Speaker 1: Hell, your sexy little dunk you do. You're so cute. Thanks for listening to Mail and Monty today. Hi everyone, Hi everyone.
Speaker 2: I hope you're well whatever you were up to wherever you are. I've got to say thank you for getting some incredibly beautiful messages through from some of you. If you haven't written to us yet, what the fuck are you doing right to us? But just some of you who were like, you know, you've got me through tough times or I feel like I'm catching up with my friends, or we've helped you get through breastfeeding or different things like that, you know, when you're up at night and stuff like that. So thank you because hopefully I get back to you all. But it's so beautiful and we're just so wrapped that we've got your earballs. It's just terribly thrilling for us, it is. So I've got a question for you. I had all saws on my face.
Speaker 1: Oh this was yeah, a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 2: It was so gross that I thought I've been bitten at night by something, and then I scratched it and then they spread a bit. I'm like, okay, well I figured out maybe.
Speaker 1: Their school saws. Even though the kids didn't have them, but hang on, was it like dry?
Speaker 2: No, not weeping though, wasn't weeping, but it wasn't dry.
Speaker 1: Can't explain it. But then they got itchy and sore, and so I panicked because I had to do the project. And I looked like I had I looked like a fucking meth at it, like, yeah, I get nasty, and so I quickly called the doctor and got some like I need antibiotics.
Speaker 2: She couldn't see it because it was just a telehealth appointment. So gave me some skin ones and she's like, make sure you finish the course. Make sure you finish the course. They always say, make sure you finish the course. Anyway, I did a day of it. They fucking clean it up. I did one day and then I did top I had topical anti bols as well, and I'm like, cleared them up four times a day. They wanted me to do it. I'm like, there's no way I'm going to remember that anyway. I feel like they're starting to come back a little bit, so I should have finished the course. But why is it so essential once you whatever has cleared up for you, you have to finish the course.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess it's sort of the whole course. Maybe the duration of it is to make sure that whatever is in your system whatever, because if it's antibiotics, it's bacterial. Yeah, they're assuming that. Then it's like really gotten rid of it. Yeah, so like, yeah, na, day's not going to cut A day didn't cut it.
Speaker 2: But I was like, oh my god, this is magic. It's cleared, and then I'm not taking it anymore. I'm just not taking anymore. The amount of antibiotic packets I have in my cupboard from not being finished is terrible. And every time I hate having antibiotics because I'm like, it's so bad for your guts. Apparently one course takes five years. Tummy takes five years to recover.
Speaker 1: Really, yes, yeah, I don't. I don't know. I think if you're not a serial antibiotic person, like if you take them when needed, I mean someone someone invented that so we could be well.
Speaker 2: I agree, there is a time and a place for antibiotics, for sure. And I'm the I will never knock back a drug. I'm so open to drugs. I remember with Bax, my eldest who's twelve.
Speaker 1: I had was so you know, first baby read everything about it, did hypno birthing, and I was like, I'm just was so, you know, went above and beyond to make this as perfect as it could be.
Speaker 2: And it went all to plan. And then in five days the kid got a uti which we didn't know. We had to go to the hospital because it was so cooked and they thought it was meningitis or men and pole or whatever. Yeah, so we had to have a lumber puncture and then my god, we had to Yeah, it was traumatic. And then and when we took him there.
Speaker 1: This was so awful.
Speaker 2: Of course, I got a migraine at the hospital, so I have to the bed that they had made up a little bed for him. They extended it and I was laying there and Sam had to go and do the lumber puncture. My mom came in. It was like, oh may I he was literally five days old. I couldn't look at him because I'm like, if I'm going to lose my baby, I cannot become attached to this kid. And I had to force myself, like literally forced myself to look at him because I was so like, I'm going to lose him. I'm going to lose him. And I just went into this shutdown with him.
Speaker 1: That's terrible. Oh my god, just the thought of a tiny little baby. He was so tiny, puncture lumber puncher.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Then they had to hook him up with an IV and just crank antibiotics into him because it worked out to be a UTI Thank god, that's all it was. But they make you really sick, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, fuck, I've just out of this pureness. I didn't want to give him bottles. I didn't want to give him a dummy. I'm like, there's no way, I just don't want that in him. And then of course, you know, he had to have it.
Speaker 2: Then I gave him bottles when we were there, got him a dummy. I was like, fuck it, all rules have gone out the window.
Speaker 1: I think there is an issue at the moment, like in terms of you know, all these shit's coming out about you know, plastic bottles and all that stuff. I do think, like I look at the way, especially my son eats. Yes, I'm like, listen, you know, because then you get so aware you don't want to make it an eating issue, but you can't eat all that stuff. But then I'm like, listen, you can have an ice cream, but you have to have an apple as well, Like you have to put good things into you can't just be yes, you have to have a banana or something. Do your kids have dessert every night? Well, no, my daughter doesn't because she's just not that. She's not a sweet tooth. My son, mate, that kid would just eat shit all day. I said to him, like, I don't think having a Maxi bond every night is a great idea. Try something else, but they like your taste buds, get used to that stuff. I don't care.
Speaker 2: Yes, So my son, like my middle son's on Rittelin, so he doesn't eat during the day.
Speaker 1: His lunchbox comes home completely full.
Speaker 2: So before we give him his medication in the morning, we'll make sure he'll have like seven week bicks. Can't get him to eat anything else. And then when he gets home at night, I'll make him have a dinner, but he has the same stuff every single night, and then after it, he will have a bowl of ice cream with a taler on it every single night, and then toast with a tealleer on it. And I'm like, oh my god, I'm mars. Will just give the kid a fucking big bottle of lemonade to swig with now having like it's you know, when you eat watch them and you're like, this is not.
Speaker 1: How I wanted to parent. This is not how I want. I know. It doesn't matter what we say until they I reckon, it's until they are adults or whatever. They just they don't think that far ahead. They can't.
Speaker 2: They just don't care. Yeah, they're not conscious of I remember he did. And cousins used to eat terribly when they were younger, and then they now will not put a terrible thing in their body, you know, And it's like you get to an age.
Speaker 1: Where you're like, oh, I get it.
Speaker 2: I've got to look after my body if I want to play soccer all the time and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: I don't know how he charges all day and literally does not have a thing. I guess the speed just keeps you. Yeah, it's the speed.
Speaker 2: And because he's stripped weight, you can see the outline of his muscles in his tummy and he's liking it, which really worries me. You know, he's like, show he's tummy, and I'm like, I don't care about that, mate, as long as your body's healthy. But it's like a thing with his friends. You know, having six packs and stuff. Sam's like, oh my god, I'm so anxious he's getting eating problems.
Speaker 1: But he's not. But it's just no during the day on that medication. Fuck. I think we are maybe starting to see now more so than ever, it becoming a boy thing, the body image thing, because it's the six pack. Height. Yes, height was such a beach.
Speaker 2: Heart's always been a huge thing with guys always, I reckon, Yes, it's a huge thing for any man under six foot, not for my anomaly.
Speaker 1: My husband doesn't care like no one else I know. He goes, I have never and he's not. He's not tall, Like he's slightly taller than me. Yeah, so he's short, He goes, I've never ever ever fucking considered my height. Yeah. Ever, I can't say I ever thought about it either. Like I can say a tall guy's attractive, yes, but is it a deal breaker.
Speaker 2: No, it's not a deal breaker for me either. Sam's five eleven and a half the half. I'm like, oh, yeah, it's because you're not six foot. That's why I always in that half.
Speaker 1: But he's look on moverage ie. Apparently six eleven I mean five eleven and a half is that's tall enough and you're short. Yeah, it's perfect. I'm sure he's six ' five in your books. Totally.
Speaker 2: So anyway, the other week we started because we always often do our anti bucket list, stuff we don't want to do in this lifetime. We're like, okay, let's do our bucket list, right, but we realize they've got to be just the tiny things because we're not fucking going to walk Everest, We're not going to run a marathon, so it's instead it it's like this, this is a dinner place. Shallow yeah, shallow?
Speaker 1: Yes? What sits on your dinner plate? What have you got this week? No? I haven't got anything. I was just waiting on yours. I was like, hey, let's get some shallow plates. That is so funny.
Speaker 2: You don't have one single thing for your shallow No?
Speaker 1: No, because I thought you'd like I did mine last week. Okay, week, all right, okay, all right, that out? No, all, this is brilliant. All right, So I've got two things for my shallow plate. What were yours again? Oh? You wanted to t work? Learn to t work, which I've been practicing you by yourself in the room or in the mirror. In the bathroom. This is It's yeah, it is. But I feel like I watched a couple of tutorials. Oh my god, I'm serious. I'm serious about it. And the other one was to learn the words of that song Saplan. You haven't got anywhere with that. I don't know about a likelihood of that way, I know I told you you'll never do that.
Speaker 2: I will let it. I will anyway. Mine are a bit ridiculous as well. But it's not the it's not the bucket list. It's the shallow plate list. I really want to get shellac on my fingernails and then not peel it off.
Speaker 1: I can't do it.
Speaker 2: Anytime I get shellac and then it gets to a certain stage, I just start picking it, rips off half my nails.
Speaker 1: So I've gone.
Speaker 2: I just don't get it anymore. But I'm like, it's something I really want in my life. Whenever I see people with nice red nails or something, I'm like, I want that, But I know that I'm going to peel it off. So that's a goal of mine. It's a shallow plate goal to get it and not pick it off.
Speaker 1: I reckon even the fact that you're mindful of it. Yes, it depends how you are in that moment though, because you know, like you get the little flick, like the little edge coming up that maybe don't know what I've fuck that idea. I'm gone with an edge. Yeah, and you can't stop at one. He's got pringles. Once you pop, you can't stop. I just got my kids mini Pringle packs for their school lunch. I try and avoid. I mean, I've got so much junk food in my house, but pringles. When I look at the ingredients, I'm like, there's too many ingredients, ingredients, so many ingredients. The only ones that probably they should have are the rock ones. What are they called red rock dal. I know it's like potato oil and salt.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's what I should get them my kids. Honestly though, that what I put in their lunch box. And then, like I've told you, Odie's like they all have the tins, you know, the tin lunch boxes, and they got home message carrots. Mine's just fucking full of rappers. There's nothing in there that doesn't have a rapper on it.
Speaker 1: Whatever, don't worry about it. I'm okay.
Speaker 2: And my other my shallow dinner plate goal is to go a whole day. And originally I thought without at all, and then I'm like, that's not possible, So with only doing it three times in that day. No, not picking my nose.
Speaker 1: I thought it was a picking the nose. No, I'm never giving out that. Wiping my kitchen bench, oh you think it's like a bit of an obsessive thing. I just wipe it all the fucking time, Like I'll see a bit of dust on it and I'll wipe it. And I'm like, I would wipe my bench about sixteen times a day. I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. This is a bad thing. Picking shelac off is not a bad thing.
Speaker 2: But what I just am like, could you just chill out with the It's like I need my house because my mind is so out of control to just be a certain way, and the kitchen bench for me needs to be empty and needs to have it needs to be clean otherwise I feel rattled.
Speaker 1: And that's hard to do. Keep bench, to keep your kitchen bench, even get the clip forget the cleanliness, uncluttered, no mailed papers, papers everywhere I have.
Speaker 2: I have three like a console near where you're walking in the door and all three draws.
Speaker 1: Are full of shit. Yeah, just blood tests that have never been done.
Speaker 2: There's scraps of paper to do lists, there's everyone's got one of those draws.
Speaker 1: Except for my sister. My sister, you have said this, and I'm just like, that's so weird to me. Everything has a place. How nice though, so nice? You know what I've been meaning to ask you for weeks? What happened to your thumb? Oh? Yes, like my middle finger. It's not my thumb, Oh sorry, your pointer finger. My pointer finger has got uh what do you call it? Like black? Like bruise, like a bruise, like a black Yeah, So the blood got trapped under there. I fucking slammed it in the car door, and I have never done it. I've realized I hadn't done it either. The pain was so excruciating I wanted to cry. And I was at the ostio and I walked in and it also cut my finger so that it was bleeding, and that immediately the blood got trapped under the nail, so you gotta wait for it to grow out. But I went into the osteo and I'm like, I've just slammed my door my finger in the car door. And can I please have a band aid? And he didn't give me much for it. I'm like, fuck, no one understands the pain. Anyway. The next time I went back to him, he said, you'll never guess what I did. I slammed my finger in the car door. And he said, I didn't give you enough when you came in with it. It's so painful, And I said, yes, you didn't. I really was in so much pain and you gave me nothing. And now you get it. Do you know what's so accurate with things like that? Like when you smash your finger or whatever. Remember in the cartoons, like the old cartoons, and like one of the characters would hit the ham with a hammer and like the thumb would be massive, And yeah, that's exactly what it feels like.
Speaker 2: Honestly, had not experienced pain like that, and quite some time it was really really full on.
Speaker 1: And then how embarrassed are you complaining about it? Because it seems like such a trivial year.
Speaker 2: Yes, I hate when it's teeny tiny things that are so painful and no.
Speaker 1: One gives you anything. No one gives a fuck when you're sick or when you're hurt or anything. Do they nah, they just I don't want to hear it. I don't care. They just they just want to hear I'm good, thanks, I don't want to hear any of your problems. So true. It's so true.
Speaker 2: Like the other day, I was getting a cold and it was really bothering me because I'm like, this is going to go into a week long thing. My family's coming up. I just want to be good when they're here. And I said to them I think I'm getting a cold, and he didn't even acknowledge it, but to me and my world, I was like.
Speaker 1: Fuck, this is disaster. I know, okay, yeah, all right, couldn't care that. He's like, you've used w sick, Baker. It's funny. I don't know what it is. Sometimes I get like a sore throat at night, and I wake up in the morning and I'm fine, but it's like this sore throat at night. The other night, I'm like, oh god, my throat feels a bit sore on this side. And he goes, yeah, you said that the other night. You're all right, okay, fine, whatever, No compassion that Sam's definitely got cares fatigue because I've got migraines all the time and just fucking tired all the time. I can just see he's just a broken man, just a broken man with caring for me. You know, get over it? What do you do?
Speaker 2: So the other day, right, I was at a cafe with three friends.
Speaker 1: I was sitting.
Speaker 2: I hadn't seen me in ages. I flew to Melbourne. I was catching up with Stace and a couple of other girl friends, and we had like forty five minutes. Anyway, we sit down, we get our coffees, and a fucking dog next to us did not stop yapping. So these lady's with her group of friends, her little white dogs are always white.
Speaker 1: The dogs that.
Speaker 2: Yap, aren't they was it like a Maltese terrier. It was some something like that. Anyway, So Stacey's like, I can't concentrate. I cannot concentrate. That dog is not shutting up. So then it once somebody mentions it, then.
Speaker 1: You all queue into it.
Speaker 2: So we'd be talking and then halfway through the sentence and you'd have to stop because you'd be in shock at how much this dog was yapping. Anyway, I said to them that lady has to leave. It's her responsibility to get up and leave because she's destroying everyone's time at this cafe. There's no way her friends sitting with her are having a good time. I'm certainly not having a good time.
Speaker 1: She needs to leave. Here's my question, does it Is it the responsibility of the yapper dog the owner to leave when the dog's yapping a lot? I think there is such a lack of self awareness sometimes of other people, and maybe that comes from you thinking about how you'd be in that situation, right, Like I think the same way. And this is going to sound horrible, but if you're somewhere and a baby's crying, right, and I get babies cry, I've had them. But when the parents are just the baby, say, is in a pram and the mum or the dad are just sitting there carrying on with their conversation, the baby's screaming, and they're ignoring the baby and just continuing on with their conversation. Like, there has to be a point where you're like, Okay, pick up that baby and comfort it. Yes, so it stops crying. Yes, because there are other people here who are trying to live their life. That to me is rare. Parents having their kids screaming because as a parent, do you really I see that a lot, and I always think to myself, isn't it your instinct to just grab that baby.
Speaker 2: When my kids are mucking up or crying or whatever, like say, when they were babies. It's all you can hear as a parent, Like I feel like we it's an innate thing that we can't ignore it. If somebody else's kids crying and stuff. I tend to not notice it that much. Yeah, and you're not as conscious of it. But absolutely that's so distracting. But it's so weird. If there's an if there's a noise distracting people in any way while you were sitting at a cafe, you've got to remove yourself until the situation calms down. Same with with the dog. Oh, if you have to be able to hear your dog. This dog, I wasn't going to get up, and I was going to say you need to look. At one point Stacey said shush because I said I think she should leave, really quite loud, because I was so annoyed. I'm like, I never get to see my friends. We're getting distracted by this yappy.
Speaker 1: Shit white dog. No, I agree. I think you've just got to be aware Okay, a dog's going to bark a bit. But if it's that just your spark. Yes, it was incessant. Yeah it needs to You got to take it for a walk and tire it out. Maybe it wanted some water, Maybe I need something. God, you'd be spewing if you got a dog, because you don't know. Before you get the dog, you could see yapper, do you know what I mean? It's like I know you don't You go, oh, this is so cute, and you get at home and you're like, this thing doesn't stop barking, Like that's a disaster. Imagine what they're saying. I get into this room, tiny sometimes like what are they saying? Are they are they actually saying something? Is it like I've got a shit? I've got a shit? That's what that dog's yapping about. Imagine you could imagine it was a doctor Doolittle and you really could talk to the animals, because when you hear them in the street, like one dog's barking and then your dog's bark is it like you know, Trevor across the road, the German shepherd is saying, your bulldog, I'm gonna come over here and fuck you up. And your bulldogs saying shut the fuck up, Trevor. Your coat's all disgusting, like, you know, get a hair brush into your coats, so disgusted. God, I love it.
Speaker 2: I had to make my text message words bigger the other day. Got to the point where I'm like, I'm holding my phone so far away, like I remind myself of an older person. And I said to Sam, how do I make my text bigger? And I bit the bullet and I've made it a bit bigger.
Speaker 1: Have you been to the optometress, Like are you gonna consider glasses or I will? I don't think I need them yet. It's like, oh, fine, what you just said argues that point a bit. It's more like the fine print on like the back of panodole and stuff like that. That's very small. It's so tiny. And then my text, yeah, my text messages. I was starting to yeah, I mean I will go.
Speaker 2: I went like maybe a year and a half ago, and he's like, you're gonna need glasses, you know, probably in the next however many years. But because I'm so prone to migraines, I'll get a migraine there. Because you've got to look through all of that stuff. You've got to look at the the you.
Speaker 1: Know, the A, B C. Whatever, and it gives me a migraine, so I just am avoiding it. There's something in if you have to wear glasses all the time. It's fine, yes, but there's something old is about having to whip out your glasses put them on. Will you read for something? Yeah? Let me read that, And you've got to put the glasses on that hold on backs, Can you go get my glasses please? The chain on you wear the main the chain you know, you know what else is an indicator that and like our parents' generation do all the time with the phones. Maybe it's just my mum. I don't know. Have you noticed that they'll grab the phone and they like everything they do, like when they you know, flick the phone up or they're sending a text message or anything. The hand flairy dramatic flair is it's a very of the photo. It's a big bang instead of it's a bang across, bang across. Yeah. I'm always like, why are you flicking your hand so much? Just you know, like just light movements.
Speaker 2: And then I'm like, what fingerprint? Yes, funny, it's funny. What annoys you isn't it. It's a It's a generational thing for sure. You know that I might get the glasses where it's glasses and then I flick up the sunglass part and then flick it back down.
Speaker 1: You don't even need those. My mum's got the transitions.
Speaker 2: All my god, Yes, what are they called. I used to work at Sunglass Hut. Transitions positional transitions, Okay, they go from they go from you know, like normal glasses to sunglasses when you need them. And also Maui Jim's used to do that. You know, the brand, Maui jym Nah. Oh yeah, because they were pricey. They were a Hawaiian brand, I think, well obviously Maui and they would go like they would lighten and darken where in wherever you were.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: They weren't a prescription oh, just like normal sonnies. Yes, I worked at Sunglass Hut when Arnetts were huge.
Speaker 1: Are they the speed dealer ones? Yes, forget what the name is. And also eye jackets, Oakley eye jackets. They're gonna be if they haven't already, they'll be back in. I would never there you go, there's something for my antibraet, my anti bucket list. Yes, I would never ever wear those. You know what I might come around to is the Oakley was it frog skins? And they were the purple rims with the mirror mirror that were huge frog something. I know what you're talking about. Ray band. My sister had them in ray bands as well. They were more like the frame was clear, but the actual lenses were like purple mirror like right, that is an habarrassing for no reason for me. I hate having a conversation with someone who's wearing those because you're looking at them, but you're looking at yourself and then it's like you're taken with your own reflection. You're talking to them. That's not right. It's uncomfortable. It's so uncomfortable. They shouldn't be allowed. I would hate that too.
Speaker 2: And you appear like, you know, when you're looking like you look bigger if you lean into them, and stuff like your head goes.
Speaker 1: Yes, nah, yes, way yeah. All right. Shall we get out of here, mate, We've covered all the of the big topic of today.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening. Everyone hit us up anytime. As I always say, Sean Tell online is where you can find us. Instagram is the best place. Please give us a rating or a comment on iTunes or Spotify, wherever you listen to us, and share our pod with any mate that you think might enjoy it.
Speaker 1: That is just so hugely helpful for us. We appreciate you. Will chat soon. Love you,