Speaker 1: I mean Matthew a pretty special guest we've got on today. No word we have we we don't get many. I'd say handsy journos on but if we were no, I said it right, it's that handsy, but this one is the handsiest Brent Red.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it's fantastic to be never thought that invited.
Speaker 1: Come, but have you been sitting by the phone, because has been buzz has been on the family one.
Speaker 3: That's right, talking about hands all a trish we had.
Speaker 2: We had Webby great many now living in barrel Robertson.
Speaker 1: Mate, be nice.
Speaker 2: Often brings me from your sauna, mate with the fireplace raging.
Speaker 3: Yes, all I've heard about that. I've heard about that sauna spada spat more like a lax.
Speaker 1: I was just observing you before. The phone just always off? Is that the life of a journal Just the blow is constantly.
Speaker 2: Going sometimes yeah, some days it is. Yeah. Today it's a busy day because on three sixty to night, so trying to get stories for the show and stand stuff up. So yeah, the phone rings a bit, Yeah, because loves it?
Speaker 1: Does she love it? And it's insane? Is it like work hours? So from nine to five people are on the ringing in there or you're getting calls at nine pm?
Speaker 2: Yeah, sometimes, Yeah, it depends what you say about the roosters, because nik Polotas rings you from anywhere in the world at any air of the night. Really. Oh yeah, I loves ith.
Speaker 3: What about like really, I talk to Webby last year, last year Andrew Webster, and yeah, he Webby told me that he said when he went on through sixty, he said, literally like the first time he returned for ages and you've got what it was like as far as what happens when good night and he said the finish and the moment he went off here, literally the phone, the txts and the phone calls just started. They flooded in.
Speaker 2: It's amazing that people who watched that show, right, it's the power that's shown and Buzz are spoken about it. You know, Buzz obviously had a Sunday column for two years, right, but when he went on three sixty, he become a bit of a cult figure, right. And that's what it's like. I mean, everyone's got because everything you say on there becomes you know, it then gets put on Instagram, put on social media, and they make stories out of it, and it becomes. You know, I was talking to Peter Bidell earlier. Actually Bomber was on Tuesday Night. We know Bomber, he's a lunatic, right, and he ripped in the rolls in Paramatta and he sent me and he made that, he made it the silly mistake of going on Twitter or x today, right, and Paramatta fans have just been giving it to him. And I said, mate, don't go on. You've got to stay off Twitter, Like, don't go on Twitter is the worst thing to go on after you've said something like that on a Showload three sixty because you just get hammerecked.
Speaker 3: Because it's like walking into the worst pub and wondering why your king hit. You know, you just stay out of it because you know who what's they're waiting for you? They talking about Bomber on Twitter. I know why he gets hooked. I remember we're in Paris and so boys in Paris. I saw Bomber the first day and you said, Matt, you know, he Maddy, what are you doing? And I said, me and James Magis we're doing swimming. And he goes, oh right, he goes, I'm doing the boxing. He said, takes a little while for the boxing to sort of heat up a little bit. And with the first day he was there, basically everyone had left and it was just he was about the only journal left. And it was the last fight and it was the Italian female box at the women's boxing against the Algerian transfighter. Oh yes, and that and he was only one there. And he went back he had the photo and posted it with the photo and ran the story. I remember being in the car with him and he goes, Maddie, this is the hotels, Maddie, it's had twenty million views. Twenty million, Maddie, it's nearly the population of Australia. May I kid you know. Ten minutes later, Maddie is thirty five made. By the time we got back to the hotel, had it hit eighty million.
Speaker 1: I remember the story. The story was huge at the time. But he was he the one that broke that story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was his baby there because as mad said, Maddie said, he was only boke who hung around at that time. And I think I might be right here, I might be wrong. I think Fairfax had gone on or nine had gone on strike. Remember they went on strike. So Shamas was supposed to cover the boxing. But I don't think he went because I think they were on strike at the time.
Speaker 3: He had Webby went all the way over there because remember we had a bit of drink the first day, we're having a beer and they went, well, it's official. Webby said, where we're on strike? He said, I'll just go to Paris for a few days. I go in England for few days.
Speaker 1: Was the strike? Was that the whole of nine pretty well?
Speaker 2: Was that?
Speaker 1: Was that about?
Speaker 2: I think it was everyone there it was.
Speaker 1: And so they were over there they could just stay on doing holidays.
Speaker 3: But there was a bit of but there's a bit of bad blood as well, because what had happened, like it's one thing about when we were over there, we're all in the same hotel basically, well at least in the same area, and what it calls caused a fair bit of consternation. You can understand the written journals like Sydney Herald journals, they were they were putting a really dangerous rough area of Paris, way out of town. But Carl and some of those were staying literally on the shoves sake, and it was like there was which you could under sension. It was was a bit.
Speaker 4: That's awfully French for a bit of a revolution.
Speaker 2: What feed them cake?
Speaker 1: Was there obviously a lot of you guys over there work within Fox Sports and what not. Was there a bit of like a bonding night of sorts over there, like what sort.
Speaker 2: Of no we hung We had dinner with Crawls a few times and we're still Crawley a few times. And we obviously did the show with Maddie and James. We did the night the nightly show you guys were doing. So it was a bit of crossover were we were all in a good place.
Speaker 3: We're talking about we went to dinner with Crawls and we're dining with Crawls all night, and that was not We were sitting there in the bomb was there? The bomber was like he was, Yes, were swimming in the adulation of like May one hundred one hundred million. That's like, you know, it's bigger than Germany. Anyway, he goes to me, I said, Bomber, like, what lengths do you go sometimes to a story? I said, you know, certain ways? He goes, yeah, right, anyway, this is one of the best stories I've heard. So a bloke could come went to Bomber and he could you do a story on me. I've made Queensland state of Origin coffins that if people want to get buried in the state of Origin coffins, and Bomba went, oh, yeah, okay, and he said, mate, he seemed like a really good bloke, Maddie, and so I thought, right, but I need an angle. So Bomber went to Wally and said to Wally, mate, well, he just just a bit of a question Lewis made. If something happens and that you die tomorrow, what song would you like to sort of go out to you?
Speaker 2: Reckon anyway?
Speaker 3: I don't know, a strange one. I don't know. Maybe Frank Sinatra's my way. The next day, back page of the paper, King plans mighty funeral and had the coffin next to it and then underneath the bioline. But he's going nowhere just yet.
Speaker 2: He's the best. I mean like he's the best since with Buzz out of the equation, he's the best. He's rabid about. He's obsessed with yarns. Most of us, most of us love a good yarn. Bomber is obsessed with them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I really enjoy his company, a great really enjoys it.
Speaker 2: Know he runs marathon. You know he's the fittest blake. We read a marathon the other day in two forty eight or something.
Speaker 1: What's a marathon forty five?
Speaker 3: Remember he broke into members, he ran the marathon, the Olympic Marathon. He actually like snuck under and read it.
Speaker 2: He flashed his media accreditation.
Speaker 3: He just jumped.
Speaker 1: Was he just wearing like a suit and tie?
Speaker 3: Just waved wait there it is and then joined it and ran the Olympic.
Speaker 2: Marathon with a machine.
Speaker 3: What an animal.
Speaker 1: When you talk about stories and the links people go to get stories, I was I often think this about you know when you read some stories in the in the paper, Like do some journals write a story with the intent knowing that it might not be even right, but like the intent is to just rage bait people like you know what I mean by that, Like just the intent to almost to get their eye balls on it because they know it's going to piece everyone else.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think you write it knowing it's not right. You might write an opinion piece that you don't necessarily but not one hundred convent percent convinced by right, But you might write it knowing it's going to cause debate, right, But you wouldn't write something knowingly wrong. What you would write is something you know that you know is going to create debate. You might be one hundred percent convinced by, but you know it's going to cause a storm or cause a debate or create traction. That's why you were.
Speaker 1: Doing more like you know, like on radio where you'll hear a topic come up and one of one of the hosts wls say well, I'll take this side, yes, and that, like, well you do that. They might not necessarily believe the opinion that they're actually giving, but they know they need to take one of the sides because like it's going to get the most traction.
Speaker 2: Well, I think you'd be Look, you might be one hundred percent convinced, boil, and I don't think you debate something you completely disagree with, Yeah, but something that you're on the fence with, maybe even more to take the side of the c's the most debating.
Speaker 1: We all do that Bomba strikes me. I love it. On three sixty on Tuesday when he asked Patty Carrion and he said, Pardycadeger and oh, you know a lot of the you know, with P and G in Perth and everyone coming in. You know, I'd love to know what you're gonna do with your next contract, Like you've got another year, what are you going to do. It'd be silly if you're not to look at like a different club to with your value as a captain and a leader. And he just goes, yeah, by my, I'd really love it if you stopped asking me about clearly he's just been a Broncos train.
Speaker 2: Just ask him his agent.
Speaker 3: But I remember when we brought him the Goldcast Titans, like I rang Bomber straight away and said the bomba, can we catch up? I want you to tell me, in your opinion from the media side of things, what's the matter with the club? And he was more than happy to.
Speaker 2: You know, well, the club didn't have great media relations obviously through the Desira. You know, Deser obviously been we all know what is log is a great, great character in the game, but not a great does didn't have great media relations outside probably Bulldog right. So on the Gold Coast in particular, he'd circled the wagons, he locked them out, and media sessions trained changed times on a whim. So it was really difficult. Travy mains the Gold coaster board. It was really difficult for Travy in that situation.
Speaker 3: To Traviy yesterday. And that's it. Like, you know, I think sometimes one thing I discovered a little bit with the Titans at times, and people that say I made this both does like us because you wrote this story, and you go, yeah, but you've got to consider sometimes if the story is true, you know what I mean, taking that on board, and you can't always want glorious front page articles, you know. And you know, at the end of the day, sometimes my think within reasons, as long as you're writing about you. Yeah, you know, that's the.
Speaker 2: Thing matter I reckon. The worst thing you can have us for no one to care. Yeah right, I mean, you know, the Broncos wins at the moment about the coverage they're getting, in the coverage matches getting. But you know what, they're a massive club. People care about them. You look at we see everything now, we see how many clicks every story gets. The Broncos get so many eyeballs. There's such a big club that when things are going great, it's a blown out of proportion. When things are going bad, it's blown out of proportion. The worst thing to beers in the middle where no one really cares well.
Speaker 1: It only increase the value of the club exactly. Like It's like players, you know, even when people start investing in players, you know, relationships like I look at Nathan and Mary foul like when people start investing in people off field as well like that, but that was a brand. That was a brand like it increases their personality and their value so much.
Speaker 3: Back on the point you made before, one of the things that really does my head in is that players who retire go into the media and then wing you about the media. And you get a lot of that people and even if they might be podcasters whatever, they wing about the media you but hang on, guys, just just take a step back here. Are you not in the media or are you just pretending to me in the media, because you know, I write articles in that so you know, and I've always written marin articles that don't have under go because I want to be known. It's been able to be a journalists, been able to write and it just it just does my head in. And particularly when people get there and they go, oh, they don't trust the mainstream media, and so Okay, so don't trust the mainstream media. So you're trusting some fucking idiot on Twitter because that what you're supposed to do.
Speaker 2: But the other thing is a lot of the time those guys are reacting to stories that are in the media. They're talking about stories that are in the media. I mean, podcasts don't generally break the news. The media breaks the news. They react to the news, actly right, So they need us, That's the bit. I think a lot of them lose sight of without us guys making the calls and putting the time and having our phone on at nine ten o'clock at night and receipt and answering those phone calls, what are they talking about? Yeah, you know in many of those cases, So you know, I think they forget that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Really, we're going to sort of talk about this later, but we're cooking along here now. I imagine how much since you first come into journalism, how much the landscape has changed. It's just mind blowing the electronic media and how it's changing, but also really how the media has become in a lot of ways homogenized. Like an example I use is like the best example as far as written media is news and Fairfax, Like you'red a situation where you and Danny are on podcasts together, or it could be Danny and Adam Pangelli now their rival Sunday columns. Like twenty years ago, if you just told me that Danny and Buzz were doing together, there is no way in the world that would happen.
Speaker 2: No, you have to separate them. Yeah, yeah, I mean, like I try to avoid that because I don't necessarily think it's a great look for me. Like I know Buzz didn't look towards the end, and Buzz didn't go on the podcast with Danny, and I don't. I don't necessarily think I don't like doing it either. I've said the triple. I'm prefer not to do that just because I just I'm a bit like you, Maddie. I just don't think. I like Danny is a good fellow, right, I get on with Danny, but it's just I think it's a great look for us to be on there with him. I prefer not to do it, right, So.
Speaker 3: It's yeah, it's a funny one ready, like you know as far like I worked for years before with you know, with you know and other avenues and work with and you know, there are people in that organization be bluing with somebody, and they naturally then assume they want you to take on their battles. You know what I mean. You can't like him because of that, you know. And you know, occasionally Denny writes things about me. But one thing I always maintain, which I'll never forget. Everyone talks about pick and stick, right, and but very few follow it. People tell you I pick and stick all the time, and I listen to some people and they fucking don't you know. One thing I'll say about Danny in a really difficult part of my life, he was best about the only bloke who's in my corner. And you can write, you know, he's written things about me that I haven't necessary like, but I haven't forgotten that, and I think sometimes you've got to have that balance, like and again, if I go back to playing days, you know, or when you're dealing with players, it's amazing. And I've had calls though this already where you can write someth you know, you say something really flattering about a player, and then all of a sudden, about the eighth time you write about and you have a criticism about their ball playing or something, and I know it gets the reaction. They'll ring and go mate fucking.
Speaker 2: That's one of the great frustrations about the journey, right, you can write one hundred positive stories about a club or a player, but they remember the one negative one. The club and the player focus on the one negative one that drives you insane.
Speaker 1: It's probably the only one they properly read. Like people. That's like people going through their comments and they only see the hate ones. But like even player, even and I've been a player, so I know it, like I know that same feeling of when it's like you see a negative story in there, someone criticizes playing a bad game, and I played a few of them read out.
Speaker 3: I don't think you ever received any criticism, but.
Speaker 1: It's probably not until you come out of it. And then like even the boy, some of my mates now who play, or they'll be like, oh, you know, blodody this this fellow said this about me. What you know, what's he got to like? What right has he got to say that about me?
Speaker 3: And this?
Speaker 1: And that I'd rather I'd rather be constructive criticism. But then like some players take it well, some players take the constructive side well, but even some they just don't like to hear any negative about themselves, you know what I mean, even if it is constructive in a way, it's like, you know, I think it needs to be doing this better. Some some people just hate negative feedback.
Speaker 3: Coaches are the worst. I wrote one which I thought was totally fair on a coach and a bit of ten years ago anyway, raining and I'm just saying something, dude, and he goes, he goes fuck it. I went, oh, yeah, is this and he goes so and so, and I oh, yeah, what's going on. I may read your article. You're fucking you full of shit? I said, okay, I said, just tell me what you didn't think was right now. It wasn't an article about being Saturay. It was an article about how they were playing. And he's fucking that. And I said, listen, mate, look, I said, do yourself a favor. Go back and read the fucking article again. There's six hundred words of free advice and fuck off.
Speaker 2: What a similar thing with Trent Robinson I was. I wouldn't say I was close to the robover and I had a great relationship with Robbo for a long time, to the point where when he'd done ten years at the Rousters. We wrote a story me and was meek or Dave carrounsel Da Vigue did a two part series on Robbo and how he was the greatest coach the Rusters. The Roosters had celebrating his ten years the Rooster's right and at that point, I can't remember when it was during the year, I was doing my Saturday column and I had a line in it where it was when the lodge stuff was going on and things weren't the Roosters weren't going great, and I'd had a line in it where I said, basically, there's rumors some players are off each other and some players were off the coach. And Robbo saw that and took that as I was saying, he'd lost the dressing room and my relationship with him after a decade of basically sharing praise on the guy completely brushed. I sent him a text. I tried to ring him. I sent him a text message and look to me like that, I look back at that now and I don't I don't. Look. I probably shouldn't have written the story, right. I acknowledge that, and I said it to Robi. I said mate, I probably shouldn't done it, right, But I look back at now, I think for teen years I was like we were we were great, and I was glowing in my praise of him, and in one moment you got rid of that. You kicked that out of the door and thought it's And I look back down and I think, well, clearly he didn't think enough for me to even take a phone call afterwards to respond to a text message. And it just sort of it made me think, well.
Speaker 1: Is that hard? Like because I think a lot of people look at some of the like journ I know, Dad, you told about people Dell, it's like he could go up and like someone to have a go at him, and it's like water for ducks back doesn't bother him. Does that? Like, are you a bit different in that sense where it's sort of hurts you?
Speaker 2: Well, you can hear me talking about it or didn't like it? Right? I just it really it disappointed me, right because I thought we were we had a good relationship, and then because of one thing I've written, and then I heard some things he'd said about me to some other journos and I thought, well, it just showed that you didn't really respect or appreciate the relationship. The Sabbath, I knowledge I was in the wrong, right, I shouldn't have written that right, And I look back and as I said, I tried to read him. I texted him and said, mate, I shouldn't have written that right, But he didn't like And I've spoken to him since. We've had sort of briefest conversations since. But it's like the relationship will never be the same. And I'm a bit different to most people, Like my dad always told me. My dad alway said to me, never carry grudge, right, I have a different view. I reckon, you need one gradue in life, Yeah, just one, So you've got one. And my grudge is a woman who tried to get me sacked. I don't know her name. If I saw her again, I wouldn't know what she looked like. But it's the one grudu I carry because she tried to get me sacked twenty five years ago when I first started work. Right, I don't know, and I don't know who she is, but she's just a grudge I carried, which you've got to carry one, But I moved. I like to tend to move on from things, really like I don't. I think life's too short to carry stuff like that. Like so when blokes have a go at me, you know, it doesn't worry, right, I'd sort of get over it quickly, right. So, But that that's one that sort of stuck with me. I was really disappointed in that because I had a great relationship with Robaron.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I have really no hesitation saying I think a lot of coaches basically lose sight. I think that they at times, I've seen them lose sight because they have got command of their own kingdom there and their players, and what they say is go and they can't control everything, you know. And what I've seen sometimes with coaches the reason I don't do sort of work with clubs and that much anymore. I've worked with coaches. I've had coaches reach out to me and asked me for a favor and said, mate, can you do this? And I've either gone to their training done something for nothing, or they've had they've sent their players over to me and I've done it. But guess what, Sometimes the head make can we get interviews that no, they can't do it, And I've gone, well, you know what, fuck you now? It's just that for me, that's an example of you know, there's real they have certain rules and they like to hold uphold certain things. Then they've got rules for other people. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a funny game rugby league, right. I mean, you guys have been a longer than me, right, And it's just like, you know, I just feel like we're all a bit at times. Journalis, there's not many guys in the in the game now that I who are involved in the game that I go one hundred percent trust that guy. Yeah, you're right, you know, even even the closest people, Ladie in this game, right, and you've just got to sift out the lives and the truth. It's just I don't know, maybe I'm a bit cynical, right, I've been doing it for twenty five years. You a bit cynical after a while. I'm close to the I'm close to the end of the beginning. So I sort of think now it's a bit like water for duck ducks back to me now, because I'm I'm you know, I'm.
Speaker 1: At the end.
Speaker 2: I'm nearing the end of my my time and sort of a view that it's why I say stuff Now that's a bit occasional, a bit ridiculous, because I think it does matter anyway. I mean, really, you know what I mean. It could be a bit, but you could be a bit bright. Like when you're thirty or thirty five, forty years on, you've got twenty years left in this game, You're still going to sort of be careful what you.
Speaker 1: Say, keep people happy.
Speaker 2: You've got twenty years left, and I've got five ten years in this game.
Speaker 3: Look, yeah, I was saying really sometimes and I could think, oh my god, something happened to go, oh god, not this again. Now when you get fifty five, and I'm sort of going, how much long ago I got left? And I said, you know what, fuck it, I'll just enjoy it. They keep paying you, just keep turning back. Eventually, Wait, eventually you'll turn up and your key won't work to get in.
Speaker 2: People will suddenly just Braik and Gordy and ass. And I said, I'm happy to be punching bout it as long as I'm paid punching.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you want, I don't care to ask question?
Speaker 4: Actually, could this might be a this might be an older question. So before all the Instagram and all the reels and stuff like that these days, and you get to justify yourself on shows. But I imagine back in the day when you're writing articles, did you get wrung for what you wrote in an art or mainly for the headline, like did you ever bring you? They never actually read the article, but they just read the headline and they went straight to.
Speaker 3: The first Well, I'll give read the example of that. Recently wrote one with Lorry and the headline didn't said that the story because I thought Rudy's Rudy's really on mere kuppa here, and I just gotten.
Speaker 2: So much ship from my mates about that.
Speaker 1: What was the headline?
Speaker 2: Well, the headline was so I think it called me Queen's a legend or something. I said I'm sorry, and the article deliberately didn't say I'm sorry to Lorry. I didn't never said I was sorry, Laurie. I actually got work. I rang work and said can change the head because that's that's not accurate. That didn't stop people giving it to me, right, So I remember dares run me once a long time ago, because Josh Morris is someone got charged with a chicken wing and I was I was only young then. It was very early in my career. And I tell a story on the paper and Des obviously read the story. He wrung me. He never he never print it's it's has here. Hey, I just want for the sake of your journalistic career. I just want to give us some advice on how you should write stories. And Des was on the phone of me for twenty minutes telling me how I should have written the story about. I think it was Josh Morris, kind of, he's one of the guys.
Speaker 1: Something Josh Morris do.
Speaker 2: But I remember when I was at Union. I was thinking about this on the way here because I thought you'd asked me about how the game had changed. So I went to Queen's and the US Technology in Brisbane, right and I actually named Lean Gernardo. That's how old I am. I remember. We're a lecture one day and Len's going, okay, guys, there's this thing called the internet. Okay, you need to get your head around this because one day newspapers will be gone and everything will be on the internet. I was sitting there going, you've got fifteen no idea, what are you talking about? And now I think the bloke was a genius. It was thirty years ago, mate, reading absolute genius. Now Len was thirty years ago, so I wander he was in around ridiculous?
Speaker 3: Is he right at the end? Maybe? But yeah, you're right. Really I was thinking one the other day. I was I remember year nine at school where you're going and you're making your electives and one was computer study and one was Asian studies and me even mates went, who the fuck? Why would you ever run a computer? Why would you want to go to Asia? That's going on the list to Lens Granado.
Speaker 4: So we've got we've got a list of like names that come up in stories. So underneath Lens Granado we've got Itchy hold them. We've got Uncle Coudy, Edwards, Cole Bradley, Donald Latiss, and someone named Sternie Jack.
Speaker 1: Can I just say this is this isn't even a part. This is just Jack's personal Those names have never been a part of the podcast.
Speaker 2: Another one for you. When I was before I became a journal I worked in the government for the because my dad was really high up in the public service. So before I became a journalist, I thought I wouldn't want to be my dad, right, So I did. I started doing an artist to read, got a job in the government, and I work with a woman whose name was Sandy Beach.
Speaker 1: On technology. Do you have ch do use AI to write story? But I found out you can talk to AI. Now have you figured that out? And it has a conversation back with you? Okay, listen to this. I was doing this in bed the other night.
Speaker 2: Right here we go in bed? What are interesting?
Speaker 1: You know what I was doing? I get it up the other day?
Speaker 2: You're another way that can be and you're working on how you got it up?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What you do with your left hand while you're masturbating if you reach below the scroadh.
Speaker 1: And this you can ask her to do stuff like hey, how you doing?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Pretty much.
Speaker 1: You can just talk naturally and I'll follow a lot.
Speaker 5: If you want something specific, just see it, like can you count to one hundred fast?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I'm with give me.
Speaker 1: I'm currently with Brent Reid and he wants you to out to one hundred in Chinese?
Speaker 3: All right, starting now?
Speaker 1: Ling? So are you joking, lil is that insane or the world's crazy man? Mate?
Speaker 3: Lee? What was his a?
Speaker 1: Lee Carnighan, the singer No, your universe, it's a singer.
Speaker 2: It's a cutch of Western Seas if he saw.
Speaker 1: What was going on in the world. Now he roll over in great sounded, wouldn't they, Oh, it's just amazing.
Speaker 2: I'd taken some share.
Speaker 3: I wanted to give to share advice where this one, lady, I kick yourself about this all the time, Me and my dear mate Brian Carney in twenty I reckon twenty fourteen would have been bought Time magazine right un we're sitting there having to flee through. I said, Brian, have a look at this. There was a story about the dark Web. Now, this American guy living in Australia had unlocked the code for the American military and was dealing this stuff, dealing in a thing called Silk Road. He was doing selling arms and stuff and and because of that he couldn't they couldn't, you know, exchange with proper money because it would be found. So that this thing called bitcoin and there was crypto and we looked at it and they said, mate, this is what's going at the moment. Once once came out at point three of cent. At this point it's worth thirty three cents. And we both went, oh, no, we've missed the boat.
Speaker 1: Well, Kyle Sandland's manager Bruno Bouchet, who worked on the radio with on the List. Bruno he he actually had so he had bitcoin long before anyone when it was that like twenty or like ten dollars. Maybe it's not like what eighty thousand dollars Now. He was buying things in a whole bit, like he go and pay for meals and like furniture in bitcoin. So he said, man, if I had it, just held on to it, I would have been literally like a one hundred like multimillionaire. And he's because he spent like multiple bitcoins just on drinks and stuff.
Speaker 3: Fletch went to a party once. Flet's got a call and said, they said, if we pay a significant amount of cash cash in hand, would you come to this party. He goes, oh yeah, what is it? They said, it's just a party and mate's going to celebrate. And where is it They said it's way out in the back of ips, which way. Okay, How am I going to get.
Speaker 2: My stomping ground Battle of the Year and just a contender?
Speaker 3: Anyway? Said okay. So Fletch gets off playing this with this bloke picks him up in this made Lamborghini and he's going. He turns up at this place and these it's made. Everything's laid on anyway. This bloke's a real knock about like a flat chair ye. And he goes, oh, mate, how do you make your money? And goes mate, I'm worth almost a billion dollars. He goes how he said, mane, I know, I just brought a heap of that bitcoin when I first came out, and this bloke, now I was driving, he had like multiple Lamborghinis and stuff like that. The questionable people at the party.
Speaker 2: On the opposite of that, I bought bitcoin of its peak and I'm now now I've got half water investor shelling it.
Speaker 1: So I was brilliant, but there was now forgive me. I don't remember the rappers, but when I was in Melbourne a few of us went to this guy's house party. Someone invited us Crypto like multimillionaire billionaire walked in mate, just like car like luxury cars everywhere. You walked through a room that was completely snow like he'd imported snow and a snow machine, and it was like, what's going I walked in and then it might have been t Pain or some rapper they'd flown it in and he was just I don't think it was P Diddy. I don't think it was P Diddy, But he was just in there singing, like living in a different world than.
Speaker 2: We saw Tea Paine in Las Vegas at the After the Vegas when he played the played the concert at the end of.
Speaker 1: Conco at that little nightclub in the resorts world. You a t pain man.
Speaker 2: I really had never heard of him a lot.
Speaker 1: What about Tim Payne soccer player, cricketer cricketer?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: Tim Payne is the New Zealand soccer player who Yeah, up the molt. He turned from the least followers in the World Cup to the most.
Speaker 3: Another one, Sandy Beach. I had an old coach whose name was was let me think it was Graham Paine and he married this woman whose name was Shan and so she becomes Champagne. Yeah what about people love? That's true. You know some of the great buzz stories about buzzers feuds is over the years you said, the right bot one have you ever had like he had some not what's not feuds, but big runnings with I didn't.
Speaker 2: Talk to Chok what mom for a long time. Actually MARKL. Chandler's broke the ice here. Because I Chalk used to do press conferences, I'd walk away. I just wouldn't be involved in the right. I can't remember what he fell out about because he used to live down the road from me. Chock a freshy used to live like up the road for me. Sorry so occa. You just see him walk from the harboard Hilton up to his apartment. But we had a blue about something. I can't even rember what it was about. So whenever he do a press conference, I just walk away. And the wonder when he was a paramot. One day Chamis has gone. There was a press conference on and everyone was talking to him. Chattas gone, come on read he come over and I said, no, no, it's all good, you do it, and went, no, come on coming in that a big one with Willy once Will he will He went to rugby and I had written I was I was at the odds and I was writing a column and I wrote something about him, saying, will He's been tackling like rugby union player for years now. Anyway, Will he was in WILLI he was playing for the Barbarians. He was in Hong Kong, or somewhere. Anyway, it was when the Origin team was getting picked around the same time, and Willie must have seen this story. I don't know how he saw it. It's maybe someone sent it to him. Anyway, he bombards me on Twitter. Brent Reid's breath tells smells like ship he cleans, there's there's there's two years ship for toothplayers to clean his teeth. And then we're in our Origin and I think it was James Phillips. Someone's going to look at will It was just a barre. Okay, now, okay said, but I don't.
Speaker 3: It's one thing about rugby leagues of people after a period of time, pick up, move on.
Speaker 1: Well, there's so much that happens, like you're getting sprayed from every direction. So eventually everything just happened. Well, have you made it with Jake Javovich?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jake and Spencer Spencer game you serving on the sidelines last year? Yeah, Spencer did. Yeah. Yeah, I don't spoken to him, but you know, Spencer has got a few screezelos old Spence, but Jakie's we're good value now he's good.
Speaker 1: That was my favorite because I was right there because we just do there Yeah, we were just doing that promo with the golfer. Paige Spirinak was another name Page spir and A and h. Yeah, we're doing the promo and you're walking in and you're trying to get a quote about just it was. It was a story something about maybe Tom or something at the time, and he was just he wasn't having.
Speaker 3: I'm not talking today reading. I told him not talk.
Speaker 1: Come on, it's a promo day reading. It's not an interview, it's a promo.
Speaker 2: Spirit So she's turned up with that because I went to the Masters that year, which I'm wearing now right, one of the great events went to. But Paige Spirriinak that year, she'd come out to Australia and she was hosting a Master's party at augusta right. So so Braith came over the breath and asked. So I said, okay, I'll organized this. We'll go to this party, right because we thought paid spiring would be awesome. So anyway, I organized through her agent. When we got over there, I emailed the agent. So our page just promised us because when I saw hers, I will come to your party. She said, let my agent, I'll organize them for you. So I wrote page spiring ax aviters to the party. We got these free tickets. We turned up. Honestly, there would have been about six people past paid spirin Ac.
Speaker 1: There was like a.
Speaker 2: Red carpet she was. We didn't got in the red carpet. She was greeting people on the red carpet and then they went into a back room, so we didn't even see her. Yeah, so Braith was wasn't overly impressed. He was filthy.
Speaker 1: He took his clothes sticks off.
Speaker 2: The Masters was unbelievable, one of the like the greatest thing, because I mean, I love golf. I'm not I'm not a massive golf but I love golf. I always watched the Masters, and you know, I play a little bit as well. Not great, but I played a little bit. But going there, that place is just such a unique place. It's just it's everything you imagine, is like heaven on earth. So that was a great week. And I love Olympics, like I went to I covered Sydney when I first moved to Sydney. That was my first year of journalists in Sydney. And then I went to a rio which was so good, Like I was lucky, right, I covered beach volleyball, so I stayed.
Speaker 3: So I stayed again.
Speaker 2: So I stayed like two blocks back from Copa Cabana beach, so that the media I'm center was miles it was it miles way inland and I was two blocks back from Copa Cabana. So that was like I loved, I love the Olympics. So I covered Usain Baldwin and likes you won.
Speaker 3: That's appreciation for journalism, like for you blokes. Because to go over for me, that was the most stressful part just about I've had with working is that to go into something that you don't know inside out and have to get right you know, and you know and plus make like people when I said, were going over and I don't worry there it's gonna be oh yeah, what do you But like you don't finish every night, you're working about twelve thirty to one o'clock, you're first thing in the morning. It's made.
Speaker 2: It's relentless.
Speaker 3: It was a grind, but that grain.
Speaker 2: That was a great trip. Like we were in they did. We were staying in such a good part of the city. It were surrounded by restaurants and bars and great the place were standing was amazing and obviously, as I said, I just love Olympic games. I reckon, they're in our job, that's the thing you want to do. Well.
Speaker 1: There's next level money in it, like you talk about the Masters and the Olympics, and we just had the fee for World Cup like that, the money that is in that. In comparison to the look like rugby.
Speaker 3: League some of the sites there coops like went with the swimming, like rasting ninety two, which is the big rugby side. They haven't in the stadium will They moved the start the rugby field out and put the pool in the pool and they them like the French sceneing the nash the French national anthem when they won gold medalses really like you've been to the States for different things. I mean UFC's on part that one we went to there was patriotism, but I've really seen patriotism like the French Yah at that Olympics off.
Speaker 2: Your man in the pool is his name? The French guy? One of those girls?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Can I go back to rugby league for a second. I've always in terms of journalism when it gets the state of origin, because obviously podcasters people in the media, you go with your respective states, like everyone in the media for New so Wales, you know, you sort of covering you so you're a Queenslander. Is that kind of the way. The journalists go the same way as well, like you write stories about your respective states.
Speaker 2: It's hard for me because I've worked for News of the newspaper, I worked for the Telegraph. It's been really hard. I find Origin very difficult because I mean, I'm a Queensland It. I grew up like while he was my hero growing up right, and like I played soccer, but my dad was a league and I grew up watching the League. Like I loved Rugby League. I love the King, I love like Origin was just to cry when we lost storage in the early years. Still doing it. It's hard because I'm writing for a Sydney paper and I don't Yeah, yeah, it's just different. I find it difficult at times. And this one's been hard because I've been very critical of Lorry and his coaching in the series, and you know, I don't like I wouldn't say I'm close to Laurie, but I've had a good relationship with over the years, and it's again it's been sort of fractured by my coverage and then said Wales team. But I always thinking, you know, like Origin is different, It's different everything because it's everything's amplified ten times in Origin. Right, you can have a coaches under pressure. Shane Flanningers was under pressure for twelve thirteen weeks this year, but it was it was a slow burn, right, Yep. With Origin, you're under pressure from day one and it is intense, right, And Laurie Laurie's record wasn't great, so the so as a Queensland the blow torches on you. Yeah, right, that's the way. That's the way Origin has been since the very start, right, So I don't know why suddenly people have gone, oh, Paul Laurie got treated us. That's Origin, man, When you sign up, that's the job you signed.
Speaker 3: Up for general And I tell you what really, What's what's really interesting I've noticed in the last couple of years is that people used to pick a team, like whether it be when people in the media and whether it's a journalism or a podcast or you know, experts, you pick you know, like I'm in New South Wales and I'm going to New South Wales and all of a sudden and someone goes one the Queens. I'm going Queensland, and if Queensland win the series, they give it to you, they give you all the square ups. Yeah. Now I'm finding it's just extending further. It's extending into not just New South Wales and Queensland, but opinion. So people saying you know, some people saying you know Nathan and move's still got something to improve. Other people saying he's got nothing to prove. People go there hasn't that much approved, but he has to do in Origin. Well, he's got something to proved to himself. And then how it plays out is almost bragging rights who basically hit the prediction, if that makes sense. And it's all those things, Laurie, there was Billy. Now it's what I will say.
Speaker 1: We talked about like media being just just a part of the like it is without media in the game, like what it does to create the drama through the week, particularly it's stut of origin, like you know obviously fuck I love New So Wales and to see after the build up, like you said, the pressure from day one that the coaches are under to then see like New So Wale's win at the end like it makes the spectacle of it so much more like it was. It was almost the drama through the week of a state of from game one to game three, I'd get I'd three days out of the stat of Origin, Like I haven't felt that in a long time, where I'm so keen for the game to come around because of just the drama that had been built a.
Speaker 2: Lot of the times. Now you've got it, We've got to manufacture that the news because players don't say a lot now, right, you know, even it's not a lot of the days when Gale got paid ten grand to call queens and his two heads and stuff like he remember that course disgrace from right, But players don't. They're naturally reserved now. So you've got a like Origin is always better when there's like I always think, if you can get a storyline going in the lead up to Origin and just keep it going, keep it going, and keep her going, it makes our life easy but also creates a storyline around the game. And Laurie became the storyline, right, And Nathan's always the storyline because man, he's such a good player. He's like I find him, I find him fascinating. Nathan Cleary, like, he is such a he's such a good player. We spoke earlier about his relationship with Mary, that they play out and they're happy to I find it amazing they happy to play it out in social media and share it with us. But he strikes me as such a nice bloke. It's such a humble guy, and I find that I just find him fascinating. I wish I was close to him's one guy on the game. I don't. I don't particularly have a I'm not particularly close to him because when his dad left the Tigers, I was quite heavy on him, and you know, my relationship with with the Ivan was never great. Right, So he's one guy, Nathan's one guy. I wish I was really knew him better because he's I'll find him an amazing guy. You know.
Speaker 3: It's really it's interesting, Rudy, you said that I'd bet the makeup of his personality, the makeup of his personality there's really underestimated and hasn't ather light shone upon. It is his mom's side of the family, the Stewarts, which is Josh Stewart, and you know, like how all the sisters were married to Jason Deith and so and so forth. They're really made really hardcore, regular family, outstanding family like Nathan's. Nathan's mum, Beck is just one of the best pop you'd ever meet. Mate. She's really she's really tough. And I look at that and I can see he's got his dad's temperament, but he's got a bit of his mum's killer on that side of it. Like it's like, like not enough gets said about that Stuart's side of the family. But we've had him here in viewing him to what he is ready, he's just like all champions. He's very self aware. He's acutely aware of what makes him good, what he has to do, the disciplines he has to have in his game to achieve what he does, all those things. He's really mastered himself. Like as I said, like all champions.
Speaker 2: He seems like that. He appears that way to me. I see a guy is, as I said, really grounded, very humble, very comfortable his own skin, right, I mean that's the way he appears to me. People of his Tommy, he's been introverted. And I actually went to the Kangaroo Tour three years ago and he was on that tour, and you can see he's like you can see on that tour he's he is a bit of an introverted guy, right, So.
Speaker 3: I could see that in a new in a new environment when you when you went away on tours back in the day. Ready, there's a mismash of people you don't really know that well, and there's outrageous characters. There's people you don't know.
Speaker 2: What he was on tour with Cameron Munster. There is a little bit.
Speaker 1: He's very he's very He's not your typical half back or half you know, the half back when you when you come through juniors that the loows in the teest so they go, we'll put you as your half back. He's not that. He's they would have put it. He's got all the skills, but he doesn't have that real extroverted personality which half backs do.
Speaker 2: Which the game makes what he does even more amazing.
Speaker 3: Right. I mean it's all around, mate, it's all the killer and everything.
Speaker 2: That's the thing about origin, right, Like guy was one of the guys going he needs to own origin, right, because I didn't think he had and you know I heard Gassay on no one's own origin. Please. I mean while Lewis Norrige. He won eight min in the Match awards. Cameron Smith, in my opinion on knowledge, right, Joey owned Origin?
Speaker 3: Slater right, Yeah, yeah, right.
Speaker 1: I don't know about Joey, but like so, I.
Speaker 2: Was different view. I think he had to at some point own Origin, right, And that's a game where everything gets skewed and distorted. Right. I never said he wasn't a great player, or wasn't the best player in the game, or wasn't it wasn't you know, an elite football right. But people go, you know, he doesn't need to own Origin. He's your son, He's not a great player. That's rubbish. No one ever said that.
Speaker 3: I said, I said going into the game, I said, you go and tell Nathan Cleary that he's got nothing to prove in Origin and made Hill tell you different. I said, because people like Nathan Cleary they believe they've always got something to prove. And I have no doubt going into this series Nathan in his head would have been saying to himself, I want to dominate Origin at the same way I have dominated club football, and that's every player's goal and and this year he did that.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what the best.
Speaker 1: The best players have that the best players have like you go and ask Nathan, now, have you dominated club Land? Probably in his own head, he still says no, because he still wants to win another Like you've seen what he's doing for Penrith now, like it's that's still a half back that is as desperate as ever to win another.
Speaker 3: Entry when he stayed here. Really, this is interesting. So we had until Trish decided to tear this place apart because we're in a building like you the tools, by.
Speaker 2: The way, you're out there helping out or Dad.
Speaker 1: Have a look at those hands. Hasn't there no callouses, mate?
Speaker 3: Or all the gifts between the years exactly. But we walked out there till Trus saw the place apart, which, by the way, was going to be a coat of paint here in the nail on the wall. So now she's tall the places inside out, and we had a bookcase and walked out and having a look at it, and I said, Nathan, you read this book, and it was the Tiger Woods Book, and I have basically no interest in golf. Really, it's one of the most intriguing books I've ever read read about someone mastering themselves and not accepting ninety nine point nine percent, willing to break everything apart to everything down to find that extra point one percent. And I said, no, we're having to talk about it and he said, I said that's what the book was about. He said, can I have it? And in my mind I thought no. I thought it, Well, that's okay.
Speaker 2: But I saw a Tiger play. Actually this is a great trip, I went on. I got this email one day and it was from the promoters of Tiger's Golf tournament, the Hero whatever it's called, the Hero word challenge, I think now and he used to hold in Orlando, right, So I thought, bugger, I'll ride back to them. So right back to them, and they said it the five journals in Australia. I rode back and said, oh, yeah, it works. Was when I was at the Australia I said, work, said I'm free to go if you guys cover the course. They rode back to me and said, you know, worries, we'll cover it. So when Iver the target, I was only journo responded to him when over the Tiger's Golf tournham and covered it. Was when he had the yips. Remember, he couldn't Chip. Yeah, mate, that was amazing, Like watching Tiger with the year he couldn't chip.
Speaker 1: Did you hang out with him like sort of in his off field stuff? Didn't get right. One more Nathan thing before we move on, just because you just triggered my memory with that talking about game three that camp, because I they had a ninety six reunion and Joey and Laurie and all that. They had a big that ninety sixteen one in on the Monday night of camp, and I had dinner with Joey the night after his hungouts hungovers like I've never seen him so hungover. Anyway, he was talking, I said, who is on your table? And I think he was sitting next to Mitch Moses and Chief was next to Nathan, and he said, oh, it was you know, it was really weird, like you know, like only his experiences from Origin and bonding nights. He said, Nathan wasn't really drinking like all a lot of the other boys are drinking. And every time I'd sort of drop into Chief and Nathan's conversation, they were just talking about like leadership and like mentality going into a big games. And I remember thinking I was like in a Joey's head. He'd be going, oh, what are they doing that? Like, what are they wasting time on that? For like have a good time. But I was thinking, fire out. That's a boat that like really wants to lock in for this game.
Speaker 3: Three chiefs. Very respected kind of guy. He's very very, very very spiritual chief, but was very acutely aware of how he should play. Like he'd say to me sometimes, Chimpy, take your shirt on, Chimpy, there's nothing more terrifying than going into a game not having enough focus. But there is something as terrifying having too much focus, being too far within yourself. Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: No, let's go off other alert athletes because you were in a lead athlete yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So you played at Brisbane, So I played.
Speaker 2: I played State League up there for about seven years. I played for Cole Stars, which is a side Hipswy's in Teringa and Cole Stars had we had a Brisbane that were called Brisbane United then it was a precursor to the Brisbane Strikers. And they played a trial game, pre season trial game, and I was like, I think it was twenty one at the time, and I had just had a great game. So on this one day, I had this great game and they had no money. They were broke, right, they were going broke. So they signed me to an apprentice, a prenise. Dear. I was getting thirty bucks petrol money a week, so this said nineteen ninety two, thirty bucks petrol money a week. I got fifty loss seven I think it was seventy one hundred and fifty a draw, three hundred to win. And I played a season announced and the Sella played five games. Scored a goal. I'll never forget the goal. It was the second last game of the year, was at home. We planned Preston Macedonia at Perry Park, the old Perry Park. But we were such a bad team. My mum and dad went to all my games, right, They loved They love follow my parents, God bless him. I love them. They went to all my games, came and watched every one of them. We were so bad they didn't even go to my last. No cameras are there to capture the moment because by the covering us we were ship ship And I scored a goal and I remember dropping back to halfway and I literally pinched myself because it was like my dream right. Yeah. I literally pinched myself to go this, this can't be real. I pinched myself.
Speaker 3: What about those days like really with the old NFL where it was long religious or ethnic lines, you know, like to say you had like the Melbourne Nights to Croatian South Melon.
Speaker 2: I played at South Melbourne at the old Albert Park and they had a gun dare like friends were a TV Portra and BOLDI we got spanked five one or something. Didn't went he was at he was at Melbourne. Yeah, I'd missed him by a year, sadly playing as Kevin Musk at that day Kens he was about eighteen and just abuse everyone all game. Kevin Musk give us a lunatic. But I remember walking off at half time and the crazy the fans. They were just given to us over the fence.
Speaker 1: And what position were you?
Speaker 2: Center? Midfield? Midfield? I was a bit like I always say, it was a bit like Roy Keane without without the ability. I was a bit I had that I was.
Speaker 3: That was a bit journalism.
Speaker 2: A lot used to sledge well.
Speaker 1: I saw what you said to Ja Rovich.
Speaker 3: I was obviously the other day. I love the football. I was on a plane the other day with a guy and would have a bit of a chatter chat and his name was Matteo and you know and you believe, yeah, when he gets made, I played Racy Milan. He said I was an apprentice.
Speaker 1: And well, to round off, I got a we do a little thing on he called an auction draft every now and then. I've ever heard what that is.
Speaker 2: The auction draft I do all the time NFL.
Speaker 1: So okay, so basically you're not going to know who's coming next. I'm going to give you this. The theme is all time soccer World Cup players, So all time soccer, all time soccer.
Speaker 3: Both doing this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you and REDI are in. So I'll say bid, So you guys both have twenty five dollars each. Right, I'll say a player, you bid on who you want it or it's only it's four to a team. So it's two strikers and two midfielders, and the people are going to vote who's got the better soccer team.
Speaker 4: Okay, and for context, this time, it's fake money, So.
Speaker 1: Dad won't bid more than two dollars because it's you got twenty five dollars, And I'll keep track of your funds for you all right. The first player Earling Harland.
Speaker 2: A dollar.
Speaker 3: Oh you don't want I'll go three dollars.
Speaker 1: You want him to and you canna let him have.
Speaker 2: Him all time?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all times, so you don't know who's coming next him for three bucks? Three bucks, okay, Dad, you can have him twenty two dollars remain. Next player, Linel Messi.
Speaker 2: Ten.
Speaker 3: I'll let.
Speaker 1: So tight, okay, Ronaldo of the Brazilian kind.
Speaker 3: Ten.
Speaker 2: He's very good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he's a gun.
Speaker 2: And oh I can't go.
Speaker 1: You have fifteen dollars left?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, he can have I have ten?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, okay.
Speaker 1: The next player, pell O five.
Speaker 3: Your recond.
Speaker 1: You guys are way off. So you get your summer.
Speaker 3: You start at ten. I'll I'll go, I'll go, I'll get I'll get a game plan in mine.
Speaker 1: Don't worry, you've got a game okay, Reader, you've got ten dollars left. Dad, you've got twelve dollars left. And there's four more places. Okay, Jude Bellingham.
Speaker 2: There's only four players, so you guys both got there's only eight players altogether. Yeah, okay, I'll got two dollars. You can have dude, okay, ude, But it's one will cop come on.
Speaker 5: Hey Jude the Beatles song He Let Them Down. David Beckham, I love bes Man. Can I tell you a story about quick sor okay? So please for love Wally Lewis and David Beckham.
Speaker 3: Right yeah, so I grew up.
Speaker 2: I love David Beckham. So what about my wife? I was a Manchester United fan, but it was when he kicked so I was supporting him when he kicked the boot ned Fergie in the head.
Speaker 3: And got rid of him, right yep.
Speaker 2: So I said that's it. I'll never support Arsenal again, Man United again. I jumped off. I went to holiday in New Zealand for my wife and my Matees always give me a stick about this because you shouldn't change teams teams, but because he got rid of Beckham, I said, I can't support man United more. I was watching the TV one night with my wife in New Zealand watching a game. It was Arsenal v Southampton. Arsenal played the best football I've ever seen, and I've been an Arsenal sport ever since. That's my story.
Speaker 3: So all that a young bird.
Speaker 2: Robert Perere, Roberto Perez.
Speaker 3: Have you read the story of Arsvega his life. What happened that was the most remarkable heart full of heartbreak and stuff like that. Absolutely some stuff he grew up like right on a German border and things happened to his dad in World War two and that to bring it down.
Speaker 2: To Beckham story, I loved Becks, So I'm going to bid seven dollars for Becks.
Speaker 1: He's got him, you can have him. Okay. So you've got three dollars remaining?
Speaker 2: How players got left?
Speaker 1: You've only got one spot left in your team? Yeah, you have ten dollars left, dad, and there's two players remaining. Xenidad Zadan.
Speaker 3: What a play seven dollars? Okay?
Speaker 1: So that that rounds out your team?
Speaker 2: You can't he's done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, you've got because you've got Dude Bellingham Brazilian Ronaldo.
Speaker 3: Because I was waiting for one bloke. I thought I had more money.
Speaker 1: So this means the last person goes to you. Ready, you've got Brent Reid. I was waiting for Maridona. I knew, I knew you were waiting.
Speaker 3: Why am I going to win that?
Speaker 2: Mate?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: They don't thank you so much?
Speaker 3: Mate?
Speaker 1: Fine, Well I know you've got to You've got to get off the three sixty and I'm always looking at the time for you.
Speaker 3: RE appreciate coming over mate, that's right. Pleasure enjoy working with your ring. Nice