Speaker 1: Apodjae Production.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to another episode of am I A Bad Mom? Podcast?
Speaker 1: Am I Bad Mom?
Speaker 2: For not having a topic, so we're just going to do a fun roundup.
Speaker 1: A fun Friday roundup of am I A Bad Mom?
Speaker 3: We're covering everything that you can absolutely think about has happened over the last couple of weeks around the households of ours.
Speaker 2: I'm actually not really looking forward to school going back. I've been quite cruisy. It doesn't feel stressful, like the mornings aren't a rush and things like that. I'm also feeling a bit guilty, like we haven't really done anything this school holidays.
Speaker 3: I think naturally, families have quite a structure to them. I go, yes, I know that I've always got something on in the September holidays because dance tends.
Speaker 1: To fall on it.
Speaker 3: So I extend it out by an extra day or two and we make it like a little four or five day sort of week in Noosa. Take Elsie up to all of that. So that's fun. But like these middle holidays are never one that our family tend to do or plan a holiday in.
Speaker 1: I don't know why.
Speaker 3: I think maybe for each family would be obviously well different, Like you guys tend to go away in the start of December holidays every year and then the like September ones and stuff. And you've also got girls that are just like the age is just so different now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's finding stuff that they're interested in, Like they want to do fun adventure like stuff. Yeah, like adrenaline type. Yeah, like they're like going on boats and jet.
Speaker 3: Skis and yes, all the expensive but at the same time it's like winter. So then it makes it really hard when someone said to me at the start of the kids going to school, oh my gosh, life is going to fly by when they're at school. It is because we operate in this structure of term one, term two, term three, term four, fill the gaps in between, and then all of a sudden, the year's done. We're practically there again. I'm getting emails now about like dance concert and dance photo day and the consumption of my life to dance.
Speaker 1: Like it's always at the end of the year. It's July. I know, this is what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Like, this is because term three will fly by all of a sudden, we're in September holidays. Term four, Well, you're on the high rate of Christmas again, like it's flying.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, I'm not coping.
Speaker 2: With this, isn't it for like mums that are buying toys for Christmas presents? Isn't it like that time of the year where yeah, doing like lay by sales.
Speaker 3: And stuff right now, like where the big toys sales are on and you lay by them for Christmas?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Are you clear or have you got any knowledge on this la booboo trend going on?
Speaker 4: It?
Speaker 1: I love your face. You're like, no right to what is wrong with you? Have you seen them? It's like a little doll, Like this little little.
Speaker 3: Doll thing that grown women, Katie, grown women walking around the streets of Melbourne have attached to their designer handbags. What yes, Yeah, I was looking going like what are they got on their bags?
Speaker 1: Why do they have them?
Speaker 3: And I text my daughter and said, do you know what these ugly dolls are? Sorry for anyone with a laboobo, do you know what these ugly dolls are? I said that people have hanging off their bags and Gracie goes, of course they do, Mom, They're everywhere, like they're really popular. I said, well, obviously they're really popular. I've seen them on everyone's handbags, like this is this is wild. But she knew all about it, this trend that's going on at the moment that I did not know because I'm a mom, and clearly I am not up to date with this stuff.
Speaker 2: I don't understand like someone is clearly doing some great TikTok advertise think for this stuff, because it was the jelly cats. A jelly cat is essentially a really overpriced stuff toy. Like, how good is the marketing that we've got people in their twenties having parties I know where they all buy soft toys that are really made for little kids.
Speaker 3: I know, it's crazy because these jelly cat keyrings that you put on your bag to like sort of go like, guys, look at me, I've got a jelly cat key ring.
Speaker 2: Seventy dollars Katie, Yeah, well we fell over. I was like, seventy dollars so expensive. Okay, So my girls are just slightly different. But water bottles right, Oh, when we think about marketing and TikTok, how Frank Green became.
Speaker 1: Really really Stanley?
Speaker 2: Now Stanley, Like my girls have both called Stanley j My husband Jay has got Stanley God, I.
Speaker 3: Love those reels that are like, they're so funny of people with Stanley cups and it's like, look at me going to the gym with my Stanley cup and they they're lugging this huge like thing that looks like the size of them that's a Stanley cup.
Speaker 1: I don't get Stanley cups. I am not on the trend.
Speaker 2: And you know what's really impractical because they keep going, Mommy, are you gonna get Stanley I'm like, absolutely not because they're not practical. You can't put them in.
Speaker 1: Your bag rate.
Speaker 3: So you know what I am on the trend for though, yeddies, yetti, stubby callers have you.
Speaker 1: They work a treat.
Speaker 3: They're so good and now you can get like a oversized stubby cooler. But for wine bottles, have you seen them? No, they actually work. They actually work, so you can hide your Stanley full of wine inside your cooler that looks like a wine coller.
Speaker 2: Guess what I bought, right, I am so happy with my purchase. I needed a new water bottle for home because I take water up to put on my beds on the table at night.
Speaker 1: I bought wait for it, like.
Speaker 2: This is the water bottle of a water bottles, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I went to Kmar.
Speaker 2: Was going there already and I bought one of those great but it looks like Stanley. Yeah, bigger than the Stanley. It's got two options. It's a straw, but also you can put the stopper on it, though it actually doesn't tip up in your bag. So there were a few color choicters.
Speaker 1: And I was like, oh, I really like the beige. I'm just going to go beige.
Speaker 2: And then I saw the stage color. The green color was also on special. So this water bottle was only like fifteen dollars to start with. I got it for nine nine.
Speaker 1: I am so happy.
Speaker 4: I was in the kitchen last night and I had the girls Stanley's on the draining board, Jays Stanley, and I lined my sage came up on up against it and I looked at it lovingly, and then I looked at the girls and Dan I.
Speaker 1: Went, look mine.
Speaker 2: Mine was nine dollars.
Speaker 3: Do you want to actually why we're doing about kmart and those moments of like goodness where you can find in gamart, because if you find something on special in gamart, you.
Speaker 1: Practically feel like you've won the lotto. Yeah, it was like it was free, it might as well be free.
Speaker 3: So we were in there and the girls obviously going camping, didn't have any gun boots because it happened to be pouring rain on the day that they decided to go camping.
Speaker 1: So I popped it came out really quickly to grab some like.
Speaker 3: Gum boots, and then we're in the section where the kids slashed.
Speaker 1: Well, my girls are in women's shoes.
Speaker 3: Now we picked up the gun boots and we were walking past the kids section and there happen to be like the rip off Birkenstocks, but the clothes toe ones, they're white and fluffy. Anyway, long story short, Gracie goes, Mum, can I get these? They're on special for seven dollars? And yeah, if you can find your size and the kids section absolutely go for gold. You can have them for seven dollars. Anyway, do you go through them? There's only a five left and then an eight, and the eight is swimming on her, but the five is too small, and I said to her, well, I don't know, She goes, I'll just.
Speaker 1: Get the ones from the lady section.
Speaker 3: So the exact same shoe Katie is in the lady section for twenty dollars and the kids ones exactly the same seven dollars. I was like, looked, I went, no, you can either wear the kids ones too big or too small for seven or no, I'm not getting a twenty dollars version.
Speaker 1: Squeeze your foot.
Speaker 2: On seven, squeeze them in, or have them like clown shoes.
Speaker 4: Either way, fine with either.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm not spending a stra No, I was like, I don't know, affecting more money on them being the bright side, not doing that