Speaker 1: On Scorne Lives Australia. This is the Reader Panalty Show.
Speaker 2: Good evening and welcome to the REATA Panney Show.
Speaker 3: Coming up tonight, a massive program kicking off with the Great Douglas Murray.
Speaker 2: Leading behavioral scientist, Professor Gan sad.
Speaker 3: Will be here to define the word woke and how to combat it in your workplace and household. Army Horowitz on the latest from the US, and later in the hour, doctor David Adler on growing concerns about the Albanizi government's attitude to Israel and He's losing It. Features a bunch of enraged white leftists calling a brown man, Vivet Gramaswami racist and telling him he is not welcome in a public park.
Speaker 1: You're not welcome.
Speaker 4: Well, the good news is we're in America and so we actually get to all express ourselves.
Speaker 5: Express being a racist.
Speaker 6: You get, you get your express being a racist? Zame, is that what you get to express?
Speaker 4: I'm from American, but I'm.
Speaker 2: Joining me now.
Speaker 3: Is best selling author of groundbreaking books, including his latest The War on the West. Douglas Murray, we finally have a Kamala Harris interview today. CNN announced that she will be sitting down with Dana Bush, but the interview is not live and she will have Tim Walls joining her. Can we trust CNN to ask the tough questions and also not edit out the word salads we've come to expect from Harris.
Speaker 1: We'll see.
Speaker 7: I think it's a fascinating thing that the Democrat nominee for president is actually going to deign to answer any questions from the press. Of course, Joe Biden has given fewer press conferences during his time in office than any president of recent decades, and it looked like Kamala Harris was trying to beat him to that, or if no other, The fact that she's doing with her running mate Tim Wolfs is extraordinarily interesting, and.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you why.
Speaker 7: It's for this reason. We don't know any details of what Kamala Harris would like to do or intends to do if she gets the most important job in the world in November.
Speaker 1: We don't know.
Speaker 7: What her fiscal policies are going to be, what her trade policies are going to be, We don't now have any detail what her border and immigration policies are going to be, and we don't have any knowledge at all of what her foreign policy is going to be. And the problem of Tim Walls, or indeed Kamala Harris appearing with one without the other is that the other may say things which their running mate doesn't know or hasn't heard about, and that'll be because they're making it up on the fly. So if you were to have her sit down just with Tim Walls and say, now, look, do you agree with everything in Kamala harris foreign policy, he might have to reveal the fact that there is no foreign policy and might have to just make some stuff up. Then of course the press would say to her if they ever get a chance to sit down with her again, and they say it seems to some extent unlikely she does ever want to sit down with the media. They would say to her, well, Tim Wall said this about your foreign policy, and then she'd have to try to make something up on the fly as well. So it's very clever of them to decide to sit down together because that way they can contradict each other. But less.
Speaker 3: Well, there is also this transformation of Harris from a staunch lefts to have the most liberal voting record in the Senate to this tough law and order pro America figure. She's now claiming she doesn't support a fracking band, despite in the past saying she'd bring one in on day one. She's backing away from electric vehicle Mandaise, and she's suddenly in favor of a border wall.
Speaker 2: Douglas, she'd be wearing a mega hat suit.
Speaker 7: It's very insting. Of course, she wouldn't be the first politician to promise absolutely everything and say contradictory things in the run up to trying to get everyone's vote in November.
Speaker 4: But the interesting thing.
Speaker 7: About Kama Harris is less the contradictions than what basic instinct she seems to have had about politics as she's expressed them in the past. This claim that she's now in favor of a border wall doesn't seem to me to be a flip flopping. It does seem to me to be absolutely typical election season pandering. But what's more interesting is what she said about the border wall any time before when she's been questioned about it. I just watched back earlier today one of her appearances.
Speaker 1: On The View.
Speaker 7: How can I describe the View to Non America? And it's like Britain's Loose Women, but less cerebral it's it's like I mean, it's it's a very it's a very unfunny, funny light daytime show. And so of course she presented herself to these fans of hers on the panel to ask her softball questions some years ago. And on that occasion, Kama Harris said, in one of those jokes that no one else finds a joke, but she finds absolutely hysterical that. She says that she's very interested in and has dealt with international criminal bodies and in UH and in going after those people, she found that interesting thing about international groups is they operate internationally. She found that absolutely hysterically funny and laughed.
Speaker 1: Like mad for ages.
Speaker 7: But the point is that she said, and she said in that interview, said interview, in that softball thing, she said the border wall wouldn't stop these Internet national gangs and then laughed manically. Well, the thing is is that everything she tried to say and that interview was borders and walls don't matter, that they don't do anything. Well, if that is her view, and it seems to have been her view until yesterday, that seems to me to be a fairly settled view. She thinks that that doesn't really matter if you have a border or a border wall because of international things. So I don't really buy this late conversion to a wall at all.
Speaker 3: No, I think there must have some sort of internal polling that is alarming them, particularly about the big issues like illegal immigration in the US.
Speaker 2: So we're seeing this about face.
Speaker 3: Just quickly, I want to ask you about Donald Trump winning the endorsement of former Democrat Tulci Gabbart, who famously ended Kamala's last run for president. She's also helping him prepare for the bit with Harris. How crucial is the upcoming debate and who has.
Speaker 2: More to lose?
Speaker 7: Well, of course if the poles, if some of the poles are correct, and Karla Harris is ahead, then the sense would be that she had more to lose. Tarsi Gabbard being brought on board by Trump is very interesting because AULD say, Cala Harris has put herself forward for so few interviews and so little scrutiny, aside as I say from the geniuses of the view that actually Tusi Gabbott is is particularly useful because she was running against Harris some years ago in the primaries. She's one of the few people who's actually been against Harris on a stage and demonstrated very effectively how to take Harris down by using what we used to call facts. Now, if Tulsi Gabbert can can help Trump to find a way through, she actually probably the best qualified person to do so, as I said, because he's one of the very few people who's actually actually gone up against Harris. Otherwise, I mean, nobody knows really what to do against him, because just no one has had a chance.
Speaker 1: True.
Speaker 3: Now, let's talk about the extraordinary rescue of a hostage held by Hermas since October seven. Kaid Fahan Alkadi was one of eight Arab Bedwin Israeli is abducted on October seven and was rescued from a tunnel in what the Israeli military are calling a complex operation in the southern Gaza Strip. There were joyous scenes as he and his family where reunited in hospital. The family were running to his bedside after hearing news of his rescue.
Speaker 2: Douglas, those who say Israel is a apartheid.
Speaker 3: State really need to explain to us how the whole country is celebrating.
Speaker 2: The rescue of an hour Muslim bed one.
Speaker 7: Well, first of all, I mean, it's just wonderful and remarkable news. As the months have gone on and on, there's been so much fear about the well being or even whether the hostages like him are alive. And it's so heartening to every is Ready and everyone outside who cares about about human life that that this this man should have been saved. As you mentioned, I mean, it's a bad day for the Israel apartheid lobby because they have to explain, as we're seeing in the pictures there, how a Muslim Bedouin father can be surrounded by his children at his bedside being treated by an Orthodox Jewish doctor in this allegedly apartheid state. So so yes, I mean, it's it's a it's a wonderful thing in itself, wonderful to see him home and reunited with his family. And obviously everyone hopes that the rest of the hostages were will be able to have the same happy conclusion to their appalling treatment by Hamas. But yes, it's a bad day for all those people who want to continue to lie about Israel and who pretend that the society is something that it just isn't. And you know, Israel is a society where Muslims, Jews, Christians and others all have equal rights, and Hamas, of course, wants to take away every one of those rights and has done everything it can to do so.
Speaker 3: And we saw in some of that footage him taking a call from Benjamin Nishan Yahoo whilst on his hospital beds. So some rare good news in that region today. Now I want to ask you about Kirstama. He's still railing against what he calls right wing extremism.
Speaker 2: Let's have a listen.
Speaker 8: A mindless minority of thugs who thought that they could get away with causing chaos, smashing up unities and terrifying minorities, vandalizing and destroying people's property.
Speaker 3: But Douglas, we've seem to have heard very little condemnation of the lawlessness and violence in the notting Hill carnival that just took place. There were three hundred and thirty four arrests, eight people stabbed, and the media too were it pains to paint this mayhem as mostly peaceful and enjoyable day. Have a quick look at this clip from sky News UK.
Speaker 9: And they said a man believed to be in his twenties has been stabbed.
Speaker 3: His injuries are not life threatening, but overall it's been a really peaceful and enjoyable date. Douglas, this is not the first time there has been trouble at the notting Hill Carnival, but I'm perplexed not much condemnation from the political class, and even the authorities, though they've made a lot of arrests, aren't exactly naming and shaming the those who have been charged with offenses.
Speaker 7: No, I mean, I mean, there's only one rate way to really understand this and this astonishing double standard, which is the notting Hill Carnival is one of the holy days of diversity obsessed to Britain, and you're not allowed to in any way insult or blaspheme the holy places on this holiest of days. The notting Hill Carnival every year has stabbings and break ins and outbreaks of lawlessness, and police officers are molested by so called carnival goers and the police just stand around and get molested. And it happened again this year. If, of course, I mean, if this was a non holy day in the diversity calendar and it was white working class people who have of course all far right racists. Now, of course, if it was white working class people, it would be a totally different story. But this is one of the great holy days of diversity, and so the Sky News went there in the same way that CNN famously did during the George Floyd riots, into the area of mostly peaceful, violent protests, you know, and the city behind you can be burning down, but it's mostly peaceful burning down. And on this occasion, you know, yes, a parent was stabbed pushing their child in a pram, but it was a mostly peaceful stabbing, you see, because it was all about diversity, and as we all know, diversity is our strength.
Speaker 3: Always. Before you go, I want to ask you about Mark Zuckerberg. He's admitted that Meta, that's Facebook and Instagram were pressured by the Biden Harris administration to censor COVID nineteen content that they wrongly claimed was disinformation. The timing of all this is very interesting. What do you make of Zuckerberg's about face yet, because it seemed to be quite happy with the censorship and the suppression of news. But is he perhaps fearing a second Trump term and what that could mean for Meta?
Speaker 7: It's interesting. I mean, it's one of those sort of stories where it's sort of years later, after everyone knew something, somebody admits that the thing everyone else knew was true. I mean, everybody saw in real time what happened with Facebook and other platforms in relation to COVID misinformation. Of course, misinformation and disinformation turned out only to be things that you know, weren't wanted to be uttered on social media by the governments. It was an extraordinary overreach, as it was in the case of the hunter Biden's story, which Mark Zuckerberg also mentioned, his platforms have been told not to run because it was disinformation. Only for us, you know, all, to find out very surely after was actually it's far from disinformation. The laptop was true. The New York Post knew that anyone reading The New York Post knew that Mark Zuckerberg and his clever you know, employees of Facebook and things, however, didn't seem to know that. But they've realized it four years later, RITA. So I'd imagine we can look forward to sometime in twenty twenty seven or twenty twenty eight, Mark Zuckerberg telling us that, for instance, Joe Biden wasn't an entirely fit candidate to run for a second term as president. And they've just realized it and they're sorry that they helped cover up and say that all that stuff was fake news. It turns out actually the news was true, but thank you for the apology. Four years later, we can look forward to this. It is only only about you know, only the greatest social media platforms in the planet, zinging information to us at the press.
Speaker 1: Of a button.
Speaker 7: Only they can be found to have about a four year wait time to catch up with everyone else's wonderful.
Speaker 3: Yes, and I just thank god they're not in any way political, particularly Meta. It's not like the Zuckerberger donated four hundred million dollars of his own money in twenty twenty to help fortify that election. Douglas Murray, thank you so much for your time this evening great pleasure.
Speaker 7: As always, reta thank you.
Speaker 3: Now more on big tech and the crucial role it plays in promoting or suppressing free speech. Facebook's pair and company Meta is one of the worst offenders in censoring and suppressing Conservatives. You can rail against white people, Western civilization, and Christianity, but if you take a negative view on DEI policies, cultural Marxism, socialism, then you may find yourself censored. But these radical ideas are on the rise again, and as Professor Gad Sad rights on X, we need to combat them. Socialism communism appeal to many people because on the surface it seems so fair, compassionate, and kind. Of course, once you are able to think beyond that of a five year old, you realize that it is the antithesis of fairness, compassion, and kindness. It is contrary to human nature, and hence it is always doomed to fail. But like the proverbial phoenix, it rises from the ashes to parasitize a new generation of imbeciles. Doctor Gad Sad, visiting Professor and global Ambassador of Northwood University and esteemed evolutionary behavioral scientists, joins me.
Speaker 2: Now, doctor Sad.
Speaker 3: The cultural Marxists seem to be winning the ideological debate. They dominate academia, and now their influence has spread well beyond college campuses.
Speaker 10: Well, this is one of the things that frustrates me so much, because when I began warning people nearly three decades ago that these dreadful idea ideas we're festering on university campuses, people would say to me, exactly to your point, retail. Oh, but don't worry, this is just in some esoteric department and the humanities. But then, of course I warned them that it starts off in an esoteric department in the humanities, but eventually it becomes our Prime Minister of Canada, it becomes our journalists, it becomes our popular culture. And so the virus has escaped, and now it has infected us.
Speaker 3: All it has escaped. It is prevalent, certainly in media.
Speaker 2: In the culture.
Speaker 3: You look at what Hollywood's producing, what the celebrity class promote.
Speaker 2: Is there a cue for attack?
Speaker 3: Can we combat something that seems to have spread far and wide? Though I would argue the overwhelming majority of people are still not infected. They still can see the difference between the work insanity and just common sense rational views.
Speaker 10: Well, in the parasitic mind, I do offer an inoculation against a sort of mind vaccine against all of these parasitic ideas.
Speaker 1: But let me give you one.
Speaker 10: Recent instantiation of this type of parasitic thinking. So, for example, now we see Kamala Harris that has been coordinated, as you know, Empress of the World. And the reason why she is resonating so well, because she has hijacked people's emotional systems. Right, It's about positive vibes, it's about joy, it's about excitement, it's about fun. And so that's a form of parasitic thinking, when you allow your emotional system to take over your cognitive system. Emotions are wonderful. If I'm going down the dark alley and I experience fear because I see three young men loitering, it is perfectly evolutionary irrelevant for me to feel fear. But if I'm choosing the leader of the free world, I probably should not be basing it on positive vibes and fun. And so at times I feel very pessimistic about the flight of our society. But then if I weren't somewhat optimistic, I wouldn't be able to get out of bed.
Speaker 3: Well, you mentioned your best selling book, The Parasitic Mind. How infectious ideas are killing common sense? Elon Musk said his son was killed by the work mind virus. His son now identifies as a girl and has a transitioned.
Speaker 2: Explain how you wokeness is a virus.
Speaker 3: And if you've got someone within the family, if you've got workness in the workplace, how can you.
Speaker 2: Deal with that, how.
Speaker 3: Can you help people return to common sense.
Speaker 10: Well, I actually the reason why I use the term parasitic rather than just virus is because it actually kills the host in the service of the parasite. So let me give you an analogy before I answer fully your question. So you take, for example, the wood cricket, which is an actual cricket that abhors water. But when it is s parasitized by a particular hairworm, the hairworm needs it to jump into water in order for it to complete its reproductive cycle. So when the wood cricket is parasitized by that brainworm, it merely jumps to its death in the service of the parasite. So this is why it's very important to use the metaphor of parasitic thinking more than the metaphor of virology. How do you resolve that, Well, you resolve it, hopefully by people like me constantly beating the drum, standing on top of the mountain and offering hopefully better ideas. It's a very, very tough battle, but I stand optimistic that we will win.
Speaker 1: We will win eventually, the battle of ideas.
Speaker 3: Now, the word woke is used often. Many on the left say, nobody knows what it means. It's just something that is misused and overused.
Speaker 2: Do you have a definition for work?
Speaker 10: So originally it started if I'm going to be charitable. The original term started as you know, being awakened to you know, progressive social justice, you know, the bad plight of people. But of course it has metamorphosized into a much more nasty virus or parasitic idea, which is all things that are related to you know, irrational ideas that originally respond on campus. So postmodernism, the idea that there are no objective truths is the ultimate work idea, because it is that framework that allows us to state, without cracking a smile, that a six foot four guy who has a nine inch penis can call himself Linden the next day and can suddenly become a woman. If there are no objective truths, then we are certainly not bound to our genitalia. So postmodernism, cultural relativism, social constructivism, all of these things, I argue, is what really defines warkness. And regrettably, every single one of these dreadful ideas rita originated with professors.
Speaker 3: True, true, and you did warn decades ago that it was going to go beyond university campuses, and it certainly has it's prevalent in workplaces now in the culture. As we've mentioned, I do like a definition Elon Musk gave for woke.
Speaker 2: I'll just read that one out. He said, wakeness is.
Speaker 3: Divisive, exclusionary, and hateful. It basically gives people a shield to be mean and cruel, armored in false virtue. And I think that's a nice, simple explanation that I think applies to most settings. Something else you've been writing and talking about recently is suicidal empathy. Explain to my audience what you mean by that, and again, how that can manifest itself.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, thank you. That's a great question.
Speaker 10: That's actually the topic of my next book that I'm currently working on.
Speaker 1: So, look, empathy is a normal virtue.
Speaker 10: Our emotional system has evolved to solve important evolutionary problems. But the problem arises when it misfires. So take for example, obsessive compulsive disorder. Right, Obsessive compulsive disorder is a misfiring of an otherwise adaptive process. For me to wash my hands because I shook the hand of someone that sneezed in his hand makes perfect evolutionary sense. But if I spend the next eight hours washing my hands, it becomes dysfunctional. So same thing applies for empathy within a certain functional zone. To be empathetic makes sense when it misfires, when it becomes hyperactive, when it targets the wrong individuals. Right when you start caring more about illegal migrants than you do about your own veterans who served in protecting your country. When you care more about homeless people who are doing drugs in the park rather than the children who play in those parts, that's what I call suicidal empathy.
Speaker 1: When you are so kind hearted.
Speaker 10: And progressive that you allow millions of people into your country that don't share any of the foundational values that define your host society, that becomes suicidal empathy. So when you take parasitic thinking, the topic of my earlier book, and you couple it with suicidal empathy, you have the perfect cocktail for the end of the West.
Speaker 2: Yes we are.
Speaker 3: We're in a civilizational war, aren't we, and the anti West forces seem to be winning.
Speaker 2: Before you go.
Speaker 3: You are in Canada, you mentioned your Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has been a poster child for the parasitic mind the woke neo Marxists.
Speaker 2: What state is the country in?
Speaker 3: And have Canadians finally tied of Trudeau's performative caring routine. Have they've finally woken up to the fact that he hasn't actually been fantastic for the country.
Speaker 10: Well, they seem to have tired of him, and yet they found a way to elect him on three occasions. But I can answer you on a personal level, I'm so tired of him that that's precisely why I've taken this visiting professorship and global ambassadorship at Northwood University in Michigan. Precisely because I needed to put a pause button on all the walk.
Speaker 1: Craziness that's taking place in Canada.
Speaker 2: Well, you've got.
Speaker 3: An election coming up next year, so best of luck. Doctor Gad said, thank you so much for your tom Always a pleasure to have you.
Speaker 2: On the program.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Cheers and still to come.
Speaker 3: Lefty's losing it and Donald Trump's support among minority voters is growing even stronger.
Speaker 2: I'm in Horowitz is up next. Welcome back.
Speaker 3: Now it's time for lefties losing it And watch this Lefty and n Israeli protested tell vivic Ramaswami that he has no right to be at Union Park and watch the response.
Speaker 6: You have no right to be here if you're not in support of the Palestinian people.
Speaker 5: Well, I think you're not going to call.
Speaker 1: Here's what I worry. You have the right to be you're not going to call.
Speaker 5: So do we return to the genocide.
Speaker 3: And it ends with the killing, yes, and and.
Speaker 5: The support of Israel, then you should take off.
Speaker 1: We don't want you here.
Speaker 5: You're not welcome here.
Speaker 4: Well, the good news is we're in America and so we actually get to all express ourselves.
Speaker 5: Express being a racist.
Speaker 6: You get you get to your express being a racist zion I think is that what you get to express?
Speaker 7: I'm from America.
Speaker 4: Right to speak when you're right to speak your mind?
Speaker 2: Racist, racist, astonishing.
Speaker 3: You have a bunch of white far left clowns calling a brown man a racist and a Zionist pig and telling him he has no right to be in a public park.
Speaker 2: That's the modern left for you, folks. Now Here is reason six thousand, eight.
Speaker 3: Hundred and fifty four why I do not use public transport. Watch this man being berated by racist woman enraged that he would dare ask her to stop putting her dirty shoes on his seat and clothing, being.
Speaker 9: Quiet when you're talking and touch Megan of slupy you you're an idiot. That's why you're not married.
Speaker 4: Idiots stupid.
Speaker 9: Nice trust me, you don't even love you? Touch me again?
Speaker 7: Snappy?
Speaker 2: Well well, well that didn't go as she planned.
Speaker 3: Not did he call her out for her rudeness, but her attempt to sham him for not having a woman also packfired.
Speaker 2: But as you heard, she only just doubled down.
Speaker 3: Let's see how this progresses and whether this dude manages to maintain his call.
Speaker 9: Your wife is where I'm from. I know you know at you know that.
Speaker 5: S so now you know what it's like.
Speaker 9: You know you're My f is literally by you.
Speaker 3: I'm literally grubbing you.
Speaker 5: Do you know you understand? Complete? Complete?
Speaker 2: Oh dear, you know what's coming next? Yep? The race card.
Speaker 3: She films him, hoping to shame him for being a hostile white male, but sadly for her, the whole thing was captured by other passengers.
Speaker 4: So I go in the train of this white media racious as well.
Speaker 5: Now I love.
Speaker 9: It being quiet when you're talking, Megan.
Speaker 2: Stop you now.
Speaker 3: Donald Trump has put out another ad, and again the entire thing consists of Kamala Harris damning herself with her own words.
Speaker 1: I'm Donald J. Trump and I approved this message.
Speaker 11: Everyday prices are too high, food, rent, gas, back to school clothes. That is calmed bidynamics. I look, bread cost fifty percent more today, round beef is up almost fifty percent. There is not much left at the end of the month. Fimics is working. The price of housing has gone up. It feels so hard to just be able to get ahead.
Speaker 1: And we are very proud of aidynamics.
Speaker 3: Now here's another reason to mock the fake news peddlers of MSNBC. Let's take a minute now and hold Joe Scarborough accountable for this mad rant in twenty twenty where he claimed that the Hunter Biden laptop story was fake and Russian misinformation.
Speaker 2: And of course we know the laptop was real.
Speaker 3: We knew it then, we know it now, and the data on it, from the Biden family's dodgy business dealings to Hunters drug fueled hormongering, that.
Speaker 2: Was all real as well.
Speaker 3: But watching marvel at Scarborough's showing you why you should never trust MSNBC.
Speaker 12: That even The New York Post knew was a lie. They publish a series of lies peddled them by Rudy Giuliani, who admitted that nobody else would take it but.
Speaker 4: Rupert Murdox New York Post.
Speaker 12: Because they might look into it and tell the truth. Here we are in twenty twenty. This is why it's come down to America. Juliani is feeding Russian misinformation to Donald Trump and read it. It's feeding Russian disinformation to the New York Post.
Speaker 1: They know it's a lie. Yeah, that's where we are in twenty twenty.
Speaker 12: Just to let you know that they're still talking to Russians. And by the way, Russian hoax come on, really, so history will expose you all as fools and useful idiots for the Russians.
Speaker 3: History will expose you all as idiots and useful fools.
Speaker 2: For the Russians. That's what he said.
Speaker 3: Four years later, it's Scarborough who is exposed as.
Speaker 2: The ultimate idiot and fool. And we have.
Speaker 3: Plenty more lefties in the media disgracing themselves in this segment. Here is veteran PBS host Judy Woodruff warning of misinformation before spreading misinformation, an absolute falsehood which she seems to have made up. This is your taxes at workfolks.
Speaker 13: Candidates are facing an historic challenge, an unprecedented scale and variety of disinformation online. Former President Trump is on the phone with the Prime Minister of Israel urging him not to cut a deal right now because that is it's believed that would help Sahara's campaign.
Speaker 3: Now, not only did she spread that lie last week to damage Trump, but she then blame what is and Axious for leading her astray with their reporting. But neither atlet had reported anything of the sort. Joining me now is journalists and documentary filmmaker Army Horo.
Speaker 2: It's Army.
Speaker 3: You think such a consequential lie might see someone I don't know sacked or at least demoted, But not at PBS.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not at PBS or Frankly, I mean you could make that. You can do that same video clip with tons of different people in the mainstream media. Frankly, Look, I think that this comes back to this really interesting email and this really interesting perspective. Mark Zuckerberg, the head of Meta, when he was talking about the pressure that he faced from the government to push back on misinformation and then disinformation. Now, using these two words have even rita if I can say a thing about your what you just did, you made a classic mistake. Okay, you are also used the word misinformation when actually Woodrif use the word disinformation. This is a really important point because the word the media has been using is disinformation. Let me explain the difference between the two, because they are very, very different, and it means a lot. Misinformation is simply giving the wrong information, no more, no less, just you were wrong. Disinformation is using giving also information to push a certain objective. Right now, that's the difference. The media is in fact using the word disinformation. They're saying there's some kind of agenda, some kind of insidious move behind the people let's talk about COVID, who were giving information about COVID. Some was wrong, some were right, by the way right, And I think that difference means everything. And they're pushing this weird agenda. There's a concerted effort to push a certain agenda forward.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: I think that's a really important distinction to make because that's how the media has been covering this. I'll give you a little bit of personal information on what happened to me. When it came to Facebook, I put out a post. All I did in this post this is during the COVID at the tail end of COVID. All I did in this post was we post a John Hopkins John I's a well known university in America, well respected a paper that they did talking about how the lockdowns had no real difference immortality rate. Right, it had massive social economic consequences, yet we didn't save lives by doing it. Only those repost that article and then I'm sorry that that study. And then USA Today had an entire article lambasting me and my Facebook post. This is prior to my Facebook post getting demoted. It's actually a quite popular Facebook. And then when they this article came out, I also found out then Facebook then demoted me, and they quoted USA Today saying, well, they're one of our resources that we use for fact checking, so therefore we're going to shut down your Facebook. Can That's how insidious this entire thing was and now looked a little too late. When it comes to Zuckerberg, giving is me a couple but he has And by the way, I'll point out one last thing. I think Zuckerberg is having some kind of bit of a transformation in terms of politics. Not saying he's becoming a Republican, but he's definitely not as a lie in the Democratic parties we thought he was.
Speaker 3: I I am not buying it one second, Army. I think he can just see the changes coming. There's going to be a second Donald Trump term most likely. And he's been complicit in this censorship suppression, and I think he's been an enthusiastic facilitator. I don't think he was pressured to do this and to come out now years later and tell us what we already knew was happening, confirming it, not buying it for a second. But to me, disinformation misinformation I use those words interchangeable because all the misinformation is disinformation. It's not just that they make an innocent mistake, because all the innocent mistakes.
Speaker 2: Seem to be in the one direction.
Speaker 3: So it's always these mistakes that are made to push a certain agenda. So to me, the misinformation is almost always also disinformation. Now I want to play you a little clip of Donald Trump and Virginia Senate candidate Hong Cow. They visited the Vietnamese community in Falls Church, and it was a bit of a love in.
Speaker 4: Vietnamese community loves me and I love them.
Speaker 3: I mean, long, long ago, the Democrats took all these different minority communities for granted. They just presumed the bulk of minorities would back them.
Speaker 2: Those days are over.
Speaker 3: We've seen that with the Hispanic community, many segments of the Asian community. Is this a change that is going to turn the polls. I don't think there's been enough analysis on how minorities are going to vote in this election.
Speaker 4: It's interesting, well, the second of the Vidmese community specifically before I talk about the Asia community writ large, but the vineam Is happens to have always voted more Republican and the rest Asian community over fifty percent historically. When in twenty sixteen the Asian community has voted it surprisingly only eighteen percent voted Republican twenty sixteen. Now in only eight years, sorry, in only four years, in twenty twenty right, four years later, this might have been the most massive turnaround in the history of minorities. So there's been a significant change in the Asian community. I think it's going to make a massive difference. What's interesting is now, why, right, why are we seeing this change now? I think there are very specific reasons. First of all, I think they happen to be in California, in New York where there's extremely high crime rates, particularly the Bay Area. They've noticed, they've seen where the crime is coming from, who is abetting the crime, and who is making excuses for the crime. I eat the Left. I think another important data point is this the whole idea of the hatred of the left and its hatred of success. Asian community is a symbol of success in our country. They are on the highest earners in our country. They are a successful minority. I think they don't like being demonized for the success. Excuse me, particularly when it comes to college admissions and even high school admissions. Right there has been a concerted effort to demote Asians from success, from successful placement in successful high schools, elementary schools, and certainly colleges. Famously, Harvard has specifically tried to stop Asians from coming in. They're the only minority with a negative coefficient at Harvard. In other words, the only minority that being a minority has actually harmed them, not helped them outside the Jewish community. And this has not gone unnoticed.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and they are damaged.
Speaker 3: I think the Asian community has learned these DEI policies that are supposed to help minorities actually damage them. As you mentioned with Harvard and some of these Ivy League colleges, for an Asian student to gain admission, they have to do so much better than just about every other demographic. Hispanic students, black students, even the white students. They are discriminated against that much because they're studios. They study, and they record good results, and of course you've got to be punished for that now before you go. Democrat Congresswoman Rashida Talib shared this clip of John Stewart criticizing the DNC for not having Palestinian voices at the event.
Speaker 2: Have a look at the clip.
Speaker 4: They had Black Americans, Hispanic Americans, Asian Americans, Gay Americans, Jewish Americans, Palestinian Well, oh, to be fair, it was only four nights, eight hours a night.
Speaker 1: But really it's.
Speaker 10: Best not to think about the consequences of our actions over there.
Speaker 2: Amie, what's your response to that?
Speaker 4: That is highly disappointing. Obviously, John Stewart a Democratic supporter but also a prominent Jewish person who has support Israel in the past. The consequences of what we're doing there, Rita. Yeah, that's highly disturbing. The idea that the consequence of what we're doing there, Rita is helping Israel defend itself from a terrorist regime. That the consequences of what we're doing there, for him to spin that as a negative is really disturbing, upsetting.
Speaker 1: Don't like to see that.
Speaker 4: And frankly, I think of Rasha Talaeib is amplifying your voice. I think you have to look in the mirror say maybe I'm going down the wrong road here.
Speaker 2: That is very good advice there.
Speaker 3: If you're on the same page as her and the rest of the squad, you need to reassess your life choices. Me Horowitz, thank you so much for your time this evening and still to come. Student activists at Monash University demand reparations from Israel.
Speaker 14: Doctor David Edler joins me, you're watching.
Speaker 2: The Rita Panehy show.
Speaker 3: Just a few weeks after Marine Ferruki refuse to condemn terrorist group. Hamas, the Green's Deputy leader, will be part of a Senate committee into anti Semitism at Australian universities.
Speaker 10: Does Hamas need to be dismantled.
Speaker 2: The Palestinians need to decide where they want to go.
Speaker 1: So if they choose Hamas, that's okay.
Speaker 7: And what can I say?
Speaker 15: I should have been dismantled.
Speaker 13: Hamas is an organization that exists in the.
Speaker 4: Regeneral You're able to say where you'd like to see them go on.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's not up to Mitch.
Speaker 3: She has also previously accused the Coalition of and I quote, trying to weaponize anti Semitism to attack those who are standing up to Israel's genocide in Gaza. So is she on this committee to further her own anti Israel agenda to downplay the rise of anti Semitism. Let's ask my next guest, doctor David Adler, President of the Australian Jewish Association, Doctor Adler, how is the Jewish community reacting to this development?
Speaker 12: Rita?
Speaker 15: I think that it's universally seen as quite an absurd, bizarre appointment. You'd be hard pressed to find a less suitable candidate in Australian Parliament for this particular role. She has a dreadful track record, as do the Greens generally. By the way, they are the only political party in this country which has, for example, rejected the gold standard definition of anti Semitism, the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance definition. But Marine Ferruki is a radical activist in this space. I mean, we have pictures of her wearing a kafir with a revolutionary fist in the air. We have pictures off her associating with some of the most radical activists, including a couple that have been charged with serious criminal offenses. So maybe this is an attempt to sabotage the role of the committee. Who knows.
Speaker 3: Now the student Council at Monash University has called a general meet and to discuss whether to support an immediate and just enter Israel's war in Gaza. I'm sure Benjamin Nettaya, who's just waiting with bated breath to see what these activist students are thinking. The students want a permanent withdrawal of Israeli troops and enter what they call eighteen year long blockade and reparations to be paid for the reconstruction of Gaza. They also want to call upon the university to reveal and cut all ties with companies and institute involved in the development and manufacturing of weapons used by the IDF. Now we had a similar meeting at University of Sydney earlier in the month, and that descended into utter chaos. You had the pro Israeli speakers abused, spat on and remarkably at Sydney UNI, they're students voted not to condemn her mass. Are we going to see similar scenes admnash?
Speaker 15: Look, it's an interesting question. They've actually introduced in their procedures a strategy which might prevent the disruption, because in order to attend this particular meeting, a student needs to pre register. So this may be a tactic to keep away the Jewish students in the university. I mean, who would want to hand over their details to the leaders who are pushing this activism. I wonder whether the student organization there knows that their university is named after a very prominent Australian Jew, Sir John Monash, arguably one of Australia's best ever military leaders and doctor Adler.
Speaker 3: I would not give them ideas because the next campaign will be to rename Monash University and then everything else that's named Monash in this city, of.
Speaker 2: Which there is quite a lot.
Speaker 3: Before you go, just quickly, Foreign Minister Penny Wong has urged the Middle East to de escalate its tensions. She's tweeted, Australia is gravely concerned at the prospect of escalation in the Middle East.
Speaker 2: Further hostility has put.
Speaker 3: Tens of thousands of civilians in Lebanon and Israel at risk. We urge all involved actors to exercise restraint and de escalate. But it's notable there she doesn't mention terrorist organizations like Hezbulla, who seemed to be behind the escalation. I've only got thirty seconds. How has Penny Wong handled her portfolio when it comes to the Middle East?
Speaker 15: On this issue, She's been possibly our worst ever foreign minister. And you've nailed the context. There was intelligence that the US and Israel had that Hesbola was about to launch anywhere from one thousand to six thousand rockets and new avs Israel struck, and so to make that sort of outrageous statement without any reference at all to the cause is not fulfilling the sort of leadership duty we expect of our politicians.
Speaker 2: Well, sir, doctor David Adlai, thank you for your time.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 2: That's it from me. Up next is Newsnight. I'll see you at eleven tomorrow,