Speaker 1: Go get you morning every day, every lad. Welcome to the podcast. Hey, hey, hey, put your hand up. If you're absolutely terrified of women, oh, I got both my hands.
Speaker 2: I mean, not being able to understand them is a very different proposition to being frightfully scared of the female species. But there's a man in Rawanda who just has the kittings hidden himself away just so he doesn't have to encounter any female.
Speaker 1: Different approach. You can either deal with your problems head on, or you can just completely isolate yourself and hide from women for fifty five years. Here's a bit of a headline that really connects with me, particularly in this particular setting when there's so many women at Nova, isn't there?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Where it? W was just surrounded all the producers, your news reader, Abby, producer and producers Zoe Josh Morrow was well. A Rwandan man has allegedly lived in isolation for fifty five years because of.
Speaker 4: An extreme fear of women. In particular.
Speaker 1: He cites producers Zoe produced Emily.
Speaker 2: She is terrifying first thing in the morning. I'm scared of her too. I might go and hide in a jungle for fifty five years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is clear to go no given another fifty five years. Calick Steweta, who is reportedly seventy one years old, has allegedly spent the last fifty five years in a self imposed exile, barricading himself inside his home to avoid any contact whatsoever with women there.
Speaker 2: He is.
Speaker 1: Mister Zamweta reportedly began I started himself at the age of sixteen, when he does everything from sleeping and cooking, even urinating in space of his own confined bode. A fear of women called gynophobia is not officially recognized as a genuine mental disorder, but it's clinically classified as a specific phobia. It's a thing, and the big fella's got it, and I'm not surprised, to be honest.
Speaker 5: So every time we find you rocking in.
Speaker 2: The full in the corner, hey's just gotobia kicking in again.
Speaker 1: Somebody get me out of here. It's about rageous phobia is about I'll see what. I'm just going to name you a couple of them. What about this frigophobia which every single woman has. You've all got frigophobia?
Speaker 5: What is it?
Speaker 4: And that is a fear of cold?
Speaker 1: Oh yes, an unnecessary fear of cold and is even after you're reassured that, hey, everyone else is sweating and you have six blankets on you, you're not cold.
Speaker 5: Okay, I've got frigophobia.
Speaker 2: I came in this morning with a jacket which can only be described as a walking doner.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's so.
Speaker 1: Cold, and you're like, I'm so freaking cold. I've got frigophobia. What about this one? Iraqi beauty urophobia? What a racky betyerphobia? That is a fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth, which makes a lot.
Speaker 5: Of sense, to be honest, a nice feeling.
Speaker 4: Horses have that fear in particular.
Speaker 1: You see when horses, No I don't try to look it back to me, for goodness, take this for goodness sake, but you can see when horses get peanut but a stack of the rythm, they really freak out, properly wig out.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Right, So here's a couple of phobias that I found which we're all safe from. And I'm no medical expert, but I can safely say that there's three particular people in this team but don't have these current phobias. The first one is alegrophobia that is a fear of being late. So congratulations, judge, you don't have that. You don't have that, So sleep easy knowing that you don't worry about being late.
Speaker 5: Well I do.
Speaker 1: That's good. This is a genuine world. It's called angrophobia, which is a fear of being over the top angry news reader, Abby, don't worry about that.
Speaker 5: She's completely fine.
Speaker 6: You're so fine.
Speaker 1: And this one is iop trophobia, which is a fear of mirrors. And I don't have that. Good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's saying never walked past the mirror.
Speaker 1: He didn't like.
Speaker 5: That's me about memment?
Speaker 4: My really sure?
Speaker 5: It is so time for it. Let's go girl, okay, chick assem.
Speaker 2: Do like a little page. All the ladies to Studio one, please, all the ladies. Okay, this is how this works. We have all the girls assembled here and we're going to talk about stuff that we've maybe spoken about off air that probably deserves an on air conversation.
Speaker 5: So we've got producer Zoe here. Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 2: Zoe's in her twenties, in a new relationship, relatively happy but alwayo a bit of a career girl as well, absolutely smashing goals at work.
Speaker 5: And we've got newsreader Abby RBF face in your in your thirties, happily single.
Speaker 2: However, something has happened to you this week that probably needs to hit the air waves, I reckon. So this has been happening to me since twenty twenty. A guy over in I think he lives it. Well, I've done some digging. I'm going to be transparent. I did a bit of digging and he lives in Melbourne. He has been messaging me on Facebook Messenger since twenty twenty, random messages every three six eight months. One time it went a year until I had heard from him, and it's just like, hey, hey, Hey, you going, Hey, how are you?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 6: How are you?
Speaker 2: And it got to the point where I eventually just went, oh, hi, sorry, do I know you? And he goes, oh, your dog's really cute. And I didn't reply, and then it just continuously kept going and it got to them the point that he said, you can reply.
Speaker 6: I'm not weird or anything.
Speaker 5: Oh no, now you're sounding weird.
Speaker 1: He definitely weird.
Speaker 6: But in this time as well, I did a bit of digging.
Speaker 2: As I said, he met a woman, he got engaged, he's married. This guy's married, right, and I've spoken to other people. Just before I walked in here, Maddie Rowe stopped me and said, I've been getting messages on Instagram from a guy since twenty eighteen, just like random videos that he sends me. Number one, it makes me feel I'm like, it really pisses me off because as a woman, we feel not safe a lot of the time, so when you're walking out in the.
Speaker 6: Street, you get your keys out, all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: And I've got a social media account, and I understand that, yes, I'm on socials. I get that, and I've also in a position where I am have a bit of a public profile. But the fact that people just continuously think it's okay after not getting a reply to message you is just wrong. So number one actually gets me, like I get a bit teary over this because i just feel like it's just not okay.
Speaker 5: Not Also, do you know what people are going to say? Just block him? Oh?
Speaker 6: Well that's it.
Speaker 2: And so that's my thing is I've turned out of cations off on my phone, so randomly, all of a sudden, I've got six messages and I'm like, oh my god, and I'm so I don't know. This is an excuse, but I'm so busy and I forget to do it. So yes, number one, I should just block him, but I guess I want to know un wanted attention and how to deal with it. Has anyone out there had the same thing? How does it make you feel? And also who who's behind it? Like have you had a friend's boyfriend messaging you? Or have you had your boss messaging you stuff? And and what have you done about it?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, produce Azoi we ever had it?
Speaker 7: Oh? Yeah, I'm lucky. Not not so much when I was a bit younger, maybe like in high school and things like that. Boys just not getting the message. I did see someone for a bit and after telling them I wasn't interested, would still rock up to my house with coffees and stuff trying to win me over them. Yeah, but you know, like different he was. He was just really trying, like he wasn't giving off creep.
Speaker 5: Even still he still needs to have Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: Just rock up to someone's house.
Speaker 1: Something. As I told you, you know, give me.
Speaker 6: Did you deal with this much?
Speaker 2: Jokes?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I've had it or even since being married.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I've.
Speaker 2: Had it a bit and I think I think it comes with the territory. I shouldn't say that it shouldn't come with the territory, but I guess doing this job, Oh yeah, I have messages from the same men constantly that I never reply.
Speaker 5: To the same thing.
Speaker 2: I've never felt threatened enough to block them, you know what.
Speaker 5: And also I think is.
Speaker 2: Why do we feel bad for blocking someone even when it's not our fault. Why do you feel like you're in the wrong because you go that's enough.
Speaker 7: I think it's the same premise of I'll give us a smile that we're supposed to be, yeah, smiling.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I had. I had.
Speaker 2: I went through a stage there where someone had my phone number and every time they would call, it would be a FaceTime of a certain part of their JANITALI to the point where I went to the police and said, what's going on here? That was extreme and they were like, oh, there's nothing we can do. I'm like, you can't track this guy down and say stop stop doing calling with your where's that whistle sound?
Speaker 5: You always go with the whistle sound?
Speaker 4: I needed it for the first time.
Speaker 1: It's locked away. Ask a good question as well, and I'm assuming and I'm hoping this is a small population of the male species, and I speak on behalf of the male species. Can you expose him? Why can you take a screenshot expose it? And then if he's engaged, can you get in contact with his.
Speaker 2: Is this this is a huge thing and a lot of people have said why don't you try, like you know what who she is? Although in saying that he recently locked his profile, so I used to be able to see his profile and now I can't. But it wouldn't be hard to find out who she is. But that's it. When you do get this unwanted attention, do you go to the point of I'm going to go and speak to the fiance or I'm going to message her, Because if he's doing it to me, is he doing it to women?
Speaker 6: So yeah, you would assume, so.
Speaker 1: Go to his fiance if he's not going to listen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But then on the other side of that, I've seen people who do out people on social media and say oh look, and then they get hate for it. Well, there was a case out Elizabeth not so long ago, and there was a guy who that guy chased through the Elizabeth shopping center and my heels remember that bolted outside of court. So he there was a woman that said, I was getting all this unwonted attention from him, and then there was a massive pylon, so she came out. There was a news story on him, and then there were literally fifty other women that came out and said, he's Oh my god, I know him.
Speaker 5: He's been doing that to me as well.
Speaker 1: Thirteen twenty four ten. Yeah, situations like this. Have you been in there?
Speaker 4: And how do you deal with this unwonted attention?
Speaker 1: When I suppose there's different elements that you're thinking from a female perspective.
Speaker 5: Have you received it online? Who was it?
Speaker 2: Why did it make you feel uncomfortable? How did you deal with that? Thirteen twenty four ten. Let's go to Leah.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Leah, good morning.
Speaker 8: How are you good?
Speaker 5: Good? I'm so sorry if this has happened to you.
Speaker 8: Yes, So, about five years ago, there was a guy who was messaging me. I was only about seventeen, so at the time I thought he was being nice, so I gave him my address. He came over one time. He was really really creepy, and then I told him I didn't want to see him again, and he would always message me. I wouldn't reply, and then he would just drop off, like food stopping at my door because he told me that I didn't eat well, so he would just drop food at my door even though I hadn't replied. I hadn't replied four weeks and he would just always drop food to my door. Also my side, my bedroom window didn't lock, but he would like put flowers and things opened my window.
Speaker 4: And just like throw them in.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 8: And I had not responded to him. And then I found out that he had a wife and a son for context as well, when he was about thirty seven and I was seventeen.
Speaker 6: Did you know he was thirty seven? Sorry? When he was messaging you at the start?
Speaker 8: No, no, no.
Speaker 5: And so how did you how did it all end up? Leah?
Speaker 8: So I told his wife, his wife left him and divorced him, and then the weird so I was getting really creepy messages from him, like he would write poems about me. He would make memes about me, like lovely things. It was really really strange. And then when I told his wife, he turned into just straight abuse. He said it was my fault that they divorced. It was my fault that he left it, that she left him, and that went on for a couple of months as well. I blocked him. He would still make little accounts just to message me.
Speaker 6: Oh my god.
Speaker 8: I was about five years ago now, and I think he's probably a lonely man now.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and it's definitely not your fault. It's his fault for.
Speaker 2: Doing the wrong thing and chasing someone twenty years younger than him, a teenager.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I was. Actually I was still a minor at that point.
Speaker 6: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bar Routley, thank you so much for your call this morning. Let's go to Ali.
Speaker 5: Ali.
Speaker 2: I'll jump in here and say you were one of the victims of this guy out at Elizabeth. Let's not mention his names because I'm not sure if it's still before the court, but this happened to you with him.
Speaker 9: Yeah, actually I was. He messaged me over the past four or five years. I never responded to any of them, but yeah, he just kept going. He found now dating started about five or six years ago, and then searched my Facebook for me and just kept mexaging me constantly.
Speaker 2: I had a guy recently who I matched with him, and then I sort of looked his profile went oh, probably not for me. I unmatched him and he found me on Facebook and said, why do you want to match me for?
Speaker 6: Like, I wanted to talk to.
Speaker 2: You, so, Alie, have you heard from him recently or has it all stopped? No?
Speaker 9: Not since the whole court case thing, thankfully.
Speaker 2: And was it a case where you saw him on the news and went, oh my god.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 9: My sister in law actually tagged me and she was like, oh my god, is this the guy that has been messaging you? And I was like, yes, that's human.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow.
Speaker 5: We well, thank you so much for your call. To Neil. Oh gosh, these calls never end, do they? To Neil? What happened?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 10: I used to work in a store as a cashier and I had a customer come through and I made small talk, was really friendly, as you are with customers. And then he started coming back frequently and never purchasing things. And on Valentine's Day he brought me flowers and he'd bring me cups of coffee and stuff like that, always just sort of checking in on me. It was really weird. And then one day I went to work, had lunch break, came back and I was like, he was there, and he said, oh, you've just been at home having someone sitting out in the suns. Basically, yeah, it was very very storkery. Yeah it was.
Speaker 5: Well, and how's it all ended Upil?
Speaker 10: So he kind of would just keep coming in, and you know, me being it was a big power dynamic. I guess he's the customed to me having to be kind to him. So I basically just said, look, I've got a partner, and I did. My partner worked in the store as well, and I said, my boyfriend's just over there, like, yeah, you know, we probably don't appreciate you coming in anymore. And I just sort of had to leave it at that without offending him too much. And that's the thing we women do. We don't want to offend me.
Speaker 5: I know, even though you've.
Speaker 2: Been mortified and offended to Neil, you did absolutely the right thing and you didn't do anything wrong. And I would say that to all the women out there who were feeling that way. Thank you for sharing your stories this morning. I think we should give everyone an Earth Clay voucher. Yeah that we've spoken to you're welcome. Oh my god. I think the last thing I want to say is that if you're and look, I get that it happens.
Speaker 6: It's men and women, but especially men.
Speaker 2: If you're out there and you're messaging someone repeatedly on social media, or they've told you that they're not interested, please stop because you don't understand how it makes us feel. It's unsafe and they're obviously not interested. To just move on as well.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. Get involved conversation.
Speaker 4: It's very very brave story.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 3: For all kinds of accommodation in Australia's hotspots and hidden gems, check out the what if that plan your summer getaway today? What if it's eusy for travel pleas where you're.
Speaker 5: Waking up to Adelaide.
Speaker 4: Breaking news? What's the news today?
Speaker 1: Snooze news.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is where we take the top three songs of the morning and condense before you give all the information that you need so you don't have to peruse the internet for an hour and then be late for work and then.
Speaker 5: You get the same from your boss.
Speaker 2: You know, songs or news say songs, Yeah, yeah, okay, all right, little tied this.
Speaker 1: Morning, still celebrating her random songs of songs on song People.
Speaker 2: Were rejoicing in the streets about that. Yesterday, Beautiful Elloy's from a hot streets center said, oh my god, I was so happy you won that, But anyway, I meant news stories, Abbey, let's go to you first. I'm going to say, because I'm really bad at songs. So a huge accolade for Kangaroo Island. They've been named on Lonely Planet's Hot List for twenty twenty four. So basically, Lonely Planet is a medius organization and they do guides and travel guides and information about any destination you can think of in the world, and they've put out a list of must visit regions for twenty twenty four. They've named Kangaroo Island in second place, which is really good for them. They're still recovering from the bushfires in twenty twenty which burned thirty eight percent of the island.
Speaker 6: They were named the.
Speaker 2: Best Beach this year as well, which is at Stokes Bay.
Speaker 6: So there's so much going on for them.
Speaker 2: I commented the other day, I've never been to Kangaro Island, so guess where I'm going next year for a bit of a holiday at some point.
Speaker 5: Now go, now's that time.
Speaker 6: Now's the time.
Speaker 1: What about my old stomping ground, my birthplace, woggle Walk had that going.
Speaker 6: It doesn't look like it's on the list.
Speaker 4: S birthplace of Wayne Carry.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And also I don't know where you get off teeing off on me being from Hobart when you're from Waggle Wogger.
Speaker 6: Why is it only just a cur did that slip through the crowd?
Speaker 1: I know, Place of Angels, City of Angels.
Speaker 2: Anyway, good news for Kangaro Island. So yeah, if you're looking at a holiday, then stay local and head over.
Speaker 5: Who won it?
Speaker 6: No idea, We don't care.
Speaker 1: We're so short sighted. All we're looking forward to the south destination.
Speaker 4: That's completely that's a question with that notice, Oh.
Speaker 2: My god, it's a story about the top places London plane it's twenty twenty four top regions.
Speaker 5: I simply asked, who won it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, probably.
Speaker 6: Newsy.
Speaker 2: All right, let's talk about Paris Hilton and her baby and this is so awful.
Speaker 1: Kind of play this in the background the start of blind can use.
Speaker 5: This is for anyone who wants took back at this song.
Speaker 1: God, here we thought Harris was responsible to this is actually quite a good song.
Speaker 4: Anyway, Her baby, she.
Speaker 2: Had a baby via surrogate, and people have but this makes me lose faith in humanity. People have been trolling the baby saying how ugly it is, Like, what the ell is wrong with the world? This is some days I hate the internet, and today is one of those days. Like in what universe do you think it's okay to get on the internet and say your baby is ugly? And she has come out and said it's cruel, it's unacceptable, and it hurts my heart. And she said living life in the spotlight comments are inevitable, but targeting my child or anyone else's for that matter, is unacceptable.
Speaker 5: It's like, I don't I don't get it. I think it's a beautiful little baby. But I think all babies are beautiful.
Speaker 1: See that's the thing. I think. Sometimes you can have babies which can look a little bit strange and oh, I put my hand up our a little lotty. She had to grow into herself. For a short second there, we thought she was Pennywise the clown.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, that is horrible.
Speaker 1: To go out of it.
Speaker 5: It's okay if your baby.
Speaker 2: It looks a little bit funny, like our little Summer didn't have hair for the first three years of her life, and we're like, oh, this is a bit unusual.
Speaker 5: However, you can rip the mickey out of your own child, but when.
Speaker 2: Other people start to do it, I draw the line, hell, show me your photo.
Speaker 1: I think we've we've deleted all those. She just took a little bit of a while to grown to herself.
Speaker 5: That's fine, that's okay.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about some cricket just around for the post snooze news.
Speaker 4: I did Australia win last night? Yeah, yeah, absolutely smacked.
Speaker 2: I think that I went to bed when they were one for one hundred and something and Warner and Smith were just like teeing off.
Speaker 1: Yes, so century to Dave Warner and a record century for Glenn Maxwell, who was taking the absolute You know what what did he hit?
Speaker 2: So sorry to ask a question without notice, but if you are talking about Glenn Maxwell, can I ask what he scored.
Speaker 1: In terms of records and balls? He hit a brand new record as well.
Speaker 4: My Interne's actually down.
Speaker 1: Stuff.
Speaker 2: Glenn Maxwell had one hundred and six off forty four balls.
Speaker 1: Forty four balls.
Speaker 6: So Kenya is the top place to visit.
Speaker 5: Anyway, Moving on.
Speaker 1: He's on track.
Speaker 4: They got a really tough run and including next match which against New Zealand O.
Speaker 2: Cave or tomorrow's post news news. I'll be sure to write down all the questions I'm going to ask you both.
Speaker 1: Okay, I feel a meeting coming.
Speaker 4: Fifteen machine.
Speaker 8: We love this.
Speaker 5: This is how it works. We have three questions for you.
Speaker 2: Just have to get all three right and then if you get the third one right, you get a crack at the vending machine.
Speaker 5: Jam packed full of prices.
Speaker 2: This morning Balow Adelaide five hundred Friday after Consint series tickets to Cheese Best and we've given a couple of these away and they seem to be the hot ticket item. The Amazon Alexa Echo Pop Sparks speaker very nice, indeed.
Speaker 5: Good Zach from Mount Barker. Good morning, Zach, Good morning.
Speaker 9: How are you?
Speaker 5: I'm very well, thank you. How's your morning shaping up?
Speaker 1: Not too bad? I'm on my out of the gym, punch out a streaks fashion before work. That's what they call you, big Zach.
Speaker 4: What are we doing at the gym?
Speaker 1: Zach? We cardio or waits a little bit of cardio?
Speaker 4: Quick cor ses, shoulders, shoulders.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you sound like a man who actually knows what to do at the gym as well.
Speaker 8: Used to do how much your bodybuilding?
Speaker 9: So there we go.
Speaker 2: You'd get on well with our sound guy Todd, who is an absolute beast.
Speaker 5: Right, Okay, don't talk yourself down. Zach will talk you up for you, okay.
Speaker 2: Question number one in the nursery rhyme, what were Jack and Jill going up the hill to fetch a.
Speaker 1: Pail of water? Though it was protein.
Speaker 3: Something?
Speaker 5: Push to number two? Which band sings this nova throwback song?
Speaker 4: That would be a yeah?
Speaker 5: Does that pump through your headphones there at the gym.
Speaker 9: Actually have quite a bit of that stuff on my work plays playlist?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 5: Question three for your crack at the vending machine?
Speaker 2: Which essay region was named in the Lonely Planet twenty twenty four Top Regions.
Speaker 1: I have no idea.
Speaker 8: I'm going to go with the hills.
Speaker 5: Sack.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Zach, Okay, okay, I'll let someone else have a crack. It's nice. It's bloody legend. You already you speak to someone and within ten seconds you like, yeah, I really really want to be friends.
Speaker 2: With Say yeah, there's fifty kilo overhead presses won't do themselves Andrew Hayes.
Speaker 1: They never do.
Speaker 5: Nope.
Speaker 1: Elizabeth from Owen, can you bench press one hundred and thirty kilos?
Speaker 6: Not quite?
Speaker 2: Okay, that's close, though I couldn't feel that. She's pretty strong, Elizabeth. Okay, this is for your go at the six fifteen vending machine, which say region was named in the Lonely Planet twenty twenty four Top Regions.
Speaker 8: Was that Kangaroo Island?
Speaker 5: Yeah it was, Yeah it was.
Speaker 2: Elizabeth was listening to you earlier this morning. Abby from the newsroom.
Speaker 6: Quite very disappointed in Zach.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'll pass that on.
Speaker 6: I'm very disappointed.
Speaker 2: He doesn't care, mate, he's at the gym on the treadmill for five thirty Yes, so true. Okay, Elizabeth, I need a letter from you between A and C.
Speaker 1: Hey you say t P between A and C. Yeah, A and C, A and C.
Speaker 5: Elizabeth, So A B or C, oh B.
Speaker 1: B and a number between one and six two four four? I thought you're gonna say nine.
Speaker 5: How do we arrive at then?
Speaker 1: I don't even know that before?
Speaker 5: Good luck, Elizabeth?
Speaker 2: Okay, as the vending machine has granted you some original flavored chips.
Speaker 1: No never, sorry, Elizabeth, but for chips nonetheless.
Speaker 2: But all right, okay I should have gone people never mind, Elizabeth, thankive you so much for playing, but.
Speaker 4: We will play again tomorrow six fifteen. Yeah, that's bloody chips.
Speaker 1: You got avoid on body chips at all costs.
Speaker 5: Oh well, let's see if Elizabeth comes and collects them from the station.
Speaker 1: What about a little story that's emerged out of China, Jodes And you are not going to believe this until you hear these words. Okay, okay, You've got a little mut called Sid that is very.
Speaker 2: Much take that back. She's a toy of voodle, thank you, and she's beautiful.
Speaker 1: Le I'm just going to put this out there. Anything with toy in front of it isn't a real dog, says the.
Speaker 2: Bloke with a fifteen year old incontinent dog, that you've spent a fortune on keeping it alone and it doesn't even want to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my dog would beat up your dog. Remember that arguments at school? Yeah, my dad beat up your dad. I'd come, by the way, Dad, I accidentally am put you up in a fight against Tom's dad. So you've got a met hum at three k.
Speaker 5: Behind the big shit, Go dad.
Speaker 1: Go dad? Ah not again.
Speaker 4: So you're very, very sure that sid is indeed a dog.
Speaker 1: Though, aren't you?
Speaker 5: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: A family in China had what they thought was a big one hundred and fifteen kilo pet Tibetan mastiff. Ye, a dog bread that can grow to be quite large. Of course, there's absolute outrageous dogs. It wasn't until the pet reached about one hundred and ten kilos and started walking around on its hind legs that they realized there was a bit of a mistake. The family then caught a fisher who informed that the dog was actually an endangered black bear, a big giant black bear. Tibetan mastiffs can get between forty and seventy kilos. This thing is one hundred and fifteen kilos, and it looks and sounds and probably smells like a big bear.
Speaker 5: That is a red flag, isn't it?
Speaker 2: If your dogs, aren't you supposed to be forty to seventy She weighs in a hundred.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just a big fellow.
Speaker 5: Are you sure you're a dog?
Speaker 1: It's walking around on its back legs. It's roaring at me. You traditional wolf, but just doing things a little bit different.
Speaker 2: It's in the cupboard and it's just got honey all dropping all out in his mouth, and the family's like, ye, sure you're a dog.
Speaker 1: You sure, I haven't the first series as well, but it just it goes for honey like all bears are like Winni the purple.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thanks winning for perpetuating that myth.
Speaker 1: Unusual pets and if you've got one, gives call thirteen and twenty four ten or centers a text though full double nine one nine. I grew up on the farm, so I had as a pet steer, which is a cow as a pet. So we had a feedlot. We would get like sort of two or three hundred cattle at a time, and I became sounds quite silly, but classic farm store. I became quite good friends with this particular cow to the point where I could touch it, not almost I could ride him around towards the end. Yeah right, A long story short. When he had to go to markets, I had to say goodbye. I was twelve years old, and Dad said, this is what has to happen when over there they were all in the pen before they were genuinely about to go to the laughterhouse, and Dad had his back to the cattle. This particular beast came through and started nudging Dad put its head underneath his arms. So then Dad turns out he does have a soft spot. Was like, oh my gosh, right, I hide a truck took him back to the farm and he spent out his days on the farm.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I lived.
Speaker 1: It was about twenty I reckon and he was about almost two thousand kilos. He was a monster.
Speaker 5: Yeah right, so it was like a real life winning and Tigger story for you.
Speaker 1: Then the cow a genuine turned out he was a black bear and he was the feeding pa. Do you have any unusual pets in Tasmania? I'm so careful. When I'm so careful, here we go, just me hovering over the dump button. I had a pets.
Speaker 5: Shut up. I had a pet fish called Boggle, and it slept.
Speaker 2: In my room and it had its own little fish bowl. Although did it sleep to fish sleep?
Speaker 1: Not sure.
Speaker 5: They're always just going around and around the fish bowl.
Speaker 2: Every lapse a new adventure for a fish because they forget everything in fifteen seconds.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, am I fish?
Speaker 1: A big Welcome to Abby from the news rooms in the studio always comes with outrageous statistics to support something that she's found, which is just ridiculous.
Speaker 2: You know that I love a controversial study and one has floated onto my desk, as it does.
Speaker 1: They just find their way onto your deak, They just do.
Speaker 6: This is big.
Speaker 2: So the professions most and least likely to cheat. Boom your dirty birds. Okay, So basically a study has come out and it says that roughly eighty five percent of affairs are starting in the workplace, with one in five employees admitting to being unfaithful.
Speaker 6: That's pretty big.
Speaker 4: That's an alarming statistic.
Speaker 2: And then you've got twenty five percent to admit to flirting with a colleague, which we know it's true because.
Speaker 1: Find flirting because I'm just going to be honest with you. Even in my single there is nothing that a woman could say to me that I'd pick up on if you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're terrible with you.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. Yeah, Cus, it's not registering there even cars like let's try for a baby, And I'm like, what are you trying? What are you trying to tell me?
Speaker 2: I kiss you on the forehead every morning like you do to me that you're not getting the vibe. Okay, I thought we were just a wholesome bunch anyway. But these stats have come out in the industry most likely to cheat. Now, I'm sorry, but I'm going to say that this does not surprise me at all. So the industry most likely to cheat is sales. Ah, don't say that you've got long, boozy lunches. Well, not so much anymore, not like it was back in the day. But you've still got these long lunches. You've got client meetings, you've got long days trying to you know, and you've got to sweeten the deal sometimes because you're trying to get people over the line and you want their business.
Speaker 6: So you're like, what can I do? I'll take that for dinner. I'll do this, I'll said them something.
Speaker 5: WHOA hold up? What do you mean sweeter?
Speaker 6: Splain the deal?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 2: Oh, we like for here, for example, at Nova, oh, we want to get your business on board, Like, what can we do to get you know, what's a one more percentage.
Speaker 6: We can get you on board.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what. In our sales Patty Carpenter, Oh, good on our sales departments. Well for backing the trend and being a wholesome much.
Speaker 2: Well, this is not good because my husband has worked in sales for the better part of twenty years.
Speaker 5: What are you trying to say about Gregor?
Speaker 2: No, he's a unicorn, that man like he is just one of the good ones unicorns. This doesn't relate to him. But I am sorry. I just think this is no surprise here. Okay, So what are what are the other top professions that are going to cheat on their part? So you've got teachers, training and education. They came in second. I wouldn't have thought that at all. Teachers are wholesome and we love them exactly working they're concentrating on nothing but raising our children. Surprisingly as well. Third was healthcare. But I feel like, so, I've got a friend who works in the neonatal unit in Flinda.
Speaker 6: She doesn't have time to be cheating. She's running around looking after babies.
Speaker 1: But I've seen the nurse on the front of blink manat who's ana of the state back in the day, and she looks pretty wholesome.
Speaker 6: She's keen, she's gay.
Speaker 2: But yeah, we want to know workplace relationships, we want we want to talk about that today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it doesn't have.
Speaker 1: To be cheating as well, because what we do know and I think what we can all subscribe to is that love knows no rules. That knows nothing about timing, nor does he know anything about boundaries. And sometimes love is just love and it turns up in the most unfamiliar and unexpected places.
Speaker 5: Jose, what are they very quickly? The least the professions least.
Speaker 2: Likely to cheat, least likely with science and pharmaceuticals, Well, though they're too busy in the lab putting things together, business consulting and management, law enforcement and security.
Speaker 6: I call ball on that. I know a lot of police officers who've cheated. Really yeah, friends to a police officers, good morning.
Speaker 5: But if I will say, if Grant Stevens looking for a bit of action on the site.
Speaker 4: You can't get some attention, what do you call him?
Speaker 2: A few weeks ago, Daddy's daddy, Daddy soon and then media and internet was number twenty.
Speaker 6: So apparently none of us would ever cheat.
Speaker 5: That's good, that's good stuff.
Speaker 1: Have you hooked out with a colleague and doesn't have to be scandalous or cheap. But there's some nice stories out there of people who have probably randomly fell in love at work and all of a sudden they're together forever.
Speaker 5: It's good. Well, that's what happened with Greggory and I. It was sales unbeknown.
Speaker 2: But also you could have all blown up and been a big like drama and someone had to leave. So I want to hear the spicy stuff too.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right. Twenty four ten, have you hooked up with a colleague?
Speaker 5: Would you fish off the company jetty?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Is the question. Twenty four ten.
Speaker 1: Would you jump off the jetty though as well? Well, not knowing exactly how deep it is, and would you try and do a flip? I'm just thinking jumping off jedi.
Speaker 5: It can work, though, and we do have some example. Yeah, well I have an example.
Speaker 2: So I met my husband at work and we got a little frisky at the old Christmas.
Speaker 1: Party where it started, Oh Christmas mo.
Speaker 2: But we denied it for a long time because we didn't want to, like we just wanted to say. We wanted the room and the space to see where it was going, because we both liked each other. We'd liked each other for a little while, but we just didn't want to. It would have been really awkward if it didn't work out.
Speaker 1: So I just so thirty twenty fourteen, give us a call and I catch off before Jo's but some valor adelaid five hundred after race concerts series tickets up for grabs.
Speaker 4: Yep, so what does that mean?
Speaker 1: It was a little bit under wraps for how long? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh, probably a good three or four months. We kept it really quiet and then people started to cotton on.
Speaker 1: So how they caughton on?
Speaker 7: Just like it?
Speaker 5: You know, first thing in the morning, we'd be passionate in the boys reception. Hang on, what do you guys talking about?
Speaker 1: Just passed my friend? For goodness?
Speaker 5: But if you hadn't, don't do that sound.
Speaker 1: Like Jody and Gregg back in the day, because you kiss a bit more passionately. Yeah, start in relationship. Let's be honest.
Speaker 2: Well, we haven't kissed since so yeah, I mean we've had four kids. That was the last pash we had.
Speaker 1: Jodi and Gregor stars like yeah, now it's like at best.
Speaker 5: Doesn't that sum up courting and marriage? Though?
Speaker 1: If you're lucky?
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly right. We got some texts here. The place is most likely for people to hook up law firms. My mum and dad met at work. Real suits vibes about it. That's from Sarah and you, Sarah, I.
Speaker 1: See law work was ranked really really like far away from the top. Yes, it's kind of surprised me, but then it doesn't because when you do watch suits, it's not quiet as that free flowing and stressless environments. Imagine the top law form would be extremely stressful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, and drowning in work as well. Who's got time for an affair when you Yeah, you've got people to defend, mate, You've.
Speaker 5: Got lives on the line.
Speaker 1: That's exactly right.
Speaker 2: Also, Ash said, you couldn't sweeten the deal enough to make me hook up with a salesman.
Speaker 4: Ouch cop, that cop that sales but we don't deserve that.
Speaker 2: No, and then Sam said, my partner and I met at work eleven years ago. Nothing wrong with dating a colleague as long as you keep a professional so true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is really really true. I think that it depends as well, like because the other thing as well is just how much you're seeing each other each and every day. M Because that's probably the big test, because I can confidently say that there's times where it's like I just need some space away from you.
Speaker 2: No, But it can work the other way too, because it's quite nice when you get home and you can talk to your partner about what's happened at work and all the players involved, and they understand it all too Yeah, which can be quite good.
Speaker 1: Discover work colleagues who are fiercely competitive because they want to bring you the best song to kickstart You're Friday, eight eight am.
Speaker 5: And this this is how it all works.
Speaker 2: Up on the Jody and Hazy Instagram page, vote for your favorite song that we're about to reveal in a matter of moments and we'll play it for you eight o'clock tomorrow morning, just to crank up your Friday and.
Speaker 4: Get us started right, all right, what do you got for shows kick us off?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: Obviously, Britney Spears released her memoir The Woman in Me this week, and the piece of audio book that Michelle Williams, by the way, has narrated that everyone is going absolutely Coco bananas for is her talking about walking down the street with Justin Timberlay back in the days when ensynct was hued and her sort of insinuating that he wanted to be a rapper type HAPPI listen, one day j and I were in New York woking O, where was a guy with a huge blinged out medallion.
Speaker 10: Jay got alexcited and said so loud, oh yeah, foes, genuine, what's up, homie?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah, what's up?
Speaker 5: Just so nerdy, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Oh my god?
Speaker 5: Goodness?
Speaker 8: Boot?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, what's the genuine one?
Speaker 1: The voice over artist?
Speaker 6: All that I know?
Speaker 5: She She should have had a giggle at that readiness.
Speaker 4: Was going on here. Several takes would have thought, yeah, so anyway.
Speaker 5: Oh you want to know my song? Sorry, very distracted there.
Speaker 2: So it's a Britney Spears song, obviously one of her absolute bangers.
Speaker 1: It's good song. Speaking of toxic, becuould go look at Brittany's Instagram summer stories. Goodness, she is toxic.
Speaker 5: It's a lot to take in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Brittany has got a lot of great songs, Yeah, she really does.
Speaker 2: It's actually quite sad in a way that she's so infinitely talented and it all has just been too much for her, this whole fame caper.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, I'm going in a very very different ta direction. Take you back to nineteen ninety three. Sure, wait, wait, what do you mean?
Speaker 4: I know?
Speaker 5: Because you've gone for my sweet spot. The Counting Crows.
Speaker 1: I love them, I love the oh my gosh, how is it?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 4: Would you vote this?
Speaker 1: Are you going to vote for my song?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 5: I'm torn because this is like, this is literally my year twelve song.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know. Do you remember that was such a lovely time of your life?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Wasn't it?
Speaker 3: It really was you?
Speaker 1: It's twelve, this song was playing and Jody's like, life can't get much better than this.
Speaker 5: Lovely, mature pair myself? Who red and blacking?
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 5: God, I like your song better than that.
Speaker 1: You can, oh universally agree that my song?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: What was this junk song? Anyway?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 1: It's not charm.
Speaker 5: If it was, that's no Counting Crows. God, haven't I jump ship churning on myself?
Speaker 1: Good? Fine? All right? Cast you vote Counting Crows. Mister Jones are toxic. Could buy Britney Spears. Jump on Jody and Hazy on Instagram.
Speaker 4: You tell me you built a time machine. It's Hazy on this daisy first day. It's time for a trip down memory lane. Come on this journey with me.
Speaker 1: Come on, you know you want to.
Speaker 4: I don't want to pressure you, but I think it'd be.
Speaker 1: Better for you.
Speaker 5: I'll come if I can have a piggyback.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: In fact, actually it's a bit the weather's bit iffy. Twenty sixth of October, let's do it. In nineteen eighty one, Guy Sebastian was born in Malaysia. Today is he's forty second birthday? What about the journey from Guy from two thousand and three when he won Idol to now? He's an absolute fashion icon. But when he started in the big fro, it was different, it was unusual. He got rid of it.
Speaker 4: He's just an absolute marvel.
Speaker 5: I would argue that he's not exactly a fashion icon if you've seen some of his work on the voice.
Speaker 4: No, that's why it's a fashion icon.
Speaker 5: I'm not turning much yet.
Speaker 4: He does what he wants. Okay, Oh, it's really cool.
Speaker 1: Apit's I think that's a about question though, Isn't it polarizing? It takes one to know. One nineteen seventy two, the Polaroid Ssex seventy that revolutionized the photo industry first went on sale, You go, that's fascinating stuff. And then even now with a new iPhone it's like probably thirty or forty times better, so much more, smaller, and you have to wait seven to ten days to get your photos, Develle.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine working in a photo booth back in the day. I saw the stuff your eye balls of scene.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my gosh. And those photos come back you're like, oh boy, I shouldn't have taken a photo of that. That's the long version of deleting instantly on your iPhone.
Speaker 2: And then clearing you recently deleted Polder classic.
Speaker 6: I mean I have done that.
Speaker 1: Yes, and you just know the person at the chemvas has senate. He give you the photos. You're like, why did you take a picture of that? It's not impressive, is it? Well? I thought it was. Two thousand and seven, seventeen hundred and thirty artists have played Bob Dylan's Knocking on Heaven's Door at a stadium in India. This gathering beat the record for the largest guitar ensemble.
Speaker 5: Wow, the Indians, they come out in mass, don't.
Speaker 1: They Absolutely, especially at a cricket match. We know that it's just ridiculous ound the ip of the scenes, Oh.
Speaker 5: My god, it's crazy, ridiculous stuff.
Speaker 1: Numb one on over twenty six, twenty fifteen. What do you mean by Justin Bieber? This was the moment we all went, oh do we I think I really like this song, but it's Biber And then from then on it was like, hang on a second, Hang on a second.
Speaker 4: Biaber's cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then I remember that he got caught with his pants down and there was a photo of his whoop circulating and I was going around to see what do you pean?
Speaker 1: It's so funny, Jose. We're just saying a giant bill that's come through via the noverplayer.
Speaker 5: Crazy big bill that's been entered.
Speaker 2: And make sure you tune in at seven thirty tomorrow because chat to the people involved, because it's a unique situation and we're going to try and knock off that bill tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you need to do your best negotiating skills to let us pay this bill.
Speaker 5: Let me go and speak to Boss Josh and see what I can do.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow as well, at eight o'clock, we're going to reveal the winning song for Battle of the Bangers. Here's your options, Jody chose. This is in Britney Spears just hot and spicy at the moment.
Speaker 6: It's been a big week for Brittain.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not sure if it's been a good week or a bad word.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, that reminds me, I haven't checked on Instagram for at least ten hours.
Speaker 4: Ah any knife wielding naked videos.
Speaker 6: I'll let you know.
Speaker 5: Don't worry.
Speaker 2: It's apparently a good week for her because she's claiming that her memoir is the best selling and the biggest selling in history.
Speaker 5: It's an early claim because it came out yesterday.
Speaker 4: Ye for thinking from Brittany, how that pans out?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: Britney spears toxic the let's get back to night three.
Speaker 1: We all agree that this is a lovely song, including an official endorsement from my direct competition.
Speaker 2: I've got a real emotional attachment, a bit of nostalgia about counting crows and my youth, and so this is a tough one.
Speaker 1: What are you doing well?
Speaker 5: I still want to win, That's the thing.
Speaker 2: I'm torn between my competitiveness and my want and need to reminisce on my year twelve.
Speaker 4: But it feels like you genuinely would rather this song to pay.
Speaker 5: I don't put words in my mouth, but you'd rather win. But I don't know. I'm told great net it's a rough one.
Speaker 1: I get voting at Jody and Hazy on Instagram. Mister Jones v toxic and we'll catch you bright and early tomorrow morning for a Friday.
Speaker 5: Have a good day.