Speaker 1: Late general, welcome, late.
Speaker 2: Pays well, good evening, It's great to have your company.
Speaker 3: I'm James Macpherson with Liz Stauer and Joe Hildebrand coming up.
Speaker 2: A Gold Coast fisherman not unconscious.
Speaker 3: By a whale. We'll get to that a bit later. Plus, when we look at the papers, record numbers of Queensland students being homeschooled and household plastics are a much greater health risk than anyone ever imagined, according to a new study.
Speaker 2: We'll get to all of that in a moment, but first, new.
Speaker 3: ABC boss Kim Williams has been telling anyone who will listen that the national broadcaster desperately needs more funding. After all, presenting left wing ideology twenty four to seven doesn't come cheak. Not even one point one billion dollars.
Speaker 2: A year is enough to cover it.
Speaker 3: So it might surprise you then to learn that your cash strapped ABC spend one hundred and thirty five thousand dollars of your money sending its Adelaide radioduo to cover the Olympic Games. Not that they went to any sporting events. They didn't go to any stadiums. Instead, they covered the atmosphere in Paris, and what the ABC advertised as the pair's extraordinary French adventure could work if you can get it, even better work if the taxpayer is footing the bill.
Speaker 2: Liberal Senator Alex Antik.
Speaker 3: Speaking for most of us I think, told The Australian it was staggering that the ABC thinks that spending one hundred and thirty five grand to send two breakfast radio hosts and two staff to Paris for the Olympic Games represents value for money for the Australian taxpayer, all at a time when Australians face a cost of living crisis, multiple interest rate rises and some of the highest prices.
Speaker 2: We've seen in a generation.
Speaker 3: It does beg the question, how can you claim to be underfunded when you're putting on, you know, perks and jaunts like this.
Speaker 1: Well, this isn't unusual for the ABC. I was actually surprised to learn that they'd only sent four, yes, twenty, The major network sent like over two hundred.
Speaker 4: Oh this is just from Adelaide though, This is just from the Adelie breakface from Adelaide.
Speaker 1: But also when you do the math, is thirty three thousand, thirty three thousand per head for four people for two weeks of the Games. Is that really that extortionate?
Speaker 5: Once you put in like flights a.
Speaker 4: Comedy there, like I could, yeah, exactly, I could get a really cheap flight to Antarctica and do a Noodi run around the South Ball.
Speaker 6: But that doesn't explain what I'm doing.
Speaker 1: Pressing question, especially given they announced in early July that they had this ubute sub licensing deal with nine whereby ABC Radio where the regional rural remote you name it could use nine's broadcast. So it does beg the question why did you send anyone.
Speaker 3: Well for color and light and shade. I mean they were drinking water from the river and period the trump with a.
Speaker 4: Three of with aqua vita and look, I am never going to get between a journal and a junket, right, They're in there.
Speaker 6: In lives or a perilous risk to your life.
Speaker 4: Right, I've been on overseas jungles everything and blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 6: But the difference is that this is.
Speaker 4: Paid for by the tax payer and other broadcasts. Obviously, the host broadcasters spend millions and millions of dollars just to get the rights, millions and millions of dollars to send all their top stars and crew and everything over there to.
Speaker 6: Do all that stuff.
Speaker 4: But they do that because they get a return on investment, because if they do that right, then they get bigger ratings, which means they get more AD revenue, which means that they can pay those people and pays for itself, and.
Speaker 6: This investment in that company. ABC does not have that motivation.
Speaker 4: In fact, the ABC's whole motivation, even though they constantly worry about ratings as a sort of sense of pride, and I can completely understand that as well. But their job is not to get big ratings, because the reason you want big ratings is so you can get big AD money. Their job is to do the stuff that doesn't rate or that it doesn't attract AD revenue, so that Australians don't miss out, like you know, Weekend Arts or Radio National or.
Speaker 6: Whatever it is.
Speaker 4: But you know what I mean, Like, so they have to be relevant to Australians, So they've got to show that Australians are listening to them and engaging with their products. But the reason the raison debtra to use a French term for any other commercial organization sending people to Paris, which is rock solid simply does not exist at the ABC.
Speaker 6: It is a dead parrot.
Speaker 3: But had the ABC not sent this peer, we would have missed out on magical moments like where they got French people to say Ozzie assisi oi, or where they stood out the.
Speaker 1: Fore Oh well that right, Yeah, that's worth one hundred and thirty five.
Speaker 3: What comes to mind when I say Australia and the replies were amazing.
Speaker 2: You'd never kangaroos, koalas, stuff.
Speaker 3: Like that, so we would have missed all of that breaking spent this money so wisely ground breaking.
Speaker 5: I noticed that the ABC has yet to comment on this story, just kind of like, yeah, well that's another thing to say.
Speaker 3: Really they need to comment on this story because it's actually our money, so we and through alex Antick have every right to ask what the heck?
Speaker 5: But they're not any other way anyway.
Speaker 1: I mean, if they continually get bashed, their ratings are dropping.
Speaker 5: Everyone knows this. They're in dice.
Speaker 6: Except in Adelaide. Adelaide they're the highest rating.
Speaker 4: They are the highest rating metro AC.
Speaker 1: Which is why obviously they were the chosen ones, because they're they're the most like let's send a.
Speaker 4: Breaktas they're no onhere as good as pinbo I can promise you that quick word.
Speaker 2: In defense of these two radio hosts.
Speaker 3: I mean it's not's not their fault opportunity of course you say.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm pretty sure I know Jewels. I think he's the top.
Speaker 4: And again, if someone was going to say we're sending you to Paris for the Olympic, yep, thank you very much. Absolutely, I'm not going to actually is this an appropriate use of tax paper? No, take the money and run. And if you want to send me, I'm available. I'll also do the US ambassador's dinner party if you want me to, you know, like, but still don't playing issue the ABC has made that it's not there for God though they're made out like bandits, they're just a laughing, literally laughing all the way to the banks of the Seine.
Speaker 6: No good on them.
Speaker 4: And again I've never criticized a journal for taking a junker. Taken plenty of myself, and I'm available for others.
Speaker 2: Very good.
Speaker 3: Well, let's go to council madness, because there's so many crazy things happening in councils around the country. Will start in Queensland. You've heard the old adage, sure dog is a band's best friend. Well I tell you who's not, and that's the Redland City Council. They've just threatened dog owners with fines of two thousand, seven hundred dollars if you're caught with your dog not on its leash. That's a one hundred and fifty percent increase on the previous amount. Now, just to put this in perspective, Liz and Joe, twenty seven hundred dollars if you're caught walking your dog without its leash. If you're caught doing one hundred kilometers in a sixty zone, it's a one six hundred and fifty three dollar fine. If you're caught drink driving, it's less than if you're caught with your dog off its leash. So that's how crazy these fines are. And what makes it even crazier is that in the Redlands Shire, the area where you can let the dog off its leash, it's not fenced. There's a couple of signs showing vaguely where the area is, and so local resident Margaret Hardy, she said officers were issuing fines to dog owners for allowing their dogs to walk from the unfenced dog park to the car without being on a lead, which was really just a matter of meters. There are three or four signs, she said, with a map within the grass area and at each end, but the rest is a guestimation because there's no fence around the dog area.
Speaker 2: But here's my big idea, joe I reckon.
Speaker 3: It's a great thing that in Queensland, if your dog does the wrong thing, you, as the owner, you get fined twenty seven hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: What if they did that for the parents of juvenile criminals.
Speaker 4: That's right, that's a fantastic idea. This makes my blood boil.
Speaker 6: This is so insane. This is Karen Baiting right.
Speaker 4: This is basically saying, if you are a miserable, nasty life hating dog, hating child, hating old way with nothing better to do, you can just spend your days just looking for people as dogs are off the leash.
Speaker 6: This does my head in.
Speaker 4: Everyone knows that in every single community there are areas where the dogs run free.
Speaker 6: Everyone's cool with it. Half the time. No one I know in the parks in my area.
Speaker 4: Half the time, no one knows whether it's whether it's meant to be an on leach or off leag Era or night. We've got a public golf course near our house that was recently saved from the Greens who were trying to turn it into some I don't know, talking yarning circle or something, I don't know, whatever it was, and you know, and everyone just runs their dogs up and down it. I don't know if they're meant to be on a leash. I don't know if they're meant to be driving a golf bait. I don't know if they're meant to shout for if they're coming, you know, but everyone does it because the community just knows. And then the council comes in and councils always bow to the will of the most unreasonable, intolerant, nasty snitch in the community.
Speaker 6: And that's exactly what this has done. It is Karen Baiting.
Speaker 4: It is saying, you know what, we are going to take the most miserable, anti social, misanthropic person in the community and apply their standards to everybody else. And it's outrageous and not just misanthropic, miss dogthropic.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of councils taking on the feedback of in this case, two people, Let's go to Sydney where Clover Moore has decided that a very popular pub in Wilhelmloo can no longer serve people dinner outside after eight pm.
Speaker 7: Why.
Speaker 1: Apparently there were a few kegs discovered on the sidewalk which was blocking pedestrians the last time the council popped in and get this, two people, just two people from the community had complained and said, we don't want these people outside anymore. They're dining, they're drinking, they're having a great time, and I'm miserable, so I want them to be miserable too. This woman's name is Belinda Olsen. She was one of the two public submissions that got a counsel to be like, oh, yes, we must action this immediately.
Speaker 5: Here's what she had to say for herself.
Speaker 1: There is way too much space given to them already, and I object to them receiving anymore faith. They are not being accountable for the area now and they need to respect residents and pedestrians, not to mention the noise generated from that many people standing and sitting around outside.
Speaker 5: As they get louder, as they get drunk.
Speaker 1: Car Belinda, you sound like you need a cold one lady. I mean, how miserable do you have to be? And yet she would be so toughed right now because what does Sydney Council decide to do lay the SmackDown on the pub. It's called the Old Fits. Many Sydney siders would be very familiar with it. Here's James Thorpe, who owns the Old Fits.
Speaker 5: He says, it's pretty unbelievable.
Speaker 1: We accept that neighborhood amenity is really important, but we have a perfect compliance history. That we're having to close the most popular area of the pub just as dinner service is starting is not right when we've traded out.
Speaker 5: There for eighteen years until ten p m.
Speaker 1: I can understand if the council had received like one hundred complaints, and then you've got to assume that for everyone who's taken the time to complain, there's a pile of others who've taken exception to it but sucked it up, and you go, oh, well, we've got to do something. But two complaints, they got two submissions and now the SmackDown gets placed.
Speaker 5: In the Old Fit.
Speaker 4: It is absolutely insane. I'm going to it might be even the one thing I love more than dogs is alcohol.
Speaker 6: So I'm going to get even more upset about this way. Okay, this is a letter.
Speaker 4: This is This is a tiny, little local pub. It is the most awesome job. I've been their heaps of times. It was the local of a maid of mine who, trigger warning, used to take his dog there occasionally, I believe unleashed.
Speaker 6: I'll have to I'll have to go.
Speaker 4: Back and check my nose, my next for my next council report. But I believe that, you know from time to time, and it's just one of those beautiful little community pubs. It's not a sort of joint where you've got you know, giant you know, beer swilling, meth head bikis.
Speaker 6: Stabbing each other with pool cubes.
Speaker 4: There's a little community theater there, or at least it was last time I checked.
Speaker 6: I don't go to I don't leave the house anymore. But there used to be a beautiful little community theater there. So they put on little plays. So you go and have your dinner and then you go have a thing, and it's still there. It is.
Speaker 4: It's a little sort of it's the most inoffensive place in the world, blocking pedestriins. No one's walking past there, except to go to the pub. It's basically the only thing you go there. There's a big housing commissioner state. On the other side, it's lots of colorful local identities. I'm sure that they've got bigger problems than the ones that Belinda outlined. And it's also at the sort of just adjacent to sort of down the hill from almost down the cliff from a little a little locality in city, not officially a suburb industrum. That's a little fun fact. Not a suburb, but a locality. Doesn't have its own post guy, but he's a locality.
Speaker 6: You might have heard of it. It's called King's Cross.
Speaker 4: Cross at what Cage Cross gets loud at night?
Speaker 6: No, you have to stop your dinner service. You're out of disservice at eight pm. There's no early bird special.
Speaker 4: That's not that's not the that's not the west ryde RSLAN and.
Speaker 3: The new South Wales government Chris Means he's been trying to encourage while attainment venues. Clover More has been boasting about how they've removed red tape to encourage entertainment and dining venues.
Speaker 2: This establishment apparently.
Speaker 3: Has got an eighteen year history of perfect compliance with council regulations.
Speaker 2: They get a couple of complaints and all of a sudden, the council.
Speaker 3: Are They enforce the rules rigorously without any grace or mercy at all. Let's stick with councils because it just keeps going. In New South Wales, the Cumberland City Council in Western Sydney, well, doesn't matter that sixty four percent I think it was. It was certainly two thirds of people in that shire voted no to the Voice at the referendum last October.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: No, they're going to push ahead with their own local treaty. They're calling it partnership, but it's really a treaty with three indigenous groups. Now, this treaty, apart from acknowledging that the land in the shire, was never ceded and I guess if the council really believed that they would give back City Hall and their own homes and properties.
Speaker 2: But it's just virtue signaling.
Speaker 3: But they've decided that these three indigenous groups will be consulted on every new development, every planning application and even on the naming of streets from now on. Once they pass this partnership, councilor Steve Christu was on two GB talking about the incredible red tape that will be put around developments if this goes ahead.
Speaker 7: That is very very concerning because it will just stop any development or any sort of progress occurring in Cumberland. And imagine all the red tape that's going to be created when you have to consult on every lamp purchase or every negotiation or deal that council wants to implement. It's just not on It's horrendous for the local community.
Speaker 3: Now, the good news is the state government can override this, but Joe, the bad news is it's a labor state government.
Speaker 4: It is, but the labor mayor of Cumberland is pretty sensible. I've only met her at once, but she seemed pretty sensible and they've had sort of issues dancing around kind of you know, are they too versus Steve christ who's a former mayor and is very obviously, as you can say, straight down the line, good old fashioned family values, no nonsense, no bs, that sort of thing, and he's an impressive figure as well. But I think it will be interesting to see just what form this takes. I can't imagine. Firstly, the state labor government wants to do one thing and one thing only above absolutely anything else. And it showed it in its last date budget where it put billions towards it, and has showed it in every single thing that's said. Front and center wants more housing, wants more housing, and anything that stops counsels from approving more housing. They come in and they whack them like a ton of bricks. They hate Nimbi's, they hate the people, the councils who aren't approving it. They've gone after them before, they'll go after them again. They've just announced gott an eight billion or something for public housing, a huge amount of money.
Speaker 6: So if any of this, if.
Speaker 4: Any of these so called consultations or partnerships slow down the development application process and slow down the rate of speed at which housing can be approved, I promise you the government will come down on them like a ton of bricks. The good news is the mayor and this is not like a sort of a bulla recounts l or one of those kind of lefty why tearly kind of lefty councils. This is real sort of Sydney heartland, Western Sydney mticulture. The labor mayor from the right of the party, as is obviously Chris Mins, who's been saying all the right things about ending red tape and that sort of stuff, including the previous story. So I think I hold out some hope that this is just a kind of thing to say acknowledge. Yeah, maybe we'll have some Indigenous names on the new streets that we build, Maybe there will be Indigenous spaces. If there's a park, there'll be a yarning circle or some sort of note to the indigenous history. But if it slows up housing and development, it will be crashed.
Speaker 2: Even if if doesn't affect red tape.
Speaker 3: Liz, what right does a local council who are meant to be filling in potholes, making sure parks are freshly mode? What right do they have to enter into treaties on who owns the land with anybody.
Speaker 1: And it's a big, big middle finger to the people who voted them. Then you are supposed to be representing your constituency. Two hundred and forty thousand people live in Cumberland Council. Only fourteen hundred and fifty of them are Indigenous, So to preference such a small percentage of the population, it begs the question if they pass such a thing. Who's really running the council? Why do we affect you guys to be on counsel and to sit as counselors if you're just going to sign a treaty that makes everyone co manage it?
Speaker 5: Not actually those three.
Speaker 4: Land I'm saying, it's not actually a treaty at all. It's a step christ who was saying this is effectively a treaty that will be the same thing as Yeah, that's.
Speaker 3: Just essentially you're saying, there's us and there's you, and we are two completely distinct, separate groups.
Speaker 2: Let's have a partnership, they're calling it.
Speaker 4: Let's have a macarata exactly coming together everything but name.
Speaker 6: But I think.
Speaker 3: We're on a council website, right and you know the mayor, so I take your word for it. But you read the bios of all the counselors and these words stand out continually in the bios, and the buyers are only one or two sentences, but diverse city inclusion. I'm here to stand for social justice. Social inclusion reconst nothing to do with being a counselor, No.
Speaker 2: Not at all. So you can see this that's always going to go this way.
Speaker 3: When you elect people who see their role as being on council to bring social justice.
Speaker 4: But every other count and I agree that that's all just a bunch of wankery that sort of means nothing in it of itself. But you'll see that all sort of counselors have that sort of stuff. They will have all organizations will say we respect our Earth, inclusion bab bah, all those signs everywhere racist, red flag, do not vote. That's pretty annoying obviously. Obviously those sorts of words pronouns in your bio that I mean, i'd i'd love to know. You know, they're going to go knock on the door of saving six foot four islander guys. Sorry, mate, because you apparently are a colonial oppressor to the indigenous population here.
Speaker 6: You're going to have to seed your land to them.
Speaker 4: I don't think that council worker is going to get very far in that conversation, So I'm not sure that this is going.
Speaker 6: To be the end of day's event.
Speaker 3: Probably right, Let's go to the UK, where the Labor government is reviewing their terrorism legislation and strategies, and as part of that review, they are now proposing to list extreme misogyny as terrorism. Now, the way that this would work is that anyone who's guilty of extreme misogyny and will talk about the problems that phrase raises in a moment, but we'll have to be referred to the government's terrorism unit, which means even school teachers if they encountered young boys I don't know in grade seven or grade nine who are exhibiting signs of extreme misogyny. And Liz, we've never seen a high school boy who's exhibited signs.
Speaker 2: Of you know, tempting or being mean to girls.
Speaker 3: But teachers would be duty bound to report that kid to the terrorism authorities if they're going to say extreme misogyny is on par with Islamic terrorism. Bridget Phillipson, she's the Minister for Women and Equalities. She said, I want to make sure that we have a generation of boys and young men who grow up respecting women rather than the growing levels of misogyny we're seeing at the moment. It has to be about prosecuting and preventing. But we have to start when our children are young.
Speaker 5: AE.
Speaker 3: You can't prosecute them too young to make sure they have healthy attitudes towards women, else we risk a generation of misogynists. Now to say that extreme misogyny and extreme misogyny, it begs the question, can you have moderate misogyny?
Speaker 2: Is that okay?
Speaker 3: And who defines extreme and who defines misogyny? And Islamic terrorist And this is according to the Home Secretary in figures she released last year, Islamic terrorism represented sixty seven percent of all terrorist attacks in the UK over the past six years, seventy five percent of MI five's caseload involves people from Islamic terrorist backgrounds, and sixty four percent of all people in custody for terror added defenses relate to Islamic terrorism.
Speaker 2: But they're worried about boys being mean to girls.
Speaker 3: That the concern here is on a serious note, is that effectively it downplays Islamic terrorism, which is a very real threat right across Europe and indeed the Western world. And when you're saying, well, you've got Islamic terrorism, but you've also got extreme misogyny, it sort of downplays Islamic terrorism almost to a point of normalizing it, Like, you know, it's just one of those things.
Speaker 1: Well, when you look at their categories for extremism, it's really vast. They've got one for animal rights. They've got an environmental one. There's a category for in cell, which stands for involuntary celibate, which they describe as young men who are really resentful to women due to women's rejection of them.
Speaker 5: That is on an extremist list.
Speaker 1: Just in cell sitting in their basements, usually playing.
Speaker 6: Some sort of like by day. They call that high school.
Speaker 1: So you're like, what are you guys focused on right now? Especially while the UK is burning? There are very legitimate terrorism threats underway. Extremism not only of the far right, but also yes, Islamic extremism, as we've seen breaking out on the streets of the UK over the last four weeks after the stabbings in Southport, which is what three weeks old now, four hundred and sixty people have already come before magistrates in the UK just due to the riots.
Speaker 5: That have occurred during that. And these guys want to talk about we've.
Speaker 1: Got to crack down on high school boys or not even high school boys. How young is she talking about when she's saying boys and young men here, and what does this actually mean? You're going to start running courses in high school being like be nice to women and all it does is create more space for young men to be resentful, to shrug off this authoritarian figures telling them that you can't I don't even know what they're going to be saying, like, you can't do this to women, you can't be mean.
Speaker 6: I'm not clear exactly what they how they're going to do.
Speaker 1: Because they don't they don't give one example of the misogyny that.
Speaker 5: They're talking about.
Speaker 3: It's just like, let me give you some examples of extreme misogyny, honor killings, child rights.
Speaker 2: Sex traffic, you would be very genital mutilation.
Speaker 3: That there's some examples of extreme misogyny that maybe the UK government could crack down on hard.
Speaker 5: But to see anything Islamic, They're not going to touch it, are they.
Speaker 1: As we saw during these riots, all of it was directed at the far right patriots that people in the UK, the natives have had e enough. We didn't once see a single government figure come out and talk about the Islamic streamism that had given rise to what is a totally predictable backlash.
Speaker 4: I think that there is definitely I mean, there's definitely horrible terror like results from extreme misogyny. I mean, there was a Californian shooter, one of the many many mass killings in the US that there's just so many it's hard to sort of it. But he was clearly, I think, identified as an inceel and the and the and there.
Speaker 6: And there is this weird online.
Speaker 4: Community which is turned sort of what I was, which was a port nerdy kid who couldn't get a girlfriend, into these these sort of hive mind people who with Andrew Tate and others. There's a sort of community. It's got some weird it's like the bro online sort or something, or the you know, the Man to neet or something. It's like the man Internet or whatever. And there is this foreign community, and people are worried about I'm worried about my boys about Andrew Tate is an absolute horrible scumbag. There is no no pretending that he's just teaching boys to be men and anything like. He is a horrible, horrible human being. Does some also, I believe he's facing charges for sex trafficking. So I don't think it's a bit like saying, yeah, Hitler, you know, I killed a lot the Jews. But he was a vegetarian, loved animals. Actually, he was a vegetarian for.
Speaker 5: Health reason, a lot of good stuff.
Speaker 4: He is a hideous human being and anything good that he has to say is far out wide by the appalling thing.
Speaker 1: How much of his stuff if you listen to what are you basing that on? The media definitely just goes after this.
Speaker 5: And he has he said terrible things, but.
Speaker 6: He's accused of doing them. He's facing he's facing charges in two different countries. That's what I'm saying, facing charges.
Speaker 3: Yes, we don't have nerdy young guys who've never had a boyfriend threatening to blow up a Katy Perry concert or a Taylor Swift concert.
Speaker 6: They have gone hence, But the Californian.
Speaker 2: Kid, that's not the issue in the UK and throughout Europe.
Speaker 6: Not right, It's not their biggest problem right now.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying it is not inconceivable that these two things could become as extreme as each other and result in Killing's just like it's not unconcivable that you could have the massacre in New Zealand being just as bad as you know, the attacks on the batter of cloud in Paris. The difference, I think is just what is that definition going to be? And I think when you have so many people who are so easily sort of triggered or so easily alarmed by what is off a normal teenage you know, male behavior. Kids mucking around saying stupid stuff like any teenage boy does, any or younger than teenage boy does. If they're going to start saying, oh my god, that's a misogyny, that's a misogyny, you've got to be reported to the police.
Speaker 6: You've got to go to this re education count. That is the problem here.
Speaker 3: Just coming back to something you said, Liz, Let's say, okay, extreme misogyny is an issue.
Speaker 2: The government need to do something about it.
Speaker 3: But the timing of this when you've got rights in the UK because people are concerned about immigration for economic reasons but also because of social cohesion. There have been a number of terrorist incidents in the UK. It's not just one or two, oh far more than we're here. So let's imagine it's fair enough we need to do something about extreme misogyny.
Speaker 2: But is this the moment to say we're going to list that as a major terror.
Speaker 3: Issue and we're going to start to direct MI I five to focus on you know, disaffected young males who may be angry at girls.
Speaker 2: No, it's completely tough to rag to a bull, isn't it?
Speaker 5: It is?
Speaker 1: It is, And I think once again this is just going to make the English in the UK absolutely ropable, because it's like at a time when, like you have pointed out, a lot of these issues around women's rights are only being brought to the forefront because you have a large percentage of a Muslim population. Now who we know when it comes to Muslims and women's rights. It's a very different world to any Western democracy. And now you're saying this helter skelter, as if it's across the board issue, when really is it? Is it? Like I say, she could not give a single example of what she meant by misogyny, much less extreme misogyny, much less in the younger age category that she's talking about. They already have have an extremist category for in cells, which are basically just I guess, a whole pile of sexually frustrated young men and they're afraid that they're going to do something about it. And like you say, Joe, there has been many instances in the US post shooting where they have found out that these guys who went on rampages were absolutely filled with hatred toward women and were incredibly repressed and had written about.
Speaker 5: It at length, etc. And so on. But at a time like this, when the UK is.
Speaker 1: A boiling smelter of very serious issues, this is what their ministers are coming out with.
Speaker 5: It's laughable.
Speaker 4: Well, just to prove how incredibly fair and balanced and principled I am, it would be worth reminding the UK authorities what the progressive response was to people during the Black Lives Matter movement who said, well, hang on, don't all lives matter? And they absolutely lost their proverbial because how dare you say this at a time when black people are facing the greatest crisis, And there were means all over the internet with someone saying, you know, like you know, my house is burning down, My house is burning down, you know, you know, call the fire brigade, and some smug white person saying, yes, but don't all houses matter.
Speaker 6: Isn't it important to have all houses?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 6: But mine is the one that's burning down. So to your point, again, yes, we.
Speaker 4: Should treat all forms of you know, violence or terrorism or whatever you know as serious, But again, it is the time when you are facing this huge upheaval in social cohesion where you know, in a sense England is burning, do you say, oh yeah, but we better make sure that we also tick all these boxes over here and over here.
Speaker 5: Not all forms of terrorism created equals.
Speaker 4: But again it is amazing how similar the left and the right when they're in these exact same, mirror opposite but otherwise exactly the same situations. And again you have you know, you have, you know, just like you had with Black Lives Matter, saying well, no, don't worry about your lives.
Speaker 6: We're waiting just about the black lives.
Speaker 4: When people are going on about you know, well what about all these crimes by whoever it is, you know, extremist Islam or whatever it might be, say oh, yes, but what about you know, far right nationalism, or what about misogyny? And they do it again and again and again, to the point where a UK labor counselor actually allegedly because I'm sure he's going to deny as well, but was was hauled before the courts and arrested by the cops, charged with inciting violence after it was caught on video saying we need to go to these demos, to these demonstrators, the ones you're talking about.
Speaker 6: And cut their throats.
Speaker 4: Like the guy is literally describing what isis do yeah, and then he's saying, I like and it's about It's like, it's like, I give up.
Speaker 6: You're all the same.
Speaker 2: Well, Joe, speaking of extreme misogyny.
Speaker 3: Yes, a group of women about twenty just stood on the steps of Parliament House in the area and I just wanted to talk about women's rights and what happened.
Speaker 4: This is the most amazing story. I saw it in the OZ on the weekend. Thank god they got a report.
Speaker 6: It down there. It was just absolutely amazing.
Speaker 4: I did my column on it today, but there was okay, so there's sort of Moya redeeming typs. Moira wasn't there because he's still too traumatized from the last time. We'll see what's happening with John Persuerto and the Liberal Party there. But it's kind of like these women's right scrips. There's a new women's rights groups who have shown up and which you're accused of being anti trans groups. They're saying, well, women need their own safe spaces and they shouldn't have to share them with biological males who identify with women.
Speaker 6: Whatever.
Speaker 4: Whatever, I don't even want to get into that whole debate, but what I do think was just absolutely amazing is that you then had these weird as weird if you don't understand they but not the sort of mainstream kind of trans rights people who are trying to get legal changes or recognition, but these nutty, crazy, trotty fringe groups who just protest about absolutely anything. All they're going around and just looking for something to protest. Trans riss now the protest as you are, and so they've rocked up. We've got some images of what they did. They have actually rocked up. And this sign I've called tell me you're a Marxist without telling me you're a Marxist. Here is a guy showing the Palestinian flag at a trans rights rally, and there is a science says fascist graves are gender neutral toilets. They think they're in the Spanish Civil War. These guys are just there at the Palestinian sign.
Speaker 2: What they're doing, I've got to do with it.
Speaker 1: These transgender liberation protesters were literally throwing eggs in at these twenty odd women who had just rocked up to be like, hey, women's rights please, that'd be nice and these guys come at them with eggs and water balloons, chaos ensues.
Speaker 5: What an absolute own goal by the trade.
Speaker 1: There's always these women are simply just like, hey, basic rights for women, yay. And they can't even allow women to just go hate Can we have buronzon that's right, No, we don't hate women, but we're just going to come out literally throw eggs and water balloons at you and not even let you have just a peaceable rally on the steps of Parliament House, which you've got.
Speaker 5: Every right to do. So anyone going, oh, well, you know eating rights and what this is tricky?
Speaker 1: No, you've you've identified yourselves as the bad guys.
Speaker 5: I won't even let women speak.
Speaker 2: And do you think just into Andrews just into Andrews.
Speaker 6: Close enough?
Speaker 5: Wrong? Actually very accurate.
Speaker 3: I think condemnist. I don't know if our producer can do this. But while we were talking, an image was put up on your screen where it had a sign that said queer's bash queers.
Speaker 2: In that site? Should that not be someone charged with incite to violence?
Speaker 6: Well, they're only bashing the a.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Again, these are the mainstream left worst enemies. So the mainstream groups who are trying to get you know, changing.
Speaker 3: Nazi daring to say that women deserve their own provate space. Right, So when these guys rock up, start throwing eggs, start, But that was not condemned.
Speaker 4: But they are the same thing as what happened to so more redeeming was condemned the Nazi because the similar group, if not the same group that she was at, had their protest gate crashed by a bunch of arguably neo Nazis or far right supremacists. And so just because these guys started showing up and said, hey, we're on your side, she gets called a Nazi.
Speaker 6: And this is exact same thing that this is exact same thing on the left.
Speaker 2: What do the government say about them?
Speaker 4: They are horrible, horrible people. They are terrible and they're making the government's life an absolute misery. The good news is that they are also destroying the Greens, because the Victorian Greens are now being absolutely torn apart by this, because of course they've got a lot of you know, pretty hardcore, you know, radical feminists, and they've got this whole just trans rights at any cost. Like again, it is just the new obsession of the left. This is their new frontier, and it is tearing the Greens Apartner's this massive internal war that's happening.
Speaker 6: People are quitting.
Speaker 4: So if there's any good to come of it, it's that they may all destroy themselves.
Speaker 3: Just before we go to a break, Liz. In the United States, there's some movement on the trans issues. Tell us about that, just quick.
Speaker 5: Yes, there is.
Speaker 1: So the Supreme Court, the Biden administration was trying to get the mission to widen trans rights, particularly in schools and elsewhere, which would mean that if you identify as a gender different to that which you were born with, you would have the right to go into whatever bathroom you wanted, whatever are the women's spaces that you wanted.
Speaker 5: And the Supreme Court has struck that down. So it is a win for common sense.
Speaker 1: It is temporary because we know the administration is going to come back with another goal at this, but the Supreme.
Speaker 5: Court has ruled for now this stays where it is.
Speaker 1: So this is the prevented the enforcement of provisions that would allow transgender students to use restrooms, et cetera.
Speaker 5: And so on.
Speaker 1: So right now the school kids can say no, no, you are not actually a female. Therefore you can't come into the girls only because.
Speaker 3: The Trump appointed Supreme Court. Indeed, no to the radical Biden.
Speaker 5: They have the majority at the moment.
Speaker 4: But even if that does happens, you know who still wouldn't be able to use the toilets is that Joe fascists because gender neutral toilets are fascist graves.
Speaker 2: We're going to go to a break.
Speaker 3: When we come back, we'll look at what's making news in tomorrow's papers. That's in just a moment, all right, Let's take a look at what's happening in the papers tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Joe, you've got the career mail.
Speaker 4: I do, indeed, And on the front page of the courly Mail, two hundred and fifty kids are learning at home as parents blame abuse bullied out of school, says the headline. Homeschooling enrollments have hit a record high in Queensland as parents desperate to protect their children from bullying abandon traditional education. Quick word to the wise, homeschooling your kids is probably not going to insulate them from further bullying.
Speaker 2: That is not true.
Speaker 5: That is not true.
Speaker 1: This has now made me a fan of bullies in school, because if it gets kids out of the cesspools of indoctrination that is.
Speaker 5: Currently the state school system. Then good on you.
Speaker 1: I was homeschooled for three years. It was the best three years ever. I absolutely loved it.
Speaker 8: All the fearmongering about oh, they won't be socialized, Yes we were. It was absolutely I absolutely loved it, and I highly recommend it. The only downside is parents, if you then decide to send your kids back to.
Speaker 5: A normal school.
Speaker 1: I know what to do with this because we were all leagues ahead of all the other kids in our age groups.
Speaker 5: So they were like, what do we do with these mutants who are way.
Speaker 1: Smarter than all the state schooled kids who have just been slurping up the indoctrination spot for years on EDG?
Speaker 6: What do we do with these non cultural Marxists.
Speaker 5: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 4: I was actually home myself as well, so I think about six months or something, my mum pulled me out of grade prep, which is KINDI in Victoria, Okay, sent me back in grade one yea, because apparently I was just walking around in circles.
Speaker 6: On my own, which pretty much still that's.
Speaker 2: Just changed at all.
Speaker 6: Still what I'm doing.
Speaker 3: So do you think homeschooling has been made more prepler by the fact that so many people since COVID have realized they can work from home.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think, I think there's a bit of that, But all the data and people are seeing it now and educators across the border starting to warn about it. Now, all the data shows that in fact, all that you know, homeschooling or teachers don't like that.
Speaker 6: But you know, like the remote learning or.
Speaker 4: Whatever has been absolutely devastating for kids. It's been devastating for learning developments.
Speaker 1: Devastating.
Speaker 5: That wasn't homeschooling.
Speaker 6: No, no, that's what I said, remote learning. I know I used the right pie right terminology or.
Speaker 1: Get some pieces like long distance homeschooling is comprosed.
Speaker 4: But as someone who did actually get homeschooled by crazy hippy parents who never cut my hair, didn't help.
Speaker 5: It turned out.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go to the front hair nearly six months let's.
Speaker 3: Go to the front page of the Adelaide Advertiser. The headline reads, all kids to learn value of civics South Australia.
Speaker 6: That's why they're running away from school pollution. I want to go to homeschool.
Speaker 3: Isn't this the state that completely ignored the referendum by introducing a state based treaty after everyone had.
Speaker 2: Voted no never to state the voice democracy. Let me start again.
Speaker 3: South Australian high school students will learn how democracy works under a eighteen four million dollar plan to decrease go to apathy and tackle the effects of disinformation. Look the risk here, of course, Liz, is that do you really trust people who belong to the teachers' union to teach your.
Speaker 2: Children about democracy.
Speaker 3: The one good thing I'll say about what I've read of this new curriculum is that students will have to read George Orwell's nineteen eighty four.
Speaker 2: It can't all be bad. And I'm to the list and I would be in support.
Speaker 5: I'm in I mean, isn't this incredible? I mean most people reading this will.
Speaker 1: Be like, when did you stop teaching civics for crying out loud? This is part of the breakdown in kids just being sucked into cultural Marxism because they're not taught about the wonder of democracy.
Speaker 5: It ain't perfect, but it's the best model we got.
Speaker 1: And if you think Venezuela has it better, kids, let's do a study on them still eating dogs in the streets. I mean, this is should never have been dropped from the curriculum, and now we're spending eighteen point four million dollars to reintroduce it back in so that kids can have an understanding of Western democracies are actually banging.
Speaker 5: I want to live in one of these.
Speaker 3: Significant portion of the eighteenth point four million dollars is to get teachers educated in there.
Speaker 4: I was going to say, very you mentioned George Orwell, self described socialist right of nine eighty four, you know, champion of freedom of speech, enemy of big brother, also a misogynist. There's been a lot of reviewing of George Orwell's relationship with women, and he didn't approve of feminism when he was in social So he's going to be reported to.
Speaker 6: Me regarding he's going to be.
Speaker 3: And not everything all well since before we leave, Before we leave the Adelaide Advertiser, there was a massive football game on at the weekend between the Port Power and the Port and the Adelaide Crows. But the front page has got a big photo as you can see if the Port Power mascot. The headline reads thunderstruck the person inside Port Adelaide's AFL mascot Thunder was left with a bloody nose after being punched by a minor during Saturday's spiteful showdown at Adelaide Oval. Now I believe it was a teenager who prior to the game, it was a crow supporter punched the mascot in the face.
Speaker 2: Government blood knows.
Speaker 3: Sometimes, Joe, you forget there's actually a person inside the costume.
Speaker 4: There's a person inside the furry, a person feeling him in the faith.
Speaker 2: A rival supporter on the other team.
Speaker 5: Leave the mascots.
Speaker 4: A lot of was portlow page job as it is was Port Adelaide's and not entirely on it.
Speaker 1: To the front page of the Canberra Times in one of my all time favorite topics, we are talking about pfasts forever chemicals.
Speaker 5: You're slowly being poisoned on a daily basis.
Speaker 1: Household plastics pose ninety five percent chance of health risks. Tell us more drinks, cans, food containers, even as cyclist's shorts. These everyday items made from different plastics carry a ninety five percent chance of seriously harming human health, a world first study has found.
Speaker 5: So it goes on to talk.
Speaker 1: About the fact that the study revealed evidence none of the products made from five classes of chemicals could be considered safe. The guy who heads up the plastic and Human health at the Mindaroo Foundation says our ability to reproduce endometriosis, miscarriages and polycystic ovarian syndrome in willem women rather as well as impacts on sperm concentration and DNA damage at birth. He's saying in children, we see loss of IQ points as well as high blood pressure, obesity.
Speaker 5: The list wears long.
Speaker 1: There is a reason why the st you can look this up, spend over two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on the health effects associated with this consistent people in taking these microplastics on a daily basis. So on a daily basis people might be like, oh, this is just fear mongering, I feel fine, et cetera, and so on.
Speaker 5: It is building up in your system.
Speaker 1: They're called forever chemicals because they don't break down in the environment and they do not break down in your bodies.
Speaker 5: It's making us sick.
Speaker 1: And does the government do anything to crack down on all the companies using these chemicals in our everyday products?
Speaker 5: No, No, they don't.
Speaker 3: It's a shocking report. If you can get a copy of the Camera Times tomorrow. It's worth reading very quickly, Joe. Yes, the Daily Telegraph, the South Wales Liberals.
Speaker 6: Then New South Wales Liberals. They're just a mess.
Speaker 4: They're gone, They're terrible. I don't need the Daily Telegraph to tell me that, but I got it anyway. Yes, Captain Speakman in a titanic struggle. That is, of course Mark Speakman, the lead of the Liberal opposition in New South Wales. Sinking feeling reads the headline, and Liberal MPs have launched into Mark Speakman claim the opposition leader was warn the party was heading for an iceberg over the disastrous local government election ballots. I don't know what happens when an iceberg hits a bonfire, but it is going to.
Speaker 2: Be seeing it happen.
Speaker 5: We're about to find out.
Speaker 2: We're going to go to a break when we come back.
Speaker 3: Well, when we come back, what do we talk about when we come back, Liz, we are talking about a guy who was not unconscious when he got hit by it in the face by a whale's in.
Speaker 5: Just a moment, Well watchers beware.
Speaker 2: Welcome back will.
Speaker 3: The US presidential election continues to amuse Liz Donald Trump's latest.
Speaker 2: Ad is pretty good.
Speaker 5: I love it. How do you like this for our fundraising spiel?
Speaker 1: Now it is reported that his campaign already has way more money than the Harris campaign.
Speaker 5: Hold onto your hats.
Speaker 1: Not sure how long that will last, given Harris is still in her honeymoon period. But get this him asking Americans for a dollar.
Speaker 5: Or is he?
Speaker 6: Hello? Everyone? I only want you to donate to my campaign if you can afford to.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately most of you can't afford to, because Joe Biden is a disaster. Sure be effective, He's like, of course you can't afford to, But you know, Morale's support is.
Speaker 2: Just as important. Brilliant commercial. I love it. Ten seconds.
Speaker 6: I'm really going to miss that guy. Now.
Speaker 4: This next story is just absolutely amazing. I can't claimb any credit for breaking it, can't even claim any credit for finding it. Someone else did, but I just stole it because it's that good. A fisherman has been knocked unconscious after he was slapped across the face by a whales tail. Yes, it's a whale of a tale about a tale of a whale.
Speaker 6: It's just amazing.
Speaker 4: The incident just before nine am on Sunday, about one kilometer out from the Tweed Heads Bar. Queensland Ambulance Service Senior paramedic Scott Brown described the encounter as and I think Scott should be admired for his understatement.
Speaker 6: He has quote extremely rare. Is you have a little little bit of disbelief that has happened?
Speaker 2: At first?
Speaker 6: Mister Brown said, yeah, how do you think the fisherman felt? Anyway?
Speaker 4: Tragically? There was no actual footage of the incident. I can't believe this because, of course, if your mate is being whacked in the face by a Wales towler, the first thing you've got to do is reach your iPhone and always use landscape so we can show it on television. But we have managed to get a dramatic re enactment of the event.
Speaker 6: Have a look same mind too. That's what he's doing.
Speaker 2: That is the proba.
Speaker 4: That is the popular new sporting pastime power slaps.
Speaker 2: And there you go.
Speaker 3: Just exercise extreme caution when fishing off the coast of Queensland.
Speaker 2: That's it from us. Stick around Coming up is the reader Penehy show.
Speaker 7: Mm hmmmm.