Speaker 1: From the sky Center. This is Paul Murray Live.
Speaker 2: Hello, welcome to the show big one we had for you this Thursday night.
Speaker 1: The Queensland election is just weeks away.
Speaker 2: And just finishing over on Channel nine was the Leader's Debate. Now there will be a People's Forum in the final week of the campaign. But it was fascinating to see the two leaders taking on each other, one we are told is the inevitable winner of the election, one with no chance of winning the election. It was fascinating to watch them go back and forth and do what they do. But interestingly today Stephen Miles didn't have a fantastic day on the campaign trail. In fact, when he was standing next to somebody that he would like to get another four years in the parliament, he completely forgot who the candidate was.
Speaker 1: I don't have that detail in front of me. Fat means that years to day. Susan, Yeah, of course it's Susan.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was with her the other nights. Okay. Now, as for the actual debate again over on Channel nine.
Speaker 2: Interesting to see the different tax that people took when they were asking the questions. I thought Sophie for Micah, particularly from four BC, was an absolute star. She has been on Telly for a long time, but now she's doing afternoons on four BC. Great listen if you're ever in town. But I thought she was particularly good with her questioning the state political reporter for Channel nine. I think was sort of going for the grabs and the lefty from the Brisbane Times. Well, okay, but let's talk here about a couple of things that took place. Now Stephen Miles, obviously as the man behind, is trying to do something to put doubt back into voters' minds. Now, anyone who has lived in Queensland has seen this government over not just the past four years, but the couple of terms before that. No, that virtually every indicy has got worse. Everyone knows, as we've talked about about hospital ramping, the worst in the country and the worst in the state's history. We know that youth crime is particularly out of control. So this bloke is trying to change the subject. So he's trying to twist and turn to pretend that the euthanasia laws in Queensland will secretly be changed by the opposition. Watch how the thing plays out and how crucifully, in my view, hits it out.
Speaker 1: Of the park.
Speaker 4: I can assure you we don't have plans to make those changes.
Speaker 5: These are the kinds of weasel words we get from David. Don't have plans to Okay, I mean something different, will not happen.
Speaker 4: May I do better? This will not happen, will not happen.
Speaker 1: You can't guarantee that.
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness, I say you're not going to have a conscience vote if there's a private members.
Speaker 1: Will not happen.
Speaker 4: You can't go Well, you asked me to say it, so I did, and then you're still.
Speaker 5: Not So your beliefs have changed?
Speaker 1: Has that happened? Have your beliefs changed?
Speaker 4: It is not part of our plan. It will not happen.
Speaker 1: What matters help your values and what you believe.
Speaker 4: Well, our focus is fixing the mess you've created.
Speaker 2: Extraordinary Right now, every MP had a conscience vote. Chrus fully voted against what ended up being the majority position. He has said there will be no change, but that's.
Speaker 1: Not good enough.
Speaker 2: That of course will now he clipped up and thrown around TikTok and again get a good run in the bruceban times. But still pretty obvious there about who is desperate and who is confident. Always good to hear a politician speak confidently in a leader's debate. I think that one of the best moments I've ever seen in leader's debates was the People's Forum South Australia when Peter Malanowskis was laid down Missaire going to win that state election. He was asked about cost of living and he was asked about government getting involved in the cost and prices of things. Now, the easy small target slam dunk was to say yes, absolutely, I will.
Speaker 1: It's dead.
Speaker 2: He turned around and he said very clearly that there's a limit to what a government can do. Now, this is not what alberanize he did. Hence why Albanese is in the world of trouble that.
Speaker 1: He is in right now.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that we're getting a rival for that moment out of David crucifully because when they're talking about crime, he made an absolute guarantee that he would hold himself responsible if his government fails to deliver what most Queenslands want most Queenslanders want, which is a substantial reduction in the number of the victims of crime.
Speaker 1: But here is part of the exchange in and around crime tonight, just in front of Queenslanders tonight.
Speaker 6: You've given that commitment to resign if you do not achieve that metric, by what date will you achieve that metric or resigners Premier Tim, We'll be setting targets for fewer victims year on year and that is important to me ultimately, and ultimately, if there aren't fewer victims, Queenslanders would make their own assessment on me, as they have made on this government. They have had enough of the broken promises. And I'm serious about it, and I'm not giving myself any regal room. It's victim numbers. It's not number of unique offenses and what happens on a Wednesday and how many young people repeat. It's victim numbers.
Speaker 4: How many people have had their life torn apart.
Speaker 2: And the promise is if he fails to deliver on what Queenslanders expect him to deliver, that he would resign before the next election. Now that again is confidence in your ability to actually deal with a problem, and it's a consequence if you don't something. Stephen Miles obviously would go nowhere near something that people like Palichet would go nowhere near. And I thought that was a pretty good moment for David Crucifully. Now, of course my bias in this, I'm not going to pretend not. I think the Labour Party has been horrific for Queensland. I think its current premiere is absolutely not fit for purpose, and the previous premiere well, I've had plenty to say about her and the failure of her government. A very good feature in the Channel nine debate tonight, despite the fact the backgrounds terrible, right, terrible backgrounds. You think somebody would be able to stop the strobing.
Speaker 1: So I'm sorry. That's not a technical problem on our end.
Speaker 2: It's because they were standing in front of basically sort of giant led screens that for some reason were strobing, So I'm sorry. Premier then decided to wear a strobing tie, all of which perhaps is one of the reasons I've got a light sensitive of migraine tonight. But they were asked to ask a question of each other, and this is always interesting I think happen at every debate because it means the key hit that you want to deliver to your opposition you were able to do so if it hasn't already come up with the journalists.
Speaker 1: Crucid fully to Miles.
Speaker 6: Premiere in twenty fifteen, the government boasted about weakening the youth justice laws. On the back of it, Queensland has seen a generation of untouchables, young repeat offenders, more victim numbers than anywhere else. Why did you take that decision and do you regret making it?
Speaker 5: Well, David, as you know, anyone who pretends it's as simple as one decision and can be fixed as simply as one forward slogan is just being dishonest with Queenslanders.
Speaker 1: Miles to crucifully Labor.
Speaker 5: Released our costings before the election campaign. You've made billions of dollars of commitments, but you haven't told Queenslanders how you will fund them. On Tuesday you'll receiver briefing from the Treasury with a current budget position. Will you tell Queenslanders how your fund your promises before they start voting Monday week?
Speaker 4: How plans are fully costed and fully funded?
Speaker 6: And you know that, And I mentioned well, we have on every one, every policy we have taken down to the dollar, we have shown Queenslanders what it's going to cost.
Speaker 2: The result was clear to me. The election seems like it is clear as well. However, as soon as the assumption is that one thing is going to happen. Strange things can happen now inevitably over the election campaign, Labor will ever so slightly start to tick up, the LMP will ever so slightly start to tick down. That in and of itself creates a certain series of narratives. But two things I've got to quickly say to people whom I love in Queensland. Don't assume somebody else is going to do the job for you. It is your job, in my view, to change the government, and that, in my view is very clear and very obvious. The second thing is that your preferences matter, and in actual fact the preference system has now been locked in. It's one of the meaning little fiddles that the Labor Party have done since they have come into power, along with changing the election spending laws, so unions are able to tip in money for the political party that they are already members of, that being the Labor Party, as independent or third party people. There are more than a dozen of those unions, so it means that at various times the unions will be able to spend up to ten times more than a political party at this election. In certain seats there are lots of lies that are being pushed around. All I say is this Coenslade over the past four years has gone backwards in my view. Who went backwards in the many years before that after the change to this labor government. They are very good at politics, they are very good at media management, they are very good at working the stories behind the scenes. But all I say is, if you know somebody who has been a victim of crime, you've got to change the government. If you know somebody who has spent too long in the back of a hospital, you need to change the government. If you want people who are willing to hold themselves to account rather than weasel words and find their way to get out of a promise they're previously made, you must change the government because more of the same will not be good for Queensland. Now, speaking of Queensland, a beautiful baby Luca. Now, of course he was the victim of that horrific scolding where the hot liquid was poured upon him. He's a beautiful little boy and he's back in the news tonight because there's a teensy bit more information that we are starting to learn about the person who police believe is responsible here Sadly, the story in and around lucas that he is going to have some lifelong injuries and consequences as a result of how significant that the burns were. But I want to offer nothing but strength and love to that little man and to his wonderful parents.
Speaker 1: Now, you know, the only.
Speaker 2: Footage that we've got was sort of a quick little CCTV moment of somebody who was running from the scene. The still version of that photo was when I think somebody was at a bus stop, said multiple times before. The absurdity of the situation right now is police know the name of that person. Now police have told us that this person has apparently fled the country. We have learned that this person was on a student visa and most likely the country that he has gone back to in China is not a place that's going to be particularly easy.
Speaker 1: For anyone to be found, let alone for anyone to.
Speaker 2: Be extradited, because of course Australia understandably does not want a reciprocal system where if China wants to go after somebody, they can nab them off the streets here. But the identity of this man should be known. But because Luca is clearly under the age of eighteen and is described as.
Speaker 1: A victim who is therefore a youth.
Speaker 2: Then you're not able to identify the person who police believe responsible or may will end up being charged because that somehow will identify Luca. Now his parents have identified him, other people in the media have decided to say what Luca's name is. So I'm more than happy to sit in that place. We should know who this person is, and for a brief moment today there were people who did know. Outside of the law enforcement that is trying to find this piece of work. A Facebook page was posted in an international news story. We have hidden some of the detail here because again I don't want to end up in a scenario where we are going to make it any easier for this person to not end up with the potential full consequences of the law. Now, interestingly, police were on four BC today talking about this Facebook post. I can show it. I think we can now the Facebook post. Again, we've blurred out to any other references to his name. Well, this was police speaking about the information that is around on the internet tonight. But again they can't talk about officially because of what I've just identified, where you cannot identify the victim of a crime, a person under the age of eighteen.
Speaker 1: So things are registraction to the investigation. But we're very much committed to finding the individual responsible.
Speaker 2: But one thing I can show you is a way that you can help Lucas family. Now, we know we're all doing it tough and lots of people are having their great difficulties at the moment when it comes to cost of living. So I have no expectation that people have got lazy thousand dollars down the back of the couch. They do have a go fundme, Paige. It is to help pay for his medical rehabilitation. Okay, if you would like to go to that site, it is GoFundMe dot com forward slash f forard slash Baby Lucas Medical Treatments. So just if you simply search baby Luca's medical treatments and the words go fund me, and I know go fund me in the past has some people have issues with this particular fundraising site, but it is the main one. It is endorsed by the family, and I like that number to be as high as possible, as fast as possible. If you can help out this little mate, because the fact that the person whom police believe is responsible is no closer to being court means justice may not be on.
Speaker 1: Its way, but certainly the love of Australia always is. Then.
Speaker 2: A bit more breaking news that's happening this evening is in relation to protest movements which were planned in and around the anniversary of October seventh. Now you know that last weekend things got particularly out of control when not the movement for Palestine, but people taking to the streets to mourn the death of the head of Hezbollah, who of course is listed as a terrorist organization in this country because of its atrocities around the world. It is of course not supported by the people of Lebanon. It is not supported by the government of Lebanon. It is well and truly an organization that, as I said, qualifies in every way in my mind for terrorism. But we have people that are willing to mourn the death of its leader publicly. We have people who are willing to take to the streets wearing the paraphernalia that is in support of said listed terrorist organization. And we've had the chat all week about who's going to be charged and if they get charged, what's the likelihood of anyone actually going to remember, maximum is twelve months in jail. Maximum fine in one state in New South Wales is about eleven thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: So the minimums, most.
Speaker 2: Likely which don't exist, will will be decided by a judiciary which we have seen many times before when it comes to things like climate protests are not as tough as you and I would like them to be. Well, today in the Supreme Court in New South Wales, back and forth about whether or not a protest that is planned for this weekend can go ahead. Now this is one that is being run by the same people who have run a weekly protest in support of the people of Palestine. Now at times, fringes on the edges of these groups, frankly, have got a little bit to two pro hamas rather than focus on the innocent civilians that have been affected over the past twelve months. And I've had plenty to say about all of that. Now there should not be, and I mean there should not be any sort of opportunity of a public gathering for people to latch onto it on the fringes who will end up doing the propaganda.
Speaker 1: Bidding of hamas.
Speaker 2: On the very weekend when the Jewish community, of course, is looking back on what has happened to them twelve months ago. Now, it being a public holiday long weekend most parts of the country, there would be an expectation that if there was a protest a lot more people will be turning up now. The premiere of New South Wales has made it very clear earlier in the week he didn't want this to happen at all.
Speaker 3: It was a difficult decision, but we believe the right decision in the circumstances. At the end of the day, the police didn't believe that the march and protest could be done safely on Sydney streets and as a result they believe they had no alternative but to make that application in the Supreme Court. I want to make it clear we completely support police's decision in relation to that application.
Speaker 2: So the government says no, not the right time. We understand you've got fifty You've done this for the best part of a year. There has been very limited problems, but right now, for obvious reasons, tensions are heightened. We have seen people on the very same streets of the very same city who may well try to glom on to that organization. And to that protest, so therefore best not to have it. We've seen the police say exactly the same thing as I say. Supreme Court today was where all of this was being fought out. Well, the breaking news tonight is it's going to happen, and not because a court has ruled, but because a deal has now been done between the upper echelons of the Nisibas police and the people who will be marching through the streets on Saturday in Sydney.
Speaker 7: The eleventh hour and during this three hour hearing, an associate of the defense team passed on a message that an agreement had been reached behind closed doors. There'll be a slight modification to the path protesters will march on Sunday through the city, avoiding that synagogue along Park Street and instead turning down Pitt Street and then Market Street. Now, organizers are expecting around five thousand people here, but police say it could be close to to fifteen thousand. But organizers are adamant that that one day vigil will be smaller and it will be peaceful.
Speaker 1: Ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Now, this is an absolute capitulation, and a piece week one at that by the upper echelons at the news was police force. And while the show is absolutely pro cop, you know how pro cop I am. When the decisions are being made to essentially roll the dice and see what happens here, well, this is not acceptable.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: The reason why they were able to come to the dealer is, as you just heard that the protest route will be slightly different. It will not go past a significant synagogue in the heart of Sydney, but people will be free to march, they will be free to speak, and there of course will be a major gathering which has always happened over the past year in and around Hyde Park. But police at the upper echelons have got form here and we know that there is one way to handle things, and there is another way to handle things. Remember when things happened in and around the Opera House in the days after October seventh. Now this was before Israel had responded to what had happened on October the seventh, So this was just flat out celebration of Hamas and what he had done on October the seventh.
Speaker 8: Now you know.
Speaker 2: How aggressive I have been about these forms of protest, not the majority of the protests which have happened over the past twelve months. But that type of protest where what we all heard with our own ears was of course pushed back the other way, and you didn't hear that. But apparently where's the jews were somehow better than what we all assumed had happened at the start of this situation. Now that protest did not start at the Opera House. That embarrassment did not happen at the Opera House alone. Earlier that day, there was earlier, about half an hour before all of that, there was a meeting at town Hall. Now town Hall was where the meeting had took place, but there was no approval for a protest. Now police have shown multiple time to the past that they are willing to push back if you do not have the permit to go marching through the streets and disturbing central business district of Sydney. But this is what police said at the time about why the people who ended up doing what they did in the disgraceful fashion that they did at the Opera House were allowed to move thirty minutes in a march from town Hall down George Street and then over to the Opera House.
Speaker 9: Best option for police was to manage the movement of those people from Sydney Town Hall to the Opera House, to ensure that we were able to control the movement of the people and get them to a place where we could manage the rally in its form, and to prevent the risk of conflict.
Speaker 2: See that's the whole point, right because the expectation is is that, oh, this crab might be too hard to hand, or they might push back harder than other groups that are told they're not allowed to move around, then somehow they can kind of do what they want. Seems like it is going to be the conclusion about what may be happening this weekend.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I hope that any and everyone who has been part of what has been happening for the past fifty two weeks is able to make sure that the people who turn up are not the ones who are the same ones that were turning up last weekend.
Speaker 1: The pressure is on them to achieve it.
Speaker 2: But as Peter Kreblin has been beautifully pointing out, there's a very different standard. We all know that when everyone was locked inside their house and the greatest crime that anyone was going to commit was leaving their house, police responded very differently, very aggressively.
Speaker 1: Because they wanted to enforce the law and you remember how that looked.
Speaker 2: Media And despite the fact that there should have been a ruling today and as part of the conversation that meant they were able to come up with this deal to say, hey, you do what you do. As I pointed out before the News of Wales and Victoria police both have a policy that if police have to go somewhere because there's going to be a protest, it's going to get out of control, even though there is no plan for what you're planning to do to be the out of control event like as we spoke about, yes, provocative figures, but still people like Malo Yuanopolis and Nigel Farage they had speaking to us. But because the expectation was that none of their supporters, but people who wanted to stop them from turning up, were going to have some sort of a mini riot, a bill was sent to the promoters of the event, not to the rioters, but to the promoters of the event. Is that at all on the table for what is about to happen on Saturday? Sure you can do what you'll do, but we're going to send you the bill, of course.
Speaker 1: Not why I don't know. I truly don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't want to think the worst of peace, but it's difficult not to when you can turn around and send a bill a Nigel Farage, you can send a bill to people who are openly saying, and had been all week in the media, we don't even care whether we can officially do this or not. We're doing it anyway, Which brings me to the Prime Minister. So Albo was on the radio today in Brisbane, you know, hard hitting staff where he was among other things, and this became a news story today. He was talking about the diet ahead of his wedding that of course has.
Speaker 1: Been delayed until after the election. Right, No, but we can still keep talking about it, mainly on a fish diet.
Speaker 8: At the moment, I'm trying to do the right thing. I'd lost at quite a few kilos when I became Labor leader, and then I had You might recall my car accident a couple of years ago.
Speaker 1: That was a bit of a wake up call to gain fit.
Speaker 8: So it's all about what you're eat but also getting a little bit of exercise.
Speaker 2: But the Prime Minister's big policy announcement today was when it comes to supermarkets and he claims that they're going to be able to deal with a thing called shrink flation. We're put simply, you are paying the same amount for a packet, even though there may be less in the packet than there was six months twelve months ago. The idea government is involved with this is just mind boggling. But here's the Prime Minister trying to explain this dumb idea.
Speaker 8: Will introduce legislation this year is to make the Food and Grocery Code mandatory. It was voluntary, it was all up to the goodwill essentially a big supermarkets. But we're going to mandate it and that will mean that there are multimillion dollar penalties for serious breaches.
Speaker 2: Seriously, now, again, the concept of shrinkflation. It annoys me as a consumer as much as it does anyone else. Right, a packet of this used to cost that and now is less, but it still costs that, or it maybe costs a little bit more.
Speaker 1: That annoys me. It absolutely annoys me.
Speaker 2: But I'm going to have to say the unpopular bit now because it is the actual context of things here, and they coming to the defense of some of the stuff that the supermarkets have done. Hell no, right, but can we all please grow up a little bit.
Speaker 1: The idea that the.
Speaker 2: Supermarket gets whatever they're selling in the supermarket for free and then it just decides to just add a little bit of fat because they.
Speaker 1: Want to is garbage.
Speaker 2: The cost of goods is dependent on what the person whom you are buying them from decides. So let's imagine it's a packet of chips. Well, the packet of chips is purchased from the person who makes the packet of chips, and then it is sold in the supermarket. Yes, it is not sold for the exact amount of money that the packet of chips was brought from the wholesaler for, because they see they have to actually do a thing which is called deliver a profit. Why because that's the reason their business exists. And two Australians have been told for a generation that we must have superannuation funds. Superannuation funds often buy shares in companies like the supermarkets because they're stable and they're forever going to grow because more people need to buy more stuff. But equally so, the cost of being the supermarket is not the same as it was six months ago or twelve months ago or five years ago. Now, you see, they don't automatically if it's in a shopping center paying no rent. They may pay less rent than other people, but they still have to pay rent. They have to pay power bills, which as we know, for a small business, could be tens of thousands of dollars. Imagine what it's like for something that has to keep all those lights on all that time, and all the fridges. Okay, and then there's of course the people who work for you, who, due to industrial decisions or deals you've been able to do with unions or they may be being paid more than they were being paid six months ago, twelve months ago. That's why things in part go up because the cost of making them, the cost of transporting them, and the cost of the facility in which they are sold.
Speaker 1: The costs of that go up.
Speaker 2: Now, if you put it up way too high just to keep making ever growing profits, you're going to have some problems. But the idea the Prime Minister is lying to people on Brisbane radio today that somehow magically the cost of the packet of chips is going to go down because he'll go after the supermarkets for how much they charge, when of course they're not totally in control of what the cost of the good is. But then again, explaining all of that takes too long, doesn't it. And the Prime Minister knows that there are plenty of people in the media that will be more interested in about how he's shredding for his delayed wedding than whether some of the policies of his own government, including extra and increased taxes on the very trucks that move the things around between the farm and the supermarket.
Speaker 1: But of course that would just be too boring, wouldn't it.
Speaker 2: Greens are in trouble today, are interesting reporting in and around one of their specific senators who has taken over as the Indigenous affairs spokesperson after Lydia Thorpepaule the pin. Her name is Derindra Cox. Jaseph Solin writes today the twenty staff have left the Greens senator's office in just three years, several of Lodge's formal complaints alleging that the hostile culture made them feel unsafe. The newspaper has obtained a copy of a formal complaint that had been made by a former staff member of the Parliament's.
Speaker 1: Workplace Support Service.
Speaker 2: It was also handed on to Adam Bandt as the leader of the party, and this apparently had happened in mid twenty twenty one. It details several incidences of staff crying and becoming distressed after confrontations with the senator. Now, interestingly, Adam BANMDB doing a press conference today and somebody actually decided to ask him a tough question. Watch what happens when Adam Bant has asked a question about what he knew, when he knew and what he plans to do about a member of staff who has these complaints being made against them.
Speaker 1: Then of course, of course we will take these on board. Well, it's up to this is the system that has been set up. Thanks everyone for the things stay.
Speaker 10: It's a great.
Speaker 2: Oh, such accountability. There's so much better than all those other political parties, aren't they.
Speaker 1: Speaking of?
Speaker 2: Can we talk about the Victorian Liberal Party? Now, I won't get into the weeds because they are very weedy when it comes to all matters in and around the former Liberal MP the current Liberal leader. But again, if you're following along, you know what's happening. So I'm just going to assume that you are across the nature of what all of this is about. But one thing that I wanted to talk about here is that multiple times during the proceedings thus far, there have been current former members of the party that are kind of openly call with the idea that members of the party are recording each other when having private meetings. Now, this stuff is madness. Now the Victorian Labor Party is on the ropes at the moment according to the polls, because of how they have been running Victoria. To see what is playing out currently in the courts with everyone kind of being okay with the idea that secretly, behind closed doors, the people are the alternative government, don't trust each other enough so they start rolling tape on each other is absurd. And while I'm at at, one of the figures that has been talking about this practice of taping each other in meetings is the deputy leader of the party. You may not know who he is, but here he is playing on TikTok earlier in the year.
Speaker 1: David, what are you doing?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 1: Well, you know what's Sweethie's. I've got the teen shirt. I couldn't get ticket, so I'm thought I had my own consent here in.
Speaker 2: The office, less taping, more policy both privately and publicly. As to the American presidential election. You know, I'm always going to find a way to talk about this. We've got a great panel ahead this evening. Again, no looks, no lefties. But still the October Surprise. This is where supposedly some big story is going to fall from the sky and one candidate is suddenly going to fall out of contention.
Speaker 1: It's never really that bad, but you get the point.
Speaker 2: The October surprise is, well, there's a couple of them, and we were not even a week into it. Donald Trump got some more bad news today via the person who wants to put him in jail for his part in and around everything that led up to January sixth. Now, the Supreme Court has already said that the official acts of a president you can't go to court for, so this bloke has decided to refile it and pretend that it was really the acts of a private citizen that was trying to overturn the twenty twenty election. Now this is all great for the MSNBC types of those that think Don Trump is the most evil orange thing to have ever inhabited the planet. But every time this happens, where they ratchet up the law fare, the poll numbers go up as well, and according to the very latest polls, he's either just in front or just behind, meaning that if he's a bump, he can lock this election away. If he's in front, or he may well be able to by this time next week be the leader of the election. So he correctly calls them out for trying to create the October Surprise of twenty twenty four.
Speaker 11: They calm, deranged Jacksmith. He just lost the big dark Ement's case. That was the biggest of them all, they said, the dark Ement's case, and they said that was the toughest of them all. Let mee, we just wanted and it was one strongly and he works for Kamala and he works for Joel. This was a weaponization of government and that's why it was released thirty days before the election.
Speaker 2: Now, the other October surprise is one that you're probably going to have to send out a search party to find because no one in the mainstream media is to want to talk about this whatsoever.
Speaker 1: And when we mean mainstream, we mean access, we mean.
Speaker 2: Pro Democrat media. Dug Emhoff is the husband of Kamala Harris. He could end up being the first Gentleman of the United States should she win. And normally I wouldn't talk about a story involving a spouse, but I do when they give interviews like this where they get the foot licking from this host on MSNBC, who, of course, used to be Joe Biden spokesperson in the White House. An interesting part of how people have talked about your role here is how your role has reshaped the perception of masculinity.
Speaker 1: And I'm not sure you planned on that, but you are an incredibly supportive spouse. Has that been an evolution for you?
Speaker 2: And do you think that's part of the role you might play as first gentleman?
Speaker 1: It's funny. I've started to think a lot about this. I've always been like this.
Speaker 2: Pure, pure than the driven snow cheetah on his first wife and knocked up the nanny. Okay, then there's this story first started in the Daily Mail, then to page six in the New York Post, Kamala Harris's husband, Dagenmofas, allegedly slapped his ex for flirting with another man during a drunken night out. Mainstream media access media pro Democrat Media.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thankfully not Meghan Kelly. I'll have to check to her a little bit later in the program. Quick breakback with more No.
Speaker 2: Sooks, No Left East. Meghan Kelly, what a night you've got to see this Thursday night.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for watching. Hey, I hope that your footy team gets.
Speaker 2: Up in the NRAL a little bit later this weekend. If it's not your team that's there, don't worry. Bathist following weekend, following weekend, very excited.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get to it right now.
Speaker 2: Christy Bigsweeney is the head of the pr Council and Henry Pike is a.
Speaker 1: Member for Bowman in the Federal Parliament. Both of you. Hello, so Christy, we again forgive me that we've I.
Speaker 2: Took a bit of time to explain the supply chain to the Prime Minister. But we'll get to that in a second. These protests that are happening this weekend, Melbourne doesn't have an approval system.
Speaker 1: So if you just turn up, they have to respond. Sydney, they're going to do it anyway. But what about my idea.
Speaker 2: If you decided to put on a conference that lefties wouldn't like, they would send you the bill because police had to go and sort out the protesters that turn it up to your event. Why are they not being sent a bill for a protest that the police told them they never wanted to have.
Speaker 4: I agree.
Speaker 12: Look, the discrepancy between what occurs in New South Wales and what occurs in Melbourne is now obvious to everybody who says, well, why are people allowed to have these protests on this particular day on October seventh or on October sixth, obviously to cause as much distress as possible to Melbourne's not insignificant Jewish population. I'm sure they are a police within vic Pole who would wish there was some way that they could stop these protests going ahead. But guess what, it's just senter Alan Labor government who refuses to acknowledge that we could require a system where police have the last word in terms of who gets to protest and when.
Speaker 2: Now again, right, Henry, If the system is benefit of the doubt generally is given to protesters. Right to protest, free speech right. But obviously there are certain occasions, certain situations, certain causes and track records that need to be discussed here as well. Now you know we know that discussing this topic in any way, shape or form, with any form of nuance only makes everyone annoyed.
Speaker 1: But I don't care. I'll throw the nuance at it because it deserves it.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 1: But again, what do you think of my point here?
Speaker 2: Where for some reason, when police want to crack down, they'll fire rubber bullets if they don't want you to be on the street, if they consider the use of their resources and the irritant they send you a bill. Yet, oh well, as long as you don't go past the as long as you don't go past the synagogue.
Speaker 1: Oh that's okay.
Speaker 10: Well, not everyone's been getting a bill, Paul.
Speaker 1: That's the problem.
Speaker 10: That's unfortunately, there seems to be one rule for one group and one rule for another. And I think the presonent's been set here by these protesters. We've seen what they've done in the streets of Melbourne. We saw what they were doing in the days following October seven last.
Speaker 1: Year in Sydney. It's just not good enough.
Speaker 10: This isn't what we expect to see. And I think there needs to be a more proactive approach taken by our police in relation to these protesters. And if they haven't got the capacity to do that in certain jurisdictions, then that should be given to them. But also there's a role for the federal government to play here. Everyone who was carrying a Hesbala flag the other day, they were committing a federal offense. There should be charged under the Criminal Code. There's heaps that can be done. We just need the political will to actually do it well.
Speaker 2: And again you know the slide of hand from Tony Burke ole if they were on a visa role boot the thatt Ah Pal also under your jurisdiction, and also down the corridor as the Attorney General, you can have conversations about people who were born here, the vast majority of which were probably in that category. But nice try to change the subject. Most of the media going off in that direction. Well, we'll keep following, well the options that are actually before them. All right, now, a couple of quick rounds here before we get the winners and losers. Christy, the shrinkflation thing, Okay, I know what the Prime Minister is trying to do, which is to turn the supermarkets into what he was successfully able to turn the Reserve Bank into. As interest rates were slowly.
Speaker 1: Going up and up and up. I don't think it's going to work.
Speaker 2: And also this concept that the supermarket is directly linked to how much is in what packet of what you try to buy?
Speaker 1: What do you think of this plan?
Speaker 12: Well, there's two aspects to this. Yes, there is a supply chain issue, the cost of individual goods and services that make up that particular product, anything from production to freight to international trade issues that fluctuate, particularly within products, and negotiations with unions with farmers. There's so many factors that go into the cost of a product. But let's not forget as well, Paul. The supermarkets have lied. The supermarkets have staged marketing campaigns and advertising campaigns, spending money that they make from inflating the prices and then bringing them down again to put consumers in a cost of living crisis at a disadvantage.
Speaker 4: Now, the government wants to ignore the.
Speaker 12: Supply chain issues because you're entirely correct. The government has an objective to ship blame and make the supermarkets the baddy in the cost of living crisis. The supermarkets are to blame on some level, but the government has going to go full tilt with this attack all the way through to the election, and the.
Speaker 1: Same way it was about the big banks. And then we've got a royal commission.
Speaker 2: By the way, how many of those recommendations were ever put in place then, of course you know plenty of other times. And also still worth noting where we're talking about royal commissions and I want to do this each and every week. The government still has not responded formerly to the veteran suicide Royal Commission. Oh, it's really important, we care about everyone. Any of the recommendations you're willing to back in still haven't said why they're going to back in on it. And remember when it came to the banking Royal Commission, Oh what are you going to Not much was actually put in place, so we'll keep it tab Henry.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about Queensland.
Speaker 2: And I wanted to show you something which was the coury mail speaking to us of a panel of undecided voters.
Speaker 1: This in part is what they've had to say about the leaders.
Speaker 8: Quick thoughts on the leaders.
Speaker 13: Both are pretty uninspiring.
Speaker 1: They don't really have strong opinions on the leaders so far, you.
Speaker 4: Guys can get in the way that the political candidate might.
Speaker 2: Big concern is broken promises after the election.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you saw the debate tonight. I certainly played what I thought to be some of the highlights in it all. Henry, no doubt you're going to be all OLMP all the way. But do you think that things are a little grayer than the black and white that is being presented by the Poles here?
Speaker 10: I don't think there is no I've been doing knocking a lot with my local state candidates out in the Redlands, and I can tell you that the public is very strongly wanting a change of government. I think that people very much have a favorable view of David christoph Fully, and I think that they're willing to trust him for change when they go to the Poles starting in ten days time, I think that there is a move for change. I think it's going to be a very emphatic win for the christop Fully government and I think they're going to be a very good government and a government that Queenslanders can trust.
Speaker 1: All Right, bumper stickers, we all lose this week, Christy.
Speaker 12: I'm going to say win David christoph Fully, not for the Poles, but because he made a promise at the beginning of the year that he would put female candidates in half of all winnable seats the LMP at this election. And he's done it. He's delivered. He's the only bloke in Australia to do it.
Speaker 2: Congratulates good stuff, Henry less than ten seconds ago.
Speaker 10: The winner has to be the mighty Brisbane Lions, the p of Brisbane Town of course, all conquering up.
Speaker 1: Thank you memory, hold that, Thank you mate, appreciate it. Thank you guys.
Speaker 2: We'll talk to you again that next week. Megan Kelly in a moment here on Paul Murray Live. Our favorite person to talk to each and every week is Megan Kelly. And let's talk about a vice presidential debate.
Speaker 1: Hello, rock star. Now, I'll be honest. I've been a jead events doubter, but you we played it last night. He killed it.
Speaker 13: Yesterday, he crushed it. You could not have asked for better. It was a thing of beauty. It may not matter at all, but it was wonderful to actually watch because you know, we've been so frustrated watching Trump out there, who is fine, but he is not like jd Is in terms of being able to prosecute the Republican's case, to bring it to the Democrats to point out their lives to when lying is happening in the moment, be able to look at the guy and say, what did I say that was wrong?
Speaker 1: Walk me through it.
Speaker 13: How did you not sign a law that would allow babies born after botched abortions to suffer and die on the table? What did I we just Trump doesn't do that, and very few Republicans do that. But jad Vance knew the facts and with a surgeon's precision, was able to cut through the bowl and get down to the meat of his own arguments, just completely in a forensic way, right in a way that was had a real wow factor where you were like, yes, that distills all my thoughts about this issue down to five words. He brought it to the moderators when the moderators needed it. He fought for his airtime, He called them out on their bs fact checking. Of the one side, it was just everything you could hope it would be.
Speaker 2: Of the two moderators, one was terrible, but that was to be expected. One was better than expected because at least there was the tough question for Waltz to have to answer, and as we've just discussed, he wasn't able to do it. You've had plenty to say about moderators in the past. What did you think of the way the whole thing was run?
Speaker 7: You're just trying to trigger me, aren't you?
Speaker 1: A little bit? Trigger me a little bit?
Speaker 13: I saw my trigger spots. I just this is the more I thought about it, the more I just got I just got angrier and angrier over what CBS did last night. I mean, it was better than ABC by a midget, you know. I mean, it's it's hard for me to say that they were better because they were disgustingly biased in their question selection, in their follow ups, in their fake fact in their snide tone, their sneering condescension to the Republican and to Republican voters. The Media Research Center did a study of the CBS Evening News and Morning News and showed that it's eighty three or eighty four percent negative stories for Trump, that it's ridiculous, seventeen percent of the stories or either neutral or positive, and eighty three percent of the coverage is negative on Trump. Not as bad as ABC, which I think was ninety seven percent negative for Trump, but disgusting and that was on full display last night. Margaret Brennan embarrassed herself. She completely changed many people's professional opinion of her. She's been very biased against Trump on her Sunday show. She's the one who on the night of the first assassination attempt, where Trump was still bleeding from his head, criticized his paper statement that he put out saying I'm okay and God bless whatever. Oh, he didn't call for his supporters not to retaliate. Irresponsible, what he's still bleeding. The story is not Trump's supporters getting ready to retaliate. It's that some lunatic almost shot his head off.
Speaker 2: I agree completely not to mention all of the problems that are happening, from storms to port shutdowns to the Middle East, all the rest of the day, which all obviously shows five years of ladyship at almost every level, but almost got a theory.
Speaker 13: I say something on the storm thing. Yeah, please give me for interapping. They raise the issue of Hurricane Helene, which has got we have hundreds of Americans dead. We probably have some six hundred more we're waiting to find they could be dead as well. And we've got people to these dramatic rooftop rescues where children are dying. Grandparents are dying. Kamala Harris was out in Los Angeles with her celebrity friends like Demi Levado, having beef Wellington while they were begging for help on their rooftops. That's the landing of your question, you dumb ass debate moderators. They raise Hurricane Helene. I'm thinking, great, you should do that when you get breaking news as a debate moderator the day of the debate or a couple days before. It's a blessing. It's mona from heaven. I can do all my jobs at once, get the actual news into my debate moderation, move this story forward, and hold the powerful to account. So they raise Hurricane Helene in the suffering. What's the landing that they use. It's misproof that there's climate change and what we need to do about it. The climate change is making these storms worse, which is not true. It's not true. If go back and look at the hurricane force over time. We had the most devastating some thirty years ago. The ones that have come along this season actually haven't been more severe than we've seen in past years. They predicted absolute disaster this fall. It didn't come.
Speaker 1: We had one.
Speaker 13: We've had many that are equally, if not more devastating than Helene. That's not the landing. The landing is the total lack of action and accountability by the woman who's asking us to make her the next president, who's the sitting vice president, who was too busy eating beef Wellington to give a damn. No one will ask a tough question like that. They've got to go back to their pet issues. They gave what seven minutes to abortion? More to climate change? Had to be another seven to January sixth. People don't care about climate change or January sixth. The polls show us that they care one or two about immigration. And when the two candidates started to fight on immigration, what did they do? They cut the mics to move on. Just the bias is it's up here. I feel like I'm drowning in it, and you, as a Republican, you watch it and all you know when it's over is I don't like the moderators. I'm annoyed.
Speaker 1: I love JD.
Speaker 13: At the Trump Kamala Harris debate, you were like, I'm frustrated with Trump. But the media bias is so ubiquitous, it's so steeped in. All we can do now is try to manage our ways through it. And I'm really thinking this morning, we have to find a new approach. I just think maybe we just don't participate. Maybe it's a hard and fast rule that if we have one on an NBC or a CBS or an ABC, there has to be one on a Fox News or with an independent somebody like me or benchhap here whatever. You can't just say we're only going to go into these forums that the Democrats control.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one hundred percent. And you know we've talked about it before. I think that you go, okay, look I'll do a town hall on one night. You can do another town hall on another night, and just go, look, we're not going to play this this nonsense because as soon as you put us together, we know which one you're going.
Speaker 1: To cast this good guy, bad guy. You're the best in the beast. Thank you so much for the chat. Everyone loves listening to the show.
Speaker 2: Meghan Kelly Show on podcast Serious XM, and of course always here on Paul Murray Life love it.
Speaker 1: No talk to you soon.
Speaker 13: Great to see you, my friend. Fill the next time