Speaker 1: Jason Lauren on Nomber one hundred.
Speaker 2: Right across Melbourne. This is Nomber one hundred. Good morning, you're on the air, which A and Lauren. We are here in Melbourne, but our boy Clint Standaway is in Patty Watch and Paddy joined us this morning.
Speaker 1: A Clint, I.
Speaker 3: Thought it was one degree there even you were shivering a little bit.
Speaker 4: It is in Melbourne.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well and truly after midnight year and it's twenty four degree still we're kind of the hottest days of the year here. But what about some of the results.
Speaker 4: It's sad, well a bit sad, except I was watching the BMX Clint, and I'm a new fan of BMX and we want a bronze and I loved it. I was screaming at the screen.
Speaker 3: Are you are you going to head out to the VNX tractor pull a few? What do you do with you?
Speaker 4: Absolutely not. It was so gnarly and dangerous. I'm not doing Did you just use the word narlie because the commentators were saying because I'm cold?
Speaker 3: But hey, there was a old lining though. At the Rappids. Jess Box became the most successful Australian paddler of all time in.
Speaker 2: Crush on her.
Speaker 4: I've got a big girl crush on Jess.
Speaker 3: And she's so marketable, isn't she isn't she?
Speaker 4: She's She's a babe. What a legend. We love her.
Speaker 3: I also went to the swimming and watched the French just thorn over Leon Marschon, who is a national hero here. What a night that was.
Speaker 4: He's a bit of an icon over.
Speaker 1: Hang On, hang on, hang on, god Silver, hang on.
Speaker 2: So were you were you in the swimming complex when Mollio Callahan swam?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Clint, you are a bad block. Is following me everywhere?
Speaker 1: Get out of there.
Speaker 4: She is a dual Olympic champion already, so we'll give her that. We spoke to her brother earlier and he was just saying how proud he is of her.
Speaker 3: Oh, he's a legend. She's a legend. Speaking of legends, got a little surprise for you here on Nova. Just ventured into the middle of Patteris and I've stumbled across the one, the only Harry Gie. Yes, yes, yes, all right, my love. I'll speak to you soon. But here's Harry.
Speaker 2: Okay, we we we we.
Speaker 1: He Lauren.
Speaker 4: We Garside, you have a legend were you already won our hearts, but my gosh, we were all with you this week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's been one of those weeks, a lot of a lot of ups and downs and anti climactic for myself, but it's been really nice to spend some time with my parents who are over here and in Paris with me at the moment and just try my best to enjoy the time with him, and then when I get back home in the emotion and just really feel what what what has occurred over the last couple of months.
Speaker 2: Myself, Harry were we were talking about you on the show yesterday we played your post fight interview.
Speaker 4: Because I was bawling, Lauren.
Speaker 2: Lauren hit the nail on the head. Kids learn more from that and your attitude than anybody winning a medal one hurry.
Speaker 1: It's one of those things, right, like how often do we all fail or shoot the stars or try something whether it's big or small and not succeed like it happened? Is part of being a human, part of being an adult. I just really want especially young people to see that that's just part of it.
Speaker 3: Ryan.
Speaker 1: It's always our responsibility, our opportunity, how we react to step back how we react the hard times in our life, and sometimes it's our fault and sometimes it's not. I just just try my best to pick myself up at the moment. And just.
Speaker 3: If I was a.
Speaker 4: Parent, I would be showing my kids interviews with you after your fight, because honestly, if we didn't love you already, Harry, I mean the whole kind.
Speaker 1: Look.
Speaker 4: I know you're in Paris, but everyone you're in Melbourne and in Australia has been talking about Harry Garside and water Ledgend and what.
Speaker 2: I've got three young boys, I two of them eight and ten. I was talking to them about you yesterday and you are an inspiration mate, so you should be bloody holding your head up high.
Speaker 1: I feel extremely grateful to be Australian at the moment where we're so lucky to be born in our beautiful country, and I can't wait to get home and touch Australians, blow and enjoy some time with family and friends. Obviously not the result that I wanted, but it is what it is, and I just fussed that another goal and make sure I try and try it deck to achieve.
Speaker 4: That you know hearing you say, and also be really aware about your mental health and saying, you know, I fear for my mind after this. I think a lot of people could relate to that in that moment when you haven't you haven't achieved what you set out to or what you wanted to, even though you've achieved so much more in many of our minds. Hearing you reference that, I mean, it made my heart split in half. How are you feeling? How are you feeling in your mind?
Speaker 1: It's one of those things like I think we all can vouch like if you really think about some of the decisions you make in your life and some of the goals you shit in your life, like what is actually the motivation behind trying to achieve them? And I can speak myself. I thought, I thought the gold medal was going to be the thing that was going to make me still whole. It was going to make me build myself worth it. It was going to make me feel actually good about myself. And I think I realized this is Tokyo where I got a success, where I wasn't expected to win a medal at Tokyo, and I did. I got that bump sent on and I still sat in quarantined the two weeks after obviously being COVID, and I felt really unhappy with myself. And I think, I think the biggest thing is like nothing outside of ourselves can make us feel good about ourselves. It's all about how we're still about our selves. And for me, I can only speak myself. But it's a little moment in public where I help someone carry their shelfing, where I help my brother out with something, where I help my friend out when they're in need, like here, the moment that you build self worth, where you build self important, And that is the moment where I started feeling good about myself. It's not gold medals, it's not money, it's not same well like, of course those things are great, they're still good. But it's those little things in our lives that we all have. We can make it.
Speaker 2: Harry, someone once said to me, a gold medal is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it. To be honest, it's when the movie Cool Runnings. But it really but it really resonated.
Speaker 1: From your uncle.
Speaker 4: He was never in a running for a gold medal.
Speaker 2: That was actually John Candy and Cool Runnings. But mate, we'll let you go We cannot wait for you to get back home on Aussie soil.
Speaker 4: We can't wait to see well done. We're all so proud of you.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys, Love you, guys Mate.
Speaker 2: By En Wake Up Feeling Good.
Speaker 1: One hundred
Speaker 3: Socials