Speaker 1: This podcast is being recorded and produced on gadiical Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and elders past present.
Speaker 1: We extend our respect to any First Nations Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people joining us.
Speaker 2: Today, always was, always will be Aboriginal Land.
Speaker 1: I'm Britney Saunders and I'm all right hey.
Speaker 2: And this is High Scrollers, the podcast version of your favorite group chat.
Speaker 1: If it's trending, going viral, or has your gripped, we're talking about it.
Speaker 2: Coming up on this episode. Britney's purchased something this week that has me in a bit of a tizzy. Stick around to find out what she's bought, because it actually shocked me.
Speaker 1: Plus Mecha of All Businesses and Brands has launched a campaign that has absolutely flopped in my opinion, and it hasn't landed the way they thought it would. So I'm here to give some insights into a cost per weear campaign that they've done.
Speaker 2: And I've got sad news for Vanda punt Rules fans. I for one, am absolutely devastated, and I'm giving you an anti royal flush this week.
Speaker 1: And we're chiming in on the Cape Foster and Savvy Drama.
Speaker 2: Plus influencers were asked at the TikTok aboards. Is influencing really hard work? And we have some opinions to add to the viral video that is making headlines around the world. Stick around all that more coming up in this episode of High Scrollers. Deal me in, Dull.
Speaker 1: Let's go good morning, Hang, I've got popcorny on mountain.
Speaker 2: Oh, good morning, I'll say now, good morning, good morning, good morning? Is it a good morning? I have a question for you because you've done something that I didn't think you do.
Speaker 1: What why when I sent that to you?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm going to say, Yes, go on. Okay. The other night, two nights ago, I got a screenshot from Brittany that she had purchased tickets for that LMCT. I think the company's meeting is called it's that Adrian guy who bought all them. Yes, he bought all of the blockhouses and he's currently doing his giveaway of all the blockhouses and you've got to buy the tickets to be in. He does a lot of those. I'm sure you've seen the sponsored adds on your Facebook or your TikTok or your Instagram. It's like, buy a ticket and you can win one hundred k a million dollars eight hundred k. We're given away this luxury car. We're given away this, by the way.
Speaker 1: The most clever. And I know it kind of gives off scam, but it's not. He would have to have it set up properly as a business in Australia and as a raffle business. I don't know the legalities of it, but it is so so clever. Yeah, his business model is so clever. Have you never seen this guy, Hannah? I have, But is this what Anna Paul's doing at the moment. No, how she does like giveaways, but she's like, I'm giving away all these cameras. No, that's just for people to purchase her skincare. Oh, she's putting that in her lm A Dingy from Maps. So it's very clever, like these these marketers, because all they do is well, he obviously does huge things now, but like Lma ding who's like from married at first Sight, she's started doing them as well. So she goes and buys like a Mazda three and raffles it off. So let's say a Mazda three is forty grand, So she's got to invest forty grand into buying the price, and then she's going to hope to sell more than forty grand worth of tickets. So that's how the whole thing works. It's literally just a.
Speaker 2: Raffle, and obviously it's worked for this aging.
Speaker 1: He now does massive giveaways. And the reason why it's such a clever business idea is because he has no like you wouldn't have to have any staff, he wouldn't have to have a warehouse, he wouldn't have to have retail stores. So he's just generating hundreds of millions of dollars when he's got no one to pay, and he's doing it obviously on a massive scale. I'm sure all of you saw he went and bought every single blockhouse in the auctions. He got to choose who won the auction because he was paying whatever he wanted to. So now's his raffle is he's giving away the blockhouses. So all the houses, or you can take eight million dollars cash.
Speaker 2: And what would you take? Would you take?
Speaker 1: Seen a lot of like back and forth about what people would choose to take. Because if you win, if you got the winning ticket, you get to pick eight million straight into your bank all the blockhouses, and the blockhouse is estimated to be worth a round fifteen million. But they're like in that random area in Victoria. Like I was talking with AJ about it because this was like I'm going to buy a raffle ticket.
Speaker 2: Fuck it.
Speaker 1: Well, he reckons you should pick the houses and just keep them for a year because it's like a little resort thing. You'd have to run it for a year and then sell it, That's what AJ reckons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or even because what are there six or eight houses in totally that so I would even like take the houses and then you know, in a year's time, potentially sell four of them to someone else and keep some and then the money, you know, I could do whatever I wanted with the money.
Speaker 1: You can rent them out. But you would have to be willing to run that thing.
Speaker 2: But you sent me a screenshot of you buying tickets in the bloody Lotto saying got to be in it to win it.
Speaker 1: You love playing the power ball.
Speaker 2: I love when the power balls one hundred million and whatever and things like that, And I do get sucked into those sorts of things because yeah, I'd hate to to not enter and my numbers come out, you know, on the on the one nard it's one hundred and fifty million dollars or whatever. But I honestly was kind of just like what the blood, Like, I can't believe you've been sucked into the whole.
Speaker 1: It's so smart. I want to fucking start a business like that.
Speaker 2: Do you want to say how many tickets you bought and how much it costs, et cetera.
Speaker 1: Yep, five hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: See, I wouldn't be I wouldn't be doing it. I think if I bought it, i'd be doing the I don't know what the lowest are, but i'd be doing a lower tier.
Speaker 1: Well, I was just like, fuck it, I've got a thousand entries.
Speaker 2: Oh that's actually quite a lot for five hundred.
Speaker 1: But I need one ticket to win. So really you could just buy one ticket and like that could be the winning ticket. But now I got a thousand chances to win along with like the rest of Australia.
Speaker 2: You're kind of selling it to me whatever, like.
Speaker 1: You know I'm gonna win. Would that that would be hilarious if I want you wouldn't be having to go at me then, would.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I'd have to redo the will and put you on it to win them to get him when I die. Oh my god, Yeah, I got sucked in by all the videos. I've never bought anything in his raffles before, but he does like massive giveaways all the time, and like someone genuinely wins and then they just like call him and you want He's given away millions of dollars, huge mansions. What a fucking genius and yeah he's like a billionaire now now lim A Ding's doing it speaking of money and not.
Speaker 2: You know, I love talking about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and not five hundred dollars raffle ticket. Come on, I'm allowed to treat myself to raffle ticket.
Speaker 2: By the way.
Speaker 1: I can spend my money on whatever I want.
Speaker 2: It's funny to me, Like, it's just funny.
Speaker 1: I thought you would have loved it. That's why I sent it to you, because I know sometimes you're getting the mindset of you're gonna win the fucking power ball. Yeah, you got manifest So I'm manifesting winning that fucking thing. Then I can do a whole social media campaign that I won and then I'll rapple them off.
Speaker 2: Yeah nice, all right, now, you're talking. So it's in the five hundred dollars. Is an investment? It is, yes, Okay.
Speaker 1: Anyway, speaking of money, I've also seen something circulating on the internet in the last week or so, Mecha's newest ad campaign. I'm sure a lot of you have seen it. Hannah's nodding her head like she's fucking seen it. I've seen it.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen it.
Speaker 1: I've seen a few different versions of it, because it's obviously a whole campaign. Now, I want to start off by saying I don't want to burn any bridges with Mecca. Not that I have any bridges in the first place, because they don't give me anything, but I love Mecca. There's actually a lot of discourse about Mecca these days, like I feel like people are getting more and more mad at Mecca about how they don't go on sale and this, that and the other. But anyway, they've got a new creative campaign that's out there across all their TikTok and Instagram ads and Facebook ads, and the whole thing of the campaign is a cost per ware. Now, I'm all for a cost per ware. Let's just say you buy a one thousand dollar hand bag and yeah, that's a lot to spend on a handbag, but if you wear that thing one hundred times the cost per ware, it comes down like you've gotten your money's worth kind of thing. Like I'm all for making that kind of joke, Like I go, oh, yeah, I spend eight hundred dollars on this black handbag that I have, but I've warned a billion times, so the cost per wear is two dollars worth the investment. So Mecca's latest campaign, and I've seen in all the comments on the ads as well, people are not happy about it. They're doing a cost per ware for how much it costs when you do your makeup, and they're saying the whole thing it's fifty cents, but they're showing products that are like eighty dollars for foundation, fifty dollars for powder, but the cost per ware on each of those products totals fifty cents. So they're looking at makeup from a perspective of cost per ware, which I just think it just isn't hitting the way that they thought it was going to. Okay, it's not hitting the way they thought it was going to. And if I was them, like, I think it's a good idea, like the whole cost per wear thing, because yeah, like a bottle of foundation might be fifty dollars, but you're gonna use it how many times, which it works out to be what five cents of use or whatever it is. But I think the way they've done it isn't in the best way. Like there's influences in these ads, and there's one and like the guys in it, bless him Brandon. I follow him on TikTok, like I love his fucking content and his videos, but it's like they're doing all maps on a board and working out like this scientific thing and all the comments are like, it's not that technical, and I don't know. It's just not being received well, like from what I can see, like on social media, and it also popped in popped up in my Reddit feed, like in the Australian makeup category or whatever, like people are not happy about this whatsoever. And if I was them, what I would have done is I would have made it more lighthearted because they're just fully serious with this campaign, like your full face cost fifty cents, when it's like it doesn't really because you're showing like a MECA foundation as Charlotte Tillbrey. This a Charlotte Tilbury that I would have tried to make this campaign if I was doing it more lighthearted and fun and dumb and a bit silly, and I would have incorporated like girl math, yeah, because you know how girl math is really funny and we love fucking girl math. Instead of like them making it serious like this whole face cost fifty cents, it should have been someone going like working out the girl math of their face, Like I think that would have been received better by the mecha community.
Speaker 2: But also just thinking about it in general, like it is kind of like a weird concept because I'm just thinking like Fate for example, like it it would be like you getting in your stories and being like, hey, everyone buy this black dress. It's only fifty cents per week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would never say that if.
Speaker 2: You wear it a hundred times, it's going to be fifty Yeah.
Speaker 1: And especially because they've done a full campaign about it, like influences in all these ads, they've done a full photo shoot that's like AI generated with and it's really cool, Like the video of Brandon, it's really fucking cool, Like it's looks like it's a so I don't know out of this world thing, but I just think they haven't executed it correctly, and it's just they've missed the mark with it, like they could have done a cost per war thing but made it more Girl Math theme. Like when we did our Black Friday sale for our Fate Society members, we did forty percent off for forty minutes only, like just in our Facebook group, and I did a funny post like that night, and I'm like, I posted like a funny photo of me and I wrote, this is my girl Math's sale. Forty percent off is almost fifty percent off, and fifty percent off is half price, and when something is half priced, that's basically free. And then like everyone chimed in the comments and like, plus, I'm using my husband's card, so I've actually made money on this sale, like they should have done it from that angle where it's just more like fun and ditzy. Because when I did that post in our Fates Societ, everyone was adding their girl Math to the equation as well. So yeah, I've just been seeing these ads circulating. I've been reading all the comments every time I see the ads, and people are not happy about it. And then people have been saying it's distasteful as well, just with like the cost of living and the fact that they've run these ads during Black Friday when every other brand is going on sale and doing thirty and forty percent off. Mecha doesn't do sales like that ever. I think they only do Boxing Day and it's not anymore. I used to work at Mecca and never they would do Boxing Day sales. Some products. It would be like nail polyph Yeah, so I think they do something on Boxing Day, but it's only select products or whatever. So it's just like bad timing and a bad delivery of a creative campaign during a sale period when everyone's you know, struggling as it is, and especially with Mecca only becoming more and more expensive. I feel like they've really like someone's fucking dropped the ball, because I'm like, how did this get across the line, Hannah's got something to say? Sorry, really chiming in here because I used to work at Mecca and the whole Boxing Day thing, because they would be like everyone has to work Boxing Day. I'd be like, but we don't really do a sale and they're like, no, it's because everyone got gift cards on Christmas and they'll come in to use them while they're doing boxing day shopping everywhere else. But the thing with this campaign that I think, like I don't really care, but I think that is kind of distasteful to people is that so many of the influencers in it it's just like not relatable, Like they're aspirational creators. It's like, you have a crazy, beautiful life that I will never have, but you're not paying for cost per week. It's true, you're given all this ship and I find your makeup looks aspirational, but don't tell me about money because you're given all this hye yeah. And they're getting paid to make these videos to say this is only fifty cents like a face. When they got paid to make it by most relatable content rather than like aspirational content, I think it would work way better. I think they definitely could have executed it better. And I just looked at this like as soon as I saw I just from a brand point of view, I'm like, oh, they really fucked up here. So really interesting, like interesting for them to drop it in Black Friday time. It's like they're trying to tell people that it's cheap.
Speaker 2: Fair when I'm like, like, I think you have a fair point. It's just so crazy how your brain works compared to mind, because I feel like if I had seen that odd, I wouldn't have thought anything about that. I just would have swiped to the next video.
Speaker 1: I just saw it and they've got like fifty cent coins flying across the screen. It caught my attention. So they did a good job with the actual like creative.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that, Like the only thing that comes to mind is like saying, like emphasizing fifty cents, and then if you're actually to buy all the products, it's like five hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Yes, But then they do it by like showing the foundation the person, Oh that was my drink bottle. They're showing the person applying the foundation. Then it's got like what foundation it is written there? And then cost per wear seven cents.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, Well they're literally.
Speaker 1: Showing all of these expensive products on the screen but putting the cost per wear. Yeah, Like, I don't know, it's just weird. I think you can joke about a cost per wear in a brand way and make it really funny, like when I did with our Black Friday sale. I'm like footibcent offs basically half priced, which is basically fru like just joking, but they're like ful serious about this. I don't know, scrollers, let us know in the broadcast channel. Have you seen these ads and how does it sit with you? I'll ask it in our broadcush.
Speaker 2: Okay, good on you, great work, Please be upstanding for the Royal Flush. Time for our Royal Flush of the week. Best thing we've seen on the internet this week? Do you want to go first? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sure, I know it's a bit like last week now, but it's been circulating. I don't know if it's my Royal flush. But something I've seen since the TikTok Awards is the video that went out. I don't know what news place was it.
Speaker 2: Are you talking about ABC Australia. I don't know what one it was where they asked if influences work hard? Yeah, because we're going to talk about this for ages. So let me get mine out of the way first. O. Mine's not that big of O. But yes, I've got so much to say on that topic. I actually have an anti Royal flash of the week, very sad moment for US vander Pump rules fans. Now, I don't know how long this has actually been announced for This could have been announced a while ago. But I saw a video from Sheena from her podcast, and she starts the video saying something along the lines of, Oh, I'm sure you've all heard the news by now, but vander Pump Rules Season twelve that's coming next year will be an entirely new, fresh cast. Now. I hadn't heard this. I wasn't across this news. But she said it like it was like public knowledge and everybody already knew about it. This is the first time I'm hearing about it. But I just wanted to say to any of our scholars that are Vanda Punt Rules fans like I am. You know, I've spoken many times on the podcast about vander Punt Rules. I was very, very excited. I obviously didn't know where they were going to go with season twelve, given the Ariana and Tom and just the whole dynamic of the group was just a little bit off in season e lie, but we were trying to patch things back together and get back to some point of harmony. Right well season twelve, I was like, maybe we'll finally get there. We'll never know. They have fired literally every single cast member, and they're doing a Real Housewives of New York where all of the girls from Real Housewives of New York they went, we need to shake things up. You're all fired. New cast, come on in, And obviously that is absolutely flopping. I didn't mind season one, which is actually I think season I don't know, thirteen or fourteen, I can't remember, because they don't actually call it season one again. They just call it the next season's number, but with a new cast, and so it's the same show, new cast. And vander Punk Rules has come under the acts as well, and so this is my anti Royal flush of the week. I'm still in your line, Brittany, because I for one, am devastated. It's devastating that for eleven seasons, we've watched.
Speaker 1: These seasons in eleven years or do they come out with so it's been going for that long. I really need to watch it. I feel so ry whenever you talk about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so for eleven years, basically, I mean I haven't been watching that long. I only started watching I think a couple of years ago. But for eleven years, people have followed the journey. But what they're doing is they're apparently going back to basics. And remember I've spoken on the podcast before for you as someone who doesn't watch the show, and for any scrollers who haven't watched. The show started as employees at SIR. It would be like if Brittany had a reality show and it's centered around all of her employees at Fate and it showed them working in the warehouse, but then it also followed them to the bar after work and their drama in their personal lives with their boyfriends and things like that. That's how the show originated. And then there was just so much drama and that you know, they all became mini celebrities and then bigger celebrities. So you know, time's changed and none of them ever worked at the restaurant anymore, but it's still followed all the drama and their relationships and everything like that in their life.
Speaker 1: Did it ever go back to the restaurant or not just become fully about their lives.
Speaker 2: Fully about their lives. And now season twelve will be a new cast of people who work SIR, and it will go back to basics of restaurant drama, seeing how they work in the workplace and then also following their lives.
Speaker 1: Actually, like not that I've seen the show at all, but I reckon they'll go back to basics. It'll start like that, and then I reckon we'll spiral again and go to what it was about the drama.
Speaker 2: For sure, and I'm sure they're hoping for that, but I just don't know how much you can infiltrate a fan base like this at such a pinnacle pivotal time. Season ten, the end of season ten, we had scandalval season eleven, we were recovering from that, trying to pick up the pieces, and we really that's when Tom and Ariana, two of the people from Vaner Punt Rules. Tom cheated on Ariana with another one of the cast members, and it all came out and blew up and became this crazy thing. There's a lot of law here that you're going to have to look.
Speaker 1: You're gonna have to watch what scandalol mean?
Speaker 2: Well, his name is Tom Sandoval, so it's just like a name that the fan base came up scam. Yeah, yeah, yeah, because it's a scandal.
Speaker 1: Oh I thought even like scared.
Speaker 2: It's a scandal involving Tom Sandervolson, Okay, yeah, And I think it was like a hashtag trending on Twitter or something. So anyway, I just feel like we never really tied everything in a bow, and now they're just going, oh, well, next, And I just don't know whether you can piss off a fan base that much. Vanda Punt Rules. It's different to Real Housewives and stuff. I feel the fan base for Fana punp Rules is so much more intertwined. You know, With the Real Housewives, if relationships happen, drama happens, people have their two cents, but Vanda Pump Rules that parasocial relationship. I really find a lot of boundaries across and fans of the show. I don't know whether it's because Real Housewives are more unattainable and they're like in a different league because they've got so much money, or whatever it might be, but it's almost like you don't watch the Real Housewives and think they could be your friends, but the Vanda Punt Rules cast, they were just regular everyday people. So potentially people feel a bit more of a parasocial connection to them, or feel like because they've watched them for eleven years, they're a part of these people's lives, or whatever it may be. I'm not sure, but to rip the entire cast out and put in a new one. I don't know if that's gonna work, and I would be very surprised if it's gonna work. But I for one will be watching. But I am not fucking happy about the decision.
Speaker 1: You're what you've spoken about Band of Pump rules that much that I'm just I'm gonna fucking start it. What do I watch it on?
Speaker 2: Hey? You?
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't think I have that, but I'm fucking getting it to night. I need to watch it. I've watched little bits and bobs, like I don't know, when I've been at people's houses or like back in the day. I think I had it on my laptop at one point. But do I just need to start from season one?
Speaker 2: Yes? And I will say you have to start at season one to understand the everything, but you really have to let it. Like I would say, if you're in season three and you're still hating it, then give up. Because season one, as I've said before, it was a show that they thought they were making, and then there was so much drama they had to kind of change. Season two, they were still iron ironing out those kinks. Season three, they were like, right, no one cares about the restaurant. We care about the drama. And season three one.
Speaker 1: Sovan to Pump care that it's not about the restaurant anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Lisa Vanna Pump knows that. I mean, they're still centered around the restaurant, but for example, season one, it's like, oh my god, she called in sick for her shift, whereas season three, she's still they're still working in the restaurant, but it's not so much like oh you know, did you take the wrong order out to the wrong table. It's now like, oh my god, I can't believe I slept with him on the weekend and he's like working behind the bars. So it's like the restaurant's still very much incorporated through the whole thing, but instead of just like actual problems in the workplace, it's the problems in their life. So I would say season three, if if you get through season three or halfway through season three and you're like, nah, I can't do it, because don't forget. I think the original seasons came out like at least ten to eleven years ago. As we said, so TV is very different and it's not as it's not you know, it's like watching a show from the Alder Days.
Speaker 1: Yeah right. I went to one of the restaurants when I was in America.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm so fucking jealous. Which one, sir? Yeah, yeah, so sexy, unique restaurant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's like the food was just like so basic.
Speaker 2: Really, did you have the goats cheese balls?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's like the star of the show.
Speaker 1: It's just like going to any restaurant like in the Central Coast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: And the day Court is so outdated and ugly, like it's very American.
Speaker 2: I'm very excited to go one day. I'm very jealousy. But I didn't know about Friend of Pump Rules when I when I've been to America either.
Speaker 1: But my friend that I was with knew it, and I was like, okay, and the day.
Speaker 2: Court yep, oh wow, yeah, there you go. Well, sorry for interjecting, but let's get back to your royal flush from the TikTok Awards, because there has been so much talk about this online.
Speaker 1: I know there's actually you know what. I don't like to delve into influencer drama, but there has been some drama from Sabi Ah.
Speaker 2: You haven't seen I no, I have, no, I have, but I didn't realize we were going to go there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, have you seen all this shit between Kate Foster, Sarbi brand, the Mummy influences, some other chicks crying. Abby Chatfield's timed.
Speaker 2: In, I thought you were going to say, talk about the TikTok Awards. There was so much like drama from that as well.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's all happened at the one time, like the video of everyone getting interviewed. So the question at the TikTok red carpet, which I know have done a whole.
Speaker 2: Episode, should we cover Sabi first?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm scared because you know what, I was gonna do a video like I was gonna jump on TikTok.
Speaker 2: Now that's why we said on the podcast because no one cares.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, but like, so okay, we'll start with the Sarbi thing. Fuck the influencer thing. We can get back to that.
Speaker 2: Okay, So long story short. Kate Foster.
Speaker 1: Yes, So there's this clothing brand called Sarbi, which is owned by a couple and they're like relatively new. They only started the business like a year ago, and they make really colorful loud t shirts. I'm surprised you don't own one. I feel like that's something you would wear. They're targeted to all the mums, like the mums of TikTok love them, like the oversized, bright, colorful shirts. Anyway. Kate Foster, who is another interesting TikToker that has been like risen to popularity over the last year, who just like says whatever she's thinking and whatever she like. And don't quote me because I only see bits and bobs of this. I don't follow anyone, but it shows up in my for you page. She came out because she's she started off her TikTok. I don't know what she actually started doing, but then she started doing roasts of brands. That was her whole thing, was she would go on. She went on the Fate website and she just like ripped the brands to shreds, but in a comical, lighthearted kind of way, so then people thought it was funny, but really she was just picking these brands to bits. She did a video on Fate and I just commented and I was like, excuse me, like I stood up for myself, and she actually came back to me and was really nice because she just was saying, like, oh, I don't know what she was fucking saying. It was ages ago. Anyway, she's come out and made a video and I don't don't quote me, and the video's gone, you can probably find it, but she said something about the owners of Sabi following Trump and Trump pro Trump accounts.
Speaker 2: M hm.
Speaker 1: And so I don't know what the video was because I didn't see it. I've only just seen like the aftermath of it. But essentially she was allegedly insinuating that, like people shouldn't support Sabi the brand because the owners follow Trump and Trump accounts. And then there was all this other stuff that came out and I don't know who it was. But then like, because all the mums of TikTok have been wearing Sabi in their videos because it's very easily recognizable, and there's some like creators who have been promoting anti vax not wearing sunscreen, like just all these like opinions that are strong and I guess against the status quo. I don't know if that's the right word to say. So that all this drama has just fucking started, and it's like, now all the mums of TikTok are coming out like boycott Sarbi blah blah blah blah blah. And I've just been watching this thing unfold and I'm like, this feels like high school. Have you seen it, Hannah? It feels like dead ass high school. Then Kate Foster's fucking crying and posted another TikTok, And then there's some other mum I don't know, Belle. I don't know her if that's her name. I've just been sitting back watching all this shit. Everyone's crying, everyone's boycotting this brand in the air saying don't support blah blah blah. It just created this whole thing on TikTok over these colorful fucking t shirts, and I've just been sitting back like what the fuck is actually going on in the House of Commons, Like it's reminding me of high school? Like she said this, and then she said that. Then Abby Chatfield's coming, and now everyone's going after Ima Chatfield. I'm just sitting back like do I see this shit just happen on the internet? And then every mom's jumping on in their sabi shirt like, oh have you seen these videos?
Speaker 2: I no, I honestly haven't seen any of them. I've seen some of Kate Foster's, but I'm one of those people who like, if I'm out of the loube, I'm not going back to figure it out. I know there are people like that, like if you see one video and you've missed it, You're like, oh, I've got to know every feet.
Speaker 1: I've been feeding me this like it's one video after the other, Like you know when your foro you page just the lines and you're seeing every part, and.
Speaker 2: I'm like, so, I haven't had any of that. Unfortunately, I've actually really struggled with trying to find things to talk about because the last week my for you page has been all Wicked themed things, which makes sense, but to the point where the other day I actually tested my for you page and apart from ads, there were sixty six videos in a row that had to do with Wicked or the Wizard of the Wicked. And so I was like, because obviously before usually on a Sunday night, I sit down and I go through my for you page and make sure I know what I'm going to talk about. On high scrollers, I was like scrolling, I was like, wow, there's a lot of wicked here, and then I went back right up to the first wicked video and then I was like, let me count them, and I kept going. Sixty six apart from ads in between were wicked videos in a row. I was like, so there's no time for savvy on my fucking four you page because it's all lines and targets. Page.
Speaker 1: Tried your pages being that, well, yeah, the big bed but anyway, that's so that's been all over my four you page as well as the TikTok Awards.
Speaker 2: Yes, the video okay, so the video has gone viral. From ABC Australia, they interviewed everyone on the carpet and said is being an influencer hard?
Speaker 1: They actually asked me, from zero to ten, how hard is it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: And I did a whole spiel, but I got the one clip in the video, okay, and that's blown up.
Speaker 2: Let's play some of the video here. This is what some of the influencers said in the video.
Speaker 1: It is it is definitely hard being an influenier for a day. Do you know other people wake up and they worked ten hours straight on their feet. You're laying in bed, You post a little video and you're complaining.
Speaker 2: Get a different job.
Speaker 1: Honestly, if I can do it, anyone can do it. All the influencers out there lap it up. You are living the dream. I know it looks fun, but it's hard work. It's actually easy. It's not hard. Some days are really chill, and then other days we're working like the whole day. I don't take it that seriously. Get to go to a bushelf every now and then.
Speaker 2: It's not bad. You're giving your vulnerability up. There are so many other people doing so much more than we are.
Speaker 3: You have to think of content, you have to edit it, you have to film it, you have to you have to be constantly relevant, and that is not easy. It can be hard at time, sure, but when when I'm going to put it into perspective what so many people around the world are going through right now. Our job is not hard, and I'm not going to stand up here and say that it is.
Speaker 2: So. As you can hear their bit of a mixed bag. We've got some people saying no, it's not hard, some people saying yes, it is hard. I just want to say, I am so fucking glad they did not include my response in this video. Would you say, because oh, well, I said, I can't remember exactly what I said word for word. I said, I obviously know that in the grand scheme of things, like it's not hard. There's nurses on their feet for eighteen plus hours a day, saving lives, et cetera, et cetera. But I said, but yeah, like I believe it is hard work, but I think it's all relative to what you do. And of course on a red carpet, there's no time to you know, give too much context. But I definitely said that, Like I was kind of like in the boat of like, yeah, I know it's easy, but like, also, it is hard work at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: But you definitely have hard days, like everyone has hard days. It doesn't matter what you do for a job. But then I think, because it's influences people then go and compare it to every other job out there, and that's what the whole discourse is right about.
Speaker 2: So like Veronica B for example, you would have heard just then in that video she says, I know it looks like fun, but it's hard work, and she's getting torn to shreds for because then they were like, what's hard about it? And then she's like, oh, you've got to think of content and stay content and stay relevant. And I think someone else in that video says, you know, some days it's easy, and some days you've got to work all day, and I know that you're on the surface, that just sounds fucking ridiculous. I get it, but I think, like, I really, I really have a problem with this, this conversation, because I think it's all very relative to like how much you do and the individual person, and like the problem is the word influencer and the the connotation that comes with the word influencer, because people hear the word influencer and they just think you just post a photo and get paid for it. And yes, if someone's life is poster a TikTok, get paid for it. And then you're off to the beach and you're off shopping and you're off to dinner. And but that's all you do all day. And if you're going, yeah, if you're going, it's really hard work. Of course, that's really out of touch, and I disagree with you. But my thing is, especially in Australia, it's also a lot different to influencers around the world. I think that a lot of us really are hustling and Ronica Bee. I will sit here and defend does work hard in the grand scheme of things, because she doesn't just post a photo and then la la la, la la all day. She's created businesses, She's run businesses thanks to influencing. She's created networking events for influencers. She gets all these sponsors on board and hosts like nights for creators to get together and blah blah blah. She does raffles and fundraisers and blah blah blah. She does motivational speaking. She's done, you know, all of these clubs. She flies herself around the word well to go and increase her profile, and she just recently flew to Dubai to go and collaborate with Dubai influences to boost her profile over there, etc. Like I do believe that's a and a hustler's mentality. And I also get that because like I kind of am in the same boat where I'm like, I'm actually not going to let anyone tell me that I don't work hard, because I do believe that I do work hard and that this career that I've chosen is hard work. It's so fucking rewarding, And I understand my privilege. Okay, that I can work for myself. I can wake up when I want, I can say yes and no to certain things and do what I want and run my own business that way. I understand that it's so so rewarding, but like, let's take the live show for example, if you actually do the maths which I did on to prove to people or to the people in my life, I guess not that I needed to, but it was just a conversation we were having and I did the math. If I wanted to make money, there's I shouldn't have gone done a tour this year. I should have gone and worked at McDonald's because I would have made more money at McDonald's than doing the tour that I did. After all, the people get paid and all the costumes get made and everything comes out in the wash, and the hours that go into that, I am genuinely making like four dollars an hour, do you know what I mean? On that tour, And yes, it's rewarding.
Speaker 1: I think it's because like when people hear influencer, the here is it hard to be an influencer, Like they just picture your stereotypical influencer where they're fucking going out for coffee, going to here and there, then doing a little sponsored photo, like because that's what that's the box that influencers get put into.
Speaker 2: I know, but I feel I get put in that box, is what I'm saying. So people look at me and they don't straight away think anything else but like, oh, he's an influencer, or like I get put in that. You know, when you talk about the TikTok Awards, you go, it's a bunch of influencers. But you're there, Britney. You don't classify yourself as an influencer. I'm there. I would like to be known as even just content creators better or comedian. But people don't say that. They just go, it's a bunch of influence. So I think it's all relative to and there's like a lot a lot of nuance and a lot of context was missed there because Ronica be being like, yeah, it is hard work. Actually I believe she does work hard. I believe I work hard. And if you're just posting a photo whatever, that's a different conversation. The other point I want to make, sorry, well, this is a bit of Matt's rants is people always go, oh, you know. If they think that's hard work, try being a nurse. Try being a teacher. Sorry, this might get me canceled, but I reckon I would be the best fucking nurse ever, and I reckon I'd be the best fucking teacher ever. And the thing is, when you really think about careers in general, there are going to be people in that career, even being a nurse. There are a lot of hard working nurses out there. There are going to be nurses who don't work hard. There are teachers who work really hard. Think about high school. There were teachers that worked hard, and there were teachers that, in my opinion, didn't work hard at all. When I've been to the hospital for my things, I can see the hard working nurses, and I can see the ones who don't want to be there and aren't working hard. You go to McDonald's, there's a hard worker. Do in all the jobs. There's someone who couldn't give a shit. You go do your groceries, there are hard workers. There are people who aren't working hard, not lifting a finger. That happens in every industry, and in the influencer industry it happens as well. There are some of us working hard and there are some of us not working hard. But the problem is everyone hears the word influencer and thinks no one works hard. And I'm like, girl, not to be Mikayla and say Chrybana influencer for a year. But I truly believe if you actually lived in the you know, if someone tried to do what I did, I believe in this year, even last year, I genuinely would be like, it would open your eyes to be like, whoa, Actually, there's a lot of fucking work going on here, do you know what I mean? So I'm not gonna let anyone tell me that I don't work hard, because I believe that I fucking do, And you know what, the people in my life who are close to me know that I do, and that's all that matters to me. But that video pissed me the fuck off.
Speaker 1: I wish they use more of mind because I said, I used to be an influencer and now I'm not. And I just said I wish like influencers would know that they're living the fucking dream because I used to do that for a job, and like, you're living the dream and you don't even realize you live in a dream like that was my spiel but only got one little sentence in it.
Speaker 2: And for sure, I'm living the dream. I'm having the best time, and you lived the dream as well. And yes, in comparison to running fate, you're obviously working a lot harder than you were then, but you still worked hard when you were an influencer, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I could have worked way harder. Reflecting at the time, I was like, oh, this is so much. The managers are so annoying, brands are annoying me, Everyone's asking me to reshoot shit. And at that time I was working hard for my working hard for them, but like being on the other side, it's open my fucking eyes. Ok And I'm like, if I could be back in that position for like one more day I or like one more year, like I'd fucking lap that shit up only because I'm on the other side of the fence now.
Speaker 2: Okay, see, but I still feel it's relevant.
Speaker 1: Back then, Yeah, I was working hard if you were like.
Speaker 2: Whatever, whereas I'm like, I'm making this into.
Speaker 1: I was also very young back then. I was like twenty two.
Speaker 2: True. Anyway, that was a bit of a combo of Royal Flush and Matt's rants. But glad I got that off my chest. And similar to you saying you were going to jump into the savvy thing, I wanted to jump in and share my thoughts, but I was just like, you know what the problem is here at high scrollers. We have our scrollers who know us and know the context and know the new ones.
Speaker 1: If you jump on TikTok, it could go to.
Speaker 2: Anything exactly and they just wouldn't get it, And then I'm getting canceled, you know what I mean? Which you know what at this point do it? I need a bit of a thrill in life. Anyway, we should probably wrap this up before I say anything else that's really going to get me canceled. Thanks for listening, Scrollers, love ya, see you soon. Have a great week. You'll know what to do already.
Speaker 1: Yeah, raiders do all the things.
Speaker 2: Anyway, d'yla better let you go. I've got I have a really fucking hard day at work.