Speaker 1: Personify Lucy.
Speaker 2: We're just talking not bear by any measure. The game against Brisbane last weekend took it to a side who they've got Grand Final credentials on their home ground in good form. Running him close was a pretty good result. But you like the fans, it sounds like you're sick. You're talking about pretty good results.
Speaker 1: Yeah we are. It's obviously another disappointing win away from home. But I thought, as you mentioned, we gave it a good effort. It's obviously not what we go out for just to have a good effort. We want to go and win most games. But I thought we took it to them. We actually had a chance in the last quarter to kind of decrease that margin even more, but unfortunately fell short by eleven points.
Speaker 2: It was a weird sort of a game. It felt like in large periods or Brisbane about to put their foot down and get away, it never really happened. That's sort of been a hallmark of the Crow's Nicks period, hasn't it. You've been good at hanging in fights. It's just been about, you know, just getting over the line at the end.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's spot on, and I think that first quarter especially with locking All and Josh Dunkley. Their first quarters was unbelievable and to see what they had at halftime kind of got addressed and said we need to be better, better in the contest all over the ground, not just in specific spots. But yeah, you've got to give credit to Brucebane. They're in some good form at the moment, and I don't think Locky here really gets spoken about of how good of a player he actually is too.
Speaker 2: Was extraordinate. The school board is working in the three goals. So we've spoken a bit this week about I was at ranking the four week suspension. He's had an incredible year this year. I think a lot of fans would look at the team sheet and say, well, it's as simple as ranking out Ruschelly in in terms of playing his role. Is it that simple?
Speaker 1: Yes? And no, I think Isaac brings that that bit more. I guess that bit more spark around the footy, and he's got a little bit more experience at the moment from me. He's played a few more years and he's played a lot more in the midfield this year. So you don't think necessarily you'll you'll take his role not necessarily closer to goal. Yeah, I think I'll still play closer to goal. I think we've still got a lot of mids in the moment, so I'm not sure what we're going to do. Then we've had Zach Taylor on the bench as playing that sub role, so he could potentially come in. But yeah, it's not really like for like, I don't think. But for me, I know where my position is and what I'm doing ahead of the ball. I think more that that midfield role is more a long term role for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, that's interesting. It's a like for like because I think a lot of fans would go you both flashy players with skill that that offer a bit up the ground and then offer a bit when you've got the goals, you know, goal sense and ability to sneak goals that way. But you see some differences just innately between your two games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I do see a few diff and it's like, don't get me wrong, I'll go in for some center bounces and try and get a little bit more now that Isaac's not there. But I think for us now with the last seven weeks ago, we just really want to go out there and play with freedom and have no risks, and I think we'll have a few players just rolling through those spots and I think everyone's going to get a crack in there.
Speaker 2: I was going to ask you about that. The messaging now for the last seven rounds, as there been like a big picture conversation among the players, either driven by the players or the coach about what you're trying to get out of it, what you might see, and what to be prepared for.
Speaker 1: It definitely started after the bye week. We sat down and we had some great conversations around what the last nine games looked like, and it was great to see how that started straight after the bye week against genebe Best. We had a great win then and even last week and it was disappointing result, but we're still playing our brand of footye again. So for us, as I just mentioned before, it's just about having that freedom again and playing with that excitement and fun because for some of us it feels like it's only a couple weeks away the season ends, but it's still seven seven games away, so we can still get a lot out of the next seven rounds and set our season up for next year.
Speaker 2: Hugh Bond deboots this weekend fourth debutane of they You've always done a nice job of getting introducing us to these guys off the field before they played their first game. So, Hugh Bond, what kind of guys he.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you he's one of the most annoyingest players to play on at training. So whoever's got him this weekend, good luck, because he's a Lockdown player who just wants to annoy you and grab you and muck around with you. But he's he's a great person, Hugh. I've known him for a couple of years. He moved in with my host family as soon as I moved out, So he's a great person. He's got a great family, and it's well deserved because he's done it hard for a couple of years and grinded away and knew that the things he needed to improve on. But he deserves it more than anyone.
Speaker 2: Lockdown is in sort of taking small forwards as a small defender or sort of tagging through the midfield.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, small small defender playing on the small forwards. So Sydney got us, Sank would have got some good forwards down there with Jack Giggins and a few of them, So we'll probably be on one of them, I'd say it.
Speaker 2: Would be a big task. Yeah, how much of your time you've put in this week in having a look at House and kildare set up, because they've coming into a bit of form at the moment as well, and they do play a peculiar, if not unique style of footy where they leave a lot of space behind the footy off and you see half backs racking up incredible numbers. Your blocks must be that are back there must be licking their lips this week. But they liked to low scoring games, that ross line style of footy. You've spoken a bit about.
Speaker 1: That, Yeah, we have. We we addressed our game review straight after in Brisbane, which was good to get that out of the way pretty quickly and move on. But yeah, we had a great day yesterday kind of analyzing Saint Kilda and where they're at. And as you mentioned that their half backs are big disposals and especially in a Zaiwanganneen and Jack Sinclair, they get back there as much as they can and they're pretty creative. So for us it will just be reducing their impact as much as possible and our ford to fifty pre she's going to be massive for us. I think we can get a lot of turnovers there and hopefully get on the end of a few goals. But yeah, our big thing will be again just pressing from the midfield and the forward line, and our contest will be will be a big thing too.
Speaker 2: Could you start a recruitment drive and I Miller out on the ground a few words, telling him how good it is back here. Why'd you the weather? I think it's going to be not making much of advertisement.
Speaker 1: You know it would it'd be great to have him and Wayne Miller back there for one day. Unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Last question not on footy, but on your former vocation in soccer. We're trying to work out earlier. In fact, I'll put it to you this way. Are you the kind of soccer fan that is happy when England does well? Or do you like this England not do well? Course, they've made it through to the final of Euro.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty happy for him. I'm pretty stoked for him, especially after watching the David Beckham documentary and say how much they got smoked for that back in the day. So it'd be great to see them do well, especially with all the haters. And I think watching dude Balingham these days. He's one of the the most absolute talents. Would be great to see him have a great game.
Speaker 2: I feel better about that now, Loose. I thought I was going out to the limbs thing. I was happy to Seeingly win this morning. I just needed to share the sentiment I need to hear from someone with some credibility that they feel the same way for that's good. We'll all the best for the weekend. Look forward to seeing guys taking the Saints Saturday night and one of our a couple of our listeners were getting along Loose because we've got the Bunker tickets seeing the game in style. I hope you see Josh kick four and dominate the game. Thanks for coming in, make great the chat. David Pemberthy and Will Goodings six to line five Double a Breakfast