Speaker 1: I got a team. It's the Bloody Youth Project. What else would it be, because that's what it says on the label. Tiffany and Cook. The boss of me is over there at typ Central with her big, weepy, horrible thing on her right shoulder. It's still no, it's not now, it's vanishing. You're probably not going to get a root anytime off your new bloke. But maybe if you keep that covered up. Dr Jeff's like, what's a root sex stoc over here? If you're rooting your fucking but in the States, you're cheering someone on. But tiff and her bloke they do both. They root and cheer each other on. There's a lot of mutual gratitude, well done, thank you. I'm trying my best. So you know, it's a linguistic thing, it's a cultural thing, it's an international thing. But nonetheless, how is your leprosy tip? Is it clearing up?
Speaker 2: It's just kind of lingering, It's just there. It's a little bit painful.
Speaker 1: Well, if the good doc didn't live on the other side of the world, I'm sure it could give you something that might, you know, accelerate the healing. Tis Shawsha tips, Doc I was going to start a website called Shawosha Tips where people from all over the world just and now that I've said that, that's going to be live tomorrow with somebody else doing it. But anyway, right, doctor Jeff officially, Happy New Year, Happy post Christmas. How are you, buddy?
Speaker 3: I'm well, happy, happy to you and Tiff as well and yours. I'm good. I missed you, guys. I'm happy to talk to you and catch up and talk about all the exciting developments here. I think we should start out with our pyramids are upside down. Our food pyramid got flipped and we're changing everything. We had to empty my refrigerator and start over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or at least standing on your head. I mean, there's got to be some kind of compromise. Right, Well, let's open In Australia they say open the batting, which is like a cricket analogy. Let's open the batting with that. So what we your thoughts? Is it good? Is in your eyes? Is it good? Is it bad? Is it I know that it's created a massive polarizing interest on both sides over there. How did you read it?
Speaker 3: I don't think it's polarizing much. I think it's necessary. I think it's the knowledge has been here and healthy people have already flipped their own pyramid. I think it drives government payments for people who are less fortunate and need help with getting food, school lunches, things that are sort of scripted from a big brother. Yeah, and uncle Sam. Yes, so, and I understand how we got here, right. You know, after World War One and worse after World War Two, you know, there were people that in the planet, particularly our corner of it, that needed access to food source that could be shelf stable for a long time. Yeah, you know, and during the Cold War, you know, people were fixing their shelters, you know, stocking food that could last for years and years, so you canned foods, you have preservatives. And then so the carbohydrates were big and bold, and real whole foods weren't there. These were all sort of the dog foods, dog foods for human right, packaged foods that could last. And then it became well, what can we sell to kids? More colorful things, more sugar, you know, lace things. Sugar is the cocaine for kids, right, So we did this to ourselves, and so it's about time we flipped it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's interesting. It's interesting the origin story of the food pyramid as it was, and the whole ansel Keys research fiasco and who funded the research. But there's quite a few parallel graphs on the interwebs about the introduction of low fat eating or the food pyramid and the increase in obesity. Like their theory was essentially low fat eating equals low fat population, you know, and yet the irony is, well, the opposite happened. The minute that we introduced low fat eating, we also introduced high sugar eating, high processed food eating, carbohydrate eating, and essentially from the day that started, obese levels started to increase. So do you think that's political and commercial?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 1: Un till fifty years?
Speaker 3: Oh? Oh, for sure. It's a lot cheaper for companies to produce preserve foods that don't expire, right, so they have a longer chance to sell them, and you know, they put they make them so amazingly tasting that everyone wants them, right instead of having real, real nutrient dense foods. So, yeah, that the cost is in the healthcare system. The foods are cheaper, the healthcare is way more yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, So it's effectively more expensive anyway, right, yeah, yeah, And how has the general reaction been.
Speaker 3: I think it's actually been good. I haven't heard negative, and we hear plenty of negative over here. I haven't heard anything really negative about that except the people with you know, we call Trump rangent syndrome. Had anything Trump or his people say must be wrong. So therefore we go the opposite way. And there's a lot of that out there. And you know, you s see pictures of these people on the internet. They usually have multicolored and strange piercings and tattoos in places that you just wouldn't even consider.
Speaker 1: And also it seems like any kind of new health directive or finding or you know, kind of suggestion, all of these people come out of the woodwork and go, yeah, but RFK is not a doctor or it's like whoa, yeah, but it's not based on what he thinks, it's research based. It's and also he's seventy one and does twenty chin ups.
Speaker 3: So I.
Speaker 1: At the very least like the fact that the Director of National Health or whatever he's called is actually fit and strong and healthy. Like, I think that's not a bad it's not the worst starting point. I know, there's a lot more required. But the fact that he's in such phenomenal shape, atypical shape for somebody his age, and I'm sure you and his philosophy is on how to eat and how to supplement and how to optimize health is probably not that far apart, right.
Speaker 3: Right, right, So I would agree with that. I think a lot, a lot of the things he espouses and is trying to bring to the forefront in a transparent way and create liberties and freedoms makes sense. I just wish the bureaucrats levels below him would would follow his lead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm with you, all right, So I thought we might do something different today. I was literally talking to I've been talking to him, made of mind. His name's Jimmy Gwilt. Shout out to Jimmy. I see him in the morning at the cafes. He's so. You know, you've heard of AFL, right doc, AFL A A for Amanda or Apple AFL. So that's basically the NFL in Australia. So that's Australian Football League. So over here that's the biggest sport they get on a pretty regular basis. You know, sixty two one hundred thousand people at a game. So it's a big deal here. It's the national sport cricket of course, rugby of course, but AFL is very very popular anyway, So Jimmy was an AFL player for a long time where friends and now I was talking to him and he's got he's got tendnightis, he's got basically lateral epicond the lightis or tennis elbow or whatever you want to call it. And he was asking me what do you think of peptides? And I'm like, well, you know, I think they can be helpful, but I'm not a guru at all. He goes, are there any peptides I can take? Or is they're a peptide? And in Australia it's a slippery slope of fockery because you know, it's still not it's not really legal. It's it's a bit messy, it's a bit unregulated, it's a bit everything. But let's put that aside for the moment. So, are there any peptides that you would recommend for like muscular injuries like that or inflammation or it's almost like where that what is it? Brachio radialis inserts into the elbow, But yeah, oh yeah, what's something that would work for that, or maybe treat that we.
Speaker 3: Would start Jimmy on a wolverine protocol, and that the protocol would include a number of peptides blended together. The first one is called BPC one five seven or Body Protection Compound one five to seven, naturally occurring in gastric juice. Yeah, I'm not suggesting he vomited up some gastric juice and injected into his elbow, but this is isolated from gastric juice. So it's we make it and it's naturally occurring. You just need to concentrate it in certain areas. It's heavily anti inflammatory and supports muscular skeletal healing regeneration. Typically combined with it is another one called TB five hundred thymysy data five hundred thymusin means that it was identified from the famous gland you don't hear much about since they kind of shrivel up and die, but they support our immune system. And this is an extract therefrom and them, and that can be angiogenic new blood vessels healing. The two of them together are synergistically regenerative. Commonly, the two of them with another one are referred to, you know as the Wolverine protocol. So Wolverine the character who can heal himself. Right. So the third element might be the copper peptide might be one called KPV. We both have anti inflammatory and restorative properties. So the two main ones plus remindus the third one can be quite useful. Now by itself, you know, we don't like to do that. We do like to look at the lifestyle, the diet, everything related to inflammation to see what else we can clean up. You know, if Jimmy is at the cafe and for breakfast, having you know, a Foster's, then it's probably we probably need to have a different discussion first. And a croissant, right, a croissant, yeah, yes, And and here here you know, croissants are very delicious, but they they're very high in calories. You know, they've got layers and layers of of butter. Not the butter is bad necessarily, but they could be high in calories. And they're all carbs really except for the butter.
Speaker 1: Ye.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so there are peptides. That's a it's a low hanging fruit application.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, So what I did was I put on one of my pages that I'm chatting with you. Now, just remember everybody, none of this is we're just talking. So let's call these hypothetical people. But and so doctor Jef's not recommending you do anything. But if these were patients of yours, which they're not, but if they were, so I got I actually had. I thought I might get five or ten. I actually had like fucking fifty or something. People, I'm like, wow, so I've got twenty in front of me. I'm going to see how we go. So talk as long as you want, but if you could keep each answer to one or two minutes, that's probably good because it will help us get through a bunch. Okay, hypothetical mark from Perth mark.
Speaker 3: Which is the hypothetical part mark or Perth.
Speaker 1: Fifty two also hypothetically fifty two. I've got ni osteoarthritis and I'm trying to avoid a replacement. Do stem cell or PRP injections actually rebuild cartilage or do they just reduce pain? And then he's got all questions my question mark question mark.
Speaker 3: From an educational perspective, PRP is not strong enough to really regenerate cartilage, but it will suppress inflammation related to pain. It won't suppress the mechanical loss of cartilage pain, so the dull achy pain, but some of the more acute inflammatory pain. It can suppress the stem cells or the stem cell exosomes, which is the signaling from stem cells. We have demonstrated to regenerate cartilage. It's it's demonstrated in the literature. We have it anecdotally. We have before and after r people. It takes about a year.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: It has to be targeted just right. It's more effective if you're not completely lost, you haven't completely lost all your cartilage. It's a lot easier to do if you have some cartilage left. Of course, we again with those people, we do stack peptides, wolverine protocol, We do look at their lifestyle, their diet, their supplements, their everything. We want to stack the deck in your favor. And that's one of the most frequent things we do here is take people facing a joint replacement and turn them around.
Speaker 1: That's an amazing capacity to be able to do that, all right. Hypothetical Sophie from Hypothetical Sydney. I've had Charlton Pine for three years after I don't want to say CrossFit, but that's what she wrote. Sorry, CrossFit. CrossFit is pretty good for a lot of people, but everything can injure. You keep that in mind, kids. Charlote Pine three year is my scans say, tend anopathy, what camera regenitor regenerative medicine do for tendon damage if anything?
Speaker 3: Yeah, tendinopathy has an inflammatory component. We approach it, you know, the same way we would. We would consider some peptides. The regenerative biologics from prp UP through stem cells and exosomes can have a role in helping that. We want to reduce the inflammation and then return some flexibility to the tendons. So we might recommend some flexibility work, some yoga, some really good stretches, and then we would talk. We would look at some labs and you know, see, you know, the body tends to dry out, the structures dry, they're more likely to crack, break achilles tendons, rupture, things like that. So we would look at the hormone profile. Yeah, and often that is the thing. I realized that might be difficult where you are to get but it is one of the keys to longevity. Medicine is maintaining a youthful hormone profile.
Speaker 1: Yeah, perfect, Greg Melbourne. I've been told my spinal discs degenerating, is that just aging or camera generative therapies actually reverse it.
Speaker 3: We have seen some cases where we have some improvements in disc. Disc is sort of the holy grail. The they're not as easy to see benefits as regular joints are. But we have something on a coming that we're working on here called the disk sandwich therapy that I coined, where we we will do typical regenerative biologics derived from stem cells in the bone above and below the disc, and then the disc we're going to be inserting something called meuse. And this is a subset of stem cells that are becoming more popular. About one percent of our stem cells are muse. They're smaller, they're more powerful, they're hard to collect because they they're such a small proponent of or component of stem cells in general. But they are now becoming more available. And there was a study out of China, I think a year or two ago, using muse cells in a hydrogel to regenerate disks. So we are seeking to improve upon that and then and then we can re answer that question with more robust positivity. I hope.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, Uh Lillam, I tored my ICL two years ago and it never felt right again. Could stem cell stem cells help avoid another surgery? Uh?
Speaker 3: The ACL? So potentially was the ACL repaired? Is you know the only time we've had stem cells help repair and a S was when it's not fully torn and it's really acute. We have some examples of that. But if it's if it's an old tear and the sides have pulled away, it's not repaired. Putting stem cells in there are not going to regenerate that. You still have to have that repaired. But yes, it can help the rest of the knee. It can help the muscles strengthen, and if you have to do the work still right, you have to rebuild rehability and build the muscles, strengthen the surrounding structures including the other leg including the hips and the ankles, and mechanics mechanics, mechanics, right, So the answer is most probably yes.
Speaker 1: I think you had a surgery. Could stem cells help me avoid another surgery? So yeah, Helen seventy gold lucky you Hell, I've got arthritis in my hands and hips. Oh not so lucky at my age is regenerative medicine is still worth considering.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, she's seven. Absolutely. I have this sweet eighty one year old that comes in every other year for stem cell access m IV. And she's got osteoarthritic aches and pains and many joints throughout her body, and she gets so bad she can't paint her her crafting her she gets these large river rocks and she eats colorful things and gives them out as paperweight gifts. I've got one in my other room. She she gets an IV and she feels amazing for up to two years at a time. And she said, when do I come back? I said, you let me know when you're ready. We see her about every two years.
Speaker 1: That's bad for business. You need to get one that I'm in the last two weeks.
Speaker 3: You're right, I'm not thinking this through.
Speaker 1: Yeah, stop being so fucking NRS Jack forty four. I have a chronic law back pain with no clear cause. Would stem cell therapy help nerve related pain or only joint damage?
Speaker 3: So I would seek to find that cause. To me, that's just an incomplete diagnostic. We just need to work that out. But separate from that, there are approaches for nerve pain with regenerative medicine. There are approaches for joint related inflammatory pain, and sometimes it's some of both. But it's about the targeting. It's not just you know what the cause is, but exactly where it is so we can put it in the right place. So this is where high quality MRIs with all the bells and whistles are done. Three tesla MRI with all kinds of sequences we ask for. It's like a secret menu you have to know about. You can't just check a box as MRI lower spine. Yeah. And then it's about correlating the findings on the MRI with someone who knows what they're looking at to the actual symptoms. You need to be asked a hundred questions. Where does it hurt, what sets it off? What makes it better? Does it radiate? Show me how big the spot is where it hurts, how deep is it? You know? And there's an art to this, and it has to be it takes time.
Speaker 1: Well, you would know you're a spinal surgeon among other things.
Speaker 3: You know, I got to tell you that you see one hundred patients, there's going to be one of them who you keep looking and looking and looking and it's not clear that there is an anatomic source and that does happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so what are you doing that?
Speaker 3: Cause you keep looking, you might try some nerve blocks or numbing blocks of joints and things to Sometimes it's like going to the fuse box. You have that you call the fuse boxes down there. Okay, so you go to the fuse box outside the house because you want to change a light fixture in the bathroom and you don't know which you know, no one labeled the fuses, so you've got to figure out which one shuts off the bathroom because you want to turn off the power so you won't electrocute yourself during the during the changing the thick of the light fixture, so you know, you start throwing one switch at a time. And that's sometimes what these numbing blocks do. We turn off the sensation of a joint or of a nerve area or something to see if we can make that pain temporarily go away. Because if you can make it temporarily go away, then there's likely a solution that can make it go away well for longer periods of time, maybe forever.
Speaker 1: Yes, this next one, I've just read her right she's thirty four. Its could be premature this question, but anyway, maybe it's the perfect time. I'm trying to optimize longevity. Stem cells just for injuries or can they be used preventatively for aging? Some pretty good question here.
Speaker 3: Great, these questions are fantastic. You couldn't have done a better job getting it. They were long.
Speaker 1: They were all longer, like some of them were a paragraph. I'm like, I'm not reading a paragraph, but I just like all of the stuff that I'm reading was within the thing. Some of them were this short and this specific. But I just took the main question and because otherwise we'd be twenty minutes on each person. Yeah, so I'm trying to optimize longevity. Ask themselves just for injuries or can they be used preventatively for aging?
Speaker 3: No, it's a great question. And I love that we're hearing from a younger person about this because the earlier you start taking action and the more you do over your life span, the better the result, the longer you will live. And if I could script out the perfect storm of a longevity plan, it would be starting in your twenties and thirties. So, and I have people younger people who are enthusiastic about this in the biohacking crowd, and they do come for ivs once every six months, once every twelve months. And yes, anything you do that suppresses inflammation, including stem cells, regenerative medicine and other things will slow the aging of your cells. And you've just slow the aging of yourselves. You're slowing the aging of yourselves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, oh, I see what you did there. I see that.
Speaker 3: It's just a slight little okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, Steve Corell, you're on fire today. Ah. Nina. By the way, nanas from Barron Bay. I'm also jealous. Have you ever heard of Barron Bay? Doc? No, Yeah, very nice place. It's on the coast. It's at the top of New South Wales Tiff, isn't it. It's not quite in Queensland, I think, so, yeah, just find that out and if I'm wrong, correct me. Tom forty nine camera. I had a cuff surgery five years ago and it never fully healed. Can regenerative treatments fix old surgical damage? That's kind of lot when we had a few guide ye, So you know.
Speaker 3: Two things my two antennae go up. Antenna one is did the surgery not fully repair things. You know, has there been an MRI to take a deeper look and see what's still going on? Or number or number two, is it's still just you know, leftover damage from the underlying injury that caused the problem in the first place. The answer is there may be an approach for regenerative medicine to both of those, and again it would be targeted off. We have a really well done MRI three Tesla with inversion recovery sequences, thin slices. I mean you this is like you know, you've got to be really detailed and and the the issues will likely show themselves. Of course, we match that with where the pain is and what movements make it worse, and what functions you struggle with, you know, is it overhead lifting? Is it rotation? Is you know what? And then from there we can build a plan and give it a try.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, if it's like me, it's putting on your seat belt, external rotation, it's like my left shoulders ratshet clinically, I think that's the diagnosis. And also through TESLA, not to be confused with the TESLA three.
Speaker 3: Correct, well done, well done, You're welcome.
Speaker 1: Who is that? Tom Maria fifty six Melbourne, him, Maria, I have early hip pathritis. What does that even mean? I have early hip pathritis and I'm terrified of a replacement? You and me both, Maria. How effective our regenerative injections at delaying surgery. I'm not sure exactly what she's asking, but.
Speaker 3: I have this. This is a great question, and it's great that you caught it early. And let's talk about the word arthritis, because a lot of physicians throw that word out there, and it's kind of unfair. It's a little too broad. So when a joint wears down, whether it's from repetitive use, maybe a focal injury at one time that's catching up with you later, or just hard living, it gives you inflammation. It affects a joint. It's called osteoarthritis. Now that's separate from a disease called rheumatoid arthritis. That's a genetic disease, and although both can lead to inflammation, and that inflammation causes degeneration of joints. First, usually the cartilage layer. And as you lose that cartilage layer, and the word for that is chondro Malaysia, you lose the cartilage layer, and then you lose the cushion and things start to hurt because bone is rubbing on bone at some point, which is sort of the ends age of that. So let's talk about cartilage production when you are a fetus in Craig, you remember being a fetus of course.
Speaker 1: Nine months off. I fucking loved it. I was so comfy.
Speaker 3: The the you're you're producing cartilage, you're making the joints, and you're doing it from a set of cells that live in what are called the growth plates of the bone. So that that concept is the bone makes the cartilage. So when you're getting injections, the best injections to restimulate that factory is a bone injection, not a cartilage injection. Cartilage is barely cellular. It's it's basically biological rubber. So Tiff, just like hair grows from the follicles in your scalp, I excluded you, Craig. The follicle grows, the fall produces the protein of hair. Yeah, he's never gonna let me on the show again, is he? Oh?
Speaker 1: I will die back. In therapy for Johmbar.
Speaker 3: The bone produces the protein of cartilage. So if you're getting injections of regenerative injections into the cartilage space that has the lesser outcome than injecting the bone. So the French literature has proven this, and a lot of what we do follows some of that literature. They have over fifteen year follow up comparing bone injections to cartlage injections in the same patient. One knee gets the bone, one knee gets the cartilage. Over eighty two percent at fifteen years having had the bone injection are still able. They're doing well enough to avoid a surgery, whereas the cartilage injected. The joint injected group what we call intra articular group now only twenty percent of fifteen years. So we know that the party is in the bone edge, in the growth plate, and that's why we inject the bone. Now that sounds painful, but we do sedate people for that procedure. So back to the underlying question, Yes, there there are approaches we do. I could do quite a bit of hip and join injections to help people avoid surgery. But when we say joint, I'm talking about the bone above and below the joint.
Speaker 1: I want to say the needle that gets injected into a bone that must be imagine it's.
Speaker 3: A little old. I don't have one here, handy, but it's a little drill, little.
Speaker 1: Plastic that might so much bitter. She's out, she's like, fuck you drill. Wow. So it's a little drill. So you drill it in and then you put the drug in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the drill inserts a needle and bone needle. It's a fifteen engaged needle. And then I do it under fluoroscopy, which is X ray guidance. Target it on what I've seen on the MRI. So I match up the entry point, the depths, the angles. I know exactly where to go. Then I deliver the the you know biologics. Usually a stem cell derived exosome amniotic fluid has growth factors that has stem cell signaling, and and that's when we see really wonderful things start to happen on the In the vast majority of the cases, improve cartilage, improve, reduced pain, reduced inflammation, bigger smiles, more activity.
Speaker 1: Yeah. If you and I should book in a week either with the good doc, it might be bringing your bloke along. He's pretty fucked and old as well. He's like, he's not the poster boy for broken Uh, and uh, you know we could just book him up for a week. We'd have to you'd have to sell a kidney and not have to sell I don't know something, wouldn't you could sell that? We could go what do he said? We could go and get an assessment and then get a pro and then just pop back once a year for a fucking top up for it might be cheaper just to fly him. Oh no, we can't do it in Australia. Everything's illegal. This podcast probably illegal. All right, let's move on. Ben. Oh we've got a dude and he's thirty one. Hey Ben, thanks for being part of my very old listening group. No, not that ot Ben thirty one, Sydney. I am a competitive runner, of course you are. With recurring hamstring tears can stem cells, strengthen tissue so it stops reinjuring.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, there's a role there. It would suppress the inflammation. We would probably stack some peptides to help the courtlage structures the muscles in that area. You know, some really good rehabilitative activities you could learn to do for hamstring stretching, because we want to have more range. You know, runners get tight, they get tight hamstrings, and it's it's there, it's their albatross. In fact, I would say their hamstring could be their achilles.
Speaker 1: Heel, oh look at what you did there? Yeah wow, he truly is Steve Carrell tonight. Okay, so this is from Diane who's in Hobart. Do you know where Hobart is, Docicer, Hobart is the capital of Tasmania, down the bottom of Aussie, down the bottom of us. Got it's not lon Sston, is it? It is Hobart. Yeah. I just had a moment there where I was guessing myself that's where Tiff was born.
Speaker 2: That's why she's got that Tazzy is, but not Hobart.
Speaker 1: Or well Tazzy. I mean it's only about fucking three miles long, so that's not I mean, it's like it's like a town. No, it's beautiful. I love Tazzy. Diane sixty three Hobart. I've got spinal canals. Well she doesn't say canal. I chuck that in there. I've got spinal stenosis and numbness in my legs. Is that something we're generative medicine can help? Or is surgery the only option? So? So stenosis is basically the narrowing of the like the passage where the nerves go through. As I understand it, Doc, and so ergo, numbness in her legs. What are your thoughts?
Speaker 3: Well, we will speak generally here because she didn't specify if the numbness, sorry, if the stenesis is in the lower spine, lumber spine or the knight because you can have stenosis in the neck affecting the fibers all the way down. But let's assume it is a lower back issue with next next question is what's causing a stenosis? Is she born with it? Some people are born with the narrow canal to begin with, and then or is it acquired? Did she develop her neiated discs that are that have slid into to that area, or accumulation of degenerative you know, build up which we see as well. Sometimes it's a combination of those things. We don't yet have a regenerative option to open up the canal. We have an option regenerative options, do you know, reduce the inflammation if there are symptoms. But at the end of the day, sometimes you just need more space, you need you need to add an addition to your house. Yeah, surgically perfect.
Speaker 1: I get it. What are we up to? Josh? Have we got Josh? I'm just looking at it. I'm trying to find them all. Let's go with Rebecca. I think this is maybe a bit different for Rebecca forty seven, Melbourne. I'm perimenopausal and everything feels inflamed and ikey, tif just put up a hand. Is that your sister from another? Mister? Yeah, so TIFF's sister from an other the mister Rebecca says on perimenopausal and everything basically feels shit. Does regenerative medicine interact with hormonologing?
Speaker 3: Good question, It can somewhat. But what we really need here is to pull you back from perimenopause with optimal youthful hormone restoration bioidentical hormone replacement therapy. The longer you have cycles, the longer you will live. Period. If you have a.
Speaker 1: Child, no pun intended? Yeah right, yeah, so what you did they you didn't even know it?
Speaker 3: I did it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, period, no pun intended.
Speaker 3: No pun intended. So having recovered from that, the you.
Speaker 1: To a slow Seriously, you might be need to get on some kind of some new tropic both. You mightbe hit the ratan before you jump on close.
Speaker 3: I've got some creatin gummies that we're sampling right here.
Speaker 1: I could Yeah, sure they sure, they cretan absolutely cree and that's what calls them too.
Speaker 3: I probably need one of those. Okay, So, hormone replacements the key to staying young, delaying perimenopause, to delaying menopause because the long term anti inflammatory and cellular health benefits will reduce the inflammation will slowly be eight of the cells, will promote better tissues. You know, we're seeing all these peri and innermenopausal women with hip pain. They get these tennopathies and glue deal teninopthies, and they call it. They go in thinking they have a degenerated hip, but it's really just their tenons are drying out. Their skin is drying out, their eyes are drying out, their lips are drying out. Everything's drying out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just having a scroll. So let's do three more. Does that work for you? Doc? Have you got the time?
Speaker 3: I could do thirty more?
Speaker 1: Oh? Give you up? All right, So let's go. Josh and I we just did Oh oh no, that was Ben. That was Oh another dude. Welcome Josh, I've got elbow and wrist pine from years of desk work and lifting. Would PRP or stem cells or something else help for overuse injuries?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean we take a good look at you particularly, but yeah, we would start out with, you know, peptides. Potentially PRP is a great option all the way up through something in the stem cell realm because you think about PRP is a low grade regenerative stem cells and exersons being higher in potency. Yeah, there's be great options for inflammatory based pain, particularly if we have a target on MRI.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Right, it really helps us put it in the right place, you know, but that doesn't replace a good rehab program, stretching, strengthening, amtory, lifestyle behaving.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, I get it. Steve fifty five Newcastle? Do you say Newcastle? Tiff on? Newcastle?
Speaker 2: Newcastle?
Speaker 1: Okay, that's very posh Newcastle. Hello Steve fifty five from Newcastle and welcome back, Welcome back to the you project. That sounded creepy as fuck. Don't do that, I'll get a tiff. Do you like games? It's not as bad as that, though, is it?
Speaker 2: Hey, not bring that one out? How are you often? Milita? And I had to deal with that voice.
Speaker 1: They would, how are you tiff? All right, let's go. Let's go with Steve fifty five Newcastle. Come on down, hey guys, thanks, I have had I had a maniscus tare and now my nae cape swelling. Can stem cells repair that maniscus.
Speaker 3: Potentially? Yes, we've we've seen that, and the tear itself may not be the issue. The underlying issue may be the supporting cellular activity that produce, maintain, and assist the cartilage. Because you can have a small tear if you have plenty of cartilage. Yeah, So it just depends. If the tear is getting caught and your knee is buckling, there may be a piece that needs to get trimmed out, cleaned up. That may be true as well.
Speaker 1: Well you know what, that was number fourteen, So we've got six to go. Let's bang through them if you've got time. Yeah, let me join this, all right, Alana twenty nine Sydney. Is there a risk of cancer or immune reactions from stem cell therapy?
Speaker 3: So we don't really see immune reactions. They are hypothetical. Stem cells and particularly stem cell drive signaling like exosomes, are immunoprivileged they're sort of neutral to the immune system, you know, you think about it. Otherwise, mothers would reject babies if they if they weren't because the babies are made all of stem cells most of their nine months. So now the cells don't across the placenta, but the exosomes do, So the exisomes are really not having any reactions. Every now and then we see someone that has a low grade fever the first day after a stem cell procedure or injection or IV and that that might be a small reaction, but nothing appreciably. Now on the cancer side, I'm not using generic stem cells or exisomes and people with cancer because we just don't know what it'll do. It's controversial. Some people say, well, it helps the immune system fight the cancer. Some say, well, we don't want to take any chances, so of course we don't want to take chances. But we have a solution, and then we have access to something called natural killer cell exosomes, which are from the immune system to help we use those with people who have cancer who want to add something natural to their regimen or instead of something that's harsher like chemotherapy or radiation.
Speaker 1: Perfect there you go. Alana, Rob sixty six, too long I've been I think I can answer this, Rob. I think the answer is no. But anyway, I've been told I'm too old for certain perceidurees. Does IgE affect how well stem cells work? I guess it has an impact, but probably not too old.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean listen, when we if we were taking your own stem cells from your body. Yeah, yes, the older ones are less likely to do much, but we're using these you know, donated perinatal you know, womb leftovers once the baby's born, and they're super youthful. Yeah, they're more effective in people with less inflammation, meaning younger people. But you know, at in this man said he's in the sixties, right, So.
Speaker 1: Rob sixty six, Yeah, sixty six.
Speaker 3: So you know, I don't see a sixty six year old man being too old for surgery or too old for regenerate medicine. It's you know, were we do surgeries and people up into their eighties, which in terms of muscular skeletal surgeries. So yeah, so I don't know, I don't know why you were disqualified. Maybe that's an Australian thing, but you know you wouldn't be disqualified here unless you had specific medical reasons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sixty six, Tim is way too young to be excluded from most surgeries that I can think of. Patrick thirty seven, Melbourne, I do Brazilian jiu jitsu. Well, good for you. I love jiu jitsu. Please don't her hurt me my joints? Well, he right fucked? Hey Patrick, this is a non swearing program. My joints feel fucked. He sounds like a man after my own heart. Can regenerative medicine help with long term wear and tear?
Speaker 3: Let me grapple with this one.
Speaker 1: Ye, Hey, bring me a needle and thread for my sides?
Speaker 3: They just split again? The answer would be yes again. These are these are accumulations of inflammatory degeneration and damage. That that's the sweet spot for regenerative medicine. It's you know, the most powerful natural anti inflammatory you could think of is the womb. Yeah, putting you back in the womb, that's what this is. So yes, absolutely yes, even people who have beat themselves up with jiu jitsu, I can say it.
Speaker 1: Yes, men angry, what in pajamas trying to strangle each other? Well, all men in pajamas and women, I'll tell you what. There's this lady, young lady. I think her name's Helena something. She's like the best female jiu jitsu practitioner whatever you call them in the world. She's eighteen. Oh my goodness, google her. Everyone have a look at her. She's Helena. Maybe it's Helena a weapon. All right, We've got three to go, and these are all a little bit different, thank god, because I thought we were getting a bit repetitious. Luisa fifty eight nousa also jealous of where you live? Louisa, how do I know if a clinic offerings stem cells is legitimate and not just selling snake oil?
Speaker 3: Great question, Love the question. So first have a talk with the practitioner. Do you feel that you're in front of someone with experience who's educated. Number two? Did they overpromise? Did they say they could cure a treat, a disease or condition? Really, what you want to say, here's an option, here's the literature on it. I would hope that you get a similar or better response. Would you like to try it? Here are the other options to compare to You know, you also want to know the source of the biologics, the biologics being the stem cells or exosomes. Or PRP or whatever you're getting, where did it come from? Tell me about the population the donations. Tell me about the certification. Show me a certificate of analysis. I want to see the testing on it. So for example, when we use you know, amniotic fluid, which is rich in exosomes and growth factors, we have a four page testing. We show each patient every virus you know, etc. Tested. We draw from a pool of donors that have not been vaccinated for COVID. We have these are screened and the first trimester for their health. We want healthy donors, non smokers, non drinkers, yeah, during the seet. So we really are improving the quality of the biologic. So ask all these questions. If they won't show you or they can't show you where they got them from, then then there's a quality issue you have to be concerned about. And the number number of cells you know, you want fifty or one hundred million cells and xisomes we talk in hundreds of billions to trillions. So if someone offers you, you know, fifty billion xisomes, you know I could sneeze one hundred billion, So that's nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, all right. Second last one, Athan, who is from I almost can't pronounce it. I'm just going to go South Australia shout out to you, Ethan. What's the difference between pay I pay stem cells and exercimes? And how do I I don't know if this is a good quest, but anyway, how do I know which one I need?
Speaker 3: Well? The comparison analysis starts at the very bottom of the lowest potential. Lowest efficacy is PRP. That doesn't mean it can't work. You had like just a minor tennis elbow ten to nins or something that might be perfect. Typically PRPCES comes from your own blood. It's platelet rich plasma, and so it's less expensive because you bring your own supplies, so to speak. But you usually have to do it two or three times, and you have that hassle of drawing the blood from yourself and being reinjected. There's nothing wrong with it. And then moving up from there would be something on a stem cell level. So stem cells and stem cell derived exosomes are in the same genre. You know, stem cells don't do the work, they deliver the exosomes. I like to go right to the exosomes because you get at least the same benefit from the stem cells, but you don't have other people's DNA. The exostomes travel better through tissue because are much smaller, they cross the blood brain barrier, et cetera. The cost of exisomes that was less than stem cells because amniotic fluid is so much more abundant than in the midical cord source of stem cells. So I'm a big fan of exosomes. I think a single exosome treatment is superior to three PRP treatments generally speaking.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: So if you're comparing the cost and the efficacy, relative efficacy and things, you know, I'm an exosome fan, So what's right for you might be a discussion with your clinician and what they have access to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, perfect, Oh this is funny. Last one is from Karen, who's sixty two and is from Ballarat. Well, Karen, I'm sixty two and I was born in Ballarat. Maybe we went to daycare together or I don't know, maybe kindergarten. If for generative medicine really works, why isn't it standardized in hospitals?
Speaker 3: That seems like answer that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, may either that seems like a whole episode.
Speaker 3: Well, here in America, you'd be crushing big pharma. You'd be crushing big implant. You'd be crushing regulations set up to support those money making ventures.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, so I guess commercially and financially and for a lot of people, not us three, but practically it's it's not a regenerative medicine would be a problem. It would be a problem for a lot of people if it if one it worked, which it does, and two if it got any more kind of momentum that it currently has, it's probably already a pain in the ass for some people, so to speak.
Speaker 3: We're already seeing that in the peptad realm, the big goliath Eli Lilly is giving us trouble with use of retitrutade, which is a GP agonist, a peptide. So because of course they have like they must have invented all molecules or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know, how did they even do that? Uh, you're the best. How do people find you, doc? How do they connect with you? And uh, maybe learn more about what you do.
Speaker 3: I'm exclusively on the U project. Yes, so that's where you find me. But thank you for that, thank you for having me, and thank you everybody for the questions. I love those let's do that again. That was fun. Uh yeah, they find you find us at re celebrate our e C E L L E b R A T e re celebrate dot com, at re celebrate on Instagram. That's our LinkedIn, pinterest x formerly, Twitter, YouTube, metube, everything. That's where you find us, all the tubes.
Speaker 1: So if you want to send the good doc while you're on the back of this and you're fucking just dripping with anticipation, I'm not sure that means actually having reviewed that, it sounds quite sexual. I did not mean that. So let's just remove dripping and excited with antis all right, I'll be quiet whatever. If you want to leave the doc a question, go to the you project Facebook page. If you're not a member, become a member. There's no hooks, catchers or agendas or costs or fucking upsell or on cell. There's no cell. Just jump in the group and leave your question. I'll open a little file and I'll chuck it in that for next time the doc and us are together. Awesome, Well say goodbye off here, but always good to catch up with you. Appreciate you. I hope twenty twenty six is an amazing year for you. Personally and professionally, and that great things happen.
Speaker 3: And to you both and all your listeners, it's always great talking to you. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Can I ask a closing question on createam just because you popped a little gummy earlier, yep, so f now my gap does not tolerate creatine in larger dose, not even in standard doses the way it used to. What would cause that change?
Speaker 3: I'm not sure it caused the change. You know, the gut biome changes, and you know, you may want to add some probiotics, see if you can reset some of the biome. Maybe eat some fermented foods, and you know, space your creatine out throughout the day in one gram gummies like looks like I'm doing on my desk, but I'm trying. I got listen. Creatine's tough, but we need to have to try all kinds of different gummies. I've got these candies now I'm trying, and.
Speaker 2: No good for me. I've got no portion control when it comes to gummies and candies or anything sweet. I will eat the whole bucket.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the powder's rough, you know, I put it in my coffee, but it's it's not tasty.
Speaker 1: So just have it with.
Speaker 2: Four think, yeah, I just have the plane. It's got no taste. I've got a really plain powder. It's great.
Speaker 1: If you know what you need. When someone when doctor Jeffin invents creating cookies, your fucking you're at the front of the line, like what chocolate creatine cookies you welcome world, or dark chocolate and raspberry creating cookies? Oh far? Come on? Yeah, look at you both pathic.
Speaker 3: So if your listeners can all rite in now and help us name that, yeah, we'll brand. We'll brand it next week.
Speaker 1: And that could be our first commercial end forever.
Speaker 3: Try some Try some different probiotics, you know, change up your biome a little bit, you know, and and see if that's something, and then spread it out, spread it out throughout the day. If you're taking all of it at once, that's probably too much for your gut.
Speaker 1: Or just drink a cup of cement and harden the fuck up. We'll go to the room mirrors and have a good look at yourself. All right.
Speaker 2: You wank you for your input.
Speaker 1: Halts always always supportive, always loving, you know. It's it's like I used to say to my clients at the gym doc when they'd complain, I'd say, if you don't want me to tell you what to do, don't fucking come here, because this is how it works. They're like, I don't want to do this. I'm like, don't come this is what we're doing. Thanks Doc, see you next time.
Speaker 3: Thank you.