Speaker 1: On scaring US Australia.
Speaker 2: This is the Wader Panekey Show.
Speaker 3: Good evening and welcome to the readA Panekey Show coming up tonight. Three vote arrivals in a week. Daniel Wilde with the latest on local international politics. All cross to Israel to speak to Emily Schrader about the reaction to Australia's shock un vote, and joining me tonight is the always insightful Yank Army Horowitz and making his Sky News debut is popular Australian comically dangerously heteronormative, UNPC toxic white male Isaac Butterfield.
Speaker 4: But first, the.
Speaker 3: Albanezer government plans to spend a whopping extra twenty four billion over the next four years, including a generous three hundred dollars in power build discounts for every household from Turacta Turidden and three hundred and twenty five dollars for small businesses, a move that the Treasury says will reduce inflation by zero point five percent next year. This looks very much like an election budget, and there are certainly winners and losers. What fears the short term boost lack long term benefits. Let's bring in Daniel Wilde from the Institute of Public Affairs. Daniel, your verdict on the budget and how exactly will are we fighting inflation by injecting billions and billions of taxpayer money into the economy.
Speaker 5: Well, that's right. This is a bad budget. It lacks vision and ambition for the future of Australia. Basically, the entire debate has been about whether we means test or don't means test a three hundred dollars subsidy. We're facing much bigger economic problems. What this also reinforces RITA is that this is a redistributionist government. It's not a growth government. It is a government that has focused on its narrow sectional interest, not on the betterment of the nation as a whole. In terms of the lack of ambition, their own forecast have real GDP growth in the twos for the next five years. Contrast that to the Hawk era it were three and a half percent growth every single year. So this government has given up on the idea of economic growth and they're reverting to nineteen seventy style politics.
Speaker 3: The Prime Minister has hit back at the critics who are calling the energy rebates wasteful and targeted.
Speaker 6: We are providing in this budget taxpayer tax cuts for every single Australian taxpayer, but also energy bill relief for every household. It's the most efficient way for it to be delivered.
Speaker 3: Now, there's a lot being said about this energy bill relief and who should be entitled to it, but I think again we're missing the point. We wouldn't need energy bill relief if we weren't pushing up the cost of energy deliberately. These are policies that have led to this. It hasn't happened because we've run out of gas and oil and coal.
Speaker 5: That's right, it's the tail wagging. The dog is treating symptoms, not causes. And the cause of the energy bill increases is net zero and the decommissioning of coal fire power. I mean, we know this from the data. We can go back to two thousand and seven when Kevin Rudd came in. All of the subsidies came in. Since two thousand and seven, energy bills have gone up by nine percent per year on average. If you contrast that from nineteen ninety to two thousand and seven, it was just three percent per year, so they've gone up at triple the rate as a result, of whether it's the carbon tax or the subsidies or net zero, So you have to treat the underlying problem rather than putting a band aid on it.
Speaker 3: Staying on the budgets, let's shed some light on some of the hidden winners and losers. Were cash splashed on everything from plant based proteins to sympathy orchestras. The government is going to be spending one point five million of your money to make it easier to understand labeling on food items such as veggie burgers and tofu sausages, three million on seafood origin stickers, plus two hundred and six Exteen million will be spent on arts and culture, including five point two million. Four orchestras in Canberra and Darwin, Dan dos Cambra. Need any more orchestras and why can't they pay for it themselves?
Speaker 5: Well, they don't need more orchestras for sure, but they're getting a lot more public servants in the budget, tens of thousands and more public servants with pay rises. Look there's another three key winners out of the budget. There's the environmental activists with the EPA. They're getting more money to shut down the economy. Those who want to censor the Safety Commission, they get more money to shut down freedom of speech. And of course everybody's favorite billionaire, TWiki Forest, is getting even more money from the government.
Speaker 4: To he needs the money, he's having it.
Speaker 7: He needs proven technologies that we're all going to pay for.
Speaker 3: How do they justify something like that, How do they justify giving one of Australia's richest individuals this sort of assistance.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean their argument is it's all to do with the new green renewable superpower. Look, I think Astralians we'll see through this, and it doesn't make sense when you're talking about people doing it tough with the cost of living, then you've got policies that are giving tax credits to someone like Twiggy Forests.
Speaker 7: It just doesn't add up.
Speaker 4: It does not.
Speaker 3: And Budget week is hectic in Canberra, but not so hectic that labor MPs can't find time to do stupid TikTok videos. You can see Dan, I don't even want to ask you about that clip.
Speaker 4: They just got to stop doing stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Just stop with the TikTok Instagram videos.
Speaker 4: Their own work. They're cringe wordy.
Speaker 3: Thank you now, will the Abenezi government's weakness on borders see a return of boats and the people smuggling trade. In the past week, three boats have been picked up. Six boats in the past six months have made it all the way to Australia since the jam Patterson, the Shadow Home Affairs Minister, is blaming the policies of the Albanesi government.
Speaker 1: Under the Labor government, error monitoring and on sea surveillance are down by twenty percent and twelve percent, respectively. So it's no wonder that boats are slipping through and it's a result of discoverment being weak when it comes to operation sovereign borders. They have undermined operations sovereign borders at every opportunity, including abolishing temporary protection visas, reducing these flying hours, and planning the cut over four hundred million dollars out of the budget over the next three years.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's a coincidence that every time Labor is in power this becomes an issue.
Speaker 5: No, that's right, James Patterson's spot on. Look, there's a couple of things here. There's a big chunk of the Labor Party that does not believe in sovereign borders. They're open borders people. They don't believe in turning boats back. They never have, they never will. The other issue here is, look, it gets to the bigger problem of the entire migration system, not just the illegal rivals, but the actual program. The budget confirms that the major already of our economic growth is still going to be underpinned by this unplanned mass migration that's sending us backwards in terms of a per capita situation. So Australians are getting poorer because of Labour's mass migration program, and we're also less secure because of their soft borders approach.
Speaker 3: Now, statue of former Tasmanian Premier William Crawber has been vandalized a day before a court ruling about whether it should be taken down. The statue in Hobart's Franklin Square was badly damaged, with its legs cut halfway through. And this statue is not just in danger from the criminal vandals, but also the vandals in the Hobart City Council who also want to topple.
Speaker 5: It well exactly. And you know we've seen this before with the you know, statues of Captain Cook and others where you know, these people just don't know Australian history. They're taught that Australia is a bad country, that we're not worth defending, that our culture is not worth preserving, and so no wonder they act like this. These are the downstream consequences of a of a broken education system and of our main institutions of our society, whether it's going to the football or anything else where. But continually toward Australia is based on stolen land and that were not a good country. Well, this is what happens.
Speaker 3: This is and this whole controversies over Crowther, who was a surgeon who was noted for his work with the poor, but there were allegations back in eighteen sixty nine that he stole found and stole the skull of an Aboriginal corpse. He denied it completely, but because of those allegations in eighteen sixty nine, they want to topple his statue. Now to this report from the ABC, and this is an important story about Chinese police being allowed to come to Australia with permission from the Australian Federal Police and question a woman and then take her back to China for trial in what is seen as a major breach of Chinese Australian police protocols. She was targeted as part of an anti corruption program called Operation fox Hunt. Now Dan, the Chinese Communist Party, says fox Hunt is all about targeting people who have committed serious financial crimes. But there are human rights groups who say this is a way to silence dissidents and critics of the regime.
Speaker 5: I don't know the details of this particular case, but on the face of it, it's concerning China, as we know, is not a country with the rule of law. It doesn't have transparency or the legal safeguards. So even if the accusations are correct about financial wrongdoing and serious crimes, I don't think anyone could have confidence that they were going to be dealt with in an appropriate manner. So look, on the face of it, I don't think that this should be happened. Of Australian residents being taken to China. We don't know what's going to happen to them.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I'm just shocked because we've got Australians in Chinese prisons and we know how they're treated, and the fact that once you're charge you've got something like a ninety nine point nine percent conviction rate and the methods they use are also something to worry about. Now, let's talk about this painting of King Charles the Third. He has unveiled the official portrait, as is the first one since the coronation, and you can see his Majesty is wearing the uniform of the Welsh Guards in a striking oil painting striking. Indeed, this portrait was commissioned all the way back in twenty twenty, when King Charles was still a prince. It's divided opinion, but I've got to say, Dan, I absolutely love it. I've got a shock initially, but the more I look at it, the more I think it's a really special piece of art.
Speaker 4: Well, what's your take on it? Are you a hater?
Speaker 5: I'm not a hater, but when I first saw it, I got to say I didn't quite get it.
Speaker 7: It's a bit too avant garde for my taste.
Speaker 5: May able to grow on me over time, but look, I think it is good to see the King back official duties. We know he was very unwell for a penty of times. It's good to see that.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 5: Look, maybe this will maybe it will grow on me, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, we're not going to have a big fight over it. But I think just keep looking at it and you.
Speaker 4: Will see the.
Speaker 3: Deep beauty within.
Speaker 4: Daniel Wylle, thank you so much of your time this evening.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Joining me now is filmmaker and journalist Army Horowitz. Army President Joe Biden is notorious for repeating lies, verifiable lies, over and over again, and the latest example is the claim that inflation was at nine percent when he took office.
Speaker 8: I think inflation has gone slowly up. This wasn't nine percent when I came in, and it's now down around three percent and bringing down in fleshing was nine percent when I came to office.
Speaker 9: Nine per infletion was actually one point four percent when Biden was sworn in.
Speaker 3: Why does he keep doing these? I mean, these are things you can check that, they're not just matters of opinion.
Speaker 10: No, it's uh, well, he was right in the sense that it was nine percent a year after he came into office. Now, on the inflation itself made many many lies. For example, that inflation was because of the of the of the Russian invasion of Ukraine, when a simple math equation shows you the majority of the inflation actually came prior to the invasion of Ukraine. I mean, we can go on and on. We could talk about how his uncle was eaten by cannibals. Yes, that was something he actually claims to be a fat We could talk about he's arrested in Delaware for civil rights violations, and frankly, the worst of all when he continuously says that his son was killed in Afghanistan when his son actually tragically died of cancer afterwards.
Speaker 2: But despicably, he loves to trot that out.
Speaker 10: When he's to talking to families who lost kids in wars, he continues to trot out that particular life particularly despicable and terrible. No, but of course he's never gonna be called on it because he's parroting what the mainstream media wants to hear. This one is again the issue with the verifiability is if you're gonna lie, Joe, lie, is something that can't be checked, that would be my suggestion to you, A little gift for you.
Speaker 2: That's all. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It's just incredible. Yeah, inflation was once nine percent, but during your term when you inherited office, the inflation was almost a rock bottom, So it's just such a bold face lie. US Vice President Kamala Harris. Though she's not doing much for the passare, she's expressing her appreciation for young activists during a recent interview, praising their approach and how aren't waiting around for the older generation to solve big issues.
Speaker 4: She highlighted things like.
Speaker 3: Their readiness to tackle policies on gun violence and climate change. But Ami, these are strange comments to be making at a time when college campuses are overrun by these young activists disgracing themselves and disgracing these institutions of higher learning.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I also, if you call, I also recently took a tour around a campus with my American flag and fifteen of these great youth people she's referring to attacked me, viciously grabbed my flag.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I think she needs to take a look around. Is she praising the people who attacked me? She's praising the people who won't allow Jews to.
Speaker 2: Go to class on campus.
Speaker 10: Yeah, she needs to be clear about what she's referring to. And by the way, I think she also needs to take a look at the poll numbers because the eighteen and twenty nine vote, which overwhelmingly went for Biden and Kamala Harrison last election, seems to be eroding significantly because even then, even the eighteen and twenty nine and by the way, if you know, anybody's under twenty nine and they don't know anything, right, but even those people are smart enough to realize that this country's being driven into the ground and the responsibility live directly with this administration, which by the way.
Speaker 2: Happens to include Kamala Harris.
Speaker 10: So, yeah, I think she needs to recheck her little tour of the campuses and maybe she recanted. I don't know, I doubt it.
Speaker 3: Well, a law school in Boston is facing a backlash after graduates smeared red paint on their hands and held them up during their commencement ceremonies. Pro Palestinian students use this symbol of bloody hands in to protest the death toll in Gaza Army. You know perfectly well what this means. Tell my audience, what those red hands symbolize? What event are these graduates glorifying?
Speaker 10: Yeah, so, there was a there was a lynching in Romala a number of years ago where a jew was murdered and ripped apart by Palestine animals, and one particular thug animal beast took his bloody hands and he put them out the window famously and photographed it.
Speaker 2: I assume you're referring to that.
Speaker 10: That is the most disgusting display of savagery that I could imagine.
Speaker 2: But I think that.
Speaker 10: These students need to pay attention to the more to the news. We've been saying this for a while, but even the United Nations has recanted and finally said, Okay, we were lying for a long time about this war in Gaza, and they came the terms and reduced the number of civilian casualties.
Speaker 2: By fifty percent. Rita.
Speaker 10: We all knew those numbers were lies, but everybody kept saying, well, look what the mainstream media is saying, the UN is saying it. And now, finally, after the damage has been done to Israel's reputation, they finally came out and said, oh, we got it wrong. Actually, these reeling numbers are right, and shockingly, Hamas numbers are wrong. Maybe those those idiots on that campus that graduation to look at the fact that Israel has foty war historically low civilian casualties two civilians for every one militant as opposed to and by the way, and that's when you have the most densely populated place on planet Earth where Kamas is hiding. Civilians are using civilians as shields for themselves. And if you compare that to the NATO number so Afghanist five to one, maybe those people should look at those numbers and maybe rethink their idiocy.
Speaker 2: On graduation day.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about Snopes. Snopes, this so.
Speaker 4: Called fact checking site.
Speaker 3: We've been embarrassed again having to correct a fact check about Ashley Biden, the daughter of US President Joe Biden, her diary. The disturbing claims in that diary are now listed as true, not unproven Army. If this was a banker's diary detailing inappropriate showers with her dad and all sorts of other allegations, we never stop hearing about it. This would be well known across the board. But the contents of this diary have been memory holder that so many in the media have declined to report anything about it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, the big issue here really is the fact checkers themselves and Snopes and PolitiFact USA. Today, I would like I think one of the great accomplishments of the left was their ability to take over that entire industry and then branded as unbiased right above the political frame. And people have taken that and frankly done a great job with branding, because regular people look at these organizations Wikipedia and Snopes and politifacts so forth as fact and the reality is so far from that. I can tell you personally I have had with all of those fact checking organizations. I have run into the issues with them when they have lied baldly about things that I have said. I have forced several of them to recant, but of course, once it's released, the damage is done. And you know, you know when they're a lot, when all the mistakes are all in favor of liberals and none of the mistakes are favorite conservatives.
Speaker 2: That really is the answer how they're lying.
Speaker 10: If it was even half half, I could see how could they make many mistakes? But no, what the reality is is that what they are. They look at what they want things to be and assume that must be in actual fact, they basically have weaponized their bias. And again it's been a very very successful branding exercise, and they've sold to the public as you can look at us as unbiased when it couldn't be.
Speaker 2: Further for the truth.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and it's so dangerous because it is gas lighting on a mass scale, calling themselves fact checkers when they're often amongst the most biased activists in the industry.
Speaker 4: Ami Horowitz, thank you so much for your time. This evening always a pleasure. Still to come a.
Speaker 3: Massive addition of lefties losing it, and I'll be joined by possibly Australia's most popular comic. He's got more than two million followers on YouTube alone. You're watching the Raid of Patty Show and now it's time for lefties losing it, and I think we're ready to hear more pronouns and expressions of gender identity.
Speaker 4: Are you homo flexible?
Speaker 3: Perhaps your pan or TRIXI now, I don't know what any of these words mean either.
Speaker 11: Hi, my name's queen and my pronounce are the thumb When I post about my gender identity and my sexuality. When I say that I don't want any labels, that is not an invitation for you to speculate on who I am or what I am. It's not a guessing game for you to play over whether I'm a girl or a boy, But what's in my pants? Or if I'm pan or buy or trixiic or homoflexible or gray, romantic or anything else. You don't need to fully understand the nuances of gender identity or sexuality to know that each person knows who they are better than you ever will.
Speaker 3: Yes, there are new identities and pronouns popping up up every hour, it seems, But how many things can you identify as at the same time?
Speaker 4: See if you can beat this millennial list.
Speaker 12: I am a weight, transmasculine, fem, non binary, temporarily mostly able bodied, neurodivergent, obsessive, compulsive, chronically ill, culturally Jewish, unitarian, universalist, non monogamous, DEMI low, romantic, great ammo best, actual survivor of acute and complex trauma, millennial and cat parent in mental health recre.
Speaker 3: DEMI low, romantic, chronically ill, Unitarian, universal cellist, transmasculine. I've lost track already. Let's see now from a lefty who's been losing it for.
Speaker 4: Some time now.
Speaker 3: One time Oscar nominee when she was known as Ellen Page, star of the hit film Juno, but she has since transitioned to Elliot Paige and enthusiastic transactivist who claims that being LGBTQIA plus plus plus is not niche.
Speaker 4: I don't call it niche. You know, queer things niche.
Speaker 13: Thirty percent of young people identify as LGBTQ plus. I'm like, I'm sorry, this is not niche. You tell really specific stories about like cis het people. I'm not calling that on a plant niche.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Yeah, I'm sure.
Speaker 3: I read a good book about that by Abigail Schreier Irreversible Damage, the transgender craze reducing our daughters. But page is right. There are a lot of young people identifying as anything other than just an ordinary girl or boy.
Speaker 4: I mean, who wants to be ordinary?
Speaker 3: I'm reminded of this classic clip from a Washington DC Pride rally in twenty two, where journalist Savannah Hernandez ask people how they identify.
Speaker 14: I am gender queer, trans mask and what's trans mask? Trans mask is like people under the non binary umbrella identifying like or hunting mask masculine?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what about you?
Speaker 15: I'm trance and uh on, my sexuality is unlabeled. I use him pronounced yeah, and I use the pronounce tell us.
Speaker 3: What you guys identify as we're asking everyone.
Speaker 9: Here today gay, okay, sis, what is it?
Speaker 16: Sis?
Speaker 12: Gender maya?
Speaker 1: There we go.
Speaker 4: I don't know gender, gender neutral or gender fluid.
Speaker 6: I think that's what they say.
Speaker 17: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm confused.
Speaker 3: We're all confused, lady. Let's see if there is any more clarity with some others at the rally.
Speaker 6: Oh, she pronouns are he him?
Speaker 18: Sometimes you say, I don't give it.
Speaker 2: I guess you could call me gay.
Speaker 3: I'm homo flexible.
Speaker 9: Really, I do like some women, but mostly men than see her it.
Speaker 13: I feel like, honestly, honestly, it should not be a bad pain.
Speaker 3: Like I've talked to me, go with the in them. I'm like, well, in the grammar of things, how would you want to represent yourself?
Speaker 13: I was like, I mean, I guess it, because it's like you're.
Speaker 11: It, You're the it.
Speaker 3: I'd be careful before referring to people as it. Not everyone is going to appreciate it. But that was Washington, DC. It's it's a strange place. Only four percent voted for Trump. Surely we wouldn't have that sort of confusion in Texas. They she uh they here non binary, trans.
Speaker 4: Mask bisexual, I'm just trans I'm the game.
Speaker 9: Mail put yeah, gamail put transgender Ian.
Speaker 4: I'm a seys she her probably not binary.
Speaker 7: Yeah, would be the best.
Speaker 4: What about you?
Speaker 3: Bye? Hellos, boil bye bye bye bye.
Speaker 4: I like frugs, not people. I'm sorry.
Speaker 13: I like Prigg's not people.
Speaker 3: I like frogs too. Now, to Democrat Storwart and strategist James Carville, losing it over Trump increasing is lead in the latest polls, particularly in those crucial swing states.
Speaker 16: In Trump's war ahead than he's ever been. It's gone the wrong way. It's not working. Everything that we're throwing is spaghetti at a wall, and none of it is.
Speaker 2: Sticking me included.
Speaker 16: And it's hard when you starting your eightieth year and you, you know, like anybody, also have an opinion of myself.
Speaker 2: And the opinion I've come to.
Speaker 4: Is I don't matter.
Speaker 16: And you know, we've got to try to think of something different because.
Speaker 2: What we're doing is really really not working.
Speaker 3: I don't know how about trying to formulate policies that don't destroy the country. That could be an idea about not becoming some sad add copy of a Banana republic where the ruling party tries to jail their main political rival. How about not being lefties losing it on.
Speaker 4: A daily basis.
Speaker 3: That might see a bump in Biden's numbers, because you know, things are pretty grim when even CNN can't hide the truth anymore.
Speaker 18: Look the sun Belt battleground sex. Frankly for the Joe Biden campaign, these numbers are an absolute disaster. The smallest leaders in Arizona for Donald Trump. He's up six. Look at this nine in Georgia thirteen and Nevada. My goodness, gracious, my god, that is a huge lead. No Democrat has lost that state since John Kerry lost it back in two thousand and four. How about these great late battleground sets. This is something that the Joe Biden campaign.
Speaker 2: Can work with.
Speaker 3: Yes, the Joe Biden team can work with that. But why is Trump doing so well in those Sun Belt states like Nevada, Georgia, and Arizona. You're going to love this answer from CNN. The CNN audience probably didn't like it, but you will.
Speaker 4: When you're looking into the number.
Speaker 1: Why do you think Biden is doing better in the Great Lakes and Trump is doing so much better than the Sunbelt?
Speaker 18: Yeah, the Trump coalition is changing. That's basically what's cooking here. This is at least one of the big reasons why so this is among likely voters in these in all these battleground states we just spoke about. Back in twenty twenty, eighty four percent of the Trump campaigns, the Trump coalition was white. Look where it is now, it's seventy eight percent. The non white portion of the Trump coalition. It was thirteen percent in twenty twenty. Look at this now, it's nineteen percent. So the Trump coalition is becoming more diverse. And of course those Sun Belt battleground states are more diverse than the Great Lake battleground station.
Speaker 4: You're looking at the Nevadas in the Arizona SA.
Speaker 18: Of course, if you look at Nevada, Arizona heavy Hispanic population, Georgia heavily African American population, with the Michigan does have some black voters in it, but Pennsylvania and Wisconsin are heavily heavily white.
Speaker 3: Yes, Trump's non white vote has jumped around fifty percent and the white of the state. The better Joe Biden is doing, doesn't that smash the media's tired old narratives. Now to North Carolina, where some leftist students lost it at Duke University's commencement ceremony on Sunday because the guest speaker was Jerry Seinfeld, who has the audacity to be white, male, heterosexual, and even worse, he is a Jew who supports Israel. The lefties couldn't handle that. Some of them got up and walked off as the crowd booed j I'm pretty sure the crowd were booing all those lefties who were walking off, But I do wonder what Seinfeld could have said that would be so objectionable that you couldn't possibly stomach it. You had to get up and walk off and miss a massive milestone in your academic career. This is possibly the most controversial parts of the speech. I'm about to play you and a trigger warning for the crazy people.
Speaker 19: Privilege is a word that has taken quite a beating lately. Privilege today seems to be the worst thing you can have. I would like to take a moment to defend it.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 19: A lot of you are thinking, I can't believe they invited this guy.
Speaker 6: Too late.
Speaker 19: I say, use your privilege. I grew up a Jewish boy from New York. That is a privilege. If you want to be a comedian. My point is we're embarrassed about things we should be proud of, and proud of things we should be embarrassed about. So on my staff in the nineties we had a lot of Harvard guys. They were fantastic, but I could never understand why these guys were so embarrassed about being from Harvard. They would never talk about it, they would never mention it. I'm not talking about Harvard now, I'm talking about the way it used to be. You're never going to believe this. Harvard used to be a great place to go to school.
Speaker 3: I'm joined now by comedian Isaac Butterfield, who has kicked off his twenty twenty four world tour in Australia. In two days, he will be at the Capital Theater in Bendigo. You can grab your tickets now, but be quick because he sells out very quickly. Indeed, he's not only funny, but he is one of the best at handling Heckler's one.
Speaker 7: Year of the day since I did my last show, Shout your Mouth, I remember you?
Speaker 2: How do I remember you? Where do I know you? From? Kim? I remember we had quite a weed interaction you.
Speaker 3: Made an absolute yourself.
Speaker 7: Everyone in the room hated you.
Speaker 19: You left, we thought you perished, we celebrated, and yet your return has come.
Speaker 3: Izac Butterfield, Welcome to the program. Proud work is very good. It's very important these days for stand up, isn't it the crowded way?
Speaker 7: It certainly is. It gets this new audience in that I've never seen stand up before. And that right there, that poor woman she's.
Speaker 3: Been It wasn't mean to she wasn't living a heckler.
Speaker 7: I am one of the worst people alive. I'll tell you that right now, reader.
Speaker 3: But it's fun.
Speaker 7: It's a good time to get involved with the crowd, and they come along and it's funny. You know, the people who sit in the front roads, they pay the most for the tickets, and they're the most interested, and they're the first to buy. And then I go out there and I'm like that horrible and mean, and it's just part of It's what keeps it fun and new for me, because I go out every night and I do similar material and I'm working on new bits and preparing for a special But to go out there and find someone to ruin their day, that's what makes it fun.
Speaker 3: They love it. They all want to be part of those viral clips.
Speaker 4: They love it.
Speaker 3: Now you've only got only got a world tour, but you've got a book which I'm very interested in because the title alone, Better Man, a manifesto on modern masculine.
Speaker 4: Now, that's going to trigger people.
Speaker 3: Right then and there immediately.
Speaker 4: Are you out Jordan Peterson?
Speaker 7: Maybe a horrifically bogan verger of Jordan Peterson. No, not at all. This is I didn't want to write, you know, I didn't want to write something that was trying to make me look like I was writing a biography. I'm only thirty. I know it looks like I'm a bit older. There's a harsh win where I live. It's important for younger people to understand that, particularly they they come from sixteen years old to a little bit older, that those years, the formative years, they're going to encounter a lot of different problems, issues and different ideas. And this book isn't so much this A lot of people are saying, oh, this is a far right comedian saying this not at all. In fact, a lot of the opinions you probably see in this book are very much in the middle. The first chapter is all about mental health. There's a chapter in the middle about marrying your best friend, which I did with my wife and we get along like a house on fire and have done for ten years. There's a chapter about my son when he was born and what you know you go through mentally to prepare for that. And there's also me being a horrible person in there as well. Don't worry about that. But it's important, I think, for young dudes to not just hear these things on the building side or in the footy club or wherever they happen to be, wherever they get their information from, to receive it from someone who's gone out and done all these shows and traveled the world and met these people.
Speaker 3: And it's still young and relatable because you appeal to that demographic very strongly.
Speaker 4: I've got a seventeen year old sons. I know that.
Speaker 3: Do you think there is a crisis in masculinity in not just Australia but the West. We have boys growing up just hearing negative messages, the toxic masculinity. They're going to be this, they're going to be that, And I do wonder what the impact that has on their psyche as they've grow into young men.
Speaker 7: There's definitely horrible men, But to say that masculinity is inherently toxic is ridiculous. You would never say that about mean women being toxic feminine people. Yeah, I think it's just one of those they get thrown around and they don't see the damage that it does. Like dudes can deal with it, older men can deal with it. But we are seeing a distinct line in the sand at younger people's preschools wherever they happen to be, or kindergartens. It's the boys versus the girls. These boys are going to grow up to be these horrible people and it's just not the case. Absolutely, And I feel like that creates an enemy between these two genders, one of the many or two of the many genders.
Speaker 4: And there are so many.
Speaker 3: Well, let's have a look look at some of that, because let's do some lefties together. It feels strange and weird because it's something I do by myself.
Speaker 4: It's a solo thing.
Speaker 3: But let's start with the veep Kamala Harris, she just started swearing.
Speaker 13: We have to know that sometimes people will open the door for you and leave it open.
Speaker 3: Sometimes they won't, and then you.
Speaker 4: Need to kick that door down. Steals my language. She's just comedic goal.
Speaker 3: She gives so much material, but the left in general do, and yet comics are so shy about using that rich material. Why is that. I know a lot of comics lean left themselves, but when the left are giving you this craziness, surely it's if you're interested in being funny, you're going.
Speaker 4: To utilize it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, being a left wing comedian is a smart business decision because you're going to end up on you know, the Channel tens or wherever you want to be, to be on the Melbourne Comedy Festival road show. You're going to be on these big platforms and they're going to push you because.
Speaker 3: You flick specials that are awful.
Speaker 7: There are some very good ones, there's some very bad ones as well. But also we know that comedy is subjective. We know that people don't want to come and see if they're an older person, so they are left wing themselves, they probably don't want to come and see me. And that's fine. Some people just aren't good people, they aren't funny people. But other people do enjoy that, and I think if there's a nice mix then it's fine. But if you see, if you walk through Melbourne right now, you go to the comedy clubs, I would be absolutely shunned. They would not want me.
Speaker 3: Which it's crazy because you have such an enormous following. You've got more than two million followers on YouTube, Beloon. I know you've got massive followings on other social media sites, but that I look that up and I checked some really high profile Aussie comics. I couldn't find a single one that came close to your following. Jim Jeffries has got three hundred thousand, and he had his own show in the US, so you know he had really high profile. But so there is obviously a market for your type of comedy. It's just the comedy world seems to be dominated by leftist types.
Speaker 4: Now, I want to play you a couple of.
Speaker 3: Clips involving pronouns, and this one has a pronoun threat which I enjoyed.
Speaker 17: E there, you can either respect my trans homies or I can identify as a problem. And if I catch your being disrespectful, your pronouns are going to be was were thank you for coming and have a nice day.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure if our death threats are a way to have folks, embrace your neo pronouns.
Speaker 7: My wife.
Speaker 4: Let herself go a little bit.
Speaker 7: She likes to dress up. It's interesting. And this is the thing with TikTok is you're seeing some of the most insane people of all time having a platform to reach so many differently. At least people, you know, one hundred years ago would be on the streets, people will pass them and tiptoe around them and all that type of stuff. But now they have a platform to the masses, and we're seeing it right there.
Speaker 3: We are, and we do not embrace any sort of acts of violence on this program, except if it's delivered by a cat.
Speaker 11: Hi, my name is Aaron.
Speaker 15: I use her pronouns, and I am.
Speaker 3: That is one of the all time great clips ever. I mean, you know, you can say what you want about social media, but that eight seconds of twenty four carrot gold there is max it all worth.
Speaker 7: I've never been a fan of cats, but that that's good. That's positive. A headway with cats, ah, I do.
Speaker 3: But now, another thing I don't understand with comics these days, because a lot of them seem to be looking for applause saying, you know, a woke, little little pronouncement, yes, but not fun not funny. Funny doesn't seem to be the priority anymore. And I hear a lot of comics talk about it, Well, we don't want to punch down, this punching down concept, but you look at who's powerful. All the big institutions where you're talking about, Hollywood studios, sporting leagues, celebrities, corporates, they're all woke. So surely if you are taking those on your punching up.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think in comedy it is all about. In my personal opinion, I throw punches wherever they'll land. Oh king here, it doesn't matter whatever's going on. All right, people are coming and they're paying money to laugh to for an hour, to forget about their lives, whether their good lives, bad lives, are indifferent. And if you don't give that to them, if they don't spend their entire time barely laughing, the abs walking out, they hurting, then you haven't done your job.
Speaker 3: That's my I don't care if you're offensive, even if you're offensive about things that I care about, as long as it's funny. If you're offensive without the laugh, then well.
Speaker 2: I got told.
Speaker 7: Well basically last year I got canceled for an aboriginal joke. Now, I have been doing aboriginal jokes since I started doing comedy because I grew up playing rugby league with a lot of Aboriginal fellows. And this is just how we used banter, I guess you would say. Now, I eventually got taken to the Human Rights Commission in Queensland because of that joke, and it's still before the court.
Speaker 5: Center.
Speaker 7: It's a whole thing that's happened. I got served papers because of a joke. One lady complained and then I had to front the commission. Wow, so this is where this is going. Like I know, a lot of people say, you know, there's no such thing as cancel culture. Cancel culture. That's cancel culture right there. That is Yeah, that's venues not booking you because they don't want to deal with the backlash because you're getting taken to a government organization.
Speaker 3: Well, the process is part of the punishment when it comes to the Human Rights Commission.
Speaker 4: I don't know about your case.
Speaker 3: I've got to confess I don't know the details of that one, but I know about other cases where that's very much the dynamic.
Speaker 4: Isaac Butterfield, thank you. So much for time. This evening still to come.
Speaker 3: President Joe Biden backtracks on his commitments to Israel.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Berneza government meanwhile, is accused of supporting terrorism, welcome back. The White House is set to scale back its support of Israel and its war against Haamas. The Biden administration's decision to puuse a shipment of arms marked a significant turning point which can have a lasting impact on the administration's relationship with Israel. Joining me now is TV host and journalist Emily Schrader. Emily, there are deep divisions in the Democrat Party over President Biden's response to this conflict. Do Israelis still feel that the US has their back, that they've got them alongside them as they fight to eliminate Hermas Well?
Speaker 9: First of all, Rita, thanks for having me on. Always a pleasure to be here in regards to what's going on in the United States. And do Israelis actually feel that America has their back? I think the vast majority of Israelis feel that the American people have their back, But when it comes to the Biden administration, I think we've seen a sharp turn and a turn that quite frankly, is not surprising given this US administration's foreign policy from day one on other states as well, be it Russia, China, or the Islamic Republic of Iran. There's been a very, very weak foreign policy from the Biden administration, and I'm not surprised at all to see that he's sort of cowtowing to the more extremist elements within the Democratic Party. Now this is despite the fact, of course that it's particulabarly going to lose in the election, so he's pandering to people who really are not going to have his back, even electorally in the long term.
Speaker 3: Well, he does seem to be focused on domestic issues even when making these calls on foreign policy. And we keep hearing about a two state solution a fantasy right now. But at Douglas Murray, who will join me on the program tomorrow and night, had this take on the two state solution that is actually motivating Biden's decision making.
Speaker 7: He believes famously in the two state solution, which is a Minnesot from Michigan, and he's trying he's trying to please, he's trying to please a few hundred thousand people in America. I don't think he's going to please anyone.
Speaker 3: It Emily, Do you agree with that that so much of what we're seeing from the Biden administration is motivated by holding onto those couple of crucial states that have large Muslim populations who are very, very energized about this particular issue.
Speaker 9: I think that that is one of the problems that the Biden administration is facing in one of their misjudgments in terms of policy. But I do think that the problem actually runs much deeper than that, because the policies that we've seen are being implemented by the people that Biden has hired. And the people that Biden has hired, including in the National Security Council, are people who have associations with Students for Justice in Palestine, I had associations with the Muslim Brotherhood, people who have had very very weak policies of appeasement towards terrorist organization, whether it's Commas or the Islamic Republic of Eyon itself. And this is the consistent trend that we have seen from this administration, a type of moral cowardice when it comes to dealing with not just the Israel Hamas war, because that's only one element of the evil that we're facing today. But in terms of dealing with terrorist organizations as the whole across the entire world, we do need someone to be a moral authority on these issues, and frankly, I much prefer that it be the United States, for example, than say China or Russia, or god forbid, the Islamic Republic.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 3: Well, the Australian government has been accused of supporting terrorism after voting for United Nations resolution calling for the Security Council to admit Palestine as a member state. The decision has understandably at right mini here in Australia. We've had more than seventy years of bipartisanship before this. But what has the response being to this decision in Israel? Is there a sense of betrayal that a once staunch ally has voted with Israel's enemies.
Speaker 9: I think that the statements of Pennywong and the actions of Australia and the United Nations are very problematic. I do think there's a sense of betrayal on the ground here in Israel. Of course, Australia is not the only nation to sort of tiptoe around this issue and pay lip service to the Palestinian cause in perhaps ways that they really shouldn't be. I think that the fact we're even discussing a Palestinian state in the aftermath of October seventh, one of the biggest terrorist attacks we've ever seen, the highest number of Jews who have been killed since the Holocaust in one day. To respond to that by saying, oh, well, maybe we should talk about Palestinian statehood is insanity, especially when you're still dealing with a US and European and many other countries designated terrorist organization in the Gaza Strip who is still in control after all the international pressure that's been placed on Israel to stop their actions, their defensive actions in a just and moral and legal war. It's outrageous. It's outrageous to be placing the responsibility on the State of Israel for this. The entire international community, including Australia, should be united against TAMAS, and there should be no other discussion about a Palestinian state or negotiations or anything else until this Hamas terrorist organization is completely eliminated. They are unable to rule the Gaza Strip anymore and all of the hostages they have taken are returned home. Instead, we hear endless chatter about the Palestinian cause, and one State Tuesday twenty states, I don't care about that. We don't care about that right now. What we care about is getting our hostages home and that should that should be the priority for every single world leader as well. It's not even a political issue. You can support Palestinians and still support exactly what I said. In fact, you should. An actual pro Palestinian policy is against Haamas, it's against Islamic jihad, it's against the Islamic Republic, and it's actually supportive of the civilians who are not engaged with terrorism, which is not what we're seeing from the international community.
Speaker 4: We see the.
Speaker 9: Propping up of hamas, including unfortunately by the US administration. The only impact they're having by withholding some of these munitions that are more precise by the way that would actually prevent more civilian casualties is that you're going to see more bloodshed as a result of that. This is a misguided policy from the US administration, and it's a misguided approach from any of the nations, especially Western democratic nations who have historically been allied with Israel, like Australia, to use this war in this situation to somehow advance the issue of a Palestinian state, which is completely separate from what we see going on in the Gaza strip right now.
Speaker 3: Well said Emily Schreide. Thank you so much for your time this evening. Thank you. That's it for me tonight. Newsnight is up next. I'll see you at eleven tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Good night,