Speaker 1: Jason Lauren Clint here as well, and so is this guy.
Speaker 2: Our next guest is in formally known as Doc.
Speaker 3: He's played with Some killd Us since twenty twenty one as a Ford and winger.
Speaker 1: Big by my some Wood over the top of two. Please welcome to the show. Bason from the Mighty Saints.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 5: This is exciting. So we're going to be having a different club each day in the lead.
Speaker 4: I love that we're starting with the Saints.
Speaker 5: And we got memberships to give away. If you want to score a Saints membership and merch pat call now thirteen twenty four to ten.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we've got two full season memberships.
Speaker 1: You guys got another week off, another week off.
Speaker 6: We are played on the weekend and yeah, we have a week off before or they play.
Speaker 1: Other teams play rounds.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's very round.
Speaker 1: Are you collabed that you guys get the week off or we did?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I wouldn't want to play next week. That's because we played two days ago. But yeah, I mean it's it's different for all clubs, and I think it's great for the AFL. So whatever makes the AFL better, I guess we've all got to be a part of that.
Speaker 7: How does the anticipation and excitement go this time of year when you know you've got a week to go? Is there a different energy around the club now, you like right on the home stretch before the season starts.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's really funny when you go from like pre season to like games, there's a shift and now there's now another shift that we're just preparing for a Round one, so everyone's a lot more calm and just trying to fine tune things. And you know you don't have that opportunity to play on the weekend, so you know a lot of vision between now and Round one, but and then it'll be all systems go.
Speaker 1: Okay, Mace.
Speaker 3: Have you heard about the forecast ahead of the season opener between Geelong and Brisbane on Thursday? Yeah, not just ray, not just win, but a tropical cyclone is expected to hit.
Speaker 1: How do you go in those of the conditions?
Speaker 6: I can't pick up the ball when it's wed at the best of time going alone deep water.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 6: I remember one year I think North Melbourne played up in Northern Territory and it was like boys were trying to kick the ball off the ground and going anywhere and stuff like that. So, yeah, we're not going to play, so it doesn't affect us, but good luck for the rest of the time.
Speaker 7: You see that the NFL over in America and they play in the snow really like it is like thumping down with snow, and they fully play proper season matches.
Speaker 4: I don't know AFL boys that tough.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's really interesting that you have like teams in like Miami that are like hot and then yea super cold in like Buffalo wherever it is, And what an advantage it would be. Like I feel like North Melbourne had a bit of that when I used to play down in Tazzy. Yeah, games of negative degrees and teams wouldn't want to have.
Speaker 1: A bar of it.
Speaker 4: So is that awful playing in those?
Speaker 6: I'm glad I don't have to do anymore. But yeah, no, I think once the ball bounces, it's not too bad. But when's the Tay Club come into the mix?
Speaker 1: A couple of years.
Speaker 4: Years, Minny gals down there as the president, isn't.
Speaker 1: It he's a CEO? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hey, Mace, you and I have got a little bit of history. I want to take you back to or first year, which was at Arden Street at North Melbourne Footy Club. I got a call to say, get out to Arden Street because there's a quirky story doing the rounds involving a bloke on his second day at the club. Because what happened, Yeah, it was it was my second day club. We're in Utah so we used to go away for camps and it was it was eighteen, my very first interview that I'd ever done, and I was quite nervous and all this, and I could feel these balls shooting past my feet. So someone was kicking balls at me just to throw me off, and it was Ben's spade at the time, went back on one and clocked me in the head on camera, and they didn't put it in the original vision of what I actually was doing the interview for. And then they came up to me and goes, oh, we reckon, this is going to be pretty good, and I was like really, like so embarrassing. Sure enough, and obviously Clink got ahold of it and came in and had a chat.
Speaker 4: So yeah, oh my god, first impression in the newsroom.
Speaker 1: Stemmers, Yeah, absolutely, but.
Speaker 4: That was when you were a young eighteen year old.
Speaker 7: Thirty one, Now, how is the body feeling going into another year.
Speaker 4: Did you have a bit of a quad injuries?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I did a little quoe that played on the weekend, so all systems go. But yeah, I guess I'm brought in my house made at the minute, Angus Hasty live together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we live together.
Speaker 6: I live with three other guys and they're all eighteen nineteen and four boy three boys plus me and then my girlfriend as well. She's amazing, she is with.
Speaker 4: Three other boys.
Speaker 1: She sure does.
Speaker 4: That's discussing you like the parents.
Speaker 1: And you're adopted child. That's part of the gig that you try to give guys a bit of a leg up, moving in with the rules with people coming home. Yeah, no, free for all, go.
Speaker 7: Do it three eighteen year old.
Speaker 1: But we're in no danger of that happening in this.
Speaker 4: So you've got three bunk beds or something.
Speaker 1: No, we've got a pretty pretty good house.
Speaker 6: So the club helped us out with that and we moved in. We moved into a bigger house to take on another draft this year.
Speaker 1: So it's good.
Speaker 7: Do you have them on like a chore roster, like you're on midnight, you're on dinner.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So once we moved into this house. It was a bit of a what are we going to do?
Speaker 6: And I went back to what I used to do, which was right up your job for the week on the board, and if you don't get it done, it's a fifty dollars fine.
Speaker 7: And on the next Mason's rolling and he's just collecting everyone's not doing.
Speaker 5: You get into a little kid carnival and all go off to the game together like a farm.
Speaker 6: Well we would if we all eventually played together. So guys are at different part of the career and that kind of thing. But I was living with Nasai Wanganimalira, who's a star of our team last year, so we used to go to every game together.
Speaker 1: So hopefully these boys regular stagment.
Speaker 7: It's your girlfriend's name. Mikaylakaylor is an angel on. I remember having two male housemates back years ago and I was like, this is cooked, and one of them was my boyfriend at the time.
Speaker 5: Having three extras and yeah, and.
Speaker 1: Whole nother basket of issues. You're going to doing God's you're going to have to host some twenty first at the house. Yeah, what we've had a couple we actually have Yeah, yeah, but a couple more com checking.
Speaker 4: People's IDs to make sure they're eighteen when they come.
Speaker 6: Oh, Angus, I think Angus will have all eighteen year old friends and plus soll no issues.
Speaker 4: There As is just sitting out the stop.
Speaker 1: Promised him that he'd been on air, but he hasn't managed to go.
Speaker 7: He'sus this first year down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Angus is from geelong media training. He hasn't.
Speaker 4: Here we go, here we go.
Speaker 7: Okay, Angus, Now it's your turn. What's Mason likes your pseudo dad at the club having all the kids living with him.
Speaker 2: Oh, hey, guys, yeah, Mason's is your voice broken yet? Putting on the back foot earlier. No, Mason's been really good for us boys. We're all still learning how to live and how to do laundering and stuff.
Speaker 1: Bunk or bottom bunk na racing car bet single b card bed.
Speaker 2: I wish i'd one when I was younger, but goroing out of that luckily enough. But yeah, no, Mason's been great. Yeah, he's a lot older than us lads.
Speaker 1: Isn't that sad in bed?
Speaker 2: And if you guys keep the noise genuinely, we're all embedded at like eight thirty.
Speaker 4: Oh, he runs it. He runs a touch yeah.
Speaker 2: And if the TV is too loud, he will come out and you know, yeah, absolutely he's in.
Speaker 7: His flannel pajamas and his Saints pajamas coming out the TV down. Boys.
Speaker 2: I don't seen when his pajamas luckily so yeah, but yeah, I don't know what.
Speaker 1: That's a touch ship good chart.
Speaker 4: You're you're a good human?
Speaker 1: Yeah you are?
Speaker 5: Yeah, or you make it look after me bruck a lot of money on rent Hey Corney, you're a Saints fan.
Speaker 1: Oh, yes, well yeah I am, and my husband.
Speaker 6: Is as well.
Speaker 1: Well. Membership coming your way. Thank you so much, guys. Great present his birthday today. You're on the air with the Always. If you want to say anything ahead of the.
Speaker 2: Season, I think good luck.
Speaker 4: Go to ten years old? Good morning.
Speaker 7: Him. Do you have anything you want to say to the Saints boys before the season starts?
Speaker 1: Good luck's been taken.
Speaker 4: Good luck for.
Speaker 1: I hope you make it to the final. Thank you, thanks for that. The Saints of the team to watch this year.
Speaker 3: Well, here's the thing, Jason ross Lyon runs a very tight ship. Boys, talk to us about this year because it really has to be finals, doesn't it. You've got a very impatient fan base.
Speaker 1: You want to take this one. No.
Speaker 2: No, we're very excited at the potential of this year. We're a young group and we're all very driven, like we know what we can get out of the year. So we know if we stick to our process and I'll put the foot down and then we can get the job done. So he's around all the media training cliches in one.
Speaker 7: Answer, Mason just really handled across, didn't he.
Speaker 1: Hey, this is pretty cool.
Speaker 5: If you're a Saints fan and you want to get a membership on the cheek today if you call us and kill the forty club mentioned Jason Lauren or Nova, and you'll receive fifty percent off your membership. But you've only got to eleven am today.
Speaker 7: From now eleven am go Saints, good luck for the seasons. Are such a nice team. I don't know anyone who doesn't like the Saints.
Speaker 1: JA sing the song when the Saints come marching in there we go. Please don't do that every day to me. Just go on twenty five past eight.
Speaker 4: Ja Lauren's feeling good on No. One hundred.
Speaker 1: Jason Lauren on socials