Speaker 1: You are on the air with Jason Lauren Clint here as well, and so is our boy.
Speaker 2: Nick.
Speaker 1: The was that Watson is in the house often. An amazing win against the Crow's God, it was good to see you punish them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was good. Good to go over there and finally win because we've had a few big losses over there, so it was good to walkaid with the win.
Speaker 3: So you guys have really gone the long way round, haven't you. It's been a tough month for the Hawks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it has been. In pre finals we had Brisbane and Brisbane as well, so yeah, we have have had a long run and good to be back at the G this week.
Speaker 4: You must be so excited to play back in Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so excited just to traveling and get a bit draining sometimes, so it's good. Yeah, to finally be back at the G in our home deck.
Speaker 5: No pressure, but we've got a pretty good strike rate on this show. Back in twenty twenty one we got around Christian Petrarca and look at what he did.
Speaker 1: He don't don't.
Speaker 2: Mason the pressure?
Speaker 5: Yeah, win the premiership Nick Watson this year.
Speaker 1: Don't do that, TWI the jinx.
Speaker 5: You will speak now I watched your media conference yesterday and you spoke very well, Nick, well done because it was there was a lot of journals there was Yeah, he got some curly questions.
Speaker 4: What curly questions did you get?
Speaker 2: What was the truck?
Speaker 5: I remember they were trying to set They was trying to set traps.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I feel like I'm getting better at reading them and trying to get there.
Speaker 4: You've always got such a big smile on your Facebook.
Speaker 1: They're not smarter what they do. It's so clear. I went with Clint to they're not what sorry, the captains to them, most of them football's or the big Captain's day. And it was like watching that scene in an command with all the different journals from the different TV was coming out trying to catch you out.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 5: One of the questions you got asked yesterday, which I thought your answer was really beautiful, was about your boyhood dream and what it would mean to make an AFL Grand Final. So tell Melbourne now you know, is it something you do dream about all your life?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Well my answer is yeah, it's obviously your dream big of that. But if got a prelim first, ye, safe fans, So we've got.
Speaker 5: To you can be a little bit sort of more rogue here.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, it's hard not to think about the Grand Final. Only one went away. But yeah, obviously we have to have your long first, and it's just it's just cleaning off my tongue. I'll get media trained so it comes off normally.
Speaker 3: Give you media training and tell you what to say in those interviews.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they sort of give you a rundown of what they're going to ask and say.
Speaker 4: So do they tell you what to say when you come in here?
Speaker 2: Not really, do.
Speaker 4: They tell you what you shouldn't say when you come in here?
Speaker 2: I just go, Yeah, it can't be stupid, can't give me, can't give anything that opposition will use the fire.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, god no, you're going to get those hard hidden questions here.
Speaker 2: That's what I said when when I come in here. It's fine. It's hardly about.
Speaker 4: Sometimes if you know.
Speaker 3: But we've been having you haven't been available to us because you've been very busy playing in some of these big finals.
Speaker 4: So we've got a new Hawthorne Corson.
Speaker 1: You've left us no.
Speaker 3: Choric and it is your mum, Laurie, who we are obsessed.
Speaker 1: We love her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know she was on yesterday morning.
Speaker 1: Well she like she'll probably beat the Grand Final breakfast, so.
Speaker 4: She doesn't ask for your permission.
Speaker 2: She didn't. She tell me that she was on tomorrow morning, so she's doing the solo.
Speaker 3: Is she Are you happy with her being out like you know, Hawthorne correspondent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was nervous first up that she must be loving it now ye again.
Speaker 1: Well she realized this we don't talk about football.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's giving us all the glosses to which mum, which mums she hangs with, and which mums go for drinks after the game.
Speaker 1: Lauren was a little bit shocked though, when we found out that your mum was driving in a car of five people to Adelaide.
Speaker 3: We could have got a flight if we were prepared to extend our mortgage.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 3: You didn't hit the wizard up and say, come on, son, you've had a good few years.
Speaker 4: Put your hand in your pockets for mum.
Speaker 2: No, we didn't bother with that because the ager probably would have been.
Speaker 3: And I sort of don't blame you because they also said they still half barak for Collingwood.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how dog, he is at a bit tight you a bit tight.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not hold that thought because I asked her about gifts as well. What did he get you for your last birthday?
Speaker 2: Nothing? Your wings? She asked for nothing, she says, don't get me present.
Speaker 1: That's a trap. My wife says the same.
Speaker 4: Having your part of the show, what.
Speaker 5: Do they mean to your family? Because they've obviously been through you. They drive you around as a junior, and clearly they've been with you every step of the way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, obviously Dad's side was he was more teaching me about footed Mum didn't know too much about footage. She was the more the driver when I was younger. So they also helped me a lot growing up and kept me ground especially Dad and my brother as well. They kept me very grounded and make sure I don't get ahead of myself. So they were very good. And obviously, yeah, making a trip up doing a what is it nine hour car trip for a final.
Speaker 1: Or you would know you're on the plane.
Speaker 3: All of them, the whole fam in then miss and Navara, your brother and his girlfriend as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, so it was a good trip and yeah, we're glad we got to win this time for him, because they did they did last year. As well when you lost the port Adelaide, so didn't want to do it.
Speaker 1: If everything goes your way Friday night, who's the carrier in the family? Will Dad be in tears?
Speaker 2: Probably Mum? Yeah, Dad would just be like, hopefully pay the pies. Finally he says he's not.
Speaker 4: But what about Jack Ginovan?
Speaker 3: I saw him arrive in Adelaide and he had every media personality and camera around him following him.
Speaker 4: He had his headphones on him.
Speaker 3: He tried to kind of play straight back and keep a straight face and just walk through.
Speaker 4: Did he mention anything afterwards? Is that overwhelming for him?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So I think we sort of knew it was going to happen, So he sort of got the heads up saying there's going to because obviously from his past in Adelaide there was a bit going on. So I think he sort of knew it was going to happen. And then we walked off and they're are just waiting there for him, and then he got told just to say nothing because if he does say something, I don't know which way it would go.
Speaker 5: But can I give you some intel there? Yeah, I reckon or I've been told that three of the four cameras were from one network.
Speaker 2: Really why?
Speaker 5: I think they were just trying to.
Speaker 4: They were trying to bait, They were trying to get a reaction.
Speaker 1: You guys will do that. You'd seen extra cameras?
Speaker 5: No, sorry, I just mean you know, and I'm not saying which station. It was, multiple camera.
Speaker 1: Just to try and bait him and get a rise out of it.
Speaker 5: And you said it, Yeah, they want to fire him.
Speaker 3: That would just fire him up before the game. Was he really wearing Port Adelaide socks?
Speaker 2: Nah? Were his old tac cut So I got to ask that before the game as well, and I didn't like. I don't know what he was wearing, but.
Speaker 4: I thought he was throwing shape.
Speaker 2: Nah, I don't think he was.
Speaker 1: He's actually gone to the Adelaide website downloaded.
Speaker 5: Have we got to sally figured out for for Friday night? It's gonna be a big crowd ninety Geelong Premium Final, don't get much bigger. What do we if you kick a snag? What are we doing?
Speaker 2: I haven't really done too many salies lately. You did the other night the other day. That just comes off natural. But sometimes I don't think about a pre game like Guinean Cimac. They think about a pre game, I just sort of kicking have a little glimpse, so I don't know what I'm doing. And then yeah, back to footy.
Speaker 4: You kick some good goals on the weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mister few as well. For mine, We're trying to focus on.
Speaker 4: Well, good luck this weekend. I'm so excited for you.
Speaker 3: And I know I have many friends who are Hawthorne fans and they are just out of their mind.
Speaker 1: Tim Blackwell that works on the Drive Show, has been evil in the last two weeks. Massive he used to MC all the all the games. Yep, huge, huge horse.
Speaker 5: Glenn, the Glenn Peril.
Speaker 2: Has only come out the last two weeks.
Speaker 1: No, no, just the last two weeks.
Speaker 2: That's all this.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, He's just been going hard, that's all he's been talking about. He's been out celebrating. I think he's launched, like you guys have already won the Grand Final.
Speaker 2: Been a good ride.
Speaker 1: But mate, Friday night against the Cat, get him, go, get him. Good luck.
Speaker 5: Jason Lauren Lauren wake up feeling good following them on the socials