Speaker 1: Get morning every day day, Adelaide, I really.
Speaker 2: Need let's have it is so time for a.
Speaker 3: Let's go girls, lady, just where we assemble all the ladies we've got abby from the news room? Single this week? Or were hooking up? What are we doing?
Speaker 2: You know, just working like a.
Speaker 3: Like a dole? No, we've got producers. Are we here as well?
Speaker 4: Morning?
Speaker 3: Are we single?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: We're single?
Speaker 2: Okay, we're chilling all right?
Speaker 3: And me who's been married several times and has a million children, Okay, let's talk girl stuff, shall we.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was chatting with the girls, but I think anyone can have an opinion on this one. On the weekend we were chatting marriage, change your name or not change your name? Okay, I think these days most of I don't have many girlfriends that have gotten married yet. I'm twenty five, so it's kind of starting now. None of them have changed their name yet from my immediate friendship group, but then broadly I know lots of girls that have, and I'm very interested whether people still think it's a nice tradition or if it's a bit archaic or I don't know.
Speaker 7: I think sometimes it's appropriate and it definitely can work for example.
Speaker 8: Nice to meet you.
Speaker 6: I'm Julia Cooliah. Had you become Julia Heart.
Speaker 3: It's a really interesting one. Like when after I split up from my first husband, I kept his name for a long time and that raised a lot of eyebrows, But that was simply because I didn't want to have a different surname to my daughter kid. Yeah, so, but I think I would just let go of the baggy green. I think in retrospect I would have done things differently.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we probably would have reverted to my maiden name. But then I got married again, so that sort of took care of itself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you glad you're a naughty now and not your maiden name.
Speaker 3: So glad your name William Williams. I thought, what about you, Abs, if you ever get married.
Speaker 9: I always thought that I would to be honest, but I lean towards more so not doing it now. Why so because I don't know. I just I like Abby Smith. I just I like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it just when you really sit down and you drill down on it, it seems odd to give up your name to beg a man's.
Speaker 4: But not to be insane feminist like I am. Sometimes, But if you're keeping it you're just keeping your dad's name. We've always got a man's name.
Speaker 6: You just ditch the last name, just just one name. You could be like Ronaldo. I'm just I'm.
Speaker 3: Hey. Question for you if you say, if you married Kara and she didn't take your name, would you be insulted?
Speaker 6: She got an interesting, very Scottish last name. Her name is Goonan.
Speaker 3: Around so she was in a real hurry to Lutch on the Hayes Hayes.
Speaker 10: I wouldn't be against it.
Speaker 4: What about would you change your last name to be with carus to Yeah, say it wasn't because that is another thing that lots of mates have been chatting about with me, as well as the bloat changing their name.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's a whole different.
Speaker 2: I know someone who combined their last two names.
Speaker 7: Yes, yeah, double bell, that's that's quite common. But changing it, what from the males name to the lady's name. That's interesting.
Speaker 3: So you'd be Andrew Goonan.
Speaker 6: And ring to it, Andrew.
Speaker 3: G producer, M you had an interesting situation. Yes, thankfully I don't have to worry about this anymore. But one of my past boyfriends, when we were dating, I decided.
Speaker 11: If we were ever to get married. I would not change my last name because he was Dutch and his surname was Fonsylocom.
Speaker 6: The Dutch.
Speaker 3: What was his first name?
Speaker 2: Kevin? You know, not really well, no touchdaw Kevin, just just cricket.
Speaker 6: What was the inspiration from Kevin? Do you know?
Speaker 11: I do, actually because I asked him what is going on here? His mum really loved Kevin Costner.
Speaker 6: Probably in Dances with Walls.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think so, thurteen twenty four ten. Were you're named after a celebrity? Thirteen twenty four to ten?
Speaker 2: Tell us?
Speaker 3: Have you changed your name or have you kept your maiden name when you've gotten married? Have you hyphenated it is? Is it the dumb thing now just to keep your own name when you get married. Let's go to Helen. Good morning, Good morning. What's your situation, Helen?
Speaker 12: I got married in March, second time round. For the first time round actually.
Speaker 13: Was nineteen ninety six, and I did take my then husband's surname. Then that didn't work out, so I resumed fact for my maiden name. Yeah, and then for about ten twelve years and remarried and Sinning changed my name and still am missed and just kept my maiden name, and my now husband is really supportive of it.
Speaker 3: Okay, So, Helen, do you think maybe because you went through that first situation with your first marriage, you felt a little bit burnt by it and you perhaps didn't want to go down that path again.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Absolutely, I lost myself in that marriage, and regaining my maiden name afterwards was really important to me. No, So, yeah, I wasn't. I wasn't going to lose that again. Although that was a really good point, it was made earlier that. Ultimately I just got my dad's surname anyway, but it's all a bit too complex changing it to something else.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, thank you, Helen, Thank you so much for the call. Let's go to Vanessa. Good morning Vanessa.
Speaker 12: Hey guys, how are you doing good?
Speaker 3: Am I reading this right? Have you invented a new name?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 8: So big backstory for us. My husband's family name is Wow, so it's actually H. O. R. E. But when he was born, his parents changed it to hall Wood and kids being cruel. He got teased for being a hare with Wood, and so when we got married, I thought, I don't want to be missus Horwood, as much as I love him, and I love his family and you know, their family lineage and everything. I kind of thought, maybe it's better if we just make try tradition out the window and go, let's make up our own. So we smushed the two names together and just created our own new family names.
Speaker 3: Okay, so what was your name? What was his name? And what's the hybrid?
Speaker 8: So mine was Corbell, it was Hollwood. We're now core Wood.
Speaker 3: Perfect.
Speaker 6: That works.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's great for him.
Speaker 8: He only had to change one letter.
Speaker 6: Yes, that's nice, very nice. Better than Bell.
Speaker 3: That's like when.
Speaker 8: I don't know, I kind of like.
Speaker 14: Wall Bell.
Speaker 3: That's like when people get married and they come up with little hashtags for Instagram, like when they combine the names.
Speaker 7: But that's a thing, now though, that's a genuine thing to combine, you I mean news however, you mentioned it. People genuinely combined the last two names, this new superbreedtop name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go, Exhibit A.
Speaker 3: They're interesting, THINKI Vanessa. I was saying to you, guys, I'm off air that I know a lot of people who perhaps work in media or in the spotlight, and they've gotten married and kept their maiden names because that's how they've built their I don't want to use the word brand, but their profile.
Speaker 15: That's how they built their profile.
Speaker 3: And so when they get married, they don't want people to be confused about Yeah they are. I do wonder if I ever got married, if I was still in this job, whether I change it or not. Yeah, because I guess yeah, people know, you know, but they also know, Like I still have people go, oh, do you sound really familiar.
Speaker 9: I'm like, God, I don't know, because I work in admin. Yeah you know, so they know your voice. But yeah, So.
Speaker 7: When you think about it as well, particularly in big time celebrities, they really changed their names. For example, it was not Nicole Cruz after she married Tom Cruise, always Nicole Kidman.
Speaker 6: It's always been Moley Sorrow. She wasn't Molly Hemsworth for a while were they married.
Speaker 3: It just didn't end well the issue there.
Speaker 2: Maybe they should have smashed their names together and it would.
Speaker 3: Have so, Yeah, like cy Worth, Kim Kardashian didn't become Kim West or Kim Humphreys when she or maybe she didn't go kill I.
Speaker 9: Think she went Kim West. There was a lot of stuff out there of Kim West.
Speaker 6: Wasn't it the kids Kardashian West.
Speaker 3: She was a Kim Kardashian West. She halph NATed, so then she could a drop it when she got rid of him. Okay, yeah, I mean, I guess you can understand it. If you're famous in your own right, then you don't want to lose that profile. Nicole, what's the answer to all those questions?
Speaker 12: Change it? Change it? I could not wait to change it. We got married, and as soon as we got back from honeymoon, I was like bang straight into births, deaths and marriages, changing it everywhere I possibly could. So I went from a ten letter Dutch surname Van Lewin Yeah va N space lwe U w e N. No one could ever understand the space. No one could ever understand the U and the W next to each other, or they would put luin like Cape Lewin or you know, even after like six years at high school, no one got it right. So my husband's name is Diaz, like Cameron Diaz. So I went from ten letters to four. And now they say, oh, you know Cameron, and I'm like, yep, yep, she's our cousin. She paid for the wedding. She's great, Yeah, you know, but oh I just could not wait to change it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's great. I've always thought, al it would be excruciating go through life with a really complicated surname, of having to spell it out every single time you.
Speaker 6: Go through a routine.
Speaker 7: Though, when you and Nicole, where you knew someone was about to ask this routine of things you'd say every time to make sure people know exactly what was going.
Speaker 12: On, I automatically spelled it as soon as I said, you know, if someone asked, what's your name, I just automatically went into the spelling.
Speaker 3: Automatically, automatically just recited the entire out there, and then they drifted over.
Speaker 6: D I not yeah, we get it.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, exactly. So it's habit. It's habit. You know, even on some forms that my maiden name wouldn't fit in those little boxes and it would just spill over and it was just oh yeah, no. I mean it has a great story because in Dutch it means the lion, like powerful, like a lion or lioness. But you know, yeah, no, I was just over it. After twenty something years of spelling it just yeah, fair.
Speaker 15: Enough, Thank you so much for your call, Nicole.
Speaker 6: It's all well and good.
Speaker 7: But not Cameron's sister though, Nah, much better bringing Diaz.
Speaker 15: You're not Darren Hayes's cousin either, I.
Speaker 7: Certainly am so or Sean Hayeses brother which have won.
Speaker 6: Maybe there's three of us.
Speaker 9: Maybe maybe you should hyphenate your name Hazy be Andrew Hayes goonan.
Speaker 6: Okay, it's definitely something we could think about.
Speaker 10: Ye, what's this space? Maybe our children could be Hayes goons.
Speaker 3: They could be Hayes goons.
Speaker 10: Maybe little goonies, little goobags.
Speaker 1: You're waking up to adelaide the news today, breaking news?
Speaker 6: What's the news today? Snooze news?
Speaker 3: Can the information overload when you wake up on a Monday morning? So to drill down on the biggest news stories for the past twenty four hours, we have Abby in the newsroom. What's going on today?
Speaker 2: Good morning?
Speaker 9: So John Paul Drake, who is the one of the bosses of the Drake supermarkets, he's gone viral again. Yeah, most people would know that he started putting up videos calling out shoplifters back in the day and it's such a huge business. I can't remember what the figures are, but shoplifters in across supermarkets. More people are doing it now because the cost of living and it's just getting out of control.
Speaker 3: But he's saying it's not He's saying it's not people on the bones of there and you know what he's saying, it's just brazen feet.
Speaker 2: Well there's that, yes as well.
Speaker 9: I know some people though who just refuse to pay the amount that's on the ticket.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ro it goes in the bottom of the bag. But he's called.
Speaker 9: Out these two people who've basically been going through shops through the northern suburbs.
Speaker 2: They've got this big box with a.
Speaker 9: Bow on top, so it looks like you're walking around with this big box, like this big present. And basically what they're doing is there's another person walking around with meat and all these groceries and things like that, and then the woman's coming over with this big box. She's placing the big box into the other trolley and making it look and putting it over the goods in there and then walking out with it. So they look like they're walking around with just this massive present in their trolley, but it's not.
Speaker 2: It's all meat and food.
Speaker 9: Yeah, So yes, he's taken to social media.
Speaker 2: There's a few bits.
Speaker 9: I currently play it because obviously the language is a bit colorful for radio, but it's yeah, it's really interesting if you head to the Instagram page. But they're basically putting a call out to try and find these people and stop them.
Speaker 15: So I think I told you a couple of months ago.
Speaker 3: I was just in my local supermarket and I just watched a guy grab one of those electric toothbrushes off the top shelf for the expensive and he just like literally didn't even try to conceal it in his jacket. He's just like, what was walking out with it?
Speaker 10: He put jacket green.
Speaker 7: As I look at those toothbrushes sometimes i'd like a backup electric toothbrush for.
Speaker 3: Oh, you want to back up on you?
Speaker 6: Yeah, because I wear them through them quite quickly.
Speaker 2: Wait till they go half price.
Speaker 3: Yeah they do.
Speaker 2: They do that quite often, go half price. So what do you mean you wear it out? That means you're pushing too hard.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's not good. My gums have recessed over.
Speaker 10: The journey because I proceeded.
Speaker 7: I don't know, my garms have had recessive.
Speaker 6: A little bag of chips.
Speaker 2: And a popper.
Speaker 9: Here go, here's the teeth chat do you use pipe cleaners between?
Speaker 2: Do you have holes in between?
Speaker 6: What's a pipe clan like a little.
Speaker 9: Tiny pipe cleaner and you use that to push the food that gets stuck, because that's why your gums are receiving a floss. Okay, you should use your pipe cleaners as well.
Speaker 7: Okay, well, I'll get some education of fear offair because I don't know what a pipe cleaner is.
Speaker 1: Do you pipe?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 3: I do? But anyway that that is definitely an afair conversation. Yes, I don't even know how to segue from pipe cleaners to Natasha Ryan. Just do your best, Okay, So this case is unbelievable. Can you remember you're probably a bit young, But Natasha Ryan was the girl in the cupboard. So twenty five years ago, hazy, she disappeared and police and her family had presumed that she had been murdered by this guy who was like a prolific serial killer, Leonard John Fraser. So everyone thought she died, and then the police went around to her boyfriend's place. So she was only fourteen and he was twenty one at the time, and she was hiding in the cupboard.
Speaker 6: What for hell?
Speaker 2: Five years? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, so.
Speaker 3: Five years she was off the radar anyway. He then went to jail for perjury because he liked to police and said I don't know where she is. And she was found guilty of causing a false police investigation and fined one thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: So she was in on it as well.
Speaker 15: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, she was complicit.
Speaker 3: Wow, I mean, how can you be happy to let your parents and your family think you've been murdered?
Speaker 9: Well, she was only fourteen and he was twenty one, so you wondered what else was going on.
Speaker 3: But yeah, anyway, they have found her dead on a golf course in Rockhampton, so another big police search over the weekend. And yeah, so she's dead at forty. What a very sad tale, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Pretty sad life really.
Speaker 6: So there you go.
Speaker 7: That's your post snooze news. Let's talk QR codes, shall we. I know that's that's my reaction as well.
Speaker 3: I hate them, do.
Speaker 6: You know why? Jokes?
Speaker 10: Because you're me, We've got a bit of age behind.
Speaker 7: Sorry, but this, in my eyes is good new Some restaurants are ditching QR codes of the fear of appearing tacky for the new age technological feature boomed and popularity post pandemic as a way to limit the transfer of germs. Not only do restaurants for a QR codes attacky, but customers have expressed frustration over how difficult QR code menus can be to navigate, especially and this is us for older generations.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: Well, at the risk of sounding ancient, I can't read them off my phone. There it is, and I've got some decent sized going on.
Speaker 7: Have you got that large pot on the front of you plone? Oh my go, that's the next level. But when you do the whole Oh, I forgot, where's my bloody glass? Yes, damn QR codes. When I see a QR code, I'll instantly become angry. Yeah, because there's a good chance so I'm going to go to a space where it doesn't make sense, and my wife car is so good at it, and I'm going to get angry and it it sets me up in a bad mooon all of a sudden, I'll probably ordered the wrong thing as well.
Speaker 3: Genuinely, we'll just pass my phone to my husband and go just read it, just tell me what's on it.
Speaker 7: Yes, and his brain's working a thousands, so many cogs, all having once.
Speaker 3: He's a very fast talker too, so he'll be like, oh, do you want the chicken faters or do you want the gin and burritos or whatever? Do you want a coke or do you want to last one?
Speaker 7: Yeah, and you just say yes if you don't understand what he's say. All of a sudden, you're writing pancakes for dinner. Yeah, he's just railed off something random. Some of these old school things that have been phased out. I miss, I really miss. You know one thing which I don't think kids these days will have the joy of owning, and it is hard copyed concert tickets.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, that's their collector's items.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, because now it's.
Speaker 7: All through the interwebs and all QR codes and all.
Speaker 10: That rear rap.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I've never thought about that.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I miss? I miss the CD discman's. You know, when you walk around you've got your little headphones with the big like the round things on your and then you'd hold your disc one and you'd just feel cool. You thought you were cool, you thought it's so damn cool.
Speaker 10: It's the cruisier of the disk one Thingking I was eminem.
Speaker 7: I imagine myself with a notepack just scribbling some lyrics on the bus downturn eight mile in Detroit. Yeah, I miss as well. Well, I think a lot of people miss the interaction at supermarkets. Oh yeah, the supermarkets now there's no interaction with the.
Speaker 3: Check ees that we call them check out chicks.
Speaker 7: Check it like check out chicks and check out boys. Yeah is that thing? Check out boys? But self served checkouts now dominating.
Speaker 3: Super hate everything about it, particularly when you've got more than like one bag full of items and you look the same thing with the QR code. I get so mad, like I just I need I've got a trolley for here, I need someone to help me.
Speaker 7: There's new bits of technologies that are just getting in our swear. When I'll pass me that sheep, what's together there? I passed my glasses there, jaw.
Speaker 2: That's a job.
Speaker 6: That's a joke. That's a joke.
Speaker 10: Jo a terrible job.
Speaker 6: Monday Joe's we said that.
Speaker 15: Yeah, sorry, And you know he's great in this space.
Speaker 6: He's Is there anyone better? Randall Paul as to news read to Abby, thank.
Speaker 2: You, good morning.
Speaker 3: So on the on the blue scale this morning, where does your jokes? No, mine's quite pg actually, yeah, alright, which is interesting.
Speaker 7: Well, mine's a little bit blue. Okay, do you want to kick things off? It's a really sort of an interesting direction. Okay, Okay, let's go. Why couldn't the lizard get a girlfriend? I couldn't because he had reptile dysfunction. It happens, though, it happens to the best of you.
Speaker 3: Yes, all right, question for you. What's the difference between a piano account of tuna and a tube of glue? You know you can tune a piano, but you can't piano a tuna. Ok yeah, why didn't you ask where the glue comes in?
Speaker 6: Where's the glue coming?
Speaker 3: People get stuck on that.
Speaker 6: It's a double maybe different.
Speaker 2: But also you did stop like you could have continued.
Speaker 3: Okay, No, that's not how jokes work. When we were quiet.
Speaker 2: We were quiet, so he could have then said the next bit.
Speaker 3: Didn't either one of you didn't it occur to you to say, hey, what about the glue? All right?
Speaker 6: Get your thinking thinking? It's nice?
Speaker 2: Ready? Yeah.
Speaker 9: A guy goes to an ice cream van and says large cone please, in quite a croaky voice. The vendor says raspberry syrup. Yes, please, replies the bloke with the same painful sounding voice. Crush nuts, says the vendor. No, says the bloke, pointing to his throat laryngitis.
Speaker 2: That was very peg, that was very nice.
Speaker 6: Will deliver it. That's good, I thought.
Speaker 15: No, I just I'm stuck on the crush nuts bit.
Speaker 3: Just digesting that.
Speaker 6: Really, do you know what? We'll speak about it in this song.
Speaker 10: Sometimes flying can be very very funny, can be interesting. It can be also misleading for some people.
Speaker 3: Also very much so. So the advice from one flight attendant is if you take a fancy to one of us on a flight and you think about chatting us up, please don't. Okay, like full stop, it's a.
Speaker 16: Little one on one tip how not to hit on a flight attenant. Okay, do not hit on a flight attendant, inflate during plate whatever. Do not do that because you are making it awkward, and you know what, the flight intendent just has to be nice to you.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's just a really uncomfortable situation and we do not like that. Okay, But if you want.
Speaker 16: To shoot your shot, then your best bet is just handing your number over to the flight attendant when you are getting off that plane, then you're not making it awkward and you're leaving it up to the flight attendant to the sad whether or not she wants to text you.
Speaker 6: Oh, there you go.
Speaker 3: So if you want to shoot your shot, shoot your shirt. So that was Tyra who goes by the TikTok handle at wheels up with Tyra and she's been a flight attendant with Delta Airlines for six years. That video has been viewed twenty five thousand times. Quite often, like with sporting teams that travel, they must be a few of the boys that think, oh that girl's a bit more right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but I reckon now in this particular space with everything that's reported, if you were an AFL footballer and you wanted to go down that space, very risky because if it doesn't work, then they're going to talk. They probably do a TikTok video like that. So I guess what this bloke from this football club just ask me out.
Speaker 15: Yeah, shooting your shot, shooting your shirt?
Speaker 3: Have you have you ever been hit on at work? Do you know of anyone?
Speaker 7: I don't think I've really been hit on at work much. And even if I was, I wouldn't even know. Yeah, I'm not a guy that picks up.
Speaker 3: On you are the most oblivious person in that space when it comes to female attention. You've got no idea when someone's giving you a bit of Oh you're a bit of all right?
Speaker 7: Absolutely, what are you looking at it? Stop looking me up and down? The's my flying done something? Hot dogs again? Now I know I'm going to be very careful when.
Speaker 3: I want you to be very careful. Choose your language carefully is what I would say.
Speaker 7: Damn, I'm not good with words at the best of times. There used to be a particular clinic on North Terrace. It was located at number two hundred and seventy five. Okay, I'm not thinking to say this. It focused very much so on sexual health. Yes, a friend of mine went in there because he needed to be, in the end educated on a particular matter. Okay, so him being quite a very confident young man, perhaps thinking yeah, I will shoot my shot in a place where he should definitely not shoot his shot. When he finished in this particular clinic and he had some good news. Yes, he was also educated much more to be a much better human. We'll post that visit on his way out, he thought it would be a good idea to try and shoot his shot to the receptionist. That's right, a clinic two seven five.
Speaker 3: So, and that is the most brazen story I've ever hearden in my life.
Speaker 6: Isn't it just so ridiculous? And how do you think it finished?
Speaker 14: Not?
Speaker 7: Well, yes, but I think she looked him up and down in a really negative way and basically said please.
Speaker 3: Leave it and perhaps perused file. He said, oh no thanks.
Speaker 7: But his claim was that hey, my files there and as you as we both know right now, everything.
Speaker 6: Is coming up.
Speaker 10: Well, yeah, everything is good.
Speaker 9: I was on a flight from Adelaide back to cans when I was living up there, and there was an older gentleman who worked in the mines and he was talking to this flight attendant. Now she was a little bit old of but she was just gorgeous. She was stunning. She just loved her job. You could just tell. And he's, oh, so you know what flights you you know, blah blah blah, and you can sort of it started off friendly, but then it was getting to the point where he clearly was trying to chatter up and she was being friendly, being friendly, and it got to that point where she's like.
Speaker 2: Oh, now I've said too much.
Speaker 9: So then he made a comment, oh, something about I don't know where you're flying to next or whatever, and she basically was just oh, we're not allowed to give out that information, you know. But he clearly was shooting his shot and then probably would have been a gorgeous couple together, but she started to get uncomfortable and go, oh, I've said too much here, and had to yeah, sort of pretend that she didn't know the answer exactly.
Speaker 6: The issue, wouldn't it?
Speaker 7: Flight attendants on It's being nice versus hey mate, look I'm just being nice.
Speaker 10: You don't take it the wrong way.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what at Wiel's up With Tyra said on TikTok. And you know, to always listen to everything that at wheels up with.
Speaker 10: Tyra's We live by that.
Speaker 15: Let's do this thirteen twenty four to ten?
Speaker 3: Have you been hit on at work?
Speaker 10: I was going to put it straight out there. Have you been here at work?
Speaker 6: Charts?
Speaker 10: And did you end up getting married because of it?
Speaker 2: I did?
Speaker 15: Indeed at the staff Christmas party?
Speaker 3: There you go, Yeah, greg Ady seemed to shoot shooted.
Speaker 6: He shooted the short line.
Speaker 2: Did he have a line?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah, well it wasn't a line. But he just came up behind me at the Christmas party and he sort of pinched the back of my neck like that, and I was.
Speaker 9: Like, oh, oh, boys, when they mean to you, it means.
Speaker 13: They like you.
Speaker 11: Oh.
Speaker 7: He was being nice and an old turbo talker, Greg Wisper, How you trying to drink?
Speaker 10: We'll catch up coffee over night.
Speaker 9: Okay, okay, yes, it's exactly. It's a fast talker for anyone.
Speaker 3: Just let's go to Rochelle. Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 12: How are you good?
Speaker 3: Good? Did you get hit on?
Speaker 9: I did?
Speaker 17: Yeah. So I was working out a service station with the truck stop at the time. Yeah, and I had a truck. He come in and did this transaction and we always had to say, like, do you want your receipt? And he said, only if it has your number on it.
Speaker 10: Yes.
Speaker 17: I trumpled up the receipt and put it in the.
Speaker 9: Bin and.
Speaker 6: He left legs there.
Speaker 3: He goes, see, guys, thank you, Rachelle.
Speaker 6: What can you do that?
Speaker 10: Sometimes?
Speaker 3: You know, Jackie? What happened?
Speaker 14: I was working in an engineering firm and one of the worker's sons attempted to hit on me for two years. He was very shy, and he eventually dropped his number and with I've been together for twenty years, three.
Speaker 10: Kids, married, two years to try it, like how how brutal were you?
Speaker 6: Or were you just sort of.
Speaker 14: Brutal? He used to come in and say is my dad here? Come to the reception desk and say is my dad here? And I'd play japs them and say gone home sick, or he's going to meet him, and then he's stick there and planic because he's supposed to be picking his dad up, and actually he was just kind of talk to me.
Speaker 6: So, ah, that's nice.
Speaker 10: Across the journey, when did you start to turn?
Speaker 14: The ladies I worked with would often tell me how gorgeous he was, and I would definitely before he would come in, I'd make sure I had my makeup and looked the best I could. And eventually I told his dad that I thought he was cute, and so his dad regretted that when he told his son, the receptionist thinks you're cute, so he shot his shoes. What he said before, Yeah, I was like.
Speaker 3: All right, let's oh that's amazing, Thank you Jackie. It's going to chantell for morning.
Speaker 14: Hello.
Speaker 3: Hello, have you been hit on?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 5: So I'm a Flores. So we're often serving like men obviously, And I was helping this one guy just choose an arrangement as I do. Was asking me all this questions, taking his time, and then when he came to buy it, he bought it, and then he was.
Speaker 7: Like, oh, I thought you were about to say down lines up. He was buying flowers for his wife, his girlfriend, and then but this is nice. The whole time it was flowers for you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know, And that was it and then he.
Speaker 3: Just left che I've often wondered this about Flores. Do you quite often have sort of husbands or wives like buying flowers for people that aren't there, like wife for husbands? You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: We have had situations where that has happened before, right, especially on Valentine.
Speaker 10: Just quickly before we move on, could you say, Emily, what's wrong with that?
Speaker 6: Don't you like love?
Speaker 3: I love love? We all love love.
Speaker 2: But I just think that's so cringe.
Speaker 6: I's not cringe.
Speaker 10: It could be awkward if you weren't ready for it, but don't you think it's lovely?
Speaker 6: On paper. That's lovely.
Speaker 2: I don't know, just not for me.
Speaker 3: Sorry, guess let's take one more Lana for a morning.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So I'm a nurse and I went into view somebody the medication and he said, oh great, my nurse is here.
Speaker 12: For a bed.
Speaker 2: Gas.
Speaker 8: You're in for a time to selected me, you can get up and have a shower.
Speaker 7: Yes, Oh goodness, mate, I can't believe that line didn't work on you.
Speaker 3: No, not at all for Lana, Thank you so much.
Speaker 7: You wonder how many times nurses have heard lines like that? Yeah, can I just get one?
Speaker 6: Thanks?
Speaker 7: Not funny, but seriously, I know you can't. You absolutely sick all right? Time to get stuck into your sweet spot.
Speaker 6: Let's get Fritz, Let's get Frizan.
Speaker 3: How long did you work on that?
Speaker 11: For?
Speaker 6: Weeks? Weeks? Maybe months?
Speaker 3: Okay? So to bring you up to speed, we spoke to Will Rainer from the Royal Adelaide Show last week. Answer the man basically what they've done. Because I'm obsessed with fratatas, they have created a fratata category for the Royal Show just for us. But the catch is we need at least twenty people to register to take part, just twenty people who love their fratatas as much as I do.
Speaker 10: Yeah, no registrations yet, but that's okay.
Speaker 15: Hey, I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: No, we're funny. Just started apparently apparently there's a bit of love on the socials for my fratata?
Speaker 6: Is that correct? News read?
Speaker 9: Yeah, there is a few people like go off Joe and I had to look at the comments on the Royal Adelaide show as well because they posted it last week and there's some backing there.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's good. So if we can get twenty people to register, the winner will take home the bragging rights of being a fra tart king or queen and five hundred dollars.
Speaker 10: Right, one hundred bucks. And you're going to compete, sure, And I'm going to compete you sure are? Do you know what would be? What would be?
Speaker 15: I cannot get Kara to make it for you, cannot.
Speaker 10: I've got news for Abbi what she's on my team?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: You're doing it together, are you?
Speaker 10: Yeah, we're recruited. Yeah, so it's very interesting.
Speaker 2: Credit to the boys spot on there.
Speaker 15: That's already one, two, three people that have entered, so that's good.
Speaker 3: We just need seventeen.
Speaker 7: There's the thing though, jes can you imagine a world where we compete against each other for the rights to have the best potato show and you lose?
Speaker 6: Can you imagine how devastating.
Speaker 3: That you can't? I can't. Entries close on June twenty first, and to enter you just need to email entries at Adam laid showground dot com dot au.
Speaker 15: Come on, come on, all your bakers out there.
Speaker 10: I mean, is there a fratata fraternity?
Speaker 3: There is a fra tata fraternity?
Speaker 6: What's it like? What they like?
Speaker 3: We're amazing.
Speaker 15: We just lean on each other for fra tata support.
Speaker 6: Loose bunch though, tell you what.
Speaker 7: From what I can see as well, And I don't know too much about fratatas because I sort of get them confused with omelets and sometimes caches as well. But the vegetables that use in your fra tata they're big, They're big chunks.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well there's a secret to that, and I'm not going to tell you what. It is.
Speaker 10: Just lazy cutting, is it?
Speaker 3: No? No, you have to bake them in the oven first, Okay. Can't just chuck a whole chunk of sweet potato in a fatata and expect it to be soft.
Speaker 10: Oh I was pretty mine in the mirk away. That be wrong every time.
Speaker 7: All right, an over player, get registering and let's have a fratata off.
Speaker 6: Why not, That's what it's all about.