Speaker 1: Ad A lady, ad A lady, A lady ad lady filtered.
Speaker 2: Hello and welcome to the birthing sweet. I am Haley Pearson and I am Lauren Jes. One of us is having a baby in about twenty four hours time.
Speaker 3: Oh is the day.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Adelaidie.
Speaker 2: I'm filtered, just to reset because we do it every day, just in case the first time.
Speaker 1: We've heard our episode.
Speaker 3: Welcome.
Speaker 2: We are besties, we're business partners. We have ade lady. Hello, I say Halo's immedia and we do everything together except bang bang. But you did bang once because you are about to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if my parents ask us one time.
Speaker 1: Twice, you've got to twice.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, twice.
Speaker 1: Tilt conception.
Speaker 3: That's it. And that's how I like to think of my parents too.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Same.
Speaker 2: This is actually a really special moment, hope you. I'm fine, full of nurves for you that you're about to embark on having two children.
Speaker 1: You're about to have be cut open, seven laves of skin.
Speaker 3: Where to bring the mood down business and.
Speaker 1: A large baby be pulled out. I'm so excited.
Speaker 3: Do you know what? It's funny?
Speaker 4: I was talking to a lady the other day she thought I was going from two to three, and she was just like, oh, one to two is the worst. That is the worst time of my life. But two to three was totally fine. I was like, I'm going from one to two.
Speaker 3: She's like, oh would she will the luck have a great day.
Speaker 1: How are you feeling?
Speaker 4: Though, I've been really emotional because it's the last time of the three of us. So on the weekend we went and had a little steak cane in the city together and we swam and it was everything that Sophia wanted to do. She wanted to swim in the heated pool. She ate chocolate for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We walked down North Terrace and saw the lights to illuminate. Everything was for her. She had Yochi at like nine o'clock at night.
Speaker 2: We know her posing for a photo with a tiny little robe on with her leg just popping out. Oh my god, she does the legs. She does the leg pop a hip hop and the leg pop.
Speaker 3: Every She loved it. She's like, can we have his every day with no rules? I'm like, no, mate, this is.
Speaker 1: All you get because as the next week your second fiddle.
Speaker 3: And then I spent the.
Speaker 4: Whole drive home crying because I was so emotional that it was the last.
Speaker 1: Do you know? Do you know what?
Speaker 2: This sounds awful but also good at the same time. I guess I feel like I don't even remember when it was the three of us. That's good, but no, but isn't that that's bad? Like there was three years when it was Austin, Jimmy and myself and I don't remember a time that Alfie wasn't there.
Speaker 1: And you'll be like that too, you know.
Speaker 3: And it's funny.
Speaker 4: We were driving and because I've been very highly emotional, you may have noticed.
Speaker 3: May have not. I'm not noticing. It's like my rock crying a lot.
Speaker 4: The music was on in the car and we like left the hotel and I started crying, and Sophia goes, what now.
Speaker 3: Turned the music off? And he goes right, family meeting, Mum, what's wrong? Are you okay? I'm like.
Speaker 4: And the three yes, and Sophie a little dictator in the bags, rolling her eyes like, can you Mary so we can turn the music back on.
Speaker 2: Speaking of music in cars, when we left the hospital with both kids, we played a.
Speaker 5: Yard That's the song I think of when they're coming out, you know, it's like me do it nah, And then the curtain dropped and.
Speaker 1: You see the light of their face and their little faces all screwed.
Speaker 3: And they're covering the white stuff. What is it called?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know fortos, whatever it is, I don't know. They might thank God, they.
Speaker 3: Want that shit.
Speaker 4: No, they well, you're not supposed to bath, and you've got to leave it on. It's good for their skin. Really, just cover it up in one's I.
Speaker 2: Feel like I didn't kiss that off his face. When I first smelt Alfie, he smelled like chocolate.
Speaker 3: And his favorite food now is chocolate.
Speaker 1: It's weird. I literally said that was like, hey, this kid smells like chocolate.
Speaker 3: Austin would have been something healthy like because he's such a health free All.
Speaker 2: Right, well, we're very very this is our last podcast that we're recording without a baby on your lap.
Speaker 1: You've got Betty little baby Doggie.
Speaker 2: Who's weirdly nuzzles into your fanny every single podcast. If you watch the videos closely, you would have seen that she has.
Speaker 3: Been like this, This is how I sleep at night. She was like this before, Like I always knew that I was pregnant.
Speaker 4: Mentally, yeah, but she was like this before I actually knew dogs are so intuitive.
Speaker 2: Mom, No, do you ever think that my morbid brain if she's if my dog starts sniffing a certain part of my body, I'm like, is there something wrong?
Speaker 1: Can you smell a tumer?
Speaker 4: Well they can't. They say dogs can smell. No, I know before it happens.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm a little member of the week.
Speaker 2: It's school holidays at the moment, right, and I've taken a week off. It's been amazing, and I just want to pick paint the picture of having an eleven year old boy.
Speaker 1: It's my favorite age.
Speaker 2: And I always say this on the podcast because it's innocent, but it's fun, it's cheeky, but it's they still need their moms. It's all of that, right, So this is what it's like. They get their backpack in the morning, they pack their little soccer ball in there, maybe a drink bottle if they remember that. Then they get set up on their way on their little scooter to their friend's house. And we all live close together, so there's like five of them, and they screwed to each other's houses and then they scooted to the park. And at the part they're playing soccer until the sun almost dips below the grass. We can't contact them because none of them have phones yet, because we haven't let them have phones yet. So we start stressing and we're driving around the neighborhoods.
Speaker 1: Trying to find them.
Speaker 2: But then we always find them and they're together and they're fine. And then after they've played soccer, they go Coloone shopping. What they're obsessed with Colonne shopping. It's amazing. They went into Runde Wall and they went to Sephora, and they went to Mecca, and they went to David Jones and Meyer and Star Chemists, and they got all of the samples because they love Colone shopping. They're obsessed with all the expensive brands. And I'm not talking like David Beckham. I'm talking like, why so I went and got They fought over this little you know, when we went and got your expensive bag that you just bought for your push present.
Speaker 3: I'm not telling anyone about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that one we got little sofa that day. The boys have stolen those samples. This is the best thing ever.
Speaker 3: I'm wearing my sample right now. Al smells lucks, It smells right.
Speaker 1: Algys to bed last night.
Speaker 2: But my low light of the holidays happened and it was the saddest thing I think that's happened. So Alfie often I'm still I'll sleep with him, right we sleep next to each other because I love sleeping next wee him because it's really nice.
Speaker 1: His bedrooms at.
Speaker 3: The end of the house and you don't have much time of that left.
Speaker 1: No, I love it. So anyway, during the holidays, I was like, this is a great time. I've cleaned your room. I'll just go and get my things.
Speaker 2: So I go to my bedroom and I get my pillow under one arm, I've got my phone charge room one. I've got my drink bottle and my box of tissues because I was a bit sick. So I walk into his room and I've got all my things. I'm in my pajamas, ready to go to bed.
Speaker 1: It's so sad.
Speaker 2: And I walk into his room and he's on his laptop and he's facetiming a couple of people, and I'm like, are we gonna go to bed? And he's like, oh, oh, Mom, I'm just on the phone. I'm like, oh, I thought we were going to go. You don't want me to sleep here tonight. And he's like, oh, it's okay, baby, it's fine, it's fine.
Speaker 1: I won't I won't put the guilty properly. It's fine. I'll go back to my bedroom. I'm actually will come.
Speaker 3: Here in Italian it's good.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't want to.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to make itim feel guilty. And then he's like, oh, I feel so bad. My MoMA feels so bad. I'm so sorry. Hold on and he puts his friends on hold and he's like, I'm so sorry, mom, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: I'm like, it's okay, you don't have to feel bad. I was dying inside. My heart literally frighted, and I went back to bed.
Speaker 2: And then at eleven o'clock or whenever he finished his phone call, he wakes me up and he's like, mom, you can come in now, come into the bed.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, no, no, no, you chose your friends over me. It's fine to stake.
Speaker 3: My No, I'm not second fiddle to your friends.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it was.
Speaker 2: So like, it was so embarrassing. I was embarrassed in front of my eleven year old boars. I walked in with all my things for you to sleep over it, and he didn't want me. I had to walk out of the room.
Speaker 3: Little traggies, You ready.
Speaker 1: My eyemask, go on? Ready to sleep? Anyway, that's my man?
Speaker 3: All right, big week.
Speaker 4: So a little bit later, I'm going to talk about a letter I got on my car from what I think was a woman.
Speaker 3: You think it was a man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got a theory why I think it's a man.
Speaker 4: We've put it on social media. A lot of people are angry at this letter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not a nice letter. No, it's a passive, aggressive, disgusting letter.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Speaking to about that a little bit later on. And you want to talk about your parents. Your mum hasn't been very well.
Speaker 2: Oh, I've had a bit of a week. I feel a bit wobbly talking about this. But it's something I've noticed about my mum and dad's marriage that I've probably never realized until this week. And I think it's really relatable because I think in our parents' generation it was done very differently.
Speaker 1: Everyone had their role and.
Speaker 2: They quietly do their role without the other person knowing anything about it. And mum is has pneumonia in the moment and bad it's all of it's been both lungs. It's just it's knocked her for six and she's at home.
Speaker 1: With hospital care.
Speaker 2: She had nurse coming in the morning, in the middle of the day, at night. She's got IV, she got oxygen, she's got all the things happening right. And I know I talk about my parents on the show a lot, but it's because I am really close to my family, and like ridiculously close, Like my umbilical cord.
Speaker 1: Is still attached to my mum. And so.
Speaker 2: I've noticed something as an only child now that I can't really talk about with anybody else, and that is that since mum's been sick, my dad has had to take the reins for other things around the house. And this is not me painting dads as villains or anything like that, because it's actually been beautiful to watch. But Dad, in the fifty years that they've been married, fifty four years I think they've been married, Dad's never done the supermarket shopping ever. In fact, I think he's walked into a supermarket maybe five times in those fifty years, and that would be with my mum or to get a bottle of water or something. It's never done the full shop, which is such an strange thing in itself to imagine never going.
Speaker 1: Into a supermarket. Isn't that a weird thing? It's very well, we know our way around with our eyes shut. Yeah, he doesn't know anything, so.
Speaker 4: And he wouldn't know what it takes to run the household. Yeah, you just open the fridge and it's there. You open the pantry and it's there here, like if you said go buy everything.
Speaker 3: He's got no idea.
Speaker 2: So Mum knows what's running out, where it is in the supermarket, what he likes, what she likes, what you need to make that and this and so at the moment, their house is running out of food. So I've been going to I've been making soups and trying to get things for them so they don't have to cook right, And Dad tried to go to the supermarket, got all the wrong things, and Mum being a bit of a martyr, which our mums are full martyrs, you're not going to do it right, So I may as well go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll be on my deathbed, but I'll literally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mum cannot breathe. She shouldn't be twenty meters because she can barely breathe. But she the other day, I'm on the phone to them, Why why are in the carry you going to the doctors? No, we're just going to the supermarket. Why are you going to the supermarket?
Speaker 1: Mum? You can barely stand up?
Speaker 2: Because your dad he can't. I need to show him where things are.
Speaker 1: It's actually really sad to think about it that she was there, couldn't breathe had a mask on because she had to show him things that he didn't know. And it's not like he's not willing. He wants to help in every single way he can, as your dad would be the same.
Speaker 3: But he does other things around the house and much other stuff.
Speaker 1: It's the roles, but it's such an old fashioned way now.
Speaker 2: I think because our part husbands they know their way around the supermarket, they know their way around better than we know our way around.
Speaker 3: No, well, it's funny that you mentioned these.
Speaker 4: Yesterday I sent Burgiae to the weekly shop and he goes, what do you guys, what do you want? I'm like, the weekly shop, go to the does don't be smart? What do you want in the weekly shop? I was like, oh, what do we have? What do Sofia have?
Speaker 3: In our lunchbox.
Speaker 4: I was because I'm being a bitch, massive bitch, And I send him and I might, well, do we have berries?
Speaker 3: Do we have bananas? Do we have yogurt? Do we have bread? Do we have milk? What do you have when you open the fridge? A snap?
Speaker 4: Snap, snap, snaptap, and then the texts and then and then he send me screenshots to the trolley. I'm like, well that's I don't eat beef mintce. I eat turkey mints, so I know that. Yeah, why would you buy beef mints? Oh it's for me because it's lean.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, it's just so snappy. But I got annoyed because we have to do it with our eyes shut.
Speaker 1: We have to know. But at least he is out there doing it. It's not like he's being vindictive and doesn't want to do it and saying you need to be in the kitchen.
Speaker 4: I always take the reins on that stuff. But then he was like, do you need bin liners? Do you need washing powder? Do you need I was like, yes, no, you do we need oh yeah, because I'm in the chain and the bowling.
Speaker 1: Chain in the laundry. So that's what it was like.
Speaker 2: Mom, apparently walked into the souper market and she's pointing to him. He's had He was like, it was the periodic table. He was like, I have no idea what any of these things are and what they do.
Speaker 1: I just know that I love Roses cooking.
Speaker 4: But is your mama Marta in a sense of like, so, say, sometimes my dad will go to the supermarket and it will buy his favorite yogurt. Yeah, but Mom's like, that's not the brand we buy.
Speaker 3: We don't use that yogurt. We use this yoga And he goes, it's just yogurt.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's exactly what It's like.
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: But the sad thing is, and I guess it's kind of a learning thing, is that I hate thinking about this. But one day, if you know, one of them will not be able.
Speaker 2: To do stuff because something has happened to them, the other one is left with everything. So how do you make sure that that other one left is okay?
Speaker 1: You have to.
Speaker 2: I think I've actually been thinking about this. I feel like I want to take a bunch of old dads like my dad. When I say old, they're young, they're young, but they're old. Do you know what I mean they're seventy five. Take them to the supermarket.
Speaker 1: And do a tour and show them where things are. Do a cooking class.
Speaker 2: I get sprout should do this like I could cooking class with dads, just to show them simple, five simple recipes that they can make, because I swear to God, my dad would not be able to make a thing. In fact, I tested him.
Speaker 1: I was on this.
Speaker 2: Couch yesterday and I was like, I'm just going to do a little test to see how much my dad actually knows about food and shopping and prices and things like that.
Speaker 1: Have a listen. Wayne Pearson snaps. You can follow him on Instagram now joins the show. Have a listen to this.
Speaker 7: What's co churs course?
Speaker 6: Because I know what it is.
Speaker 3: It's like a rice type thing. It's past.
Speaker 1: How would you make a suit? What's the first thing you can do?
Speaker 6: You make a soup? I will get a can?
Speaker 1: I can?
Speaker 2: I can a tomato soup?
Speaker 3: How do you make a soup?
Speaker 1: Put him in the sauceman? How many minutes does it take to boil an egg?
Speaker 8: Too?
Speaker 1: Twelve dish washing tablets?
Speaker 7: I think about thirteen tried but trickle that?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 7: I named five vegetables, carrots, potatoes, carrots and potatoes, humpkin, broccoli and onion.
Speaker 1: And if you were to roast them, what would you do?
Speaker 7: Well, put them in one of those metal plates in the oven. Put them in there and a little bit of butter. I've got no idea, no idea.
Speaker 1: What's the difference between zucchini and kikomba?
Speaker 7: The queue and kikamba the similar shape, But I don't know one's a bit more tasty.
Speaker 9: Than the other.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, but I wouldn't know the difference between a zucchini and a cucumber.
Speaker 3: That was a tricky one.
Speaker 1: You don't know the different what's the difference? What's the salad ones? Vegetable? One's in the salad? You have cucumber in your salads? Yea old? And then you cook the zucchini.
Speaker 3: You can eat zucchinny raw.
Speaker 1: You can't eat it raw?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and all sorts of stuff you treat twinter there, that was a trick. I'm a wain O's side here.
Speaker 1: That was a trick he thought was rice.
Speaker 4: I know my dad would have no idea as well. The only thing my dad does and it kills my mum. He goes to the supermarket. Most days he buys ice cream, chocolate, push your toe, everything he doesn't need. But he wouldn't know the same. Every question you ask your dad, my dad would have.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we're onto something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we need to get all our dads and we need to help them just in case the worst happens and moms aren't able to do stuff.
Speaker 1: You need to know what to do.
Speaker 2: It's the same with like even like in my relationship with Jimmy, I don't know he does all our banking and bills and all that stuff. I don't know any of that passwords. If something happened to him, I wouldn't even know.
Speaker 1: Where to go. I don't know where our wheels are. I don't know. We've got so many different Like I don't know where homelan is. So that's scary. That's so scary. I know it's changing.
Speaker 3: I don't know where your homelone is.
Speaker 1: I don't know because it's not my role. My role is other things in the house.
Speaker 2: It's it's pretty it's pretty scary because you do really and it does show you. Like with mum's health this week, I was like, she's the fittest, healthiest person and it just went like that, and you just you just don't know when something's gonna happen. So I think we all need to be more prepared for this kind of stuff, like that green box theory. You write down all the things that you need to know, put it in a box somewhere in case something happens.
Speaker 3: And our moms need to stop being martyrs. And if the.
Speaker 1: Dad's mate, you're a marter as well me, you're a marta.
Speaker 3: I was a bit martyr yesterday.
Speaker 1: You one hundred percent of mart I don't eat beef mince like you like man doing his best, trying to get stuff for the family, asking if it's okay, Like you could have just said, yes, get the beef mince for you, but could you mind getting some turkey mince as well.
Speaker 3: I don't need this from you right now.
Speaker 9: I'm on your side all the I'm just trying to I don't know the Devil's anyone to think that I've been like a bit crazy the last few weeks, anyone to think I'm tinkeringge look out for the signs, And I'm telling you there's a.
Speaker 1: Sign right now.
Speaker 3: Blink once if you need out.
Speaker 1: Part offles a safe word. All right, that's my little thing this week.
Speaker 2: So if you are, if you do have a dad, let us know DMUs anytime, because I kind of really want to do this is not something we're saying.
Speaker 1: I really want to get a group of dads together and take them to food Land or and then do a cooking class or something, just so they know.
Speaker 3: That would be really nice. Can we make that happen?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I will because you'll be off having it.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to do anything.
Speaker 1: I will make it happen.
Speaker 3: You do it.
Speaker 1: It's on me, I'm promise.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about this letter.
Speaker 3: All right, Hayley Pearson.
Speaker 4: You've seen this letter, but for those of you who haven't seen on social just do a little recap. So on the weekend, went to Mitcham Shopping Center, go into the cinemas to see the Minions movie with Sophia.
Speaker 1: Beautiful, great movie, Mum daughter day.
Speaker 4: Mum daughter Day, doing a lot of them. So I parked in what I thought was a park. I did a park. I mean, I'm not the best parker, but I parked it, and then I walked inside and then I came back from the movie to this letter on my windscreen. Hello, I see you've parked blindfolded again, and this time with a crazed ferret upon your face.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's funny.
Speaker 3: And I was like, do I have a mistake?
Speaker 1: You're blind? Clearly you were blind parking and you weren't doing a good job parking.
Speaker 4: Okay, see that's what the blind ferret means. What did you think it meant like facial hair?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: No, meaning like you've got someone across your eyes, so you're literally parking with your eyes closed.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay.
Speaker 4: I was like, okay, hold moonal think I was offended. Okay, blind fare upon your face?
Speaker 3: Dot dot dot. If only you weren't so fat, love heart whoa.
Speaker 1: Okay, there's a lot to with this with this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, first of all, when you read it, did Sophia say what's that letter?
Speaker 1: Did she ask?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: I hit it from Sofia because I never wanted no, that's what I was home. I would rather say fuck in front of my child with fat so no.
Speaker 2: No, Okay, let's start at the top. I have had cars notes of my car saying learn how to park blanker Like, that's fine and it's and it's fair because we're not great at parking terrible. You're probably the worst parker in South Australia. You had this ability to park across driveways in no standing zone.
Speaker 4: Remember that time I ended up on can't park for ship? Yeah without brand of car. Yeah, that is why we don't have branded cars anymore, because it's actually detrimental.
Speaker 2: To quite familiar your face around South Australia, so people look inside and they just see your little face and quite often you're waving both hands in the air because you're on the phone to someone.
Speaker 3: My car doesn't start unless I'm on the phone.
Speaker 1: That's that is why.
Speaker 2: By the by the way, my friends, that you can't park is only because you're distracted talking to someone on the phone.
Speaker 1: You're making a business deal.
Speaker 4: But I also how many times have people message us going, hey, you cut me off on Anzac Highway.
Speaker 1: All the time, all the time.
Speaker 2: It's just a thing that when Lauren drives, I don't know. I'm so surprised you haven't had more accidents, But you don't. You go forty like going up a freeway because you're talking and you can't do two things at once because I'm gonna do it, and you don't really have any consideration for any other cars around it.
Speaker 4: And this is why I'm so glad we have our own cars right now. We just drive our cars. We were and bought two of the same matching cars. We've only got one number on our number plates at a different and we both treat them like actra.
Speaker 1: Shit mine is a piece of shit.
Speaker 3: Your car is foul. It is just covered in scratch.
Speaker 1: It has washed it in maybe nine months.
Speaker 4: I had a lady hit my car and I said, oh, don't worry about it. So now I've just got a massive dent to the back. I didn't take her detail.
Speaker 1: I thought that was the koala that you hit on the No, No, that.
Speaker 3: Was that's been fixed. That's different.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So so the first part of that message is actually fair, Like yes, if I if I saw you parking again, like obviously again, this person knows you. It's fair enough to write a letter. Sometimes you've got an event. That's fine. That first part is fair.
Speaker 3: But then if they know me, so then are they a friend calling me fat?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: This is the thing, Okay, I don't think they know you, because they don't they think that you're they're calling you fat.
Speaker 1: They don't know you're pregnant.
Speaker 2: That's why Lauren has looked like she's put on weight because she's pregnant. She has a baby in her belly. Yeah, she's actually has not put on weight anywhere else other than her tummy.
Speaker 4: But also at the end, I'm sorry, your feet and your ankles and everything gets to be swollen. And the one thing that does annoy me is people think that they can make comment. Like my dad said the other day, he said, a few old guys go, oh, Lauren's put on some weight on the show. She put on some weight and.
Speaker 3: Dad was like, she's pregnant. She's fucking pregnant.
Speaker 2: They're like, oh, okay, this is That's what I mean. I feel like it's a man. I feel like, how could another woman say that to another woman and.
Speaker 1: Put her down like that and think it's okay.
Speaker 2: After if she's seen you get out of your car, she's seen you walk inside with your.
Speaker 1: Beautiful little girl holding hands.
Speaker 2: On a mother daughter day, and she still has your audacity to write that in your car.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's a woman.
Speaker 4: I do because women are bitches. Women bring other women down. Men don't have time. When women go out, we dress for other women. Men don't know brands, men don't know hair, we dress because women are the ones that go, oh, she looks skanky, she looks young, I.
Speaker 3: Know she looks.
Speaker 1: Should think better of women.
Speaker 2: Okay, So the reason I think it's a man is because AI thought, surely a woman wouldn't write that to another woman. But the love heart, So it signs off with a love heart. But the love heart is not a female written love heart. It's written like a guy that doesn't know how to do a love heart, like a passive aggressive I'm just gonna put a love.
Speaker 1: Heart here, you bitch kind of thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because the bottom's pointy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the bottoms point is how Alphie does a love heart. It's how a guy would do a love heart. Yeah.
Speaker 4: See a lot of people are saying a guy wouldn't be fucked writing this.
Speaker 1: Read out some of the comments. People are saying, it's been wild.
Speaker 4: I love Burjo, you are the worst parker on earth. I'm like, all right, let's start with a positive sandwich.
Speaker 3: Next time. Could have start with, hey, babe, love you.
Speaker 4: About the facts he was, and then he spoke about how miserable this person is. Next one, Okay, your parking skills are not great, Lozo, thanks Flick. No, most people are saying death's a woman, and by the looks a jealous one at that they saw, they were triggered and they wrote scum. I hope whoever wrote this feels like they have consistently stubbed their toe or hit their elbow.
Speaker 3: That's funny.
Speaker 2: It has to be someone that's older then, because they've got the time to write a letter.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, someone wrote that the love heart is giving a man, and then someone I thought the opposite about the love heart. Yes, girls know how to draw love hearts better. Yes, someone has wrote that.
Speaker 2: Oh, let's put that. We're going to put that on our social media. Now the actual love heart. Who drew the love heart?
Speaker 3: I think this was written by not a very nice woman unfortunately.
Speaker 2: Okay, so let's just go back to the car park because you took Burjo there to show him the car park. Because when this all happened, Burgo and I were on a side message with each other and I was like, I don't want to put this on social media because I feel like putting this out, this negativity out in the world.
Speaker 3: We want a message together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, because I was like she's about to have a baby. Let's just focus on the positive stuff and don't give this woman or man any air and so but then I was like, she is Lauren sad about it?
Speaker 1: Is she angry because Burjo was out the night that you got the car got that letter.
Speaker 2: So we were on a side message talking about how we deal with this, and then we're also like, is there footage?
Speaker 1: How do we find this person? Can I go and knock on their door?
Speaker 4: Well, interestingly enough, the person wrote it on their shopping receipt.
Speaker 1: Have you got the receipt? Have we got their number?
Speaker 4: Well, everyone said their rewards app or something will be on their receipt, but there's no number on the receipt. They bought sour dough and milk because they're sour.
Speaker 1: That's so true, they're so sour.
Speaker 3: But I love sour dough.
Speaker 1: I love speaker for the guard.
Speaker 3: It doesn't make you bloated, so nice. It was olive sour.
Speaker 1: We should be frough fi fi and fetal.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: So the next night, because I was still thinking about it, I didn't think about it. And then I was like, I'm fine, everything's fine. Everyone needs to chill out. And then I was thinking about it. I was like, oh, that is so mean when you're pregnant. And so then I was like, Berger, I want to take you past the park I parked in so you can see, and this is what happened the crime scene of where I got the letter gets that opened the window.
Speaker 1: That's the part you think that.
Speaker 10: Was a park.
Speaker 6: It's half apart and then there's there's reason no one's in it now. But the high voltage in the poles coming halfway to the park, it's half a party that it.
Speaker 3: Doesn't explain the other half of the letter doesn't. It's definitely not a park.
Speaker 2: Who they're like a giant box sticking out, so it's not a part.
Speaker 4: It's like a high voltage box. And then there's like ballards. But I took that as a lart. But I was like, oh, that's a nice park.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: I want to ask our team because when we're recording this podcast, we've got Milli our producer, and Moggie are video producer with us.
Speaker 3: I've had my micover.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's turn our mic over and fight and think ask them what they think? All right, Milli, you, what's your actual thoughts on the letter? Male? Or female.
Speaker 8: I've never been angrier at reading something in my life like the Fury. But I think it was a woman, as much as I don't want to say it. Women are so fucking cruel sometimes, and I think a lot of the time it comes from a place of insecurity when it's a woman.
Speaker 1: Do you think this person knew Lauren?
Speaker 8: God, I hope not. I just want to know, because I just hope not. The fact that there could be people like that in this world that knows, someone.
Speaker 3: Knows their story, their history.
Speaker 8: The fact you're pregnant and still says that, oh just me makes me feel sick.
Speaker 1: It's so bad, Moggie.
Speaker 2: The only male in our team, in fact, the only male in a group of what we've got thirteen staff.
Speaker 1: We love you so much, you're one of the girls. What do you think.
Speaker 10: I think it's not a man, that's for sure, because it's too much to write. Oh no, not that I would probably do something like that, but be too too many words.
Speaker 1: Yeah, would have taken too much time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, So maybe we're all in agreeance that it was a retiree woman. It was an older woman who has too much time in her hands and doesn't know you doesn't watch hell essay.
Speaker 10: But then it's still said again.
Speaker 1: So she knows Lauren. Then that's weird.
Speaker 10: But then also like people can remember number plates, Yeah.
Speaker 1: But my number plates basically exactly the same.
Speaker 2: Maybe they think the same person because I'm also a ship parker. Oh my god, maybe last time they saw they think we're the same person.
Speaker 1: They saw me last week. She's put on weight because she took pregnant. Last time that all met it was me.
Speaker 3: You were literally also the worst driver.
Speaker 1: I have been.
Speaker 4: Up with the traffic lights next to you with a slight pineapple on my car, waving and you're like this.
Speaker 3: You don't even turn, you just look.
Speaker 1: Straight out because I'm looking at the road.
Speaker 3: Oh you know, I like to look around at my surroundings.
Speaker 1: You do. I have both hands on the steering wheel and I'm looking at the road. But it is weird. I don't see any of my surroundings in the next lane.
Speaker 3: All right, it's any conclusion.
Speaker 4: It was a bitchy old woman who probably hasn't had sex in a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she's got way too much time on her hands and doesn't shop at food lands.
Speaker 4: So we don't like her, No, we don't like her anyway, she said to us, Yeah, anyway, thanks for the really nice comments. I didn't put it out for that stuff. I wasn't angry, I wasn't upset. It wasn't like the last email I got, which like cut me to the core.
Speaker 1: Lisa.
Speaker 3: I was like, I'm pregnant.
Speaker 1: I heavily pregnant too, like about to give birth tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Literally about to give birth.
Speaker 4: But everyone has written some really lovely things and some really funny things, and there's a lot of foul language on the post, which made me laugh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm still going to try and get the cc TV footage.
Speaker 3: We should message Mitcham.
Speaker 4: This is what I could never ever do anything bad. Even if you parked across three car parks, I would be like, that's a terrible car park. But I could never write a letter. I could never know putt.
Speaker 1: Also because we don't have a pen in our car or a receipt, and.
Speaker 3: I also don't care enough. I'm busy.
Speaker 1: I just can't be bother. That don't mean leaves my body immediately, like.
Speaker 4: I'm angry at you, and then I go, oh, something shiny, Yeah, do you know what. Also, maybe we shouldn't judge this person because maybe they're having a really terrible time in their life and they've taken it out on me.
Speaker 1: No, I'm judging them really. Yeah, they don't know what you're going through. Yeah I did, Like you could have parked there because there was an emergency and you had to run inside.
Speaker 3: And buy some popcorns. Yeah, and some old Jesus that.
Speaker 2: She doesn't know that, she doesn't know why you parked there like that, So don't defend her.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not defending her.
Speaker 4: But you know what I always think, if someone's a bitch to you, always go are you okay? And chances are they break down. I'm sorry, my dad's sick or my mum sick, or my kid's been sick. I haven't slept, you know. When people really snap in it not very nice.
Speaker 2: I know, but we're just all fierce lion protectors of you. Right now, I don't have any sympathy for this person. She had no right to write that to you.
Speaker 4: No, well, maybe I'll just have to let everyone know like that, the ones that haven't seen the podcast or seen social like the old men.
Speaker 3: Oh do you know what I was thinking the other day? Do you remember that odd I know what we're gonna say.
Speaker 4: Remember, we had a client once again, an old dude that when I was pregnant with Sophia.
Speaker 3: Yes, he went get a fat.
Speaker 1: Sow are you That's what I mean. He was one of the people I thought of because he's an old man who doesn't get it.
Speaker 4: And I was like, fat so twenty nine weeks pregnant and I was so upset. It's always I.
Speaker 3: Had a man the other day touch my tummy. He touched my tummy and said, oh, a.
Speaker 1: Lot of cake in there?
Speaker 3: What So, this is what I mean.
Speaker 1: It's a man. It's a man that they don't get it.
Speaker 2: Yes, you grow a belly because you're having a baby.
Speaker 1: Fat So.
Speaker 2: Someone on that post called burgo or lardass, which I love the term lartass. I think it's such a funny harder. It's like from the eighties, you're a lartass. But like if you kind of put together the things that are mean, lard ass fat so up there with the top and it was a guy and they were men.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but men don't sound like yeah, a lot of Kate. She's three point.
Speaker 4: Five kilos right now, Like it's not okay, No, it's Okay, it's not it's legs.
Speaker 3: You're right.
Speaker 4: It's always men making comments about women's way, and older men they.
Speaker 3: Don't think about it.
Speaker 4: I mean, younger men wouldn't like the Jimmy's and Burgos of the world, would never like you could literally have a foot hanging out of your vagina pregnant and Burgero of blate.
Speaker 2: So have you been so I reckon this the theme of this episode. Then we've kind of covered. It's the generational things. We love our parents, but the older people are very different to what we are.
Speaker 1: Like I think we're masage shading.
Speaker 4: We try to be accepting, we try to be more accepting. We're trying to be nicer, and I have to say that we're so lucky. Like my mum even said it to Burgo yesterday. She's like, you do so much around the house. She goes, I didn't. I didn't get that help. Like my dad literally came to the hospital, went back to work, no fault of his. But that generation, they weren't changing nappies.
Speaker 1: No doing all this. Great Grandpa's great, the best best Grandpa's yes.
Speaker 4: Because they've got the time. But back then they worked from six am to six PM, and it was all on the wife, all on the on the mother to either not work or try and work and run everything. So we're very lucky to have that.
Speaker 1: We're very lucky. And can I just say as we wrap this podcast up, we're very lucky that we've got you, me and this little baby inside that has been part of every single podcast. She's going to know every episode back to front because she's been with us the whole time.
Speaker 3: My god, her first words will probably be.
Speaker 1: Fuck yeah, don't say that, don't say that, or gunt no, gunt no.
Speaker 3: I mean, Sophia swears. And it's so funny when kids.
Speaker 1: As Austin call one of his toys a gunt. I've got a video of him going, this is my gunt. I'm like, what it's a gunt.
Speaker 3: I love that word.
Speaker 1: That's such a good word. Alright and fat so all.
Speaker 4: Right, so fats so signing off, you can fill all right, laders. So it's Thursday, Tomorrow, Friday, you know, just hanging out having a baby and stuff.
Speaker 3: See Saturday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So what we're actually gonna do is we have recorded one episode that we're going to play next week. That's a doozy while Lauren is still recovering, and then we're fresh episodes and stick around because we are going to do an extra episode on your birth.
Speaker 1: Every single detail. I want, every detail, every layer of skin. You're gonna film it, every detail. You're gonna film everything.
Speaker 3: Well, last time they feel remember birthing video, So I really hope. So yes, we'll film the obstrition. She's so fun. We're getting our playlist sordid, like, I don't know what song it want to bring me to life? Great, I'll bring it out some emo ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, love you, love you, love you, Bye bye