Speaker 1: This is over one hundred. You're on the air with A and Lauren as we head to America, America, America to talk Super Bowl. Lauren, please don't.
Speaker 2: We'll try and find some good American music for this. We couldn't agree on.
Speaker 3: It, yep. So what did you suggest?
Speaker 2: The trumpets?
Speaker 3: The trumpets.
Speaker 2: That didn't come out right?
Speaker 3: Talking about the Kentucky races.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's what I was thinking.
Speaker 3: When the horses come out under the track.
Speaker 2: Anyway, there'll be no horses, but there will be x amount of American football players on the field soon. I don't know how many there are on each side. But it is Super Bowl Sunday in the state, Super Bowl Monday. Here in Melbourne. People are excited. It's happening over in New Orleans. One of my great mates, Geelong Football Club champion Tom Hawkins is over in New Orleans. Is our correspondent this morning, Tommy morning Hawk, Tom.
Speaker 4: Hawkins, like the resume.
Speaker 2: There you go, Thank you, Welcome to the tea. K. Hey, firstly, you're in New Orleans. I did see that you landed in New Orleans with a bit of a hiccup. Was your accommodation canceled when you got there.
Speaker 4: It was Yeah, so we were I hoped at about six thirty last night and uh through a booking platform. We had our accommodation canceled. So we were scrambling over here with my wife ammer and she yeah, and his life from school. So to be honest, it actually wasn't too bad considering the mayhem of New Orleans. I've never been to the city before. It's we sorted our ACoM through. Yeah, there's me, that's that's not me.
Speaker 3: What sorry?
Speaker 4: Hello, Okay, yeah, yeah, sorry, that's not me.
Speaker 2: Where are you?
Speaker 4: Boor I'm on the way. I'm on my day to the game.
Speaker 2: On the radio, tom.
Speaker 4: No, No, I'm good. I'm good. I'm good on the way to the game. And as you can imagine, security is like at the highest level that security you were talking to that Yeah that did you. Yeah, look it hasn't it hasn't worked over here yet clean but I'll keep going. But it is, it is. It is absolutely crazy mayhem. There's there's people everywhere. My first stop when I get to the game is to get to merch because everyone is either in an Eagles or a cheese jersey.
Speaker 1: So Tommy rocking the beads. I know in New Orleans people wear the beads.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I got some beads last night. And look, I'm hoping to find and slash a couple more today. But yeah, very much getting it involved in the festivities.
Speaker 2: If you get the beat, doesn't that mean someone wants to sleep with you?
Speaker 3: It's like, yeah, is what it is? Yeah it's Mardi Gras.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, Yeah that's new to me.
Speaker 1: Especially after you just said I'm hoping to get some more beats tonight handing him out Willie Millik.
Speaker 4: Right there, you maybe I won't get beate today?
Speaker 1: Is the com sorted and it hasn't been a problem.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe hay Hawk as a as a retired man, these days you can let your hair down ow ow big. Is the next twenty four hours going to be? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Look once who were sorted? Last night? We went out to suburban streets. Probably a little bit carried away, and but all in good fun. You've got to enjoy the festivities, right, and so a little bit slow this morning, we were up and at it and yeah, we're looking forward to the game. I suppose it's going to be. It's a big build up here. The game it's not till five thirty, so yeah, we're just before too. We'll heading have have a meal and a few drinks and enjoy the game. So it's a big it's a big leading.
Speaker 2: Are you going to some kind of tailgate party?
Speaker 4: We we are, we're going to We're going to meet up with our friends Will and Annabel and we're wandering. I'm sure we bumped into Juddy in a couple of these mats last night.
Speaker 2: Chris is he there?
Speaker 4: He is? So surprisingly, there's a few, There is a few, an so yeah, look forward to it.
Speaker 2: Have we seen Taylor Swift yet?
Speaker 4: No, no, no official sighting. But I can tell you that Emma is on the hunt. That's that's what she's here for. I'm here for the game. She's here for any any sort of Taylor Swift interaction.
Speaker 3: Were you there for the beats as well?
Speaker 1: By the sound of Hey, Tom, who's your money on?
Speaker 3: For the big game?
Speaker 4: Look, I'm a bit of a partial supporter, but I think I'll be going for the Chief today. Intact, I will be going to the Chief, So I'd like to see. I mean, this three feet has never been done from what I can understand in NFL history, so I would love to be able to see them win, and Patrick Mahomes and Kelsey as well, But I don't know. The Philly supporters are crazy, as I'm quickly understanding over here as well, so i'd love to see what sort of party they put on in the next twenty four to forty eight hours after they win. So I don't mind too much.
Speaker 1: Could you see yourself playing that game?
Speaker 4: Well, Emma wanted me to head over and punch when I finished football, but I think I sort of ended up playing probably a little bit too long. So I look, yeah, I've actually a former teammate of mine, Matt Haball, actually punts for New Orleans Saints. So there's a lot of Aussies over here, either in the college system, and then there's some in the NFL that are punting. I think, well, it's a unique skill that we're really good at. So I'm not sure if I would quite have theation, but we'll. Yeah, it's and it would be incredibly hard to be able pull off getting a contractor or starting in any form of Solly join FL. But yeah, look, I didn't think about it, but never any.
Speaker 3: More than is one of one.
Speaker 2: She just wanted to hang out with, make.
Speaker 3: A bit of coin and at the stage.
Speaker 2: Hey, Tom, have fun. Thanks for jumping on this morning. I mean we stumbled through that security check. We might po in a couple of hours and see how you're holding up.
Speaker 3: Hawk.
Speaker 4: Thank you guys. I'll look after myself and my security should get me into.
Speaker 2: The Gamebody have fun, Tom Hawk is there live from New Orleans before the Super Bowl. That about the the necklace, Now I might have made that up.
Speaker 3: No, No, we were talking about on the Today Show yesterday that it's a it's a Marti gra thing.
Speaker 2: It's Mardi Gras. But because I remember when I was over there and I was like, what's in anyone giving me?
Speaker 3: So it must be that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's if you want to shack up with someone. Yeah, you throw them at people that you think are hot. So that's why Tom was in Bourbon Street in New Orleans. It's like all these bars and like music bars, and there's it's like quite built up with these apartments above them, and people rent the apartments and they hang off the balconies and they see people on the streets and they throw them. It's so much fun.
Speaker 1: We must so just me the way Tom spoke the security. It sounded like he was hiding something.
Speaker 2: I thought he was sitting in a restaurant saying that's not my breakfast. Jason, Jason Lauren Wake Up Feeling Good on number one hundred on Socials