Speaker 1: This podcast is being recorded and produced on Gallical Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and elders past present.
Speaker 1: We extend our respect to any First Nations Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people joining us.
Speaker 2: Today, always was, always will be Aboriginal Land.
Speaker 1: Well, Matt, while you've been gallivanting around the entire country on the Kylie tour. Yes, there's another trend that I have seen pop up on TikTok, and I thought, you can tell me how you view this certain thing. Okay, So the trend is everyone is talking about and showing how they view and group the months of the year together.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, have you seen it? I have?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So for context if anyone hasn't seen it, obviously, we've got the twelve months in the year January, February, March and so on. But in our minds we all uniquely group months together for different parts of the year. How do you group yours? And you might have to write it down in a note, Matt, so that you can like actually map it out, and I'll do the same.
Speaker 2: Okay, I feel like I know exactly how I'm gonna do this though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because do it write them in their groups?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, have in mine as well? All right, then should we interesting? I feel quite this is quite an interesting way I've set it out.
Speaker 1: Okay, you do yours first, we'll go through your whole year of how you group them, okay, and then we'll do mine.
Speaker 2: So in my head, when I think about how the year should progress, we've got January, February March. That's that's a lump. Okay, that's a lump together the three months. Then April May is like season two.
Speaker 1: Okay. I'm gonna like tick or cross if I'm the same or different.
Speaker 2: Okay, So January, February, March are all that's a chunk of the year. Then the next chunk would be April May. Yeah, they just work well together. Yeah, Next chunk June July. Yeah, that just makes sense in my brain. Next chunk August, September. Yeah, and then final chunk October, November, December altogether.
Speaker 1: Oh okay. So mine starts exactly like yours, but then it goes different.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So the three first chunks of mine and yours are the same. So I see it as January, February March is one era of the year. Then April May those two together, that's my birthday time as well. April and May are together. Hannah's shaken a head. June July by themselves like June and July together. Ye, August is on its own.
Speaker 2: Okay, Like I would agree with that.
Speaker 1: Though I see August as a random fuck off month. And why does everyone have so many birthdays in August? I don't know. I feel like I know so many people that have birthday in that time of year.
Speaker 2: Well, probably because some Christmas holidays that's when they were conceived.
Speaker 1: Probably, So August is on its own. It could be tied in with June and July, like June July August, but I'm seeing August on its own. Then September October are together, and November and December are together.
Speaker 2: For me see as an October birthday, Yeah, I can't be connected to September why And I love I love September, but September just feels like we're still recovering from August, whereas October is where shit really kicks off again for the year. Because October you've got Halloween coming.
Speaker 1: Up, So how'd you do yours? October? November, December, Yeah, the.
Speaker 2: Last three months of the year, it's like season finale vibes. You got all the holidays coming up. You got Christmas, You've got Thanksgiving. If you're in America, you got Halloween. Like it's like holiday season.
Speaker 1: See. I see September and October together, and then November and December together. But even I would go as far as saying December is almost on its own because that's like the best month of the year.
Speaker 2: To me, No, you're wrong. I think mine makes the most sense truly, although I will admit I do agree on August. August does give loser.
Speaker 1: Loser.
Speaker 2: August gives loser the loser month of the year.
Speaker 1: Another thing that we're going to do is we're going to screenshot these and put them in the broadcast channel, and then everyone's going to vote who is right.
Speaker 2: Okay, but we'll probably put it up before the episode goes live so that they don't know who's is who's.
Speaker 1: Okay yep, Yeah, we'll have to remind ourselves to do that.
Speaker 2: On Thursday, we'll forget that broadcast channel. Let's talk about it. Oh my god, I'm so sorry, scrollers. I feel like I've just let the team down. So to speak.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it both being busy.
Speaker 2: It was a strong start, but now I might it comes.
Speaker 1: And goes and ear comes and goes in waves. It always always what are you singing?
Speaker 2: Hillsong?
Speaker 1: No, it's fucking whatever. That guy's name is?
Speaker 2: Who do you know that song? Hand?
Speaker 1: Dean Lewis?
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know who that is.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure that's his song.
Speaker 2: Also, do you know Conrad Sul?
Speaker 1: I know the name, but like, what's the song? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I just saw. I thought he was a big I thought he was a real big name, like Conrad Seoul. Maybe I'm thinking, oh no, maybe I'm thinking of Callum. No, who's the one?
Speaker 1: Who?
Speaker 2: Yem? Okay, don't worry. Who the fuck's Conrade school? Could you go get a good girl? Anyway? I saw he's doing a regional tour. Who Conrad Seoul? But but hang on, I thought, is he the old YouTuber?
Speaker 1: No, that's Connor Maynard.
Speaker 2: Fuck, I'm all confused, all right with that Conrad Soul, he's thirty six. I don't know who the fuck is that? Yeah? Sorry, Conrad Seoul he's doing the doing it.
Speaker 1: He's an Australian singer and songwriter. Okay, Conrad vocals on fire Stone. Is that that song hat's a Lie Fire's doll anyway?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got no idea, Sorry, I just can't Conrad s I thought he was Connor Maynard or what.
Speaker 1: Was the other's mad doing original.
Speaker 2: Comrade is but I thought Contrad Sul was knd of Maynard and Callum Scott was all the same that.
Speaker 1: I don't know who that is.
Speaker 2: He sings he did Robin Yeah, dancing on my Own. Also, fun, fun little fact for you is before Kylie Minogue's shows Dancing on my Own, the Robin version is the last song to play. Like, when that song starts, it's like her, Remember Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift had Applause by Lady Gaga. That's her last song.
Speaker 1: Pay Lady Gaga for that.
Speaker 2: I would say so. But also if I was Lady Gaga, I would not be climbing up Taylor Swift Street because the Primo Baby. Every time anyone listens to Applause.
Speaker 1: Now they think of Taylor Swift and they.
Speaker 2: Would like that, like they will probably stream it to get that feeling, you know what I mean. So I think like, if Taylor Swift is using your music, I think you just keep quiet because it's probably doing more for you then you think. Not that lady. I'm not saying like lady got a small indie artist, but like, do you know what I mean? Just think, don't bite the feet, don't bite the feet, hand the feet, don't bite the hand. Don't know.
Speaker 1: Just then you remind me that little kid.
Speaker 2: It's like you you you you do?
Speaker 3: You know that?
Speaker 2: When did that mean? When? When? When? When you? When? You? When?
Speaker 1: Can you place that?
Speaker 2: When you? When?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 1: You? You?
Speaker 2: Could?
Speaker 1: You do?
Speaker 2: You? You want you you could do so you you do you could?
Speaker 4: You you you?
Speaker 2: When you.
Speaker 1: That you?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's been a long week. Can you please tell the story without giving any details of what of what you had to witness me doing yesterday?
Speaker 1: They yeah, sorry, I've like twisted it.
Speaker 2: There we go.
Speaker 1: Yesterday Matt got to the hotel and he was giving me flashbacks to when I was doing the same job as him.
Speaker 2: See, you're a belcher, told.
Speaker 1: You because he had a sponsored content to film a piece of sponsored content film. Sorry I should say that, you are so me When I was doing your job, I.
Speaker 3: Was like, oh, coming, I got a film there like that was me, when in reality it takes you like fucking five minutes, and I'm like, okay, come on, let's do it.
Speaker 1: Like we were downstairs like having the lobster roll thing. I'm like, let's go up while the sun is still up and you can do this quick little video. And you're like, nah, noa, I'm trying to put it off until tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Fuck up, You're acting like I just like couldn't be by because I couldn't be bothered, Darling. I've been I've been around the country for ten days. I'd woken up, I got to bed at six a m. That morning, woke up at nine am to go to the airport.
Speaker 1: Go to bed at six as Sydney.
Speaker 2: But we've been through it, the adrenaline, the Parliament, it all come on.
Speaker 5: So for a day I have been an influenza that I was like ungrateful and just being like oh and can't be bothered doing it.
Speaker 2: Was just like, today's not the day, baby. If I do it tomorrow, you're gonna get a much better video out of it, because I just can't. I don't have the energy right now to do it. It wasn't like I was like, oh my god, try me an influencer for.
Speaker 1: It, but you did it at the end of the day.
Speaker 2: Yes, while you sat on the fucking floor and drunk red wine out of the bottle like a fucking slob. So some of us are busy working, Hey it was I'd work.
Speaker 1: That day in a fucking canot do a thousand people, thank you very much. On a Sunday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the other thing. It was a sunday. I should have had the day off. Technically it's a weekend, so fuck you for that. But yes, it was hilarious because I and I was under pressure. See most of my sponsored videos and stuff I filmed by myself, because it's creating when someone else is in the room with you and you're like.
Speaker 1: You know, might have judge, ib been there and done that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, except you did judge, and you put me all over your close friends. Trying to get a.
Speaker 1: Little close friends story with close friends on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which when we started this podcast, I think we mentioned that you like, don't use close friends, no.
Speaker 1: But now, well now I do. And we posted a couple of stories yesterday on it.
Speaker 2: Yes, I've heard drinking wine on the floor, red one on the floor while I'm in the background trying.
Speaker 1: To I was on the floor because I was trying to hide so in the background and video. But then I got in it. And you're going to give the brand two versions, one with me in it and one without. And if I was them, I would take the one.
Speaker 3: With me in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I didn't have to pay me a cent. Yeah, and my face is with their brand.
Speaker 2: Hopefully they love it. Yeah, let me know anyway, like today, Yeah maybe because I actually haven't sent it was due at nine am and I haven't sent it yet. But I feel like I could probably film a better version today. You reckon, do you know what I mean? That's why I was like I can't be by that, because I was like, this isn't going.
Speaker 1: To be edited and see how it turns out. Then you could always do another one.
Speaker 2: True. True. I was just so tired. I need a holiday from the holiday. Not that it's been a holiday, but like I need a holiday from after the tour. Where are we going? Fuck, we've got another I'm thinking about America as well. That's gonna be up this year. I need to get all that traveling done because my body can't even keep up. I'm done after this. I'm never leaving the country.
Speaker 1: You've already spoken about this on the pod. Haven't we about how you feel like this is your last year that you can ever travel because your body is cherryactic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm standing by that still. I mean, I've traveled a round Australia the last week and I'm like, fucking nell, get me to a day spa, get me, get me, get me out of here. I'm gonna said, everybody, get me out of here. Can't do it anymore. And I've got another week to go, by the way, so we'll see how I am next Monday. I'll really be a shell of human but thinking about America and how much we have because I just don't think I've I've lost the knack of like an itinery like I've lost so back when I was younger. No, let's actually problem it is, and you know what, fuck off, I don't care. I've got first world problems. Shove it up your ears. So basically, when I was younger, I had to be like so independent that like if you, I was the I was the planner of the trip. I knew every transfer we needed I needed. I knew every place we needed to be in, every address off by heart, like the itinery maker of the group was me. I was like, right, people's got to be here at the airport this time, blah blah blah. Now it is a first world problem, but I think that, like, I'm blessed with having so many people around me that actually have to know what I need to do. Mm hm that. Now going to America is really fucking scary because I'm like, how do I pick up my Coacheller tickets? Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Well, I've been before and it's really easy, I.
Speaker 2: Know, but it's really confusing. On the website that says they're going to mail it.
Speaker 1: Out to us, I'd order them via mail and they literally get shipped to your door. But if you're doing the collection just at the hotels in like the big conference rooms that you can hire out, they just have like all signs and you go there and you go up to the table and say your name and they give you the thing.
Speaker 2: See, I don't feel confident with that. I feel like I'm going to get there and they're going to go I'm sorry, we mailed them out and too bad.
Speaker 1: You've got the you've got the email with your name on it, they will give you a ticket, Okay, Well.
Speaker 2: That makes me feel better. But I but like the itinery of it.
Speaker 1: All, Like I just well, I've started our shared note and I've put everything in categories.
Speaker 2: Because all the inn now that I think about, all the international trips that I've done pretty much since the pandemic have been organized for me.
Speaker 1: Because you did a Kentii No, no, the Kentigui was before.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, like, I went to Bali with Instagram, Like Instagram took me to Bali great, amazing, love it, fabulous experience. But I didn't have to worry about a thing. They were like, just come to the airport at this time. And then someone chauffeured me too, the bloody thing. And then as I got over there, there were transfers to where I needed to go.
Speaker 5: We score.
Speaker 1: I can be the planner, Yeah, I mean, but you know.
Speaker 2: I just yeah, like to be in control. So it's stressing.
Speaker 1: Get planning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, We're gonna have to figure that out anyway. That is what it is. Are you excited, because yes, okay, good you don't you don't sound excited.
Speaker 1: I am excited, but I'm very busy. So I just get excited for a trip, like the day fucking before let me get through work for the next two months, and then I'll get excited.
Speaker 2: The trip has to get me through work. What that's the difference? What do you mean like the trip Like You're like, I can't think about it for two months, whereas I think about it every day.
Speaker 1: I'm the opposite. I'm like, let me get through all the challenges of the next two months at work and then I'll go, bye, girls, I'm fucking going. And then when I'm at the airport, I get excited for the holiday. Same when we went to Queensland, I'm like, are you excited? I'm like, no, this week work has been fucked, but I'm excited once I'm like on the way or once I'm there.
Speaker 2: Okay, and you've been using a lot of those seven million X points, haven't you. Yes.
Speaker 1: I booked all of our flights using the points and I still got points left, and.
Speaker 2: You've upgraded and all, haven't you. Yep. So I'll be waving to you from Economy.
Speaker 1: AJ's flowing business before, but only like you know, like mini business when you kind of just at the front and it's not like full full business. So this is his first time being in like proper business. Class, So I'm excited for him. Yeah, but no one him because he sleeps the whole flight economy. So he'll just get on and I can. He'll sleep the whole time because.
Speaker 2: At least it can lay flat.
Speaker 1: True, but I feel like when you're spending so much on business class, well obviously we're to spend points, you got to like be awake for at least half of it to like enjoy the experience. So he's just gonna fucking sleep through the whole thing. But anyway, I'm excited for him.
Speaker 2: So if I've learned anything, it's to rack up some fucking MX points because this bitch is fine business. And I'll be in row forty two seat D.
Speaker 1: Actually, can I just say before we go as well? Just speaking of like flights, I don't know if I've ever said this on the pod, but one of the worst experiences ever for me was one time that I was going to America, like years and years and years ago for some brand thing. But I was like just in economy, but like they had shouted me, so that was lovely. The flight was absolutely full. I was just in economy. I got on and I was on like an aisle seat or maybe I was the middle, which was even worse. Sat down, my screen was like server error, server err blah blah blah. And I'm like, oh, that's okay, I'll figure it out once we take off or whatever. So like the safety demonstration, like I couldn't seat on the screen, it just was like an error message. And then when we were finally up in the air, I was like, excuse me, like, you know, my screen isn't working, like can you fix it or whatever? And like they must. They tried to fix it, and they were like, oh, sorry, we can't blah blah blah, Like can I move to another seat? And they're like this is a full flight, like every seat on this plane is taken, so unfortunately, there's nothing we can do. And this was the direct flight LA fifteen hours. I didn't have anything on my phone or the top that I could watch. I raw dogged a flight.
Speaker 2: Actually, like that actually made my stomach just yes, that's.
Speaker 1: Right, Hannah raw dogs every flight. You're a fucking freak. Sorry, but I'm bringing back bullying right now. See I was, Hannah, what the fuck?
Speaker 2: What do you like?
Speaker 1: I was? I was It was like I was in a torch chamber. Just staring at this screen. And I was even watching the person next to me iPad and I couldn't hear what they were watching, but I was watching it and I had no music, nothing. I was raw dogging for fifteen hours. And I can't sleep on a plane, you do, No, I can't sleep on a plane. Love sleep on a plane, sleep sitting up. A j can sleep on a plane. So well, he falls asleep before we've even taken off.
Speaker 2: He's got his.
Speaker 1: Head chinned down, and I'm like, they haven't even started taken off yet. Fucking freaks, all of yours, Hannah, why do you roar dog a flight? Like? What's your reasoning? Please?
Speaker 4: I think it stems from a weird anxiety of not wanting to touch the touch screen and I don't understand like those little headphones, and I get used to get really stressed about it.
Speaker 1: The headphones are really like tinny.
Speaker 4: So I like to watch the screen of the person diagonal from me and just watch their movie silently. And I do this on a twenty four hour to Europe. I've done it the last three years and it's my one day year to just like meditate.
Speaker 1: But do you like read a book?
Speaker 4: I take my kindle so I'll read a little bit. But yeah, I don't like to watch screens. I guess I kindle is a screen, but you know what I mean, like what shows and stuff nuts.
Speaker 1: It's so weird.
Speaker 4: It's like a weird anxiety tick that I don't want to. Like, look like you have noise canceling headphones on. No see the noise of a plane, the kids fucking screaming, like the sniffing, the fucking coughing, Like it drives me insane. I don't enjoy it.
Speaker 1: It's just what I have to do. Hammah between your fucking watermelon trauma and this. I know, I think you need to go and get some help.
Speaker 2: Honestly, you need to go and get some help. Like I roared off to my flight back from Melbourne the other day and that was one hour and I was like, because well, basically this is this is why I was so like, I can't film this video. I'm so exhausted. I got on that fly and I uh put my headphones on. Now, this is the funniest part is like the plane makes like plain noises, right, They're kind of like a brown noise. So in my headphones I put brown noise on. So I was listening to brown noise in my headphones while on a flight where it's like creating brown noise anyway, standed out the window for the whole flight. Had my kindle could have listened to music, Nah, I just went just I just want silence. And I don't think I thought about anything that whole time, Like I actually don't remember thinking. I actually don't remember thinking. I don't think I thought a thought for the hour. And it was the most peaceful hour, and Sky was It wasn't like Sky was next to me. He bid for an upgrade and won the bloody upgrade, which, by the way, does it and does no one know about that? I've spoken about it on the podcast ages ago. But when I spoke about I bid for an upgrade for the flight to Perth and I got it, and everyone was like, what is this? I've never heard of It is no one getting the email.
Speaker 1: So we get an email to be like, do you want to bid? And this is the and bid you have to bid minimum three hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 2: No, well, I mean maybe for international flights. My Perth one was only like seventy five bucks.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, business upgrade for seventy five bucks, so you've already paid for the ticker, and then you can bid to go to business class. If they don't sell all the business class seats, they just take the highest bidders. But I always bid the lowest or like ten dollars above. So if the biding starts at fifty dollars, I'll do like sixty five dollars max.
Speaker 1: See, I'm from Newcastle, so we don't have business class. Ah, true, new Me Airport no such thing as business class. It's all economy, is there?
Speaker 2: No lounge?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Wait? So flights don't even land there that have a business class in them.
Speaker 1: I don't so like certainly no flights going out really have business class, Like most of the planes are so small. It's just economy the whole way. But exciting news, everybody. If you watch my YouTube channel, you would already know this because I've logged it. But they're building an international terminal at Newcastle Airport. It's finishing this year. Really yeah, but this is just a rumor that I heard, but like I just heard it on the rumor mill. Apparently apparently, fucking hell. Apparently the international flights and who knows where we're going to be able to fly from there, maybe like Bali Figi whatever. Apparently they still all go like via Brisbane or via Sydney, so it's really the fucking same, but you just don't have to get your luggage in Sydney. But I'm hoping that is just a rumor and that you can quite literally fly from Newcastle to Bali direct without needing to go to Sydney or whatever. But yeah, that's really cool for Nui, even if you still have to go via Sydney or whatever, because I guess you don't have to drive to Sydney and worry about your luggage down there.
Speaker 2: Nah, it's still pissed me off, I reckon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but hopefully apparently it's happening that international terminal. It's on my vlog on my channel. I showed you it and it's opening this year and then we might have a lounge at Newcastle Airport because we've never had a lounge. It's literally got like four gates Newcastle.
Speaker 2: Kind I've ever flown out of Newcastle.
Speaker 1: It's tiny.
Speaker 2: But now I have to come up to Newcastle one day and we'll just take a flight somewhere. Yeah, it just I'm really into the outback at the moment. Okay, I want to go like Darwin vibes. I think a broom broom situation. Yeah, Darwin, that's out back. Wouldn't you say? I want to go back to LaRue? Do that again. I'm in my out back era.
Speaker 1: Well, you're going to have to hurry up because this is your last year of traveling for your whole life.
Speaker 2: So no, I could I could do. Oh yeah, no, We'll have a winter bager. I'll be able to do traveling around the country. Oh nice. And you know I'll be able to pop to I want to clarify, be able to pop to New Zealand and Fiji and whatnot. But you know, you couldn't catch me backpacking through Europe et cetera, et cetera and lug in a suitcase around. There'd be none of that. See. I want to go to saying to Toby last night. Actually, I want to go to Europe. Do it all now this year, so then in the future I've done all the I've done all the you know, the Colisseum and the everything, I've done, all the sites. I want to do all the sites this year so that next year or not next year. It'll probably be a few years away till you can, you know, afford to go again. But then it's like, well, let's go to Greece for two weeks. Matt.
Speaker 1: You're just hilarious. This whole thing of you saying that this is your last year traveling is the biggest piece of shit I've ever fucking heard. You're going to travel for the rest of your fucking life.
Speaker 2: But it's traveling like travel travel, you know what I mean. There's a difference. Vacationing and traveling are two very different things. Going on going on a holiday is very different to.
Speaker 1: Traveling in my mind, and get what you're saying.
Speaker 2: If I go on a holiday to Greece, I'm going to eat food, law on a beach, have drinks, have cocktails and just have fun. Traveling to me is right colisseum here, leaning Tower, here, Mona Lisa here.
Speaker 1: You want to do all the touristy sh I got to.
Speaker 2: Go to the Eiffel Tower, got to got to Anne Frank's house, love you know, blah blah blah. That's traveling. To me. A holiday is Fiji, Darling. We're going to the south of France. We're going on a holiday.
Speaker 1: I gotcha. By the way, Matte, this is a close Friends episode, I know.
Speaker 2: But last week's episode, Hannah, I don't know what the fuck went on with us last week was twelve fucking minutes long, and I felt really bad about that.
Speaker 1: Twelve minutes with Xander.
Speaker 2: Yeah, actually Xander, fuck off Sander. Twelve minutes long? Oh it was with Hannah. Anyway, I went, that's our close Friends episode. Need to be worth listening to, because don't forget as well. I mean, I don't know if anyone's like me, but I listened on one point eight speed. Yeah, so that's this almost that's a six minute episode. Why I fucking bother? You're pissing on my leg. So I thought we'll give you a long one today. He's a long close episode, Close Friends episode. Well, it's twenty six minutes, but once Hannah cuts down all our bullshit, it'll be a good eighteen So anyway, thanks for listening, scrollers. Hope you enjoyed this longer episode, and if you did, let us know in the broadcast channel so that Hannah knows that you want a little bit more. I think it's like I feel twenty fifteen, twenty minutes. Yeah, that's a good twelve minutes. Was a little rogue of it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, see you next Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, see you next Tuesday.