like people listening a wedding or any advice?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do. I got like caught up a bit in add like a bit too much ADMIN on the wedding morning, to the point that my grooms would eventually stepped in were like Michael, like fucking like just like just little things like counting chairs and stuff Like I was somehow because like our dads are both out there like counting chairs, like, and I was like I just kept like engaging in these things that I really should have probably just left alone, but for a couple for like an hour, And then eventually everyone was like, mate, you need to stop, like.
Speaker 2: Just chill for a couple of hours.
Speaker 3: Let's like relax and let's just like enjoy this.
Speaker 1: You're such a helper and a duer. I don't think that's going to have that problem, you do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like everyone was like like literally everyone's like, mate, stop counting chairs, like what are you doing?
Speaker 1: And because I had written like a little letter to all of our guests with their little letter with their names on it. So but I just I didn't have an order for that. So then people were like, well, where do you want everyone to sit? And I was like, I don't know. I just like just put people's names on the chair. I hadn't done a seating plan for the rest that that was me, but you know what I mean, Like, I just feel like we.
Speaker 2: Did do that out of curiosity because that was quite well done. Because I did not notice that and I did it was very.
Speaker 1: I think my dad, Yeah, our dad's and.
Speaker 3: A few people were involved. Yeah, definitely, our dads are leading the charge there. Yeah, yeah, that was and they definitely didn't need my help. Like I don't know what I was doing out there for me.
Speaker 1: Regrets of the wedding, I probably would say, if I had my time again, not to be hungover the day before the wedding.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 1: Not to be vomiting the day before my wedding. When I'm trying to thinkout saying really, I would say probably like in hindsight, like I do wish that I didn't like see Michael the morning. I was like, it would have been nice to not see him, so I would not sleep in the same bed as you. Although I love those cuddles and it was nice like being like, oh my god, I get married today. That was fun. But also if I have my time again, I wouldn't do that practice the wedding dance.
Speaker 3: But is that a regret because it all like was perfect.
Speaker 1: I just think that like me and.
Speaker 3: We were never going to be like dancing with the stars, like choreographed sensation. Now we were like we're both quite tall, Like I don't think we're going to like look that elegant ever doing a dance.
Speaker 1: I think I would have looked like bambiond Ice.
Speaker 3: I would have looked way like we did all that. We did all the moves and like it was like quiet, like theatric like it had a lot of theater to it, like moderate coordination.
Speaker 1: Because there's one point in the dance where you got down on both your knees and looked up to the sky and some like the lyrics.
Speaker 3: Remember yeah, I don't Yeah, there's a bit of theater.
Speaker 1: There was theater. I can't wait to see the first dance video by the way because we haven't seen that, you know.
Speaker 3: Those things that like then those things are like definitely felt better in real life, like we were feeling it in that moment. It's the moment, but then you watch it back and I just know it's going to look like and.
Speaker 1: A lot of my cousins are like proper dancers, so they would have been like cringing it like how about?
Speaker 3: And it was choreographed by Amber.
Speaker 1: Amber had cut out for it and.
Speaker 3: She was like she choreographed it to perfection. She just unfortunately had the worst pretty pretty poor students.
Speaker 4: Everything, so practice, I would say, But like there was probably things that like didn't go like the plan that we had, but there was just nothing that was going to bother me on the day, Like I was just so happy to marry Michael, Like there was nothing that was going to upset me.
Speaker 1: Like I was having the best day of my life. And I think like once all of the ceremony and stuff, although the ceremony was incredible, like it did really feel like I was in a dream, you know, when like things don't feel like real life, Like you're like, am my real life is this happening? I feel like when we got to the reception and we were sitting down that really felt like real life again and I was like getting to soak it up and joy it.
Speaker 3: So that whole week, the whole week was like that though. It was and like the plate the estate that we got married is like the most magical place, Like it's just a sort of place. It's like it's like good for your soul, Like you just feel like at least there, and it's just like it was so wholesome. Yeah, kids were running around, like everyone was meeting each other and mingling, like it was like just a beautiful sort of like surreal week.
Speaker 1: I feel even like on like the first day, they had done six different playsets of how the napkins could look and like we were all picking together, Like it was just like those little moments.
Speaker 3: Yeah, between the in between moments were like so perfect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like having it on a state that was really the highlight, Like they're getting to hear Grace and Ethan sing, Like those moments that were unplanned, but they just happened because everyone was there together. I think that was so cool. But yeah, like I think highlighting as well, because I feel like I got a lot of hate on TikTok being like, you're so selfish to have a destination wedding, and I just think that absolute bs. I think if you're wanting a destination wedding, my advice is have it best thing I've ever done, zero regrets, And literally every single person who came to the wedding was like, thank you so much for bringing us to Core Food. It's such a beautiful place. We had the best time ever, Like, no regrets. Everyone was like one hundred percent thank god we.
Speaker 3: Came, and no one was like it was not expected for any like there was no obligation, not anyone to feel that they needed to come. But what's important to highlight too was that like Anna grew up in the UK, so Greece is only three and a half hours from where all of her family came from. So a huge portion of the guests just flew three hours to Greece.
Speaker 1: And they wouldn't have probably been able to come if it wasn't in Greece. And I think because Michael's mum is like all Greek and you're half Greek, Greece just felt like the perfect wedding destination for us. And I think like even on the very first day that we slept over at the estate a night before everyone else arrived. And on the first morning, we were sitting having a coffee and my auntie walked past, who I hadn't seen in like five years, and she was like power walking like on her morning walk with her little AirPods in and I was like to Michael, that's my auntie, Like that's my mum's brother's wife. And it's just like just being like because it was in a little village just for context for everyone, so like everyone was bumping into everyone and seeing everyone, and it was like this little community and it was so so incredible, and the fact that Michael has got to meet all of my family it's like invaluable. Like for us, it wasn't just a wedding. It was a family reunion. It's the last time that we might see some family, you know, like it's it was a big deal, and I think it was so much more than just a destination wedding.
Speaker 3: It was also like so wholesome, like we sort of like took over this village in a way, and all the tavernas were like family run, so every time people separately were going out for dinners and lunches, like the family run to Werners. They're all coming out like a year for the wedding, and it was like this just connection of people, like it was quite beautiful.
Speaker 1: So we were obviously in Corfu for about a week. We had the three official wedding days. Then we did the couple's thing and went to Canaldamore, which was a really fun day. We touched on that actually last episode. But then my brother he was like, what do you want me to get you for your wedding present? And I was like, oh, nothing, like I don't want anything, and he was like, well, what about like an experience whilst we're in Corfu, Like maybe I could hire a boat for the day and we can all take a boat. So that was his wedding present to us, and it was actually the best present ever. The boat day was one of my favorite days. When we were there. We were literally there was about twenty five people on the boat, including both of our parents. Like we were out like swimming, we were playing like ball with we were playing what was it, like a game of volleyball kind of thing, but in like in like shallow water, but like out in the middle of the sea. It was really cool. Everyone was swimming. It just we got pretty drunk. Actually on the boat day, it was festive.
Speaker 3: It's definitely festive.
Speaker 1: So the owner of the boat, he makes homemade wine at his house, and he had like, you know, like a plastic water water bottle. He had like two big plastic water bottles of homemade wine. And I was like, I feel like this is going to be potentially pretty strong. And it started as a pretty like chill day. Everyone's swimming, and by the end of it it was a full blown rave.
Speaker 2: Or white wine. Both.
Speaker 1: It was both, and I was having the red and I swear to god, I've never felt a nicer feeling of being drunk. Like it was like I.
Speaker 2: Didn't have a lot of.
Speaker 1: I wasn't hungover. Yeah. So like when the boat was coming in, this is one of the highlights as well. Everyone was so lit up. Like the last hour on the boat, everyone was getting fully lit. The music was pumping, everyone was dancing. I literally felt like I was in Ibiza Ibitha and my auntie wear the boat docks. My auntie was like at her window and she was waving to the boat and everyone started chanting, Auntie, maurne, I'm going to put the video on our face.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she was was it was wholesome.
Speaker 2: She was like waving Aunty Loren, the one that lives in Melbourne near me.
Speaker 1: No, that's man to Catherine, but yeah, she's from England. So it was just hilarious. It was so fun. You missed the boat day and you.
Speaker 2: Missed the yeah.
Speaker 1: But we made so many amazing memories there.
Speaker 2: Quad Bike Day was amazing.
Speaker 1: Quad Back Day so fun. We cemented all of our loves.
Speaker 2: When you guys went in the it wasn't even a what were you guys in there?
Speaker 1: Because I hate being in the sun all day, like I don't have my skin as we all know. So I Michael. I literally got there and Michael's like, I got you the one with the roof, and I was like, I love you so tanning all day and we were like had a little roof, so I was like, this is cute. It was like trying that was like trying to like Dick swing with his quad bike with him and my brother. Like my brother's like I've got the bigger one and that's like Mone's is almost as big. And I was like, oh my god, do you know actually this is funny? This is actually embarrassing. That was like because my brother's like, I'll go first because I can do like direct people, and that's like, I'm going to second.
Speaker 3: The fact, you know in the com you know when a convoy, Matt, the most important people go last.
Speaker 2: This is true in the Animal Kingdom.
Speaker 1: That was literally like, I have to go second.
Speaker 2: I'm going I wanted to go first.
Speaker 1: Did you hear direct so you were like, I'm definitely second.
Speaker 2: Wow, my co pilot probably wasn't all over the directing. I know her direction skills, so I probably couldn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my direction skills aren't good, especially in Greece.
Speaker 2: Well it's I mean they seem to have their communication of directing quite well.
Speaker 1: Yeah. What's your final thoughts of the wedding before we wrap this up, Matt.
Speaker 2: I think the wedding was beautiful. It was amazing. From a guest, there wasn't like anything wrong with it, nothing like. It was amazing. I think it ticked a lot of boxes.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: To see you guys, I'm obviously there when you guys first met, and to be on the journey with you guys together, and then to see you guys come together in that way was Yeah, it was very good. It didn't bring me to tears self surprise about but yeah, it was great toa that's very sweet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks Matt.
Speaker 3: My final thoughts of the wedding, I mean, there's a lot of thoughts. I'm just yeah, it was like the most amazing week of our lives. We made memories with so many incredible people in our lives and it was really really beautiful to see them come together and have a great time. And I'm so happy to be married to you at the end.
Speaker 2: I mean, like I said on that, I couldn't think of a better couple to get married as well. I use you guys not as any a standard, but like some of the stuff that you guys do together, I want to be more like so I do think that it could happen to a better couple.
Speaker 1: Thanks Matt. It was honestly amazing having you. We were so grateful that you made the journey to Greece. We obviously didn't expect anyone to come, but for the people to come, like it was just so special to have everyone there and literally call memories of our life. So thank you for coming, thank you for sharing, thank you to everyone for tuning in and hearing all about our wedding. We've loved having Michael in the studio.
Speaker 3: It's nice to be here. Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: It's always nice having you in here, honey.
Speaker 3: Anytime, let me know you'll.
Speaker 1: You'll be called up soon.
Speaker 3: Come back for next you know, like the divorce.
Speaker 2: No, I actually saw it.
Speaker 1: You were the biggest dog that all these nice things, and then see you for the divorce.
Speaker 3: It's like when we started the hard launch, wasn't it hard launch? Engagement? Marriage? Kids? So I come back for kids.
Speaker 1: You're definitely.
Speaker 2: The next step.
Speaker 1: Well, we're just focusing on Goldie b at the moment.
Speaker 2: Focusing on that's at the moment is.
Speaker 1: Literally our baby. How little Bee. Well, Matt, your wedding is next, so very soon we will be having a similar discussion, but all about your wedding. So don't give me a bad spot now, because I know how important it is to you. I'm going to be really looking out for us.
Speaker 2: Another for you, Michael.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for coming in. I'd love you so much.
Speaker 3: You love you too.
Speaker 1: Thanks for the guys, right, thank you for reminiscing on our wedding with me. I'm sure we'll listen back to this, and youths come and you know this is like our dear diary for our wedding. Yeah, thanks for listening, guys, until next time, byee you later.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm