Speaker 1: On scoring Leeds Australia.
Speaker 2: This is the Reader Panalkey Show.
Speaker 3: Good evening and welcome to the Riada Panekey Show. Coming up tonight, independent polling showing climate change Minister Chris Bowen is in danger of losing his Western Sydney seat of McMahon. Gary Hardgrave will be here to discuss that and the day's other top stories, including revelations that Australia's foremost child gender medicine expert misled the Family Court. Senator Alex Antique will join me shortly to talk about the teals, Trump and shower Heads. The Great Josh Hammer will have the latest from the US, including President Trump's escalating trade war with China, and later in the hour, Kinsey Schofield we'll have the latest on Megan Markle's Woeful podcast and as always, Lefties Losing It features a cavalcade of crazy.
Speaker 4: You can say, well, there's too much chaos and now we're going to have Marsha lawn this country and he becomes a dictator.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 3: But first, the US stock markets saw its third largest rally since World War II today, following President Trump's decision to lower tariffs to ten percent on all countries excluding China for ninety days, Trump hiked America's tariff on China to one hundred and twenty five percent because unlike other countries, they are refusing to come to the negotiating table and are retaliating.
Speaker 5: Let's hear from the US president, I blame the.
Speaker 6: People sitting at this desk more than I blame China. If China can get away with, they got away with with taking hundreds of billions and trillions of dollars right out of our pocket because our people here were stupid. There were stupid.
Speaker 7: People, maybe corrupt.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't know how you could be that stupid. How do you get to be president and you're stupid? But they certainly weren't courageous, and they allowed us to app If you could read first grade and you could read these agreements, you'd say, these are terrible deals.
Speaker 3: Joining me now for more on this This Guy News contributor Gary Hardgrave Gary, is it all about the art of the deal here? Or is Trump using tariffs to try and get fairer trade and bring China into line or the alternative view.
Speaker 5: Did he did he blink first?
Speaker 3: Did he submit to the pressures of the stock market crashing around him.
Speaker 8: Well, possibly bit of two and three. But I got to say, reader, China wants to run the world, and America says, only through us can you get that particular reality. So this is about taking China on. This is about saying that there's been a whole lot of stuff. Some of it may be dumping, some of it may well be restrictive trade coming back the other way. But China has been aggressively destroying great parts of American industry. So I get what he's trying to do. A lot of people here in the structia to be doing the same thing. I mean, I'm in Peter Dutton's electorate of Dixon, in the outer reach of Brisbane. I've been here all afternoon evening and look, people here are doing a tough cost of living is real manufacturing. They want to keep it going. But the price of electricity is killing everybody. And yet China it's building cul fied powerstations, nuclear power stations, It's doing all the stuff we should be doing to get the price of electricity down to that stuff. And when they make stuff, they sell stuff, and that's just a natural thing. If there's one characteristic of Chinese culture is they're great traders. So Donald Trump said, whoa, hang on, I've got to look after America first, so you guys can slow down here, have a bit more tariff. So that's what he's done. Blunt, brutal, and maybe risky, but that was his plan and he's executing it completely.
Speaker 2: You know, read it.
Speaker 8: The thing was so many people panicked, and I've been saying for days ago, settled down, Let's see where this thing runs. Because Trump seems to always have something around the corner. You don't know what's coming. We'll see.
Speaker 3: Well, well, with Trump, it's always about the outcomes. The why and the where and the how. All of that is very much secondary. It's all about the outcomes. And I think people still haven't learned that. They still haven't learned that he's playing a game. Yere and we're going to talk a lot more about Tariff's and Trump's strategy in dealing with China after the break with Josh Hammer. But closer to home, independent polling has revealed that Climate Change and Energy Minister Chris Bowen is in danger of losing his Western Sydney seat of McMahon to local tech millionaire Matt came and Zuli. Chris Bowen's primary vote in the seat is at nineteen percent, which is even lower than the Liberal support of twenty and Carmen Zuli sitting.
Speaker 5: On forty one percent.
Speaker 3: According to this polling, Gary McMahon is a fairly socially conservative seat.
Speaker 5: Has got to be sayd.
Speaker 3: They overwhelmingly rejected the same sex marriage plever site that labor. Back in twenty seventeen, they voted no to the Jeni's Voice to Parliament.
Speaker 5: Seems like Chris Bowen is in a fair bit of trouble here.
Speaker 8: I hope so, because he deserves to be. This bloke is almost single handedly ruining Australia, although the Prime Minister is his wingman because he's letting him get away with it. You know, when this mob were elected three years ago, I said, the epitaph on this government will be written one day and Chris Bowen will be front and center in that history. And that's exactly right. Look, Matthew Camon's Earley is a bloke with his own self made story. Everything he's done has been off the back of him taking a risk, mortgaging his house, starting something up. The emphasis on him being a tech millionaire is only the end of the story so far, because he's actually made everything he's made for himself by himself. And this bloke has been listening to the local community and cavinz Early has been saying, and I spoke to him some months ago and he said, I think I'm going to do this. He said, someone's got to have a crack at this Chris Bowen bloke. He's out of touch with the local community. He's out of touch with what Australia needs. He's out of touch with mum and dad, businesses, small businesses. So Matthew has decided he's going to put his name forward and well, the polling suggests it may well be starting to tweak. The result that many I think probably secretly are praying every night would achieve this bloke out of the Parliament. What a great result if that occurs.
Speaker 3: Now, let's talk about the Family Court. Justice Andrew Strum has ruled that one of Australia's foremost child gender medicine experts misled the Family Court when giving evidence to support a mother who wanted to put her twelve year old child, a biological male, on puberty blockers. Despite the father wanting to hold off on treatment and quote let the child be the child. The court found that the gender clinic that has been treating the child since the age of six, Gary the age of six, failed to formally give a gender dysphori a diagnosis until the court proceedings had commenced. Justice strums are so I did with the father in the judgment, stripping the mother of custody and effectively preventing the child from accessing this sort of treatment, and lashing the approach of hospitals to children questioning their gender, saying the decision to affirm unreservedly any child that raises concerns over their gender is oddly binary. Gary, I've got to say, finally, common sense judgment on this issue that's based on science, based on fact, not radical gender theory.
Speaker 8: And I'm sick of this kind of woke destruction of Australia. And look, I would like to nominate this judge for Australian of the Year. Here we are, we're only in April, but I reckon this guy is going to be hard to beat because this took a lot of guts, because he's staring down the woke left, the extremists who believe that a child can pretend to be this and then chemically be made into that. I mean, it's hard enough, having been a twelve year old boy myself at one stage, to get yourself through the next few years. Knowing that dad and mum have got a disagreement about this is going to twist the child around. This is a form of child abuse and it's been institutionalized by the medical services who have been attempting to change things the way the child was born since the child was sick. So I think a lot of us are scratching in their heads and wondering where the hell list has come from Rita and I just hope it goes to hell because it is really bad stuff. And good on the judge for getting it right. Thank Evans. Finally, Australian of the Year. You watch.
Speaker 3: Well, let's hope so we know what the selection committee is like just very quickly. The ABC is promoting a collaboration with Dickie University. That's the ABC's elite athletes in Australian women's Sports survey. But the ABC doesn't seem to know what a woman is gary have a look at who can participate in this so called women's survey open to elite athletes who identify as cisgender women. So that's actually just women, also non binary athletes, transgender women, and gender diverse athletes. It's also open to women, non binary and gender diverse athletes who may compete in mixed gender events. So Gary, what's the point of having a woman's survey if it's not restricted to women? If I could have a ten second answer.
Speaker 8: Look friends and let friends watch or listen to their ABC. They're just looking for a mailing list of people who rasp in interviews to get their views on other subjects. Ignore it.
Speaker 9: I say.
Speaker 3: Good advice there from Gary Hardgrave, thank you for your time tonight. Now it seems Simon Holmes Accord maybe getting a little bit worried about Zoe Daniel's ability to hold the Melbourne Bayside seat of Goldstein, formerly held by Liberal Tim Wilson, who.
Speaker 5: Is again the Liberals candidate.
Speaker 3: The Australian reports Climate two hundreds donated approximately four one hundred and seventy thousand dollars to Zoe Daniel's campaign in the past year, including a lumsum or fifty thousand dollars last week let's bring in Liberal Senator Alex Antick. Alex, there's an assumption by many that the Tills are going to struggle this time around, but with the money behind them, perhaps such conclusions are a little bit premature.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we'll read. These are very close contests across the board. We're seeing the one you referred to. I think he's on an absolute knife s edge at the moment, So they are close contests. We're seeing a very different set of contests though, by the looks of it, from three years ago when there was a flow in the opposite direction. But I think what's happened here is Australians are now understanding a little bit more about this movement and what it actually means and what it's voting record is. Like, I think it's across the board with the tiers something like a seventy percent voter lineup, you know, supporting things that the Greens support, and they do certainly vote with Labor more than the Liberal Party. So one would hope that message gets out there, regardless of the money being spent on the campaign, and I think it is.
Speaker 3: Well they were presented as a conservative alternatives. I think people forget that they won't presented as some green labor entity. They were supposed to be a safe choice for conservative voters who were perhaps disillusioned with the modern Liberal party. But they don't vote like conservatives, do they, Alex, They vote like the Greens.
Speaker 10: No, Well, that's right, and the statistics show that have come out now. As I said, I think it's in the order of a seventy percent voting record with the Greens, which is more than just you know, a little bit over the equilibrium. It's twenty one percent or you know, in some cases more so. This is what we're dealing with here now in those electorates. So I think there are a lot of Liberal voters who have now worked that out and are now looking to return as they should, because of course, a lot of these policy positions that we're talking about are ones which are very much responsible for the cost of living crisis, which is affecting people even in affluent suburbs. Like some of these they are hitting across the board, and I think voters are ready to remind some of these people of that fact.
Speaker 3: Now, education is an issue might not be a top tier issue at this election, but it's certainly something Australians care passionately about and we do have.
Speaker 5: An education crisis of sorts.
Speaker 3: We're investing heavily in the sector, but the results aren't getting any better. And it's no wonder when you've got failed school leavers with atars as low as thirty nine alex being recruited into teaching degrees.
Speaker 5: Not only is the curriculum.
Speaker 3: Corrupted by leftist ideology, but we've got teaching standards that seem to be undermined continuously. But by allowing kids with atars of thirty nine to go into teaching degrees.
Speaker 10: Yeah, look, and you're right. I mean, it's not just about ideology and the sorts of things that are being taught in school rooms. That is a huge concern. It's a huge concern for many of us, I have to say, who have in a school age kids that are looking at this issue. But the thing that's really alarming is this fact about the dropping standards. Over the last twenty years, we've seen standards drop all across the board in schooling of all levels. There was a statistic that I read that said that year ten students in the last twenty years have gone backwards a year over the course of that time in their schooling and there are as many others. That's about the reading, numeracy and literacy skills that are being dropped. I mean, this is where it all begins and ends. Now, these are the next generation of kids who need to be taught properly, and this needs to be a priority. The labor government simply hasn't addressed this properly. We need a back to basics approach. We need to teach reading, writing, and arithmetic as they used to say. And see I was taught well, and it needs to be a priority, and I don't think this is the way to do it now. I should say ATA scores are not the be all and end all. That is the absolute fact. But thirty nine percent would strike me as being a little bit low.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would think so.
Speaker 3: Now let's hear from AFL star Riley O'Brien, who appeared on your podcast based with Senator alexanderik. Here he discusses some of the political and cultural influences that he's had and the backlash she received when he shared this online. When he posted a photo of himself with Jordan Peterson on social media.
Speaker 11: There was a bit of controversy in the back of that which I sort of expected, but I sort of put that photo out there as sort of a restore some sanity of the world. To be able to have associated with people like that who are doing such good in the world, and you as well, and be able to, I guess, not be a coward to the pressure of sort of some of the mainstream media.
Speaker 3: Alex It take scuts to stand up to the idea logues of the land, particularly if you're a sportsman with a profile.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he's a ripper Riley. He's the smartest man in the AFL, as the AFL website calls him. And he's well read and well researched, and he loves his podcasts and he loves talking. But he's absolutely across all these issues and I think actually a bit of a voice for men of his generation. You know, we keep getting told that men are nothing more than toxic domestic violence offenders waiting to happen across the board. Well, what a lot of nonsense. We have to get over this, you know, these campaigns to try and smear young men and burden them with the collective guilt of previous generations is over. We have to start speaking to them in a manner that's sensible, and people like Riley. I mean, it's a great conversation.
Speaker 12: I love the.
Speaker 10: Ability to be able to go and talk to people on a different level using a political lens, if you like, and you find there are a lot of people out there who are doing things you would never expect, that have a lot of views that are pretty good, and he's one of them.
Speaker 3: Now to Donald Trump's surprise decision to drop all tariffs down to temperson on all countries except China, this is a ninety day pause. China's tariff's skyrocketed further.
Speaker 5: Tell me about where Australia is placed.
Speaker 3: Now we've got ninety days to hopefully negotiate an exemption. If Peter Dutton is Prime Minister, how will he handle this negotiation and why will there be any different to what Anthony Albanezi has been able to achieve.
Speaker 10: Well for starters, I don't think that Donald Trump scares the excrement out of Peter like he does the Prime minister. As he said in his comments originally, I mean, the Prime Minister says he has a constructive relationship with the President, but it seems that the president's constructing him out of the way and doesn't talk to him. You won't get that with Peter Dutton. We know what he will do. He will pick up the phone and have a proper conversation about this because we don't want this bearing on our farmers. But we only have ninety days, so this will come out the other end of the parliament. And I think it's illustrative of a strong leader and that's what we need and that's what we'll get if you vote Liberal on Saturday, May the third.
Speaker 3: Now before you go, Alex, let's turn our attention to mass up make showers great again. Here's President Donald Trump putting an end to Joe Biden's war on water pressure.
Speaker 13: So with this Executive water we're factually going to be reversing that set of regulations to ensure that Americans have choice in the consumer market. If they want a low flow shower, how they can buy one. If they want to shower.
Speaker 6: Should pay a lot of money. And the developers, you don't allowed to do anything work.
Speaker 5: They put restrictors.
Speaker 6: They used to have a restrictor where you could take it out, but now they're welded in and make case i'd like to take a nice shower care of my beautiful hair. For fifteen minutes he gets Webb privit greviat ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Alex in all seriousness, can we adopt this policy locally?
Speaker 10: I hope so. I mean it sounds ludicrous on the surface, but he knows what he's doing. This is about regulation. This is about removing regulation and removing ridiculous environmental burdens on everyone. And of course it has a real effect. I mean, it's a it's an illustration of how these things have an effect in real world terms. And look, anything that will make his hair shine brightly, beautiful, some of the hugest, most beautiful hair in the world. Is good with me. I say, bring it on.
Speaker 5: That's at Alexander. Thank you for your time.
Speaker 7: Thanks reader.
Speaker 3: Still to karm, left is Losing It plus the latest from the US, including the truth behind President Trump's escalating trade war with China. The Great Josh joins me next, welcome back. It's time for lefties losing it and we've avoided them all week, but alas I can no longer ignore the weapon grade lunacy of the view. The ladies have had another bad week. Well, there are no good weeks on the view, just differing levels of misery and madness. Let's hear from Joy Beha who thinks Donald Trump is trying to destroy the country or he is trying to enrich his mates.
Speaker 4: He's trying to destroy the country. Now why is he doing that? Just as a person in the in the audience like watching this.
Speaker 1: So there's a couple of theories.
Speaker 4: Yes, Like, first of all, if he tanks the entire I'm not doing the stock market, all his billionaire friends can swoop in and buy everything. Look, that's not an original idea, that's hakim draft.
Speaker 5: He said that genius analysis their joy.
Speaker 3: You really are a rare intellect. I mean, the people who lost the most money when the stock market dived were the elite, the richest. But let's hear more of this cunning examination today on.
Speaker 4: Truth Social he wrote, Trump wrote a great time to buy hm.
Speaker 3: Yes he did, and you were free to follow that sage advice. Joy, Plenty of folks did. Plenty of folks didn't panic and held onto their investments. And yes, the markets had a bumper day. The sp five hundred soared nine and a half percent, its biggest gain since two thousand and eight, while the Dow Joanes Industrial average jumped up seven point nine percent.
Speaker 5: How does that go with your analysis of.
Speaker 3: Trump wanting to destroy America or this next bit of lunatic supposition.
Speaker 4: People are starting to get mad.
Speaker 1: Well, that's good here, you want them to get mad.
Speaker 4: But how how mad will people get? And how broke will people get? And how many jobs will be lost?
Speaker 1: And then he can.
Speaker 4: Say, well, there's too much chaos, and now we're going to have Marshall law in this country and he becomes a dictator.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 4: That may be out out of the boundaries.
Speaker 1: But it's possible.
Speaker 4: So as just as somebody watching the news, that's what I see.
Speaker 3: You know, if you've got good friends around you, they are honest with you when you go off the rails. They don't feed your paranoid delusions. It's clear that Woopy Goldberg is not a good friend to Joy because she encouraged that latest boush of crazy. She believes Donald Trump wants to crash the market so people go nuts and then he can institute martial law. Okay, I tell you who else has had a rough week. It's the worst vice presidential candidate in history. Tim Walls aka Tampon Walls Tampon Tim, a name he earned for putting tampons in boys' restrooms in schools across his state.
Speaker 5: Well, here he is in the Minnesota.
Speaker 3: Capital being booed by veterans, and for good reason, because Tampon Tim's other nickname is stolen Valor Walls.
Speaker 14: Welcome, Welcome to the capitol gets.
Speaker 2: You're welcome. You can't let me.
Speaker 14: Finish, Let me finish. There's a passion in the middle.
Speaker 5: Did you hear the shouts of coward there?
Speaker 3: Let's hear from Tim in front of a far friendlier crowd. Here he claims that we should celebrate success, but then he says we should demonize a Musk.
Speaker 15: I think democrats supporting families, supporting the working class, supporting unions. But I think we have to separate and have a message here it's okay in America to be successful. What we should demonizes people like Elon Musk and those people that do that.
Speaker 2: And that's different.
Speaker 3: Yep, trying to make sense of that. You know what, Tampon team is going to be extra depressed today because Tesla shares are soaring despite the unhinged, violent attacks we've seen, attacks that Democrats refuse to condemn.
Speaker 5: Here is Chuck Schumer.
Speaker 16: What's your opinion of the violence against Tesla their products? What are your thoughts on that? Do you denounce the violence against Tesla products and dealerships and cars in the streets.
Speaker 8: I can't talk about Tesla, but Elon Musk is a disaster for America, and America knows it.
Speaker 3: Look at Wisconsin, what now proving that misery loves company. Let's check in with the hideous propagandist George Conway. Remember when he was feeling joyful and gleeful, he was in boldened defaming Donald Trump, believing that these sham try We're going to make Donald Trump unelectable.
Speaker 7: He's a deeply disturbed, a deeply morally bereft human being who has no conscience, has no morality, has no empathy, has no remorse, and is sadistic.
Speaker 3: Ah, those were the days for George. But those heady, delusional days are well and truly over Watch this thirty second compilation of George crying like a little girl.
Speaker 5: You're welcome.
Speaker 7: I'm going to get moist eye here, bighain.
Speaker 12: Sir.
Speaker 17: Whatever it is that these people seem to be. And I went so far actually yesterday to Donald and Porter. That also was very moving because something people want and I wanted and we're all in this together.
Speaker 7: Ouh of ah, and.
Speaker 17: Some people just don't give it and that makes me and daughters.
Speaker 7: Of Judge Riff Kennedy.
Speaker 3: And to another miserable aging doult Here is techno dude Moby, who seems to think billionaire Donald Trump is really really bad at business. He also seems to think that Trump supporters have regrets.
Speaker 5: Who's going to break it to him?
Speaker 18: So for the people who voted for Trump or have supported Trump, can you finally just admit you were wrong? Trump has spent his entire life bankrupting businesses and now, surprise, surprise, he's bankrupting in the United States. So look, we can move on. But if you supported Trump or voted for him, just please finally now justin me.
Speaker 13: You were wrong.
Speaker 3: Now let's end with more weapon grade crazy from a host view Sonny Houston shows she can be just as irrational and race obsessed away from the view desk as.
Speaker 5: She is on it.
Speaker 3: Here she argues that many blacks and women will not be able to participate in the democratic process if we have voter id.
Speaker 19: Laws, Well, don't have cars don't have driver's licenses, so it's sort of a vestige of I think post slavery laws where they were black people had to prove their right to vote, and oftentimes they couldn't vote because they couldn't pass some crazy tests or they didn't have the appropriate ID. It also affects women women that are married. Maybe your passport reflects something that's different on your birth certificate or on your driver's license. So really the bottom line is voter suppression. And I agree with them one hundred percent. It's a brilliant notion that less voter ID laws allows more people to vote.
Speaker 3: Only problem, Sony is that we don't want more people who are not eligible to vote. And how bigoted of you to suggest that black folk and women don't have IDs.
Speaker 5: That's what they mean.
Speaker 3: By the bigotry of low expectatorations. The US China trade wall is well and truly underway, with the Trump administration determined to bring the CCP into line, and though much of the corporate sector is thinking in the short term and worried about daily share market fluctuations, there are business leaders who want China to pay. Here is Kevin O'Leary on CNN one.
Speaker 20: Hundred and four percent. Tariffs in China are not enough. I'm advocating four hundred percent. I do business in China. They don't play by the rules. They've been in the WHO for decades. They have never abided by any of the rules they agreed to when they came in for decades. They cheat, They steal, they steal ip I can't let it gate in their courts. They take product, technology, they steal it, they manufacture it and sell it back here never has an administry and four hundred or they want cheat on an airplane to Washington to level the playing field. It's not about tariffs anymore. Nobody has taken on China yet, not the Europeans, no administration for decades. As someone who actually does business there, I've had enough. I speak for millions of Americans who have ip that have been stolen by the Chinese.
Speaker 3: Olarry understands what Trump understands. Indeed, what Trump has been saying since the nineteen eighties, and what he campaigned on.
Speaker 5: None of this should be a surprise.
Speaker 3: Tariffs are a powerful tool, and when it comes to China, it's time to make them pay.
Speaker 20: You mean, not like his style or his rhetoric. Finally an administration that puts up and says enough, four hundred percent tariffs. Tomorrow morning, He'll tell you why. She can only stay the supreme leader if people are employed, if we wipe out any business there. Because we are still thirty nine percent of all consumables on Earth and twenty five percent of the world's GDP. America is the number one economy on Earth.
Speaker 2: With all the cards.
Speaker 20: We will not have that forever. It's time to squeeze Chinese heads into the wall.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 3: Joining me now is Newsweek's senior editor at Large and Article three Project Senior Council Josh Hammer. Josh, China does steal, ip it cheats, It acts in bad faith, it uses economic coercion, and no other economy in the world. But America is powerful enough to take them on.
Speaker 21: Rita, you nailed there when you said that Donald Trump has been talking about this issue since the nineteen eighties. He has been remarkably consistent on this issue for longer, quite literally than I have been alive. Since his very earliest days in the New York City media scene, going back to the Oprah Winfree Show and all the New York City tabloids He has always, always, always been a class trader, is the phrase that I like to use. He has always been a heterodox thinker among his classes economic milieu of ultra millionaires and billionaires, pretty much all of whom supported China's ascension to the World Trade Organization. Exactly what mister wonderful Kevin O'Leary was talking about there and that clip there. The billionaires all thought that China being part of the global economy, you try to westernize them all these various hibolets and platitudes such as this notion that economic liberalization will help lead to political liberalization. Well, how the heck is that working out? Yeah, I mean, we saw what happened in China during the COVID nineteen. It's not exactly a politically liberalized country. There is an authoritarian country in every which way of the term. So Donald Trump, again, now in his second term, has the opportunity to actually act on his four and a half five decade long, sincerely consistently held views when it comes to tariffs and trade with China, and thank god he's doing it. He became the first president in his first term, just go back to back then, he was the first president as Richard Nixon went to visit Chairman Mauziedung in Beijing back in the early nineteen seventies. He was the first president to try to reorient US China relations. He was very successful. He was a very underappreciated part of his first term in office. Now he's just trying to finish what he already started. Frankly, he's trying to finish what he's starts talking about again five decades ago. So I'm all in for the trade war with China. These were minds can vary, I think on perhaps some of the other towers and other countries there, but the China stuff, I am all freaking and reading. I think the American people are too.
Speaker 3: You are so right also about the economic liberation was supposed to lead to political liberation.
Speaker 5: That was the lie we were all sold.
Speaker 3: We were told that this was going to help China become a great democracy, and of course none of that has happened, and they have just extended their influence throughout the world.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: Much of the media is presenting Donald Trump's latest move as a capitulation, but White House Press Secretary of Caroline Leavitt she pushed back on that narrative.
Speaker 22: Many of you in the media clearly missed the art of the deal. You clearly failed to see what President Trump is doing here. You tried to say that the rest of the world would be moved closer to China, when in fact we've seen the opposite effect.
Speaker 1: The entire world is calling the.
Speaker 22: United States America not China, because they need our markets, they need our consumers, and they need this president in the Oval Office to talk to them.
Speaker 3: And Treasury Secretary Scott the sen says this was always the strategy.
Speaker 9: This was his strategy all along, and that you know, you might even say that he go to China into a bad position. They responded, they have shown themselves to the world to be the bad actors, and we are willing to cooperate with our allies and with our trading partners who did not retaliate. It wasn't a hard message, don't retaliate. Things will turn out well.
Speaker 5: Josh, how do you see it.
Speaker 3: Did Donald Trump react when he saw rights on ten year treasury bonds falling and he changed course or was this always part of the play.
Speaker 21: Well, it's very hard to say, and his administration is very divided, even to an extent on the towers. I mean, we've seen Elon musket Is using some show he say choice verb to talk about Peter Navarro, who's the pro terror, pro industrial policy economic advisor to President Trump. So I mean even his own cabinet is divided. Scott Bessen, who now is kind of saying a lot of this apparently behind closed doors. He was actually a bit of a skeptic himself. But again, Donald Trump really does believe in Arroiss. But here's what Donald Trump also believes, and he also believes in taking a very strong negotiating tactic and then forcing the other side to the table. I think back to his comments just two months ago at the White House talking about how he thinks the United States might take over Gaza one day. Does he actually think that that the United States is going to take over Gaza? Maybe, but maybe not. I mean that's another example. It's a very very strong opening position, just trying to bring other people to the table. It really is just the art of the deal. I mean, this is how deals get made. You take a very strong opening position, you basically scare the Jesus out of your opponent there and kind of helps also when you're perceived as a little bit of a madman. I mean Richard Nixon back when he was president, they called this the Madman theory of foreign policy. No one knew what the heck Richard Nixon was going to say or do on the world stage, very similar to Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: Nowadays, actually as well there.
Speaker 21: So I'm entirely sure exactly if they played this out according to all the details there. But I think at this current juncture, at this exact time there, America is looking a lot better than it was a week week and a half ago. And frankly, the people who kind of sold all their stocks after that big climators drop probably look a little FULLI train, and they probably should kept their money in the market.
Speaker 9: Honestly.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, the hysteria was just absolutely crazy. And it must be said too that so many Americans really didn't care about those massive share market falls, because, as we discussed earlier in the week, about fifty percent of Americans, the bottom fifty percent, hold only one percent of the share market value.
Speaker 5: So for them this issue was far.
Speaker 3: More about manufacturing jobs and seeing their towns and cities decimated than it was about whether a few billion has lost some money the markets have certainly sawed.
Speaker 5: In the past day.
Speaker 3: The sp five hundred added nine and a half percent, in its biggest gain since two thousand and eight. The dowd Joones industrial average that jumped up seven point nine percent, and all of this has got Democrat Adam Schiff wondering about insider trading, writing to the.
Speaker 9: White House a demand who knew in advance that the President was going to once again flip flop on trip on tariffs?
Speaker 2: And are people cashing in now?
Speaker 3: He cares about insider trading? But Josh, didn't Donald Trump post a message hours before this latest announcement telling everyone it's a great time to buy buy.
Speaker 5: I mean, really, what investigation is needed? What's Adam Schiff got to find out?
Speaker 21: I have no idea what shifty Adam Schiff thinks he's going to find out on this one.
Speaker 2: I mean this as a screenshot.
Speaker 21: That you just share, it shows Donald Trump was basically telling the world like wink, wink, nudge, you know, this is going to be a very good day.
Speaker 2: By the way, it.
Speaker 21: Was very easy to see this coming. I mean, at least in my circles here in America, most of us thought that something like this was going to happen at some point this week. I think a lot of people thought that this was not necessarily going to continue at that rapid pace, that this kind of bowl charging right out of the gate this style for the next two three months. I mean, something clearly had to change.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 21: There were a lot of signs in this Even Donald Trump's cabinet was not exactly thoroughly polease in the same pager, so we knew that something was about to change. And I mean, as as far as Adam Shiff, I mean, it's very hard to take this guy seriously. I mean, only in the state of California can someone with Adam Shift's track record when it comes to the Russia collusion, delusion, all the various hoaxes and just utter gobbledy.
Speaker 2: That he's been peddling for years and years.
Speaker 21: Only in the communist state of California could a hooligan like that ever be promoted from US congressman to US Center. I pity the people of California. Frankly, it's people like Adam Shiff and Gavin Newsman and Kamala Harris that have just turned that state into Bush.
Speaker 2: And now I guess we see a little bit of brain mush. The case may be from shifty outam shift.
Speaker 3: I mean for him to talk about insider training, in particular, given how well some of those Democrats have done in public office, went into public office with next to nothing and end up being extremely wealthy on fixed salaries, and you look at that and wonder how that happens.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 5: I do love this story. We'd love to get your take on this one. The New York.
Speaker 3: Post reports the White House will no longer respond to reporters who list their preferred gender pronouns in their email signatures. White House pro Secretary Caroline Leavitt has said that she doesn't respond to journalists with these sorts of pronoun announcements because and I quote it shows they ignore scientific realities and therefore ignore facts. That's very excellent logic as far as I can see.
Speaker 2: Josh, I love it. I mean I don't just like it. I love it.
Speaker 21: This is frankly very similar to what they did to the Associated Press when they basically kick them out of a certain area of the White House Briefing Room for their inability or the refusal. I should say to adopt the nomenclature Gulf of America instead of Gulf of Mexico there. And look, there's a lot of people saying this is an attack on the freedom of the press.
Speaker 2: It's not an attack. Okay, it's not.
Speaker 21: Attack whatsoever, because these stupid gender pronoun journalists can still publish whatever idiocy they want to on their poorly, poorly read, poorly disseminated, and poorly rated blocks. They can write whatever they want. The point is, you're not going to get a question there.
Speaker 2: Guess what. You don't have a.
Speaker 21: First Amendment right to have the White House Press secretary ask you a question. I mean, that's an insane notion. Anyone anyone arguing that should probably go, you know, go find another job because you're not very good this whole journalism thing there. But this is, this is what this White House is doing. They're not messing around basically any which way you look at it. When it comes to foreign policy, when it comes to the trade issue, obviously, as we've been discussing there, when it comes to immigration, the ice rays on issue after issue after issue, going up to and including the literal way they actually run this White House. They're not messing around. They learned their lessons the first time around. Reader, the first from White House was beset by a lot of internal coups and dissidents and outside actors. We're just trying to basically subvert the entire edifice. They've learned their lessons, though, and we see that very much now this time around.
Speaker 5: We absolutely do.
Speaker 3: It seems like everyone is on the same page and fighting for the same side. Just one last thing we're seeing this ninety day pause. Australia, i think, is in a fairly unique position. We have a trade deficit with a US, so we're one of the very few countries in the world that has a trade deficit. We don't impose tariffs. Do you see an advantageous outcome for us after these ninety days where perhaps we might be exempted completely from any sort.
Speaker 5: Of tariff.
Speaker 21: Reader my unsolicited advice to the present in his Economic Advisors, A country like Australia, in my view, should should not have any tariffs. I mean, Australia is an obvious ally of the United States. Australia is very useful to the United States. Frankly when it comes to containing America's own enemy, China. I'm thinking here of countries like Australia, Japan, Philippines, India. Those are really kind of the lynchpins of America's broader strategy in that part of the world there. So I mean, while I'm all in on the tariffs on China, I do have some questions on tariffs on countries that are not America's enemies, for instance there. I mean Canada would be one example here. I'm a little bit fuddled by by some of the Canada stuff.
Speaker 2: That I hear there.
Speaker 21: But I think I would personally like to see a world in which Australia and the United States do not have any tariffs, that there is free and fair trade between our two respective countries there, especially in the fact that, as you said, Australia is a wealthy country actually has a trade definitely with the United States, which it really is.
Speaker 2: Actually quite rare.
Speaker 5: It is very rare in day. Josh Hamba, thanks for your time. Thank you, da still to come.
Speaker 3: Ego fluffing and a vapid lesson in self love the lights On Megan Markle's Woeful podcast. Kinsey Scofield has details.
Speaker 5: Welcome back.
Speaker 3: Joining me now is celebrity and royal commentator Kinsey Schofield.
Speaker 5: Kinsey, we know Disney's snow.
Speaker 3: White has been a box office disaster. But let's check in with the star of the movie, Rachel Zegler being totally normal here, Kinsey, what is the latest on the film's box office performance.
Speaker 12: I'd say that this is one of Disney's biggest regrets ever.
Speaker 1: Mean checked, We've discussed it before.
Speaker 12: I checked Rotten Tomatoes and the score is even lower than the last time we talked forty percent on Rotten Tomatoes. Initially brought it brought in eighty seven million globally, and you know, the Lion King hit one hundred and ninety one million, Beauty and the Beast at one hundred and seventy four million.
Speaker 1: What a joke.
Speaker 12: And you know other movie companies are going to look at her and they're going to say box office poison.
Speaker 1: And it's a lot of this is due to her behavior leading up to the film's release.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, she is just uniquely unlikable. But then it is actually a terrible film as well, so it's it's the double whammy. Now let's talk about Megan Markl. Her podcast, Confessions of a Female Founder has been lashed by the critics, who have condemned it as a vapid lesson in self love and an ego fluffy coll sation. Perhaps one of the most gathing reviews came from the Times, whose columnist James Marriott gave it one star and said he will seize by an urge to beat his head against the wall while listening to it. These reviews are almost reminiscent of snow White Kinsey.
Speaker 1: That's a very good point. I do believe that it's fair to.
Speaker 12: Compare Rachel and Rachel Megan Markle, but that's.
Speaker 1: Her legally her name.
Speaker 12: I don't know if you've had a chance to listen to this podcast, but what a missed opportunity, What a waste of oxygen, what a waste of our time. If I'm being quite honest with you, how many people are going to give this woman a do over.
Speaker 1: I've never seen.
Speaker 12: Somebody fail up as much as they've seen Megan Markle fail up.
Speaker 1: And there is just little to no effort.
Speaker 12: Everything she does is just she finds people to interview that will actuality interview her, so Megan gets the opportunity to talk about herself. She did rank in the top ten in you in the US and Canada, but those were the only countries, and of course did not meet that Joe Rogan domination that she initially did with that first episode of Archetypes.
Speaker 1: So I feel like people are so over her.
Speaker 3: Oh absolutely, the novelty factor wore off long ago. Meanwhile, we've got Prince Harry escorted from a High Court hearing about his security arrangements today and it was shielded by burly bodyguards after an agitated supporter disrupted proceedings. As he passed this woman on his way out, she suddenly shouted out, indistinctly what appeared to be I support you, Prince Harry, before then turning to the press gallery and saying if you're members of the press, you're the reason he's not in England. The woman a small, shaved headed, bald headed black.
Speaker 5: Woman, look to be in her fifties.
Speaker 3: She's attracted attention after arriving late to the public gallery and repeatedly shifting in her seat and fiddling and fidgeting with two phones in a notebook. Tell me about this so called security scare. It doesn't sound like too much of a security scare to me.
Speaker 12: I mean, it's perfect for Prince Harry, who's over there begging for the UK government and.
Speaker 1: Taxpayers to pay for his security. I just I think it's one of.
Speaker 12: Those overblown, hyped moments that Prince Harry lives for so he can say, see, I'm in jeopardy.
Speaker 1: There's concern for me.
Speaker 12: I was very frustrated with this because this is the King's first state visit in twenty twenty five, since this cancer scared. We should be talking about the King in Italy and his secret meeting with the Pope and all of those exciting details his twentieth anniversary with Camilla, and yet here we are talking about the ginge and the wind who loved to hijack actual royal news.
Speaker 3: I can't believe this is presented as any sort of evidence that he needs more security.
Speaker 5: I mean, this was a.
Speaker 3: Supporter after all, And it was interesting that on x Harry Smullett was being shared. It was a hashtag that I saw pop up a few times, so I don't know if it was trending, but it was certainly one that I saw a few times. Now, let's talk about Britney Spears. She's apparently ended her on again off again relationship with Paul Richard Solas, and she keeps posting these bizarre videos online. Kinsey, I can understand why her fans are a little bit concerned.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I can understand that too.
Speaker 12: I would also stress that I'm so glad she's done with this guy.
Speaker 1: You know, he's got a bunch of children.
Speaker 12: He allegedly left one of his baby mamas for Brittany and she found out about it in the media.
Speaker 1: He was her employee. I think he was like a fix.
Speaker 12: It man around her mansion and she said, hey, you want to be my boyfriend. I don't really feel like that's the right way to go, especially immediately after a divorce. RITA, this woman needs a friend, she needs some help, and this guy, I think I'm so glad he's gone because to me, he was clearly an opportunist and a leech.
Speaker 3: Well, she seems to have a lot of leeches around her. It's very sad because she doesn't have contact with I think so many of her family members, including her boys, her own children.
Speaker 5: Now let's talk about.
Speaker 3: Taylor Swift and her boyfriend NFL star Travis Kelsey. They've reportedly decided to step out of the public eye as a couple. Kelsey wants to focus on his football. The Kansas City Chiefs Super Bowl loss has been a bit of a motivator there, and the couple have decided to lay low with no longer being out and about as much as they have been, Kinsey, is this because Taylor got booed.
Speaker 5: At the Super Bowl? Has that got anything to do with this decision?
Speaker 1: I mean, she was booed multiple times.
Speaker 12: I can imagine that that did ultimately hurt her feelings. But they had some pretty big losses last year. It wasn't just the super Bowl, it was Kamala. Taylor was all in in an embarrassingly, you know, over zealous way.
Speaker 1: Taylor wanted Kamala to win.
Speaker 12: So I felt like there were some pretty big losses for the both of them last year and maybe they just want to kind of lay low for a little while after that humiliation.
Speaker 3: Well, also the arrogance of her getting involved because it has never really worked for her.
Speaker 5: I remember she got involved a few.
Speaker 3: Years back with a local race in Tennessee where she's from.
Speaker 5: That's her home.
Speaker 3: State, and even there it was completely ineffective. It's certainly the Republican she was campaigning against one very comfortably. Think she'd learn from that and stick to what she's good at instead of alienating a portion of her fan base, Kinsey Schofield, it's.
Speaker 5: Always a pleasure.
Speaker 3: Thanks for your time tonight and that's it for me. I'll see you at nine pm tomorrow night for lefties losing it up. Next is Newsnight.