Speaker 1: We got get you the morning every day adelaides backup partners.
Speaker 2: Apparently this is a thing, particularly in amongst the ladies. There's two ladies in this room right now. Can you get your thoughts on this one? And Lucy and Jody. So a survey of one thousand women found that nearly fifty percent in relationships that's married or unmarried have a backup partner in mind in case the current relationship ends. So these backups are often old friends who previously showed romantic interest through some women named ex boyfriends, colleagues, or acquaintances like gym buddies. The common thread is emotional familiarity and the belief that the person would be ready and waiting if the current relationship were to fail.
Speaker 3: Oh they're interesting, isn't it with the current partner?
Speaker 4: Okay, I just think if this marriage doesn't work out, I'm not doing marriage number three.
Speaker 1: I'm not doing that categorically. I'm not.
Speaker 4: I will probably become a lesbian because I think women get each other better, uh, and or be single for the rest of my natural life. I don't have a backup partner.
Speaker 2: I feel like I'm your beautiful husband, your current husband, the current Greek, Forever Greek. I feel like you get comfort in knowing that that you're either going to be single or you can switch.
Speaker 3: The other side. That's good.
Speaker 1: I know it's good for him, isn't it.
Speaker 2: What about you, Lucy, because we had this conversation off air and it's got you thinking.
Speaker 3: Didn't it.
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I didn't know this was a thing that was surveyed. But has it crossed my mind to have a backup partner?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: God, it has I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't have one in mind, okay, but it has crossed my mind that if if Josh were to carcke it as they say, yeah, would I have a backup partner?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That's a boss Josh.
Speaker 4: By the way, yes, she's dating the boss, shall we?
Speaker 7: But I do understand the emotional factor.
Speaker 6: Girls are emotional beings, and I don't hate the idea of switching side.
Speaker 7: No, because girls get girls.
Speaker 1: No, I get that.
Speaker 7: Maybe I would do that.
Speaker 4: I've just watched The Hunter's Wives over the weekend, so it looks quite attractive to me.
Speaker 2: Well, when you think of sport and you think big milestones straight away from me, I think of some previous milestones. I think of Scott panety four hundred. I think of Travis Spoke three point fifty. I think of Taylor Walker three hundred coming up in a few weeks time. But then all of a sudden, a milestone pops up on your desk and you're like, wow, it trumps all of them, put them all together. It's got nothing on this particular milestone. What'd you do on the weekend, Joe? Just take us through it, Take us through it.
Speaker 4: I might have filled in for the Adelaid Wildcats see one's why why do you ask?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: And was it some sort of significant day? Was it a bit of a milestone? Was it something on the calendar? It should have been circle for family and friends?
Speaker 4: I played my one hundredth games.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, jeez, what are you talking, Banner? I have many tickets you have to get as well for fair friends. I know that's always.
Speaker 1: I'm super exciting.
Speaker 4: Like so many people came out to Court sixteen at Priceline Stadium.
Speaker 1: It was incredible. No, actually there was no one there, so we weren't invited.
Speaker 7: No did I miss that invite?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: I missed the invice? Well are there lockers at Court sixteen? Where is your name now engraved? On the locker, and what number.
Speaker 4: Are you guess how long it took to notch up one hundred games for my beautiful beloved Adelaide Wildcats.
Speaker 3: Well, usually I.
Speaker 2: Reckon sort of twenty twenty five games a season, like, if you really go through injury free, can probably knock it up in four.
Speaker 3: But I'd say max five years. What are we talking twenty five years? Five years? Very good? So here we go again. That's what they're talking.
Speaker 2: About, twenty five years.
Speaker 3: Who's county? Who was counting along the way?
Speaker 1: Someone was I didn't know.
Speaker 3: Did you tell them as you one hundred? Did they tell you?
Speaker 1: She told me that it was a thing in my defense.
Speaker 4: Okay, so if you average that out, that's four games of netbuller year.
Speaker 3: It's a really slow insteady.
Speaker 1: It is. It's consistent, though, you have to give it that. It's commitment, it's consistent. It's okay. Yeah, I didn't know it was a happening thing.
Speaker 4: But nonetheless I rocked up on Saturday and there were some big silver balloons with one hundred.
Speaker 2: That's good, you take that. That's really not a cake, not a bottle of.
Speaker 3: Champagn or, no, nothing like that. Just the balloons.
Speaker 2: Lucia makes a very good point. I didn't know about it. Why didn't no one know about it? How come we didn't celebrate? How come we didn't tell us?
Speaker 7: Why are we celebrating after the fact? Hang on, did you win?
Speaker 1: We won? Thank god?
Speaker 7: Factory story.
Speaker 4: Was the best thing about my one hundredth game for the Adelaie Wildcats is the fact that the opposition were last, So that was good.
Speaker 3: That was a good start.
Speaker 1: And also they only had six players, so.
Speaker 4: The duration of my one hundredth game, I didn't have anyone on me.
Speaker 3: That's perfect. That's perfect.
Speaker 2: That's what you get in your hundred and what I did like as well Jode's is that I saw it on social media.
Speaker 3: Greg put it up there.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes he did. And then I asked that, texting me what the hell where was the invite? And he said, all good, she's going to play our two hundred and twenty seventy six.
Speaker 3: I need to know, I need I need to know.
Speaker 5: I need to know. I need to know what's in.
Speaker 3: The news today.
Speaker 7: This is what you need to know.
Speaker 1: You know what you need to know.
Speaker 7: With Jody and Hazy sec turn.
Speaker 1: Bat Live contest.
Speaker 5: But those Adelaide fans Exerside confers it's a Premiership.
Speaker 3: Friend play Ooh you're damn right. It is gross fans getting pretty sad.
Speaker 1: It is so very hard not to get carried away.
Speaker 4: Okay, from your point of view as a sports reporter for Channel seven, how is the final series going to play out for the Adelaide CROs.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you right now the Pies are falling. Yeah, the Pies are absolutely fading.
Speaker 1: Get what's going on there?
Speaker 3: And what I don't understand as.
Speaker 2: Well is that's how we speak to all the experts who are very much based east in Melbourne. They're like, oh, I still like the West and Bulldogs. I think Brisbane are the best. You're like, why is everyone just ignoring Adelaide. They're on top of the ladder as we speak. Show them some respect and saying that, I'm pretty sure the Crows be very happy to go under the radar somehow, even when you're on top.
Speaker 3: Of the ladder.
Speaker 4: So if they finish top two, which they probably will at this point, how does the final series play out for them? So that's a home.
Speaker 2: They'll get a home final, yes, yeah, obviously get a double chance and they'll get a home final, So that's the perks of finishing the top two.
Speaker 4: That feels very hard to beat Adelaide Crows at home at the moment.
Speaker 2: It does so, and they've got at least two games which they're going to absolutely destroy on the run home. They've got West Coast and North Melbourne, which I'm not sure, Like Dead said, there is a chance that you rest a couple of players and still win quite comfortably.
Speaker 1: Do you rest Texts because.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know if you do rest text because he's on track to play three hundredth in the final game that'll be over in Melbourne.
Speaker 3: But still yeah, right, terms of males done, I think you probably.
Speaker 2: Want to do a milestone like that before you get into the finals, so you can really constraint on the finals. I'm not really sure they do have the pies in a couple of weeks though. Here that's gonna be huge.
Speaker 1: Okay, we are getting a little bit ahead of ourselves.
Speaker 4: But so were the airlines because Crows fans, dreamy of a grand Final birth are already preparing to buckle up for sky high airfares. So after that epic win against Hawthorne, flight prices were jacked up for the AFL Grand Final on September twenty seventh. So guess how much it's gone a costure on Virgin one way to get to the Grand Final upwards?
Speaker 3: Off, I'm going to say one hundred and.
Speaker 1: Twenty seven hundred and ninety one dollars.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry say that again.
Speaker 1: Seven hundred and ninety one dollars.
Speaker 3: No, ridiculous.
Speaker 4: Yeah, seven hundred and eighty five dollars on Quantus and three hundred and fifty dollars on Jetster.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: But if you want to go the week before, if you want to be like super prepared, flights are available for ninety nine dollars or seventy two on Jetstar.
Speaker 2: And what if you don't know someone over in Melbourne? You can't stay for free for a week and you got to pick yourself up for accommodations not cheap in Melbourne.
Speaker 1: What happens with hotel prices too.
Speaker 2: Well that's going to absolutely spark as well, I imagine, doesn't matter what happens. AFL Ground Final week in Melbourne would be out.
Speaker 4: Of control, absolutely outrageous. Okay, So if you don't want to fly, you can take the train.
Speaker 3: Nice days is Brenton raglis driving the train. Let's go ragging.
Speaker 1: I don't know that it's a steam train.
Speaker 3: I don't know what a journey that would be.
Speaker 4: So that costs one hundred and forty five dollars, but a daytime trip will take eleven hours.
Speaker 1: This is what I don't understand. Eleven hours. For goodness sake, you could probably drive there for quicker.
Speaker 3: Yeah, couldn't you. I think you could?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Or or you could take the bus from Franklin Street for just sixty five dollars, but that will take twenty one hours.
Speaker 3: Wow, four twenty four hours. What's going on? They push in the bus?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I just feel like them powered busk you.
Speaker 7: A hotel price?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: We go?
Speaker 5: Good on.
Speaker 6: Then I've just picked a random IBus Melbourne, one of the ones in the city.
Speaker 1: One of the fancy ones. Then loose igs are.
Speaker 7: Known as the family friendly and budget friendly.
Speaker 6: Yes, but if you fly on that Friday and so the Friday before the Grand Final Saturday night at the Grand Final Friday Saturday Night will start at six hundred and ten.
Speaker 7: Said the ibis in Melbourne six hundred and ten dollars.
Speaker 6: So if you are planning on going, maybe see if there's like a caravan site around somewhere near the OPG.
Speaker 4: We were saying this, this is price gougic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one hundred percent. Aren't their laws against that?
Speaker 2: Thinks to paint that sort of money to start the bin chicken dickas believable prices anyway, Lid's off, let's go gross support. It's got to get yourself there somehow.
Speaker 3: Jo job, That is a good job.
Speaker 1: Monday morning joke off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, best right, the best way to start. Wait, just a bit of a humor. It's a short little jet right in the fum bank you mau.
Speaker 1: Let's go in the bumb Is that your preferred method.
Speaker 3: It's a third spot too.
Speaker 2: When you're getting injection. I can't really feel it. Ah, makes your arms sort of dead.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you want injection, you won't right in the glute well, because there's so much muscle there, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, sometimes a fat as you know too.
Speaker 1: It's all you're on the assumption that you've got an ass, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was a little bit of extra skin there. I'll kick it off. Laddie's if that's all right? Sure? Ready to go?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 3: Well, my partner and I recently broke up. Oh can you believe me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably due to my obsession with football. It's actually quite devastating because we just ticked over three seasons together.
Speaker 3: Got I'd like.
Speaker 1: To go next, I'll go next.
Speaker 7: Don't have high hopes for me today though.
Speaker 1: Okay, did you hear about.
Speaker 7: The guy who got hit in the head with a can of lemonade?
Speaker 3: Sweet Jesus not.
Speaker 7: He was just lucky it was a soft drink. I see what you did that lemonade banter?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just feel like it when you need to woman explain your joke, it's probably.
Speaker 1: Not that good. I know, I'm okay. A man finds a lamb and rubs it.
Speaker 4: A Jennie appears and says, you have three wishes, but whatever you wish for your ex wife gets double. That's a very important part of the joke. The man thinks and says, Okay, I want a mansion.
Speaker 1: Puff.
Speaker 4: He gets a mansion somewhere. His ex wife gets two mansions.
Speaker 1: Fine.
Speaker 4: He says I want ten million dollars. Puff, He gets ten million dollars, She gets twenty million dollars. He pauses, thinks for a while, and then says Jeannie, I want you to scare me half to death.
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, good, it's not bad for the X wife and thank you so much. Shout GPS sealed section with tiff one from Jen's first Yeah she is overseas from ten years first back and ready to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can turn a mark onto anytime you like that. You're testing one, two, three, Good Morrow? How was Europe?
Speaker 9: Oh, Jingy's It was amazing because.
Speaker 1: It's so good, so good. You're so brown. I know, brown is a beaver. No, okay, you're browner than Andrew Hayes. I know because he doesn't see the sun anymore.
Speaker 2: No. Yes, And what I said to you off air was that because you're browner than me, you've got a more tam. It means you're clearly healthy. Though healthy, we shouldn't go by that logic. There's nothing healthy about a town.
Speaker 1: Okay, but it looks real good. Welcome back to h What you got for us today?
Speaker 9: This is one we've been musing upon relationship etiquette. I think it's a changing landscape. I'm not the expert on it, but here we go. Okay, back when I was an eighteen year old, was courting a boy. He was courting me and he said to me, point blank, will you be make gel fink? And I said, yeah, you're not in that voice. Yeah, we were chill dren teens, God, well you be my by whatever? I was sure, why not fast forwards? Now thirty plus a bit older, I'm in a beautiful relationship now. And when we entered into said partnership, those words weren't exchanged. Okay, we did have a grown up chat to say we'll be exclusive unto no others, but we didn't use the terminology boyfriend girlfriend.
Speaker 1: And then one day we just.
Speaker 3: Were ok so, how to go down? What was a conversation was that are we in a relationship or.
Speaker 1: We just knew? We just knew in ourselves. It was just implied.
Speaker 9: We had the chat to say I'm going to see you and no one else, and that was that, and then that just escalated into in love.
Speaker 4: I can't imagine there was a time though, where either one of you were seeing other people at the same time that you were seeing each other. Although I guess some people do that. I guess that happens, does it?
Speaker 9: Yeah, some people, for example, on the apps, they might be seeing multiple people dating multiple people and then they don't really know where they lie, or they just talking.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of talk these days. The kids say, we're in the talking phase.
Speaker 2: Did you on a dating app? We you're on a dating app before you guys become exclusive. Was your partner?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Okay? So is that Well?
Speaker 2: I think if you're if you're obviously seeing someone and you take yourself off a dating app, I'd assume that's probably solid sign.
Speaker 3: That you're into it.
Speaker 1: You can do not do it? They stay on Oh, dirty birds, dirty Bert.
Speaker 4: Can I ask you this question, Andrew Hayes, because back in the day down at glen Orchy Primary School, if I want to just like go out with a boy, it was very simple. It was you would write on a piece of paper will you be my boyfriend? And there were two little boxers, yes or no tick either one. Did you have that at Beckham Primary School?
Speaker 3: Well, I was a little bit different because.
Speaker 1: You were the only one in the year.
Speaker 3: I was the one the year above.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I didn't unfortunate to get a girlfriend to the round about the age of sixteen. But even when I was sort of sixteen seventeen, probably first couple of girlfriends it was a genuine look, will you be my girlfriend?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: So the question was asked, it was like it was a proposal.
Speaker 9: Yeah yeah, it was all now the old my friend likes you. Will you go out with my friends?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: You a good one?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Other good one?
Speaker 1: And if they say no, you go. I was just kidding. It was my friend mucking around.
Speaker 4: So you get you've got your mate to do the dirty week to do thirty twenty four ten?
Speaker 1: What are the rules these days? What happens?
Speaker 9: How do you know you're someone's boyfriend or girlfriend if you don't explicitly say well you be my boy friend like that in that tone?
Speaker 1: Yeah, how do you know? Or is it just when you know?
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 1: That was my experience, but I know for some people it's not.
Speaker 9: They'll they think they're exclusive, and then the fellas seeing four other cheap ladies on the side, How would you be?
Speaker 3: This is modern day relationship etiquette.
Speaker 1: Leah, did you have the chat?
Speaker 10: Oh my god, it's so funny. So I'm thirty nine.
Speaker 11: Divorced, divorced, we've both got kids.
Speaker 10: I've been seeing each other for a while and our friends have been going and he gave official and we'd had a few drinks one night and I got in the cabs and I was like, will you be my boyfriend? Yeah? And then in the morning I woke up. I was like, I did not say that. I can't feel and I pretended it didn't happen. And then like a week later, he came to my house and Okay, I've.
Speaker 11: Got to ask you something for a moment and I'm like well, and he's.
Speaker 10: Like, do you remember in this tacte? I was like yeah, and he goes long, going to ask you properly you be my girlfriend? And then now we have this like joke that like on my mum chat and stuff like my boyfriend's coming with me. Like at thirty nine, I have a boyfriend, not a partner. I've got a boyfriend.
Speaker 4: Is it so bizarre too once you've been married to go back to boyfriend girlfriends?
Speaker 1: Stated, isn't it?
Speaker 3: What I mean?
Speaker 10: Like the mom's group just laugh and laugh. I'm like, yes, my boyfriend is coming. When you're young, you try and how mature like my partner.
Speaker 12: But yeah, like I've got a boyfriend.
Speaker 10: And I'm really.
Speaker 3: You go, Travis, your professional opinion, what are we doing here?
Speaker 5: Look? This is from a bloke's perspective. But I think this is I thought back, and I'm happily married now, so it's obviously a formula's work for me. But I think when you start to leave the door open going to the toilet, that is when you can tell that a bloke really committed to you. I got to think of approval from his producure as well. He thought it was that was quite as well. So Hazy interested in your opinion as well.
Speaker 3: Agree with the Travis.
Speaker 2: So if you don't have to have a conversation and say we're together, if a bloke is comfortable enough to do that in front of you, then I'll tell you what he that's the way of a bloke giving you his soul. I pledge my soul by the way of you seeing me doing Can I just.
Speaker 1: Say, Travis, lucky ladies, aren't we?
Speaker 4: I mean, if that's romance is dead, if that's the sign that you are committed to us, then we're all in our luck, very lucky. Okay, good morning, Hayden, good morning. Okay, where are you at with this? See?
Speaker 8: I still try to ask the question. But the last couple of people that have sort of dated when I have asked a question. Have said that it's more of an hick to ask the question.
Speaker 3: Oh, okay, I see Hayden's old school. Is that old school romantic back in the day. It's just trying to do the right thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't win, Crystal, Good morning, good I.
Speaker 11: Love the show, guys. So it's really simple. It's when you can turn up at their house unannounced.
Speaker 4: Without fear of them being with someone else in the house, you know what I mean.
Speaker 11: And when you can turn up at the house without them being uncomfortable either. So when they're just happy for you to rock up at any time, for you to rock up their house. I figured this out previous relationship. We've been dating for about three months. We weren't exclusive at the beginning on both sides, which was fine, and I did tell him it was like a Thursday. We woke up together and I said, hey, busy on the weekend. But when I finished, you mind if I come around? He goes, you can come around anytime, and that boom the point I knew that he wasn't making plans with other people we work together.
Speaker 3: There you go, that's nice, all right, Okay, that's good.
Speaker 4: That's a good sign. Charlotte from North Adelade. Good morning, Charlotte, Good morning, good morning. How does it work these days?
Speaker 12: Charlotte, So, as a twenty year old, it's a little bit different. Once on a time, it used to be in school, Will you be my girlfriend? Will you be my boyfriend?
Speaker 3: Order to pitch rock?
Speaker 12: Yeah, a little bit more today it's a bit more are the exclusive? Are you going to be upset if I get with anyone else?
Speaker 3: What's the go on that?
Speaker 12: And it's a bit less of the girlfriend's boyfriend question.
Speaker 1: I love that expression, are getting? What do you even say to that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? That's nice? All right? Well, I think we're learning. We're learning a lot of.
Speaker 1: Things, isn't it with anyone else?
Speaker 9: At lest they ask you? Some people just getting don't even ask. That's nice, isn't it. That's good etiquette.
Speaker 6: Yeah,