Speaker 1: Hi, I'm your uncle Matt, and I think you are a boy.
Speaker 2: No big bite.
Speaker 3: Where's Your Head At? Is a podcast that talks all things. Hold on a sec, let's give this a refresh.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 1: I'm Anna and I'm Matt, and we are now too newlywed not to each other. Just a female and male best friend here for the good, the bad, and the ugly.
Speaker 3: Times and exploring adulthood, family relationships, dilemmas.
Speaker 1: And whatever else we have the mental capacity to deal with.
Speaker 3: Come get the lowdown.
Speaker 1: This is your male and female perspective.
Speaker 3: So, Matt, where's your head at?
Speaker 1: Welcome Anna to another episode of Where's Your Head At?
Speaker 3: Hello?
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello?
Speaker 1: Where is your head at? Anna?
Speaker 3: My head is in a very excited place because currently sitting in front of me is a cupcake. Yes, and when you bude into this cupcake, it's going to reveal the gender of the baby.
Speaker 1: I've done some some in the mirror like reactions.
Speaker 3: Like practice, practice, so I'll be don't want to let us down.
Speaker 1: I don't want to let everyone down. And we want the real and the TikTok to look good, so I'll I'll do some good reaction.
Speaker 3: Don't do a fake reaction. I actually want to like genuine reaction from you.
Speaker 1: Well, when you told me you're pregnant was like a genuine reaction. I had no idea find Zero was even going on.
Speaker 3: You were like, weren't we talking about this in this episode?
Speaker 4: I really wanted to talk about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that was That was a funny one. That was good. Oh yeah, I was complaining about we weren't talking about I feel like you.
Speaker 3: Need to surprise me, like you're getting a lot of surprises. Okay, Zero want some surprises.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well i'll tell you what this is a surprise then, Okay, Okay, let's do it.
Speaker 4: I'm excited.
Speaker 1: So I'm obviously very heavily into my American football not playing. Don't worry, I'm not trying to surprise for me or you for everyone.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: I So we have a league of fantasy football, and we.
Speaker 3: Know describe a listener of the podcast.
Speaker 1: We know you know. Fantasy football is real players play a real game for our fake league, winning fake points for real winners. It's a hard to examin but there's the whole thing to it. I in the second back end of the season did very poorly with like the wedding and Honeymoon didn't make many trades got at the better of me. My players started to flop. I was getting really annoyed. Thought I drafted very well. The loser of the league's punishment.
Speaker 4: Are you the loser of the league?
Speaker 1: Okay? The loser of the punishment is they need to do a stand up act at a like a local stand up comic. What the word like?
Speaker 3: A comedy show?
Speaker 1: Comedy show? Yeah, so the loser is so I didn't come last. I was in the game, and the loser has to do that. I scored one hundred and thirty seven point nine eight and my opponent, Trent, scored one hundred and thirty six point six eight, So I lost by one, sorry, by one point thirty. Now I'm the vice commissioner of the league, and I said, to be a good sport, I will do an act as well.
Speaker 3: Because you've always wanted to do one. It's not even a punishment to you. You've literally you probably came up with the punishment knowing that you weren't.
Speaker 4: Going to do well.
Speaker 1: So everybody, it's we've spoken about dates. I'll put it on my Instagram, I'll put it on the podcast. It would be probably halfway between super Bowl and Draft night, I'm going to do a standup act in Melbourne.
Speaker 3: I'll probably be giving birth, so I don't know if time to make it.
Speaker 1: I'll try and make it then before you have birth or after? Yeah, so I right.
Speaker 3: May ideally okay before really may. So basically my surprise is that you're doing a comedy.
Speaker 1: How could you ask for anything else? Because you honestly asked for a vetters for happy? I am, I am, I'm really happy. I am having going to come down one hundred cent. She's excited for it. That's or maybe a little bit nervous. I'll be all right.
Speaker 3: I like the thing is is the one thing about Matt if I feel like you guys know Matt, but just more a little more insight, is he doesn't really get embarrassed. And he says to me that I feel like other people would get embarrassed about and you just have no shame, no nothing like Michael says, you would be like great salesman in the eighties.
Speaker 1: Eighties.
Speaker 4: Why is that you're so rogue, so roque?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I probably good time.
Speaker 3: He's got the more going on as well, guys. I feel like a.
Speaker 1: Great salesman in the eighties that I was a great salesman in like twenty twenty something, I did.
Speaker 3: Well, you are a good salesman.
Speaker 1: Soot it.
Speaker 3: But yeah, no, just a bit roque.
Speaker 1: The boys are laughing. They're saying, you know, it's not just going to be usset. There's going to be like people coming to watch a stand up show. I'm going to be doing it. So that was my side surprise for you. What to give it to.
Speaker 3: Your Do you want to give me the cupcake?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: So should I start by saying that this cupcake is a homemade cupcake? Well, it's well not homemade, it's col's bored. But for all of my other cupcake reveals, I basically put an order into a proper cupcake shop and they had either pink or blue in the middle.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I.
Speaker 3: Almost gave it away.
Speaker 4: I almost said it.
Speaker 3: Okay that I didn't imagin't pick up on xing some daydream lancets.
Speaker 1: You were talking.
Speaker 3: Anyway, So this morning I went to cold and got some food dye and our producer has kindly done something with it. So you need to look like at me, and then you're gonna open it and I'm also going to do a video, so I'm going to film you whilst doing it. So this is how it has to go. So do you want to be called uncle Matt? Which is Matt?
Speaker 1: Uncle Matt? I sound like I have a kid show.
Speaker 3: So you're gonna say, Hi, I'm your uncle Matt and I think you're a and then I buy it. Yeah, so you have no You have to say I think you're a what do you think is a boy? And then you bite it and then show without looking. No, you can look and then you'll know the answer.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll have food die all over my teeth.
Speaker 4: Because it's like a lot of food.
Speaker 1: All right, let's do it now. You made me a little bit nervous that it's like all official.
Speaker 3: Here is the cupcake. Let me get my phone ready.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'm looking at the cupcake now. There is no evidence of any color and it so Blake's done a really good job at that.
Speaker 4: Okay are you ready?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Don't look at the bottom because it's in the bottom. Okay, Hello, what do I say You're going to so they say Hi, I'm your uncle Matt and I think you're a.
Speaker 1: Okay, Hi, I'm your uncle Matt, and I think you are a boy.
Speaker 2: No big bite.
Speaker 1: Spirit for boy. It's a congratulations. Congratulations.
Speaker 3: That is a lot of food die and Matt is currently Oh.
Speaker 1: My god, congratulations. I had a feeling in my stomach that you were going to have a boy. I don't know why, I just saw it. And you want you want a boy? I think to as the oldest. Like I said in last week's episode.
Speaker 3: It's because you're the eldest and so like your mum had a boy first, So I feel like you want what you had kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I will. Yeah, well I want like I've got Wolf obviously as my stepsum but like Wolf is like you're mini me exactly. Yeah, And it's like you know it's I like, I feel happy for Michael. He's going to have that experience.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Staple's name. Let me see your teeth now, it's just like a tinge of blue.
Speaker 1: I'm going to finish this.
Speaker 4: Is it good?
Speaker 2: Your tongue is so blue.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't mind a cupcake in the morning.
Speaker 3: That is fully stuffy with this cupcake. So anyway, it's a boy. We were so excited to find out, genuinely when we did the gender reveal. So we did it and we had a big cake and we did the cut the glasses in the cake, and we both said before we were like, it's definitely a girl. Like there was nothing inside of me that even thought.
Speaker 1: It could be except for the actual baby.
Speaker 3: Except the actual baby.
Speaker 1: I'm a boy.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then literally when we put it in, I was so shocked, Like my reaction was genuine, like when I told you that I was pregnant. I had the same genuine shock of like, what, it's a boy.
Speaker 1: Really? There was no intuition, no, like.
Speaker 3: No mother's intuition. I mean, I will say that six months prior to even trying to get pregnant, I had the most vivid dream and I literally saw myself holding a baby boy. And I literally woke up that morning and was like to Michael, I know that our first baby is going to be a boy. But when we were trying every month, I was like, it'll be a boy. And then the month that we actually got pregnant, I said to Michael, if it's this month, I think it.
Speaker 4: Could be a girl.
Speaker 3: So it was boy boy, boy, boy boy, And then just randomly I thought it.
Speaker 1: Was a girl, and I do you have names. The name's locked in, The name's locked in. Locked won't say it on the podcast? Would you tell me? No? No, no, you don't want to say. Why is that?
Speaker 3: I mean, I think I just want it to be a bit of a surprise. Maybe I'll tell I think it's a bit of more. It's nice as a surprise. Maybe I'll give some clues out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but then someone guesses, but I won't.
Speaker 3: Confirm or deny. Maybe I can confirm if someone says it, but not like this is the name.
Speaker 1: It did. So we spoke about this on the phone today. Was there any like the wife's tales that you feel came true?
Speaker 3: Literally, none of the wives tales came true. Like the reason why I was so confident when we did this gender reveal is because every single wife's tale, everything that I was feeling was girl, girl, girl, girl, girl, Like there was nothing. Oh, I think the baby's heart rate was one forty five, and they say that under one forty. I don't know something along those lines, but it was so close to one forty. And it's like lower as one gender, higher as another. But yeah, all of the wives tales are bre So if you're pregnant and looking at the Wife's Tales. None of them worked for me. Michael was telling me the whole time. He's like, you can't trust these, like they're not scientifically proven. And I was like, yes, do you care.
Speaker 1: Did you say an old Greek lady came up to you and said you've got a boy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so our neighbor. Actually I think.
Speaker 1: She's a witch.
Speaker 3: No, I feel like the Greeks just have that intuish shado. So yeah, our neighbor. She's this beautiful Greek woman. And she came up to me and touched my tummy and she's like, congratulations on your little boy. And I was like, did I tell you that? And she's like, no, I can just tell by the shape of your tummy. And I was like, but it's so funny because what the internet says about my tummy is that I'm having a girl. Like the look of my tummy to me, looks.
Speaker 4: Like a girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Look, But even the receptionist here at Nova was like, I think I can tell it's a boy by the shape.
Speaker 1: She did say something that.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: I know the wives tales, I don't know how true they are, guys, I know that we love we love old I loved an old wife tale until well.
Speaker 1: We've spoke in the last episode about conspiracy theories. I'll get into it, but as soon as someone starts getting into it, I'm like, come on, like, there's nothing like.
Speaker 3: It's fun to participate in. I will say that it is fun, but when.
Speaker 1: Song gets passionate and actually believes it, You're like, like, come on, come on on, the FBI to do with that?
Speaker 4: Literally.
Speaker 3: So yeah, anyway, we're having a little boy. I'm so excited, so excited.
Speaker 1: I'm excited for you. Amazing. Yah, I get him into wrestling?
Speaker 3: What am I getting into wrestle? I don't know When's uncle Matt takes him to wrestling. That's so crazy though. I feel like twenty twenty four we weren't stressed out about the baby at all, and then twenty twenty five hit and we've been like, is our house speak enough? Like we live in a two bedroom house. We like, where's the stuff that obviously the baby's nursery is my current makeup room. So I'm like, where is all my makeup room stuff gonna go? Where's do we have enough of space here? We need a new car because we share a car. Michael and I and it's a low car, and Michael's sister has been like they've hurt that both of them have hurt their back from like getting in and out of the car. I mean you, Timmy has a high car. Will you guys have a high time so you wouldn't be breaking your back, But yeah, going low to get the bag just like so much. I just think that the whole pregnancy feels so much more real now that it's a boy. And also now that it's this year, the baby comes this year, It's it's very close, it's very incoming.
Speaker 1: Very close. Like it's halfway halfway, aren't you. Yeah, well about your makeup room though.
Speaker 3: Babies halfway halfway this week.
Speaker 1: Having a child is about sacrifice, So you'll have to sacrifice your makeup room.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, I think I'm gonna have to just downside, get a smaller one and just put it somewhere random in the house.
Speaker 4: We're all fit.
Speaker 1: Do you need a makeup thing?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So we're are we going to do my makeup? I sit on there every morning if I'm doing makeup, or at least to brush my hair.
Speaker 1: Foreign foreign thing. I don't understand that first. Real problems, problems just a girl. Should we get into today's episode. Let's do it and we're friends.
Speaker 3: We are friends.
Speaker 1: We are friends, but you've got to admit, like with like me moving up to the Gold Coast, you've been pregnant, me having a fa like literally a family, adopted family almost what you can call that? How do you call it?
Speaker 4: Built in?
Speaker 1: Built in family? That's the word. Got built in family. Now it does get hard to hang out and socialize with, you know, your friends at this age as well. I feel like you know, I'm working nine till five each day, get home, I want to go gym. You got to spend time with your wife, quality time with her and the kids and all that. It gets hard to make time and prioritize seeing.
Speaker 3: Your friends one hundred percent. I think, how old are you now?
Speaker 1: I'm twenty nine, so you're thirty this year thirtieth?
Speaker 3: Are you having a thirtieth?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the plan. Nothing a couple of months away. I wanted to do what July the fourth. I wanted to do white Christmas.
Speaker 3: In July in Gold Coast or in Melbourne.
Speaker 1: I haven't sought that far ahead, but Tammy's.
Speaker 3: Keep in mind.
Speaker 1: I'll be like with a baby, I might have to here because it'd be like what my friendship circles here? Yeah, you know what I mean. Like, but I want to do a white Christmas in July.
Speaker 3: It's so fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Tammy wasn't two about it, Like as you have like white Christmas trees, white Christmas decorations, like we all wear Christmas jumpers, have like a roast dinner.
Speaker 3: That sounds fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah that she I don't know, maybe she has something else planned. We'll touch on that later.
Speaker 3: We'll touch back on that. But my point is is that we are now I'm going to say, you're in your thirties now, yeah.
Speaker 4: Them, and you've been saying you're in your thirties for about two years.
Speaker 3: Let's just actually accept it because this year you will be thirty, will be thirty. I'm thirty two. I'll be thirty three in April as well. No, we're getting on. So I think friendships in your twenties are so different to friendships in your thirties. And I think that we both realized that. I think in the past like three to four kind of years, we've kind of spoken about it here in there. Obviously, I had a friendship breakup last year. Which was super challenging and difficult, but I've just kind of let that go now and I'm just like, you know, it was obviously not meant to.
Speaker 1: Be apart from well, we'll get into all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 3: But yeah, you grow apart from friends. But I think that there's also different tiers of friends that you have. So like, you're kind of and this sounds like bad, but you have kind of like your eighteen which is the closest of the closest people to you who you don't want to lose out of your life. I agree, And then you'll have like a B tier of friends, the B team.
Speaker 1: I would always I would always say growing up, my mates would always say like you'd say, oh, mates for them, and you'd be like, they just a disco mate. You there's something that you just meet out.
Speaker 5: You might talk to you when you're out your clubbing friend, You're not gonna like, you know, you'd say blah blah, and you know, he's just a mate that's like a Clayton's through mates and you know you chat to him at a club or something.
Speaker 1: You know you're not gonna get a coffee with them during the week.
Speaker 3: I mean, you might if you were like, but yeah, you have to really like force enforce that friendship, make it happen, make it happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, we both had this come up last year with our wedding invites, right, we both saw where people fall into and what category category frame they are. And obviously I had a lot of people that I would want to avite and I'm sure you did, but they weren't in that original because we obviously half to lose to each they weren't in my top like fifty people. And I was like, so it's kind of hard, like you said, like you've got to figure out that at this age as well, where the tears fall.
Speaker 3: And it's also do you know what, I think this is such a big thing when you do hit your thirties. I feel like you go through these big milestone events like Matt was saying, the wedding or the engagement party or having a baby, and you kind of look around and you have to really evaluate, like am I going to pay two hundred dollars for this person's head at my wedding? Are they have I spoken to this person in the past six months or as someone who's pregnant has has this friend checked in on me to see how I'm going whilst I'm pregnant or have I not really heard from that person, And unfortunately, I feel like hard truths come about when you hit your thirties.
Speaker 1: On that though, Okay, so this is where it get interesting. On that though, Sometimes you don't talk to people every day, but then when you see them, it is like nothing has happened, true, and you would still consider them like a close close friends. So they easy struggle with that, but you've got to like.
Speaker 3: But that's a specific type of friend I feel, and I feel like.
Speaker 1: You would know that, Yes, you would know the friendship and what the expectations are with that friend, do you know what I mean? Like if they are someone that like you don't talk to you every day, but then when you see them your best friends, yeah, and then you would know that then you wouldn't expect them to be like handing you and you're pregnant or handing you and all that sort of stuff. But like, yeah, there's tears.
Speaker 3: But still it's still a check in. I feel like there's a check in and I have and I do totally hear what you're saying as well, Like I have two friends who now live internationally, one in London, one in la and they've both come back into town over the Christmas break and they're going to be here in Melbourne for the first half of January. So like, now's the time for me to see those friends. But they have reached out and said how's the pregnancy going, da da da, when normally maybe wouldn't have spoken as much. Yeah, so I think like knowing that like things are happening with people as well, I agree.
Speaker 1: I mean it does. It happens though, like life literally happens, and that's sort of what we're going to talk about. Like you, life happens, and you've got to figure out. Like I remember growing up, I always would be like my dad worked like I would say, seven and a half days a week, and I'd be like, he doesn't. I'd be like, you have no friends. And now that I'm older, I realize that it's hard when you have family work, you don't get time.
Speaker 3: To see him, and like, yeah, family will always take number one priority, like your immediate family, and then you have like the extended family, which would be your parents, your partner's parents, if you have a partner.
Speaker 1: With sisters and brothers, and.
Speaker 3: Exactly, and then it's like your actual chosen family, which is your friends. So it really does start. It gets harder because obviously time is limited, people who are working long hours.
Speaker 1: Well even me popping down to Melbourne this weekend, like I can really prioritize who I was going to see and what I was going to do, do you know what I mean? Like who was I going to invest my time in what I was going to do? Like it's that I find that I have a little bit difficult as well in that respect.
Speaker 3: Well, you've moved away, so you have. I feel like it's hard as it is in your thirties with people kind of growing up and moving on and drawing apart from each other. But I think moving States brings that to a whole different dynamic.
Speaker 1: I was talking to tell me about this, and I was saying, I have mates up there, like friends, I mean a good friend I've rekindled with is Owen from Love Island. We hang out, yeah, is at the wedding. Yeah, we hang out like weekly, go for walks, go to swaun our train and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 4: So good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I've been hanging out with him a lot, but apart from that, I wouldn't say I have many friends up there, if not any Like I have friends obviously through Tammy.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: Some guy from Melbourne who's moved up there that I know through people and we were chatting and he was saying, come play football like Aussie rules, like you can make friends doing that, and I was like, yeah, that's it. And I spoke to the boys here are out and they're like, that's a really good idea. You should do that, just even if you're not doing it all the time. Just run down and have a run around and make some friends. So there's ways of making friends. But like I said, you're busy and you're thirty, and I was like I would always say I've got enough friends, but now I don't o there no you need now I need some friends.
Speaker 3: Don't beat yourself up about it though, Like it is hard, and like we said, people in our age rage are losing friends. They're not trying to get in anymore. So it's not as easy as it used to be. But I think, yeah, joining the local footy club is a great way to make new friends. Know, if you have something that you're interested in, like pottery. I always say I want to do pottery. I never do it, but like, I feel like people with similar interests.
Speaker 4: Are great new friends.
Speaker 1: That's a starting point.
Speaker 3: Interestingly enough, by the time people hit their thirties, a number of their close friends drops by thirty percent compared to in their twenties. That's a big drop.
Speaker 1: That's a huge that's yeah, I can. I wouldn't say I've lost thirty percent of friends, but I would say that I, like I said before, i'd prioritize people.
Speaker 3: In their company a little as strange.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wouldn't go out of my way for people that I don't think fill my cup. Yeah, and I don't want to.
Speaker 3: It's not it's not even that I think sometimes it's just like you just don't have enough time. Yeah, Like there's not ten mats, there's not ten annas, although you might want to see someone. I feel like as as you get older, like when we were younger, we would just see everyone at the club on a Saturday or a Friday night and then that box was tipped, or like you'd have UNI or maybe a part time job and have all this spare time. And I just think it's not as easy as its to be. No friendships in your thirties often decline. And I know this all sounds very negative.
Speaker 1: I was going to say people are in their twenties, so it seems.
Speaker 3: Just like far of my life, but they tend to become deeper and more meaningful. So your friendships with the people who you do keep in contact with are deeper, are more meaningful, are more substantial, and you do feel like you'll have those friends for life.
Speaker 1: I agree. Okay, I know we've been a little bit negative.
Speaker 4: A little bits.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Nigasaurus rex for a while. What are some ways that if we feel like we're drifting from our friends, or we feel like we're losing a friendship that we want to keep, what are some ways we can so?
Speaker 3: I think just trying to remain in contact with people as much as possible, whether that be texting, through social media, giving someone a little heart, interacting with our friends's posts. I think that unfortunately, people get into this weird kind of habit of not engaging with what your friends post on social media. I'm the opposite. If I have one of my best friends posting story me that you do interacting, everyone's the office. Yeah, yeah, but at all it's something like that, Yeah, you can see it and you're like, yeah, well I've seen it. But I think just like giving someone like a little love heart on their story or clapping hands if they do something cool, or just interacting with their content, it's such a small way to really connect with someone. Obviously, social media is so big in people's life.
Speaker 1: I tell you what I do. I'll say you, I'll reply to someone or reply to something, and then and I'm so busy or like occupied, they will reply and I just won't reply back, and I feel terrible sometimes and I'll come back like six days later and I'll be like, oh the fox, like I forgot to reply, you know what I mean. Yeah, And I'm very guilty of that, and I feel like people get offended. But it's like, come on, like you know what I mean, Like I replied to your story when I was sitting on the couch. You reply like three hours later. I'm now, you know, back at my desk or you know.
Speaker 3: I think we can all do better with that. I agree, Like it is obviously like we're saying, like we all live busy lives, but I think you can make time for what's important. Yeah, we can all do better.
Speaker 1: I agree. I agree here. Yeah, I'll take that, But no, I.
Speaker 3: Think, like, yeah, interacting with like people who you would consider one of your close friends. I think it's such an easy way to connect with the people you love, and I think people notice it and they appreciate it as well.
Speaker 1: I definitely do keep that engagement coming.
Speaker 3: It's not about engagement, it's about friendship connection mat.
Speaker 4: Video calls.
Speaker 3: I think having a little video call with someone, especially if you're living in different states. Obviously we now live in different states. Having a little video call you feel more connected to someone, or if your friend lives overseas, great way to connect.
Speaker 1: Hundred percent on that though. Social media is a great way to connect with people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And a poll found that forty nine percent of people in their thirties say that they rely on digital communication to keep up with friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I agree, I think that, Like, that's probably my main point of contact with the Instagram. Yeah, like of talking to my friends.
Speaker 3: In that and obviously in person reactions are more meaningful. Sixty three percent said that in person interactions felt more meaningful.
Speaker 1: But on that Instagram one, yes, do you have like group chats or friends that you just fucking hammer with reels all the time, like, that's pretty much you do to me. Yeah, that's pretty much my way of communicating with people, Just hammering reels, hammering tiktoks to them. Yeah, that's literally my point of contact. Like I'll get stuck in a hole and I.
Speaker 3: Just I send you in Michael reels. Probably.
Speaker 1: Yeah, none of your other friends.
Speaker 3: If it's in relation to them, Yeah, just like No, we have group chats and they're just straight fire reels.
Speaker 1: Like sometimes you'll look at you. I've got like thirty reels to catch up on from the boys too much. It's too much. They're all quality, so you get through them and you're laughing by the end.
Speaker 3: I think loneliness is very predominant in thirties, and people said that they felt more lonely in their thirties as opposed to their twenties and forties, which is really interesting. At least we all know that there's a light at the end of the tunnel.
Speaker 1: Well, I've got some ways to combat that loneliness. If you're feeling lonely, do you want me to tell you something please? First, One, you spend more time in public spaces, like I mean, some people are embarrassed to go I guess sit down and have a coffee by themselves, or like a lunch by themselves or something. So maybe go to a like a library, or go to a park and touch grass. No, seriously, after get grounded, get grounded.
Speaker 3: Waking to the beach and like getting your shoes off and putting your feet in the is so lovely grounding. The other day, actually this reminds me. I saw this girl. She was sitting at a cafe, had a book, and she was eating her breakfast and reading a book. And I was like, that looks lovely. I want to do that.
Speaker 1: I had an X years ago go get like breakfast by yourself, and I also fine not I also flabbergasted by it. I was like, you're lying, you're with someone. I was like, surely there is just cheating. Oh, there is no way you're going to breakfast play yourself. We were like twenty something, so you just it wasn't a thing back then, Like I felt like that was like a more mature, older thing too. Yeah, no one if she'd done mesure for me, there is no way that you were having breakfast by yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I couldn't get my head around it. This one goes this one goes well, volunteer, do something for charity, be around people, and then it can fill your cup as well and make you feel, you know, good about yourself.
Speaker 3: At the same time, when I was eighteen nineteen twenty, I used to volunteer at the local soup kitchen and I made some really good friends. And everyone is so welcoming, so lovely, and like there's people. There was people my age, there was people older. It was like a very mixed bag of people and just people who you might not necessarily come across in your daily life. And it was honestly so nice. It's actually lovely to connect with other people. And then obviously when you would go to like the soup kitchen, there'd be a corner where you'd bring all the food and then people would come and collect it. And just having conversations with people and learning about their life. Hear some stories from people living some very interesting stories. Yeah, absolutely this one.
Speaker 1: Take yourself on a movie date.
Speaker 3: See, I don't know about that. I don't I think that for me gives me a bit like a stressy vibe.
Speaker 1: I've watched a movie by myself once at the cinema. Yeah, Tammy felt sick, so she left and it was I wanted to watch it, and I was like, well, it don't. I've got the ticket. So she said to stay. She was like, oh, watch it. She wasn't. I think she wasn't really keen for it that one. And I was like, well, we're here, like we're literally at the door, and she was like, I don't know if I can sit through it. And I was like, well, yeah, like I'm going to stay. And she's like, fine, you get a movie. Like she was cool about it, and it was fine. It was fine. She likes to be at the front though, so like I was pretty close to the front, so I was like this, but it was, yeah, it was fine. I enjoyed breaking the neck. Yeah, cook in the neck was fine. I nearly that nearly happened again after she had surgery and she was like, I can't make it and I had the tickets. There's this one going into too much detail. You know, I'm a nerd when it comes to horrors. It was this one. It was like a screening. There wasn't many screenings of it. It was like nine thirty at night and I was like, babe, I'm not missing this, Like I'm going and Ava ended up coming with me, so that was a right. So I nearly went alone, but na I didn't.
Speaker 3: I mean, you guys, I will say, go to a lot of movies. It's just like once a week you go to the movies, the actual movies. Pretty wild. I haven't been to the movies in like a year.
Speaker 1: You go twice in a day sometimes, so we'll take the kids to one and then we'll go later and watch a horror.
Speaker 3: Like I don't know, there's something about the movies, and I know this is like very strange, but being in a dark room kind of freaks me out and it makes me think of like negative things.
Speaker 1: Never would you watch a horror in the movies.
Speaker 4: Absolutely not.
Speaker 1: That one we watched in a violent nature. We were the only ones in the cinema and it was about like a serial killer going around killing people. Don't I don't get scared.
Speaker 3: But anyway, I could not do. I don't think I could go to the movies by myself, just like I couldn't go ice skating by myself or bowling by myself. I feel like it's an activity thing that you're sharing, an experience.
Speaker 1: I bowled by myself.
Speaker 4: Have you?
Speaker 3: But you were in a bowling club, so it's different. I probably bought your own bowling ball as well.
Speaker 2: Didn't you like it up?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I did. Remember before I met Tammy and I did heaps of dates by myself. I went to the movies by myself then as well. Yeah, we were dating myself. I want to watch a movie. No, I didn't do it, but I think I went on walks. I went on to the movies by myself.
Speaker 3: You were in the mindset like, I'm not dating anyone ever again.
Speaker 1: Well, that's true as well. I was single and I obviously met Tammy. Find a new hobby.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we said that before football.
Speaker 1: You meet people. I don't know. You said pottery.
Speaker 3: That's on my I love to do pottery.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you're gonna meet people around you that want the same thing.
Speaker 3: Have a baby and you can join a mother's club.
Speaker 1: Are you doing that?
Speaker 3: I think that when you have the baby, they sign you up to a mother's club.
Speaker 1: My mum's best friend, my like now Auntie, she met at mother's club.
Speaker 3: They met at mother's club. See, I could be meeting one of my future best friends.
Speaker 1: This is a that is a really I was just thinking that as you were saying that, Like we're saying that losing friends in your thirties, but like you can have ways of meeting your friends. You might not even know your best friend, like when you die, you might not even have met him yet.
Speaker 4: S true.
Speaker 3: I mean it's so crazy, like when obviously I was born in the UK and I had growing up in the UK the bestest of bestest friends, Like we were inseparable. Her name was Nicole and literally we would do everything together. We were inseparable. It was always Anna Nicole and on social media and I have her on social media, but now we like don't talk and I'm like, it's so crazy. We were so we were the best of friends and it's just crazy. How you know, over your lifetime friendships change so much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I I have my best friends from primary school at my wedding. I'm still mates with them.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: My best man I knew when I was nine Dale nine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot of photos on you nine.
Speaker 1: I could probably muscle some.
Speaker 3: Are maybe do it and put it on the face.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I have I have ones with like another mate Nathan that I have from like six that I was kicked.
Speaker 3: But then, is there any friends that you were very close with in like primary, probably those you're not that you're now I'm not.
Speaker 1: Friends with, are that I'm not friends with, Yeah, they would be not at the top of my head, Yeah, because because I'm not close to them, so I can't think of them straight away. But yeah, I'm sure there is no but like it's.
Speaker 3: Just that thing is of like, you know, obviously me and Nicole living completely different countries and at different ends of the world.
Speaker 1: I mean, you go to a different high school in different.
Speaker 3: Circ Yeah, it's different, but obviously it would be nice.
Speaker 1: I sit at the back of the bastace it at the front.
Speaker 4: And on that.
Speaker 1: Then, Look, it's not all bleak and grooming out there when you're hit thirty. I mean, I've got plenty of friends. We're just saying that, you know, people will come and go from your life, and you'll start to notice that as you grow older and sure, but we do appreciate the friends, your close friends that we have now. I mean I feel like they're ride or die, and I feel like there's nothing that will tear us apart.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I don't expect to lose any more friends in my lifetime. Like I want to be friends with these people forever, forever and.
Speaker 1: Ever and ever, saying winning crashes high will find you can't go anywhere. You're my friend.
Speaker 3: Okay, guys, until next time, Bye bye,