Speaker 1: On scoring Lis Oscodia. This is the Reader Panehy Show.
Speaker 2: Good evening, Anne, Welcome to the readA Panehy Show. Coming up tonight, your gas bill is about to jump up further. We'll look at why a magistrate causes outrage by asking a violent criminal she was sentencing to perform a Welcome to country. Nick Kata will join you shortly to discuss that. Also on the program tonight, we have the A team Josh Hammer, Kosher Geta and later in the hour Kinsey Schofield. We'll explain why celebrity endorsements are hurting not helping the Harris Wall's team and Left is losing It features the Leader of the Free World, Remember him, He's still the President. Joe Biden's moved on from putting his foot in his mouth to putting a baby's foot in his mouth. Oh dear, but first, an eighteen month legal challenge brought by the Victorian Premier's office to keep a single phrase secret has failed, and he has now been revealed that Victorians who are skeptical of the state government straconian COVID restrictions were called pig headed no at Alls by the Department of Premier and The cabinet email was originally released under freedom of information laws last year, but the Premier's office redacted that insult, claiming that it should be kept secret as its release would be contrary to the public interest. I bet the email containing the insult was sent during the pandemic on April sixth, twenty twenty two to former Premier Daniel Andrews taxpayer funded political strategy firm q DOS Research. Joining me now is a senior fellow at the Menzies Research Center and columnists with the Australian newspaper, Nick Kita. Nick, is anyone some rise that government bureaucrats were disparaging Victoria's Victorians in this manner, that they treated the entire state like mushrooms throughout the COVID.
Speaker 3: Era, Yeah, portrays their absolute contempt for ordinary people. You know, most people are capable of making sensible decisions given the right information. They don't have to be told instructive what to do. Pick headed, No, it alls takes one to no one, doesn't it. Reader, And I think there were a lot of pig headed nodles that were actually running this whole health campaign. They were the ones who told us. You remember in the early days that we could catch COVID from door handles. They were the ones who said, don't catch peaceaball it comes hurtling into the crowd. Yeah, exactly, football that. They were the ones who said, oh, yes, this has been spread by the pangolin. It couldn't possibly have been invented in a lab, and so on and so on. You know, if they'd have got things right every step of the way, well we might be listening to them. But the fact is that the picktic nodles out there in the community generally got it much much brighter or much more more correct than the bureaucrats and the politicians sitting isolated in their ivory towers.
Speaker 2: So many of their instructions were ridiculous on the face of it. He didn't have to be an infectious disease expert to know that telling people to go indoors when there is a virus circulating as opposed to being outdoors in the fresh air was crazy advice, telling people to wear masks outdoors, all sorts of instructions that just seemed to defy logic. But Victoria's former chief health officer, Bret Sutton, remember him. He served as Dad Andrew's right hand man essentially during the pandemic. He has refused to admit that the restrictions imposed on Victorians were too extreme to draconian, saying that it should have just been communicated better.
Speaker 4: Nick.
Speaker 2: That was the problem. It was the communication problem, not a policy problem. I'm not sure how it can be so utterly clueless about how wrong he and the Victorian government gott it.
Speaker 1: Nick.
Speaker 2: It was a disaster on every measurement.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a curfew was put in place for the absolutely needless reasons. So they should have just communicated that curfew better. You know, people were arrested for stepping off the outside the boundaries of their property to put the binner out. I remember, so what they just communicated that bessage wrongly. No, they got it utterly and completely wrong from starting to finish. And actually Brett Sutton said one thing he said was that he felt that people's trust in health officials had diminished. And he spot on there. And this is the trouble. When you come up with these author authoritarian rules, you don't listen to people, you don't give them the benefit of saying, well, you're intelligent, we'll give you the information you make your own choices. Then, of course, of course trust in public health officials diminished. So this would be one legacy if we know, God forbid we get another of these pandemics. But if we do, people will be trusting the officials a whole lot less because of the pig headedness, the pig headed know it all to run it last time.
Speaker 2: Well, I do wonder about that, because as we are trying to hold the bureaucrats responsible, the politicians responsible for the many, many mistakes, we've got to acknowledge the media was a big part of this problem. The hysteria, the scare mongering from the media was absolutely out of control and the population, overwhelming majority of the population was on board with these restrictions. I know that well because I was one of the very few in the media and as a Victorian who was against it, and you knew you were in the mind at that point, and it felt very, very strange because I think most of us who are not crazy lefties in the media, we normally know where outsiders in the media, but when it comes to the majority of Australians, we're very much in the mainstream. But on this issue, my goodness, I was certainly in the minority. Now I've gotten more good news for Victorians. They can look forward to extra charges of around one hundred and forty dollars on their gas bills. OSNET, which services six hundred and eighty thousand customers in Victoria, wants to hike network access fees to account for the Victorian labor government's ban on new household gas connections. OSNET says the ban means that its gas network must inevitably sees growing and start declining in size due to the energy source being essentially outlawed in this state. Nick, we are paying exorbitant amounts for gas in Victoria despite sitting on hundreds of years of reserves.
Speaker 3: Exactly, and we opened up those reserves in Victoria's you know, we've spoken about this before. The price of gas would come down and there would be no threat of a shortage. There is gas there. We have some of the best gas reserves in the world. You know, we are i think now now the third or fourth largest exporter of natural gas, but we can't find enough for the people of Victoria, who are used more gas than anybody else. By the way, where it's more heavy use of gas in Victoria and now, as if the price of energy wasn't enough, as if it wasn't punishing households enough, they're now finding another reason to put up the price of a basic energy supply at this time, gas not electricity. You know, this is just punishing for ordinary people, as you know, I mean, people on large incomes hardly notice this. But if you're on a low income, you've got to heat your home, you've got to do your cooking, you've got to power the place. It hurts a lot.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely. Now let's talk about Broken Hill, home to nineteen thousand residents. It's continuing to experience rolling blackouts for the better part of a week since a storm brought down the transmission line connecting the town to the East Coast grid, even though the town is connected to enough renewable energy to supposedly power one hundred and seventeen thousand homes via the Silverton wind Farm and Broken Hills solar plant. These two renewable energy plants are backed by agl's big battery facility at Pinnacle's Place. It's one of the largest in Australia. Nick, is this a little preview of what we can expect if we've become dependent on renewables and battery backup.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So Broken Hill, they're connected by long piece of wire to the rest of the grid, so they're always vulnerable, right, especially if we're going to get these free weather events we're told to expect more of. So when the power lines did come down and they were disconnected with the grid, no problem in theory, because they've been told that they would have this little micro grid, you know, renewable energy, wind, battery, solar would just keep the place alive any event, None of it happened. The wind and the solar were offline because the transmission lines had come down, so that was absolutely useless. The battery was useless for about the first eight or nine days, and then when they did get it up and running, they had to charge it up with diesel. And still they've had rolling blackouts in Broken Hill. So I think were this shows if you can't keep a town like Broken Hill nineteen thousand people properly equipped with power using renewable sources alone, what hope for the rest of the country reta, which is the way it was be going with Bowen. You know, we're all going to be in Broken Hills situation. Pretty soon the whole thing comes crashing down. You need baslow power, that's it. And most of Broken Hill at moments being powered by diesel. They've even told people to turn off their solar panels on the roof because they're playing havoc with the diesel generator. So you know, this is when push comes to shop. The whole dream, the whole fantasy of renewable energy just comes crashing down. And it's of course serious if you're running a butcher's shop or something and you lose stop because of this.
Speaker 2: This is the disaster for every every household in absolutely unless you've got a generator in Broken Hill, everything in your free freezer is gone, and I don't know how you're getting by over that long, lengthy period without reliable energy. Before you go, I'm going to just quickly ask you about Judge Penelope Wass of the Tari District Court in Regional New South Wales. She invited an indigenous teen to give a welcome to country before being sentenced for multiple break and enters, two of which involved a ninety two year old woman and one involving an eighty eight year old woman who was also sexually touched during the robbery. The team pled guilty to all the charges and was released on parole given time already served by the judge who sentenced the teen as a child rather than an adult, and she reported also said he was welcome to perform the ceremony again, the welcome to country again in any court. She presided over. Nick, I'm lost for words.
Speaker 3: They should have they should have said, you welcomed your new prison cell and here's your new cell mate. That's the only welcome he should have been given.
Speaker 2: It's just incredible, incredible. We do not want to have a two justice system in this country. Nikata, thanks for your time this evening.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Joining me now is Newsweek's senior editor in chief and Article three Projects senior Council Josh Hammer. Josh, let's start with the media gas lighting we've seen over the past twenty four hours after President Joe Biden called half the country garbage. It's on tape. It's clear what he said. Only garbage I see flowed down there is his supporters, but many in the media happy to accept the official White House explanation instead of believing their lying eyes and ears.
Speaker 7: Just to clarify, he was not calling Trump supporters garbage.
Speaker 8: The President wanted to clarify because he understood that what he.
Speaker 9: May have said was he understood that what he was saying was to be.
Speaker 2: Taken out of contacts Josh, he said it. He may regret saying it. Certainly Kamala Harris regrets him saying it, but that requires an apology, not gas lighting the.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean, let's talk a little bit about taking things out of context while we're on the top at Kreine Jean Pierre Shaley. I mean, how about this notion that Donald Trump was calling for an American blood bath on day one and office come January twenty twenty five, as opposed to what he was actually talking about, which they blood bath for Detroit and the American auto industry of Kamala Harris's EVY mandates go into place. You want to talk about context Green, Jean Pierre, how about Charlottesville, Virginia, the whole fine people on both sides, Folks about the tiki torch, neo Nazi losers, the little dweaves there. Donald Trump did not say that that was totally taken out of context one thousand percent. Look, we just saw the clip. The viewers here just saw the clip Joe Biden called half of America garbage.
Speaker 4: This is actually worse.
Speaker 10: This is considerably worse, in my opinion than the infamous Hillary Clinton basket of deplorables gaff from eight years ago. I mean, this is a Freudian slip, frankly, if there ever were one. This is what they think of us. They have said it over and over and over again. Joe Biden had a reprehensible speech over our holiday labor Dight weekend in September twenty twenty two. The speech that had dare I say the naziesque red lighting in the background at Independence Hall in Philadelphia, blanked by US mareens at both sides, saying that MAGA is an existential threat there they think that we are of the threat, not just Donald Trump, all of us and what I've been calling in my supporters over these past twenty four hours to do, read my audience, whatnot there is to get out there with your vote this Tuesday, November fifth, and prove to them that you are not garbage, rather that you and I and all of us are the actual ones who control our own destiny in this still free United States.
Speaker 2: Well, we've got Donald Trump using this saga to create more iconic moments. He was taking the garbage jat not the American people, the Democrat administration. There he is. He said this at a rally in Wisconsin today.
Speaker 6: I have to begin by saying, two hundred and fifty million Americans are not garbage.
Speaker 2: I thought we had the last of the iconic moments in this campaign with that McDonald's episode, but now we've got another one. You put this together with the assassination attempt, what he did after that, getting up with the American flag behind him. This campaign is unlike anything we've ever seen.
Speaker 10: This whole presidential cycle is unlike anything we've ever seen. I mean, I mean, for god knows how many reasons. I mean, the Democrats pulled their horse mid rates. I mean they pulled a coup right in front of her eyes, swapping out Joe Biden for Kamala Harris, the garbage thing in particular, Donald Trump doing this utter brilliant.
Speaker 4: I mean, this is just pure showmanship.
Speaker 10: This is why Donald Trump, rita at this point, is not just a political figure. He is a simple He is a tribute to the people. He is a cultural icon. He frankly has been a cultural icon in many ways, especially in New York City circles for forty fifty years now, I mean for a very long time. That's part of the reason why he was so politically successful in the first place. But he has a knack for showmanship. The guy was the host of The Apprentice. He knows how to put on a show for the audience. And most important above all, as I wrote in my column after the McDonald's photo off which you mentioned there, Donald Trump's instincts, his sensibilities, his concerns, his values are not with his fellow billionaires for a long time now. They have always been with the working people of America. He was actually always a skeptic of globalism, going back to the nineteen nineties. He was a supporter of ross Puro's Reform Party at a time when their skepticism of things like NATA was deeply, deeply unpopular with his fellow ultra millionaires and billionaires in New York City. His sympathies, his sentiments, his sensibilities have always always been with the forgotten man in America. And ultimately read it, I think it is things like this, and it's things like McDonald's, things like that iconic image Pennsylvania that are ultimately going to carry him to a victory this Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Now, Josh, We've always known this, but here is confirmation that the FBI knew Hunter Biden's laptop was real, it wasn't Russian disinformation, and the IRS whistleblowers who have come forward, Gary Shapeley and Joseph Ziegler, have told veteran journalists Catherine Hedridge in an interview that the IRS, FBI, and the Department of Justice knew the laptop was not Russian disinformation and they were banned from investigating it before the twenty twenty election. Here's just some of that interview. There was no question in your mind the big guy was Joe Biden.
Speaker 1: We corroborated the big guy of s Joe Bonius.
Speaker 11: We knew that the laptop was real. Doj knew that the laptop was real.
Speaker 9: FBI knew the laptop was real.
Speaker 11: There were a lot of over investigative steps that we were not allowed to take because we had an upcoming election.
Speaker 12: When we were doing the interviews, the prosecutors specifically told us that they didn't want to ask about the big guy because they knew it was Joe Biden.
Speaker 2: Just incredible to have these bodies, the IRS, Department of Justice, the FBI. We saw those former intelligence chiefs coming out before the twenty twenty election and saying, this laptop, the contents of it are Russian disinformation. This is election interference, Josh, I can't see it in any other way. They knew how damaging this was for the Biden camp, and they tried to bury it, and they succeeded in burying it and discrediting it completely.
Speaker 10: No, they absolutely succeeded, frankly, in doing all the above. I mean, the way that they took it down from social media was definitely a de facto ban, if nothing else there. So look what happened with the Hunter Biden New York Post story back in October of twenty twenty is you have the Biden campaign basically immediately get on the phone with the FBI, get the phone with Jack Dorsey, who at that time was leading Twitter with Mark Zuckerberg over at Facebook Meta whatever we're calling it these days there, and they immediately were able to get these fifty one deep state spooks, people like Brennan and Clapper and all the rest of those folks, to put out this letter saying that it was rushing disinformation. But here is a very important factory that a lot of people don't know or don't remember. When it comes to that fifty one deep State spook letter that came out within twenty four to forty eight hours. Do you know who the Biden campaign staffer was who was responsible for orchestrating that entire operation. It was a foreign policy staffer by the name of Anthony Blincoln, who happens to be the current US Secretary of statean Now, last I checked there, So I mean, this whole thing has always just stunk from top to bottom. Of course, we knew, of course, we knew that the laptop was actually legitimate. We knew it because there was just ample empirical evidence available to anyone.
Speaker 4: Who cares to look at that time.
Speaker 10: The worst thing about this, in my opinion, is that there have never been any consequences for it. Rather, what happened was two years three years later, in twenty two, twenty twenty three, you saw albuts like the New York Times CBS News that somewhere like eight to nine paragraphs into a story. This is what CBS News did. They casually drop the paragraph deep in the weeds of his lengthy article, saying, oh, by the way, the laptop at this point has been acknowledged to be real, no kidding. The federal prosecutors actually invoked it at Hunter Biden's gun trial in Delaware this summer.
Speaker 4: They used it as evidence.
Speaker 10: So not only is it not disinformation, now it's evidence for the for the federal government.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's just so crazy.
Speaker 10: Unfortunately, but you know here in America, whether it comes to the laptop, whether it comes to COVID nineteen, the Wuhan lab. Unfortunately, just the people that really really really messed up, we have to get used to fat that there are not going to be repercussions.
Speaker 2: Unfortunate, And just a little bit more on that saga, a report by the House Judiciary Cantee It's a subcommittee, revealed that the FBI misled social media giants and how willing the social media giants were to be misled. The likes of Facebook and Twitter at the time, they were quite happy to censor their users, including The New York Post, which had its accounts suspended and Josh. Facebook executives even discussed making decisions about censorship to curry favor with what they assumed would be then coming Biden Harris administration. They thought there was going to be a change at the White House, and they wanted to be in the good books.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you know, unfortunately all of this confirms what many of us immediately suspected at that time. So just to put a little more context on this, because this was a shocking story when it happened, you know, hence we're still talking about it now four years later. So this habit of memory serves is right around October fifteenth. October sixteen, there was about two and a half weeks before the twenty twenty presidential election. The New York Post has this bombshell store. The New York Post, which last I checked was America's fourth largest newspaper in circulation, was literally founded by Alexander Hamilton, one of our great family fathers that.
Speaker 4: Has a very rich heritage here. So they put out this story.
Speaker 10: They were literally Twitter immediately banned you from posting it or privately sharing it in your DMS, in your private messages. Facebook heavily, they heavily suppressed it. If you posted it, it would essentially be algorithmically put way way way down in your social media fees. There and yeah, of course they were doing it to curry favor. But one of the most abominable parts of this and the reason why it is so relevant, is because a rather high percentage of Americans, or at least a non negligible a serious percentage of Americans at that time told pollsters that if they had known the full details of this story, they actually would have changed their vote from Hillary Clinton to Donald Trump. The data that I saw. The data that I saw was that I think was sixteen percent. Sixteen percent of Hillary Clinton voters, when subsequently informed about this story, said oh wow, I by none that it would have over Trump. That probably would have till the election. Reader, And that is why many of us continue to say that, yeah, sorry.
Speaker 2: Yes, absolutely, it was a significant percentage who said it would have changed their vote. And when we talk about election interference, that's why we say what happened with that story, that bombshell story is a clear case of election interference. Josh, do you see any examples of election interference in the current campaign or are we gonna not know about it for a couple of years. Do we normally find out when it's too late? I would argue the media trying to rebat brand Kamala Harris before our eyes. That you could characterize that as election interference.
Speaker 4: You definitely could, in my opinion.
Speaker 10: The most blatant election interference, though, is the lawfairs, the criminal prosecutions that we are currently seeing against Donald Trump is unpresented attempt to incarcerate your political enemy, former ever House future president of the United States. I mean everything that we have seen here. I mean Jack Smith, who is the DOJ's alleged special council. I say allegedly because he's actually been held to not be ablegitimate special council, but the alleged special council who was prosecuting Donald Trump in both Florida and Washington d C. Read Over the past few weeks, he has been fighting like a madman in Judge Tanya Chukin's Washington DC core room to make sure that his new one hundred and sixty five page January sixth related brief gets out there publicly, which he successfully did. It is out there. It was kind of a nothing burger, actually, in a bit of a letdown. But the reason the reason that he wanted that brief to get out there is because that's their election pitch, their election pitch on the ballots is that Trump is a fascist, Nazi, Mussolini, stallin whatever, and that January sixth was like the worst day in deocracy since.
Speaker 4: Pearl Harbor War of eighteen twelve. I don't even know there, you know.
Speaker 10: And they have so little ability to actually think about what's going on here that they don't realize. I don't think that what Jacksmith is doing with the law fare well, the Democrats are doing is in direct violation of the Department of Justice's own Internal Justice Manual. There's a provision, it's I believe it's eighty eighty five h nine point five hundred. Do I have the number of correpty there that specifically says that on the eve of any kind of election, if there is even the perceived public effect, the perceived public effect of a prosecutorial decision putting a thumb on the scale or told the election, a prosecutor shall stand down and shall not do anything. That was actually one of the reasons that Jim Comey back in twenty sixteen said that he would not recommend charges to Hillary Clinton. But apparently what's good for the goose back then is no longer good for the gander when the gander has the identity of Donald.
Speaker 2: Trump bad doing everything they can and they're getting increasingly this disc for it because the polls have shifted, particularly in those crucial swing states. And just a ten second answer, if I could Kamala Harris, should she do Joe Rogan? It looks like she's not going to meet his requirements because he wants her in the studio three hours, just like Donald Trump did, and it looks like Jade Vance might take the spot.
Speaker 10: Honestly, I do not think Kamal Harris should do Joe Rogan. I mean, I cannot imagine her talking for three hours reader. That seems like a total disaster in the making. If I were her, I would frankly probably skip it. I mean morally, morally is the correct thing to do. He's got a massive platform, but for her own sake politically, no one wants to see.
Speaker 4: Her get these words salads for three hours. We really none wants to see that.
Speaker 2: Josh Hamma, thanks for your time this evening. Thank you, rider still to come. Lefty is losing it. Plus Kosha Gator joins me, and we'll look at one of the creepier political ads you've ever seen. Welcome back. Now it's time for left his losing it and fresh from calling half the country human garbage and then pretending he never said it, the leader of the Free World, President Joe Biden, went back to doing what he does best, sniffing babies and biting babies. Now too, he's gone from putting his foot in his mouth to putting baby feet in his mouth. He's putting the whole thing in his mouth multiple times. My gosh, and he wasn't done yet. He spotted another baby. Oh, there you go. He's back to sniffing them, back to doing what is most comfortable with, totally normal behavior. Meanwhile, the Veep, the woman who wants to be leader of the free world, is out there viewing the most outrageous lies. Here she is in Pennsylvania earlier today.
Speaker 7: And look, Donald Trump's not done. He would ban abortion nationwide, yes, even here in Pennsylvania.
Speaker 4: If he were successful.
Speaker 7: He would restrict access to birth control, put IVF treatments at risk, and force states to monitor women's pregnancies.
Speaker 2: Lies. Lies, lies, lies, lies, and she lies with the comfort of knowing the bulk of the media will let her get away with it. Meanwhile, Trump is turning Biden's comments and the democrats hysteria into another iconic campaign moment.
Speaker 6: How do you like my garbage shuck? This truck is an ardor of Kamala and Joe Baden.
Speaker 2: He then answered questions from the truck press conference more robust press conference than Kamala faces. And then he said this to a rally at Wisconsin today.
Speaker 6: Two hundred and fifty million Americans are not garbage.
Speaker 2: Let's do more lefties losing it with my next guest guy News contributor Kosher Gator. Kosher. Let's have a look at some of the absurd lengths the media has gone to in order to excuse or try to cover up Joe Biden's comments calling half the country garbage. Here is CNN blaming a stutter.
Speaker 12: Joe Biden has never been a big arena speaker. He's never been the most fluid speaker.
Speaker 1: And by the way, as.
Speaker 12: Someone who had a starter growing up, it's very obvious to me there's an apostrophe at the end of supporters there. He was referring to be garbage viewed by supporters, not simply the supporters themselves.
Speaker 2: It was a stutter. He's not good with words. Really, and not to be outdone, we had this from the Ladies of the View. Here is Whoopy Goldberg, who seems to be in a permanent state of hysteria nowadays.
Speaker 13: Understand why all the pearl clutching over Biden's statement, Why they all have a problem with what Biden said, when what this other guy has said?
Speaker 2: D vance, No, I'm.
Speaker 10: Going to the comedian.
Speaker 4: No, no, I'm going to.
Speaker 6: Make a garbage can. You know, it's the first time I've ever said that we're like a garbage can, were like a garbage can. It's like we're a giant garbage can.
Speaker 13: Yeah, he's talking about country, the country, the entire garbageulation.
Speaker 2: He's talking about the country, the entire population. That's what they claim in Kosher. Wasn't he talking about the fact that unchecked illegal immigration is saying thousands of criminals flood the country and treat the country like a garbage can. Isn't that kind of a fairly important context?
Speaker 14: Add there absolutely, But honestly, with the Ladies of the View, I don't know if he genuinely understood that or don't understand it, But then American people understand it. This is why immigration is a top two issue, and everybody sees the numbers, everybody sees the very tragic, sad anecdotes, and everybody knows what it means. The mental gymnastics that they and the other guy on CNN are going through to try and describe this is really it's funny, I think because of what happened forty eight hours before, where they were making a big deal out of trash and then literally the cold has.
Speaker 2: Come out and disowned it. Now now I think realized, no, a bount of media cover is going to limit damage, so she's distanced herself. Is Joe Biden doing this on purpose? Is he trying to hurt the Harris camp? This is a question.
Speaker 14: Who knows what's in his mind? You know, it could be sabotage, It could be letting the masks slip, which is what the other side is making hay of. You know, we started with the basket of deplorables, which was an inflection point in Hillary's campaign, to fascists and garbage, and maybe there is some real belief there as well.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 2: This is what I just don't understand. Anybody could question that this is how democrats and the left see Republicans see Trump supporters, because we just heard days of them characterizing people who attended the rallied Madison Square Guarden as being fascist, being supporting some sort of a Nazi rally. So if you think people are Nazis and fascists and white supremacist, well of course you think they're garbage if that's for your worldview. And I think this is why they're having such trouble hiding this or trying to spin it.
Speaker 14: They put themselves in a box because they want to say that he's hilarian and fascist, but then simultaneously say his supporters aren't. I think Brett Behar had asked Kamlas specifically, like, oh, why are millions tens of millions of people supporting him? Do you think they're stupid? And she didn't take that beach. She said no, no, I would never say that about American people. And now she's in a box where she has to admit it.
Speaker 2: Now the mainstream meter in the US maybe waking up to reality. An anonymous TV exec has told The New York magazine that and I quote, if half the country has decided that Trump is qualified to be president, that means they're not reading any of this media and we've lost this audience completely. A Trump victory means mainstream media is dead in its current form. Now, this was actually kosher part of a piece that was lamenting the leftist media's declining influence in American politics. It was a pretty terrible piece, if you asked me, but that bit of insight was very good indeed, and it's accurate because people have lost faith in the media, and there's a surveys that show that trust in the media in the US is that historic low. Is only one in ten Republicans have any faith in the mainstream media, and a really tiny number less than three in ten independents. And I think that's what's really hurting the Democrats.
Speaker 14: Yes, the surveys that there, I think is lower than Congress. There are approval reading people talk about Whiche's something he is right and that inside but it came so late, like two decades so late for him to say that, and he has to hide behind anonymity, so he's whoever this person is. I kind of feel bad for the guy that he can't come out and put his name on it. I think there's a little bit of a preference cascade happening in this election with people who never would have openly supported Trump, high profile people doing so. And when we saw Jeff Bezos and the Washington Post come out and do that, and the LA Times and USA today, it's giving permission, maybe anonymously to some of them, but it's giving him permission to come and face the music, because he's right. You can't really run a business if half the country is completely against what you're selling.
Speaker 2: At least half the country. But the realization seems to be fairly shallow because they just realize we have a problem. They don't understand why they don't understand why they're so disconnected from half the country, why they're so desperately out of touch and almost proudly out of touch with much of the country. Now, let's have a look at this from Robert F. Kennedy's team. This is in response to Kamala Harris's campaign to drum up will support among mal voters.
Speaker 9: Dear Kamala Harris, Let's get one thing crystal clear. The vast majority of American men have no issue with the electing a female president. Our issue blay solely with you. You were second in charge of California for thirteen years.
Speaker 10: As California's Attorney General, Harris promoted enforcement of a law that allowed prosecutors to seek jail time for parents of truant kids.
Speaker 12: I opened the door and I see at least seven or eight cops that wanted to arrest me.
Speaker 1: As a matter of fact, they did.
Speaker 5: They went over there, and I said, when you go over there, look really mean.
Speaker 15: She had me arrested and prosecuted because my handicapped garter was sick in the hospital and had miss some days of school.
Speaker 5: I learned that with the swipe of my pen I could charge someone.
Speaker 2: With the lowest level of fense.
Speaker 7: That person could be arrested.
Speaker 5: They could lose time from work and their family, maybe lose their job. They'd have to come out of their own pocket to help hire a lawyer.
Speaker 7: They lose standing in their community.
Speaker 15: I lost my job and couldn't pay rent, and we got evicted.
Speaker 7: Weeks later.
Speaker 5: I could dismiss the charges, but their life would forever be changed.
Speaker 15: I became homeless, we had to move into a motel all because of the swipe of my pen.
Speaker 14: I don't agree what Kamala Harris did to my mom, and I don't agree with what she's done to other parents as well.
Speaker 9: You were second in charge at the United States for four years.
Speaker 15: If anything, would you have done something differently than President Biden during the past four years.
Speaker 5: There is not a thing that comes to mind in terms of and I've been a part of most.
Speaker 7: Of the decisions that have had impact Karsha.
Speaker 2: That's a powerful ad her record as a prosecutor, herord as VP, as the borders are, all of it is working against her. And that was a real reminder of what happened in California because the Maydia is not telling us about it.
Speaker 14: Absolutely, it's a reminder and it's probably even educational for so many people who don't know that much about her, because her strategy clearly has been to avoid it and either at first it was Vibes and then it was Joy and then it was Trump as Hitler. But it's never actually been about her record other than to just hout the fact that I was Attorney general of the largest state in the country. Nothing beyond that. What was really interesting about it is they were going after truancy, which is prosecuting parents for choosing not to send their kids to school for any number of reasons. That comes across as very callous for the parental vote and maybe women I think she's going after that, and also the words that she was using, like you know, with the stroke of my pen, I can put you away out in your life. It was almost brung on Power Watch.
Speaker 2: The full ad, we played a fair chunk of it, but it's actually longer than that. You actually hear talk about why she did this, and it wasn't to get kids to school. That wasn't the number one objective. It was for the funding because California was losing funding because of the truancy and it was a significant amount, and she said, I want I want that money. So the full ad is just quite devastating. But we've also got ads like this. This one encourages women to lie to their husbands about how they're voting. This is one that's encouraging them to vote for Kamala, lie to their husbands. And really what's insightful about this ad is how the left sea women.
Speaker 16: Your current honey, in the one place in America where women still have a right to choose, you can vote anywhere you want and no one will ever know.
Speaker 14: Did you make the right choice?
Speaker 16: She it in, honey, Remember what happens in the booth, stays in the booth, So Harris was kosher.
Speaker 2: It's kind of a funny ad. But the way they see women, particularly women married to conservative men, it's almost a caricature.
Speaker 14: It is a characacter. And you're right, it was funny. And abortion is a very animating issue for the Democrat beast.
Speaker 10: They love that issue.
Speaker 14: It is motivating them to come out. That's one of the things if the election does go in Comla's fear, it's going to come down to women and that issue. So they're clearly touching on that. But then to a point, the whole message of saying, hey, lie to your husbands, I think that's going to backfire, especially with married women. Like there's just something tacky about it.
Speaker 2: The dynamic between the husbands and wives there was just so kind of creepy and like the men seemed like losers, like losers but almost you know, that whole toxic masculinity air that the left seems obsessed with. It really just painted everybody so poorly. It's like, why would you want to identify with that? That's not going to encourage you to change your behavior.
Speaker 3: We're negative.
Speaker 14: Overall, it just was a negativepproached to family, to marriage, to women, to all of it. So I don't think it's going to work.
Speaker 2: That it was a strange one. We've seen some strange ads in this campaign, but who knows it may be effective. Koshigata, thank you so much for your time still to come as celebrity endorsements doing more harm than good for the Harris Wolf's team. Kinsey Schofield, he has all the details. Welcome back. Joining me now is celebrity and royal commentator Kinsey Schofield. Kinsey Trump's VP pick. JD. Vans has appeared on comedians Bond's hugely popular podcast and he's got a lot of praise for this. He was labeled weird and out of touch, but he really just showed that he's a likable guy.
Speaker 17: But Delta selling zembic black market off out of side of vineyard vines.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have nightmares.
Speaker 17: They call it frozempic, but I you know, I like worry.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 17: So America has a terrible obastie problem. Okay, And I'm not look, I'm not a doctor. I'm not telling if your doctor tells you to take ozempic, follow your doctor's advice not.
Speaker 18: You know what you're hearing on Audiencetic, I don't mind it.
Speaker 1: I'm not a big reason guy. Yeah, you like reasons.
Speaker 18: I like, I mean, I like grapes that have been through something.
Speaker 1: You know. It's just who I am, you know. But uh so, yeah, I guess I do like you know.
Speaker 2: But the podcast was an all lighthearted They also discussed some serious issues, including discussing jd Vance's mom's addiction problems.
Speaker 18: Your mom struggled with alcoholism, right, mostly non alcoholics.
Speaker 17: I never saw her, you know, drink that much pillsoids when.
Speaker 1: When mom was in the worst of it.
Speaker 17: Yeah, there was some danger there, but it wasn't nearly as deadly as the stuff that's out there today.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the poison that we've got in the streets now is so dangerous.
Speaker 18: But it's also sad that somebody, you know, you can't even do paine in this country anymore, you know. And that seemed like a crazy thing to say, And they'll say it, they'll say that, but I said, I'm going to steal that lawrant the two how.
Speaker 2: A chat was hugely entertaining, insightful. What did you think of a Ginsey?
Speaker 8: I mean, to me, JD. Vance is whatever the opposite of weird is. I think weird is tampon's and boys bathrooms. I think weird is.
Speaker 19: Lying about your your history in the military.
Speaker 8: But JD's story, especially about his mother, a lot of Americans are going, unfortunately, are going to listen to that story and be able to relate to it. And it's his story ultimately is a great story because look at the man he's become today. I think out of all four of them, JD. Vance is the most normal, and I thought that he came off as a very likable individual in that interview and I cannot wait to see him on Joe Rogan.
Speaker 2: Well, he's also got just such a beautiful family. His wife is so accomplished, they have beautiful children, and I heard described when he was picked that is one of the few politicians who has a genuinely happy marriage and likes his wife, which is not nice to hear. Now, let's talk about Eric Trump's comments about Prince Harry. He says, even though his father thinks Prince Harry betrayed the Royals and possibly lied on his US visa application, that regardless of that, Harry doesn't need to worry about being deported if Donald Trump becomes a forty seventh president. Eric Trump essentially said that Harry won't be deported because, well, Harry and Megan are nonentities and nobody in America really cares about them.
Speaker 4: I mean, what a great answer.
Speaker 8: You know, it amazes me that a year ago you and I were having debates about whether or not Megan Markle was going to run for office. In today we're trying to decide when she might sell her first jar of jam or appear on a Suit's Rewatch podcast. I just can't comprehend this. I think we've given Harry and Meghan way too much credit. So for Eric Trump to say, actually, they're totally irrelevant. We're not worried about that. I can't say that I've ever agreed with Eric Trump.
Speaker 2: More now, comedian Jimmy Kimmel's attempt to convince Republicans to turn against Trump. He did a nineteen minute anti Trump tie rade. Well, some people are saying this is backfired with views of his late night comedy show on ABC US. Let's have a look at some of the responses. Once said, I was on the fence, but since Hollywood elenks like Jimmy Kimmel are supporting Harris. I'll cast a vote for Trump. Another one said Kimmel fell off and has gone woke. Another person posted, remember when Johnny Carson and Jay Leno were host and it was all about class and entertainment. Jimmy is a clown and all this MF does is every for clipping night rip off on Trump. Do you have any other material? Yikes? Switch channels and these late night TV shows Kinsey used to be funny. Now they've become so lame, so political. The audience is diminishing. They're watching YouTube or Gutfeld on Fox News.
Speaker 19: And do you remember how hateful people were when Jimmy Fallon had the audacity to have Trump on his show. I mean, you're allowed to lean one side, but certainly not the other. I recently saw a pull that said sixty percent of people do not want celebrity endorsements, and twenty four percent of those people said that they are more likely to vote for the other person if they see a celebrity endorsement. So I do think that celebrities need to be more conscious of those you know those statistics.
Speaker 2: Well, yes, I think that a lot of times they're doing the Democrats more harm than good. Now, let's talk about Arnold Schwarzeneg, a celebrity who was also a politician. Not surprisingly, he's endorsing Kamala Harris is a Californian. After all, he posted on Elon Musk's ex that Trump presidency would be four more years of bs with no results. That makes us angry and angrier, more divided, and more hateful. Didn't we just have four years of that right now? Kitsie? Does he think Donald Trump's president right now?
Speaker 8: Well, Donald Trump didn't just call half the country trash. That was the senile old man that bit a baby in a chicken costume tonight.
Speaker 4: But what I will.
Speaker 8: Say about Schwarzenegger, who actually was a Republican governor of the state of California. So I think that's why they're like, oh, he's voting Democrat. I really appreciate him taking a break from banging his maid and impregnating her to give us a piece of you know, a piece of information that nobody asked for.
Speaker 19: And maybe him and Doug, who also.
Speaker 8: Impregnated the help can check some swaps and stories, maybe some temp agency contacts.
Speaker 4: I think it's great. I think he's found his new tribe.
Speaker 2: You know what, I never thought i'd hear this set about the US president bitter baby in a chicken costume tonight, But that's precisely what happened. This is the world we are living in, Kinsey Schofield. Maybe this time next week it will be very different. Thank you for your time this evening, and that's all the time we have tonight. I'll see you tomorrow night. For Left, he's losing it at nine point thirty up. Next is Newsnight.