Speaker 1: Lots outside. Good morning and welcome to Outsiders. The show that is to woke identity politics and climbate hysteria on steroids. What fronting up to the press is to poor old UK Prime Minister Keir Starmer take some questions from the media. I've got a lister Harry from the PBC.
Speaker 2: First, please thank you, Prime Minister, Thank you, Prime Minister. Harry Farley from BBC News. The speed of the decline in your popularity is historically unprecedented. Isn't this speech today an admission that you have failed and Najer Farage understands voters better than you.
Speaker 3: Yes, it doesn't hear that poor Kir Starmer can't turn a trick these days.
Speaker 4: I've got Peter from the Guardian.
Speaker 2: On the wider issue of the opposition when I'm facing do you think one of the problems is that Nigel Farage can approximate talking like a human being, where you just resort to talking points and touching questions.
Speaker 5: Wow're so faurther than that.
Speaker 6: Meanwhile, the problem facing the Liberal Party in Australia can be summed up in just one short little interview on where else but the ABC.
Speaker 7: Most of dragons believe climate change is real, and we have to deliver energy policies that ensure that we reach zero targets and that we deliver stable power and power that is as cheap as possible.
Speaker 1: Oh dear Yes. And while we all wait for the Liberal Party to decide whether it is a far left socialist loving party of renewables grifters or the party of Sir Robert Menzis, who not only loathed socialism but refuse to sign Australia up to any globalist treaties. Let's grab the latest outside as News, Richard James. Let's talk about a few lefty lovies, ladies of the left. We have Grace Tame, an Australian of the Year who is also apparently reter a Nike ambassador. She seems to have some strong political views she's been reiterating on social media.
Speaker 3: Yes, she's become one of Nike's brand ambassadors. So it would be a fairly lucrative arrangement. I would think Nike, well, one of the biggest sportswear brands in the world. And not only is she posting some very strange things online, the usual anti Israel stuff about apartheid and the like, but as the Australian reports much worse the former Australia of the Year's endorsement of a Palestinian writer, Mohammed l Kurd and a message he published last week that appears to condone the murder of two Israeli embassy officials in Washington. I'm going to read directly from this message. The media class scrambling to reframe the shooting the targeted to Israeli state officials as a random anti Semitic attack. Tame reposted to her two hundred and sixty thousand followers, even though it was undeniably and by the alleged shooter's own admission, a response to the ongoing Israeli assault on Gaza, which killed one hundred and seven Palestinians in the last twenty.
Speaker 8: Four hours alone.
Speaker 3: I mean, it is just an astonishing thing to be reposting seeming to condone minimize this horrendous murder of two innocent young people, and using the shooter's own words as some sort of a explanation or beyond.
Speaker 6: To me, it's actually worse than that, because if you go further into the report about what came retreated by this el Kurd person. El Kurd Also, this amazing here said about journalists is what the Australian reported reporting on the incident, that those who called the murders anti Semitic Hello were in Kourgsword complicit in this genocide and should be.
Speaker 5: Held to account.
Speaker 6: That is an absolutely chilling thing for somebody to say. And I would love to know what Nike is thinking about.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that's the key thing. I mean, I would say to all outsiders viewers, you know what to do because you know we've done it before. And you show brands like Nike what you think of them if they're going to support people like Grace Tame and have her as an ambassador. Another repost of tweets reposted by Grace Tame basically, we're about the lead legitimization of Jewish supremacist ethno nationalism. So some wacky ranting, some character ranting about whatever it is, Jewish supremacist whatever, Nike, this is your ambassador people of Australia. Stop buying Nike. It's really really simple. There is a direct equivalence. And if Nike see their sales go down, they will be punting Grace Tame faster than you can say, put your running shoes on, So Australia do it. Don't allow this sort of rubbish Stapen Nike, rack off, go away, we don't want you while she is your ambassador. Go away, run your shoes somewhere else. We'll buy another brand. There's plenty of other ones out there. Add Heed asks, I can name them all New New England, whatever they're called. Go buy them instead.
Speaker 6: Can I just make also the point here that this whole murder, this horrific murder that occurred a couple of weeks ago in Washington, people aren't talking about this anywhere near enough. This was what appears to be target assassination of two Israeli embassy workers on the base of the fact that they worked for the Israeli empty This was it seems to be by all accounts, a political assassination. And you have an activist class it seems to be cheering it on, and it seems to be. You know, we saw the killing of the healthcare CEO last year in the US. His alleged killer, Luigi Manjoni, was turned into a sex sibyl. And then this again we see these sorts of target assassinations and say people on the left, Nazi Grace tape. But other people on the left say, you know, oh, well it's okay because this person was the CEO, this Persson work for the Israelly EMC. This is a road towards a very dark place that the left is taking us.
Speaker 1: They have already been down that dark place the left. Yes, national socialism, the Nazi movement grew out of the left. Communism is just extreme leftism. Socialism, all these totalitarian authoritarian regimes rita that are quite happy to espouse killing people as if they don't adhere to the ideology have grown out of left wing movements in the past. That's a simple fact.
Speaker 3: Well, when you don't respect a freedom of choice and individual liberty and you have to force people to abide by whatever norms socialism or commune is enforcing, well you need to use force. How also are you going to have people abide and submit to that ideology? So it can only be achieved through force. And the left relationship with violence has become far too comfortable, and it's mainly because they.
Speaker 8: Get away with it.
Speaker 3: There was one riot from the right and they talked about it for five years. The January Sea we never talked about it, but the BLM rights throughout America caused around two billion dollars worth of damage around more than just more than two dozen people killed, hundreds more bashed, really city blocks burnt down, looting, just mass violence and very little reckoning for any of that corporate company lining up to donate money to be Every.
Speaker 1: Week on social media you will see some lunatic calling for the assassination of Donald Trump. They made two attempts, and they're still going on and on about the you know, the left of them as violently extreme left. Obviously not everybody of the left, but there is a nasty, sinister thread of hatred that runs through the left, and it leads to this sort of express well, I mean.
Speaker 6: Back though further though, Rowan, you know, and you're right to mention the Nazis' right to mention the communists. This is a thread in Western civilization, comes out of the Enlightenment, that goes all the way back to the French Revolution. The French Revolution was the first legitimization of violence against whole classes of people because they stood in the way of the revolution that would take people to utopia. Ever since then, whether it was the communist utopia or the Nazi utopia, any of these utopias that the left tries to get to by exterminating anybody who gets to the way, Whole classes of people. You know, you see this tragedy repeated again and again, the sort of thinking that glamorized as the killers of a healthcare ceo or to Israeli embassy workers because they are part of the you know, a speed the way to utopia. This needs to be called out and it needs to be resisted.
Speaker 1: To use a word on the left, but let me just say, it's only on outsiders that you will get from gracetand to.
Speaker 5: The French Revolution.
Speaker 1: But that's why, heck, we love it.
Speaker 3: There has been some fairly worrying polling recently in the States, and it shows that there is a sizeable portion of those who consider themselves liberal as they call it, they're left leaning, who are comfortable with acts of violence against their ideological opponents, who think the means justify the ends.
Speaker 8: And that is that is.
Speaker 3: A worry because, like you said, we've already had two assassination attempts against the president when he was running to be president, and even then so many were openly saying, if only you.
Speaker 8: Know the shooter was more accurate or.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we have that eighty six forty seven nonsense last week. But I want to move on, but let me just reiterate, because it's really really simple. If Grace tames retweeting of these comments sickens you as it does me, you have to make it very clear to Nike by either canceling your order with them if you happen to be in the position to do so, or not buying them and choosing their competitors. People these marketers look very closely at sales. They will link any downturn in sales to what Grace Tame has posted on social media. So until they fire her, sorry, Nike, you won't be seeing a penny from any outsiders. I can promise you that. Now, moving on to another woman of the left, Laura Tingle, and I always confuse Laura Tingle and Lara Bingle, but that's just me. One of them was in Scott Morrison's Tourism ad and the other I wrote the Australian Financial Review. I can't remember many great stories, great news stories that were broken by her, but anyway, maybe there was that.
Speaker 5: I do remember.
Speaker 1: She seemed to think there was a racism that Peter Dutton was racist. There was a little bit of that. There was one comment, she's now decided that the Coalition of clown show. She's stolen my line, she's stolen my segment on clown show. She's now calling the Coalition a clown show. Obviously Laura is a fan of this show.
Speaker 5: Likely you know, their imitation is a serious for a flatter.
Speaker 6: I mean, there is one sort of you know, where you could hold up the current situation of the Coalition and say that Laura Tigle has actually gotten it right about this particular instance of the last you know, two weeks or so.
Speaker 1: So she's left, so she's now going to be the global correspondent or something or other for let's have a lesson to Laura Bingle.
Speaker 9: Sorry Tingle, seriously, I mean, these people are irrelevant for the next little while. You know, they you know that they're a side show, they're a clown show. And the fact that their personal ambitions are just so blatantly out there basically disgraceful because we as taxpayers are paying for them to be looking after the interests of their voters in their electorates and to be looking after the national good.
Speaker 1: Now outside of viewers maybe wondering who Laura Tingle is. So let's ask Laura Tingle's colleagues at the ABC, who are very impressed by her. Have a listen Sports Texas. Hello, Danna, how would you describe Laura Tingle?
Speaker 8: Smart?
Speaker 10: Tough, dedicated, hard working, relentless, won't take any crap from anybody.
Speaker 4: Laura is both wonderful and terrifying, formidable, formidable and formidable.
Speaker 1: Where do I get a Laura Tingles show? Question? What we paid for it?
Speaker 6: We're paying all a billion dollars to the ABC and every time, you know, anybody even thinks about going near there. But oh no, you're gonna like get rid of Blue and you're gonna shoot Blue. You're gonna have bluely put down or you know, you're not gonna get this. You're not gonna get regional radio or ulster stuff if they've got the money to produce crap like that, which I think also you know, gets very sales, very close to the winds for the ABC and their charter, which is about.
Speaker 5: Being unbiased and being.
Speaker 1: Daily.
Speaker 6: You know, this is a great one for whoever's left of the coalition. When the Senate finally kicks off, again at Estimus to start asking questions about who made this, how much did it cost, and what does this have to do with the ABC's charter.
Speaker 1: And what's it going to do with anything other than the fact she's moving from one job indulgent.
Speaker 5: It's unbelievably self indulgence.
Speaker 1: And I think we should do some outside as ones. I think James and I should do retapanah t shirts and do it. James, what do you think of retapana are and tougher in the business. She's the best.
Speaker 8: I think it's a fantastic idea. I want to produce.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, We'll get all the right lighting and we'll do a great job. Now let's talk about more women, conservative women. If it peaks Rita, exactly where are the conservative women.
Speaker 5: They've all been.
Speaker 1: Ditched by Susan Lee. She's gone, no, no, no, I don't want this conservative women in my shadow cabinet or clown shows. As Laura Tingle.
Speaker 3: Called it to be odd to be demoting people like just into Napa, Gimper Price or Sarah Henderson. I mean, we know with Senator Ovist, Senator Senator Price that she is amongst the most popular politicians in the country. One of the more impactful ones. So why, when you have been diminished so much in this election, would you not want to have someone like her, who's a heavy hitter, who cuts through, who speaks to people who are not obsessed with politics day in and day out, who who and that why she was so successful during the Voice campaign.
Speaker 8: To me, it seems petty.
Speaker 3: It seems to be she's being ruled by the factional forces, or she's just picking up people who she's ideologically aligned to. And we know Susan Lee is a small l liberal and I think that counts against her. But if we're going to give her a fair shot, you've got to.
Speaker 8: Call out these selections. I just think you can't.
Speaker 1: Go Senator Nambijima Price. She's a warrior, and a warrior with a scalp who actually has won a victory, a major victory, single handedly virtually with Warren Mundane won the Voice campaign. You want warriors on your side. If you're going to bring defeat the Labor government at the next election, you need your warriors.
Speaker 6: Well it's not just I mean, it's not just Senator Price, but that's you know, the number one, particularly when Sarah Henderson was in the shadow communications portfolio before she moved to education. You know, she's an x ABC herself. She knows how that joint works. She was a devastatingly effective shadow communications spokeswoman. She should be in that portfolio again. And there was a moment earlier this week when Susan Lay was announcing the whole big Cabinet on Tuesday, and you know it was supposed to be at twelve, and there was gonna be a one, and there was gonna be a two and then finally are two forty five or something. They finally, you know, got got it together to go and do it. And there was a whole awkward thing with Susan Lay and David Little Proud there, you know, in the Coalition party room at Parliament House, and somebody asked her if you know this was about squaring up and she said, oh no, no, this isn't about squaring up at all. And you could almost hear, like in a movie, a narrator saying it was a square up.
Speaker 5: This was totally a square up.
Speaker 3: Yes, Or is it the the paper pulling the strings? The usual suspects that we speak about.
Speaker 6: Off on this, Well, this isn't question one of the really interesting things. That's going to bear a lot of watching for everybody. You know, all the outsiders out there, is what do they do about net zero? Lea people who are behind the scenes who are backing the New South Wales Moderates very much want the coalition to lay down on energy policy and say, oh well look it's settle science to selling. We're going to just go with labor stuff. Because of course, you know, there's an awful lot of people in the moderate wing and in the New South Wales wing of the Moderates who don't really care about winning. They care about protecting the renewables grift from any sort of billion dollars everybody who's waiting the liberal body.
Speaker 1: As I said, net zero is socialism. It's the only way to describe it. Net zero is a collective action done to a kind of long term government plan, like a five year plan, a twenty year plan, whatever it is with targets. It is pure socialism and his ideology trump any kind of sound economics and individual suffer. The Party of Menzies. Menzies himself was against socialism, and Menzies was against signing international treaties which you are then beholden to which would have a detrimental effect on your people. Net zero is absolutely counter to mensis. It is pure socialism and any Liberal, any Coalition member who supports net zero is a socialist and does not belong in that party. Have I made myself clear?
Speaker 3: But can I say one thing about this? It's not just the Liberals the Nationals. The Nationals who should be a lot more sound ideologically and know who they are and what they stand for, they still haven't come to a decision on where that party stands on net zero.
Speaker 8: If you can't figure this out now, I don't know what we can do to help you.
Speaker 3: You belong in the lorientngles clownship grace net zero twenty twenty one and they've lost two elections in Landslide since. If you want to continue down that path, be my guest, but there won't be much of you left.
Speaker 1: And every support, every conservative, very supporter of the Coalition in Australia must recognize and must speak to their local member because the Liberal Party and to an extent the Nationals, but far less so, the Liberal Party is beholden to, as James said, renewables grifters. That's who's pulling the strings and unless the Liberal Party gets its act together and cuts those strings from those renewable grifters, they're no better than the Teals. Don't vote for them. That's all I'll say.
Speaker 6: Look, I was going to say one other thing. You know, you talk about socialism. Yeah, that's right, but I think actually it's kind of a way worse because it's actually corporatism, you know, yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 6: The integration of these sort of business interests with government interests, and of course the little guy always loses out. This is actually what got the Australian economy moving in the nineties again after the recession, was getting rid of that influence. The same thing needs to be done again. Will the Coalition have the courage to do that?
Speaker 11: I have my doubts.
Speaker 1: Well, they have to, and this is really critical. And I tell you, if Susan Lee wants to survive to the election, she has to abandon net zero. It is that simple. Because this rift is going to split the Liberal Party in two. We're ere they going to end up with a National Conservative Party which is made up of the Nationals, the best of the Liberals, the conservative side of the Liberals, one nation. We're about to speak to One Nation's News Senator in a tick you don't want to miss that and others Libertarians and so on. That is what we will have if the Liberal parties stay wedded to net zero. That is what's coming down the track. That is what the renewable drifters are going to make happen. And it'll be a great tragedy for the Liberal Party and its history. But that's what's going to happen. Net zero is going to split the party in two. It will either split the coalition into or the Liberal Party will wake up very very quickly and abandon net zero. Pretty simple, It.
Speaker 8: Is pretty simple. But I just can't see Susan Lee being the leader.
Speaker 1: And she won't last. She won't last. It's that simple. And you know we've said it here and guess what, we tend to be right more often than not. Now, I know, I predicted a Liberal landslide at the last election. That's when they were riding high in the polls and could have won had they listened to this show. Had they listened anyway, that's another story. Let's go now too, Warwick Stanley the new This is very exciting news. Okay, So Warwick, great to have you here on outsiders. You're sitting and you're sitting in an airport loumb somewhere. I don't know if anybody's told you. You are now the new South Wales one Nation senator. So congratulations, we're very we're very pleased. Now I'm going to be I just want to introduce you to the Australian public. You went to Europe at the age of twenty one. You became fluent in French before then becoming qualified as an interpreter and a translator in German. You speak Spanish, you speak Japanese and some other languages. As David Flint wrote in The Spectator Australia, you went to Sandhurst. You joined the Parachute Regiment. You served as a troop commander with the SAS. You served in Northern Ireland, Berlin, the Middle East, Central America and Asia. You later served in the Australian Army Reserve in the Commander Regiment and specialized in kidnap, extortion and insurgency skills that will come very handy in the Australian Senate. You've also worked for a number of years as a military consultant in the Middle East and on the Indian subcontinent. On top of that, Warwick, you've written for the Spectator Australia, so I mean that's obviously the high point on your resume. But now you are a one nation senator. Congratulations Warwick. How does it feel you?
Speaker 12: Thank you very much, Rowan, and thank you for that, for that introduction. It feels great. In fact, I learnt about this on Friday morning and from that time my phone went into meltdown really with people telephoning me. I was receiving text messages and emails and so on, and of course I was struggling to respond to those and to reply to every one of them. And it was, it was, it was great news. I mean I hadn't been expecting it because of the the way the election had gone on on the on the night of Saturday, the third of May, I just thought there was too much weight with the with the with the Labor Party and their preferences, and also that there wasn't there weren't enough votes for the Liberal Party and that their preferences and certainly the Conservative preferences wouldn't flow to one nation. So I was a little bit despondent, but nevertheless, at the at the party that we had that night, I and two other colleagues, Stuart Bonds who stood for Hunter and Ann and with her who stood for Patterson. We made a little speech each and we just said that we will continue to fight, and we will continue to fight for Australia and for Australians inside one Nation. And and then of course four weeks later, almost four weeks later, the results come through that we have two more senators in Western Australia. So I'm very grateful to the voters in New South Wales who put their trust in one Nation and also for those voters who preference one nation. In order to basically get one nation a senator in a senator in the Senate, we.
Speaker 3: Warrick, you're the One Nation is the most successful of the minor parties on the right, but that right flank is fractured a number of minor parties. Is there an opportunity before the next election for these parties to form a coalition and actually have a bit more impact in determining elections Because on the left there's great voter discipline, the Green preferences go to labor, whilst on the right they don't necessarily end up with a coalition, and you could argue that's a wasted vote.
Speaker 12: Look, I certainly understand that, Reta. And it was very interesting hearing what you're talking about earlier with Laura Tingle, and she was talking about personal ambitions as if that applied only to politicians, and of course I should should add that it certainly applies to her. I think in her career, every other journalist on the ABC, they have their personal ambitions and their personal agendas. With regard to the right, the Conservatives, part of the parties uniting, it was interesting that the Libertarians hooked up with People First and Heart Party, and at some of the debates that I had with Craig Kelly and Lyle Sheldon, it was suggested that we should all do the same thing. And the point that I made was that, well, I'd be very happy to do so as long as I was number one on the ticket. Rebecca Thompson, who was number two on the on the One Nation ticket, was number two, and I said after that, you can fight it out amongst yourselves, be four, five and six, and so I would suggest to those parties that as One Nation is the strongest party, and I think we are in a much strong obviously in a much strong position now and we can we can certainly push our agenda and make ourselves known better even than I mean, Pauline has done a wonderful job. She's probably the most well known woman in Australia. But we can push the agenda, let people know exactly what we stand for, that we are the true Conservative party in Australia, and we would be delighted for the supporters of the Libertarians and People First, for the Family First and Heart parties and all those minor parties to join with us and to either join with us or to get behind us and do it do it the way I said. So, whoever is the next number one Senate candidate for one nation and the number two Senate candidate, then I invite all of those the other party applicants to get behind.
Speaker 6: Us Senator or senator elect. A Road gave you a phenomenal intro here, and there's a lot of fascinating things.
Speaker 5: In your background.
Speaker 6: I don't want to have a policy, but I want to ask you more about this background that you have had in the military and dealing with insurgencies and dealing with hostage situations. So on what skills do you think that you picked up through the course of that illustrious and fascinating career that would be you could bring to bear in this very sort of contentious and complex operating environment that you're about to head into in the Senate and in Parliament House.
Speaker 12: Well, thank you.
Speaker 13: Yes, I.
Speaker 12: Have had a very unusual career, and I have to say it wasn't necessarily planned, but I always wanted that kind of life when I was young. I just couldn't articulate it and didn't really understand how it would play out. But I'm grateful for the opportunities that I've had. I think I think that to answer your question, I after a long life and a long time on the planet and also working in very specialized areas and high risk, high high high reward areas, the reward being staying alive and or getting getting hostages out, I have a healthy, very healthy skepticism, very healthy almost disrespect for experts. And I see that in our bureaucrats. I see that in our politicians, and because of circumstances, perhaps because of certain qualifications that they may have, they are elevated into positions where they could be they should be, perhaps, but I think their lack of life experience. Their lack of real experience shows. And a perfect example would be the crisis management plan, the Federal government COVID Crisis Management Plan. I've got all of a copy of that. I got ahold of a copy of the New South Wales Crisis Management Plan. I used to write crisis management plans for a living for kidnap, for ransom, for extortion, for piracy, Somali piracy, for other life threatening incidents and so on. Look, it's not rocket science, and it's actually the principles are quite simple if you learn from good people with good experience, clever people, people far cleverer than I. Put all of these principles together many years ago, and they were distilled and have come down. And I have to say that the crisis management plans that were prepared for Australia for COVID were an abominent. They were I don't know who wrote them, but whoever it was probably had a PhD in crisis management. But it never ever conducted a live crisis case and didn't understand the decision making process, didn't understand the policy process, the prostidures process, the various strategies and tactics that can be used. And although the Crisis Management Plan to a certain extent is a bible, it's a guide and guides are therefore to keep you on track if you like. But I think with experience you then know when you can step over the track when you need to do something different. But without that experience, I've seen it. I saw it in Afghanistan with the experts there who got it completely wrong and allowed themselves to be These are the Americans allowed themselves to be derailed by the Pakistani Isi. So this is during the eighties when the Mujahadeen were seeing off the Soviet army. So I have a healthy disrespect for experts, for people in positions of power who tell me this is how it is, this is how it should be, And I certainly will be quicking to those people and demanding an explanation that I understand. If I can't understand it, it's nothing to do with me and my perhaps lack of intellect. It's the way they're explaining it, or in fact, it's a lousy idea, it's a lousy principle.
Speaker 1: Well, Warwick Stacy, you're going to have all those skills tested and more in the Canberra environment, you are entering into You thought hostage negotiating was tough. Wait till you meet the Canberra bureaucrats. Great to have you on the show. Congratulations again Warwick, and have a great time there in Canberra. We'll speak to you again soon after the break. Reader's reality check. Stay here on outside, it's back in a tech.
Speaker 3: You're watching Outsiders with your host Rowan General Dean James Field Marshall Morrow and I'm readA Panney and you may know me from such programs as The Reader Panehy Show Monday to Thursdays and Lift is Losing It on Fridays. Soon we'll be looking at the world of net Zany with more renewable projects acts. But first, remember the days when the US military was deliberately weakened and demoralized, with leaders who needed preemptive pardons to escape possible prison terms for treason. The day is when the likes of this shameful character were holding positions like Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
Speaker 14: I want to understand weight rage and I'm wait and I want to understand it. So what is it that caused thousands of people to assault this building and try to overturn the Constitution of the United States of America.
Speaker 11: What caused that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was the thoroughly discredited General Mark Millie, who saw morale plummet, recruitment numbers plummet, and let's not forget. He also claimed throughout his tenure that Joe Biden was as sharp ast attack, no cognitive decline at all.
Speaker 1: I would just.
Speaker 15: Tell you that I meet frequently with the President, and every single time I meet with them, he is just fine. I engage with him frequently and alert, sound does his homework. If the American people worried about an individual who is you know, someone who's making decisions of warren peace and has access to you know, makes the decision of nuclear weapons of that sort of thing, I think they can rest easy.
Speaker 3: Please absolute lies. That was late twenty twenty three. Yep, he was on in this willing participate in this great Biden cover up. He knew precisely what the president's state was. So with leadership like that, you're going to understand why the US Army kept falling short and dangerously short of its recruitment targets. These are the sort of ads they ran to get young Americans to risk their lives for their country.
Speaker 8: It didn't go too well.
Speaker 16: Although he had a fairly typical childhood, took ballet, played violin.
Speaker 8: I also marched for equality.
Speaker 16: I like to think I've been defending freedom from an early age. When i was six years old, one of my mom's had an accident and they left her paralyzed. Doctor said she might never walk again, but she tapped into my family's pride to get back on her feet, eventually standing at the altar to marry my other mom.
Speaker 8: Can you believe those ads didn't work? Gentlemen? Can you believe it? But those days are well and truly over.
Speaker 3: Trump's election triumph in November saw a huge surge in the number of NEWGAL recruits, and those numbers have stayed high ever since, and expect to see another sharp surge with this ad released in recent days, voiced by Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseeth and President Donald Trump.
Speaker 8: America's back.
Speaker 17: No more distractions, no more electric tanks, no more gender confusion, no more climate change worship. We are laser focused on our mission of war fighting.
Speaker 18: We will measure our success not only by the battles we win, but also by the wars we end. And perhaps most importantly, the wars we never get into.
Speaker 1: It's called peace through strength.
Speaker 18: Through our power and might, we will leave the world to peace. Our friends will respect us, our enemies will fear us, and the whole world will admire the unrivaled greatness of the United States military. We will replenish the pride of our armed forces and the recruitment crisis.
Speaker 17: We don't fight because we hate what's in front of us. We fight because the bubbles find us.
Speaker 18: God bless you, God bless our enfords, you, God bless our men and women serving overseas, and God bless the United States of America.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: I don't know about you, gentlemen, but I think I need a cigarette after all that. That's how you restore pride in an institution, how you inspire service and sacrifice and love for your country. Peace through strength. That's the mantra. And it's entirely consistent with Donald Trump's America First strategy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, great stuff, Rita, Well, yeah, James looked like he wanted to sign up there. And then it's fantastic, What a great ad, What a difference a different president makes. Just got the news in that the governing body of the South Australian that Liberal Party has voted to get rid of net zero and more importantly, to call on the Federal Liberal Party to ditch net Zio service game on. Well done to the South Australian Libs. They've had enough of it, quite right, and this will not end until net zero has been abolished by the coalition. It's very very simple.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean good on the South Australian city here at New South Wales. I have absolutely no hope that we might see something similar out of sea.
Speaker 1: So they will keep losing. So they will keep losing. That's as simple as a and.
Speaker 8: They will keep it.
Speaker 3: Is so frustrating because South Australia in a very short period of time has shown how you can reform the Liberal Party. So the membership actually determines.
Speaker 1: Young people are coming into that young talented people are really good.
Speaker 3: They are attracting quality candidates, which is what you want. And we had the coalition reform. You know, we were told it was going to take three years. That were back together within a couple of weeks. Like some dysfunctional couple keeps, you know, breaking up and getting back together. There could be another breakup, but there was all about these four non negotiables that the Nationals wanted the Liberal Party to agree to.
Speaker 8: But really the core issue is net zero. That's what's going.
Speaker 1: To sense tectonic plates shift split the Liberal bar.
Speaker 6: The other issue there too, let's not forget, was also the Devi little proud leadership was in a hugely weakened position there. There was a challenge against it. It didn't work out, you know, and so he had to basically crash the whole party to reset his own leadership. It was an unbelievably irresponsible thing that he did, because he's chatted the coalition over this and then put it back together. Made them all look like a bunch of clowns, and you know, gave Laura Tinkle the great opening that we just spoke about before. But Rita, I wanted to talk though about your editorialm because it's really really important what you're talking about here.
Speaker 5: The the you know, need for the.
Speaker 6: United States and all of her allies to have really strong defense. You know, we saw defense was again squibbed by the coalition. They didn't announce their policy until the very end. But Labor's budget, you know, only brought forward a bit of spending. Now there was an remarkable story here where the Australian strategic policy is to This is the foremost defense think tank we have in this country said hey, you know, Labor, we're not doing enough. We radically need to increase our defense spending. The world's a very dangerous place right now.
Speaker 5: The Pacific is going to.
Speaker 6: Be the flash point for that danger. And what is Anthony Alban easy Well, instead of saying, you know, we respect that advice and look, we're gonna do everything we can to keep Australian safe, he says, oh, well, have a look what he had to say here.
Speaker 19: Well, that's what they do, isn't it has to be. I mean, seriously, they need to I think have a look at themselves as well and the way that they conduct themselves and debates. We've had a defense strategic review, We've got considerable additional investment going into defense.
Speaker 6: This is the classic Anthony Alban easy line. Oh well, my opponisation, take a look at their conduct here, their conduct for doing what Prime Minister looking at Australia's defense spending finding that is willfully short. And I would note that just the last twenty four hours our own Defense Minister, Richard Morris met with Pete Headkseth the US defense sector he's counterpart of the US and has come back said, yeah, look, we may actually have to up our defense spending. The Trump administration wants everybody spending three percent and GDP. I think that's perfectly reasonable, you know, because we cannot be freeloaders, free riders and hope that the US comes to our defense.
Speaker 8: Those days are over.
Speaker 3: Donald Trump's not kidding around with his America First strategy. He does not want to be financing the defense of the entire globe and held and should he And that's what he was voted, that was the platform he campaigned on.
Speaker 8: That's the mandate he has. And the American taxpayer, why would you want to?
Speaker 3: And every bit of coverage we see, whether it's about the tariffs, whether it's about defense spending.
Speaker 8: It's as if Donald Trump is our leader. No, he's leading for his people, and he's picking policies that prioritize their interests.
Speaker 3: Hopefully our politicians will eventually do the same thing, but we've got to have some level of reality those days.
Speaker 1: That reality has come. According to Pete Haigseth, who was speaking at Singapore, which is where he met up with Miles and speaking of misterial, he's warning that you know, China has its eye on Taiwan and the Americans are sitting there, that this will develop very very quickly. I don't want to be a fearmonger, but it's not looking great.
Speaker 6: Can I just say one more thing here too, because the way that Ethne Albdi is he carried on about these experts who are on our side. There are people there are Australians, you know, saying oh, they need to look at themselves. Did you hear any such tough talk from Albis saying, well, you know the Chinese, the trench comments party Jijien Ping needs to take a look at how they conduct themselves where they were circumowd.
Speaker 1: When they were circling around the country missiles that you don't hear any of that way.
Speaker 3: As passenger jets had to be redirected because they were coming down here aggressively without telling us that we're here.
Speaker 8: I mean that whole episode.
Speaker 1: We had to rely on Virgin Airlines to tell us what was going on militarily around us. And for years Australian defense has been pretty pathetic and the money has not been there and it needs to be there. You're absolutely right.
Speaker 8: It was a virgin pilot.
Speaker 5: What's going on?
Speaker 1: They're making a movie now. Something else that was interesting to see was it Welcome to Country. A Flinders Island Council had tried to sort of ease back on the Welcome to countries, but no, they've gone ahead. They're going to keep on doing this. This is another issue where the Coalition were woefully pathetic during the election. They should have been fighting very very strongly on this whole issue. Penny Wong spilt the beans. We're going to have truth and treaty telling on the way. We had no old Pearson telling us that this week, Oh yeah, it's all back on. The Coalition were utterly pathetic during the election campaign on this issue. Some councilors put forward a motion at the Tasmanian Council's meeting on Wednesday, but failed, So there you go, Welcome the Country. Still sticking around with that particular council. Let's also talk about the Melbourne Comedy Festival. Males car Bar Freeze set this up back in nineteen eighty seven with Steve Weisart and Peter Cook came out from England. They set up the Melbourne Comedy Festival. It's now one of the great comedy festivals, or certainly by scale and by size, but I don't think by laughs. And the problem is that they started canceling people like Barry Humphreys for his views on transgenderism, for a couple of comments he made.
Speaker 8: They've got the Barry.
Speaker 3: The award was called the Barry and they got rid of an absolute disgusting cowardice. And you know what, the laughs aren't there like they used to be.
Speaker 8: The money isn't there.
Speaker 3: They're getting quite a big hand out from the state government and yet they're still recording losses. So there's a question mark about you know, well, the Comedy Festival have to be scaled back. And the director there is talking about, oh no, we're not all left wing, but we just don't like to punch down. It's all about not punching down. You know what comedy should be one about being funny. I don't care if you're punching down up sideways, as long as you're bringing the laughs, I'm okay.
Speaker 1: The moment the director of the festival is telling you what you should or shouldn't be doing in comedy, it's all over, it's finished.
Speaker 5: This was the other bit of struct the moment.
Speaker 6: International Festival is fishing blah blah, As the flagship events director says, participating comedians are expected to be respectful and cards respectful.
Speaker 1: And god sorry, this is uh.
Speaker 5: You know this is going to be the Soviet Festival.
Speaker 6: It's like, well, here's your approved list of things you could make fun of, but you.
Speaker 3: Don't have respectful and kind to say Christian or.
Speaker 1: Or just tow the party line.
Speaker 8: Really yeah, very very slow select respect.
Speaker 1: We're going to go to a show break. We'll talk more about this later on and after the break. Net Zany, lefty lunacy, whackademia, so much more here on Outsiders Innity, Yes, net Zany, The insane world of net zero. The South Australian Libs have now said yep, let's let's get rid of net zero. So has Nigel Farrage over in Britain, next Prime Minister of Britain, next document and Number ten Downing Street. Have a listen to what he has to say.
Speaker 20: If we win the next election, we will scrap net zero, something that is costing the exchequer an extraordinary forty billion plus pounds every year.
Speaker 1: So Donald Trump scrap net zero, net New Zealand to scrap net zero, Britain will scrap net zero, Little old Australia. Why didn't we Why don't we hear from the coalition the cost of net zero to Australians If it's forty billion pounds per annum in Britain, Trump said it was, however much hundreds of millions of dollars. What is the cost of net zero? Why aren't we being told we're paying it on our electricity bills, We're paying it through subsidies. Can somebody please tell us the cost the Aussie butler needs to know deserves today.
Speaker 3: And none of those countries you've just mentioned are blessed with the natural resources we are, so for us, it's even crazier to be going down that road because we should have the cheapest energy prices anywhere in the world.
Speaker 8: We are blessed.
Speaker 3: We are blessed with enormous amounts of gas, coal, uranium. We've got everything here, and yet our citizens pay some of the highest electricity costs. It's crippling manufacturing and it's only going to get worse if we keep going down this road. It is twenty thirty years time that will look back at this period and think we were all mad.
Speaker 5: Well, it is completely mad. You know.
Speaker 6: It's not only the thousands of dollars more we've seen on our power bills than many thousands of more that businesses. Small businesses by the way, really really really hurt the most of this because they don't have the cash flow to absorb these things. You talk to somebody like Dilie who represents a Western Sydney about what small business cafes, restaurants. It's the cost of refrigeration and freezing and gas and all of that massive. They can't absorb those costs and get passed on to consumers who can't afford to go out anyway, and it's this vicious cycle. But you know, on the other end too, the things like I don't know why they didn't say the Liberals we are going to ditch the capacity mechanism, which is basically the carbon trading scheme for the top companies, you know, which is again this huge impulse. This is something that hits at every single level of the economy. No one's articulating it, certainly you know the UK and the US. The other thing too, we have to talk about this is they don't have bands on nuclear power either, so they get that as well. This has been an incredible act of self harm. Australia has, as people Greg shared in a good warning, heading down a path towards mediocrity. And a large part of the reason why we are heading down this path to mediocrity is because everything costs you mutch, because the power that goes into it costs too much.
Speaker 1: And in the run up to the election, when Peter Dutton had every opportunity, when Donald Trump pulled out of Paris to simply say, look, if we win government, we will look at the Paris Agreement because obviously everything has changed now. Instead he said, oh, we signed a treaty, so we're going to stay with it. How did that go for you guys? A mensies was against signing treaties. B just run that result past me again. What happened with the coalitions? Yeah, it certainly was a land I got that bit right. It was a landslide to labor.
Speaker 3: Give the Australian people a choice in twenty nineteen was the last time they had a choice. When he came to energy policy and the coalition somehow won the unwinnable election.
Speaker 8: Yep, yep, And it was in large part to do.
Speaker 1: Because they said they wouldn't go down that zero.
Speaker 3: Ruleing that came out again this week showing that the majority of Australians prioritize cost over emissions. And we know that even if the polls don't show that, you can sell that when any people purchase an airline ticket.
Speaker 5: Of course, there's a bigger point here too.
Speaker 6: I'm glad you mentioned that coalition result because you know, in a few weeks time, in a few weeks time, all of the coalition MPs are going to go to camera and they're going to sit on their benches the opptions mentions, and they're going to see this wall of labor. And for the past several weeks and for the next several weeks, we're going to hear over and over again from commentators say, oh, it's because.
Speaker 5: You turned too far. I'm sorry, no one can tell me.
Speaker 6: I've asked a lot of people who've written some of these columns and said, where did they go really hard right? They didn't go hard right on that zero you know, when it was the welcome to the country thing, Peter Duttin, everybody says, oh, well, he was.
Speaker 5: Making a culture the country. He said, welcome to the countries were important.
Speaker 6: So I mean it's like you can't find some sort of area where they were prosecuting some crazy cultural Okay, fine, work from home. Oh well, okay, fine, but you know beyond that, like this is an election where they fought on no principles at all.
Speaker 5: Essentially, they didn't stick.
Speaker 3: To any principles, which was to outspend labor, all that labor.
Speaker 6: They turned left ed. You know the liberal parties who say they need to turn left and these people would never vote for the liberals of the Liberal.
Speaker 1: Party did what HQ Liberal Party did in the elections. They said what aboutsiders said today that we should do Okay, let's do the opposite. They did that for the entire election. Came in whatever sky News suggested that, particularly this show suggested they did the opposites and they lost. Why fascinated they Let's let's talk some positive news. David Chris Fooley criticized him in the past, but he's doing a great job days. Probably the pre eminent liberal now in Australian politics. Canceling acting a gigantic wind farm. Another wind farm closed this week because you know, they're shutting down or they're not investing in them. They've axed this one billion dollar wind farm because people are waking up to the reality that it is nonsense. Chris the phil is also bringing back coal, putting more emphasis on cole and so on, as well as gas and other things. James King, Charles, King Charles.
Speaker 5: Yes, what has King Charles been up to? Well, he's been up to wandering.
Speaker 1: Around Welcome the country knowledgement the Algonquin tribe.
Speaker 6: Canada, apparently because he was in Canada, and he opens the Canadian Parliament.
Speaker 5: With this land in golfment.
Speaker 6: It says it's unseated, I think, which suggested he's a sovereign of an illegitimation.
Speaker 1: Sovereign. He handed over sovereignty to the Algonquin. If I were a lawyer, the Algonquin's lawyer, I've been seeing there going you beauty, Yes, yes, give it to you. It's and you know, talk about welcome the country. This is what will happen if Charles comes here again. They'll do the same thing. It's insane indeed.
Speaker 3: But on the ned Zany front, he also bred that on about climate change, as he often does, and then he took a twenty seven car motorcade to the airport. Absolutely so, as always with Charles, it's not do as I say, not as I do, because there's a man who likes to take helicopters for very short distance.
Speaker 1: Of course, take a short break back in a ticket on outside his lots coming up. Not Hello, you're watching Outsiders with Rita, the Righteous Panah, James in Jesus's footsteps, Morrow and Rowan preaching to the converted dean. Yes, the right to proselytize, to preach, to seek to convert people to your religion or point of view, to stand on a soapbox and rant and rave and espouse your point of view proudly and passionately is a cornerstone of Western civilization, of Judeo Christianity, and of democracy. The street preachers were a feature of ancient Greece and Rome. The soapbox at Speaker's Corner in Hyde Park was always one of the delights of a trip to London. I also remember when I lived in London in the eighties. You couldn't escape Hari Krishna and that character who used to wander up and down Oxford Street with a large placard proclaiming that excessive lust was caused by eating too many nuts and protein. I think that was his message now song. As such individuals don't physically pester you, but rather rely on the eloquence or the power of their message to engage you in conversation, then that is a part of our civic life that we should treasure. Not in modern Australia. However, on Thursday last Thursday, a Sydney Street preacher attempted to merely wander around our most iconic public square, the forecourt to the Sydney Opera House, simply holding a small placard that read Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life, and then in smaller print, no one comes to the farther exits through me. He did not have a megaphone or even a milk crate. He was not even using his voice, just simply wandering around a very open space, not interfering or disturbing anyone, simply holding a small and unobtrusive placard. The preacher, his name is Mike McCarthy's a bit of Alarica and he has his own YouTube channel. It's called Mike with the Mic. On Thursday, however, he wasn't using any kind of microphone, simply a handheld sign as you saw. And yet, first of all, Sydney Opera House security guards ask him to go elsewhere on the grounds that he was breaking a by law which says people cannot quote distribute or display by oral, visual, written, electronic, or other means an advertisement, sign, bill, poster, or other promotional material end of quote on the Opera House premises I'll get to that biler on a tick. But when Mike refused to move away with his sign instead of just leaving it at that, the Opera House security called the police. And here's what happened next. I've edited it down, but you'll get the gist of it. After the police told Mike to move on, he asked what the crime was. They've tried to be reasonable.
Speaker 4: Okay, tell me what the crime I've done. Police, you're not well, I've done nothing. No, you're going to have to tell me what I'm doing wrong, or I'm not going anywhere. Yes, you've already told me there's no move on direction going to happen here, and I'll become argumentative with you as well. But unless you can tell me, unless you can tell me what I've done wrong. Yeah, this is Australia.
Speaker 13: This up.
Speaker 4: The Constitution of Australia says I can preach religion anywhere in Australia. All right, that's all I'm doing. And I'm not even doing that. I'm just walking around looking at that.
Speaker 11: What are you going to do?
Speaker 4: You're going to arrest me.
Speaker 5: I don't want you at this point.
Speaker 4: Well you can if you like, because I'm on principle. Well on principle, I'm not going to leave because I'm an Australian citizen and I do it.
Speaker 8: You can do it.
Speaker 3: If I can't.
Speaker 4: If I can't walk anywhere in Australia with this sign, there is a problem. All you've said is you're going to arrest me for walking on this land with this sign.
Speaker 1: Is that what you've said? Is that?
Speaker 4: What you've said, is that what you've said I can't have The sign.
Speaker 1: Wasn't over yet. The security guard jumped back in, although he was keen not to be photographed.
Speaker 4: Of course I can do all that, but this is this is this is for our protection.
Speaker 20: Of course.
Speaker 1: In the end, Mike toddle off, but a few points have to be raised. This confrontation was entirely unnecessary. Did the security guards really have nothing better to do than to call the police into harass this character? But then came the giveaway. This was primarily primarily about authoritarianism. The security guard even admits as much, unbelievably, saying that the problem was not the sign, but the individual who did not immediately obey instructions.
Speaker 4: You're going you're going round in circles about me doing something wrong.
Speaker 21: You wouldn't talk to me at stage one. You wouldn't talk about colleague at stage one. It's not the sign as much as this your.
Speaker 1: Jan It's not the sign so much as it's you, and there we have it. I frequently observed that one of the very worst aftermaths of the appalling COVID tyranny years is the petty and bullying and often cowardly authoritarianism of those with even a hint of power. By the security guard's own admission, the police were called wasting valuable police time to argue with an individual who literally posed no threat to anyone or anything near the opera house steps because he had dared to question authority. In fact, he even repeats that admission.
Speaker 21: I wanted to stop and talk to you about this and read it. You know what, when you're moving around and you started arguing with me, that was the issue.
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, and.
Speaker 21: You're no, I'm going to keep walking. I'm not talking you well, getting saying your recipe if you want, You're being argument in public in front of all these people in front of me. Okay, that's the issue.
Speaker 4: That's an issue.
Speaker 1: Can you bear it? And then, just in case there's any doubt that this is simply about the exercise of authority rather than say common sense or a genuine question of security or a public nuisance or whatever, the security guard reiterates his power once again.
Speaker 4: I'm just going to walk off because you say so. You're going to prove to me. You know, you don't have authority over me.
Speaker 21: I don't need authority over you.
Speaker 1: But on this side, it was the great writer and TV personality Clive James who made the astute ovation that the problem with Australians is not that we are descended from convicts, but rather that we are descended from prison officers. And that's what we had here. Yet again, Australia has become the land of the petty authoritarian, eager to exercise power and authority over anybody they can. The land of red tape, green tape, black tape, the land that closes beaches to non indigenous people, and the land that stops people climbing its mountains and rock formations. The land of the petty bureaucrat. We saw it last week with Naji chu here on outside as the owner of the Excellent restaurant, Lady Choosing King's Cross, being hounded by Sydney City councilors over some pot plants on the pavement. And of course we saw a time and time again during the COVID years, the endless hounding and harassing and even arresting of citizens who dared to defy idiotic regulations. The opera house confrontation lasted another ten minutes, with the police and the security guards accusing Mike the reacher of being in breach of the by laws because he had a sign that was advertising Jesus and he was attracting attention.
Speaker 22: Here point is this your trusting attention, So even though you're preaching, were.
Speaker 4: Accord of course from a directing attention.
Speaker 1: In the end, as I said, Mike headed off and the cops and the security guards, no doubt filed their reports about a job well done. But by now, of course, what had occurred to me about this particular event will no doubt have occurred to you. If you are an overseas viewer, the steps of the Sydney Opera House might ring a bell. Yes, the very spot Mike the Preacher was turfed away from by these over eager police officers and security guards for holding a placard advertising his beliefs was the very spot of Australia's greatest night of shame, the vile Due Hatred of October ninth, twenty twenty three.
Speaker 23: Phone right.
Speaker 1: Yes, the very spot where the cops were hounding Mike for holding his harmless Jesus sign was the very same spot that saw the most grotesque scenes, including crowds chanting obscenities towards Australian Jews, waving flags and placards and calling her all sorts of religious chants. The Jew Hatred, on display on October ninth, twenty twenty three, long before Israel had gone anywhere near Gaza, was described by the Spectator of Australia as a program at the opera a night of infamy in New South Wales and Australia's policing history. No arrests that night, No security guards banging on about Bylord's being breached. Nobody being harassed for waving massive flags and placards and letting off flares and screaming vile abuse in one of us Stra's most iconic spots. No heavy security dudes exercising more authority and getting upset about people arguing with them. In fact, the only person the police did arrest that night was one single man carrying a Star of David flag. You cowards, you bullies. This is the disgraceful reality of this country in twenty twenty five. The authorities ignore and even plicate the most vile racism and due hatred to the extent of hiring an acoustics expert to claim them mob were chanting where's the Jews? Rather than something far more sinister. But hey, how dare Nigi Chu put some pot plants on the pavement? How dare Mark Spirou carry in Israeli flagged? How dare might the preacher wander around with a placard advertising Jesus welcome to the land of the cowardly, bullying, heavy handed, petty authoritarian bureaucrat. Heaven help us all. Former Trump senior advisor Christian Whitten joins us. Now, great to see you, Christian. As always, we've been talking about hag Seth, Peter HeiG Seth, the all we've lost.
Speaker 5: Have we got him?
Speaker 1: Have we got him? No, we can't see him. We're just getting anyway, We're going to ask Christian about what we're talking about. Peter Heigseth, who has said that China is ramping up its intentions on Taiwan. As we were talking about James and Reader earlier, this is critical to Australia's defense. James, Well, Robert.
Speaker 6: Actually I wanted just to go back to Troy for a moment if I made just for Sister. You mentioned the Sydney Opera house steps and that infamous demonstration being beamed around the world. When I was in New York two weeks ago, I was at an event and I had Jewish New Yorkers coming off to me and saying you live in Australia, said yeah, what is going on with the anti Semitism in Australia. This has gone around the world. Nearly two years after that event, are still talking about it and they're bringing it up to me, I was mortified as an Australian edit America. Well, same that is that this is the situation, this is the reputation we now have absolutely around the world.
Speaker 3: Well, I was in Israel in December and precisely the same thing. When people learned that our group was from Australia, the first thing that would that would mention was the anti Semitic incidents, and comments were made, do you hate Jews like all the other people in Australia. They think it's a widely held position, just because there's been so many of these.
Speaker 1: And then on top of our COVID reputation, poor Olzoe Muller, a young man who was thrown against the ground, and all those events our reputation and we are, let's face it, we are we are heading down a very ugly authoritarian country. Was certainly not the country that I grew up in. We've got Christian written with a Christian great so we had a technical glitcher. I think it was the Chinese might have put one of those bugs off one of those cables under the sea or done something or other. I joke. Of course Christian. We were talking about Peter Hegseth. So he's been in Singapore, the leaders or the Minister's conference there on defense. What is the position? You know, Rachas showed earlier brilliantly the new ad for example, at the US military have put out shining. You know, they're back on top of it. All the work stuff is gone. How serious is the threats from China to Taiwan.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's a mixed bag, I'd say with Hegzeth.
Speaker 23: On the one hand, this is something that's been going on literally for twenty years. It was twenty years ago Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld.
Speaker 11: Who worked for George W.
Speaker 23: Bush, went to the Shangri La conference and warned about China's increased military spending. It's interesting how much clearer and more concise we've dispensed with the happy talk that China's rise may be peaceful. And heg Seth said, if China invades Taiwan, there'll be dire consequences.
Speaker 11: That's pretty clear language.
Speaker 23: The flip side is is that the Pentagon hasn't really changed a lot. It has changed as far as getting rid of the dei stuff, the politically correct stuff, the woke stuff, bringing back the warrior ethos but the idea of canceling obsolete weapons systems that would be extremely vulnerable in the conflict of China, dramatically repositioning US and allied forces in the Pacific.
Speaker 11: Some of that's going on. A lot of it preceded, hegseeth.
Speaker 23: Of course, Tokyo is nearly doubling it spending on defense. There's the US Australia UK agreement. So certainly some good signs that people are getting serious about the threat and the Pacific. And China probably looks at what happens to Russia. And even though Russia has survived all the sanctions from the Ukraine War, it's unclear with China's economy if it could. But you know, we're still in this position where China isn't really deterred.
Speaker 11: They've been put on notice, but you don't really know what they're.
Speaker 5: Going to do.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: Donald Trump's attention is definitely on China or on a number of fronts. He's put a ban on Chinese students with any ties to the CCAP from studying at American universities.
Speaker 8: Tell me about that, because that would have shook up the academic world.
Speaker 23: Yeah, that's a big step as well, because of the say million foreign students who study at US universities, fully a quarter of them or China, and they pull pay full tuition unlike most Americans.
Speaker 11: So you know, it's hard. It's likely that most of these people have links to an elite.
Speaker 23: If you're in China and you could afford that much money, you probably at one point or another have a family.
Speaker 11: That's touched by the CCP and these displays.
Speaker 23: Of course, Americans and others from universities universities love it.
Speaker 11: It's a cash cow, but you have to.
Speaker 23: Ask, does Harvard with an endowment of fifty billion dollars or Yale with an endowment of forty billion dollars they really need that much more.
Speaker 11: Money, especially if it's coming from China.
Speaker 23: And this will probably be a good way to put pressure on the Chinese government because they may have to talk up China's future for domestic consumption. The reality is, if you look at their kids, they're out trying to get US passports or passports from other countries and they're not studying in China.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, that's a really interesting point you make there because one of the criticisms and this ties in what you're saying to Australian universities as well.
Speaker 5: Christian.
Speaker 6: You know, we have the situation where universities have stopped being about educating the students of the country that they existed, and they become more sort of hedge funds and migration agencies with classrooms attached. Because what I'm seeing, and I'd love your thoughts on whether this is what's happening in the US, you know, because as you say, these migrants or people coming in with the student visas, they see this as a path to residency and citizenship, and then the university gets to scoop up some money along the way. But you know, we know that sometimes education doesn't necessarily happen in the process. Is this a bigger chance to reframe and refocus these universities which are having a big crisis with things like you know, junk science and junk studies and you know, kids coming out without degrees that are worth anything.
Speaker 23: I think that's right, and that's what Rubio and President Trump are up to here.
Speaker 11: Because the theory originally was.
Speaker 23: That people are going to come to America or come elsewhere to the West, or come to Australia out of China.
Speaker 11: They're going to breathe the sweet air of freedom about democracy, and then they're going to go back home. Yes, there's some exceptions, as you just noted, and didn't go back home and tell they're commedy friends and this will change China.
Speaker 23: And the problem you just mentioned a lot of political correctness and curbs on unalienable rights that you have in the problem with American universities, a lot of them are anti American. Actually, you know, different applies to a different part of the world. But one of the key figures of the Muslim Brotherhood studied in the United States and it didn't make him pro American, and it made him hate America more.
Speaker 11: That's one thing. And even if people don't hate.
Speaker 23: America, just the idea that they come here get technical skills and then go back and use them in China and they're not promoting democracy or a more placid China.
Speaker 11: So that part of the equation just isn't working.
Speaker 1: Christian, I just want to play you a clip of Trump and watch particularly the smile of satisfaction on his face. So he's reading out for the media to report on good economic results. Have a listen from you know, Joe Kiernan and Rick Santelli just just came out, and we'll just play that for a second. Personal income is eight ten, eight.
Speaker 5: Tens of percent.
Speaker 1: That is almost triple the expectations.
Speaker 5: I'll tell the income the income numbers.
Speaker 11: Really for the first four months of the year, there's stellar.
Speaker 1: So at the at the end of the day, Trump will be judged on the American economy above all else. So how is the American economy going Christian?
Speaker 23: As it points out, And that was on an NBC media property, So this is a very anti Trump, left wing media property c NBC. But you have personal income going up even adjusted for inflation, and that was something that happened during the first Trump administration and did not happen under Biden, where the middle class all way journals actually were set back by inflation that moved faster than wages. Also, just general gross national product looking good, and everyone said, oh my god, you know, tariffs are going.
Speaker 11: To raise prices. It didn't happen.
Speaker 23: Prices are stable and imports actually declined. So everything that the doomsday or said would happen isn't happening. Now there should be a green light for the Federal Reserve to cut interest rates because there's no, inflation growth is a little bit slow, and you have some storm clouds on the horizon and they're not going to do it. You have a federal Reserve that I think wants to tank the economy to hurt Trump. Trump's putting a lot of pressure on Jerme Powell, of course, the FED chairman, to change course.
Speaker 3: The inflation numbers were fantastic that just came out in the last couple of days. But I want to ask you about this judicial insurrection, as it's been just about every single Trump policy seems to be have an obstacle throwing it's away by some activists judge appointed by a Democrat. How's the administration going to deal with that, How they're going to actually do what they said they were going to do when they're frustrated at every step.
Speaker 23: Ultimately, I think they're going to win because I think this is really exposed that the mid levels of the judiciary remain very activists. They're not just interpreting laws, they're trying to invent laws, trying to make laws that the legislative had, or trying to usurp powers that the Constitution gives to the president. But the Supreme Court you still do have six people who think the Constitution means what it says, a sixty three conservative majority. I do think Trump will lose on one thing the summer, which is birthright citizenship. I think the Constitution just plainly says if you were born here, you're an American.
Speaker 11: Trump has tried to refute that through executive order.
Speaker 23: He loses on that one, but everything else, I think all the powers of the residency has power to enforce immigration law, to revoke status of countries, like say everyone from Venezuela is a political dissident.
Speaker 11: That's no longer true. That's what Biden said. Now, if you're the high.
Speaker 23: Level of the Venezuelan opposition, yeah you're a refugee. If you just came here from Venezuela and want to upgrade to your life, I would probably be one of those people. But the fact is it wouldn't make me a legitimate refugee.
Speaker 11: So I think Trump ultimately wins. It's going to take some time.
Speaker 23: And this really actually, you know, agitates conservatives and Trump voters who might sit out midterm elections next year to really go hard and make sure that Republicans pick up seats in the Senate because that's of course where you get judges, conservative judges, confirmed times.
Speaker 6: And need all my life, you know, in America, I always knew that from a kid that judges were the thing that you know, made it. That's what rated was all about. But I want to talk though about foreign policy just a little bit too, because we've seen some interesting complexities. Shall we see here? We've seen this seeming sort of rift between the Trump administration and the Netanyahu government in Israel over questions whether or not to attack Iran and also around Gaza. At the same time, we have seen Trump taking a far stronger line on Vladimir Putin after his continued attacks on Ukraine, after you cease fire talks and all that.
Speaker 5: Sort of thing.
Speaker 6: Walk us through where the Trump administration's foreign policy is going, because I think we don't pay enough attention to this as he tries to undo two of the great disasters that befell the world during the Body administration October seventh being one, and of course the invasion of Ukraine being the other.
Speaker 23: Right, I think there's really too much emphasis. So maybe the White House has some blame in this. In a breakthrough deal with Russia and Ukraine and a break through deal with Iran. The White House and I was just there yesterday, is sending very positive message messages about a deal, a nuclear deal with Iran. Steve Witkoff, the negotiator, has sent a latest version to Tayhran. And it all comes down to the question of reprocessing fuel and enriching fuel in Iran, whether it happens or not, So we'll see what they say. I'm actually more doubtful, but I think that Trump's first term approach, which he's doing now, which is pressure on Iran, maximum pressure.
Speaker 11: Probably would be just fine.
Speaker 23: Similar with Ukraine, it was always unlikely there's some magical word salad that will get the Russians to change their view of national interests or to get the Ukrainians to accept the reality that they're not going to recover all the land that Russia has won at great expense.
Speaker 11: So those two things may just have to go on.
Speaker 23: It's unfortunate because in the case of Russia and Ukraine, it means more killing. But amid this, there's a successful foreign policy, which is a strong America, America's that's not apologizing for itself, a military that's no longer woke, and in the Middle East, a recognition that the power is between the free world countries like the United States and Australia that still have confidence in themselves and those Gulf powers.
Speaker 11: It's not in.
Speaker 23: Cozying up to Iran, which is what the previous administration did. So I think if you if you walk, if you step back from the deals. And also there's a huge of course trade realignment going on. Talks with China are going nowhere, but that what that means is I think US allies are in a very good.
Speaker 11: Position to have durable, lasting.
Speaker 23: Agreements that are good and that that are a key part of the Trump foreign policy success.
Speaker 1: Christian, I'm glad you mentioned word salad because I wanted you to know that we just had Kamala Harris out here doing a conference, and I think that's one import from America. We'd like a high a tariff on. Thank you very much if you're going to send us any more of your work politicians. Is that Christian? Always great to chat to you, and we chat again. Varies saying thanks so much. After the right James is don't keep it lots more here on Outsiders, Thank go way, let's tick.
Speaker 6: Well, Hello, you're watching Outsiders, James Morrow here as always with your hosts Rowan, doctor Phil Dean and Rita Agony Aunt Pantahy. And what a big old week it has been. I mean, the week kicked off with the greatest French humiliation since imagine no wine. When the world watched French President Imaniel Macron caught a shove or a slap or at least something pretty unpleasant from his wife Brigitte, just as the door to their plane, Air Force OOH, landed after.
Speaker 5: Landing in Vietnam.
Speaker 6: And well you just know that after seeing this, Donald Trump, who has let's just say a bit of experience one where the other when it comes to marriages, would have something to say about this.
Speaker 5: Here is the President in the Oval office.
Speaker 24: Friday this week there was a video on board a plane that showed the first Lady of France slapping her husband, Emmanuel Macrum. Do you have any world leaders, world leader marital advice?
Speaker 4: Make sure the door.
Speaker 6: Remains sound advice there, especially as Makron's stunned mullet look suggesting that he had no idea that a helpful cabinet tendant was about to swing the door open.
Speaker 5: Isn't it great though?
Speaker 6: To have a president now who answers questions from the press rather than just mumbling along while reporters shouted him as we had with Joe Biden.
Speaker 5: Meanwhile, they're in the Oval Office.
Speaker 6: Elon Musk, whose time as the Doge Father has come to an end after his position as a one and thirty day special government appointee, timed out well.
Speaker 5: He was there in the Oval Office too.
Speaker 6: And he didn't hold back dealing with a fake news report from the New York Times.
Speaker 24: There is a New York Times before today that accuses you of blurring between.
Speaker 5: New York Times.
Speaker 25: Is that the same publication that's got a Pulitzer Prize for a false recording.
Speaker 5: On ont of the Russia Gate? Is Is it the same organization?
Speaker 1: So I think the judges.
Speaker 26: Ruled against New York Times for their lives about the Russia Gate hoax, and.
Speaker 14: That they might have to give back that fulidzer price for that New York Times Let's move on.
Speaker 6: So bad, my friends and any center right politicians are watching this morning. That is how you deal with those sorts of gotcha questions.
Speaker 5: Rule number one, call them out.
Speaker 6: Rule number two, don't let your enemies in the press determine the terms of engagement. If only some of our local politicians had that sort of gumption when it comes to say the ABC. But when it comes to dealing with the media, no one in the Trump white House is more of a star performer, I think, than Trump advisor Stephen Miller, who is a living, breathing deportation machine. Here he is jousting with CNN Pamela Brown.
Speaker 27: Do you think a judge should just rubber stamp what your White House does? If not, what checks and balances do you think should be in place for this White House?
Speaker 28: When you say do we think district court judges should rubber stamp each action, there is a premise that is built into that that is absurd. The president is the sole head of the executive branch. She's the only officer in the entire government that's elected by the entire American people. Democracy cannot function. In fact, democracy does not exist at all. If each action the president takes foreign policy, diplomatic, military, national security has to be individually approved by seven hundred district court judges.
Speaker 1: That's democracy.
Speaker 28: So if there's fifteen communists crazy judges on the court, that each of them, as a team, working together, can block and freeze each and every executive action, communist crazy judges.
Speaker 5: You gotta love it now. Miller, also in.
Speaker 6: That same interview, had no time for CNN's failure to use the correct terminology when it comes to the word undocumented, which is just Orwellian news speak for illegal.
Speaker 27: Undocumented migrant sent a letter threatening to kill the president, promising to self deport after the assassination. Seeing in reporting shows that investigators believe the migrant was set up. It was a victim of a setup. What is the administration going to do now? And this is an undocumented immigrant. I do want to note that, but this was someone who came forward, was a victim of a crime, and now law enforcement believes he was set up.
Speaker 28: Go ahead, I want to clarify what you mean. So we're talking about the same thing. Are you saying this this immigrant was here illegally.
Speaker 11: Yes, but I am.
Speaker 27: And that's why I said that.
Speaker 28: I clarify them said it just said undocumented, and I wasn't clear what that means. I'm assuming they have a fake ID. If you assuming they have a fact that's neither here.
Speaker 27: Ita Steven Ah, Yes, that's how it does.
Speaker 6: And by the way, it is on this issue of the question of whether calling them illegal or undocument migrants, or hey, let's just let it down the middle and say people who shouldn't be in the country in the first place. This is where the left in America absolutely falls apart. Now I want to take you to Martha's Vineyard, which is, of course, one of the toniest old money lefty holiday spots in the United States up there in New England, and one where you'd be hard pressed to find any support for Trump. So if I told you that when ICE agents made raids on the island and made forty arrests, including authorities, say of an MS thirteen member gang member and a child sex offender, well the good left leading people of Martha's Vineyard would be up in arms if you thought that, Well, guess what you'd be right.
Speaker 15: I think it could be any of us next.
Speaker 1: Martha's Vineyard resident Jane Catch held a sign yesterday at the Vineyard Haven terminal warning visitors.
Speaker 22: The island has a history of supporting people who are different, supporting immigrants.
Speaker 5: Huh, that's funny.
Speaker 6: Martha's Vineyard a record of supporting immigrants. It's funny because back when Florida and Governor Ron DeSantis sent a few dozen illegal migrants to Martha's vineyard. The locals there couldn't wait to kick them out and say goodbye, Oh blessed. But weren't they so diverse for forty eight hours. Look, I don't know if the left there on Martha's vinyard really had the courage of their convictions. They should have offered to let those Ms thirteen gang bangers and sex criminals come around and do a little gardening, mow the law, and maybe look after the kids. But no, that would involve being consistent. And when it comes to the left, well we just can't.
Speaker 1: Have that, can we. Great stuff, James, We've got a Biden clip as well. Let's have a look at this. This was just I think yesterday or the day before, Joe Biden back out there again.
Speaker 13: There's also been a lot of discussion recently about you were mental, mental and physical capabilities while you were in office.
Speaker 5: You can see that mentally incompetent.
Speaker 13: Do you want to reply to any of those reports and also to the fact that there are some Democrats who are now questioning whether you should have run for reelection as the first place.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't know Row and Peter, I mean Rita, and hey, it's not a joke. It's not a joke what he's saying there. Joe Biden is all I think he's talking about Jake Tapper, Jake Tapper's co author of this book that's basically been talking about.
Speaker 8: He thinks he can physically beat them.
Speaker 6: I don't know he could beat well.
Speaker 5: And he still thought Rita that he could be Trump. He still he was.
Speaker 6: Illusion as well as everything else. I mean, I think the two kind of go together. But you know, it's just it's you know, you hain't saying it's practically just sort of sad how he's trying to sort of still cling onto this when he has been disgraced, when he has been outed, when the family is a mess, when he's had to pardon his own son, if it was him and not the autopen doing it for a hunter, you know, with the autopan who knows, you know. So the whole thing that's really fascinating to me is that now suddenly that the Bidens have no power, the spell is gone, the spell is broken. You know, all of these people in the media, Jake Tapper and everybody else who were saying oh no, no, what they do on Sky News Australia, it's fake news, it's cheap fakes about Joe Biden. Well now they can suddenly say, oh, yeah, look we knew all along the guy was gaga that he was well.
Speaker 3: None of that, like it's some investigation, but stuff we've been saying for five years. But they're not looking that closely, James, because they're not looking at you mentioned the auto pen who was making those decisions, because it wasn't that guy who was determining who was going to get a pardon in the final days of his presence.
Speaker 8: Well, are those.
Speaker 3: Pardons even valid given that he as the president, he has to be the one to make that decision. And we've also learned the enormous influence Hunter Biden had in the Biden administration. This coke adult whore enthusiast was acting as a chief of staff assorts.
Speaker 6: Essentially, Rita, we are now hearing all sorts of things. I mean, the first thing you got to say is that the press, who are now suddenly in Washington, the press Corps saying oh look.
Speaker 5: You know, suddenly who knew? Why did we ask the question?
Speaker 6: These guys are like arsonists who then show up in the fire department to help put out the fire.
Speaker 5: That is all they're doing.
Speaker 6: There should be like a law, you know how criminals when they commit a crime and they can't make money off of a.
Speaker 5: Book writing about the crowd.
Speaker 6: All of these jernos who covered for Biden said it's fake news that he's you know, losing it and all of this other stuff. And now they're cash again to try to get big fat royalty checks and save their reputation. It's bogus. But on the question of who was running the White House, you know, this is such an important question. This week we've had not only revelations, but what Hunter was doing. Jill Biden's chief of staff was also a big, big player. It has been Jill, Jill Biden's chief of staff, so the first Lady's chief of staff. It sounds like some sort of late.
Speaker 5: Automated court sort of struggle.
Speaker 6: In that place with all these different factions knifing each other.
Speaker 1: Try and wait for the movie control the auto pack. Yeah, wait for the movie. Count wait for it. After the break, Andra clown show in a tick roll up, roll up, step right this way, Ladies and gentlemen, it's the wackiest show on Earth. It is, of course, the Canberra clown Show, home of zero fanatics and the climate coats who infest every single corner of the Burley Griffin Big Top like a plague of Bogan mar Now, before we begin our merry tale, allow me to take you back to the heady days of nineteen eighties synthesizer pop bands like d Reem and Dare. Now that new wave keyboard player was none other than the young Brian Cox, seen here appropriately on the far left of your screen, who went on to find fame and glory not as a pop star with this group Dare, but as a BBC stargazer and popular Telly astrophysicist explaining science to the kiddies.
Speaker 29: I think that life is the most fascinating, naturally occurring phenomenon.
Speaker 1: In the universe. Brilliant insight. Yes, well, I guess you can't argue with that. But what you can argue with and Dare I say you should argue with, is there's this nonsense that Brian Cox spouted here on the ABC all the way back in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 30: It's actually suggesting that by twenty twenty four, one point five degree increase is on the cards now well, which puts us very close to the critical.
Speaker 29: And that's a prediction of the models. But actually in the first the early months of twenty sixteen have already shown that, so we don't know how twenty sixteen is going to continue. This is now a clear global problem. The absolute, absolute consensus is that human action is leading to an increase in average temperatures. Absolute consensus. Can't I know, you may try to argue with that, but you can't.
Speaker 1: Yes, that was our stress all the way back in twenty sixteen with Brian Cox, who became a bit of a hero to Tony Jones. They're making all sorts of dire and grim predictions for twenty twenty four last year, none of which, to the best of my knowledge, ever eventuated. But the person he was arguing with and trying to convince was, of course, the devilishly handsome One Nation Senator Malcolm Roberts, who never played in any pop bands as far as I know, but was returned this week by Queenslanders to the Senate for another term. Malcolm Roberts remembers the encounter with Brian Cox very well.
Speaker 31: Within the first week or so of being in the Senate, the ABC invited me to onto its three flagship programs, Insiders, Late Line, and Q and A, trying to pressure me. Even they even brought out science communicator Brian Cox to open a Q and A program challenging my views. They promised to have all of the evidence. They brag about the mountains of money they have or the mountains of proof, yet if you ask to see it, they never actually show.
Speaker 1: It to you. In twenty twenty four, Malcolm Roberts released that video where he as he debunked each of Cox's twenty sixteen projections. Even the IPCC admits they're not predictions, just projections. A very different thing. Personally, having viewed the video Malcolm's video, I would take my advice from the climate skeptical Malcolm Roberts over the climate cultis Brian Cox any day of the week, and history would appear to.
Speaker 5: Bear that out.
Speaker 1: But I digressed from my clown show in Elizabethan music Halls, it was always acknowledged that Royalty were the greatest clowns of them all, and indeed King Charles appeared to have his jest A's hat on when he flew to Canada. This week to not only declare an acknowledgment of country and claim Canada is on unseeded land, but also to warn Canadians to curb their carbon footprint. Here he is King Charles paying close attention to his own carbon footprints. Unbelievable, not to be outdone the King's wayward Sun. How very Shakespearean. Indeed, Prince Harry flew all the way from Los Angeles to Shanghai to lecture the world about how to save the planet by not flying around the world. God save us from woke royal families. But the good news here, in the constitutional monarchy of Australia, we have two young princes locked in the tower of the Coalition party room, both equally capable of leading Australia out of its self inflicted net zero madness.
Speaker 25: They give us stuff too much about the global investors who want to rape and pillage our native bushland. Sure they want to make money, good luck to them. But I'm not on their side. I'm on the side of people who want to protect the native bushland of this country. That Moonlight range they were going to devastate with two hundred and eighty meters high wind turbines was an absolute environmental disgrace, and I'm sick and tired of no offense lender, but people who don't even come visit these areas saying that somehow this is a terrible thing. To stop these projects and protect our bush land. I've been there, I've spoken to the residents. They do not want this project, and I think those Australians deserve to have their voice heard wherever it is in Brisbane or Canberra, and not run over roughshod by international investors that the Labor Party seems unable to say no to.
Speaker 1: Do you think that policy should be reviewed? Your commitment to net zero B twenty fifty.
Speaker 26: The question of net zero again, that's a straight jacket that I'm already getting out of. The real question is should Australian families and businesses be paying more for their electricity? And should we allow this sort of hypocrisy at the heart of our economy to continue whereby we sell coalon gas to India and China and we deny it to our own people. That's the question that I think we need to answer. Nuclear should be part of our mix, but I think the first incremental step should be to remove the moratorium and if we remove the moratorium, then we should let capital markets do their work. And so if there is the potential for nuclear power in this country, we'll see people invest in that.
Speaker 1: Yes, there you have it. Senator Matt Canavan and Andrew Hasty, the two Conservative princes in the Canberra Tower who can lead Australia out of this clown show that we are currently floundering in. As Adam Crichton reports in the Nightly Quote, the government has presided over a cumulative three one hundred and seventy seven dollars increase in electricity costs since its commitment to cut bills by two hundred and seventy five dollars. But who is to blame? Why could it be this man? Meanwhile, everybody's favorite climate clown, Bobo Bo and got the month. She's midway through Catholic Mass this week. Here he was knocking back a bowl of yoki. Even the local pasta or should that be pasta was mortified. Here she is speaking to two GB's excellent Ben Fordham, who managed to, as it were, keep his breakfast show down.
Speaker 22: I was a eucharistic minister and I was giving Holy Communion at the time that Chris Bowen actually walked straight in front seat, started talking to the person next to him and eating pasta in front of me. I could not believe it, and James.
Speaker 1: Moro wrote a very funny article in The Daily Telegraph on Chris Bowen's pastor excursion. As I said on my Friday show, Chris now has Chris Boboboa now has a new motto. If you don't like my NYOCHI don't invite me to mass. Meanwhile, Albozo, disguised as the mad King of Yarralumla, sits in his lodge, convinced he is now and equal to the monarchs of the world, as he lectures close friends on how they have done wrong and how they should behave.
Speaker 19: I made it clear in a discussion that I had with the President of Israel, President Hertzog in Rome, just days ago. I made it very clear that Australia finds these actions as completely unacceptable.
Speaker 1: No, Prime Minister, what is completely unacceptable and completely lacking credibility are the actions of you and your government, especially your Foreign Minister Pennywong, who have as good as demonized the state of Israel and every opportunity since you came to power in twenty twenty two. The list of your gratuitously offensive and unacceptable insults are too many, and too lengthy, and too frequent to mention here. Suffice to say you are in no position to lecture anybody, let alone the State of Israel, about what is and what isn't acceptable behavior. Albozo trying to be an international statesman. I call that the king of wishful thinking. What would that other nineteen eighties one hit wonder band Go West have to say? Hyperbol extreme exaggeration. As you know, we have an intern locked in a cupboard who were forced to watch Insiders that the rest of the nation does not have to. That's how we know that. Chris Bowen was on Insiders this morning. Have a look.
Speaker 32: That's zero by twenty fifty was set out by the IPC as the minimum action required to avoid the catastrophic impacts of climate change. I mean, if you're not finixt zero, you're for the catastrophic impacts of climate change.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable, unbelievable Readson.
Speaker 8: Just genius argument.
Speaker 3: If you don't agree with this, absolutely insane, you want the weld.
Speaker 8: End, you want literally the world to end. That's his argument.
Speaker 3: It's the sort of argument you would get from a four year old child becoming a tantrum.
Speaker 6: Well, it's that unfalsifiable and it's in bad faith. I mean, this is you know, saying, oh, there's no discussion with our enemies or reporters because you know they interestingly want the.
Speaker 1: Word to burn. Exactly, it's medieval idiocy. A friend of mine just tweeted me, texted me that his double his electricity bills have doubled last this build to the next one. It's unbelievable. So of course they have, Yeah, of course they had. Well, if you think the world is coming to an end, perhaps mister Bowen might explain to us. These headlines from The Guardian reata to two different headlines. One Spain's apocalyptic floods show two undeniable truths. The climate crisis is getting worse and big oil is killing us. That's the that's the floods. And then and then Spain and Portugal suffering driest climate for twelve hundred years. So which is it? Is it the floods of the driest.
Speaker 3: So you know, if you think the climate is catastrophic, just wait six to twelve months.
Speaker 1: And it will change. Again, Yeah, James, tell us about the Viking.
Speaker 6: We're telling you about the Vikings. Have I got a story for you about the Vikings. I watch you all, everybody out there in TV lated conjure up an image of what you think a Viking cutter looks like. As I tell you this story about a British outfit that develops curriculum materials for British school children in the failing state of Great Britain, they are now urging teachers to teach a less Eurocentric idea about the Vikings. They want to decolonize the curriculum, and they want to teach that Vikings weren't all white. In fact, they go to have been people of color. And in fact, this group says even that they should teach students that some Vikings converted to become practicing Muslims.
Speaker 5: Now, the question Rowan and.
Speaker 6: Rita I have about this, though, is if these Vikings, with their pillaging and their raping, became members of the religion of Peace, did they suddenly stop being Vikings and look back? Because, of course, you know, we all know, as George Bush famously said, it's the religion of Peace.
Speaker 1: Stuff for that exactly. Now, I also want to play this clip about someone being very upset by some ads. I think they're on trams in Melbourne, aren't they which have a white choice component to them.
Speaker 33: W word Imagine approving a very public out of home ad campaign and missing this white clothes nutrent add in Melbourne literally says make the white choice. And at first glance you might think, okay, we're freezing, but what's the issue here? Well, the phrase make the white choice echoes a long history of messaging where whiteness was positioned as superior, the right choice, the clean option, the default.
Speaker 1: Wow, what a.
Speaker 10: Genius, as she said, eh statement, But there's about one hundred of these all saying the same idiotic things.
Speaker 8: And you know what, if you've got time.
Speaker 3: To get or worked up over that, then count yourself lucky.
Speaker 8: That you're living in Australia. You're uniquely blessed and to be.
Speaker 1: That you can only see the view if you see a bit of white paper is start freaking out. Basically exactly how sad that young people. I don't blame the girl herself, it's her education. We're okay, blame it whatever, But the education of our young people at all, they can see everything through is this prism of now.
Speaker 8: What if you're so.
Speaker 3: In this country and that's what you choose to focus on, then you get blame anyway.
Speaker 1: Make sure that's it for us. But you'll see reader every night at eleven o'clock. You will see Friday Nights, that's the big one. You've got Rwandane at seven o'clock, you've got James Mora at eight o'clock, and you've got rid of Hanahe at nine o'clock.
Speaker 5: What a night.
Speaker 1: Friday Nights. That's the way to watch it. We'll see you next Sunday morning here on Outsiders. Bye Eg.