Speaker 1: Good morning, Melbourne Way Way, Jason Lawrence, start your morning the right away.
Speaker 2: Gonna be great, gonna be a good day.
Speaker 3: This is Jason Lauren on. No, you're one hundred well, good morning everybody, and will how are we?
Speaker 4: We're good, We're good. Mum's not feeling well today.
Speaker 5: No, I'm not one hundred percent, said to the team, not feeling one hundred percent, and about four people like me.
Speaker 2: I don't may, I don't me either. I think there's a bit going around the rhinovirus. No, now, who do we know that had that.
Speaker 4: One of my kids had the rhinovirus?
Speaker 3: Was a rhino?
Speaker 4: You know Patty and Selmore on the Simpsons. It sounds like they smoked pacadats.
Speaker 2: Like Laaryngeugh, you vapor?
Speaker 3: You've been vaping? You tell me he wasn't vapor. No, it was the runner. What will make you feel better? You don't what it'll be, but make you feel better. A muff will get your muff today, excuse me? A muffin from across their way too? Is it too early to be DipEd?
Speaker 2: Some fruit and veggies and some armor force.
Speaker 5: Perhaps that seems to be the thing that brings everybody back to life.
Speaker 3: Well, you always fuss over us when we're sick, so we're going to fuss over you. Yes, so you tell us what what you want. We're gonna need a drip. Could get ivy.
Speaker 2: The range rage.
Speaker 5: God can be a long thought. It was Thursday when I woke up Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Oh god, oh god, she doesn't know where she is. We've moved on to stage two. It's a quick virus.
Speaker 4: What's what's the worst You've ever been sick?
Speaker 5: When I had influenza h b A, I thought I was gonna die.
Speaker 2: I got pneumonia from it.
Speaker 5: I was like I couldn't I couldn't swallow without having like water in my mouth. So I had to line my bed with a cup with a straw in it. And every time I wanted to well to have a six, my throat was like on fire.
Speaker 3: Was bad. I had the.
Speaker 4: Mumps and meningitis at the same time. Remember my balls went to the size of grapefruits.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's sick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, no, no, drivel grapefruits. Sorry, sorry, sorry, grapes. That's not ideal.
Speaker 4: So they either the glands in your next well or the blands down there.
Speaker 3: And I had to go in and bow.
Speaker 4: No, well, I've got a fat neck anyway, so I think in your pants cutting them.
Speaker 3: It was terrible.
Speaker 2: Do we want to hear that?
Speaker 3: I would hobble into the hospital right.
Speaker 2: In a gown.
Speaker 4: No, just like I could wear pants, no wonders. I just had to lose loose shorts and then I would go in and get put on a drip every couple of days, just.
Speaker 2: Because it wasn't you have giant balls.
Speaker 4: For about two weeks, Lauren, the most degrading thing in my life. I get, I'm in the ear, I'm laying down on the little stretcher thing, and the doctors like, can you pull down your pants? And he goes, I'm sorry, I just have to get some clients. Some other doctors have a look at this, and then the other doctors because they were all like, they are massive.
Speaker 3: Did you thank you?
Speaker 2: Big bull is a good thing?
Speaker 4: No, not like that, that big is big?
Speaker 2: Yeah, big bulls from coughing.
Speaker 4: Actually, belly once she's almost dying, I'm walking around with huge na balley.
Speaker 5: Belly makes you feel like you're in the diet when you're throwing up and keeping herself on the bathroom floor in the shower at the same time.
Speaker 3: It's like hearing the queen's swear.
Speaker 2: Honestly, it's the only way to describe it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was at the hotel and I did both in the bed that was.
Speaker 2: It's a situation.
Speaker 3: If ever, it was everything. Do you know I had a friend.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: When you're sitting on the bottom of the shower and you're like, I don't know what's going to happen, and you just sit on the floor, Please feel better, and you think, I promise, I promise, I'll be more grateful when I feel better.
Speaker 2: I promise I'll appreciate feeling well.
Speaker 3: I promise I drink my body really well.
Speaker 2: I promise.
Speaker 4: Should we go to electric Yeah, I mean you do. Don't you sit there. I'm going to turn my life.
Speaker 5: I'm never going to be ungrateful for feeling well again.
Speaker 2: It is funny when you're not well. You do have that thought, don't you.
Speaker 4: I've got I reckon above all of us. One of my wife's friends has done something much worse than all of us when it comes.
Speaker 2: To in the bed at the same time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's horrific. You know what, I'll tell you after the next song, because you're going to need to.
Speaker 2: I want to hear it. I'm not feeling well.
Speaker 3: No, no, this should feel better. Feel better balls.
Speaker 2: Grapefruit size if you don't.
Speaker 3: Mind, good morning, but let's get into it. This is never well.
Speaker 2: The song's really grown on me.
Speaker 3: My two year old loves it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he can speak, but he can now the apparently apparently it's a drinking game, which I think that.
Speaker 5: The drinking game is very responsible. I wouldn't do that, especially when I was eighteen. I wouldn't have got into that at all.
Speaker 4: Oh god, no, we used to play the drinking game watching that show twenty four with Keith sub.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah out twenty four.
Speaker 4: So the clock anytime you went damn it, you know how used.
Speaker 3: To say damn it.
Speaker 2: That's the sip.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've been watching The Diplomat Guys episode second season of The Diplomat.
Speaker 2: If you liked twenty four, you'd like The Diplomat.
Speaker 4: No, I want to get good this weekend the Jackal.
Speaker 2: I've heard that's good.
Speaker 4: Yep, you're on the air with Margaret and David reviewing all the big show. We are doing it thanks to our mate of what If It Is? Aussie for travel. How I didn't get to mention before. But we've got a huge show coming up today. Your chance to get to Canada and be at the closing show of one Taylor Swift. We'll give you a chance to get on the standby list and draft night tonight.
Speaker 5: Tonight's the night all these nervous seventeen year old eighteen year old kid yeah question find out what their future. Some hearts will be made and some will be broken.
Speaker 4: Obviously you wouldn't publicly talk about it, but surely clubs starts throwing the season towards the end if they've just chacked.
Speaker 3: No, you can't be tanking. Victorian Club many years ago involving tanking or allegations for tanking and it didn't end well. Club Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Anyway, they get a number one draft pick.
Speaker 4: I think it was the Jack Trendove and the Kangaroos have been shanking for a number of years tanking.
Speaker 3: Our guests could end up at Arden Street Foss finn O'Sullivan and he's going to join us.
Speaker 5: It's going to be the next big thing. There's a bit of a funny thing about the number one draft pick, isn't it though? That it's like such a big thing hanging over your head that it's like mentally quite draining for these kids because the expectation of being number one is like huge.
Speaker 4: And then when you when you picked, then then the pressure kicks into yeah it's crazy. Hey, just quickly before we move on, we're talking about Lurie is not feeling the best this morning, a little.
Speaker 2: Under the weather. I've had nothing yet. I woke up. I'm having a coffee. That's my first medicine, trying that temperature.
Speaker 4: Can you put your hand on her forehead and her hat? So mom used to do this and she had a warm forehead. You know what's it like, Doctor Clint.
Speaker 2: I don't think you know what Doctor Clint's.
Speaker 3: Feeling his own forehead. To compare it, I think I'm.
Speaker 2: I think I got a temperature. No, a little bit Sorey got a story.
Speaker 4: It's going to make it feel better. Friend of Lou's who grew up with her, they've known for years. We went to dinner and she was explaining about something she just went through. They're currently living overseas. She's a mad cyclists. She's a click click, she's got the tap sticks. She got hit while out on the bar. Oh no, well, she was writing, went went down pretty hard, broke her jaw, which to me feels like the worst pain in the world.
Speaker 3: You ready for it?
Speaker 2: No, I'm not good.
Speaker 3: Why would you do this? Straw? Yeah, they had to wire her mouth shut. This happens.
Speaker 4: They wired her mouth shut to keep the jaw in place, right, like agree, almost like stitches.
Speaker 2: How did she eat?
Speaker 4: So she had a little hole for a straw for how long? I think it was a number of weeks. But then here's the here's the kicker.
Speaker 2: How can we get worse than that?
Speaker 4: The hospital said they gave her surgical scissors and wherever she went she had to carry them in case in case, if she vomited and she didn't have the scissors, she would die by choking on her own.
Speaker 3: Vomit happened to a friend, Jase, exactly the same stitch. You're kidding, knucking? How's your temperature still? I don't know if you're joking or not not joking. It happened. It's it's a it's a thing.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: I don't think she appreciated me.
Speaker 2: And me on a food ivy for a month.
Speaker 4: I'd be like, just put me out that's it. I'm done.
Speaker 2: You couldn't leave the hat.
Speaker 4: She's quite serious. And I was like, picture, it didn't didn't happen. I didn't get down the picture. She wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, the poor thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how's that bad?
Speaker 3: Who happened? They break the jaw? Yeah, break the jaw, that's exactly how they treated it. Stitch the mouth shut and had to drink through a straw. Yeah, carry the majors. I don't know what the scissors. But well you wouldn't try and undo it? Not? No, I mean try shoelaces.
Speaker 5: Imagine the panic, you know, when you're going to vomit, the panic When where am I going to go?
Speaker 2: What am I going to do? Imagine?
Speaker 4: And also being like and then the problem is and then if you cut the wire, then they've got to go on wire it or shut again.
Speaker 2: And try not to cut your tongue in the process. And I didn't like that.
Speaker 4: Good morning Melbourne. But doesn't it make you feel better now?
Speaker 2: Not really, it's only feel bit.
Speaker 3: That's an awful Did your big bulls hurt? Yeah? Yeah, if you're just joining us, sorry, I don't I don't mind not having context. No, no, no, I think I think we should do contact that's.
Speaker 2: Got the mumps and these balls with the size of grape.
Speaker 3: Friends, Well did they take to go there? It was a good ten days, was it? Yeah? Good ten days? And then you couldn't play a game for.
Speaker 2: Let anyone?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought that was eleven years ago. Is it safe to operate there?
Speaker 6: Can I?
Speaker 3: I go ahead and play. Hey, it's just gone thirteen past six. Let's check you around to work.
Speaker 4: Latest news coming up as well, and we're probing the pope PO a very important job the Victoria Police do. And there's a whole different range of areas of the cops. We've had the dog squad in before, the sog boys, the Special Operations Group, and coming up next the car crash Investigation Unit, joins us on nov. How it finally happened. I've heard the rumors that happens, but I finally witnessed it. My one of my sisters, ray Lee, and her husband headed off on an overseas trip yesterday, got bumped to business.
Speaker 3: They got free upgrade to business. Where have you never heard that?
Speaker 7: Just like?
Speaker 2: Did she put a points request?
Speaker 3: I'm not sure. They don't travel a lot.
Speaker 4: Where were they when they got the tap on the shoulder, Brisbane sighing out a Brisbane airport and I think they're heading Holland way.
Speaker 3: Because there's nothing holand Holland. Get your clogs out. There's nothing better than when you get into the gate and it says, and then they hand you a golden ticket, just a new boarding pass, and you go, thank you very much, Patricia.
Speaker 4: So, Patricia and the rest of the airline crew have just announced a new route that you can fly.
Speaker 3: I flying Kangaroo.
Speaker 4: It's a hard no from me. We're going to get to that in a sec. But first though, I would like to open the phone lines. Clint, you would say you travel a lot, A lot.
Speaker 3: I do. I'm in the air a lot thirteen twenty four ten.
Speaker 4: If you think you travel more than our very own Clint, A lot of people travel for work these days.
Speaker 2: Oh, you'd have to travel a lot to travel more than Clint.
Speaker 4: Thirteen twenty four to ten. Can you beat Clint in the amount of times you travel in one year on a plane. We'll come back. See what we get on the phones. Heads of the sky.
Speaker 3: Now, I see what you did there, Jays, I see what you did. How do you feel My favorite songs so good? Oh I love that? Do you know?
Speaker 5: I feel Colin's son now drums for him because he's not well, so he does he shows and feel Colin's son is.
Speaker 3: Drummer blew me away? When I found out Emily in.
Speaker 2: Paris handsome is he and Lily Collins is Emily in Paris?
Speaker 8: Ye?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Do we know who the family gorilla is in the Capriad while we're on this song?
Speaker 3: Do you remember?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you remember that?
Speaker 5: Speaking of gorillas? Though, I'm going that new Robbie Williams. He's coming out and he's played by a monkey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, weird.
Speaker 3: We digress.
Speaker 2: We do back to the airplace.
Speaker 3: Often we do story of our lives. Do you mind if we go back to the sky.
Speaker 2: Let's go. I want to hear about this new route.
Speaker 3: How would you like to fly direct from here to London? Oh?
Speaker 9: I'd love that.
Speaker 2: You can do it from perfect the moment. Longest route I think.
Speaker 3: Twenty hours long route plants very long. Expect to be airborne for twenty hours.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a lot.
Speaker 4: Project Sunrise also see direct flights from Australia to other European locations, as well as New York twenty hours.
Speaker 3: Is a lot.
Speaker 2: What is it to la now? It's fourteen?
Speaker 3: Yeah two, I did the Paris perp. That's isn't it eighteen? Were you over it?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: It's a lot.
Speaker 2: Man, you are the front.
Speaker 5: You've got enough points business, yeah, mate, and I had a good sleep on business. On a points upgrade, I'd fly for forty hours. People bring you food and champagne, and you watch movies and you can have a shower.
Speaker 3: Well, if you're looking for me, I'll be in row sixty.
Speaker 2: Three, twenty hours.
Speaker 3: That's having my thrombosis wiggler ankles. Yeah, sitting next to Harold who's farting the whole way. Oh, it happens a lot up there. It doesn't in the sky, they say Wednesdays.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they say I've heard this when the ground grew open, the door.
Speaker 3: The door opening for the first time. It's like one of the worst apparently, one of the most shocking wafts you'll ever hear, in close second to that flower in Geelong. Yeah, corp, so twenty hours in the sky A man, at least you're ripping the bandaid off. You're getting it done.
Speaker 4: See when we went out on our hangaros have.
Speaker 2: Multiple crews like a crew couldn't work for that long.
Speaker 3: They'd have to have like six of petrol.
Speaker 2: They speak six parts.
Speaker 4: It's probably not for six before two and two. I think at twenty hours everyone can have a hearn driving the player like flying. Yeah, you just do a little roster.
Speaker 5: Remember back in the day when you'd go on holidays and if you're a kid, they'd come and get you and say, do you want to come and look at it?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so exciting.
Speaker 3: It was not anymore yet. Rued set the fund out of that for everyone. Yeah, I remember, that's all I ever wanted to do. Sit in the cock pit. Yeah. We on our honeymoon we went to New York and I didn't know the flight times.
Speaker 2: And you know me, I'm not great for from here to Did you do Brisbane, La La, New York?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but so we've landed in La, so there's fourteen hours. Yeah, and you've traveled with me. I don't travel well.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 3: And then we got on the plane's still we're going on the plane in New York and I thought it's just around the corner. I thought it was two and a half hours six, isn't it sick? Yes?
Speaker 4: The two and a half hour mark. I'm thinking they haven't told the un to put their trade tables up there to land.
Speaker 3: I was putting forgotten, I'd put my shoes on. I'm like, put you.
Speaker 2: Another movie on darl and you can watch it.
Speaker 3: Devastated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, New York is a long way, twenty hours on one flight.
Speaker 4: Okay, can you beat Clint this morning? Our number is thirteen twenty four to ten.
Speaker 3: Do you fly a lot?
Speaker 5: So you do.
Speaker 3: I've got free stuff to go. I with my job at weekend today, I'm in their every weekend, so up and back. So that's bare minimum.
Speaker 2: So I don't remember one.
Speaker 5: Sorry to cut you off there, but at one point they made you go up on Friday, do the Today Show Saturday morning, then fly back at lunchtime to read the sports Saturday night, and then go back again late Saturday night for Sunday.
Speaker 4: And then to wait, wait, and then do Sunday weekend today, then fly back somehow and for a weekend, go into Channel nine to do the news that night and then come and deal with us on Monday. Yeah, you need a life, boy.
Speaker 3: It's like a prison sentence. But still those four flights, so I've done a little stock take just before you reveal the amount.
Speaker 4: If you do travel more than Clint, someone's going to walk away with a VP double part the Corfield Spring Final. Don't miss Peaking duct take over Corfield Spring Final November thirty for the nov Spring series following weekend you do shortthul though.
Speaker 2: I there would be people that go overseas every week, turn in.
Speaker 3: That sky every twist and turn like if you look down and go them up. Yep, there we are camera cough table with overshot. We're going by a woggle woggle. Oh right, that must be because we're too Sydney. Do you want me to reveal now?
Speaker 7: Yep?
Speaker 3: Done a stock take one hundred and eight eight flights. One hundred and eight flights. Oh it's a lot, isn't it from the airport.
Speaker 2: That's one hundred and eight drives. Well it's not really, it's fifty four. You need a private taylor. It's a lot.
Speaker 3: You must have a huge amount of point. Let me guess you've got some ready.
Speaker 5: Deal it's going to say to borrow some from a family member. I did you get your points upbraak when you went to the link cousin?
Speaker 4: I believe how's that one hundred and eight flights and you get bugger all points because they booked the cheap tickets.
Speaker 3: Oh, we might have someone that core Field.
Speaker 9: Shelley.
Speaker 3: Hi, Lauren, here are you going, Shelley? I clean tell you he's good. Do you you know each other from the air?
Speaker 10: We don't, No, I know, but I did meet Jason, Lauren.
Speaker 3: It's the dog park for the.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, did you fall in love at out doggie?
Speaker 6: Dating guys toxty eight women.
Speaker 2: Heavily out numbers.
Speaker 3: Good for them. Hey, Shelley, how often do you fly?
Speaker 7: I'm just once a week?
Speaker 3: Does that?
Speaker 1: Does that?
Speaker 3: See?
Speaker 5: Clint depends so Brisbane say you might trump him with Brisbane.
Speaker 3: How a year do you reckon?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 10: Oh definitely, definitely forty plus.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because forty look at Clint. Clint's like not even half done.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but that's forty one way, so eighty expect no cigar.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good though, eighty flights in a year.
Speaker 3: Do you know all the hostings? I do? Actually, so there's a midday flight on Sunday that's crewed by the same people, so quite often give them a shout.
Speaker 2: What are their names?
Speaker 3: I think Sharon and Norell.
Speaker 2: Have you no idea.
Speaker 3: Daryl's there as well. Have you ever heard them call you the h hob?
Speaker 2: What's the cost on board?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: It is Jason Lauren clints here as well. Internal politics. The war has broken out, shots have been fired. What do you mean, well, we are sending you to taite in Canada after nine Meltresina wants to send you to London to see Sabrina Carpenter.
Speaker 2: No, yes, we're giving troops and concerts left unt Center.
Speaker 3: Well, this is a concert like we are Flight Center. It's like we are.
Speaker 2: It is like that, but we're not.
Speaker 3: We are not the hot captain.
Speaker 5: Because they don't have tickets to Taylor switch final show of the Ears to us. He's going to I mean we all went to the show here in Melbourne and we loved it.
Speaker 2: It was amazing. It'll be and she's going to do something special on her last show. Cameos, maybe not a jewet.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 4: I was listening to the Kelsey podcast him and his brother. I love that podcast. I'm massive into the NFL.
Speaker 2: Now and he was mentioned, are you are you going to the super Bowl.
Speaker 3: I'm starting to understand the super Bowl this year it's already been no what has this year. Actually, well, he mentioned in the team.
Speaker 4: He mentioned the other day in the podcast that he shot out to Miami just to see it one last time. So maybe the dates don't work out, he can't get to Canada, it'll be during the footy season.
Speaker 2: She would change the dates for him.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's how it works.
Speaker 4: However, next Friday, we are going to leave the studio, drive to someone's house, pick him up, take him to the EPO, and send them to Canada for closing night.
Speaker 5: So over a week we'll be announcing this winner. But let's put some people in the running.
Speaker 3: Liz from Bullying.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Good morning, guys.
Speaker 3: We're good, you're better. You're on the standby list. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Jesse, you were swifty.
Speaker 5: Yes, Oh my gosh, you're only sixteen years old. Who would you take if you're in this trip to Canada?
Speaker 6: I take my mom?
Speaker 2: Oh, well, guess what girl friend? You're in the running.
Speaker 3: Get a queen? Oh my god, thank you, No worry.
Speaker 5: I welcome Emily and Campbell. Well did you get to see Titus Swift when she was here in Melbourne? No, my boyfriend, scam scam ticket.
Speaker 7: Hang on, oh, he's so excited.
Speaker 6: He's more of a supertan than I can, so we do believe him.
Speaker 3: It wasn't just a okay rider. Well guess what, you're on the standby list, say thank you so much, no worries. Yeah, darl I got your tickets.
Speaker 2: And it's like, yeah, really, you know, she said he's more of a swiftye than she is.
Speaker 3: And listen, that was so sad.
Speaker 5: So many people actually did get ripped off by those dogs, ripping people off, not even dogs, dogs, loyal.
Speaker 4: Rats, Good morning Melbourne.
Speaker 3: Jen Vetters. They've gone into debt or had to borrow money from family members.
Speaker 5: We're also carrying around giant Santa sacks of debt.
Speaker 2: Why moments watched Oak, You're up to your eyeballs in debt.
Speaker 5: The bills are piling up, and you're desperity.
Speaker 3: I reckon.
Speaker 4: One of the biggest stresses on people at the moment is financial.
Speaker 3: True.
Speaker 5: My gosh, it's a horrible feeling because it sits in your gut and you can every time you think about it, you feel sick.
Speaker 3: So stop thinking.
Speaker 4: We want to do a deep dive on debt this morning for the next twenty minutes on the show.
Speaker 2: Because if you're listening to this and you are.
Speaker 5: Have you got yourself in a bit of trouble or maybe you've put a debt collector chasing you. I think you would be surprised how many other people are in the same boat as you.
Speaker 3: You are not alone because you can quickly fall behind, can't you.
Speaker 2: It's so easy.
Speaker 4: Look, Julian Finch is a financial expert. They're going to join us a little bit later on. About ten minutes or so were tips on how you can honestly turn your financial stress around. But before that, you brought up a status saw in the news the other day which.
Speaker 5: Is one in five gen z is gen z is one in five are being pursued by a deck collector currently.
Speaker 2: And that could be credit card, could be.
Speaker 5: An overdue mortgage or payment, could be an outstanding amount of linked fines, could be an outstanding amount of parking fines.
Speaker 4: I've got myself in trouble in the past. You know the old interest free payment things where it's like, you know, buy this t Norman six months exactly, but apparently you miss one payment, then you pay interest on all of one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, could be no hundred I agree.
Speaker 5: Phone bills utilities are going unpaid, like bills add up, and in the current climate we're living in, everything has gone up in price and a large amount of people are struggling to keep up.
Speaker 3: Lou and I got ourselves in trouble pre kids the old tax bill.
Speaker 5: Look, I think a lot of people who have started their own business or have gone as a sole trader have got themselves into trouble with a tax bill before.
Speaker 4: Because I was young, I was like, you know, like the early thirties, I was working for another radio station. I was a sole trader, which means you have to pay your own tax. Yeah, but this is like late twenties, early thirties were also just partying and living.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you get the money and you spent that.
Speaker 4: And to this day, I remember opening up the email and getting a tax bill for like forty thousand.
Speaker 3: Dollars trains from your face mate for the next few years. They're counting every cent, every single cent. They're pretty reasonable though, the tax department, they'll sort of in terms of payments.
Speaker 2: You still have to pay it, but you can get on a payment pack.
Speaker 5: And look, there's a lot of people who get in into strife or fall behind and you're not alone, and there are ways to manage it to help you come out the other side, because it can seem like there is no light at the end of the tunnel. Oh mate, that's what we're going to find out next. Right, If you are in this position, how do we help get you out of it?
Speaker 3: And you turn on each other the stress that's hanging over you.
Speaker 5: Like I had a girlfriend who applied for one of those credit cards at a department store because she was in the shop and they said, oh, you get twenty percent credit card to one of those, and she did it, and fifteen years later she completely.
Speaker 2: Forgot about it, moved house, blah blah blah.
Speaker 5: Fifteen years later, went to get by her first house as an adult and got knocked back because she had this thing hango over her head that she did when she was nineteen that she didn't even remember doing.
Speaker 3: And they just made the banks will hand out credit cards. I can't remember applying from one for two grand. They're like, oh, we'll approve you for fifteen. I'm like, I can't afford to PA fifteen fifteen green credit card. Like when I was young.
Speaker 2: We look, there's a lot of people in this position.
Speaker 3: That's a thing, and you feel invincible when you do have credit before we get to the edge.
Speaker 2: A shame as well.
Speaker 5: I think there's a shame you don't talk about it, But we are going to talk about it because we're going to try and alleviate some of that pressure that's building up in people.
Speaker 4: We're doing a deep dive on it for the next twenty minutes on the show. And look, it's a non judgment zone. If you've found yourself in debt, how'd you get there and how bad was it?
Speaker 2: Thirteen to twenty you're in it right now and you can be anonymous.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it can be totally anonymous. Thirteen twenty four ten is our number to join us on the air. How do you get yourself in strife? And then coming up in about ten minutes, the financial tips that are going to turn your life around.
Speaker 3: Deep dive.
Speaker 4: We're doing a deep dive on debt this morning. Well it's where we hand over twenty minutes of the show to a topic that is hitting pretty close to home for a lot of Melbournians this morning, I.
Speaker 2: Hand on heart.
Speaker 5: Don't know someone who at some point in their time has got themselves into debt, Whether it's you've overextended on a credit card, a home loan, you fam behind on your payments for utility bills, your phone bills, whatever it is. And people right now are hurting One in five Gen x's and are being chased by a debt recovery and five percent of Gen zs.
Speaker 4: You know what gets people in trouble too, You know, it's like Black Friday sales and that sort of thing.
Speaker 3: People are buying.
Speaker 4: People are buying stuff they can't afford, and.
Speaker 3: Then they're chasing their tails, be it with friends, friends who help friends, parents who help their kids. You know, it's a horrible circle to be.
Speaker 4: So we're about to be joined by a financial expert who it's not going to be some Koiti toity from Canberra.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no no. We actually want to help people because the stats are harrowing and it is so easy to get into debt and so hard to get out of it. But if you're listening to this and you're thinking, oh my god, I've got that pit in my gut that makes me feel sick thinking about it, you are not alone.
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four ten. If you want to call us, you can be anonymous.
Speaker 4: Sorry, lost Sarah and Armadale is joining us on the air.
Speaker 3: You're in debt?
Speaker 4: How many credit cards have be maxed out?
Speaker 3: Too? Oh?
Speaker 5: And is that just like are you do you think you're throwing money away? Or this is just a pay bills and to keep up a bit of both.
Speaker 8: I originally got the credit cards for some lawyers fees for my my ex, but we didn't end up needing a lawyer, and then it just became, you know, we're really happy that we didn't need a lawyer, So it was a little bit like of celebration at times, and then it was you know, for food and just like the everyday basic So how much.
Speaker 2: You are allowed to do that?
Speaker 5: You don't get a credit card and it's only for bills, and then you find yourself to live you can't keep up with a payment?
Speaker 3: What can I ask money Maunt? How much we're in it?
Speaker 8: Twenty thousand?
Speaker 3: So how does that impact on what you think about during the day? Does it? Does it sort of occupy your thoughts?
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's a lot of it's a lot of shame and just a lot of stress about where I'm going to get the money from to cover the payments. I ended up having to get a second job. I'm working six seven days a week now on top of my full time teaching job.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: And then just you know, it's a lot of shame when you talk about it with family and you know your parents are disappointed that you got yourself in Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, so you're not alone.
Speaker 5: A lot of people have got themselves into trouble with credit cards before. So stick around because shortly we're going to speak to an expert who's going to give us some advice on how we can get out of this mess.
Speaker 3: Catherine in Craigieburn. This is one I reckon and gets a lot of people.
Speaker 4: Have you got my best?
Speaker 3: Hello? Hey mate?
Speaker 4: Have you got yourself in a debt with the old buy and now pay later schemes?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 11: I have both tip pay and after pay.
Speaker 2: Okay, so what have you got? What's going on where you at?
Speaker 11: So I've got five thousand, four hundred on zippay and that that just kept that just kept rolling over because they kept offering me more credits. I've kept taking it and about four to nine on after pay.
Speaker 2: And what do you what are you buying? Catherine?
Speaker 11: Well, at the time I was buying furniture for my house because I have just moved. Yeah, furniture and electronics and you know, clothes for my kids and by that because I wasn't working at the time.
Speaker 5: And so so you've got all of that debt. Now are they chasing you for it? If you've got a debt collector on your tail?
Speaker 2: Where are you where you at?
Speaker 11: Yeah? I've got two debt collectors chasing me at the moment.
Speaker 2: And how are you feeling?
Speaker 12: Answer anything?
Speaker 3: So what do you have? You got a strategy or are you just trying to make ends meet?
Speaker 11: I'm trying to make ends meet, but I am coming up with a strategy at the moment to try and just at least pay something. I've heard that if you just pay a little bit off here and there, they don't chase you as bad. But I don't know if that's true or.
Speaker 5: Not, right, Yeah, it's I don't know either. Actually, I'm going to cross all those games. But we do have someone who's going to jump on with us shortly and hopefully give you some advice on how to get out of that, because.
Speaker 2: It is it's so common, and it is this one's going to stay.
Speaker 4: Hard to get out of Anonymous as Culture on thirteen twenty four ten. Anonymous, you were scammed? How much debt are you in now?
Speaker 13: One hundred and fifty thousand? I was what I was scammed? And at the moment, I'm forty five thousand dollars in debt?
Speaker 2: How you scammed? One hundred and fifty thousand.
Speaker 13: Dollars dating scam?
Speaker 2: A dating scam? And did you did you recover any of it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: And how are you forty five thousand dollars in debt?
Speaker 13: Because I've used some of that money for paying for these dating scam And at the moment, the sheriffs knocked at me door the other day, or I weren't to the property.
Speaker 3: So what what?
Speaker 9: Where?
Speaker 2: Where was the money going overseas somewhere?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 13: I believe it's American people in America.
Speaker 4: You thought you thought you were chatting to someone. They got you to send money, that sort of vibe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I really feel for you, Anonymous, But I mean, how how does that make you feel? I mean, I sense a little bit of embarrassment in your voice.
Speaker 13: Yeah, Look, I'm I'm embarrassed and at the banks have shut me down. I've only got one bank left, so I'm fighting ask next week with one of the banks, and so.
Speaker 7: See where I go.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: Thanks for sharing your story.
Speaker 2: I mean, they're all different stories, and there's a lot of different ways that people.
Speaker 3: Can find ways still keep that dad, isn't there, Like that's a scary thing, you.
Speaker 4: Know that you know what happens and what a lot of people do. It's funny. I'm actually experiencing that feeling at the moment when you start talking about this, You're just like, I just want to ignore it. I'm almost like I just want.
Speaker 2: To bury your head in the sand.
Speaker 4: We just played Tyler Swift and movement, you know what I mean. And that's how we're getting ourselves in this trouble in the first place.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it is, and I think especially when we're young, you kind of bury your head in the sand, and then as you get older, ily got responsibilities and then adds up and even like the pressure on your mental health when you know that you've got this like gray cloud over you is just horrendous.
Speaker 3: Jillian Finch is a financial expert.
Speaker 4: We are going to catch up with them on the other side of this and hopefully turn things around for a lot of Melbourne, and so we'll do a deep dive on debt next Hey, coming up inside the next ten, we're going to be talking about something you like to do in relationships, something I reckon Lauren wouldn't do often. Oh, well, we'll dive into thatt not that I can speak. We'll do that very soon. First, though, we're doing a deep dive on the show. This is where we spend twenty minutes diving into a topic or subject that is close to home for everyone, and this week it is financial debt.
Speaker 5: It's easy to get into to get out of, but you can get out of it, and exactly we're going to give you some tips as to how to help yourself.
Speaker 4: Jillian Finch from Finch Financial is an expert that can hope help turn our lives around. Jillian, good morning, save us. Can you just give us money yourself?
Speaker 7: Good morning guys.
Speaker 14: Look, I'd love to give everyone some money, but I'm probably listening to some of your callers there and yourselves. I've found myself in this kind of trouble in the past as well, so it's probably something I wouldn't recommend lending your own cash to other feet.
Speaker 5: That's right, Hey, Julian like, there's a lot of Aussies in debt, and there's a lot of shame that comes with that.
Speaker 2: But you would know you're an expert in this. You can get out of it, can't you?
Speaker 14: You look, absolutely you can, And I think the first step is probably is talking about it, so you know, not dealing with it by yourself, because sometimes it becomes overwhelming and even just like I said listening to some of your callers, sticking your head in the stand is probably the worst thing that you could possibly do, but we all do it.
Speaker 4: Okay, what's the areas we need to avoid? Like I mean, obviously credit cards is a given one that can get you in trouble. What other things can do it? Like zame Day learns, Yeah, buy now, pay later, interest free schemes here.
Speaker 14: Look, I think, I mean everything, everything that you do with your money needs careful consideration. So it's important to know that some of those facilities have a use and when used properly, can be quite beneficial. But the problem is, of course we get access to these lines of credit and then we don't use them properly, so that's when it starts to pile up on it. Yeah, look, payday lenders, you know o'ld style pawnbrokers, those types of places. Definitely avoid those, you know the late night TV ads where it's like, you know, get two thousand dollars now and pay it back in two weeks. Well, that's just the.
Speaker 2: Recipe for Julian.
Speaker 5: It's easy for us to ask Ky what should we avoid? But unfortunately it's too late for a lot of people who've already got themselves into this mess with credit cardds, with buying our pay later.
Speaker 2: How do we get out of it?
Speaker 5: Can we if we've got a huge if we've maxed out our credit card and there's someone chasing us for it and we can't pay.
Speaker 2: It, what do we do?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 14: Look, I think you know the first thing to do with a credit card, for example, call your bank cancel it. Okay, you know credit cards are revolving line of credit. Every time you pay ten dollars off your credit card, you can go and spend it again, so the debt never goes away. If you call your bank and you say I don't want my credit card anymore, you might still have a balanced outstanding, but at that point you can go on a payment plan to pay it off rather if you can't spend the cash.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good one. You're troubled by how easy it is for young people to get credit.
Speaker 14: Look, you know, I've been working in finance for about twenty years and some of the things I've.
Speaker 3: Seen are quite told to us. What are you saying, Well, I used.
Speaker 14: To go to a week at a university when I worked for a bank, and one of my competitors at the time just free credit cards. You sign up to university and get a credit card with your registration.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 14: Now these kids don't have jobs. Typically they're straight out of school and basically you become a student at the university and on campus bank gives you a credit card with a thousand dollars limit.
Speaker 2: It's free money when you're at Uni. That's what you think, right exactly.
Speaker 4: Hey, Jeline Clint brought something up the other day which is a really good point about the home line.
Speaker 3: Because debt comes in so many forms. You know, there can be credit card debt, but there's also what's considered for many people good debt, and that is a home loan debt. But obviously cost of living crunch dictates we haven't got as much money to spend, but there are ways with your home loan to maybe negotiate a better rate with your bank by picking up the phone.
Speaker 14: Yeah, look it is, and I mean it is that easy, and you should anyone who's got a homeland is listening now, should take ten minutes today to call their bank and just ask for discount. But the worst thing that can happen is they can say no. And of course at that point, if you're still not happy with the the rate you pay, you can always ring someone or start to look around for something.
Speaker 4: Right now, Lauren, hang on, Lauren, put a hand up then, like I'm going to do this right, But I also know what you're like.
Speaker 3: You're like me, we going going to be an hour? Is it a lot of work?
Speaker 2: Interest rates are so high?
Speaker 3: Isn't that easy? I think all you need is you to know what your current rate is? Is that right?
Speaker 11: Look?
Speaker 14: If you know what your current rate is, and look, just a quick search on the internet will help you find some comparable sort of rates from different lenders around the place. And absolutely just got to ring up. So press the button that all the number that relates to home lending and they'll pick up the phone relatively quickly because they think they're going to try and flog you something and discount, right.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 5: Hey, Angulian, there's a harrowing stat that is one in five gen z is being pursued by debt collector.
Speaker 2: Is there a way to deal with debt collectors here?
Speaker 6: Look?
Speaker 3: Is?
Speaker 14: I mean, it's a shocking statistics. But and again I think if I just reflect on a couple of the callers, you know, don't don't avoid it. Yeah, if the debt collector has been called in, I think the best thing to do at that point is to take the call, you know, just say, understand, this is my debt. Let's come up with a plan to pay it off. Typically, the collectors have probably paid sensing the dollar for the debt from the place that you owe it to anyway, and so they're probably willing to, you know, take a plan or even negotiate the full payment because you.
Speaker 3: Can run, but it'll come back to haunting exactly right.
Speaker 4: Julian Finch, the owner of Finch Financial, joining us on the air. Hey, we appreciate your time this morning, mate.
Speaker 14: Thank you thanks for having me.
Speaker 3: You're very sensible, Julian, Yeah, I know, way too sensible for this show mate. There you go.
Speaker 4: Pick up the phone, and then the money you might say you can use to pay off your other debts.
Speaker 5: There you go, and Julian's says his passion lies in refinancing your current loan and a better deal and winning against the banks.
Speaker 2: So reached out to Julian Finch. If you need a.
Speaker 4: Hand morning everyone, Draft night tonight in the AFL. Will your club be scoring some of the good players that are up.
Speaker 3: The pressure is on Richmond because Richmond has a thousand draft picks inside the top twenty. They've got about eight go Tigs and we need to to get something group. They've got to get it right. The good thing for the Tigs is that this year's draft is like a mega draft. The draft pool hues amazing, very very good.
Speaker 2: Yes, Richmond fans, let's go.
Speaker 4: We are going to catch up with one of the young guns that could be heading to Tiger Land.
Speaker 2: Doesn't know.
Speaker 4: Yes, after eight o'clock this morning, but coming up next. I love a good wedding. We've got one coming up.
Speaker 2: Actually we're going to one as a guest altogether.
Speaker 4: Yes, our old producers getting married. I rang it yesterday and said, hey, I'm on the way to the dry cleaners. It's going to cost me twenty bucks to dry clean the suit off of the races. You sure about this bloke?
Speaker 3: Like speak now have you only got one suit?
Speaker 2: I'm what a supportive friend.
Speaker 3: That's all about you?
Speaker 2: She said, I'm taking back your invitation.
Speaker 3: I'm quite keen on him. Go ahead, Dru said, you can come to the ceremony, but not the isn't that the worst?
Speaker 4: We'd love to have you at the church, and then if you could hurd home after.
Speaker 2: You're not a bridesmaid, but you can hand out the confetiot the.
Speaker 3: End or an nusher bottom job.
Speaker 5: No, it's a privilege to be an usher at someone's wedding because they.
Speaker 3: Didn't want you up the front.
Speaker 4: Coming up next, a couple have made headlines for something someone we know. This is something that they're going to do at their wedding that will blow you away. The guests will go the next let's head down their aisle. Yes, a couple of raised eyebrows about something they are going to be doing at their wedding.
Speaker 3: What is it for? The very first d pair met in.
Speaker 4: Year seven at a private Christian schools seven high school.
Speaker 3: Sweetheart the bride.
Speaker 4: Has revealed her and her husband.
Speaker 3: I have never They haven't kissed, kissed, kissed.
Speaker 9: Kissed kissed.
Speaker 2: What do you mean kissed? Well, they're just friends.
Speaker 3: Nothing. What do they do? Hold hand? They're getting married? You young? What other things?
Speaker 2: What do you mean other things? But what other than kissing?
Speaker 3: What else is there? They might? They might swing arms together, hold hands, caddle anything else.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think they've done anything else.
Speaker 3: Can you explain the bases?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, this time.
Speaker 3: It's a good point. They haven't got a home run, absolutely well, they haven't even hit more.
Speaker 5: Kissing is first base, it is, they've even got to first base. But I wonder if they skip first base and went to second third?
Speaker 3: Home run?
Speaker 2: Sure enough? Surely not.
Speaker 3: I don't think you are for a home run without first base. I mean it's possible.
Speaker 5: Also, there's nothing when there is nothing worse than a bad first kiss. If they kiss at the altar and they're like, oh god, oh no, you don't know what they don't know how to do it?
Speaker 4: Oh no, might kill me for saying this, But you know how I had my quarter off cross kiss?
Speaker 3: Oh no, too much to either, yeh, quarter life.
Speaker 4: Crissis the wife and I broke up before we're married. Yeah, at about a year and a half apart. At the start, we were still sort of catching up just to do some baseball.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's that's a bad thing to do.
Speaker 4: It's terrible thing. Not healthy, not healthy.
Speaker 2: Because you're playing baseball with other people.
Speaker 3: I think we were.
Speaker 4: I don't don't catch up with the ex we we would have a home run, but we wouldn't do first base.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it was it was like a It was a because it was almost transactional, but you wouldn't kiss.
Speaker 2: Good word for it, you wouldn't kiss.
Speaker 3: Well, no, because then it'd be too intimate, too intimate.
Speaker 2: What's wrong with you?
Speaker 3: Well, no, nothing, because it was I got a home run?
Speaker 2: Is that what happens at the shops?
Speaker 3: What do you mean at the shops?
Speaker 2: Like if you're paying for the transaction?
Speaker 3: Oh, are you allowed to do first? But I do not know. I don't know. I wasn't paying.
Speaker 5: No, I mean how old were you when you had your first kiss? Oh, you would have been twenty three.
Speaker 3: How old were funny?
Speaker 2: You were ready one, sixteen sixty.
Speaker 3: It's about sixteen, fifteen sixteen with someone else, Oh, seventeen, Hang on a second, how old were you when you had here?
Speaker 2: Sixteen and sweet sixteen and never been kissed?
Speaker 3: Is sure?
Speaker 12: What?
Speaker 3: How old were you? Can you say that? Walk into a chair. I just want to see if you burn up on how old?
Speaker 2: I think I was fourteen?
Speaker 3: We just him two years off there in a matter of ten seconds, didn't She thinks she was fourteen, might have been thirteen.
Speaker 2: It's a bit of a surprise.
Speaker 3: Still in double figures at the moment.
Speaker 2: So this couple, I was, I was young for my year that I was in high grade.
Speaker 3: Oh, you know you're young for yours, so old the blake.
Speaker 2: No, I mean like I was more mature for my age.
Speaker 3: I was young, you know, yeah, right, yeah, it makes sense.
Speaker 5: Yes, young in age, but very mature. You play baseball, But I had kissed before I got married.
Speaker 3: You play baseball engaged. I played baseball enough. Yeah, you always to do first base for a home run. I mean sometimes you just go, you know, things just happened quickly.
Speaker 1: Without kissing in the moment.
Speaker 3: No, I mean sometimes it's transactional. Then some people don't like it. Not for me, Kissinger.
Speaker 5: Imagine imagine marrying, proposing to someone you'd never.
Speaker 3: Get that's a whole different ball game. Here's a questions like when you get home, it's a friend. Well, this couple said that the ring was a sign of affection. They didn't need to kiss when you get home? Do you pash pul?
Speaker 2: Oh god, no, I don't walk in the door.
Speaker 3: And how often would you guys kiss?
Speaker 2: I try and make a point of it like that because it's nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree, I'm the same, Hey, getting shut down. But do you know executive.
Speaker 2: Producers, I'm so very tired a lot.
Speaker 4: I hear you your tongues to executive producer. It's well, it's a nightly thing for him.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, you got to slit the tongue in there.
Speaker 4: Otherwise what you were explaining this to me yesterday.
Speaker 3: It's like kissing you Anne, if you don't put the tongue in what you're saying. That's why I just to solidify that it's more than that goes in. Is it reciprocated?
Speaker 2: Obviously?
Speaker 3: Sometimes you don't want to be the only one with the tongue in. Oh no, that's the worst. Hey, thirty fourteen. If you are going it alone with the arm the time, or I just want to slowly pull it. M what about it? If your chink teeth.
Speaker 2: Like I remember my parents kissing when I was a kid, and I was like, Mom, Dad, no, do you like gross? Like it was gross to be people's families.
Speaker 3: I know what Lauren had, like, Mom, don't ever kiss your hand on the face side the face with kissing.
Speaker 2: Nobody wants this, Adam, by god, you can you just your closer.
Speaker 9: And touch me.
Speaker 3: She's sick.
Speaker 2: Nobody wants this. That is one of the great What about the.
Speaker 3: Hand behind the neck?
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, that's nice.
Speaker 3: It's like in the hair.
Speaker 4: Oh, you don't want to get tangled? Thirteen twenty four ten. Can you guys go with me here? Thirteen twenty four ten. How long has it been since you had a pash?
Speaker 2: Oh, since you had a pal?
Speaker 3: This could be people that are married.
Speaker 2: Maybe you are twenty five and you've never been kissed thirty five never.
Speaker 4: Maybe you've be married for twenty years and you guys actually haven't fully pashed on.
Speaker 2: Now today's the day got.
Speaker 4: There'd be people the relationships where it's just you know, they're they're living, they've got kids, they're in routine, and there's no pash.
Speaker 3: We need some ground rules here, clarification even Okay, it's tongue like pash, it's and it's you know, more than a few seconds. It's lingering.
Speaker 9: Not that's too long the tongue.
Speaker 2: Every listen to how long? Four seconds?
Speaker 7: Is one?
Speaker 2: Three?
Speaker 3: That's great?
Speaker 2: For so long?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: Maybe three? Maybe three, two or three will do it, but not, Hey, babe, howld your day?
Speaker 2: That's peck?
Speaker 4: Thirteen to twenty four ten to be a few.
Speaker 3: When was I love on the forehead?
Speaker 2: So nice? Chicks love that coming home and a little kiss on the head.
Speaker 4: I'm like, hmmm, I'll do that today at Lucia be like, what the hell are you doing?
Speaker 3: What are you doing?
Speaker 4: Thirteen twenty four ten is their number? How long has it been since he had a pash? The five K question coming up very soon? Right now, I'm serving from a kid on the five K question the other day?
Speaker 2: Did you why was I here?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, at my house? Oh yep.
Speaker 2: They didn't like the question.
Speaker 3: Are we on? Now? We're back? Hello? Hello, we're on. Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 11: This is No.
Speaker 4: Over one hundreds.
Speaker 2: We were just talking to no.
Speaker 7: One.
Speaker 3: We're having a conversational and then someone.
Speaker 2: Said, you guys are not on air.
Speaker 3: Producer Z do the voice, What did you say?
Speaker 2: Not on Eric, I just kept talking in case we were we.
Speaker 3: Go back five, I bring that back.
Speaker 4: Possibly one of our funniest moments ever, just the sat off here.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was missed.
Speaker 4: Hey, thirteen twenty four ten is our number. We are talking kissing, kissing.
Speaker 5: There's a couple that is getting married and they've never had a pash before. No, so we want to know are you marrying? How long has it been between kisses? How old are you and you've never been kissed?
Speaker 3: Let me set the same. Oh, yes, you gotta do it. Everyone do it.
Speaker 4: You might normally two, it's it's too normally it was two three.
Speaker 3: So like a pash.
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four ten, How long has it been between kisses?
Speaker 3: Let's go to Jimmy good morning, good morning, and.
Speaker 2: In a relationship.
Speaker 15: No, my father passed away nineties in the d of November.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that.
Speaker 15: And I think for me, kissing is like next level.
Speaker 2: You think kissing is next level? Why, dear?
Speaker 15: So that's the only time you kiss is when you love somebody.
Speaker 5: So you haven't kissed anyone since your partner passed a while?
Speaker 15: Actually, two weeks ago, someone tried to kiss me, and I reciprocated. It was he tried to put the tongue out, and I didn't want to put that.
Speaker 3: Because you were in love. They put the tongue out. It's uninvited.
Speaker 2: See I disagree. I don't think kissings for love. I think kissings for fun.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I agree with you.
Speaker 2: There's other things for love. That's like what things like a ring? This will really yelling at each other in the kitchen when you're trying to decide what to cook.
Speaker 3: That's well, I am in.
Speaker 4: I remember early twenties. I started dating this girl kissing, and I remember opening my eyes once and she was just.
Speaker 3: No sharing shut. I was eyes macared the hell out of it. Remember that on the dance for a boutique who I was having a great old snog with Like it was a real, real elaborate pash did she do?
Speaker 5: I dance for it?
Speaker 3: This is the best story. I love this. She in my mouth, that's right straight into my mouth. Now he's the best bet. Belched to keep kissing.
Speaker 2: We went back from war, came up Yuk Shelley.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Happy humpday, pardon happy humpy.
Speaker 4: How long has it been since had a cheeky pash.
Speaker 6: Well, I reckon, I haven't even been to a ball game for about sixteen years.
Speaker 2: Oh are you single?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, very and have been since my ex husband leftists and me and my son and I just put him first.
Speaker 2: Oh that's so nice. Tend to get back in the game.
Speaker 3: Shell in the ball game.
Speaker 14: Do you know what I feel like?
Speaker 6: It's been too long now. I don't know what to do.
Speaker 2: Riding bar.
Speaker 4: So sixteen years since you played a full game?
Speaker 3: How long since a kiss? Same time? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Probably that much? Yip, Yeah, I feel like Lauren, that is the most fun part.
Speaker 5: It's fun righter. I remember when I was a kid and I used to be like, what does it like to kiss someone? And you kiss the inside of your elbow?
Speaker 2: Did anyone else do that?
Speaker 3: I still do it.
Speaker 5: That.
Speaker 2: Who shall.
Speaker 6: Know where to start?
Speaker 3: To?
Speaker 6: Even look at me? I don't believe in all these dating apps, all that sort of stuff. I just think that you should meet naturally.
Speaker 2: How old are your son?
Speaker 6: He's twenty three now, and he's the most beautiful soul in the world.
Speaker 2: And what does he think? Is he like, come on, mum, get back out there.
Speaker 6: I think he's gotten used to it. Just being me and him.
Speaker 5: Unfortunately, well he's got to move out of home, so you got room for someone Elsell, I have been trying. Twenty three is about the time my mum started like just pushing me close to the front door quickly.
Speaker 3: When it comes to the kiss, I mean, what are you offering that? The tongue is one thing? But how should the tongue linger? Because Lauren reckons it's a one second job.
Speaker 2: I said, four seconds too long.
Speaker 3: No, that's about right. Do you think you get the direction? It's a it's a.
Speaker 6: A little bit, a little bit, a little bit.
Speaker 4: We're still talking about the kiss. Guys, We've got a Kendy teacher on the line. We all have to say good morning to miss Sophie. Good morning, Miss Sophie, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 3: So shoulders sneeze and on the way to work.
Speaker 14: I'm actually here now.
Speaker 10: I'm just checking that the caterpillars that we got yesterday are still.
Speaker 2: Alive, and how are they going?
Speaker 7: They're a lot.
Speaker 2: I think we might have lost one.
Speaker 5: Don't tell the kids, just replace it and they'll never know. My mum used to that with my goldfish. The fishes got smaller moms like no I don't think so.
Speaker 4: It's yellow. It used to be blue, I think so. Hands on top that means hands on head, hands on head, no, hands on top, listening.
Speaker 3: Hands on top that means.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not when I was a kid. Hands on top that means stop.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 2: We should try that in here.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 4: Hey, Sophie, you want to roll the dice for five hundred dollars this morning?
Speaker 3: Five hundred dollars.
Speaker 5: Alright, I just heard the question, sof and I got it. All right, Okay, let's win your five hundred bucks. You're gonna hear a question. You'll hear three two, one countdown. This is very gettible.
Speaker 4: How old are you, Sophie? Do you mind me asking?
Speaker 10: I'm thirty two.
Speaker 3: I just wondering if she would have seen the.
Speaker 2: Yeah, kitting zone you reckon yep? Okay, So if this is gettable, thanks, you have a guess if you don't.
Speaker 3: Know, yeah, all thanks to fun Fields they have it all.
Speaker 4: Australia's biggest water slides Grabby season passed today at fun Fields Theme Park. I've told plenty if he's a good boy over summer, I will take him to You are such a good down. Here comes your five hundred dollars question?
Speaker 3: What was the full name of Leonardo DiCaprio's character on The Wolf of Wall Street three two one? I did? I didn't think so.
Speaker 5: Margo, Robbie and Leonardo DiCaprio is a great film.
Speaker 2: Awesome, it's a I think you're going to say, what was his name in Titanic?
Speaker 3: Jack Dawson? Hey tell you what. You're not going to go away empty handed.
Speaker 4: Don't miss speaking Duck taking over the core Field Spring Final November thirty for the Nova Spring series. We're going to hook you up with the double so you can go along vip pass.
Speaker 7: Oh, thank you so much.
Speaker 5: Take some of the kids, No, don't take kids, and good luck with the caterpillar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hope comes back to life. Guys coming up next though. It is a life changing day for some of the top AFL prospects in this country, and one of them we're lucky enough to have in the studio with us. Which club is he headed to? That's the question or I've been to it?
Speaker 4: After the kid Ler Roy on Nova Big Night Tonight Away from the Arias.
Speaker 3: Saying this draft is a super draft when it comes to depth, We're going to unearth more AFL stars this year than ever before, and one of them, I'm pleased to say, joins us in the studio. He's mooted as going somewhere in the top three, which would be outstanding for the young fella. His name's Finn O'Sullivan aka Foss. He's a Victorian. How old are you, Foss?
Speaker 1: A perfect?
Speaker 3: How'd you sleep last night? Not great?
Speaker 1: Actually, I was just talking out on the way.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not great. I'm usually a good sleep of it. Struggling, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: What year were you born?
Speaker 3: Six?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: My gosh from two jobs by.
Speaker 2: Hey, Finn, this is a huge day for you.
Speaker 5: You played for the Oakley Chargers, you were playing for Xavier before that. At what point, at what age did you think AFL's where I want to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, early on, always a dream and think for every kid. But reallysically probably oh maybe started last year. I know it was a good chance that I could hopefully get picked up, and then yeah, just kept progressing and yeah, then now we're here.
Speaker 2: And do you have a preference of what team you'd want to go to if you could pick or you don't care?
Speaker 1: Nah, happy to go anywhere really barrack for Yeah, Hoodie Barrack from a hawksman.
Speaker 3: Yeah, secretly.
Speaker 1: Secondly, so Richmond have.
Speaker 5: The first pick, North Melbourne have the second pick, Carlton have the third. Your tip to go in the first three, as is Sam Leila. Who is your best mate?
Speaker 3: Is that right? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's unreal, sorry naive because Richmond get a few picks, right.
Speaker 3: Richmond had got like eight inside the top twenty. Mates.
Speaker 5: Then don't get to do it in the road though, No, no, no, So Richmond go first and they could pick anyone and then so there is a chance.
Speaker 3: You could be playing with your best mate.
Speaker 1: Could be a chance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there is a wild card here though, because another amazing prospect is a bloke by the name of Levi Ashcroft. Right now, he's a father's son who played whose dad played for Brisbane and yeah that's right. His brother plays for Brisbane. A pretty ship player. Now, they could Richmond, North Melbourne, Carlton Adelaide Melbourne, they could call his name, but they actually don't get access to him because he's a father's son. But Brisbane has to match that bid. So basically everyone down the order a little bit. So it's there's a few intricacies and about the draft around Brown.
Speaker 2: Okay, so let's talk about draft night. What do you do tonight?
Speaker 1: It's a pretty it's pretty crazy day, like a couple of media things that we have to tick off, and then yeah, other than that, it's just spending it with your family and mates.
Speaker 5: And then where are you tonight when the actual draft happens? Are you at home or are you in a in a big room?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I'm at the draft tonight, So I think there's a bit Yeah, fifteen to twenty lads who get the invite and then your family with you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I like we have we got screamers in the family, like his mum or dad going to.
Speaker 1: Be so pretty much say any of them and might get me in a head lock or something.
Speaker 3: Stacy, will she be listening this morning?
Speaker 5: Us?
Speaker 3: What's what's mum like? What is she nervous? Sort of you know you're playing? Is she nervous? Watcher?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: Not really a bit younger she she'd yell at me a bit, but I haven't thought her brothers. She kind of went, she's seen a lot of sports, so she.
Speaker 3: Chilly questioned, are there people there tonight that won't get picked? Yes? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Hay finn. Who's your hero? Who's your idol in in footy?
Speaker 1: There's a few, John O'Brien if you won.
Speaker 3: So sounds a bit like.
Speaker 1: He's back from down my way.
Speaker 2: Because you're you're up from me warnable, Yeah that way?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah right, yeah. Cort and my ended up happening to my uncle ended up Marie his sister. A connection there now And yeah, I love watching him play.
Speaker 2: And if you get drafted tonight, which true, very confident you will.
Speaker 5: Who is the one player that you can't wait to run onto the field and play on the same field against or in the same team.
Speaker 1: As I would be pretty surreal playing against crip I reckon or playing within that'd be pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a good guy.
Speaker 3: What's the perks are looking forward to? Because I love talking like footy player perks outside of the cash that you're going to you're going to get, he doesn't. He doesn't have to go and get a job.
Speaker 2: You know what, it is a job.
Speaker 3: It's hard work, exactly.
Speaker 1: I might still do UNI I reckon mid next year studying and what do proper I reckon probably evaluation.
Speaker 5: But he's already got the AFL are good now because so many players finished footy and then we're like.
Speaker 10: What do I do now?
Speaker 5: So now these kids, these kids get like you're doing other things as well, and they fell support you in doing that stuff.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, I think they pay for it. So it's only a day a week or something. Stuff.
Speaker 3: Tell the guys about your day yesterday. What do you start the day doing?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So drove up yesterday with the family. And then we had a management group. We had co cart and so there's us.
Speaker 3: And then where do you go?
Speaker 1: Awesome? Then we had as just a function for a bit two hours at the pub.
Speaker 5: I love it, I know, but get it out of your system because once you once your draft, I'm skiing no more adding, no more anything fun that could hurtybody.
Speaker 4: Now do they get locked into so say North Melbourne pick him tonight? How long are you locked into the roots?
Speaker 1: Three years?
Speaker 7: Ye?
Speaker 5: So is that that's the tip right, We've been tipped into the fact that North Melbourne might be we're going Do you know the song?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Oh you do?
Speaker 2: Do you know all the songs?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That or no, I'm no one knows.
Speaker 2: If you get drafted there, what do you have to do? Go home and study the study the song?
Speaker 3: Well, Richmond have got picked one North pick to Carlton pick three. I mean your tip to go inside that top three. There they are three pretty decent Victorian clubs to go to.
Speaker 1: Good luck, thanks so much, thanks for having me on.
Speaker 4: You know the you know the Richmond club right the club song? Yeah, just checking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's good, all right, well good luck.
Speaker 4: I don't even think of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you need to win. You got Q cap this time?
Speaker 4: Mate, huge night tonight.
Speaker 2: It's so awesome.
Speaker 5: There's so many like kids, seventeen and eighteen year old kids who are about to live out their dream tonight.
Speaker 4: So good luck tonight would almost be as exciting as finding out you're in the draft.
Speaker 3: Correct, Well, anyone can actually you can apply to go into draft, honestly you can.
Speaker 4: But finding out that you're in there, you know what I mean, in the top twenty huge.
Speaker 1: That's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good luck.
Speaker 1: So I could apply, Thank you.
Speaker 3: We can. We can get your training.
Speaker 2: See the way he kicks and throws.
Speaker 1: My god, I'm sure we can tease something that.
Speaker 5: We won't be wasting anyone's time with that thing. Don't worry if you know so, Oh my god, how well am I going with foss fossoy next yek in the AFL.
Speaker 7: Guys, you go.
Speaker 4: After almost two years, five continents, it's all coming to an end in Vancouver.
Speaker 3: That's all right, Eilor Swift the.
Speaker 4: Closing night of the eras to our flights, accommodation and tickets to get you there.
Speaker 5: And we want to send you Melbourne to the final the closing show.
Speaker 2: I would, I would.
Speaker 4: I'm beyond jealous quite the stars to her, Cam the Dancer, Yeah, because he does.
Speaker 2: He says that the big buddy line.
Speaker 4: We fell a lot of people online praising him for giving a giving a voice and a face.
Speaker 3: He's a a larger dances out there.
Speaker 2: What it's so cool?
Speaker 5: They just it just seems like the coolest tour of people all the way through. They're all mates, they're all having the time of their life and they've been doing this for years.
Speaker 2: Like you'd have to like each other.
Speaker 4: Fun fact, it's down the Taylor Swift told the other Yet Cam the Dancers brother plays in the NFL with Travis Cosy.
Speaker 9: Little.
Speaker 3: We've seen a response to this.
Speaker 5: Thirteen twenty fourteen, If you want to go and see Taylor's final show in Canada in Vancouver one of the coolest cities in the world.
Speaker 3: Let's put them on the stand list now in Montros you're on the list.
Speaker 2: That's good luck, mel Beck. Good morning, Hello Beck, you're on the list. Yay, thank you.
Speaker 11: That's amazing.
Speaker 2: Friday we'll be announcing the winner. So keep your.
Speaker 3: Phone on you. When when do you normally leave the house in the morning? Beck out? Now a forty because next Friday we're going to leave the studio.
Speaker 4: We're gonna take the show on the road and we are going to rock up at someone's house and say, guess what, we're here.
Speaker 3: To pack your back.
Speaker 6: You would love it out here in Bunya.
Speaker 3: Let's go to Georgia. In Craigieburn. Hello, you're you're on the list Georgia. Thank you pumped? You pumped.
Speaker 11: I'm so pumped.
Speaker 4: My god, no notice, no notice, we rock up at your house. You got to cancel whatever you got booked?
Speaker 3: Awesome? What do you got on next weekend? Anything? You'd have to cancel weekend today? I would jump on that plane. Yeah, Dicky, can you cover me on the desk? I'm off the Vancouver surely jeans and a jumper We're away.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Yeah, your chance to get on the standby list tomorrow. You can register by the overplayer app as well. Be in Vancouver for Taylor's closing night of the year as tour. Hey, we're going to check you around the work, latest in news and then coming up. Yes, you spoke about something quite personal the other day on the show Lost.
Speaker 5: On Monday, and a lot of people have spoken to me about it, and I want to talk about it some more because I think every single person in Melbourne can relate to this.
Speaker 4: We'll dive into it minutes. It pains me to say, but you are. You've come up with a very good idea here.
Speaker 3: Laura Phillip.
Speaker 5: Well, on Monday, I was saying I got a text from a girlfriend over the weekend that I've been thinking a lot about. Actually, we were so close, we used to be inseparable, and we've just lost touch, Like life Scott in the way, and all of a sudden, I've blinked and I haven't seen her for five or six years.
Speaker 2: She's got a baby.
Speaker 5: I know that because I've seen it on social media and we've sent each other a couple of messages, but we haven't seen each other, and I really miss her, and I was thinking about it, and it was like serendipity that over the weekend she sent me a voice note saying hello. Anyway, we were talking about it, Jace, you said you instantly thought of someone's mate.
Speaker 4: I think everyone's got someone in mind, you know, and for many different reasons. Like I mentioned to you, guys, you know, I got three kids. Now there's as friends who I used to hang out with every day.
Speaker 2: No falling out, no trying falling out, just life's business, I.
Speaker 4: Thought, in the way, and we sort of went on different parts. I know, if I pick up the phone, we'd pick up where we.
Speaker 3: Left off here.
Speaker 5: You know, there is some there's some trepidation going into it, right I Clint, you were talking about your one of your best friends.
Speaker 2: You haven't seen Nicole, you haven't seen her.
Speaker 5: In a couple of years, and we spoke to her yesterday, and it's just funny how that time just flies. But there's these people that in your heart, you just you have an enormous amount of gratitude for the friendship you once held. And coming into Christmas, I always think it's the time that you think, God, I'd love.
Speaker 3: To see that. Do you miss it?
Speaker 4: Well, phone lines lit up with people in the same boat. Linda in Endeavor Hills, what's your story?
Speaker 12: Yeah, my friend Menique, we used to work together six seven years ago. She was the best. She was there for me in a really hard time, no judgment, no anything. It's hard to find people like that.
Speaker 2: How much would you love just to reconnect and just have a laugh with her?
Speaker 12: I would love to go out with her.
Speaker 3: Censor reunion video.
Speaker 2: So that was Monday.
Speaker 5: Off the back of the conversation we had, right we got a DM on Monday afternoon saying, hey, guys, my friend Belinda rang today and was on air talking about our friendship. She sounded so emotional. I'm shattered that she's been feeling like that, because it truly feels like yesterday. We saw each other at work every day.
Speaker 4: We've got what are the odds that they were listening?
Speaker 2: I know, I know she heard her friend talking about it and thirteen twenty fourteen.
Speaker 5: If there's someone that you know that you feel the same about, We've got Monique on the line right now.
Speaker 2: Morning Monique, morning, guys, did you have to replay it?
Speaker 3: It's beautiful.
Speaker 5: So you're driving along on the way to work and you heard Belinda and you're like, oh my god, this is about me, this is us.
Speaker 10: Yeah, initially I was a little bit naive to the situation because, like I said, literally feels back yesterday that there's like no time in between. And then yeah, hearing what she said, I was just gut it that that's yeah, how she's been a feeling.
Speaker 2: But did it make you miss the friendship as well?
Speaker 10: Oh of course yeah instantly. It's just like because yeah, it literally just had felt like not.
Speaker 3: Five and six, Yes, haven't you reached out?
Speaker 4: Is it just the same reason? Just life gets in the way, life.
Speaker 10: Gets in the way. She has a crazy little toddler.
Speaker 11: Luke that, like you.
Speaker 10: Mentioned it as well, Jase, that I'm I'm the Clint in my friendship group, I'm the single girl. And yeah, sometimes you're just like, oh, they're busy, like there, Yeah, they've got their busy life and a toddler. And we were both working early childhood. So I get it, and you don't want to be that inconvenience you're like, hey, you like, let's go out.
Speaker 3: Let's go do something. I think that would hurt her to know that you look at just like just quickly Minique. What is it that you love about your friend Belinda.
Speaker 10: I'm probably the one that's a little bit more blunt and like straight to the point where she has always sort of brought me back down and been like hang on, like look at it from this angle. Even with everything she's been through, she's like a very empathetic person. And I know, like if I was to go through anything like, I could definitely reach out and yeah, she'd be there.
Speaker 2: So you used to work together.
Speaker 5: It's been what five or six years since you've seen each other or spoken to each other.
Speaker 2: Well, we've got Belinda on the line right now.
Speaker 9: Girls say hill got.
Speaker 10: Oh.
Speaker 3: I didn't want to.
Speaker 10: It's not good radio.
Speaker 2: If we're just gonna cry, Can someone say something?
Speaker 7: I miss you?
Speaker 11: I miss you do?
Speaker 4: I can ed the emotion in your voice. Belinda? Was that nice hearing her talk about the friendship.
Speaker 12: It was so nice and I'm so glad that she heard it. And I meant every word.
Speaker 2: And what did she mean to you, Belinda?
Speaker 12: She was She was just an all round friend. Like we we spoke about everything. Honestly, we spoke about everything.
Speaker 2: We've all got those friends.
Speaker 5: And sometimes it is at work because you leave that at work and you don't carry it with you all day, right many How nice is it to hear Belinda's voice?
Speaker 10: Yeah, really good, and we jac you will love this one of the last times we've probably caught up. And DJ has a battle of the.
Speaker 12: Battle of ety.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and that's probably like one of the last like decent times that we've been able to catch up.
Speaker 3: That makes it sound like I've read the Friendship Apark.
Speaker 2: Hey, good on you girls. We'll let you guys connect off the air.
Speaker 5: But I thanks to getting in touch and being a part of this, because I think everybody listening has that friend that they just haven't spoken to in a while for no reason other than the fact, well there is a reason. You have kids, you have life, you have jobs, you have new.
Speaker 2: Partners, and you just lose you lose to it. It's funny, I mean, to lose touch, but that time just fly.
Speaker 4: I actually reconnected maybe two months ago with someone who I used to spend every day with and we hadn't spoken in maybe four years, and like, you know, there was good moments about She was like, how's your um and dad? And I'm like, no, well they've passed away, and you know, like there was elements we've missed of each other's life, but then a lot of it we've just seen on social but god, it was nice to have it.
Speaker 5: At thirteen twenty four ten. If you feel the same way about someone, you never know who's listening. But we've got an idea, Melbourne, We've got a big idea. Don't call them just yet, don't contact them today.
Speaker 4: Because things are easier in a group, aren't they. They are, And we'll tell you our idea and how you can be a part of it next on Nover.
Speaker 5: Guys, we have been talking to people right Melbourne who can relate to the issue that is missing a great mate for no reason. You've just lost touch. You've lost connection. You're busy, maybe you've had children and you've lost those friends that you had before that. No falling out, no drama. You just think of these people fondly and you wish you could get back in touch. And we have a big idea, Jas, God only knows what, and we.
Speaker 6: Jacent Lawrence reconnects to Christmas.
Speaker 3: Are we taking the show to the arrivals terminal?
Speaker 5: It does feel like that, doesn't I mean? This music from Love actually just makes me smile.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 5: What we want to do Melbourne is we want you to think about the person that you miss, and we want everyone to connect with someone that they miss, not today, not tomorrow, but in one week's time.
Speaker 4: This time next week, next Wednesday.
Speaker 5: Next Wednesday, think about it, talk about It'll to your partner about it next Wednesdays the twenty seventh of November, so just a month out from Christmas.
Speaker 3: Basically, it's a night job or a day job.
Speaker 5: Anytime during the day, but think about it for the next week, work out who the person is, and we want everyone in Melbourne to reconnect with someone they love and miss next week. I've got about five people I can think of just off the top of my head, thirteen, twenty four to ten. If there's someone on your mind right now that you think, oh my god, I'd love to reach out to that person. Maybe it was someone from school you haven't seen for years, someone you used to work with, someone who just bought you joy.
Speaker 4: What I'm just checking because we're gonna we should call it reconnect.
Speaker 2: Day, right, Yep, we're reconnecting for Christmas.
Speaker 3: I better just check on the twenty seventh. Is there any other days that we might overshadow.
Speaker 4: You know how there's always a day days Ye, novelty, there's always novelty days in the calendar.
Speaker 3: We're going to overshadow National mother in law Day? Oh yes, what are you doing with Wendy on that day?
Speaker 4: Unfortunately when's We're gonna have to park it because we're reconnecting for Christmas.
Speaker 5: That's right, we're reconnecting all of Melbourne with someone they love. And I'm sure she'll be disappointed too, So don't do it today.
Speaker 3: But you can reconnect with Wendy. It's got to be someone you haven't seen, the.
Speaker 5: Wild player, someone you haven't seen in a while. Thirteen twenty fourteen. Give us a buzz right now. I'd love to hear who it is, and they might be listening. We just spoke to someone before who called through to talk about someone, and that person called and said, oh my god.
Speaker 3: It's me, you know what the odd day.
Speaker 5: And sometimes we know where they are, we see them on social media, we just don't actually make the efforts and.
Speaker 9: Can I just say to say hello?
Speaker 4: Sometimes it's and you know, firstand cling because you're the most awkward person I know. Sometimes it's hard that initial phone call because it's like, oh hey, it's me and so oh cool?
Speaker 3: Why are you calling? Use us as the excuse?
Speaker 5: Totally?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Hey, was listening to nover this.
Speaker 3: Morning and they're talking about reconnecting my friends. So awkward yesterday, wait to if I can do it?
Speaker 5: Anyone can totally, and you don't have to call center, text exact, send text or a voice note.
Speaker 2: I love voice notes.
Speaker 3: Hello to me?
Speaker 4: How am I I'm listening to they were talking about reconnecting with old friends. You are the first one that jumped in my mind. Boom the conversations away.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I mean? And you know what?
Speaker 2: Everyone can do it. It's free.
Speaker 5: It's something that's going to fill us with joy leading up to Christmas, and you might even catch up with them over summer, and no pressure.
Speaker 2: If you just want to say hello and see how they're going. Thirteen twenty four to ten, give us a buzz. We'd love to chat to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: If you want to be a part of it, give us a call and don't forget, don't bring them, We'll all do it together next.
Speaker 5: Wed Wednesdays the day Joanne from Tollmarenes called through.
Speaker 2: Have you got someone. Have you got someone that.
Speaker 9: Comes to mind, Joe, have someone dead?
Speaker 2: Tell us about them. How long has it been?
Speaker 12: Well, she was invited to my forty eight and that was about eight years ago.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I know.
Speaker 6: And we haven't seen each other since then.
Speaker 2: What's her name name?
Speaker 10: Sarah?
Speaker 2: Sarah?
Speaker 3: Well, Joe, I reckon, are you?
Speaker 4: We do it as a team and next Wednesday reconnect Day, you reach out to her and will and be a part of the day.
Speaker 12: That'll be great. Thanks you very much.
Speaker 3: Hi Sarah if you're listening.
Speaker 2: Hi Sarah, if you're listening.
Speaker 5: We're going to reconnect you before Christmas is Christmas and summertime and it's all those times that you've had with great mates and you Thank God.
Speaker 2: I'd love to do that again.
Speaker 5: We might not be able to get that time back, but we can always reconnect with people.
Speaker 3: And like I said, use us as the reason to avoid the awkwardness.
Speaker 5: We were all disconnected for a long time, connected a lot of people, but now's the time just to say hello, let them know you're thinking of them, let them know you love them.
Speaker 3: I love this.
Speaker 5: Next Wednesday, guys, don't do it today. We'll put a countdown on our on our social I got.
Speaker 3: More than one.
Speaker 4: I'm going to be making a lot of calls next Wednesday. Yep, hey, it's just.
Speaker 2: Your group text. If you're in an old group chat, y day.
Speaker 4: Guys, got the cob off the group chat match just sad text coming out of nowhere, the old group chat after a year.
Speaker 3: Or WhatsApp activates again. Connect Day. We want you to be a part of it. Reconnect with Christmas.
Speaker 4: It is happening next Wednesday, but by all means thirteen twenty four to ten or reach out on socials and let us sit it and let us know the person you're going to reconnect with and the story behind it. Coming up next, we are gearing up for a huge event that is taking place in the entertainment industry tonight. We'll dive into it next here on Nova. The biggest artists in Australia are going to be battling it out tonight at the ARIA Awards.
Speaker 2: In Cell there, g flip kylie there, I don't know. Miss Higgins is getting in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: Tell you who will be there?
Speaker 2: That was my breakup album.
Speaker 3: Tim Blackwell from the Nova Drive show Blackness is hosting.
Speaker 4: Tonight in fact, we should give him a ring. I wonder if he's up already. Surely are already practicing?
Speaker 7: Hello?
Speaker 3: Is that the host of tonight's Aria?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 10: Hello?
Speaker 11: It is?
Speaker 7: It is? It is good morning, guys. I'm actually on the way in now. So this is going to be the longest day of my life.
Speaker 2: You're going are you dressed and ready to go?
Speaker 7: Black Is, Well, I'm dressed, but I'm not dressed in my actuals too.
Speaker 3: You're going in there? What the hell? What are you going to do between now and time?
Speaker 2: Rehearsals and things?
Speaker 12: I imagine Preparation is key, guys.
Speaker 7: Preparation is key. And to not make a hit of myself and be all over the Daily Mail tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Hey, black Is, congrats.
Speaker 5: I heard you making this announcement on your show, and it was so sweet to listen to because you were genuinely so excited about hosting the arias.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: A lot of people say, like, is this a dream comes through? I'm like, well, I kind of be honest, it kind of isn't, because I never thought i'd ever be asked. Oh, but I'm like a professional Ari's attendee, so I'm a bit nervous. Dicky Wilkins game of advice.
Speaker 9: Here we go.
Speaker 7: One drink, but make sure your one drink is five minutes before, not five hours before. The host of the first televison as ever, you got.
Speaker 3: Any support or is it just you? Find solo brother? Well, it is just me.
Speaker 7: I've got to I'm gonna myriad of present like a president Max And actually, can you guys help me? Do you know anything about is it Daniel Peeblee or Daniel David Peebley.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, big, huge, huge in the UK.
Speaker 7: Busy, Okay, give me one thing I can ask you.
Speaker 4: I've just realized the Aris are Australian music, so that's.
Speaker 3: He's a guest in our country.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't think you should be taking advice from us.
Speaker 2: Blackers putting who's expected to clean up?
Speaker 5: Because kid Laury is nominated but he's not in Sydney for the event, but we've made him take.
Speaker 7: An aria over the person with him, so that's good. I'm wearing my Royal Ot T shirt which will see on the today. I'm one of their biggest fans. They're up for eight awards. Thank you driver just here, thanks very much, must date, thanks very much.
Speaker 5: So when you say a driver are you in like some kind of stretch, Homer, are you in a little like a little hatchback on Uber?
Speaker 7: It's it's actually ubercomfort. But I reckon Royal to set up Dom Dollar is going to Don Dollar's like the flavor of them, I think in New York. I think I'm crossing him at the start of the show.
Speaker 2: Amazing.
Speaker 7: And what about Bay is for best independent release, a little young up and coming.
Speaker 4: That See, Yeah, God, you'd feel great if you're in that category, wouldn't you? Against Kylie?
Speaker 2: How you have fun? You're going to be amazing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, mate, I've known Blackers for a number of years. I don't know anybody more passionate about music than you are. Going to nail tonight and stuff it up, thank you so much.
Speaker 7: And also just this afternoon, Jay, you're in for me today.
Speaker 2: Yes, he's feeling.
Speaker 7: I've had. I've heard the show the last few weeks. The paneling is a bit lately last few weeks.
Speaker 2: It's got the wobbly fingers, hasn't he.
Speaker 7: So just just just realize you're on a coast to coast. Okay, this is a deal for you to four o'clock the Starbuck.
Speaker 3: So I just gotta I just gotta give Joel crap and keep Ricky in line? Is that the rule?
Speaker 7: And don't play songs over ads like you normally don't.
Speaker 2: Good luck. We can't wait to watch tonight.
Speaker 7: Buddy, Thank you, sah, thank you.
Speaker 3: All right, that is it. We are out of here.
Speaker 4: You can catch the Arias tonight five pm on Stand they kick off. If you want to check out Red Carpet on Stamp Red Carpet Rivals and then on the nine network later in the evening.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's on channel nine, the main channel. Great draft night tonight. Guys. We're wishing out back somewhere. Yeah, you can on Fox Footy. We're wishing our boy Finn oh Sullivan otherwise known as Foss. Let's sort of let's rally around the skid here?
Speaker 2: Should we become his number? Let's go on number one fan, Let's.
Speaker 3: Go on the journey with Foss. You know what, just one?
Speaker 5: If he goes to North Melbourne, that's okay, I mean we have to par North Alburn. How does the North Melbourne song go? Jake, so here we are joining okay and sing it?
Speaker 9: What joining the course? North Melbourne's then.
Speaker 3: Jason Lauren, Jason Lauren wake up feeling good.
Speaker 5: Number one hundred Jason Lauren on socials