Speaker 1: He's a former UK Special Forces soldier turned sas Australia Chief instructor. You can't calk.
Speaker 2: Few, but what you can do is harnessing.
Speaker 1: If he's not dancing with the stars.
Speaker 2: I'm screaming and shouting at the recruits. Now my partner is screaming, is shouting at me, and.
Speaker 1: Is scaling the world's largest peaks.
Speaker 2: You know you're going to be very near dead bodies.
Speaker 1: This could be me and now climbing the most dangerous mountain in the world.
Speaker 2: He to the danger is really what enticed me.
Speaker 3: The head of.
Speaker 1: Killer K two's premier on seven Plus next Thursday, and fresh from running into him at the Radio Awards in Sydney last weekend, Please welcome and Middleton.
Speaker 2: Good morning guys. How are you?
Speaker 1: Can I say something about you? And you have a fierce reputation given what you do on sas right and the way you can confront these celebrities and bring out the best of them is wonderful. When I thought, oh, he's so fearsome, and then you were in reception when we arrived at the hotel. We've never met before and you greeted me with the biggest smile and half an embrace, and I was like, like, you're the nicest person.
Speaker 2: Of all time.
Speaker 3: I don't know what to do, so I started doing pushups. Yeah, good plan.
Speaker 2: I was wondering why you're doing those push ups. No, no, yeah, that's who I am. You know, when I'm running a military course or military style sort of event, then you know it has to be serious because the military is a serious organization. You know, at the end of the day, we go and do things that we don't necessarily want to do or or enjoy doing, but we need to do it. So when you see me on sas, a lot of people when they meet me in real life, they think I'm going to be screaming and shouting at people, and it's the complete opposite.
Speaker 1: And this was the conversation on Saturday Night, Hazy. I'm not sure if you recall, but you were saying, oh, my friend Cane Horns wants to go on the show, and he'd be amazing and there's no way, and you were like, I'd break him within three days.
Speaker 2: It was quite funny as well, because I meet some of the celebrities that don't even know they're coming on the course, and they're all joking and laughing around with me, and then all of a sudden I meet them on the course and they look at me and go hi, ANT, and I'm like, who are you calling? ANT? Start to you, and then then you see them like, oh my god, I'm actually in and on the course. Yeah. So yeah, don't be surprised if that smile turns upside down. See me next.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I have to say to my husband sort of was chatting to you for a little while, and he confided in me afterwards, he goes Jones. I was so close to saying to Aunt, you're a dead ringer for Aunt Middleton. And then someone actually came up and said hey Aunt, and he's.
Speaker 2: Like, oh my god, it him.
Speaker 1: He just thought you're a radio.
Speaker 2: Person, right, did he? Yea is yeah, because I was yeah, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 3: The worst result was if you said to you, you're actually a poor man's Aunt Middleton.
Speaker 1: You look like Middleton, but not as good looking.
Speaker 2: Shorter shorter Middleton. There's a lot of people seeming there like they sort of looked me up and down, and you know they think that I'm six foot two and I'm not. I'm five for eight. So it's like, you know, I know they want to say something and I sort of give them the death stare and I'm like, don't you dare I am vertically changed. Yes, No, I keep that to myself.
Speaker 1: We've digressed very very much so in this interview. But Killer K two with Aunt Middleton tell us about that place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, K two is the second highest mountain in the world, but the most dangerous and the most technical of the eight thousanders. After I completed everes Ince twenty eighteen, sort of the next one was was K two, And when you climb K two, it sort of solidifies you as a mountaineer. So when I got the call to go and do it, I literally had the three weeks not climb with myself and two sirpas, and we just sort of self filmed everything to the point where when we look back at the footage, there was a lot of you know, celebratory moments, you know, when you're there and you're feeling strong. But I realized there was a lot of emotional moments. There was a lot of moments where I was vulnerable. I was in a bad way emotionally and psychologically. So we thought, do you know what, We're going to put a documentary together where we're going to show how tough high altitude climbing is and what it does to the mind and what it does to your emotions, and especially with myself. I climbed it in nineteen days unacclimatized, and people put, you know, five to seven weeks aside to climb any of the eight thousanders, you know, because you have to acclimatize correctly. So when it comes out in the twenty fourth of October on seven plus, you're going to see quite a quite a hardcore and emotional journey that I go on.
Speaker 1: And after Saturday night, Andrew he's felt like he'd climbed the mountain and been through an emotional journey.
Speaker 2: And connect with you and fell from the top all the way to the bottom, stumbled down big snowball.
Speaker 3: Took it, took you bugger all there. It took me three hours to get that top front And thank you so much for journey us mate. Can I just say as well, I don't want to embarrass you, but it's actually really nice to say to my mates back in Adelaide that I got to meet Aunt and he's as big a legend as we hoped for.
Speaker 2: In the flesh so cheers mate, You guys are legends. Thanks very much, Thank you so much.