Speaker 1: I get a team. It's Tommy Jacket. Tommy Jacket's back, Bloody Tommy Jacket. Bloody Tommy Jacket. Film producer, megastar, podcaster, family man, creative journius, one of Australia's best. I would suggest and I reckon. I reckon in the big deal stakes. I've slightly got him covered for about another week that he's going to explode. He's going to explode the what's the timing on the explosion, Tom.
Speaker 2: Don't sure, but if you keep talking like this, mate, it's going to be it's going to be a big explosion. That sounds horrible, but it didn't mean it like that. But I really appreciate every time I come on here. It's like I reckon, I could track my self worth, which is saying something, but it's when I come on this podcast I feel the best about myself. But it's because how generous you are with your words, whether they're bullshit or not. Mate, it's Kevin Cumming.
Speaker 1: Actually mean every word. Well, I don't know, you know, in terms of what you're going to do, be, create and become I don't know exactly, but I would be very surprised if yeah, and not that you're doing it for that, but that you weren't a well known doco producer or movie producer or film producer or well known creator. You're already moderately well known and you're doing some great stuff. But since I met you almost twenty years ago or something, when you were just a fucking lost, freestyling juvenile who had nine pubes and came on one of my I don't know how old were you when you came on that first retreaty campy thing, Iran.
Speaker 2: I would have been, yeah, nineteen or something like that. But I will tell you, Craig, I know I find it hard to accept compliments. I've been told that before. But can we just say talk about Oscar Piastre. You know who is.
Speaker 1: Of course, you just won overnight. His Australia's well is the number one while he's leading the Formula One Driver's Championship at the moment. Ozzie Ripper like I think about.
Speaker 2: Him as a twenty what is he twenty one or twenty two?
Speaker 1: When you hear that, kids, my shoes are older than him.
Speaker 2: Tom, your cargo pants have doubled his age, I'd say it's but don't you isn't it unbelievable. Like I think about myself as a kid that age, and I barely had my shit together. I didn't have anything to I didn't have any shit, I didn't have anything together. But it's some humans just he's so gifted, you know, one thing for his skill as a driver, but also just as a level headed twenty year old. It's phenomenal.
Speaker 1: Well think about you're exactly right. So obviously there's the athletic, you know, the physiological kind of ability to be able to do you know, have those driving skills, reaction time judgments, and they're not top of that. How courageous do you have to be? How brave do you have to be to be driving a car at th round and twenty kilometers an hour with maniacs around you? And then on top of that, how calm do you have to be in the middle of anything or something that everybody else would be terrified in. Yeah, like you've got to regulate your heartbeat, be calm, be focused, not get overwhelmed by you know, adrenaline and cortisole and all the fear hormones.
Speaker 2: Ah, then the pressure when you're actually becoming a champion, the difference you see Norris, his teammate at a rippy year last year, and then the pressure was pretty heavy on him to follow it up, and you can see he sort of he gets restless under this pressure. But I guess what we're talking about is someone with real talent, and it's something I don't have, Craig, as much as you like to say, sort of read me out, but I really see it. Like my friction in my early years of my career was so great where I just felt so inadequate in the thing I'm doing, or it's why I end up at a Craig Harper workshop at nineteen, just just trying to look for praise, and here we are fifteen plus years later. Just I mean, that was a great investment, wasn't it.
Speaker 1: Well? I think you did. I mean you were great. I was because everybody probably the average age was thirty to forty, maybe even thirty five to forty.
Speaker 2: Everyone felt old, Craig, even though I'm that age now and.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, I don't feel well and you didn't come. It's not like, oh, you came along with your your older brother or a mate, or you came by yourself. And I remember thinking, this kid's either weird or special or special. It turns out you're weird, but yeah, that's okay. Are you a bit special? Yeah? But being able to I think figure out, you know, part of the challenge for people is figuring out what they want to do. Like if you know at nineteen twenty, twenty one, twenty two that you want to be a creative, you want to produce films, you want to create content for this rapidly evolving thing called social media, but also maybe you know, make some bigger and better things for television for want of a better term, for all the platforms that operate through television. But you kind of knew that at a young age, right, And I think like Oscar Piastres, same thing. He probably knew when he was eight that he wanted to be a world champion in Formula one. Whether or not you'd ever get there, but he probably wanted that. But I reckon the truth is that there are a lot of people that are forty who don't know what they want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I think so from some insight from people that know Oscar because he's a Melbourne kid, I've been told that he believes he's the best driver there is, which I guess it makes total sense. You need that belief in yourself, and maybe we're seeing him at a time so there's no comparison between me and that kid because he's exceptionally talented. But I think about myself at eighteen nineteen coming to something like you your workshop. I kind of knew where I wanted to go, but I really had zero skills and zero life experience. And the frustration in me for so long around not having the actual skill set to where my belief or you know, the vision of where I wanted to go was never aligned. And that's such a painful position. And maybe someone like Oscar you that kid's been driving since he was could walk right, little cars, little go karts or whatever, and so there's been so much time where he's built the skill and when he's on the world stage and he's only twenty, he's hardly you know, lived any life. It's really out of school. You're like four years out of school or whatever. Yeah, and so we think, oh, yes, he's had zero life, but he's actually been grinding for over ten twelve years in doing whatever he needs to do to build the skill set. So you're seeing this sort of synergy of skill and the desire or you know, his dreams sort of coming into play, which I yeah, I find frustrating seeing it mate, you know, just where I could have been.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but so you said a couple of things there I wrote him down. You said, you know you didn't have you didn't have the skill, you didn't have the experience, blah blah blah. Well, you can only get skill and experience over time, and skill and experience are not something that anyone in the world is born with, right, So you might be born with talent and creative potential and maybe it and disposition to be good at things like run fast, jump high, solve math problems, invent shit, you know, fight whatever, write stories, be an academic. I mean, everybody's born with I think different predispositions to be better and worse at things. But what you've done since that that weekend away that we had is you have got vast knowledge, and you have developed skill, and you do have runs on the border. Now you've got vast experience, and you're going to have more and get more. But you know, it's like there's probably another Oscar Pastre somewhere in the world with the same level of talent who never even got near a go kart.
Speaker 2: You near a goat, but never a go cut.
Speaker 1: Like I used to think, what if Roger Federer grew up next door to me in La tro Valley and never picked up a tennis racket.
Speaker 2: I reckon he would be the best division a horn bowl guy in the valley where you know.
Speaker 1: The greater, morewel area.
Speaker 2: The well if you think about so, I felt so like most of that earlier time for me was like nervous about things, like everything was the first time, or you know, like there's so many areas that you're pushing yourself, you know, when when you're trying to build a skill set. I felt, yes, so many times I felt nervous, and so that in my head connecting that nerves and pressure with some kind of growth and change within myself, whether it's my skill set, my just understanding of life, life experience. But it's interesting because later in as I've grown up, I feel like I'm more searching for peace and less of that pressure. But can you you know, do you think growth comes from peace rather than pressure or does it have to come from pressure.
Speaker 1: I think I think it can come in both. Like I think where we build resilience, and you know, a level of awareness and a kind of psychological emotional strength is in the middle of the shitfest, right. But I also think, you know, like I've grown and learn and evolved. Say, if we talk about the skill of podcasting, where even when I was making no dough and even when the podcast wasn't you know, like world class, and some of the guests were a bit dodgy, and I was a bit dodgy, and I didn't hate it though, It's like I didn't go to bed going oh fuck, this is terrible. I'm embarrassed. I'm humiliated. I'm like, I just knew that I wasn't great, but I thought that I could get in the ballpark of great if I just did the work, you know. And I'm still not there, But I'm better than I was. I know more. I understand more about the science of podcasting and interviewing and building rapport and connection and talking to an audience that I can't see. But I can only do that by getting miles on the clock, you know. And I think that's the same I think we have. You know, there are people who are brilliantly gifted. They take up something and six months later they're fucking amazing at it. But that's not me, you know. So I think the average person is closer to me than Oscar, And I think the average person just needs to get the miles in and just go, yeah, look, some of it's going to suck. But also there will be lots of times where you're learning and growing and evolving in the middle of the fun stuff and the joy and the winds, you know, so it doesn't have to be But also I think you know this old chestnut again, Tom, But it ain't about the top of the hill. It's about the climb, because who gets to the top of the hill and goes right, I'm satisfied. I don't need any anything else. I'm done. I'm at the top of the hill or the mountain, whatever metaphor we're using today. I'm up here. It's all good, right, I'm done. Bibbity bobby boo. That's me. Put the que in the rack. Because on top of the mountain you're just fucking looking around, maybe or maybe soaking in the view, which is great. But climbing the mountain you're actually becoming. You know, you're learning, you're evolving, you're building understanding, and awareness and physical strength and emotional strength, and you're meeting other people on the climb, and you're solving problems on the climb. And it's in the climb, the metaphoric climb, where all the good shit happens. I don't think much happens at the destination. You know, Jeff Joward always goes, it's all about the process. It's about the process.
Speaker 2: Tom Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's interesting to listen to. But I mean, it doesn't feel like that when you lost one hundred million dollars and you're bankrupt, Like Jeff, it's an amazing perspective because I don't have that. I don't talk like that, but but I understand the journey and stuff like that. But I think, I I think you get so attuned to sort of feeling discomfort when you are on that journey that then you can think that you're not going to get anywhere when it's feeling pretty peaceful. And like, I think it's a product of having kids. And just like I don't like it's a hard enough job as it is. Making money is hard enough as it is in life, you know, showing up and being a good person all of that, and so you think, you know, I think, like, when was the last time you felt nervous about something you had to do in your life?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, well pretty regularly with my PAHD to be honest outside, Yeah yeah, yeah, because I'm always having meetings with, you know, in that world, even though I'm five and a half years in with the people who are my supervisors, and you know, they're still so far ahead of me, you know, from a purely understanding research and academia and all the high level stuff that needs to be just part of what you're doing. You know, Like, obviously I've bridged the gap, but I still i'm you know, I feel like I'm the dumbest in the room, and in some ways I am the dumbest in the room. In other ways, I might even be the smartest in the room, depending on what we're using to measure intelligence by, you know, the metric. But yeah, but I don't look and I definitely don't. I'm not I never advocate. Oh, it's all about grinding and hustling and climbing the mountain and every day it's got to be another version of discomfort. I don't agree with that at all. I think there should be fun. I think there. I wrote a post recently. I think it was called fuck all Days. Days where you do fuck all and you happily do fuck all and you're not productive and you're not solving problems, and you're not eating perfectly and you're not run and ten k's and you're being completely you fucking unproductive and lazy and it's amazing and you should do that. It might even be a fuck all weekend or a fuck all week you know. It's like this obsession that self help and personal development in various spaces has, with this perpetual quest for better and bigger and more. I think that's bullshit and it's unattainable and it's unhealthy. But I think many people wake up at a point on their journey where they go, oh, and now I'm forty five and I've been doing a job I don't really like for fifteen years. There's that's the stuff I think we need to address. It's like, all right, Brian, well, you know when you're forty six, twelve months from now, you know, what would you like to be different? Let's just let's not think about the how, Let's just think about the what. What would you like to be different? And maybe the why, and then let's get clarity around that, and let's reverse engineer it and figure out what we need to do now and decision and action and plan and protocol and accountability so that a year from now you're not still in the groundhog day. That's now sixteen years of a job you don't love, borderline hate. So I think that ambition and goal setting and growth and improvement can coexist with fuck all days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you think you're ambitious?
Speaker 1: Not particularly, Yeah, I'm I don't think I'm unambitious, but like I to me, I, well, that's a good question. I don't think I've ever been asked that I'm going to change my answer. I reckon I am a bit, but I'm not. I'm not one of those driven you know, win at all costs, and if I don't do this, then I'm a failure. I don't. But there are things that I want to do and part of I like not for the sake of it, and I don't even care if no he knows, But I like being I like doing things that at my age you shouldn't you know, or you're typically not doing. Like I like being fitter and stronger than blokes thirty years younger than me, not in any way specific to them. But I like being fit and strong and healthy. I like my brain working well. I like still being productive and creative. I like learning new things and unlearning old things which are disempowering. I like serving people. I like helping people. I like having high energy in you know, the average person my age. Not all of them, but a lot of them. It's like fucking hell, get out of the chair. Cham you know. So I guess in that way, in terms of getting the most out of me, I'm ambitious, yeah, But in terms of making a trillion bucks.
Speaker 2: Nut, well yeah. I think it can definitely shift in its own meaning for yourself. So how I felt ambitious about where I wanted to go earlier is very different to now. I feel very I don't feel ambitious now, which is yeah, I don't know. It's a weird thing. Do you think you need to sort of hold ambition as a value close to you to to progress, to grow in your career or yourself.
Speaker 1: Look, I think when we talk about ambition generally, I've done no research on this, So this is just my feeling. Everyone take it with a grain of salt to me, it seems like when we talk about ambition, generally we're talking about business or career or money, all three. Why can't you be ambitious about being spiritually enlightened? In other words, like, it's an ambition, it's a hope, it's a why can't you Why can't one of your you know, why can't you be ambitious around building a a not for profit where you're serving a community and working with people that really really need love and attention. And so I think in that sense, like if money wasn't an issue, I would hold events every weekend in Melbourne or wherever I was, if it wasn't an issue, and I would charge zero dollars and I would get as many people in the door as I could. It would essentially be church without the God bit, you know what I mean. Maybe there'd be a bit of God sometimes I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, but you might show up every now and then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And no, I'm not talking about a cult. I don't want money, I don't want people, you know, I don't want anything inappropriate. But you know in that you know, like even you think about this, So why do this around? In sixty five days of the year, we're heading towards two thousand episodes. Some episodes are shit, some episodes are alright, some are good. Some conversations for some people have told me they've been life changing. For other people, they're annoying. I get it. But what I do love about this is, you know, there are months disclosure on. There are months on the podcast because we're on the Nova platform where I make pretty good money through this, not mind blowing, but pretty good money. And there are other months where literally I break even because by the time I, you know, pay TIF pay whatever, you know, there's stuff to do. But I would do thirty podcasts and me personally make not one cent, and I'm happy. I don't care because, like if my goal, if I was doing this to get rich, I would have stopped a long time ago. But because I'm fortunate that I have other things that I do and other skills and other doors that are open for me. And also my life, my reality is very cheap, like I don't have seven kids, and you know, I don't have My life is not an expensive life, so I don't need to earn a lot of dough So.
Speaker 2: Well, you made all your money through bitcoin in the early days, didn't you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it. Yeah, porn. Har I created pornhah yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I thought you were only fans go but nah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look I've got tam percent of that. You know. Hey, everyone, that's all bullshit. H yeah. But I don't know. I think I've said this too many times and people are going to roll their eyes. But I'm saying it to you like I think you know this. It's like I love having a purpose bigger than me, where you know, I'm just genuinely being of value and service to someone else and not because oh there's a kickback or there's a percentage or there's a you know, there's I'm just and by the way, I'm often not that. Sometimes I'm a fuckhead, but as much as possible, I try to be the to the people that I can, which is not everybody. But let me help you, and I don't need anything back, but just succeed and be great or do your best and be cheering you on. Because do you know where this came from? I remember when I was a fat little kid getting the bus from more Well to Taralgon, which was a half hour sorry MOEI to Tarragon, which was a half hour drive each way. And I remember being doesn't matter, but I remember being picked on quite significantly as the year seven fat kid. And I had this thought in my mind, Fuck this, it's like when I'm a big kid, like when I'm in year twelve, I'm going to look after the kids like me. And eventually I became the big kid, right, And that's exactly what I did. I went fuck all the year ten bullies that pick on the year sevens and eights. So I prioritized all the little kids over all, the kind of fifteen sixteen year olds. I didn't bully anyone, but I just protected them. And I've always had a little bit of that in me, where I want to, you know, I want to help people to help themselves, but for the people who in some scenarios can't help themselves at that moment or that chapter of their story, you know, if I can to help them or protect them or be of service, I love doing that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, I mean most kids are just thinking about themselves, so that's a bit rare thinking about how you want to make other people feel.
Speaker 1: I had a plan. I had a plan when I was young. I was thinking about though, you know, we're talking about Oscar Piastri and all of these talented people. I've thought a lot about this over the years because I've worked with elite sporting teams and athletes and olympians and all that shit. And what's the cost of being the eight year old who decides he wants to become the world champion, right, and then he spends basically his entire life. And also most people fail, by the way. Most people don't become Oscar Piastre, you know, like and the AFL players and the you know, the elite netballers or you know, anyone. Probably not so much with the netballers because they don't get paid the same dough and they most of them do have another job. But like, even in the AFL, I've watched, I've worked with, you know, kids that have come in at eighteen and they think they're going to be the next big thing, and by the time they're twenty two, they weren't the next big thing. They had seven games in four years, and then they get delisted and they've you know, they've spent since they were seven years old dreaming about becoming this AFL player, they become it, they end up being not the success story they hoped they would be, but they're ill equipped for anything other than footy because all they've done is think footy, play footy, trained footy, think about the draft, get drafted, and then go into this system where it's twenty four to seven football. And then on a Tuesday night someone asks you in to an office and you get told sorry, mate, we don't need you. Yeah, you know, get your shit on the way out. And it's obviously it's a bit more than that, but it's not a lot more than that. And the amount of people who are elite athletes who after their career fall into a level of depression, the percentage is very high because they get their entire identity through I am, not like, this is who I am and that's my job. No, my job is who I am. It's my identity, it's my brand. It's what makes me popular, it's what gives me attention. It's why they chased me in the first place, it's why I get all this money. And then that gets ripped away from you. And I think that, you know, kind of surviving and thriving beyond elite sport. That's that's an interesting conversation as well.
Speaker 2: Well. It's you see how life is hard as it is. Throw on all of those, yeah, external pressures and then even the internal pressure on yourself. Yep, yeah, I mean it's quite Yeah.
Speaker 1: Think about how many AFL footballers who have probably kicked a ball I don't know, one hundred thousand times in their life, at least tens and tens of thousands of times. How many AFL players Last weekend I saw a guy I can't remember fifteen meters out. So here's the guy. He's fifteen meters in front of goal right now, if you were standing thirty meters away, H'd kick it to you and hit you on the chest, right, Yeah, H'd kick it to you, hit you on the chest. Now, he's fifteen meters away from a goal square which is I think six meters wide, and he can't even hit that. Well, that's not lack of skill, that's nerves, that's anxiety. That's fucking I can't perform under pressure.
Speaker 2: Are you talking about the Melbourne Football Club? Because that's who I go for and they cannot kick. So I think you were you watching.
Speaker 1: It would have been I didn't. I didn't watch any of the games, but I just saw a grab on the news where there was like a dude, like you know I mean, and no, no, I'm not trying to throw any shade. And because I'm not saying he's not talented or brilliant or skilled, I'm not saying that that at all. What I'm saying is from a psychology point of view. So you know, the dude who's doing a PhD in psychology and there is also an excise scientist. I'm mesmerized by professional footballers who can't hit a target straight in front of them that's six meters wide. Now that's that's that's all about what's going on in your head? Yeah, you know, this is why win he psychologists.
Speaker 2: I think I'll ask you this is a question. Do you think that these people who are uber talented or skilled and have that mindset that they're just trying to build themselves up to be number one, that the culture holds them up on a pedestal, holds them up as sort of these glorified figures, when in reality, most people I think would probably if they could understand what the future looks like, you know, the trajectory of these people, most people would probably agree that it's more not comfortable, but just someone who just lives a good life, as you know, is it seat of striving for that level of success would actually probably be a better route to go. But in culture, we see people you look at the Telly Itt doll driven by media, and oh, look at the metric of success that person has, because that's we have a feeling when we see those people, you think, oh god, that would be cool to be like that.
Speaker 1: One dred percent. I'm just this is this is bad to do on a podcast. But I'm just looking up now Bailey Smith, who you know who is at the Dogs and now he's at he of course is at jee Long Geelong. I'm just bringing him up. That's the wrong one. Wow, there we go. So he's got three hundred and seventy three thousand follows, right, I thought he'd have more. But anyway, you know, and I think about him. So he's good looking, he's jacked, he's young, he's talented. He seems to be quite charismatic, charming and likable. I'm sure some of the opposition fans fucking hate him right as fans do. Yeah, but I think it depends a little on the person and the personality and their DNA. It's like, put you or me in front of a room talking to a bunch of people, where excited you put another person up, they can't breathe, you know, they're terrified. Like for me, and obviously there's been a bit of training that's gone in there. But for me talking to a group of people, I feel like I'm in my natural habitat, doing my natural thing and I can regulate, manage my nerves and my nervous system and my breathing and my focus and my you know, my mind. I can do that really well in front of a thousand people, like no drama. But you know, some they are very some very talented, skilled athletes with great inherent natural ability who can't perform under pressure, not because their body is not good or not because their skill is not there, but because they just can't manage their mind, which in turn means they can't manage their nervous system, adrenaline, cortisol, you know. So they get themselves in their stress states, so they're ten out of ten, skill becomes a three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, the how do you think? So there's people who grow up and they are on a bus and they're thinking, are this is sort of what I'm going to be doing this is my This becomes a bit of a why or you believe that you are the next sportsperson. So you enter into a life, it gives you the purpose for a lot of it. But the reality is that most people struggle with that sense of purpose and where to place it or how to even discover it. What do you think's missing for individuals that have that challenge?
Speaker 1: That's a great question. Purpose is a really interesting conversation because, and again I'm generalizing here, but this is my experience, is that a lot of people think, like when we talk about purpose, we kind of infer that humans have a purpose one I'm like, who said, who said? Who said that Craig Harper has one purpose? I think not only do we maybe have many purposes over the course of our lifetime. That what is you know, what was my purpose when I was twenty five might not be my purpose when I'm sixty, and I think that it can be. You know, when I'm with my mum and dad, my purpose is to be present, to love them, to look after them, to you know, I have a real clear purpose in terms of my role in the family. I have a real clear purpose in terms of with my friends, and with people who need who need me and support. I have another purpose in terms of my career. I have another purpose in terms of you know, health and wellness, like I think. I think having a body that for the most part works is a gift, and I think I have a responsibility to look after this gift. I mean, some people are born with a body that doesn't work properly. Some people, you know, get cancer when they're twenty. Some people are and I think, so there's all of that stuff, But I think a quick way to figure out what your purpose is, or to get closer towards understanding what your purpose might be, is to define your values and think about, well, what are what are my values? And my values are just the stuff that matters to me the most, and it doesn't have to be something profound like people think, oh, you know, my values are serving humanity and you know, leaving the world a better It doesn't worry it. Maybe, but it doesn't have to be that. Maybe your purpose is to be a great dad the end, and what a fuck an awesome purpose, because there are so many shit dads and so many kids who have so many shit childhoods because of their violent, aggressive, unaware sociopathic, narcissistic, unloving father. Well, imagine if you were the opposite of that for your kids. And I know your purpose is bigger than just that, but I reckon for you, your purpose has got to be that's got to be near the top of the list. Yeah, yeah, you know, being an amazing parent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love that. And because I think it's quite easy, and I'm talking about myself here looking at other people's purposes and thinking fuck, that's awesome, like and then downplaying or not allowing myself to, you know, sit in a purpose that might be not as grandiose as some people out there, Like you're saying.
Speaker 1: I think the irony is that your purpose isn't about you.
Speaker 2: Who's it about?
Speaker 1: It's about others. My purpose is not to make my life great for me. Now that's not to say I don't want to look after my health or have fun or have great friendships. But I don't think my overwhelming reason to be on the earth. And who knows if it's predetermined or me determined, right, but let's just go with me determined and maybe a bit of pre who knows. I don't think my purpose is for me to be perpetually happy. I don't think that's my purpose. I think I'm going to be sad. I'm going to be lonely, I'm going to be disconnected. I'm going to suffer, I'm going to be in pain, and I'm going to have good days and there's going to be joy, and there's going to be love and kindness and connection, and there's going to be misery and there's going to be laughter. And that's it. That's the human experience. And I think in the middle of all of that, I want to be as well as a podcaster, I want to be as relatable and real so that people don't think this is some kind of thinly disguised fucking sales pitch for Craig's program or something. Do you know what I mean? It's like, no, don't come to my shit, come to my ship, don't come to my ship. Buy a book, don't buy a book, spend all the money, spend no money. It's like, I love you the same. It makes no difference to me commercially maybe, but in terms of me at just the human like I would. You know, it doesn't even occur to me when someone bumps into me and goes I listen to the show. I love it. They fully have my attention and appreciation for listening to the show. Yeah, I don't go. Have you bought anything? You know? Have you been into a workshop? Have you come on a camp? Have you you know? Have you bought the online program? Have you have you heard my audio program? Have you read any of my books? I never It wouldn't even cross my mind to open that door, because it doesn't it's not that important to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I mean you see people doing that, and you know the feeling it gives you. And I think there's a lot online and I'm quite surprised. But maybe it's like I see through the veil a bit because I work in creating videos, podcast all that kind of stuff. It's like I can see the bullshit a bit more. You can see someone's intentions around something. But then again, some people that are like that are bringing great value. Of course, like Tony Robbins is probably a good example. He's beats the drama and I I roll at some of the ads he does. Now I still think, oh, you still banging on about getting a thousand people, three thousand people to one workshop. But he's bringing value and so you can have your life change by the big Man, either him or Jesus, whatever it is, you know, whatever floats your boat.
Speaker 1: Jesus are much more cost effective and.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, he won't make you walk on your cold.
Speaker 1: Church not so much. Well yeah, but also it's like, here's the thing with church, or with Tony Robins, or with anyone. It's like, well, you don't have to go, so if you don't like them, it don't go. It's like when people hate my podcast, I'm like, cool, no drama at all. Don't listen. There's the easiest solution ever is don't listen. And if you don't like me, why do you follow me? Why do you read all of my shit to tell me how fucking horrendous I am. Here's an idea, don't And it's okay. And by the way, you're probably right sometimes and yep, not the best human all the time, probably any of the time. I'm not the best human, but I'm you know, with all of that stuff, I get it. I go, Wow, what a way to invest your energy is to channel it towards this person that apparently you hate. But I think that, you know, back to two minutes ago, I don't think being of service and value and being empathetic and wanting to help the world, and all of those things needs to be exclusive to making a shitload of money in a career. Yeah, you know, it's like you you can go become the big deal movie producer and sell your docos for five million to Netflix or ten million or whatever you're going to do, and still be the awesome dad and still be the guy who goes to church on the weekend, and still be the great husband, and still still be the person that people love to hang out with because you're just you. I mean, you don't need to become anything. And they're like I think sometimes people think when I talk this way, I'm against commercialism and making bucks. And no, fuck no, make all the money you want. But one, don't bullshit people, right, And don't pretend you've got fucking answers when you don't have answers, And don't tell anyone that you're the missing piece to their jigsaw puzzle. All that shit I hate. But if you've got thoughts and ideas and strategies and philosophies and skills and a product and service that might be of service to people, knock yourself out. Yeah, you know, don't be disingenuous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you see, it really shines when you meet somebody who you know quite is successful and they might have a lot, you know, a few of those things aligned money, whatever, looks or whatever, and they're also just an awesome person and they seem so kind and there's no motivation behind them. And I'm not describing you because I'll be saying, really, you know, musty as well. They it's amazing. You're like, who is that enlightened being? Just like, she's so kind and she's also all those other things. It's very annoying. I mean it makes you feel like, wow, you can actually some people are you know, as you hear about people meeting a celebrity that's actually nice, it's like people are blown away by that because it doesn't mean that it comes with it.
Speaker 1: And think about the people that you really, really really admire. I think most of the time we don't admire their dough. We admire just what they're like, who they are, how they are with people. Yeah, hey, before we wind up, Yeah, man, I've been mentioning Jesus a bit lately. Are you going to church? Is there anything that you want to hear just between you me and the listeners. Have you opened the the God? Have you just put your toe through the God door a little bit? Are you just peeking around?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Just a little christ curious.
Speaker 1: And because I know that your lovely wife Amy has got a churchy background. So were you guys just done it to know where? Or but are you sticking your nose in church every now and then or.
Speaker 2: Just having a little sniff in there, Craig to see what it's all about. It's funny, you know, like you think about you think about someone giving like a glowing recommendation for something, and how many times like I've recommended a podcast or this book or whatever, and the other person's just like, huh what, yeah, okay, yeah that sounds cool, Like there's slightly interested, but there's no alignment to sort of some feeling and I can't understand. I can't explain, And like it's pretty special to have some alignment with somebody who gives you some recommendation that it ali like that is exactly how you're feeling or thinking at the same time. And so but what I but where I bring this back to is just like if you have an interest in so church for whatever, most people you talk to will have no interest ever in going to that, but that's cool. Who gives a crap, It's up to them. And so when you find, like, for me, I feel interested in something that I have zero understanding of, that's you may as well just look into it. So that's a long way around saying yeah, looking into it.
Speaker 1: It's good. That's good mate, Well keeps up dated. And you know, it's I think just being whatever, you know, open minded. I'm not saying gullible, but being open minded and willing to learn and willing to open doors and have conversations and and expose yourself to different thoughts and ideas and people and culture and mind mind set and theology or philosophy or I think it's I think it's a really important to the part of the human experience.
Speaker 2: And well, I read all your books and then I thought I need something a bit more juicy to look into. In the Bibles, interesting, the.
Speaker 1: Old Testament's a little heavy at time, so yeah, so steady on, but you know, and the last book of the New Testament Revelations a little cryptic.
Speaker 2: So yeah, but the final ones pull your finger out, isn't it. That's that's your book.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the that's the post Bible. Oh my goodness, I'm my goodness, Tom. How can people connect with you? And where do you live? What's your home address? And what's your what's your cell phone?
Speaker 2: As the Americans say, yeah, my numbers two, one, four, six.
Speaker 1: Three as five five five?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah five five five. No, you can just search the Instagram, YouTube, Tommy Jacket, or my business. Tell me at vidpod dot com. Did I use my email? Go old school? I mean that's old school. You can send me a letter. Actually, we will send it to your house. What's your address, Craig, It's.
Speaker 1: Number seventy four Jumbo Lane. Oh yeah, it's right on the front, Fatty Harps Jumbo Lane, number seven four, level three. Now, if people want to are you still working with companies that want videos produced? And like, are you taking on new people or are you just booked out?
Speaker 2: I'm pretty booked, but I'm always open through conversation. That's how most of it starts, all right.
Speaker 1: So if you've got heaps of cash and.
Speaker 2: If you want to make great videos or podcasts, let me know. I put it that way.
Speaker 1: Oh mate, appreciate
Speaker 2: You, thanks mate, love you, see ya, love yall