Speaker 1: Let's say goody to Ishagua.
Speaker 2: Good to be here, guys, great to be on the show.
Speaker 3: Now you are here as part of the Fox team for the Summer of Cricket and we've got the ashes and you're not the only there's a legion of English people hitting our shores. Forty thousand Jesus, I'm told of hitting planes. They're gonna be arriving the next few days ahead of the ashes too.
Speaker 1: This is a nice gig for a commentator. What is this like the Summer of dreams? This show?
Speaker 2: It is when we're women? Yeah, oh yeah, I am. I've done three ashes tools here now actually made that four with women's as well. And it hasn't always gone well, so.
Speaker 1: Can I ask?
Speaker 4: Right, just because I'm new into the cricket world and anybody we speak to who's coming over for it seems to have that general attitude well, hope, hope and lack of confidence. Have they had such a bad run in the past against the Aussies.
Speaker 2: Well, we have while a Test match in the last three series, so that's pretty bad run. It's not been great, can I ask?
Speaker 5: It's still very much a male dominated industry, especially in terms of cricket commentating. What's it like being one of the only females in there amongst all the blokes.
Speaker 2: I do my best to keep them in check. Doesn't always work. I guess I've worked in kind of male dominated spaces since I was quite young playing in a boys team, and then pretty much all the way through cricket has been quite male dominated, so I've kind of slipped into that mode. I can kind of slip into that mode quite easily. But also I think it's important to go back to what you're there for, which is you're just there to be a cricket commentator and call the action. And I've been very fortunate to have made some amazing friends across my cricket journey, both playing but also in broadcast. I'll always talk about Shane warn He was super welcoming to me in the commentry box. You know, when you first get in, when you first get into commentary, it is quite an intimidating place, especially if you're the only female and you feel like you can't put a foot wrong and so forth. But over time, you know, the guys have been really, really supportive.
Speaker 1: Do you still think about Warny? Is sure?
Speaker 2: I do? I do I do a lot, you know, even when I'm not here, because he was just one of those characters that while he had the gravitasse, but he was really magnetic as a personality and I always just wanted to be in his company. But in the commentary box, I mean think, I think our friendship really kind of grew more so here in Australia and at Fox because he really valued what I had to say when it came to cricket commentary, and so I feel like when I had his respect, I kind of got the respect for everyone else as well around the world. So, and he was a cricket pader. No one could talk about the game like Warning. Could he have this unbelievable ability to really simplify it to the masses. And that's what I loved about working with him.
Speaker 4: You have a teacher how to scullar beer or suck back of dart.
Speaker 2: You know this is a misconception about Warning. He wasn't a beer scullar.
Speaker 1: No, he wasn't he the preme extreme.
Speaker 2: He liked his life soda.
Speaker 4: If you've spent much with his son, Jackson, but god spinning image, aren't there?
Speaker 2: Yeah he is. Jackson is a beautiful human and yeah, he brought them up, he raised them.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, so let's get a prediction. I think by a confidence. What do you think.
Speaker 2: Going to all? Sorry to all, I know you want a prediction one way or the other, but I'm going.
Speaker 1: To astral retain the ashes?
Speaker 3: Okay, oh no, hold the ashes?
Speaker 1: So to all, we retain the ashes?
Speaker 4: Well we can way to watch your handiwork every ball of the ashes live and ad break free during play on Fox Cricket available on KO Sports.
Speaker 5: Just quickly before we let you go, tell us about Take Her Lead, which is a charity that you've found in which is empowering women in cricket.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So we know that girls drop out a sport at twenty percent more of a rate than boys between the ages of eleven and fifteen. There are lots of different reasons for that. Boys need to be competitive to feel like they belong. Girls need to feel like they belong before they can be competitive.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: So we're trying to create that but also provide more opportunities for women. So that's in broadcast. In administration, We've got a network for women. It's UK based at the minute, but we're trying to raise awareness here in Australia as well, so we're doing a fundraising tour. Make sure you follow at Rick's Ashes on Instagram. We're doing an event in every city during the Ashes and it's going to be a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: So want to do great charity, amazing great charity. Hey, thank you so much of your time this morning, and enjoy your time on our shores.
Speaker 2: Thanks guys, Jason, Lauren Lauren wake up feeling good following them on the socials.