Speaker 1: Hey guys, it's Hailey here. Right before you start this podcast, I just want to tell you, first of all, we love you, thanks for listening. But second of all, Lauren had her baby, Yes, she did, a little baby gurnie girl called Florence, And this podcast we recorded right before she was sliced open, So enjoy. She will talk about nesting and we're actually going to open up about some crazy, big, wild mistakes we have made as business owners together. And next week, next week you will hear the first ever podcast with Lauren as a mum of two, with little Florence on our lap. So sit back, relax and enjoy. Love you ad A lady and lady, A lady, ad lady. Hello. Hello, is Hailey Pierson here and my bestie Lauren de Chez Roy. How are you? I am very well? And Betty the dog she's also here.
Speaker 2: Oh she just loves this curling up.
Speaker 1: She nestles her little nose into your fanny every single podcast every week. Yeah safe space, Yeah, she loves it's warmth. We're besties, we're business partners. We're the creators of Adelaidy, Haloes Hay and Hay Lawsy Media and we do everything together. Except bang. All right, Peerson, what have we got today? On the shopping list?
Speaker 2: We are talking about some of our epic failures in business.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and we want to kind of lift the curtain because we are best friends, but we also run a business together and have for ten years, multiple businesses really, and.
Speaker 2: Running a business for us is like a marriage. We have to make sure it's streamlined and there's good respect, good communication, and we don't bang.
Speaker 1: And we don't bang. That would make it really messy. It would make Yeah, it's too messy, but I would if you needed me to.
Speaker 2: That's really nice. You know, I've done it one time and what happens.
Speaker 1: So that's coming up.
Speaker 2: And also I am in full nesting mode and I just kind of want to break down nesting because Magpie, yep, it is a thing. It is a real thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, well, the Member of the week, I just wanted to quickly share this with you because it's kind of like a nesting thing as you prepare to have your child and you don't know that your future baby will be a dictator like your other child. Yeah, because I also have a dictator. I have a lord in my house, Alfie, like I pray have to be bowed down to him every morning, and I just want to just lift the curtain of what it's like at my house in the morning. If I wake my child, if I don't wake my child up, alfie, he yells at us that I didn't wake him up early enough, and then he refuses to go to school because I was my fault that I didn't wake him up.
Speaker 2: I can see that.
Speaker 1: So this morning I went in there. I gave him a kiss. This morning, darling, all right, time to get up, let's go. Doesn't do it. Twenty minutes later, our feet get out of bed. It's time to get up. And then I hear from his room, mom yelling at me. Is not going to get me out of bed. I'm sorry if you yell, I'm staying in bed. I need a better wake up. So I walk him there, Good morning, darling, I love you so much. Time to get up now. And then he goes thank you, and then gets up and has a shower.
Speaker 2: What why do you and I both have dictated children?
Speaker 1: And and do you know what? I bowed down to it too, Like Jimmy's always like just let him do it, like stop doing everything for him. But I just do it like I'd made him his breakfast, I made him his lunch the rap. I know for a fact he'll complain about the chicken in the rap because it was a little bit too wet, like I should have dried it, like patted it more dry with them because it was too much mayonnaise. And he'll say, it's too wet.
Speaker 2: You should have done that? Why would I?
Speaker 1: And then he'll throw out his apple because they might be like slightly bruised.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I'm with Olphie. Do I need to adopt your child?
Speaker 1: You would have been this is the thing. I wasn't likee this. You were that child.
Speaker 2: I was that child, Like if mum bought the wrong prec for my panini, it was over.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, will you that little quick child? Did you have a little like kalamato olives and some domades?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd have like tatamara and fetta in a panini, or I'd have like precto sundried tomato and Gilsberg. And if she bought like not the Sun done it Daniella, which is like the expensive aged one, I could tell don't be skimping on preci.
Speaker 1: You were that kid in school that a dormardy fell out of his school bag. What's that on the ground. It's just my dominey.
Speaker 2: I was like the boy where I'd cut up my own salami.
Speaker 1: I had my own little meat slas it would have no thinner mom thinner.
Speaker 2: Like my dad when he goes to Romeos at Mitcham, I swear they must all dodge because he goes, I'll have a kilo of thanks. I'll come back in twenty minutes. I want it extra thin, and then he like makes them hold it to the light. He goes thinner, thinner, he doesn't thinner, all right, I'll be back in twenty Yes See, I wish I was like that. I wish I could be more demanding, would be a tile. But I feel bad. I don't want to put them out. Sorry, but yeah, that was a.
Speaker 1: Big part of life.
Speaker 2: And if it's thick, Dad doesn't enjoy it. He likes lots of slices thin. And the fact that they hold it to the light. I'm like, I'm so sorry, and they know it's my dad, Like that'll be when they grow up, And can I just say as well? Speaking of Dictator, yesterday, Sophia was just on another level like Burg and I were like, when she gets her period one day, we're all running like boarding school or living with grandber Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, boarding school, but you'll live like two k's away.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly. She literally said to Bergo, oh my god, and he just was stunned. She goes, are you the parent, and he goes, yeah, I am the parent. She goes, well, maybe you should act like it.
Speaker 1: She did not say that. She did yep, five five. I'm actually scared of her.
Speaker 2: I'm so scared of her.
Speaker 1: But he should be the parent. What was he doing that wasn't he was parent being an idiot, not being a parent.
Speaker 2: He was having good tangrum about something.
Speaker 1: She didn't eat her eggs. She didn't eat her eggs.
Speaker 2: She didn't eat her eggs that we bought from you know, handsome Max of delicious eggs, and then they went cold. And then she goes, these eggs are cold. My well, maybe if you'd eaten them twenty minutes ago when we bought them they were hot.
Speaker 1: But she doesn't want you to heat them up because then they won't taste the same. No, yeah, they'll be too hot.
Speaker 2: And so then Bergo was stressing, like, eat your eggs and she was just getting so angry at him, and she turns like she's a Gemini. Yeah, she goes from happy little Sofia to like crazy little Sophia. And then she said that, and I was like, we're done, Like this baby has to be calm.
Speaker 1: Well, they say the second one is the crazy one. No, I know they do.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 1: They do say that. Everyone's in the room's nodding. My second one's the wild one. They always say the second one. No, No, I feel like you have a plastic baby. Anyway, there's a little man. So if you have a little dictator child, welcome to the dictatorship. Welcome. Let's go into what you want to talk about. Nesting.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh my gosh, did you go through this when you were pregnant?
Speaker 1: Nesting? Yeah? When you say nesting, you mean just getting everything ready for the baby in your house, right, yes.
Speaker 2: And it's like the end of pregnancy. You have this surge, like this massive surge of energy. And I was looking into it because the last couple of weeks, every time I buy something, every time I do something, I go to bedroom, it's nesting. It's nesting. You wouldn't understand and He's like, it's nesting a thing. So I was like, let's google nesting.
Speaker 1: What does it say?
Speaker 2: And it's actually a proper thing, a biological thing that happens. It's not just a social construct. Just like birds, cats and dogs prepare sheltered areas for their litters, humans experiences innate protective instinct to secure their environment. So your hormones surge and late pregnancy hormonal shifts are widely believed to trigger this sudden burst of energy. Deep cleaning, nursery prep washing clothes. Like yesterday, there was eight errands. We had to go to eight different places yesterday so I could collect everything because in my brain, I have to get this nursery ready, even though she's not going to be in her nursery.
Speaker 1: I needed to tell you what's going on in my brain at the moment. This is just my brain. Because you're nesting and you're doing all your errands, and you're outdoing things. I'm picturing you as a as a human bird with a big beak, and every time you would get the things from your errands, you'd deal with your beak, and then you come home and you make the bed. If you I can't help it. That's what's happening in my You're me to buy a bird, so do you.
Speaker 2: I'll buy a bird suit to actual mess.
Speaker 1: You don't have hairs anymore. I'm just looking at you as a giant magpie.
Speaker 2: Am I like the fat bird that you painted once upon a time? Am I the which I?
Speaker 1: Just? I had? Shrike shrink? Get a little suit? Sorry, continue, I just can't get out of it.
Speaker 2: I bought the fat bird. I've got your print ready to go into it.
Speaker 1: Not a fat bird? What is it?
Speaker 2: What's it called?
Speaker 1: It's a fat is a fat bird? That's missus Fatso I bought business fats over the nursery. Oh, I should have just done a self portrait. I'm sorry. Continue with. I just needed to let you do. Now I can't because.
Speaker 2: Now I'm imagining myself going to get bird sticks. Yeah, like getting little sticks with my beak.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got a huge beak. What are you trying to say about my Okay, so tell me you bought that ridiculous?
Speaker 2: Yes, I have gone wild and hormones rushing everything that's happening. That the nursery thing is funny because when you actually think about it, babies don't need anything I spoke to a lady the other day. She came early, she didn't have anything ready, and her baby slept in a drawer for a bit. It doesn't matter, Hey on.
Speaker 1: A draw Oh she literally said that to me.
Speaker 2: But maybe she was joking. But I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't think she would. I think, I mean, there's time where you have a baby and someone can rush out and get a cot Oh, I don't like. I think she's probably not. It was a joke, like she was extending and going, my baby slept in a drawer.
Speaker 2: Oh well, it made me feel better about myself because I was like, I've got a pascinet, bitch. So she didn't sleep her child in a drawer.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think the baby slept in a drawer. Okay, but I mean it's a good alternative.
Speaker 2: Yeah's are but it makes sense?
Speaker 1: Yeah, does it? No?
Speaker 2: No, you can just fascinate. Yeah, the pete. You get all your baby stuff ready. You gotta get all the bottles, and you gotta wash them and get everything ready.
Speaker 1: Have you got everything? Go your bottles?
Speaker 2: Yeah, got all that. And then we're moving the nursery like Sofia's playrooms, going into the nursery and the other day we're selling a big king sized bed, but we're gonna put it on Marketplace, put a couch and make that the playroom. We're taking off all the sheets to take the photos in my nesting era, I'm like barking orders at Burgo.
Speaker 1: This needs to move, that needs to move, that needs to go there.
Speaker 2: He's just like, And then I'm putting the sheets back on the king sized bed, the mattress, to protector and everything because I can't have mess because I had to take the photos of the bed to sell and then put everything back. And I'm trying to put like, you know, the sheets on a king sized mattress. It's very heavy. It's as well, yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Can actually cause you to go into labor yep.
Speaker 2: Trying to do it all properly, and then I was like, can you just help me with this corn. I couldn't quite put the sheet on. He goes, did you even try? He didn't say that, yeah, oh my god, my jaws on the floor.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, And I was like, he's joking.
Speaker 2: I did try. This is the little things I swear. But then I don't understand I can't lift a king sized mattress.
Speaker 1: Now you have an entire human being inside of you.
Speaker 2: But I'm also barking orders, so I do feel bad. It's like one time he slightly snapped it me.
Speaker 1: What's kind of funny is when you tell me your side of the story. I'm always like, yes, sister, I'm on your side. He's an asshole. But then I hear his side and it's like you would have been speaking to him so rudely.
Speaker 2: Because I don't know where my dictator child gets her dictatorship from.
Speaker 1: That's weird.
Speaker 2: I just like I think about it all the time. Where did you get that from?
Speaker 1: Okay, so when you're nesting, are you feeling are you doing the weird cleaning thing where you see a mark on the wall and suddenly everything has to be clean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I'm thinking, I need to do the pantry, I need to get out my clothes, I need to clean out Sophia's room. It's like the baby has to come home to this idea of perfectness which doesn't really exist. But also the baby can't see into Sofia's cover.
Speaker 1: It's not about that. I think it's about having a clear, clean house, which gives you a clean mindset. To come home because you know it's going to be absolutely chaos. Everything else around is gonna be chaos. But if you can control your house and make sure it's clean and nice, and I think it's a maternal thing to make sure that you know you're a provider and a protector.
Speaker 2: And yes, and the space is all clean, and I just I don't know about you and what Jimmy did, but like always forward thinking, like I've gone and bought the size four onesies and the three onesies and all the clothes and getting all the like the little thing to put all your nappies and stuff in. Yeah, all that sort of stuff. And then he's like, why are you buying so much stuff?
Speaker 1: Because who else is going to buy it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Because our child needs clothes, our child needs things. He's literally bought two car seats and a box of wipes and goes, oh, I've done my job, do you. I was just getting more annoyed.
Speaker 1: To Okay, So if you look at it, if you didn't buy all this stuff, what does a baby got a car seat? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Cool, we'll just drive around twenty four seven.
Speaker 1: But you need to lift, you need to help out. Did Jimmy buy clothes and stuff. No, no, actually no he did not what It's always led by us because I think it's just our role. It's the same as when you go home. Jimmy's role is outside. I don't even think about the lawns. That's his role. A gardener. My role. You have a garden.
Speaker 2: Yes, somebody's doing well.
Speaker 1: Someone's doing well.
Speaker 2: His name's Wayne Greg is it my dad? Wayne? Person just comes over you and do a little whipper snippers, But you.
Speaker 1: Know, like it's your I guess it's your role to go right, I'm gonna nail this because you don't trust anybody else to do it, so you have to do it.
Speaker 2: I am going to nail it. But we're also working full time, have a child, doing everything, and in my head it is so structured of like these little things. So I had to go buy the prince and then I have to go buy the frames, and then I had to go to the shop and buy something else, and then I need to buy that that that like everything is listed in my head. And then I went and bought like all these silly like candle because I needed to put these knickknacks on the buffet. So one day when someone walks in there, they're like, oh, wow, you've got this beautiful yellow buffet with these nice little candles.
Speaker 1: I saw the candlelarbras that you bought for the baby's room. My first reaction to someone who's quite more but I don't see the danger in everything, is that they actually are a weapon. They are like in the game Cludo, you were killed with a candlestick, like that was part of it. And it's a giant, heavy candle that when your baby is doing tummy time that could easily just like fall on their head and kill them. Also, having a giant, unstable, cheap candle in your room with the fire is a big fire hazard. Yeah, but I'm always on your side, except for those candlearbrahs. But the nursery imagine her coming home.
Speaker 2: Going Look, I'm sorry to be in pain, but I'm just wondering when my candle.
Speaker 1: Like they're literally half a meter tall. So maybe I'm taking.
Speaker 2: Nesting to a whole new level and I'm just buying shit for me.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's what you're doing. Ah, you're camine. Everything looks amazing. Oh and it's just so chig trolley. I feel my trolley. That's so good. There.
Speaker 2: It is nesting. That is my last little bit of pregnancy. I swear I'm never going to talk about it again, because next time I speak to you, I will have the baby.
Speaker 1: You'll be sitting you're sitting on the egg right now as a bird, yes, And then the baby will be chirping and the egg will crack. A little baby in certain name will arrive. Should be here.
Speaker 2: I love her so much, and you'll get to hold her during the next podcast.
Speaker 1: Then we can talk about bathing story. Oh my god, this is so exciting. Oh, sympathy bebes ah my baby. Alrighty, we are about to raise the curtain on our business. If you're a small business owner, what we're about to say might make you feel a little better about your own life, because when you start a business, oh my god, so many things happen and nobody else knows because you hide it from everybody.
Speaker 2: You pretend everything's fine. And I have to say, with our business, the best things there's always been you. I've always had someone else. So when I'm firing up, or I'm angry, or I'm sad, or the world is ending, or I don't know.
Speaker 1: COVID happens, Yep, you always pre back, I actually couldn't. I'm not cut out to have a business if I didn't have you, if I didn't have someone to lean.
Speaker 2: On, And both of our brains are different. Owning a business is really isolating. It's really hard. It can be really stressful, and it can be really lonely.
Speaker 1: The pressure of making sure that all your stuff are and you know, you have all these people relying on you, their families, all that kind of stuff. But what we thought we'd do, there's so many perks too, because I love it doesn't feel like work like it does, but it doesn't like I love what I do so much. But over the years of us being in business together eleven years now, there's been a few things that have happened that, like, not heaps, but a few things that have happened that we'd go, oh, yeah, let's not tell anyone that happened.
Speaker 2: Let's let that not put that in a podcast.
Speaker 1: But that's what's gonna happen today because we are unhint.
Speaker 2: And we are over share is a.
Speaker 1: Few little things that have happened that you wouldn't have known about. What. Let's start with something little. We print a magazine right our ade Lady magazine goes all over South Australia forty five thousand copies twice a year. Yep, it's amazing. It's a beautiful, glossy Matt magazine.
Speaker 2: Do you know when we started as well, it was a really stressful time. We launched a magazine when three other print publications stopped printing, So that happened on the Monday, I think, and we came out launching a magazine on a Wednesday. But this has clearly been like a year in the making, the stress of it. I remember almost wanting to pass out when I saw that, because I was like, we're starting a magazine as other magazines are.
Speaker 1: Do you know, funny though different brains, you went that way. I was like, I never look at anything that you and I do that it's going to fail. It doesn't even enter my mind. So I was like, I don't care, it's gonna work. It's us. Yeah, this is gonna work.
Speaker 2: And it did and it did.
Speaker 1: But you know, when you print things that's in print. It's not like social media where you can delete it and change it and stuff.
Speaker 2: It's it's out that you can't sit there with a pen and change forty five thousand collies because you've done it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so once and this our magazine goes through several editing processes, right, so the writer does it. It's edited, writer edited, edited, like all of our everyone, everyone. So in twenty twenty two, I think we we killed somebody off. We said that Iris at Fall, who is a famous fashion designer, the one with oversized glasses. You would know her face, love her. We said she'd passed away, and then it printed, and then and then we got a notification for someone saying she's like ninety eight, she's alive. We killed her off. And then it kind of became a joke that we were like, when is this lady gonna die? We kept looking at our watch's going She's still alive. She's still alive. Even four years later, she was still alive. It's so bad that she died one hundred and two. And you know, finally our mag was right. We may have celebrated because we were like, thank god, now I'm not embarrassed about that magazine. How did that get? I don't know. We just missed. But we didn't. We didn't highlight it, we didn't put it out there. We just like went on with our day after we'd killed off a very famous person.
Speaker 2: So that she say is what I want to be when I grow up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dead Hailey. Yeah, I'm joking. Oh my god, I just came out of my mouth. Okay, that was one about the story about Japan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was about to say the time we went to Japan in February of twenty twenty to film two episodes for our TV show for a client, and I remember our cameraman saying, Guys, I'm a bit worried about this COVID thing. I'm going to pack hands sanitize the masked and we were like, you're a loser and wearing a mask is embarrassing.
Speaker 1: On the plane we actually said, Grant, you're a loser, like take it off, take the.
Speaker 2: Mask off, like it's really not okay. And we lived our life in Japan and then we got back and weirdly, COVID was a thing.
Speaker 1: Like legit, I've reckoned. That week we got back, they said that there's this thing that's going all around the world and everyone epidemic is an epidemic. Yeah, And so that episode that we filmed overseas didn't air for a year and a half. Yeah, because no one could travel.
Speaker 2: No one could travel. So we've just filmed all these travel episodes about traveling and how good travel is, and then you can't travel and then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that happened.
Speaker 2: That was fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What about that time we said we were going to start an app?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Okay, so this was an expensive mistake. Yeah, we thought, let's do an app version of I guess what our business does. But so the way it would work is you download the app and people would pay for it and then you get like, you know, like the old entertainment thing it was like flash your card and you get ten percent off.
Speaker 2: Here it was like at the Essam Gold card as well. We could both come from Safah. Yeah, it was like be an ad a lady friend and get a discount. Yeah the ad Lady Friends Friends with benefits friends card. But I remember Jimmy was involved, Burgo was involved.
Speaker 1: We had several building of the app meeting, like it was tens and tens and tens and tens of thousands of dollars to build this app. Yeah, and then we were like, I just don't think anyone's going to download that. And then I got pregnant and went fucking so and then Ela must said absolutely to be dead suit. So and then we just we just stopped. So that was just one thing we didn't do, but also glad we didn't do it.
Speaker 2: And what about the fashion line?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the fashion line? Okay, so we also you may have heard this in a previous podcast, maybe it was our first podcast. We mentioned this that we were like, we love clothes, we love it, and so we thought, it's not that hard. How can like, will let's do a fashion Well, this makes some kindorful dress. And we joined this business group in Melbourne where we had to do tutorials and like lectures and all this kind.
Speaker 2: Of like almost like we were going to be sewing the dresses. I don't think we quite signed.
Speaker 1: Up to the rock. We didn't know what we were doing. We just want a colorul dress.
Speaker 2: So we threw money at this thing. Yeah, but we should have just bought colorful dresses and not spent the money on that.
Speaker 1: So we did it, and then we realized this is actually really hard and anyone that can actually have a successful fashion line is actually amazing yeap, And we didn't have it in us. No, it was going to be called Watermelo Juice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because we were founded over watermelo juice and banana breadet natures.
Speaker 1: Probably I still like the name of that though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we shouldn't have said that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, keep that to yourself. There's another mistake. What about personally?
Speaker 2: Have you done anything personally?
Speaker 1: You have?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: I can can I tell this story? I think funny, it's a funny stuy.
Speaker 2: I think I know the story're about to tell, and it's highly embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Okay, So this is when we were first first doing our TV show at our big major client.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: They came on and they invested forty thousand dollars with us, which is like huge, right, And you've got to remember, guys, when we sold our first ever TV show, we had a piece of paper with a Channel nine logo on it and we said, we believe in this, it's going to be a thing, but we'd never film. It's done under by ways. You don't know what that means. Means. We have to pay for everything editor, the show to air, the producer, the cameraman, everything.
Speaker 2: It's our brand, our show, which comes with all the perks of like we go where we want, we show what we want. But then it's also the financial stress of having a show every week.
Speaker 1: And getting sponsors that love us, and you know that, you know we're on brand with Anyway, there was like a launch party. I don't know why I wasn't there, but you went, and Millie was there.
Speaker 2: It was for Save the Zoo, Save the Animals at the Zoo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's just so funny with what I'm about to tell you. Yea, save the Animals at the Zoo. And you walk in and what were you wearing, Lauren.
Speaker 2: Dichaza, I was wearing a jacket made of rabbit fur. I didn't think.
Speaker 1: I mean I didn't as you were standing there and they were talking about, you know, saving the animals. Did you At what point did you look jown and realize I'm actually wearing a rabbit? No?
Speaker 2: Oh, I didn't get to that point because Millie came up to me and said, you're an embarrassment and take off your jacket. And then I took off my jacket and then I froze and then I walked in. So I don't think people actually saw, because Millie, you saved my life.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that. I thought you were in there wearing the rabbit. No.
Speaker 3: All I really remember is that we walked in and as you've walked in, we saw the sign about save the zoos, and that's when we were like, oh, I just grabbed the jacket off of you and bolt it up and we threw it behind their reception area.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that is so funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, personally, it wasn't a highlight of.
Speaker 1: My career, but it is because we can laugh about it now.
Speaker 2: But now we laugh about things. It's like once we went filming and we had to pull a squat on the freeway and I remember we pissed all over our shoes. Like that wasn't a highlight, and then we walked into this business barefoot and said, we're so sorry, we're late, and we're but this is what happened. But we tell people.
Speaker 1: I can't not tell people when someone says how, I can't say I'm good if I'm not.
Speaker 2: I can't lie. Yeah, And I think that's also a great thing about us and how we work is we don't hide secrets, and when things fail, we tell people and we're so honest, but maybe we're actually two honest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like that time that I just got a job at Nova, but it was a secret and no one knew and I got up on stage at I think it was the lighting of the Christmas tree. Yeah, and I announced that.
Speaker 2: It's you said, I'm Hailey Pearson from Nova before you said ada lady. Yeah, and you hadn't even signed the contract yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I think that happened. How will we I don't know if there's something wrong with us, there's something we're actually broken.
Speaker 2: Because when you say to me, don't say it, I say it. Don't say it, don't say it. It comes out like I have this like reaction. Okay, So we had this AI thing a couple of weeks ago. Right as I'm sitting there, I mean, it's too tall. I haven't been back to school in a long time. So Millie and then our general manager, Katie, we were.
Speaker 1: Sitting there listening to this AI thing, right and it was that point that I realized I am not cut out to be a worker for anybody else. I am not a non to fiver. I cannot sit in an office and listen to someone talk if they're not dancing around and we're in costumes. I literally, like Millie will know. I was so agitated. I kept moving and I was like, Haley, don't move you just crossed your leg again. Don't do it again because it's obviously board. And then I start yawning and doing the full and she's like, Haley, yawning, stock, you're being rude. But but for some reason, for some reason, we were in business.
Speaker 2: I know, but what about what about when we got the CRM. We've just implemented a massive CRM into our company for everyone to use. And we're on this tute with this poor guy trying to wrangle twelve girls grown ADHD and all of us are sitting there twitching, and then I go I said something to him that just went down like a lead balloon. I tried to crack a joke, yeah, and I tried to lighten the mood, and he just went, I'm sorry, I don't quite understand that. I was like, oh, yeah, it's cool. And then you and I literally I think you were painting your nails.
Speaker 1: I cannot, like I often think that if this didn't work, like I've done radio and I can paint, but they're the only things I can do. I'm not. I'm not. I could not go to an office. I'm sorry. I just can't. Me.
Speaker 2: On the other hand, with my briefcase and my nice little bob.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you would go in with your shoulder pads and you would own up with your bright pink lipstick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd start firing bitch's left rides at it.
Speaker 1: Yeah you would. No, Yeah, you're good at though.
Speaker 2: I haven't done it one time.
Speaker 1: When you were there, did we? Yeah?
Speaker 2: You cried?
Speaker 1: I cried. Yeah, after firing a person I don't remember who we find. I just went, well, cut em my love. I'm going to lunch because I'm a cold. You are cold. You are very cold times running a business. Yeah, do you know what far out we have done? We have done some things, and do you know what though, it's made us who we are. You've got to go through all the crap and the mistakes and all that kind of stuff, and we'll still continue to do that. We're just lucky that we're surrounded by amazing people our stuff are so good at what they do that they support us in all our craziness.
Speaker 2: Without a great team, there is nothing, and you need people that are better than you at everything if you run a small business, and I've seen this micromanaging bosses who don't want their team to succeed if they're not surrounded by amazing people and want to be the top dog. It's never going to work.
Speaker 1: Do you know someone said to me once. The best thing that we're we do and it's not television. It's not making a magazine or doing events or doing a podcast. It's we. You and I have a skill at hiring the right people. We hire the best people, don't we.
Speaker 2: And it's like family. And they've seen so much, like Moggie walked in today to film this podcast and I walked out of my towel and had to open the door for Moggie like they have to deal with so much like Moggi.
Speaker 1: For the video with Moggi, this is Moggi. We love him so much. I'm so sorry he's one of the girls.
Speaker 2: And also the tow it was like a facewasher because I've got the biggest pregnant belly and I tried to hide.
Speaker 1: Did you see her fanny? Everyone? Everyone, We're sorry that we are who we are, but we love you. Have a nice week, guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, speak one, love you me. Bye.