Speaker 1: Welcome to person number one podcast. You're listening to The Jamo and Dylan Show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're on the way that Dance Bra Little Man trip with before. Gooday, guys, and welcome back to another episode of The Jammo and Dylan Show. It's been a while since you've heard our voice. A couple of weeks, very very long time away from our voice. But we're here, we're back. We hope you enjoy this episode. We've got plenty to talk about. We've got the wash up from our trip down south, and then we've got to come down from the trip, which has just been the last few days. I'll delve into it in a little while, but you know, it was a great trip and it's been hard to adjust back to normal life post trip. We've got a few other questions, and we also put the call out on Instagram for your best or favorite holiday stories, whether they're yours or a friends. You know, it's a travel time coming up for a lot of people around the world, you know, whether they're traveling to Europe for summer from from down here.
Speaker 3: A lot of people going.
Speaker 2: Or doing the opposite, you know, coming down here for winter. Yeah, which I don't think many people do.
Speaker 3: It's still a summer in a way.
Speaker 2: Really, yeah, it definitely is. I mean, what yesterday here was a third.
Speaker 3: Casual, A casual, today's a casual. Twenty five feels like fifteen, Oh it does.
Speaker 2: But if you guys haven't noticed, we have been popping some a's at the end of our words. So, like I just said, third, yeah, that's just something that we've been doing lately.
Speaker 3: It really started from the punter. Yeah, we love a little.
Speaker 2: Punting, a little bit on the pony, little gamble here and there, but responsibly punter. We love chucking a couple of a's at the end. Oh yeah, punter, So yeah, third are potter.
Speaker 3: Potter's good.
Speaker 2: We love dropping a padario. But that's a bit different. That's a bit of like a different vibe. Yeah. Yeah. And we've also got a big, big beer pong tournament with ten of the boys on the weekend.
Speaker 3: Probably nine probably shows up my partner, but.
Speaker 2: We'll delve into that soon as well. So the long awaited trip down south.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what a great weekend.
Speaker 2: It was a decade in the making, yep. So give a little backstory to when we first you know, found out about this and why we haven't been well.
Speaker 3: Why we haven't been I don't know. Rog's been singy. Maybe he didn't value us as friends. But you know we've known Rog for go around ten years as friends. Yeah, I would say that. Yeah, it takes us back to around the year nine and Rog has a house down south now it's his nun's house. They've bought it there as a holiday home slash rental. And it's a beautiful house in Dunsbra, lovely near the beach, high ceiling, hi ceilings, it's a very nice beach house. It's exactly what you think. And look, other people have been there before us.
Speaker 2: Which hurts, it really hurts.
Speaker 3: And we've just been waiting in the wings and we've brought it up many times a year, every summer, every winter. We've never got the call up and finally we get the much awaited invite to the house and Zach long weekend. Rog's down there on prack.
Speaker 2: But that's the reason it came along, because he's it's.
Speaker 3: Selfish actually, because he's lonely.
Speaker 2: He's lonely. I'm down there for five weeks doing my physioprac Sorry, I'm down there for five weeks doing my phizzy prack and I'm going to need someone, they may say.
Speaker 3: But even he missed us, he said, he realized that what it was the best time he's going to have.
Speaker 2: Their, probably of his whole life. So he's got the Blues, He's got a big blue, the Blues, the Blues, then Baby Blues. But no, he yeah, had a big come down. Even on the Sunday. He was a bit down. Yep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was rough on the Sunday, weren't we all. I developed a flu or something. Bro For the first few I don't know what. I was running down, popping quadrels yep.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so it was five of us. Rog was down there, obviously, yourself and KLi and myself and Grace went down. You got there what around one thirty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, on Friday. Yeah, so that was nice. See Rog watched a bit of the footy just.
Speaker 2: The three of you to start.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Rocks fine in any situation. Yeah, Yeah, he's good to have around anyone. So yeah, it was chill, no Probs.
Speaker 2: And Grace and I rocked up around four and then the band were together, all five of us, and then we formulated a plan for the evening. Yes, obviously our two teams played against each other. We talk about it too much for your sake.
Speaker 3: But it wasn't wasn't a good night.
Speaker 2: We watched the first quarter at the Rog Residents and then we were out and about. Then we were out and about we went to Bungalow.
Speaker 3: Bungalow was decent.
Speaker 2: Bungalow has a good vice has another name at the end of it, but our neighborhood Social or something like that. So it's like genuinely like a bungalow that you'd see in a movie. But it's very large and also is a bar, so that was great. We went there, had a little feed, had a few drinks and the first night was just a calming you know, a few drinks, just chill out, soak in the atmosphere and get prepared for the next day. The next day we'd planned a wine tour. What a great wine to her was and in hindsight Rog said that his cousin potentially wanted to come.
Speaker 3: We never told us, never told us. Still the day of that would have evened out.
Speaker 2: The group as well. For three boys, three.
Speaker 3: Two extra seats in the car.
Speaker 2: We did and Rog thought that there was none. Yep, so yeah, we bless you. Oh no second normally the drops a two bomb.
Speaker 3: Two four or three. Yeah, yeah, that's all right anyway.
Speaker 2: So we booked a driver, lovely lady.
Speaker 3: Shout out, mister picked me up. Shout out Vicky.
Speaker 2: Vicky was she was unright, she was unreal. She really was great energy, an English woman company slash business with her husband and they run the show down there. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Man, they were elit on the.
Speaker 2: Ball, almost too much on the ball.
Speaker 3: She was that good yep, giving us some taking photos, walking us in, making sure we're getting the right seat.
Speaker 2: She was taking the photos from another planet away, like she was going thirty meters back to make sure everything's in the shot.
Speaker 3: One thing that was good about down South throughout the day, we'll go into it, but we were betting on the horses and we had positive feedback. Vicky loved it, and then one of the Argentinian girls at the wine tasting thought it was She goes, I love what you guys are doing. Yeah, and I thinking like this is I love the support of one of my favorite sports.
Speaker 2: Because a lot of the time it's negative all.
Speaker 3: These winy fucking shut up honestly, bro.
Speaker 2: Anyway, so we were enjoying that, along with spending time with the girls, and along with spending time as a big group, it was great a medium sized group. Yeah yeah, but we went to four different wine bars, so who want no wine bars? Winery yep, yep. The first one swings and roundabout. It's very popular down. I love the sheer size of it, the grass area. You've got kids running around, families everywhere. Good service, good service. Yep.
Speaker 3: They're not stingy with the wine tastings, which I like.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, And basically all of us were winning races here and there. But we we love the jockeys, we love the sport. We've really grown into it and we know a lot more so that was a lot more weight in our hearts for it. Oh, we're really starting to understand the sport now. Yeah, and we might be unbeatable soon. And it was the richest day in wa racing, a five million dollar race, but we won't bore you with that. Really. The wine tour was great, but it all came down to the final winery. We went to.
Speaker 3: Perhaps Winery, a kind of a really pretty spot but also some weird energy there.
Speaker 2: Weird energy, weird energy there, a bit colty. When we walked in, it was like, okay, I understand it, like you get to pick your own wine to get thirty minutes to basically drink as much as you want. Yep, within reason. But we went there and the big race, the Quaker right rot a bit of context. Rock had already won money throughout the day, so he's let's say four, ye, he's up a fair bit. So he took a little bit out of his account and said, I'll keep that for myself.
Speaker 3: That's a good day, which was a smart choice.
Speaker 2: But then he loaded up on Lucy Fiori Generosity for a Place, and Lucy Fury's our favorite jockey for those who don't know, she's a late twenties female jockey here in Perth and she is just having a.
Speaker 3: Great seas underrated and overlooked.
Speaker 2: No one gave this horse a chance, but we didn't really think it was going to win.
Speaker 3: But we thought it was a chance for a place, a sneak.
Speaker 2: In the place, as she would say, a very sneaky place, because it was overlooked and underappreciated, like you're saying. And we've watched it live and we've watched it on TV, so we were very excited for what it could do.
Speaker 3: And it came home, came home. Do you know what, if we had have looked had a specific stat to do with overpass that we realized yesterday, I would have been even more confident place from Lucy honestly.
Speaker 2: So she basically she came third, which was an incredible achievement. That Donkey Rog popped a fair bit of money on it, and he went home with one point one k that bed. I think it was fifteen hundred total, y yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: I think he turned it into eleven hundred that one fifty and.
Speaker 2: Then he was quite generous with the money and paid for drinks, paid for dinners. He was very nice with that money and shared it and spread the love, spread the joy. And that was a big night for us because we got back at around four point thirty. We went to the tavern. YEP, we had a few more drinks. The girls didn't like their wines, so we polished.
Speaker 3: Energy there energy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it's a tab evan tab energy tab Yeah, sorry, getting mixed up between the two. Yeah, So it was interesting energy, but we still liked it. It wasn't like the greatest energy you ever have. That's just normal. And then we went back. We went to coal so the girls went and did some shopping for a big barbecue that night, so cooked up on the barbecue you would lead barbecue us yew was that night. And then we were just there behind, you know, keeping your company, getting the table sorded, just being like secondhand.
Speaker 3: Men, and you know we were eating. We were really just fueling up.
Speaker 2: We're fueling up to continue. Ye. Now, for those who've been down to Dunsbro, which is where we were staying, night life is not what it's known for. No, we knew this, but we wanted to test the waters, see what's out there. And we went back to Bungalow and it.
Speaker 3: Was just kind of boring but you could it's fine, but it wasn't anything.
Speaker 2: It's safe to say it was very boring. But it's a nice spot to go and a here and a couple of drinks, you know, decent pub vibes. But yeah, we were like, we need to get out of here because we're on a high right now because Rob's won heaves of money and this is our main night of the trip. So we went to Harbar Harbor where I've got a place, this pirate bar in a shopping mall yep, next to a Dominoes. You would not expect there to be a bar in this shopping center now at all.
Speaker 3: It's the weirdest location of a bar ever.
Speaker 2: You look at Dominoes and you think, I don't really want to walk over there. It's a bit weird. Vibes next door, yeah, pirate themed, shipwrecked, small and packed, very small, like what do you reckon two of this room? Oh yeah, if even you just can't see this room. But it's like, yeah, it wasn't a big room, very small, but music like music wasn't great, but music's pumping.
Speaker 3: DJ thought he was on.
Speaker 2: He thought he was on a bit too much, I think because the dance floor wasn't that it wasn't going off. But that was probably the most party atmosphere you could find in town that night.
Speaker 3: Yes, no doubt about that.
Speaker 2: We also went for a walk after that, so we will shout out that place har bar if you want to go check it out. And bumped into a couple of blokes who wanted to know where the spot was, but we don't know where the spot was. They're living there, they are living there, so they should have known better. And then we went to a place that wasn't even open. No, what was it called got campground or some shit, Yeah, something like that. Anyway, so we went there and online it said they were open. Rog was persistent. By this stage, we're all very drunk.
Speaker 3: It's probably around ten thirty eleven.
Speaker 2: It's safe to say Rog scamp it over there. H He scamped over there and we could hear music. So you and the girls hung back just because you were like, it's not open. I didn't believe it was open, and I was just going to a company rogh. Rog basically storms in the joint. Every light is off, he can just hear a little bit of music.
Speaker 3: Technically open Google on Google it. I guess no one was there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so then you shut up shop early. We get it. Yeah, I say to Rog, mate. All the seats are flipped up on top of the table. Night's done, mate, He's got no let's go home. He goes no. He walks in there, right, you open? Yeah, he goes you open. He goes nah, like we're really closed.
Speaker 3: It's a weird way to put it.
Speaker 2: Rog kind of like shrugs, you know. He does that shrug, a little shrug, and then he walked back. He wanted to find he did hop and pet trolley. I forgot about that, but yeah, anyway, we headed back and finished up the night at home yep, in bed by midnight. Yeah, but it was just a mammoth day because we started at ten am.
Speaker 3: It was a marathon.
Speaker 2: We actually started drinking at nine am, but nine till twelve. Well, it was pretty much like a twelve hour shift we put in. Yeah, which was a great effort and a great day that we'll remember for a long time. Sunday was your birthday. Yep.
Speaker 3: We went for a breakfast, little walk, watched a bit of footing on when we got back.
Speaker 2: It was nice.
Speaker 3: It was a chill, chill morning.
Speaker 2: Then you headed back and Carlie headed home around midday and then in the afternoon Geelong we're playing. So that was a crazy loss from them, Yeah, losing to the Blues. It was not happy. He wasn't happy, but he was actually really confident in the whole game that they were just and then when they lost, was he like, oh yeah, but he was he wasn't too concerned. Like he said, they played bad, but you know, these successful team supporters, they just rolling in pigs.
Speaker 3: Mud, which I've had a few bad losses this year, and Rog just doesn't care. It's interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it doesn't matter for him because he's already had success. He knows they'll be there in the finals.
Speaker 3: It'd be nice if they just sort of dropped out of finals this year. Yeah, maybe they will.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I can see them dropping out of the eight, but they be.
Speaker 3: It's just weird at the moment, the comps so close.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it'll be pretty close for the rest of the year.
Speaker 3: I think so, because you don't really know what version of teams you're going to get either. There's lots of teams who like different versions.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: One week look at league.
Speaker 2: Every team's lotched, so like every team's beatable and if you're off, you're one.
Speaker 3: Look at the moment, like no one looks unbeatable.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Obviously Colinwood are in form so the lines, but they could still lose.
Speaker 2: Could So that pretty much wraps up our trip. On the Sunday nights, we whipped open the barbecue again lovely and we did like homemade burgers yep, So that was good fun. Rog and I we co managed the barbecue yep, and it turned out very well. Grace was saying that the burgers looked like AI burgers. They were that like out of a photo, you know what I mean. Yeah, yeah, yeah they looked taste wise, they weren't like incredible that they weren't bad. Yeah, but they were yeah like a seven out of team. You're happy with it, but it wasn't like the best thing you away, Nah, but we thought we were the sickest, like on the barbecue bro whipping it up, so you thought like this is going to fucking hit. Yeah. Then like we've we put the cheese onto melt over the top, like everything was looking good and it still tastes like all right, but it just I think the actual the meats and the way that we I don't know, it was good without being accepted. We thought it would be exceptional. But yeah, so we did that. Had that what Then Rog actually had to do his prack.
Speaker 3: The next morning, so he went to bed early.
Speaker 2: We woke up early for like sunrise, helped Grace with some photos at the beach, and then we went for like a walk, went back packed up left and on the way back home. You know, I remember ages ago on the podcast I was talking about when I got Apple car Play for my car. Yes, so my Mazda twenty seventeen does not come with car Play. It comes with the entertainment unit, but it's Mazda settings and stuff. So you have to go to Mazda to get it installed. Yes, you do, because they have the right software and stuff to make it work. That happened just over two years ago. I think it was December twenty twenty two.
Speaker 3: When you got it installed. Yeah, are you happy about it too?
Speaker 2: I remember I was very happy because now I've got maps on my screen that actually work because their system stinks, like just the regular MASA system sucks so bad. You know, Spotify is there. If a message comes up, I know what it is straight away. Like it's just a good system to have, and it makes my driving experience forty to fifty percent better. No, it really improves it anyway. So I love it. And then I started having issues with it, and what I didn't do was take it back. I tried to fix it myself. Buy different cords. I thought the chords might be the problem. Yep, yep. So I buy different charging cords, try those, and sometimes the charging cords might work better than the other one, And then you just believe that it was the cord. So this goes on and on, and it just starts to get worse and worse and worse, to the point where I call up ASDA and I say to them, hey, look, this is my problem. Do you know any fixes or should I bring it in? He was trying to push me away from bringing it in. It might be a hassle for him. They might not.
Speaker 3: He's trying to give every other solution.
Speaker 2: Have you tried reset it? So updating is something that I can't do? They were telling me, okay, so that's something they can only do. So I looked it up and apparently flaw. It is a flaw because yeah, and also when I bought it, so it was about five hundred and something dollars. Right, you actually can't. Sorry, they don't tell you that there's going to be future software updates that cost money or anything. Oh, they just you just buy it and you think it's done outright, like it's gone anyway. And I thought that if I was to update it, I should be able to do it myself, should just be.
Speaker 3: To pay for these updates.
Speaker 2: Well, so I came to discover, Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's a scam, isn't it.
Speaker 2: So the guy basically tells me, all right, reset you think I reset it? Nothing worked, So then I book it in. It was on the drive back from down South. It was so infuriating. Grace tried to play a song she likes. He cut out about seven times in the one song.
Speaker 3: So you're on edge, you're boiling over.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm freaking out. Like I'm to the point where it's annoyed me so much like when I'm on the way to work and I lose directions and it might be really like a lot of traffic, and then I'm like, well, I'm just going to sit in the traffic and not have a different route. Yeah, anyway, I've had all these issues and then I'm like, fuck it, let's just book it in. So I book it in for the day after So Monday this week, so get out the way. Yeah, sorry, Tuesday this week because we came back on the Monday and everything was fine and dandy this week until then. So take it in on the Monday. On the Tuesday, so in the morning, and I stressed to them that I was working in the afternoon, and they said they booked me in for a morning session.
Speaker 3: Awesome, this is the beginning of the end.
Speaker 2: Then I rock up, and then I explained the problem. The lady goes, that'll be one hundred and ten dollars. So instantly I'm not rude at all, Like I'm pretty good in these situations with still being nice even though I'm frustrated, and I'm just like, oh, like, can you just check how much warranty I had on that? And for some reason on that day she didn't check. It was just more so like, oh, yeah, I think it's out of warranty if you got it over two years ago.
Speaker 3: So they're not even checking.
Speaker 2: She's just assuming, just assuming, yeah, like I didn't do a proper check. And then so I'm a bit frustrated because that's one hundred and ten dollars I didn't want to spend. And at the end of the day, the fault seems to be on them. I haven't done anything to disrupt or disturb it, and it's had problems since the start. Really they just they started off being sporadic, like it might not work once week. Then as time's gone on, it's not working forty times a day. She says, okay, well you can come pick it up at four pm. I'm thinking, well, that's not going to work. I need to leave for work at like twelve. You said it was a morning session or so the guy on the phone said it was a morning session. And then she was like, nah, no chance it will be done for them because it was booked in like this, So I'm thinking no chance.
Speaker 3: So he's lied to you.
Speaker 2: The bloke on the phone was just incompetent the whole time.
Speaker 3: He hates you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he hates me, wants me to die. Then I book it in for the next day because I'm like, well, I need to go to work today, whatever, can you book me in for a morning session tomorrow please? Yep? Still being nice, she goes, yeah, sure, and yeah, we can pretty much guarantee that it will be done before twelve. Okay, next day rolls around.
Speaker 3: This is Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and let's quickly go back to Tuesday. I needed someone to pick me up because it takes a few hours to do this update. So Dad went and took me down and then nothing happened. So so you just drove back in the car or did you leave the car? And now I drove back in the car and then Dad drove back too, and he was like, well, I've come to pick you up and now I'm not even picking you up. I've just driven twenty minutes there, twenty minutes back for nothing.
Speaker 3: You owe me, and now was rate mate, Yeah, so send me a thirty five.
Speaker 2: So I'm on edge because I know he's not happy. I know that I'm not happy, and it's just frustrating day. Come back the next day in the morning, same time, just before nine o'clock in the morning, and I drop it off and she says, all right, well, i'll see you at twelve and I'll call you if there's any problems. Whenever they say that it's a mechanic thing. Yeah, but there's usually not many problems anyway. I get a call when I'm at the gym with Grace because I'm trying to pass time and because I'm frustrated and I'm so tense. Get me to the gym so I can get a bit out and just whatever. Got my AirPods in. Get a call from a number I don't know. It's the lady from Masdaen, which is fine. Hello, Yeah, we think it's the software update. The technicians going to do it now, but you're going to have to pay extra money. It's going to be two hundred dollars now because it's going to go thirty minutes over time. That's fuck in my head. I'm like, well, how is that my fucking problem? And it's already booked in. From what I've heard, the update is sticking a USB in and pressing update. I don't know if they even checked if it was working or not anyway, so I'm fuming, but I'm just like, you know what, just get it done, get it over with. I don't want to fight with them all day because where's it like. I'm going to save a bit of money but still be angry and not even get to go to work anyway. Get there for because so she said it would be an extra half an hour. So now we're looking at a twelve thirty finish. I started work at one, so it's very very cutting too. It's way too tight. It gets to twelve fifteen, I rock up. Grace is left because she's pretty confident that everything's going to be fine. I'm sitting there with a duffel bag filled with all my stuff to take back home that night, looking like an idiot in the Master dealership, looking like a homeless guy. Yep. And then I waddle over to the bar, to the bar, the checkout thing where the girl is. I said, can I get an update? She goes, yeah, the technicians just looking at it. You know, it should be done soon. I'm thinking, what the fuck soon? Like he's doing his final checks to make sure it's working. Anyway. I sit there for like another forty minutes or something. Bro crazy, You're just thinking, Okay, then I have to pay two hundred dollars. Then when I get back and sit in my car, it works, and I'm thinking, all right, it was worth it. In the it was worth it. The relief that came over me was awful, awesome. Yeah, yeah, it was just brilliant. And I'm thinking, all right, we're back, we're cooking now. I'm fine. I paid the money. It was it is what it is, like. I have my little battle with the person there, but it's fine. Yesterday Thursday, turn the car on, Turn the car on. Pop on my phone, favorite song, thirty seconds in disconnect. There is an issue connecting with Mazda and Apple Car Play whatever. So I'm thinking, okay, maybe it's just a one off thing. It happened about six times yesterday, so we're back to square one. I'm still angry. I'm still frustrated. Charge you again. I'm not going to let them charge me again.
Speaker 3: Have you booked in yet?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, no.
Speaker 2: But basically since coming back, Monday was alright, but it was a bit of a come down driving home, and especially with the system not working, it was just infuriating. Tuesday was a bad day. Wednesday was a bad day. Thursday was a.
Speaker 3: Bad That's a shocking day.
Speaker 2: Now we're at Friday and everything's been okay so far, but I've just got it in the back of my mind that the system's not working, and that's very frustrating.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, so just driving in silence, bro, you pop the radio and I guess.
Speaker 2: Well that the problem is. It works for five minutes and I think everything's fine and dandy, and then bang.
Speaker 3: And that's when it hits it.
Speaker 2: It's terrible. Yep. Anyway, when you think that things can't get any worse, wake up this morning about seven point thirty. Check my phone. I've got a text from Grace's mum. I stayed at Grace's last night. My car's parked out the front and she goes, hey, Jamo, your car boot was open this morning. So I went out and shut it for you. So I'm thinking, that's my mas to car boot.
Speaker 3: They fucked with the locking system.
Speaker 2: Now, Bro, why is my car boot open. I didn't go out there and grab anything. Her assumption was that, oh, he must have gone out and grabbed something at night and accidentally.
Speaker 3: Left it open.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got golf clubs. And just for anyone that wants to steal my golf clubs, they are worth nothing. They are one hundred and fifty for the entire set. So taken to Kashki murders, I'll say, mate, yeah, they'll say you're stupid.
Speaker 3: They'll give you a gold coin.
Speaker 2: And I've lost half of them at the golf course too, leaving them in bunkers and stuff. I'm just an idiot. Anyway, they're in the my back They're in the boot of my car, and I've got a lot of trash, and now I use my boot as like a storage unit, not for rubbish, just for like sporting goods, basically like Jim Kidd in the backseat. Bro. Anyway, So I go out there as soon as I wake up, like five minutes after I wake up, and like delirious, and I walk out to the car and I know that I don't have anything of like significant worth in there, so I felt pretty comfortable. But I did leave my ID and bank card in there. I think, here we go. So firstly I checked the app as soon as I woke up. No money has been taken out. Firstly I checked the boot. I'm thinking, all right, I didn't have anything in there. No, that's fine. Close it. Open the rest of my car and it was unlocked. How my car unlocked. It's got automatic locking system. When I walk away from the car.
Speaker 3: They've messed up with this locking.
Speaker 2: They've probably got a spare button or something, yea. And then check the rest of the car, and I was all paranoid and stuff. And because I I thought that everything was there, but I couldn't see a footie. First at first I thought it my yellow footy, which is my pride and joy. I've had that for about ten years and still kicking. It's really good, proper like waffle burly. And then I couldn't see that, but it was there the whole time, but I was paranoid. Then I thought that I'd lost a little red footye that were kicking down south. But that's actually in my room. So it seems like my car's been broken into and nothing was stolen. Second time it's happened on that street.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's weird that it keeps happening.
Speaker 2: And that car whenever conveniently, when I go up to it without a key, it's always locked. Like if I forget my keys and I opened the door.
Speaker 3: When other people are snooping around.
Speaker 2: I reckon they've got like a spare key or yeah, that works with it.
Speaker 3: Like maybe these people are MASDA just don't like you, bro, and they're like fuck it, like we're going to fuck.
Speaker 2: With this bloke. So annoying man. Anyway, it's been a bad week for me. I hope you guys are having a good one, but yeah, fingers crossed the next week goes a bit better. But I am very grateful for the weekend we had. It was a very very good time. I was beer pong tournament. Today is Friday that we're recording. Saturday is the tournament. We have ten people competing, five teams of two and the spinny wheel. We use it in our group a lot. We use it to decide a lot of things. There was so much excitement around the night that we decided to do it early so that we can work out you know, walkout song, we can work out team strategy all that stuff. Have you had much team strategy with your teammate.
Speaker 3: Well, he's not active in the chat, is he?
Speaker 2: So yes, and I don't think he applied to my message from six months ago.
Speaker 3: I'm on my ones. I'm expecting to just have to play a solo tournament to be honest, or maybe get Glenn involved like Evans Dad or whatever.
Speaker 2: So we've got a double elimination tournament at Evans House, which is where these events always happen. Apart from the darts one, but that's fine. The beer pong one is very exciting. We did the spinning wheel. My name was actually first. It's funny when that happens because I do the wheel, so it looks like I've rigged it, but you can't rig the wheel anyway. So my name went first. And then I had one of any one of nine people that were going to be on my team, and there was probably three or four that I didn't want it to be, and luckily I got one that was in that top six that I was happy with. I've got Andrew. Andrew's a solid player. We have good energy, good bands with each other, so I'm happy with that. We've picked walkout song as well this morning. Actually, yep, yep, it's quite like I didn't expect there to be a walkout thing, but Evan said he's going to get the smoke machine up and runs and we're going to walk down the stairs into that room.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that'll be elite excited for that. You drew Frank, who's the least active in the group and who doesn't show up to much.
Speaker 3: I've never played a game of beer pong with him before.
Speaker 2: Yes, a team mate, but it'll be interesting.
Speaker 3: I don't know what his skills like.
Speaker 2: If there was a betting market, he would have been at the longest odds to win the tournament. Do you bring those odds down by I.
Speaker 3: Can carry him, Yeah, I'm confident.
Speaker 2: You just need him to get through the games. I think that's the main and rock up.
Speaker 3: But in a way, if he's not there and I'm playing by myself, like I get two shots, yeah, like that's but it's also kind of boring just to be on my ones like it. It kind of takes away from the.
Speaker 2: Fact I think Evan did that in one of the tournaments we did, and I felt sorry for him.
Speaker 3: I didn't like Zach was on his own on New Year's Eve. I think too, it's not that fun when you're in a doubles.
Speaker 2: I don't even like playing against the solo. Yeah, because it's like weird energy. Yeah, hopefully Frank shows up. You need like three reserves, like emergencies in the footy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's rogs away, which is I was genuinely next weekend, I thought I was going to say, like, surely, I'll just bring Rog. He can just hang out with us in case Frank doesn't show to be my reserve.
Speaker 2: He was a reserve for the darts tournament. But Frank pulled out thirty minutes before the tournament. That was insanely That's what I think is going to happen. That'll be thirty minutes before. Yeah, it's an early start, four thirty, but it'll be good, very excited.
Speaker 3: Whattch Frank Crows lose, Frank pulls out, I'll just go home. Yeah, I'll get there at five. I'm a home at five thirty.
Speaker 2: Make the teams even at least, yeah, we're four teams. But yeah, double elimination tournament. That's going to be great fun. Very excited for that, and we'll give you a tournament. Yeah, and I'd say Dill Buckley and Jared Moore would probably be like in the top two favorite. Yeah, but Jared Moore has.
Speaker 3: A b your injury on the shooting hand, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it is pinky. It's one of these two fingers.
Speaker 3: That throws the balance off a little bit.
Speaker 2: A little bit, but his main fingers are there because he said he can play PlayStation, but his finger just sticks out. Yeah. Yeah, anyway, so that'll be good fun. We'll give you guys an update on that. A couple of quick things before we get into the main part. Gorilla question. So this has been everywhere the last couple of days. One gorilla verse one hundred men? Who are you taking?
Speaker 3: Depends on the hundred men? Yeah, Like, surely one hundred is a lot. Now Gorilla's got mad strengths, So the first few swings could take quite a lot out. But once you start crowding it, could they defeat it? Like you put in, is it just one hundred randoms? If it's like one hundred fighters, I think they can win.
Speaker 2: What if it's one hundred twenty to forty year old men, like, and they're just hand picked from.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think how you'd win start eye gouging. Maybe the gorillas get tired. I've never really seen them fight humans before. They've got crazy strength they have, I can see it.
Speaker 2: They have incredibly thick skin that you can't pierce. Yeah, yeah, yeah, and there's no weapons that we have. Their face is hard, so even trying to eye gouge, they'll probably just bite you. Yeah they can buy it, but yeah they could. Apparently they can throw things, so they can throw people.
Speaker 3: That makes sense, and like a gorilla, it just depends on the hunter. I think, like because some meta gorillas, how do you get do you know what I mean? There's seven foot men who are like they're not human? Yea, so maybe one hundred of them could suck it up.
Speaker 2: Kill a gorilla, Like, I don't know how to actually murder it when you don't have weapons. Yeah, it would just have to be one hundred hits to the head at a time. Yeah, you have to throw an hour, you have to. But I think it's just incredibly strong.
Speaker 3: Oh, have crazy strength.
Speaker 2: I'm still going gorilla. But then I've made this one up just before we started, and I don't know how we would kill them either. But four lions two hundred.
Speaker 3: Men, I feel like it's like two hundred men. Okay, what about I think lions have more like their skin and stuff, you can you can really get them. They don't have rock hard skin. I know they're fierce animals, but I do think you could overwhelm them with volume.
Speaker 2: A lion four lions, one hundred men. Now it's more even because lines.
Speaker 3: Are, but I don't know if they're necessarily capable where it's a gorilla can take on a few at once. I'm confident that. I don't know if a line really could, because say you sacrifice one or two the lines gnawing on them, you going behind. Imagine just laying in, bang bang, headkick like John Jones could head kick a lion and knock it out clean. I reckon for sure, bro, I think their heads way like fifty keys.
Speaker 2: I reckon.
Speaker 3: I reckon he could.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't think two hundred men beat four lines. Yeah, I really do.
Speaker 3: I'd actually i'd punt on that one hundred. It's close. I don't know, it's tough.
Speaker 2: Lines aren't like people say that tigers are more dangerous. Yeah, tigers are fast.
Speaker 3: Line's not going to be an easy, like an easy thing to beat. But I've seen, I swear I've seen lines get fucked up in nature shows like One v One bro. See, I've never seen really a gorilla do anything aggressive, but I've seen them at zoos like when and they are just an imposing figure. Yeah, Like they just they look just like they could snap at any moment and just destroy everyone.
Speaker 2: All right, So they're just way strongly, way strong, double strength and stuff. Yeah, I don't know. It's a tough one.
Speaker 3: It's really like I would really love to see it put to the test. Yeah, i'd pay one hundred dollars pay for you to watch that ship.
Speaker 2: Bro, the gorilla one Yeah, one hundred men? And yeah is it just a hundred athletic men? If it's one hundred, I take them, yeah maybe, like oh, but a hundred like bands, I don't think you can. I don't even know if you can break bones of the gorilla. It's that strong. So like I'm just trying to think the way that you kill them.
Speaker 3: I would assume you just attack the eyes and at least blind it. Yeah, rip them eyeballs out.
Speaker 2: I'm still want to take gorilla just I'll take Gorilla Tip of the week. I just wanted to do this quickly. This is just a little tip to people who might not have one, but just have a barber that knows how to cut hair, or like have a hairdresser if you're a girl that knows how to do your hair, barber or hairdresser. Because for many years, from like when I was born until like nineteen evenep, you saw how my hair got when I was like eighteen, Oh crazy, bro, it was getting like an afroep out like this because I didn't value a barber or anything because I was just seeing Indian blokes down the road. Excellent haircut ten dollars, yeah, because of cheap and it just gets it done. Come and Dad were like, that's all you need. And then I met Ubai who does my hair now he's been doing it for three years or something, and yeah, it's not incredible right now, I haven't seen him for a month. But the power of a hair haircut, the confidence you can feel after one, it's worth its weight in gold. It's actually worth the money. Like after a haircut, you feel good, look good, perform better. Everything's better. So if you are seeing just a shitty hair like you can actually change your whole look and confidence and vibe. And you even see a trim beauty and the geek and stuff like those guys get a new trim, a little beard up and they're good. So yeah, that's tip of the week. Tip of the week. Get a barber that knows what they're doing and stick to them if you like them, or just keep testing the waters until you find something you like. So that's my tip. Voice message. Can you get JB's up?
Speaker 3: Oh what a man he is.
Speaker 1: We hope you're enjoying the Jamo and Dylan Show. It's now time to have your stories heard and your questions answered to be featured on the potty message the boys at Jamo and Dylan on Instagram JB Time.
Speaker 2: Let's go quick question for the.
Speaker 4: Potty do you guys reckon? It's weird if you date someone with the same name as your sister or your mom. Not coming from experience, but I'm just curious what you guys think.
Speaker 3: Like, if they're the perfect girl but.
Speaker 4: They have the same name as your sister or your mom, are they dable?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yes, if they're The Perfect Girl is what it is, Like, I it's obviously it's more of like a weird coincidence.
Speaker 3: I don't think there's any like sort of creepy weirdness about it.
Speaker 2: I know. No, it's just if you hear the name, it would be like, oh is it you or you like yeah, yeah, I don't think it is.
Speaker 3: The I think the novelty would wear off after like a week a week. Yeah, it's nothing in the end.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you would probably have a nickname or something that's different anyway. You'd create that quite early, so I think.
Speaker 3: It would only be like it'd be interesting at first and then it would just be nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not a deal breaker whatsoever. And especially if they're the perfect.
Speaker 3: I've already forgot about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's fine. So yeah, after a week, I can how some people maybe would be uncomfortable with it, but we'll get over it. Grow up.
Speaker 3: It's like they have the same hair color. I can't date, Like, come on.
Speaker 2: Adults, here confessions. So these are the stories and let's get into them. Will fly through them today. There's some good ones. Let's do it.
Speaker 1: It's now time to dive into your deepest and darkest confessions.
Speaker 2: Let's hear what the people have to get off their chest. Alrighty, first one, I'll roll into this one. You can do the next. So me and my five friends went on holiday to grease. Also, this is a famous TikToker, famous superstar. We won't drop the name, though. So me and my five friends went on holiday to grease. Everyone in the group was cuffed except me, but Greg. One of my boys came solo because his girl couldn't make it. Gregor, I'd just come out of a three year relationship, and since we were heading to a party island, I was on pure demon time. I needed fun, freedom and beautiful women.
Speaker 3: It's like a video game where it sounds like they started GTA or some shit.
Speaker 2: One night, it was just me and Greg out. The others were being boring and staying in. We hit this wild club and ended up talking to two German girls. Greg plays perfect wingman, keeping her friend entertained while I focus on mine. We're dancing on these stripper poles and I start making out with the girl. I look over and no word of a lie. Greg is also kissing the other one. He's supposed to be proposing. When he gets back ring bought plans made that moment's been living rent free in my head for a year. I haven't told a soul until now. Anyway, they're engaged now. So man's names, I hope. So imagine the poor girlsie that she goes. Greg, you went to fucking grease last year? Greg, your friends TikToker. Should I tell you that bit out? Well, there's no name.
Speaker 3: You said Akma was on the super pole. It looked like his name was Akma.
Speaker 2: Oh this could be anyone.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, I mean that's crazy. Uh.
Speaker 2: Good story.
Speaker 3: All right, We've got one here from a friend of the show and a real life friend. Yes, yes, hey, lad's holiday story for you. A few years ago during COVID, me and some friends I met while working at us at a Ski seven over East were traveling along the East Coast ski season East.
Speaker 2: Yeah makes sense.
Speaker 3: While stopping in Coffs Harbor, we stayed in an airbnb. This house was a normal sized house, but it was split in half for some other random sustain one half while we were in the other. We shared a backyard with them, so got to know them a little. They were there for work and got picked up by their boss each morning. They were pretty scary and sketchy looking. One of them also mentioned he could total one of our cars for us if we wanted to claim some insurance on it, which was a bite, but they came across as pretty friendly blokes. On about the fourth night, one of the neighbors from the other half of the house asked one of the girls if she could drive them to Coles to grab some dinner. She accepted, took them to Coals and back. They gave her fifty dollars for her troubles and also gave us all heaps of the food they bought, so we're thinking, what a win. These guys are all right. The following morning they asked if they could borrow one of our cars for the day to use for work and return in the evening. He said yes, as we had two other cars we could use. They exchanged numbers to keep in contact. The next day comes along. No car has been returned, but we thought maybe he's just running late. Sends a few texts through an update and thought we'll see what happens. Later in the afternoon, the owner of the car checks his phone to see tolls from Sydney, four hour drive from Coff's Harbor being charged on his phone for his car. This is when we knew for sure they'd stole the car. The owner contacts police and the police say that because the owner handed the keys over to them, it's a complicated issue and they couldn't seize the car. So we had to try all the way to Noosa, crossing COVID borders illegally with a higher car. And then this is some things the of the text. So this is a text to the guy insert name. I really need my car back. I'm only nineteen in car to afford to buy a new car. Just tell me where I can find it. I'll pick it up. Insert name. You've stolen my car. I need you to bring it back now. Sorry, bro, I haven't had a phone. I took it to Sydney to get money. When I got to Sydney, I bumped into this guy I owed money and I did a runner and I think he's got your car. I'll try to find it, BROA give me twenty four.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. So he stole the car, then it got stolen from him, Yeah, but if because he handed it over, because he hand you hand the keys over, apparently that complicates it. But I reckon that the bloke who stole it gave it to someone to pay him back for something instead of.
Speaker 3: He's gone, mate, I've got a fucking new car for you here, like, let's go all right onto the next Always got a crazy travel story for you.
Speaker 2: Last year I flew from Brisbane to London for holiday. I was in the airport at Gatwick when I ran into my old primary school friend that I haven't seen in ten years.
Speaker 3: Gaudy, I've been there.
Speaker 2: We both couldn't believe we saw each other. Fast forward one week we saw each other again at Stonehenge, and to put the cherry on top, saw each other again on the flight from Gatwick to Dubai and Dubai to Brisbane. I still can't get my head around the fact we hadn't seen each other for ten years and we live not far from each other, but when we go to the other side of the world we ran into each other three times. Keep up the awesome work, guys. Love listening to you guys on the job site. I like stuff like that. Great coincidences for sure.
Speaker 3: Classic MAGA trip with the boys.
Speaker 2: Lose guys from England.
Speaker 3: Who'd have thought the Fellers spending their afternoons, fake drowning in the pool would get some action.
Speaker 2: I reckon.
Speaker 3: It was day two. We're out on the strip and our kid is necking on with his bird for half night. Laddo disappears for a good hour. Laddo spawns back into Tiger Tiger with mud all up his back and crack. Reckon, he'd been shagging this girl in the bushes. I believe him by the state of his crack on show. She stood there with him, both happy as Larry. Laddo cleans himself up a bit and heads into bar to get a drink kind of in more than five minutes, and this bird he's just shagged in bushes is necking on with another lad from our group. Ladder, that's the easiest yellow card given. Old mate comes back fresh drink in hand to have his heart broken at such a sight. Second yellow, straight red five match band, let me know your verdict on this night gets messy. The group splits up, and the following morning we gather on the balcony for the debrief. Turns out our boy Franco has also got some success with the same bird, absolutely criminal from.
Speaker 2: Him, same bird too. Wow, what a story, Laddo I like that. I like that a lot. Keep it anonymous worries. When I was at school He's in twenty twenty two, had some guy come over that I met at the club for a sneaky link. Was supposed to be a high and by situation decided to leave, but come back the next morning to eat the cheeseboard with all the girls, sat and watched the cricket in our hotel for the next three hours. All the girls hinted at him to leave, but he bought a case of VB and didn't leave till he finished. Girls also sat in the room with a jbl blasting Baseline Junkie to drown out the sound. The speaker went flat, big l for every woman that night. It wasn't written very well.
Speaker 3: Neither was this one, so I skipped the next one. Went to the US with my late great best mate Rip. We were toward the end of our trip and starting to get on each other's nerves a bit. We went to the National Championship for college football when we picked a team each. My team won, but my mate wasn't happy with it, and after the game gave me a push. I swung at him and he ducked walked me down the stairs in a headlock, and I tripped and landed on my face and had a black eye, and we had to get broken up by the security in front of a packed Levi stadium. Laughed it off the next day. Is if nothing happened?
Speaker 2: But how does that escalate to that? When support the team? That's crazy, bro, Relax man, I read this clems in sock.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 2: This is one that I actually read last night. It's actually really sad. Oh okay, but funny, it's funny, Okay, good. My parents told me halfway to Dubai that they were getting a divorce. It's a long flight. We were going to Europe for one last family holiday. Imagine that. Tell them after you're on the way. You haven't even got to Europe yet. You're in Dubai. Yep, you're on the way to Dubai. Actually, amen, we're going to get a divorce and this is it. We're going to have a good trip.
Speaker 3: This is the last time your family's going to be happy together.
Speaker 2: Son, he goes. I managed to book a return ticket whilst we were in the air, landed in Dubai, got a flight straight back to Australia. They continued on with my sister and had a lovely time for eight weeks before coming home and separating. Fuck that, he says. So he didn't want to be involved, but he just missed out in an eight week Europe trip. Yep. So who's the real winner?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, it's a nice way for them to tell you, I guess, but it's also a bit of a you know, yeah.
Speaker 2: Last one of the week. Yeah, last one, all right.
Speaker 3: My friend on a stag do in Benny Dorm was boasting his shagged the night before. Once he described the lady in question, my other friend brought up a picture from Facebook showing in fact it was a bloke he shagged and he was known to the area. He walked around in a wig and would touch people up and rob them. Oh, my friend has fuck called a rob.
Speaker 2: That's a good story. I like that. So it's actually just a bloke, just a bloke, and he just thought that it was a chicky.
Speaker 3: It happens.
Speaker 2: But what did he say?
Speaker 3: Sometimes twice in one night?
Speaker 2: Eh? Oh God, good story, great stories. Thanks for sending those in, guys.
Speaker 3: That's a good episode.
Speaker 2: Great episode. Enjoyed it very much. If you enjoyed it, leave a comment, leave a five star rating, give us your thoughts and we'll see you next week. Much love, everyone, so out,