Speaker 1: The most inspirational day of the year. Here on Fox League pride, history and the tradition. Then outcome these modern day heroes saluting the memories of soldiers and times we will never see again.
Speaker 2: On ends Act Day, lest we again.
Speaker 1: Friday, First Up Friday from three o'clock.
Speaker 3: This is always one of the biggest games of the year.
Speaker 1: The big end Zac Day game everyone wants a ticket to. It's the Roosters and the Dragons from Alliance with a history of its own.
Speaker 4: Good luck put on a sad pretty well, count on behave them.
Speaker 5: Here's a change to.
Speaker 6: Watch it on it It's Chummy's Chummy time lads.
Speaker 5: Wh gets at the Gray and again the last tangle.
Speaker 1: It is shot breaking the cups. Yep, as good as it gets the Roosters and the Dragons.
Speaker 5: There's nothing like this.
Speaker 1: But this is only the beginning. Friday at six, it's the Warriors and the Knights from across the Ditch, randing off An's Next Day Football. From eight, it's the Storm and the Rabbits break him back as Cam Monster and Ryan Pappenhouse up against the trell Mitchell and Jack White.
Speaker 2: Great Rugby League.
Speaker 1: Right now, that's end Zac Day on Fox sweet once a year highlight and celebration of the way we work.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Man, three sixty rugby league from every angle joined me, the great Gordon Tellus, that's been the Jonas and James Hooper and Michaus carry onas how good is this going to be? ANZAC Day? Three games live? The only place you can watch all three games is right here on Fox. League is this before you start? Do you reckon? You've got Doggie covered with the You.
Speaker 2: Tell me absolutely please?
Speaker 5: I think you're looking very sharp to me.
Speaker 6: Thank you?
Speaker 5: Is this one of the biggest days, if not the biggest day on the calendar?
Speaker 7: I think it is the best day on the calendar. I think the way that the NRL, all of the current players pay their respects and honor the men and women who went and fought for Australia and gave us the best country in the world today, Gordon, I just think it's fantastic the respect that is paid and the way it's done.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: And normally the games go down to the wire and players don't normally take a backward step, but that day there's a lot of emotions and it's and it wasn't like it wasn't big in my era, but it's one of the rounds that I really get jealous of what goes on around there. It's a especially the dragons and the roosters, they kick it all off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you're in the crowd that day, obviously that the back of your hairs stand up well on your neck. And it's an education for fans as well over the sacrifice that's been made for generations gone by.
Speaker 2: So it's a great day.
Speaker 4: It's a great event, and it's generally a great spectacle that Dragon's roosters clash.
Speaker 5: I finally, as a player, it's a real day of reflection. Like during the week you prepare for this game, and it's really emotional. They bring soldiers or war veterans that have served before and they come in normally tell us, tell us their story and what it was like. And then you get to the day and it's such a big build up and it's such a big crowd and it is an emotional day. Then you kind of hear the last post and then the national anthem and the silence is deafeniting in that moment, like in between sort of those two moments, those two moments, and you know, you think about your family, you think about your journey to this point, and it's really like it is as as a player. It's we spoke to the players last night. You've got to control your emotions because you know, for just a club game, it's like playing Origin.
Speaker 8: Or a street We say we go into battle and war, but we don't like when you hear their stories and I think that they're over used in the sporting well. But you know that you've got to trust your mate when you sit there and you know they say you're like and the word dig it because they didn't dig, they didn't survive. But all these old diggers come and tell you their stories. And that's when you go out there and you pull on a jersey to run around in this great country. You know you can't, but you can't not ever go.
Speaker 5: And the pressure is on to not disappoint, you know absolutely, because everyone is watching this first game, the Sydney Roosters up against the Dragons. It's been a great battle over the years, the Roosters a little bit out of form at the moment. The Dragons have found for him and surprised a few people and could have won a couple more. How do we see this one penny out.
Speaker 7: I think it's tight, especially given everything that your blokes have just emphasized about the magnitude of this clash. I love the battle of the fullbacks. Teddy has been in superb form even when the roosters have been beaten, and Clint Guthason for mine at this early stage, I think he has been the bye the year, and I think that proves a lot of people wrong because it was criticized initially when the Dragons went after him, But I think his involvement over the opening rounds of the season just shows the contribution that he's making to the side.
Speaker 5: He's so consistent, isn't he And he brings so much energy. You talk about experience, but he just turns up every week and it's at least a seven or eight out of ten. He is everywhere in the game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was the perfect player for what the Dragons needed because you go through that club. Out of the patlast couple of seasons, the Achilles Hill has been leadership and consistency. Lie brings both. There's no doubt about that. He's set the standard from day one at training and he's been really really good for the Dragons and takes a bit of pressure off an emerging halves combination as well. I probably have Threll made just ahead of him as by the year, but it's a very close second for.
Speaker 8: Mine Unlockedell Holmes as well because Vell sort of struggled a bit last year. Bell's probably starting to come back to his best. But as the young halves for the Roosters too, both on a really big emotional day.
Speaker 5: It is sant and Smith just hasn't been playing well this year. I think everyone's been a little bit surprised by that. That's just the truth. He's got to be better, because you know, with Walker being out, it was like, okay, well, Sanding can stand up, and he showed in the pass and he has done that and he's had a couple of good games this year, but he hasn't been good enough. And then Hugo Savala is really the one they're leaning on as a rookie half with his kicking game, and we saw that against the Broncos a couple of weeks ago, how impactful that was. And then they come up against the Dragons halves pairing who you know, some labeled you know that the worst and the competition and Flanagan was quick through in mind everyone after the game last week, so they've got a point to prove and they don't believe that themselves. So this is the moment, This is the game to do that on the biggest stage right and one of the biggest stages on.
Speaker 3: That Dragon's halves pairing.
Speaker 7: They have come in for considerable criticism over the opening rounds, but I think it's the addition of gutheruson If you look at his triass this year, I think he's already ahead of Ben Hunt in terms of points that he's been able to create. That takes pressure off lockey Ilius and off cold Flood again.
Speaker 3: So I think they compliment one another.
Speaker 2: Well. It was such an important win last week. The way the Dragons went about it.
Speaker 4: They'll clearly the better side on the first half and could have led by a lot more, but they had the lead, looked like they're want to get run down, which has been a theme of the season. But to kick again and get that win was huge for Locke and Kyle.
Speaker 5: Gutherson's been a great buy. If he's not the best boy, he's up there in the top three. There's no doubt on the flip side. What's happened to Tom Young? He's been dropped this week for the Roosters. Cost a bit of money for them to bring him down from Newcastle? Can you tell us you the information is just.
Speaker 7: I got to say it was a surprise to me. Look, he's on big money. I think he's on about four hundred and fifty thousand dollars a season. Signed by the Rooster's first season last year. It's a four year deal, so he's still only very early doors into his tenure with the Chuks. Look, he has come up with some defensive misreads over the opening number of rounds. I think they put him on notice. Coach Trent Robinson has put him on notice earlier in the season about that, and he's just felt, for whatever reason, this is going to be the best thing for his confidence.
Speaker 4: I'm not surprised at all because of the defense, defensive deficiencies, the way he's sort of come in and been left exposed on that wing and some of his carriers coming out of his own end. You know, he's a big body, but he doesn't have the same impact. And you look at the form of Toyer Billy Smith and no longer needs to ask say, you have to get them more in the back line.
Speaker 2: So I wasn't surprised at.
Speaker 5: Because he's six foot five and he's big and he runs like the win. So like I'm like, what, why can't you get it right? You know, Like his decisions in defense have been pretty ordinary this year, and he carries, like you said, for the size of him and the speed that he has. If he has a crack, you know, he'll get back in the first grade. But he's got to work on his game. I think this is a really good move. I think it's good too. Obviously. Billy Smith, I mean, he was great two weeks ago, comes back after suspension. He made it. He was you know, he was instrumental in that win up in Brisbane. And then it moves Mark I'm need to ask there which the first time I stuff that up, But it moves him to the wing. He struggled with his defensive reason center and it makes it quite simple for him on the wing. You know, he's just got one job to follow his center and make the right decision. And his attack's been so good, Like you can see the Rugby union coming in him in attack.
Speaker 8: He's off lage. He's always promoting the ball. He's learning on the go, but like in attack, he's been outstanding and dom young he's on the end of everything and he has come up with some poor reads and the Rooster's on the have been pulled out of shape a couple of times this year, but putting him on the wing, I think it just keeps him out of it.
Speaker 5: So I think it actually works in their favor. So you know, it's a good move by the Roosters. They need a big game for them, isn't me?
Speaker 2: A huge game?
Speaker 4: Huge game for them because it was a bizarre week last week against the Pendrick Panthers because I thought that was the better side in the first half despite trailing by six, and then just got blown off the park completely in that second half, and you know they're going to start they lose this one, they start chasing their tail and losing to a side like the Dragons. So you think they compete if they're going to be in the top eight towards at that bottom of the eighth. So it's a huge game for the Roosters, a huge game for.
Speaker 5: The Knights as well, six pm, taking on the Warriors over in New Zealand. Newcastle's attack has just been it's been awful. It really has what's doing with Kaylen Ponger. You know, usually he's the man that saves them, he's the creator, he's everything. Now let's have a look at some numbers here with the Knights nose die average points ten. That's last average tries two. It goes on completion rate, terrible. Error is the same. I mean, look at their tackle busts and they're off fload. So it's a nightmare in Newcastle at the moment.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they've been putrid to only manage to score sixty points in six games. And if you actually break it down, you've got to go back to round two against the Dolphins. They scored twenty eight of those points in that picture. So when you factor that in for a backline that's got not only KP but also Bradman Best, Dame Gaguy, Fletcher Sharp's one of the best emerging players in the competition who's lightning quick and can create points. It is surprising they've been struggling. If you actually look at the raw numbers, they're struggling to hold the ball. It's just fundamental errors coming out of their own end. Basic mistakes that's really been biting them on the arms.
Speaker 4: That's been the concerning thing with hoofs. Their fundamental errors, things that they can control, is what's shot them in the foot. But you look at their they just haven't for the last couple of seasons. They just haven't settled at number seven. It's been an ongoing theme and while you're chopping and changing your halves each week with your number sevemans each week, you're not going to get that continuity. Their go forwards not quite there either with the players that have been missing, particularly in the middle of the field, so they haven't had that impetus to go forward, and that's where Kaylen plays well. Right, Kaylan plays off the front foot. They haven't had the opportunity for him and Fletcher Sharp's quite similar. Right, they're great front foot players, but if you don't have that go forward, they're really nullified and slow.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Adam O'Brien has survived tougher times, but is it true that he gets a two million dollars payer out if he got sacked, you might be able to contraction before.
Speaker 4: I don't think there's any get out clauses there and only any new deal to the end of twenty twenty seven, which he inked last season and extended and look.
Speaker 2: So he does you'll get a paid get full pair, full full payer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I mean most of them.
Speaker 7: I thought most of the club is now safeguarded measure. They usually like a spot coming out with a.
Speaker 4: Whatever the case may be. But it's my understanding it's full payout for Adam. Then that's off the back of making all the finals that he's made. I think he's made four in five years. And you know a lot of coaches would love that opportunity to make four finals in five years. And I just don't think they've got the cattle there to compete.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 4: The pressure will be on next year once Dylan Brown arrives and if they're dishing up the same sort of attack, well there's going to be some issues there, right, So I think he's safe. Well, it has to be four out of five finals in a side that does anyone have them make in the top eight this year?
Speaker 5: What if the're losing?
Speaker 3: Round continues Mick, what if you're losing?
Speaker 2: Had them in the top eight?
Speaker 6: Audio?
Speaker 5: Well they should have?
Speaker 9: You said them in your top eight. I didn't pick a top eight, but would you have had him in the top eight. Yeah, you think so, Calum Pong No, I did have them in.
Speaker 2: The top eight.
Speaker 5: Remember it's too long ago.
Speaker 8: But if you said they've made four out of five, they would expect themselves to be in the top eight. It's not what we think about them, it's what they think about them inside their own form.
Speaker 2: I just don't think they've got a top eight quality roster at the moment.
Speaker 7: If you look at their back line, Mick, yes, the halves have had a lot of chopping and changing, but the rest of that back line, the strike.
Speaker 3: Across them, they should, they should.
Speaker 5: You should come back then me what's changed this year competed to last.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't think the go forwards there either. Last year that Jacob and Daniel Soffidi playing a lot. Leo Thompson was obviously there, but Daniel's gone to the Dolphins and Jacob's been injured and that that hurts. Then you're throwing Adam Miller, Jack Hetherington, Dylan Lucas. There's your there's a starting.
Speaker 5: Forward back almost Thompson too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they definitely at the end of the year.
Speaker 4: Brown Dylan Brown, Well, that's why they've paid him a stupid amount of money to fix this problem, to help fix this problem because they can't score points, so they find a guy they believe can help score points.
Speaker 5: Which leads us to these details emerge of a potential three way players swap between Galvin, Brown, Peace Paul.
Speaker 4: Please explain, Well, there's lots doing the rounds at the moment. In terms of you, You've got all those three players that you mentioned. Ky Peace Paul's off contract at the end of this season at the Newcastle Knights. I think it's unlikely that he stays at new Castle, and these two potential suitors are Paramatta and the West Tigers. Right, then you've got Dylan Brown, Gun and Newcastle next year, and then who knows what the situation is with Locky Galvin. So theoretically, if you move Peace Poor to the Tigers and Galvin to the Eels and Brown to the Knights, there's a potential right now before Dune thirty. There's a lot of things that need to happen, right But are you hear there's been There's definitely been conversations at the very least between a swap between Kype Peace Paul and Dylan Brown.
Speaker 2: At the Paramatta Hills.
Speaker 5: Is that between the clubs.
Speaker 4: That's between the clubs, right, whether or not that eventually it's I think it's long to happen.
Speaker 5: You're suggesting or thinking that if Brown goes from Paramatta within weeks just so that does happen, which.
Speaker 4: Is paratter and in no rush to get rid of Ylan Brown, and especially there are no rush to get.
Speaker 5: Rid of him. But if he does, then Galvin comes into the frame.
Speaker 4: Well, if I'm Paramatta, I'm not releasing Dylan Brown unless I've got Lockie Galvin, right, because then you leave yourself short and you're going to throw away this season. So the only way that could work if I'm Paramount, I'm not saying sea Dylan Brown and I don't have Lucky Galvin done.
Speaker 7: It feels like there's a lot of Chinese whispers to this. It feels like it was brought up on radio on the weekend. There's a lot of fantasy football spitballing. I spoke to Kay Peers, Paul's agent at a sam Are You, and he said, look, under no circumstances have we asked for a release or will we be asking for a release this season. He also said that they're not going to be part of solving other people's problems or predicaments, which lends itself to the fact that clearly some of those other clubs are trying to maneuver behind the scenes to get this style of scenario into effect.
Speaker 5: Clubs and agents.
Speaker 3: I just loved you'd have to have the agents involved too, Sure.
Speaker 2: Three separate agents there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so that's a particular positive workout. It's not like one's got two or whatever the case may be. But there's no doubt that it's all. The Tigers are in for him, right, So the Tigers.
Speaker 7: I think there were some people pushing for the Tigers to possibly get him before June thirty.
Speaker 3: That then may have been perceived as well.
Speaker 7: Okay, the Tigers have had a bit of a victory there, They've got a good damaging edge back rower.
Speaker 3: Well, maybe then they might soften their stand.
Speaker 5: Pending what happens with the Galvin situation, which we'll get to all right. Shane Richardson's Shane Richardson sat down with a friend of the show, Brent Reid, to discuss the Lachland Galvin saga. Let's start with his comments on Galvin. Here it comes Lochland Galvin is a great person. He's a junior, he's come through the club. He's going to be well with us for the next eighty months. Just treat him the way you would treat your own son. I don't disparage his decision at all, except that I don't agree that Benji wouldn't make him a better player. He's never requested a release. The bottom line from the club's point of view is he's here for the next eighteen months. He's never said that Marshall Kart coach. Lachlan is a very honest kid. He's as simple as it gets. He loves his footy, so bred reed. He interview in the Dally Telegraphs today with Shane Richardson and these were the comments around Lachlan. How do we see these?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think they're pretty honest from rich oh and trying to defend a kid that they know he's trying to agitate to essentially get out at some point. So I think it's good that he's finally come up and got on the front foot a little bit. The fact that he said he's never requested a release. I don't know what that timeline in towers, because you know it's been confirmed that he has where there. It's part of Shane Richardson's regime or definitely the regime before him, And he did admit that Lockie said that he thought he'd plays best footy elsewhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I think it's a smart play from rich He's an experienced administrator. He's trying to show Lockelan a little bit of love off what was a brutal and extremely messy week last week. I think the suggestion that Lachlan's never bagged Benji, that's probably a little bit hard to cop because speaking to a lot of people around the game, that seems to have been a common theme that has been confirmed by a number of people. So I understand what rich I is trying to do, and I applaud him for saying we're not just going to roll over and we're not just going to release Lockeye, because I think that's been a major sticking point with a lot of people.
Speaker 5: We had the indication yesterday that the Tigers were going to dig their heels in and he just said there that he's here for the next eighty months.
Speaker 2: Do we just correct if does that ended?
Speaker 5: Hey, what he said is he's here for months?
Speaker 8: No, But I love that if I'm a Tigers fan, if I'm a Tiger's fan, if I'm a Tiger's member, if I'm a supporter, and they come out from my club, I'm thinking that's really good. So the young kid got put in this situation in the club goes no, we back you to play your best football here in the next eighteen months.
Speaker 5: Let's hear from Richo again and what he said about Isaac Moses to Brent Ree. Obviously it's not good this year. We've had challenges and they've all been with Isaac Moses' clients. I've got to deal with Isaac. He's got to deal with me. Benji deals with the player. I deal with the manager. So I deal with Isaac because Benji and Isaac have no relationship whatsoever. In fact, it's antagonistic. He certainly made it clear to everybody that Benji's not on his Christmas list, and I'm sure he's not on Benji's Isaac's smart, he's intelligent, and he's trying to do the best what is best for his clients. I get all of that, but he's not doing the best for the West Tigers.
Speaker 8: So I like that.
Speaker 7: Rich O's on the front foot, he's being extremely transparent. The players that he's talking about are obviously John Bateman David Klemer have both exited the West Tigers over the course the last six months.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 7: Lockie Galvin's the latest player in the headlines. I think he's simply spoken.
Speaker 3: The truth there.
Speaker 7: Look last week on the show, I suggested that Isaac and Clint Newton were close.
Speaker 3: This is not the case.
Speaker 7: There's no personal relationship between Isaac and Clint, and I certainly didn't intend to cause Clint any issues, of the RLPA any issues, or question anybody's integrity. But I like what rich Il has done here. He said all along. You can go back six months ago. He said, I want players who are in for the crocodile role. I want players who want to fight. And he's now showing the entire playing group that he is prepared to fight for a player, even though a lot of them, the senior players Mick, have clearly got a beef with how this whole thing has played out.
Speaker 4: Plaud Richard, Yeah, I think it was good from rich O. Didn't sugarcoat it said for him. Benji and Isaac don't get on. It's quite simple. They don't communicate, they can't communicate, So he's the intermediary and he's got to continue to be so.
Speaker 2: Because Isaac's got dream buller.
Speaker 7: You seem like you might still think that you don't necessarily subscribe lock He'll be there for the next day, ten months.
Speaker 4: I just if I'm the West tighs, I'm looking for a win, right, and what that win looks like, I'm not sure.
Speaker 7: But if isn't the win standing up for your club and standing up for the first it's going to drag a contract.
Speaker 4: Local not that if it's just going to drag out headlines and talking about contracts. Mate, they show clem of the door. They showing baitman the door, right, So it works both ways. Okay, you know, so don't talk about contracts because we know if a club wants to get rid of your they'll just this instance.
Speaker 7: In this instance, the club has done a good job. They've brought the kid through that enough.
Speaker 4: If you if you think that they can get through eighteen months without it being a distraction or headlines continuously keep him there.
Speaker 5: I think what's a bigger distraction though, is it him being there for eighteen months and trying to find his feet and regain that respect of the teammates and having him play for them, or is it letting him go and getting it three out of thousand of the player.
Speaker 2: Return depends on what you get in return.
Speaker 4: Break just depend if you can, if you can orchestrate the Klie Pierce poor thing, I'd probably do it right to make it happen and guarantee because what that's got. And then they've well, they've got lots too fine. No, that's no like for like Cordy, because he's not a like for like value. That's what praise point is. If you're looking for like for like, you're done. That's but then you've got lots too fine. And who you've said, who Tigers believe is their long term half. So do you keep him back for eighteen months?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 2: Do you kick start his development?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Well, I mean it's not even certain they'll stick with the combination they've got. Yeah, as you said with Gavin and Louis. If if Aynhu comes through and starts producing, because's okay. So shamee what. Richardson has just appeared on James Grahames by Around podcast, detailing the moment he knew Locky Galvin was gone take a look.
Speaker 6: I said to the to the player manager at the time, I said, look, I'd like to ring and confirm this with his family, with his family with him. Well, he's a nine year old kid mate, I've met his family before, and I know how close he is to his family and how close they are, and they're really good people and to be totally sold. Was surprised by the way that that's happened. But at the end of the day, but I wanted to talk to his dad. James was a great guy, and I said, he said, no ways at all, and so I tried to ring him that up and he didn't return the call and all the next day. So I became obviously I didn't want talk about it, which is their prerogative. And it also said to me that they were behind the decisions. In my own mind was fifty to fifty whether he stayed or not and what was going on outside, But it didn't become fifty to fifty, become not one hundred and once that decision may we needed to move on.
Speaker 5: Very interesting there from Shane Richardson, pretty telling where Lucky and his family were at with his decision.
Speaker 7: Well, it just confirms what has been reported all along that Isaac and Lockey go into the meeting with Richo's got the six year, six million dollar deal a ready to go. He probably thinks he's in a reasonably strong position, and Isaac says, don't even bother tabling it because beyond the end of his current contract, we're not going to be here. He didn't talk about the list of grievances, but obviously that was also part of the meeting, and then we've seen it unfold over the course of the next weeks since, with lots of different twists and turns.
Speaker 4: Yes, I can't argue with what Hoops has said. I think it's just that's why. I mean, I just don't know if it's just going to continue to be a destruction.
Speaker 5: All right, I'm sick you're talking about it, but I don't think it's going to go any away anytime soon. With the Bulldogs out of the race, manager, With the Bulldogs out of the race for lock Weing galve in the future of tobe Sex and has become a major talking point.
Speaker 10: When there's good players come on the market, you've always got to have those conversations and and look at look at what's best for the club and make decisions in the best interest of the club, but just.
Speaker 5: Shut down all the speculation. We'll get on with what we're doing.
Speaker 10: We've got a pathway system that we've put a lot of time and effort into and that's reaping some rewards as well.
Speaker 5: You know, we're a development club.
Speaker 10: We've been on that path for a number of years now and put a lot of time and effort into that. And you know, we won't be bringing too many people from the outside, not that I'm aware of Toby. Toby's done a good job. I think he's just hand on this whole period really well as a character. So team first, allever he's doing that and improving every week, then those other things will come. You know, I've said it before, I think our club is probably the closest thing to English Premier League or college football in our country. So walking from the Lee's Club down here on Bellmore days and on the weekend, being able to have that walkover from the hotel to the ground and everyone sort of lashed onto it. But you know, just talking to our leadership group then they loved it. You know, they understand it's a truly unique experience for what it means to be a Bulldog and yeah, something we'll definitely think about doing in the future.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I was prepping for the show this afternoon and this story popped up on my phone with the Dali Telegraph. It was Bomber Peter Bidell story Sexton and I'm thinking he signed, he's resigned here with the Bulldogs. I sent it to my EP go there you go, he's resigning and he goes mate read the article. I've read the article and he hadn't, so not too sure what happened there, but he brought it from White. I thought he'd done a two year deal and they'd got him at five under an year for two years. But why are the Dogs holding off here? They're not rushing into signing him, and why haven't they signed him already.
Speaker 7: Well, Bomber's gone to the agent and then he's just quoted what the agent's told him, which is apparently he's going to go and have a sit down with Gus, hopefully in the next couple of weeks, and they'll roll out the welcome Matt and perhaps he can convince Gus that Tabe does deserve a new two year deal. Look, I just think that I don't think the Bulldogs are in a rush because if you're listening to Cameron Sraldo there, they've got an awesome pathway system set up there and Mitchell Woods is one of the best emerging young halfbacks in the country. And so I just feel as though while they're on this winning role, they don't want any distractions. Rather than rushing into anything they can't afford to sit back and take their time a little bit. And they've got a cap that they've got to work within.
Speaker 3: They've got Leo.
Speaker 7: Thompson coming next year. I'm sure they'd love to get him this year if they could somehow maneuver that from Newcastles good half back.
Speaker 3: There's a bit to it.
Speaker 5: They're sitting on top of the table.
Speaker 8: I understand if they're sitting twelfth or something and he's playing okay, But when you sit on top of the table and your team's just in song you think.
Speaker 5: That you're keeping it shows they're not certain. Not paying a million dollars it shows they're not certain because it's a really big call for the club and that's why they're they're taking their time with it because if they spend too if they get him at the right price. It's fine because he's still unproven. The I mean it's still the next kid, definitely, and mich Woods isn't ready. He's a couple of years away. But you know, if they commit to sext and now and then a gun like a premiership or you know, and that's not a discredit section thing, because he could be a premiership half this year. We don't know that time will tell. He could win. He could they can win a comp and he's gone good enough to get the job done with them as well. He's gone really good. But it's a big call because they if they pay for Sexton and go all in, not all in, but enough to not let make a play at someone else, then they've locked in and they can't go for another seven that comes up on the market. So they've got to get this right.
Speaker 8: I get it for a Daly Cherry Evans, I don't get it for a young kid. I really don't get when you're on top of the table. I get it if he's struggling, but he seems to improved out of side. He was at the Titans and as he intended, Boyd now were in and out. But it looks like he's found a home and sitting on top of the table.
Speaker 5: I look like this. If they did get a Premiere seven, they could do what Pennis done like that. The team they've got there, but who was the premiergu There's not many around.
Speaker 3: Gus Butcherald I know, I know.
Speaker 7: And the fact that as much as they're not in right for d C and they've said they're not in for Galvin and I'm not suggesting they are right, but we all know they have had conversations about those two players. So the fact that they're even having those conversations just lets you know that it is definitely a consideration.
Speaker 5: And the fact they haven't re signed him.
Speaker 4: The story back of having the conversations like at ben Hunt last year, shows they're just I'm with you for the right price. And length as well is an important thing. If they could roll him out another twelve months, I think that would be ideal for Canny because two is where you.
Speaker 2: Go, okay, so you wouldn't split it for one. If for him, is there a huge market? Is there a huge market?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 7: His agents told the Bomber that there's at least a couple of other clubs in the mix as well. But in fairness to Sexton to your point from early Braith, I reckon he's actually been doing a really solid job offensively. His game has improved out of sight and if you look at when he first got off at the Bulldogs, he couldn't even make their starting solid. Well, they'll pick another player Drew Hutchison was being picked in front of him. He's fought his way into the team. He's been consistent the majority of the time. So I can understand it's a balancing and they've got him.
Speaker 5: Any player in the competition right now that deserves a two you deal, it's him.
Speaker 4: But it's amazing to think that it's when was the last time you know a half back of the site that's been undefered to open season and we're discussing what he's worth or should he stay at the club, And so it's a really awkward position.
Speaker 5: Real dominant spine.
Speaker 2: No it's not.
Speaker 8: It's not a premiership winning spine that the young kids walked into and he's jumped on their coat tat.
Speaker 3: Not by any stretch.
Speaker 5: No, Okay, Jamal Foggetty quickly is a deal done with mely?
Speaker 4: Mainly it will happen. They meet tomorrow bomb had this one as well. This one will definitely happen. He'll be at the Seagulls three busy, three year deal though that's the length is interesting, around about six fifty seven hundred thousand dollar mark Canberra. We're willing to give him one year at a second year with some triggers, but you know they're going to let him go with their blessing considering he's going to pick up a three year deal.
Speaker 3: He'll be taking that for sure by the surday tomorrow, are they?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Okay, that surprises me because I spoke to Rickie Stuart before the show and I thought him and Jamal were pretty close. He said he hadn't heard anything from Jamal at this point, so from Soris.
Speaker 8: And so that he's you were supposed to meet with Ricky but he got the flu, so Ricky said, look let's just hold it off. And then Ricky after the game we won him at the club but I think the.
Speaker 7: Match said he had the flu and then they saw him bouncing around. Did he like he just backed the winner at Ogle Farm at the football on the Sunday?
Speaker 5: All right, yeah, right, we'll keeping eye. Covid is a bugger Journo is your key playing match up thanks to Ozzie Broadband. Who are they for this week?
Speaker 3: I love them? What Max King is doing at the Bulldogs. He doesn't get a lot of wraps.
Speaker 7: He's unsung, he's unfashionable, but he's playing so direct at the moment and I love him coming up against the big gun Bronco's forward pack and specifically paying hass.
Speaker 4: Battle of the ones for Mine Melbourne v south Sen and Latron Mitchell back at full back against Ryan Papenhausen who's had a good good year so far.
Speaker 5: Thank you. Hoop's very professional, right mate, and Mick love you Jacket. I think you got Donnie covered up. Next, The Legends are an end Zac Day on Fox League will be something special. All three games live and I break three during playing. We've coverage from three pm on Channel five days