Speaker 1: La la La La La la la la Lucky dip time. It's mel Monty.
Speaker 2: Hello Monty, Hello, everybody. Oh hello, then mauthe like a play school presenter, Hello everybody. Okay, I've got a quick story for you today. Very very coincidental. But like so like on the record, there is no disputing Okay.
Speaker 1: Okay, because you like a coincidence. But some they're very far fetched sometimes.
Speaker 2: But yes, but you know some of them, like when someone is meant to be somewhere and then these circumstances unfold. Like Seth MacFarlane and Mark Wahlberg were both meant to be on American Airlines Flight eleven, the first one to hit the World Trade Center. Seth McFarland was hungover and missed the flight by ten minutes because his assistant put the wrong time on the itinery. Mark Wahlberg got an invitation at the last minute to go to the Toronto Film Festival. What a fucking douche that guy.
Speaker 1: Isn't he the biggest douche of all time?
Speaker 2: Listen to what he said. This will make you want to fucking rip your eyeballs out. It'll be God related. No, no, he said. About five years after September eleventh. If I was on that plane with my kids, it wouldn't have went down like it did. There would have been a lot of blood in that first class cabin and then me saying, Okay, we're going to land somewhere safely, don't worry. Like those people didn'tvite for their lives or whatever. He would have fucking saved the day. He's so table, he's oh I hate him. Oh I hate strong. Anyway, ok moving moving on, Okay. So at the West Side Baptist Church in Nebraska, fifteen locals would meet every Wednesday night for choir practice. It was this small town on Wednesday, March the first, nineteen fifty so they're meant to meet at seven twenty At seven twenty five pm, there was this massive explosion inside the church and the church was just destroyed. It was like so big that the windows of all the surrounding houses blew out, like the local radio station went dead. Like it was massive. So people in the town are freaking out because they also know it's a small community. There's fifteen people in there who were doing their fucking choir practice. Devastating Except by some weird coincidence, every single one of those choir members had a different reason for not making it there on time. None of them were.
Speaker 1: In there, not one of the fifteen.
Speaker 2: Not one. I'm going to run through some of the reasons that stopped them from them there. So the reverend had actually gone into the church earlier in the day and put on the furnace because it was winter. What had actually happened was there was a there was a gas pipe that had leaked, and because the furnace had been on at court fire right anyway, his reason for not being there was he goes and puts the furnace on, he goes home, he has dinner with his wife and his eighteen month old daughter who used to go with him, Oh my god, to the choir practice as well. But while I know, but while they were having dinner, the little girl spilt something on her dress, so the mom had to change her and like it's the fifties, she ironed a new dress for her to wear. So they were running late. That's why they weren't there. The choir pianist who was like the head honcho, her name was Marilyn, and she was very strict about everyone being there on time, but just by some ass. She also had dinner and very uncharacteristically fell asleep after dinner, and the mum, who was also part of the choir, tried waking her a few times, and she's like, we're going to be late. We're going to be late. By the time they got up and got ready to go, they were late enough that they missed the explosion. Okay. A high school student named Ladona was always early to choir practice, but had been doing homework and she was stuck on this geometry problem and lost track of the time trying to figure it out. That's why she was late. Another high school student name Rowena got into her car to head to practice, but the car wouldn't start, so she called Lodona, the girl on the geometry question, and said, can you give me a lift to choir practice? So she was late because Ladona was late because she was stuck on the geometry question. Right. Herbert, who sang bass in the choir, he'd been writing a letter that night. He said, he can't explain why, but he had this real impulse that that letter had to be mailed like that night, put in the postbox anyway, So he took his time to go and put it in the mailbox, and he was running late, which is why he wasn't there. And there was a man named Harvey who was at home with his two young sons. His wife was away and he'd planned on taking the kids with him, but they got stuck talking and probably you know, put your fucking shoes on, hurry up at the front door. They were late, and that is why they were not there. And a lady named Joyce who lived across the road from the church, and she said that night she was just sitting there and she said she just, I mean, in our language, had a case of that can't be fus And she's like, oh my god, it's so cold outside. I can't be bothered. She got up, she put her coat on, and she opened the door just in time. She was facing the church to see the church explode and like just collapse in on itself. I mean, that is remarkable. Fifteen PD is scheduled to be somewhere and for separate reasons and not there. But also they would have made it that.
Speaker 1: God had put do you know what I mean? That would have been their reasoning for sure. If you're from a church and you're religious and you all did I mean, maybe there is a higher power at play with that.
Speaker 2: I don't know. My thought around that is I always think to myself, Yeah, but you know, like if someone like let's say, Seth MacFarland and Mark Wahlberg, Right, but what about all the other people on that planet?
Speaker 1: I know, but there was no one in this one for this explosion.
Speaker 2: Maybe that was God saying well done, lovely voices.
Speaker 1: Well done, Herbie on your bass, singing good one. All right, everyone, we are out here, We are out here. Let's see you soon. Thanks for listening.
Speaker 2: Love you,