Speaker 1: This podcast is being recorded and produced on gadiicol Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and elders past present.
Speaker 1: We extend our respect to any First Nations Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people joining.
Speaker 2: Us today, always was, always will be Aboriginal Land.
Speaker 1: I am fraizing as fuck in the studio today. Welcome to close friends anyway, cude, you know what? Everyone? While Matt's distracted on his phone, I just want to be you're already recording, yes, I want to say while you're just being distracted, I really want to make some jingles that we can play in our episodes, like we could have. You gotta let me know what you think. Maybe you can tell us in our broadcast channel. But I want to have like little segments like that we do every so often, and then there's like a little jingle that we play and it's us singing the jingle and then everyone will like know the jingle. It'll be really cool, really fun. I've told Matt this before, but he just never listens to me or my ideas, and he's so distracted by his phone.
Speaker 2: Now that text look at the wedding.
Speaker 1: He wasn't even listening to.
Speaker 2: It's the Disney Castle, which is a Disney and then it's got a little trap door with a unicorn that comes out of it. Wait were we saying, I'm.
Speaker 1: Not telling I'm telling everyone else. So anyway, everyone, let me know what you think about that we're thinking about. I've been doing my own little podcast right now.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Matt, I don't even think I got a warning that the wed hit records, so you can all give it.
Speaker 1: Let me know what you think about it.
Speaker 2: Welcome to close friends. How are we doing well?
Speaker 1: We're waiting to hear your story that you told us about in the main episode, which was, oh.
Speaker 2: The feeder story. It's actually not even that exciting.
Speaker 1: Someone to you, Yes, back.
Speaker 2: In the day I had it's all. It's not that it's not that exciting. Actually, I don't know why I hyped it up. But we're talking about Niko Kardo Avocado and that the mook bunk content can be feeder contents of the actually like people.
Speaker 1: Love that, and no shame to that. We don't shame any fetishes.
Speaker 2: Which not that it was a sexual thing. But I did go through a phase of being obsessed with watching twenty thousand calorie challenges where they just eat all fucking day and I don't even know what it was like. Obviously not a sexual thing, but I would just watch fascinated going because even me, as a fat person, cannot imagine eating that much in one day. So to watch like these gym junkie boys be like, twenty thousand dollars, We're going to Dunkin Donuts and I'm doing fifty fifty donuts for breakfast, I'm like, what theF is going on there?
Speaker 1: Like then, I've heard people say that they don't actually I mean that those ones that go to places and eat obviously they're eating it all when they do the food challenges. But I've heard that a lot of the mook bummers like spit it out when they're at home. But the people that go and do food challenges, I mean, good on them.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Anyway, I was just going to say that I've been asked to do some very strange things in my life back when I was single and was on the dating apps and things like that. I mean, you'd find some strange men and you'd be asked to incorporate food in many different ways. You know, one a big one that people have asked for, that multiple people have asked for, is sitting on a cake. I don't know what that is.
Speaker 1: Wait with a bear?
Speaker 2: Ass Yeah yeah, come over, sit on the cake and then I'll eat it, asshole. So I never did any of that obviously, but you know, I almost wish I did, just for the good story, just for the plot.
Speaker 1: Just for the I we need to start doing things for the plot, just for the pod, just fuck around and find out.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll go and sit on some cakes, and.
Speaker 1: Does anyone want to buy one? We'll get the cheesecake factory. Your club with cheesecake factory. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't even like cheesecake that much, but the cheesecake factory just does it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Because now I'm going to want to go.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 1: I've got to stay here tonight.
Speaker 2: Oh, come with me. There's a cheesecut shop in Marubra.
Speaker 1: Let's go, because I've got all night to kill. Because why do you.
Speaker 2: Tell me I've put on so much work today. You need to let me know because we could do I'll push it all to tomorrow, but we can do something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I only found out last night. Oh okay, thank you.
Speaker 2: So what are you here for?
Speaker 1: I got to meet the fucking NBN technician at Paramatta store tomorrow. Oh nice, in between the hours of eight and twelve.
Speaker 2: Did we talk on the podcast already? No, we didn't. I went past your Paramatta store the other day and I thought, because I was in param why the hell was I in Paramatta? Oh that's right, Oh God, I'll give a shout out to this, to this burger joint in Grandville, of all places, Granville. I got no idea. But the other night I was, I was in the mood for a chicken burger. It was two o'clock in the morning, and I thought, what were you doing there? I thought this morning? Well, no, I wasn't. I wasn't there, but I was like, I want to go and I want a chicken but I want good food. And so I like looked at those one o'clock in the morning, like what's open? And the only bloody place in Sydney that was open was this burger joint in in Granville. And it was, oh, one of the best chicken burgers I've ever had in my life. And you know I love a chicken burger. I even mentioned chicken Burgers in the main episode this week. Didn't know the Bar and Bay Hotel anyway.
Speaker 1: Tried Flappys is that one? Yeah, I have in western Sydney somewhere, Yeah, I have. I just want to look at where Grandville is.
Speaker 2: The juicy the Crispy Chicken was really juicy, really nice, but like the rest of the experience was pretty underwhelm.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's literally right near Paramatta.
Speaker 2: So yes, I was just around the corner and I thought, I'll go and check out Fate. And I thought, what I'll do is I'll take a little video or something out the front, because surely there's like a sign on the door that says like Fate coming soon or something like that. Not a bloody thing in sight, love, just a bare bones. And all the fucking lights were on.
Speaker 1: I don't know how to turn them off, so I just leave them all.
Speaker 2: And I was like a lit up like a Christmas tree. And I'm thinking it's good advertising, it is, but there's no there to advertise. It just says coming soon, doesn't tell your what it is, creating mystery in the heart of Paramatter. Yeah, and also love that you're literally positioned just across the road from the Westfield.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, so bitch, I love it the Westfield. I love it like it's up above.
Speaker 2: Oh is it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, I love that. Well, we're a little bit delayed as usual. These things happen in store openings. But the good thing about building a stories, everything happens like off site, so then they just bring it all in and like build it all their kind of things. So we're a few weeks delayed, but these things happen, So that's why there was nothing in there. But I got to go there tomorrow and meet the NBN technician because they've got to set up a new cable. Oh really exciting stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I found that burger joint. It's called yg Burger House. It is on Railway Parade in Grandville, just opposite the train station, and it has a Google review summary of four point seven stars. That's pretty good, almost as good as high scrollers. And that's six hundred and thirty seven reviews. And look at the five star reviews up the top there. You can see it's through the roof. There's no two star reviews. There's only a couple of one star reviews, but majority of from five stars. And I would agree five star review from.
Speaker 1: Me even at one o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 2: I think they shut it two or three, I don't know, were were only ones there. It was gorgeous, really nice and also it's halal. So I actually had a coca cola, but not a coca cola because it was helal and coke isn't halal, did you know? So I had to have it. I think it was called a Salaam a Salaam cola or something like that. Delicious. I loved it.
Speaker 1: I have to go there. I'm going to go stay at Paramounta tonight.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, go there. No, I'm coming with you. I'm coming with you. Come on, let's go, I'll come really yeah, Okay, then we can do a review, okay, because I want you to know if I want you to see if it's five.
Speaker 1: Stars, where's this flappy thing that I keep seeing?
Speaker 2: Oh, that's out in Penrith.
Speaker 1: It's like another twenty minutes from Paramounta.
Speaker 2: Oh probably further Penrith is camp though they've got like a fire truck up on a pole. That was nice. I did enjoy my time in Penrith therefore, well, I went to try flappies literally, just you know, I don't leave the house unless it's for food, like I travel for food dulling. So we went to Flappies, as I said, yeah it was it was fried chicken. Wasn't anything spectacular like you get a cup of sorts. Yeah, it wasn't anything spectacular, but I tried it. And then we just drove around Penrith, went to Penwrith Beach. They've got a beach out there.
Speaker 1: Is that that new one they built on the pot a while ago?
Speaker 2: And I don't know. I went to the CBD of Penrith it said city Center or CBD or something. Thought that was hilarious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the listing to lose right now, crying that you're shaming their Flappies and CBD.
Speaker 2: I'm not shaming no one. I'm not shaming anyone. If I had to pick between Penrith and Paramatta, though, I.
Speaker 1: Feel like Paramatter is cool these days, why did you just roll your eyes?
Speaker 2: I pleaded the fifth. I is paramedical. You know, there was a time where I considered moving out to Paramatta really and I got over that pretty quickly. But yeah, just thought I want to change from the East the Eastern suburbs. It's going downhill.
Speaker 1: Would you ever move home, like home to the Central Coast. Yeah, would you want to settle down in the Central Coast? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Maybe, I don't know. I feel like that is an option. It's actually so weird because at the moment I'm finding that, like, no one's.
Speaker 1: In Sydney really, everyone's afford to.
Speaker 2: Be here, everyone that moved down from the Central Coast with me, all my friends, I think as well, leading into my thirties, you know, we're thinking about a lot of things, and I'm like, do I even want to live in Sydney anymore? It's a very strange thing place to be.
Speaker 1: I think that's why I like Newcastle, because I'm close enough to Sydney. But like people always say, because they know that I come here for the pods, like are you ever going to move down? Like for what? Like I've got everything that I need in Newcastle minus all like the traffic and the chaos, and it's got everything that you could ever need. And then if I need to come here, it's two hours.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I like living in a regional city. I hate the freeway though, why it's such a nice drive.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I just think I moved down to Sydney to avoid driving on the freeway five six, seven times.
Speaker 1: You do a lot more things here to be fair, like you go to events in premieres and all this shit. Yeah I don't, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean I would, But also I don't know. I just love the apartment life, and there's not many apartments on the central coasts that are up to my standard. And if they are, they're in random places that I don't want to live. So it's a bit hard. But I don't know. I did consider going out to our rents, just about to go up to odd Forbid in October. They haven't told us yet, but when it comes through Christmas, you might catch me living above Fate in Paramatta.
Speaker 1: You can have to stay at the back.
Speaker 2: Well that's what we thought. We thought, like, they've got the nice apartments out there, but they're a little bit cheap. I don't know what they're like now. I haven't looked in years at the rental prices, but I don't know. But then Sky and I have the luxury of being like, do we just fuck off to Perth?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Really good Scenter in the works or the Gold Coast. We did look at the Gold Coast for a hot minute.
Speaker 1: Then we would like to move to the Gold Coast. A J and I are obviously renovating our house right now, so we're going to enjoy that for a little while. But I could see us moving up there at some point.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll come with you because houses are way cheaper on the Gold Coast.
Speaker 1: They are, but they're still expensive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like even renting so much. Oh yeah, sorry, I forget. We're on two different tax brackets, so I don't know what it's like buying a house in the Gold Coast. But rent's definitely cheaper.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's a tiny bit cheaper, but not like it used to be a lot more drastically cheaper in Queensland than New South Wales. But now everything's gone up, and.
Speaker 2: Then I would have moved to Melbourne. But I think the last time I went to Melbourne I just got a bit over it. I think I absolutely love Melbourne, but when I went a couple of months ago, the cold.
Speaker 1: The weather is fuss. They're just used to.
Speaker 2: It, BWS freezer. Where you're going to get the curtains a beer. I remember when I would go into there to get the goon sacks ready to go on a night out. When I was.
Speaker 1: Younger, I fucking hate going in the freezer room.
Speaker 2: Oh that is what Melbourne felt like. I was absolutely appalled. What's going on? So I couldn't do that. Adelaide's nice. I don't think enough it happens down there. For me, I think I need some stimulation and I'm just I'm just still a bit like what are you doing, Adelaide? Every time I go, I go, the wine's beautiful. I'm having a great snitty at the pub.
Speaker 1: But see I went there the other ones to do month, like last month or something. I got there at the night and then like woke up, went straight to look at this place and then left. But we were like in the CBD and as we were like driving around the Uber, I was like, this place is so cute, Like I want to go and spend some time there and then I could.
Speaker 2: Do you know what, I'd love the Cans. Actually I did like Cans. When I could move to Byron, I do that. Yeah, maybe a bit of a sea change, grow my beard out, grumm my hair long. Become a surfer. Are there any fat surfers out there? I'll be the first, or maybe you can't be a fat surfer. Because of the aerodynamics, it doesn't work. I'll get me on a boogie board. I used to be a killer boogie board boy when I was younger. I could body surf, do all that. So maybe I go back to my roots and become a surfer boy.
Speaker 1: I reck our vote Central Coast, so then you're closer to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh that is true as well. And we can carpool down to Sydney, or we might not need to go to Sydney. Maybe I'll come up to Newcastle. You build a podcast studio up there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I'll tell AJ he can do that anyway.
Speaker 2: Are we going to start this episode.
Speaker 1: Now we're in it?
Speaker 2: Oh, we've been doing the episode the whole time.
Speaker 1: Yes, what the fuck are you talking?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm on another wavelength today, so that's all good.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what are we going to do? This oftener?
Speaker 2: These close friends is like literally us.
Speaker 1: Talking to each other like no one else is summed.
Speaker 2: Out for a little bit there, and I honestly forgot we were recording. I was like, we're just talking about renting houses. I forget what I said. I hope I said I didn't say anything that people will Oh, no, that we did start the episode because the Feeder stories forgot all about that. Yeah, sitting on cakes and stuff, and then we got here. Oh you know, in another world, I would do that sort of content. I wish I had the bravery to sell feet picks and things like that.
Speaker 1: Honestly I would do fee. But I just I don't know why.
Speaker 2: My whole thing is so I just don't trust. How are they paying you? Like, do you get payment before the feet picks? I'm sending my feet picks and then waiting for payment.
Speaker 1: That seems a bit to get paid beforehand.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh god, okay, I'm just thinking about it. I'm just thinking about my god. Let me tell you, in the pandemic, I hardly considered the feet pick and then I looked at my fan and went, no one's paying for these dogs. But I you know what I almost became in the pandemic. What I have I told this before on the podcast, that I almost became a drop shipper. No I have money, no money, not a cent to my name. And I think it was either twenty I think it was twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: You always started a drop What were you going to sell dog water bottles?
Speaker 2: That the water bottles that come with a little bowl, and fuck they took off, but I got too nervous about the whole thing. So it was that and and there were a few other things as well, light up dog collars, you know, because I did the course. It's on YouTube. They're all free, but it's all these things. You just watch them, like ten part series of how to become a drop shipper. And anyway, it did it all and then was just going to start the businesses like a sard hustle that were not even a start ups on main hustling the pandemic.
Speaker 1: Why if anyone doesn't know what drop shipping is, it's essentially you start up a website in Australia like an e commerce store, and the shady thing about it is it looks like a real store in Australia, like it looks like a legit website. And then Matt would link himself up with all of these suppliers overseas that sell and make all these products. So when an order would go through Matt's store, the supplier overseas would get the thing notification that it would get shipped out from there straight to your door. And then that's why when sometimes you order off these random websites, it takes four weeks to get to your door, even though it looked like an Australian website. Yeah, so that's drop shipping. And it blew up in COVID.
Speaker 2: Blew up in COVID and almost did it. I did it. I fully activated the whole thing, bought the website, bought the Facebook advertising, all the rest of it. Got my first sale.
Speaker 1: Why didn't you tell me this?
Speaker 2: I think probably? I don't know, Like was I I can't remember, but like, was I embarrassed that I was having to like drop ship from my because remember COVID was such a hard time as well. I had moved down to Sydney to be like I'm going to be a star, and then the world shut down and I had to move back in with my dad on the Central Coast. So I was like in that hot, fucking, stinking hot room about the garage, on a trestle table, on a trestle table, with calculators and sheets out and the laptop out, learning how to be a drop shioper did it? All website was live, Facebook marketing going all happening within like literally twenty minutes, I got my first sale, and then I panicked and I refunded it, and then I was like, sorry, we're out of stock, and then shut the whole thing down because they went, you know what, it's all too fucking hard.
Speaker 1: Like it would be a really easy, good way to make money and you can get so many orders through it, but it's like it's kind of suss because like the fact that you make it out to be that it looks like it's somewhere in Australia. And then the only triggy thing, like just speaking from a business perspective, is you would get so many customer complaints from the shipping time, Like.
Speaker 2: I think the we learn all about that though, and shipping you just put a disclaimer on the website that says shipping is two to four weeks.
Speaker 1: But when you get the people that think that, it's not.
Speaker 2: The thing that I got me though. The thing that was annoying for me is I went, I wonder though, how returns work exactly? And that stressed me out. I was like, if someone wants to return the package, how is it getting back to wherever it is meant to go?
Speaker 1: You get so many customer complaints.
Speaker 2: It's different because I didn't feel any morally. I didn't feel any like morals or ethics were off with doing drop shipping.
Speaker 1: No, because like.
Speaker 2: The thing is like if you think about it, like if a store sells dog water bottles here in Australia, they buy it or let's say a dollar they sell it for let's say ten dollars in store. I'm doing the same thing just online. Yeah, so yeah, but anyway I can's the whole thing couldn't be bothered. I thought I was going to be a millionaire off dog water bottles and then never went through with the idea because I just went, it's all too hard and I'll just live off job seeker and do nothing for a long time. And that's what I did.
Speaker 1: I wish I got to experience that kind of COVID Yeah, yeah, because like we were in Newcastle, so we didn't get it as like the lockdowns and the Greater Sydney were you no, So we were kind of out on the outside. And then because I'm a business owner, like we didn't get any government payment or whatever, and because we're online, we were allowed to just keep operating like normal. So we were showing up to work every single day like we didn't have lockdown, just on the weekends obviously, and we had to shut our Newcastle store, but that was the only one that we had and it was downstairs from our office, so it didn't really bother us at all. Our lockdown and COVID times was like normal. It was just on the weekends that we did nothing. Every other day felt normal.
Speaker 2: Can't relate, babes can't relate. But in all honesty, would love another lockdown because I thrived in it. I thrived in it. I thrived Eventually. Eventually, we'll see what monkey pox, what happens there. I've been trying to get me in Bloody monkey po's vaccine two appointments now they canceled the first appointment, told me to book in somewhere else because they ran out of vaccines.
Speaker 1: Why are you getting a monkey pox vaccination?
Speaker 2: Well, because it's very prominent in the gay community. What Yeah, so it's most common between gay men. But you know, obviously I'm not out here whirling round with gay men. But I'm going clubbing and its skinned skin contact. So if someone in the club does have it and I'm dancing up against them or whatever, I just want to be super safe and just get the vaccine. Even know that regardless, but yeah, waiting for my second dose can't seem to bloody get one. So it is what it is anyway at this point. If it is monkey pox, let it be plumeted the fucking apes. Dell, I'm over it. Let's go. I'm out, let's go get burgers, let's go get cheesecake shop. Have a good weekend everyone, and see you next Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Ha ha ha