Speaker 1: It's outside, Good morning, and welcome to Outsiders. The show that is to anti Semitism on steroids and woke identity politics had their most patronizing and insufferable. What the British so called comedian Dawn French is to empathy and human decency? Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Complicated, no, but nuanced But you know, bottom line is no, yeah, but you know I did a bad thing to ask.
Speaker 3: Me, Yeah, but no.
Speaker 4: Yes, that is a Dawn French, famous for playing the role of the Vicar of Dibley. But what on earth is she talking about in that silly whining voice. Is she dismissing the atrocities and hostage taking of October seven as simply as a bad thing? It would appear so.
Speaker 5: No Ah, Yes, such empathy, such compassion for Israel and Jewish people from a woman who is a prominent British celebrity.
Speaker 6: These people know, even people believe me.
Speaker 7: No, no, Dawn, no to you.
Speaker 1: Dawn French has now apologized for the mockery there of Israel and the Jews. Not before time that she's apologized. But such casual anti Semitism is now endemic, as we shall discuss as we grab.
Speaker 7: The latest Outsiders News.
Speaker 1: Well, James and Rita heilll Fold has been blocked from coming here to Australia. We're going to talk about that disgrace, but first let's get to Elon Musk and Donald Trump.
Speaker 7: The show goes on.
Speaker 1: It couldn't get any funnier, any crazy a Eta.
Speaker 4: Oh, it has been seriously entertaining. I've got to say I could not tear myself away from x Elon's platform ironically, because he has made a massive miscalculation here. I think I don't know what he was on. It's been speculated perhaps something Kennymine tweets mate have been but the Kennymine has worn off and he has been going back and doing something he never does, which is deleting certain tweets during that exchange, possibly the most shocking and the biggest misstep was to say that Trump should be grateful to him. He may be the most well maybe the world's richest man, he's not the world's most powerful man, and that's what he's got to realize, and he has, I think, James.
Speaker 7: But worse was the Epstein thing. For me, Well that was almost in a minute.
Speaker 5: But I mean that's nobody, nobody, nobody, takes that seriously, because, first of all, let's think about this. I mean, Donald Trump is a guy who the left tried to put in prison, take his businesses, take off the ballot, do every single thing they could do to him, and yet somehow they just knew somewhere that he was floating around in the Epstein files and they never left that truck. Come on, let's put that all on one side, the really important thing.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, that's because there are fools who do believe this Epstein line. Now because Elon has said it, you are one hundred percent right. Of course, if he was anywhere in the files, we would all know about it before the election. But also he was one of the very first ostracize very Epstein back in two thousand and eight before he was.
Speaker 8: You know, why do you know why he banned.
Speaker 4: Him from mar A Lago after he was in a pro create with a teenager there. That was before his prostitution conviction. So he was amongst the very first, if not the first, in that elite world.
Speaker 5: Webstein was hitting on the daughter of a varral Lago member and Trump booted him out of the club and said, you're not welcome here. So we put that entirely trust. But you know, the key thing everybody has to reverence. Yeah, for all the entertaining, it's really been a lot of fun watching this whole thing blow up, the big bromance, the big divorce, Mommy and daddy are fighting again. But here's the thing, Like this all really exposed a really big split within the Republican Party because you've got that kind of tech libertarian side and you've got the Trump side, which is actually much more politically realistic because you know, the big issue was this big, beautiful bill that Donald Trump is pushing through, which is basically secure as the tax cuts that he put into place in his first term of office. Gets a lot of spending custs, but not as much as they need, but they get some. So it's a real part the out of the possible bill. Musk just decided to have this huge tantrum and there is no other word for it. And you know, here's the crazy thing though, as you say, Rita, Musk mistook money for power. Trump understands power more than anybody else. The reason why the left hates him is that, unlike most people on the right, he really does understand the nature of power.
Speaker 8: And he mustle thought.
Speaker 5: Musk thought that he'd had was on this huge winner and all the Libertarians and everybody like that, we're gonna come out and say, yeah, yeah, yeah, we don't want the big beautiful bill. We want this sort of big extreme bill which doesn't even exist. When you know, and you know what happened. The Hill Newspaper, which like the trade paper for Capitol Hill, they called over a dozen Congressional offices, from senior leaders to backbenches, and they said they'd gotten maybe between all of them, one or two calls from Musk people saying hey, you know, go against the big beautiful bill. So Musk wildly overplayed his head. Why he did what he was on at the time, I don't know. But there's all this other crazy stuff too. You know, there are stories now coming out. Yeah, Steve Benner the other day saying that Elon Musk got into a punch up with Scott Besant, the Treasury secretary in the West wing.
Speaker 8: This is how nuts things have gotten of it.
Speaker 7: But the other thing, the other thing is myssed. Sorry.
Speaker 1: The other thing that dismissed is there has been an inherent tension all the way along, and let's not forget that Elon Musk is the man behind Tesla, the man behind the EV's, the EV mandates, the whole climate change push and the future of you know, electric cars and so on, and it's gone very well and made a fortune out of it.
Speaker 7: The left idolized him. There was always a tension with Trump.
Speaker 1: They got together, they worked together for the election, but it had to blow up at some point because at some point Donald Trump was going to say we can't keep having these subsidies and so on for Tesla and for net zero, and that's that was a key sorry, it was a key part of it. According to Elon Musk. The EV mandates going was one of the key things. He blew up about, saying that I have the subsidies, not getting said that.
Speaker 8: Because Moscoe was said back in twenty twenty one he said.
Speaker 9: We don't need the Well did say that, but he blew up about it.
Speaker 4: That was I think it was more to do with the overall direction and also to do with a NASA appointment, which yes, which Elon Musk was very committed to, but it was someone who had donated to the Democrats back in twenty twenty one, or a Democrat aligned packed and the Trump folks were not comfortable with that appointment, so he was vetoed and that seemed to also be a bit of a trigger for him. Yes, you're right, it was predictable. You've got a hugely powerful out for males in the same space. But this is where elonjusts and I think he's realized very quickly the mistake he's made because he has been back.
Speaker 7: This will all blow over.
Speaker 1: This will be nothing getting all excited, but it will blow over and there'll be buddies again within no time.
Speaker 5: Can I just see though that there's really I got to keep coming back though to this real philosophical people tram because I'm not just pragnantism rous ideology. It's nationalism versus libertarianism. One of the big things that the Big Beautiful Bill does is secure a lot more funding for the border, the border and immigration. We're talking about that later the show too. What's going on in Los Angeles right now. It's really really shocking. But you know, this is this is something that the Trump people, the MAGA people, deeply, deeply care about, and they're like saying, well, muscles, like, oh, we can budget balance the budget, but if you don't have border control, you don't have border enforcement, then you don't have a nation, and there's no point. And that is the real split between kind of the tech pro libertarians, the Musk camp on the one hand, and the Trump Baga camp on the other.
Speaker 8: People agree camp is completely wining wrong.
Speaker 1: But the real argument is about what what's eline Musk is really upset about is that the cuts aunt being made. He's put in all this work under doge to find all the successive money that is being wasted that the government is hanging out. He's cut a lass. He's saying, look this money. He's saying, there's so much more here we could be cutting. And Trump is going now with politically, we can't do that. I want to get my bill through which does those cuts. And that's it, And that is what the fault line.
Speaker 7: Is over the economy.
Speaker 1: It's whether we go the full lot, go for the ideal of what we should be cutting, which Musk is correct, or we do what politics is the art of the possible, or we do what can be achieved, which is what Trump is saying. And the tragedy here is that both are one hundred percent correct, but both are correct that both their positions are correct, but the reality is in politics, you've got to take what you can get that.
Speaker 5: Numbers, because here's the thing. The bill that that Trump is pushing through just needs fifty votes of the Senate, you know, and they can get that through. They've got those, got that. But if you go with some new piece of leanslation, they need sixty.
Speaker 8: They don't have it.
Speaker 7: So we'd see a world recession if they don't get the bills.
Speaker 4: Fantastic developments out of this, including the Democrats now wanting the Epstein files released. So that's fantastical.
Speaker 8: So careful what you wish exactly.
Speaker 7: Let's take a quick listening to Donald Trump talking about this and what are you going to do about the Tesla?
Speaker 10: You're gonna keep it or are you're gonna haven't?
Speaker 7: I mean, I hope he does well with yesh.
Speaker 11: Do you have any plans to speak with mister must this was one of your closest advisors.
Speaker 10: No, I don't have any plan. I'm not even thinking about that.
Speaker 1: There apparent And let's have a listened to JD. Van's his vice president.
Speaker 3: But the main purpose of the bill is not actually spending or cutting spending, though it does cut a lot of spending. The main purpose of the bill is to prevent the biggest tax increase. But I understand like it's a good bill, it's not a perfect bill. Like the process in DC. If you're a business leader, you probably get frustrated with that process because it's more you know, bureaucratic, it's more slow moving. So I think there's just some frustrations there. But I I really, man, I think it's a huge mistake for him to go after the president like that. And I think that if he and the President are in some blood feud, most importantly, it's going to be bad for the country. But I think it's going to be I don't think it's gonna be good for Eelon either.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right there. And I think that's part of the reason why Elon has backtrack, not only because he was just completely out of order, but he is seen that no, this MAGA movement isn't splitting down the movement and half going with him. It's ninety percent Trump and yet that little section that is the libertarian free market types. And you know, they had that conflict a few months back when the skilled visa issue king and that one again was where the Trump base was We're not sure this is good for America. We're not sure this is an America first position, and Elon was very strong and Trump did back him on that one, though you wondered where he really stood on that position.
Speaker 8: And that was also a Gromaslami blew up so spectacular exactly.
Speaker 7: Now let's talk about Hillel Fold.
Speaker 1: So Hillel Fold was invited to Australia by basically the Israeli version of the Red.
Speaker 7: Cross invited him to speak.
Speaker 1: He's a well known speaker, he was here a few years ago. He mainly speaks about kind of startup nation technology stuff. But Tony Burke has canceled his visa. This guy is an American citizen as well as an Israeli citizen.
Speaker 7: He is.
Speaker 1: There is nothing that you can say that there is necessarily there are no proper grounds whatsoever for canceling his visa. This is a disgusting approach by this labor government, which seems to just hate Israel, hate anything to do with Israel, can't stand the fact that a person.
Speaker 7: Is coming to Australia to make.
Speaker 1: A speech who's a prominent Israeli They canceled in Israeli politician last year. I would hope that if alberiz he does get in front of Donald Trump and JD. Vans, that they read the Riot Act to Anthony Alberanizi and Penny Wong about what is happening in this country. To block someone like Hillel Fold coming into this country to make a speech is disgraceful. We are letting in three thousand Gazans and they all being vested for their social media comments.
Speaker 7: I doubt it.
Speaker 1: We're letting in a million people from around the world, and yet we're blocking a couple of this guy, a Jewish guy. He's coming in to make a speech about Jewish entrepreneurship.
Speaker 4: Relatively, he's a threat to the health, safety, or good order of Australians. I would like that to be explained further. Exactly how is this.
Speaker 5: Exactly this is if you look at the decision that Tony Burke has headed down here.
Speaker 8: And by the way, this is really sinister.
Speaker 5: It is because this doesn't just today the issue is Israel and Gaza and the Palestinians in Islam. Tomorrow it could be something else, you know, among the things that they said as well, oh you know, he basically didn't agree with the official Gaza Harbaus narrative.
Speaker 8: That's a long things.
Speaker 5: Palestinian activist groups have been in Tony Brook's ear about this, urging him to cancel this visa. So basically, Tony Burke is giving Palestinian activists a veto over who comes into and out of this country. This is absolutely unacceptable. What we can't hear other people's views because they might wind up causing some sort of hate in the community. That's not what this is about. This is about a small group of activists, Palestinian actists, trying to determine what the visa policy is to this country, what the free speech policy is in this country, and it's free speech.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 5: A few months ago chrispian Is, the premiere of New South Wales, he said something really sinister. He said, we don't have First Amendment American style free speech in this country because of multi culturalism. The admission there is that if you're going to have multiculturalism, no, no, we're not getting along together. We now have to all watch what we say to keep us from going out at hammer and tongs. This is really interest because what you know, tomorrow you could have a Chinese dissident who wants to come in and speak, and you could have Chinese nationalists here saying that's really not all that will encourage, you know, hatred towards the Chinese Committee or any other group that's involved in the dispute overseas. This is what the aveneazy government is doing. They are saying, you know, well, one side they say, oh, we don't want people to bring their disputes here. That is exactly what they're doing. Other people decide what we do.
Speaker 4: Anders decide again of Islamophobia. So the fear is if he comes here, there'll be trouble. Not trouble from members of the Jewish community of people who are going along to hear him speak, trouble from people opposed to him being here. So the people who are cannot regulate themselves, who are going to be violent, who are going to be disruptive and perhaps break the law trying to stop this man speaking, they're the one who are having this.
Speaker 7: Let's let not forget.
Speaker 1: He little fold is here to raise money for a hospital.
Speaker 7: Okay, so that's what he's here to do, hospital exactly.
Speaker 1: Now, James is absolutely right, this is a free speech issue. This is the labor government of Australia basically saying if you're in our side. You know, if you think like us, we'll let you into the country. If you don't think like us, you're not coming into the country.
Speaker 7: This is orwelling and it is up.
Speaker 1: To seriously the only people who can put a halt to this, apart from Australians getting very angry with their local MPs on the phone or writing to them or whatever to express they're dissatisfaction that this.
Speaker 7: Has to stop.
Speaker 1: This is this is at political activism. This is censorship with the worst kind.
Speaker 7: But jd.
Speaker 1: Vance has repeatedly said, and Trump has repeatedly said, they will not do business with a nation that restricts free speech. This is Australia restricting free speech and the alban Ezy government putting a threat our relationships with our most important not only the trading partner, but military alliance.
Speaker 7: So the Albanezy government is actually.
Speaker 1: Threatening the safety of this nation through these sorts of actions. Because the Trump administration we perfectly within their rights to say no, you win, go to work with you if you're going to carry on like.
Speaker 5: This and rowan you know, I hope that the President does hear about this before it's the G seven meeting this week, because this would be a great thing for the President to take the Prime Minister to task over. And it's so funny to me, guys, because earlier this week we had last week we had the Albanezy government, the Prime Minister himself saying, oh, other people won't tell us how much we should spend on defense. We will do this according to Australian values, in the Australian way, that whole tedious thing that they.
Speaker 8: Now call progressive patriotism.
Speaker 5: Please spare me now we've got you know, defense policy. Oh well, you know, we're gonna stand up to somebody telling us what to do. And with the Australian government was like, but when it comes to Hillo fold coming in, somebody is going to say things that some of their backers don't like, some Palestine activists don't like, some anti Zionist activists don't like. Oh well, yes, okay, Soljza, Oh yes, yes, okay, sure we'll do that right away. We'll get that Tony get the letter.
Speaker 4: Berg is in the wrong portfolio. He should not be in that portfolio, just given the makeup of his seat and the activist groups that have his ear. He is entirely in the wrong portfolio, and I think these sort of problems are going to continue as long as he's that minister.
Speaker 7: So what I want to see is Donald Trump and JD.
Speaker 1: Van So. I want to see Albow sitting in the White House and I want Donald Trump to say, no, We're just going to turn down the lights.
Speaker 7: Have a little slide show, Albat. Please explain hill l filed to us.
Speaker 1: Please explain your decisions on censorship of the Internet.
Speaker 7: Please explain these.
Speaker 9: Decisions, because seriously, Australia is out of control, absolutely out of control, Tony Burke, as you said, read wrong portfolio, absolutely disgraceful, that political activism and political interference in free speech absolutely unacceptable.
Speaker 4: And the Prime Minister has been talking tough this week about no one will dictate to us how we spend on defense, because there has been pressure from the US for Australia lifted its defense spending as a percentage, which we need to do. A lot of experts in that area saying exactly the same thing. Where was this tough talk from the Prime minister when Chinese warships were live fire exercise exactly a few hund.
Speaker 5: We determined who circumnavigated circumstances on which they did.
Speaker 1: So now last week we'll claim this is a scalp but victory for outsiders and we're happy to take it, and particularly you, the outsiders who responded to our core last week to express your dissatisfaction to Nike with the ambassadorship of the Grace Tame, the Australian of the Year from some years ago, who had been putting out some pretty vile hatred of Jews type stuff online.
Speaker 7: Nike have now stood her down.
Speaker 1: She was basically retweeting what other people had said, which was not terribly sympathetic to Jews or to Israel. She's now been dumped from that role.
Speaker 4: In putting it lightly, that's rather putting it lightly.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It is interesting because Nike is typically very left, very woke. It's advertising and its messaging has been that way for many years. They've copped a lot of criticism for, you know, the way they operate their business, some of the wages they perhaps pay these third world countries compared to their right on activism in the West. So for them to make this decision is no small thing because this is pretty much in line with their company motto. But I think she just went too fast. Some of the stuff she was sharing was just so out there that even Nike is like, whoa, We've got to back away from it.
Speaker 1: But this makes the point James, that you know, everyday Australians can make a difference. If you get on the blower, if you write those letters, if you express your disapproval to this sort of insane, woke left wing ideaology, the marketing department will sit up and take notice. And we made a big thing about this last week and the marketing department at Nike certainly took up, took notice.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: Now we've got also talking about political activism. We've got Marine Ferruki wandering around London. She's the Greens, heavy pro palest Indian Greens, turning up a demonstrations outside Westminster. I don't know what the responsibilities for a MP should be, but here she is in London.
Speaker 7: Have a lot what is going on?
Speaker 12: Okay, guys, here we are surrounding the Parliament with the red line off redlining Parliament.
Speaker 13: The whole length of Parliament half a kN a meter long.
Speaker 14: Is here and you can see we've got some special guests here at Chending with us.
Speaker 1: It goes all the way around half we up, half we up west Ridge the bridge.
Speaker 8: What is what?
Speaker 7: She then did an interview with some local media.
Speaker 1: They're accusing Israel and ethnic cleansing and carrying on.
Speaker 7: What is what? First of all, what did the poor old poems do to deserve? Marine Ferruki on that. You're welcome to.
Speaker 4: Her, We'll take harry as, we'll do some sort of a trade. One is she on annual leaveing? No, I'm sure she's got other things she could be doing in a And also what is an Australian senator doing engaging in that sort of activism in the UK. They're not enough pro Palestinian rallies for her to attend here that she has to go over there.
Speaker 5: Frankly, I'm happy for her to go. I hope she offset her miles because of course it would have helped kill the plant all the way to London. But you know this is also by the way, it's like it just shows that they have learned nothing, They've forgotten nothing. You know, the Greens took an absolute shellacking at the last election. They really just fell apart, and you know this are the nonsense is exactly why. Because the Greens started out as a sort of middle class environmental conservationist party under Bob Brown, it is now so far radically and I use that word in every sense of the word, removed from what it was originally about, which was like saving cute furry things and you know, trees, and yes, some of their stuff was annoying, but you know it was never anything sort of sinister to this sort of thing, which is you know, adjacent to let's just say, an awful lot of bad stuff.
Speaker 4: And we actually need a proper Greens party now because we are seeing devastation of the countryside and we are seeing.
Speaker 7: Yes, protect us from milions, so exactly.
Speaker 4: These bloody, disgusting, ugly soular farms and wind wind farms, and there's really no political party that is taking a stand against that. And now as so many people in the cities and certainly in regional areas who are concerned about that at the natural vironment and there's no one to represent them.
Speaker 5: Well, it's interesting because the NETS are going to have their conference next weekend, the New South Wales NETS, and we're going to find out how they're going to wind up going when it comes to net zero out of that. So that's going to be interesting that out there will wind up putting some pressure within the coalition. The newly reformed Mommy.
Speaker 8: And Daddy are back together coalition.
Speaker 4: So you know what, the Nationals could emerge as the key in real environmentalist party in this country because they care about regional areas and they know people who live out in the bush are devastated to see what's happening to the Australian countryside, seeing what's happening to the bush, to the wildlife, and they could be the leading voice.
Speaker 5: And have a conservation to streaking them, you know, not a raditude registry. But it's a beautiful country, beautiful landscapes, unique animals and farmland, farmland, farmland from land. Every time you put one of these huge transmission towers, you're taking away farmland. Every time farmland gets sold to some group from China or wherever to smack solar panels all over it, that land gone wills.
Speaker 8: Same thing.
Speaker 1: Now, before we go to a break, just want to talk touch briefly on the unrealized capital gains tax. This is the phantom tax on superannuation. This is a profit that you don't actually have. This is the worst of labor, This is thievery, theft. Meanwhile, the Australian economy is going down the gurglar.
Speaker 7: As we know.
Speaker 1: This bloke Charmers is completely useless. He wants to steal your superannuation. He wants to steal your money.
Speaker 7: That's the labor approach, that's the Marxist approach.
Speaker 1: Just take money and keep on taking money while the economy suffers. Now, James and Rita mentioned the NATS conference the NATS must not only oppose net zero if they want to have any hope of returning the coalition to government, but they must also oppose this unrealized capital gains in any concept of unrealized capital gains taxes in the future, that's the way for the Opposition to get back into government because people are not going to put up with this hardcore left wing rubbish. So the NATS need to oppose that zero and oppose and promise to repeal. More importantly, the capital unrealized capital gains tax retail.
Speaker 4: It is a grossly unfair tax. It is absolutely will be disastrous for investment, and the Greens back at one hundred percent. In fact, the Greens wanted to be broader. They wanted to start a two million and no doubt that will want it to extend eventually to other asset classes. Principle that's it apply to real estate.
Speaker 5: You know, this is the thing and most people don't have three million dollars in their super so you know, Labor is very candily trying to set this up, just like they did when they went back on the stage three tax commitment as it being about you know, a small group of people that you know, say the top end of town and where you know, that's an ansense because that top end gets really big. If you look at the way, without having indexed our tax brackets, you know, our top tax bra I should kick in about twice as high as it is now because it's not index the same thing's going to happen here. It's going to capture everybody eventually.
Speaker 8: The real product of Labor sees.
Speaker 5: Here is that people have gone out and they set of self betterged super funds and they haven't put their money through union super funds back which then have a financial relationship with Labor.
Speaker 8: That's what it's all about.
Speaker 5: It's but try to bring back that control of super under the great labor umbrella.
Speaker 4: The industry is super funds are responsible for so much that is wrong in this country. We really we need to do a dip and they.
Speaker 1: Then funnel that money, your your money into dream Energy. We're going to take a short we'll get back to it short break.
Speaker 7: After the break. We if we only checked.
Speaker 1: Plus lot's my here with James and res around Rowan when Outsiders.
Speaker 4: You're watching Outsiders with your host Rowan, Ivy League Dean, James Ancient eight Morrow and I'm Rita Panahy And soon we'll be discussing the latest batch of celebrities to embarrass themselves with their ill advised political activism. But first to academia. No university has trashed its own reputation more than Harvard. Yes, the self inflicted damage has been profound. The racist DEI inspired admission policies, where white and Asian students are discriminated against, was bad enough, but in the past twenty months we've seen an explosion of anti Semitism, with the university becoming a hotbed of hate and hostility. The lunacy started early on October seven, as the biggest massacre of Jews since the Holocaust was underway. More than thirty Harvard University student organizations signed a letter claiming the Israeli regime was entirely responsible for all unfolding violence, and the derangement at Harvard continues unabatea. Just have a look at who Harvard chose to speak at a recent graduations and money.
Speaker 13: There are no safe zones left in razza after six hundred days and seventy seven years of genocide. I center these students with urgent desperation because time is running out. No meaningful aid has entered Razzia since March second, and this is on our account. I center Palestine today not just because of its scale of atrocity, but because of our complicity in it. Together, we must refuse to be ruled by the tyrants of our time, because our liberations are intertwined.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, Harvard students, zarah a mom climbing. Israel has been committing genocide for seventy seven years. They must not be very good at it because the Palestinian population has increased tenfold since nineteen forty eight. But the Harvard derangement isn't just centered around Israel and Palestine. Look at who Havard chose to give the commencement speech this year Chinese national, a student whose family has ties to the CCP.
Speaker 15: In the end, we do not raise by approving each other wrong. We raise by refusing to let one another goal.
Speaker 4: Yes, and it appears that not only do her family have CCP links, but the student herself, Luana Jing, worked for a Chinese Communist Party entity with extensive ties to Beijing's military and intelligence networks. But the leftist media in the US love the speech and have been eager to boost Jiang. What you're being interviewed here and take note of what is happening behind her as she preaches about humanity and connection to your fellow.
Speaker 16: Man, and I have to put into one sentence it will be humanity risers.
Speaker 4: And false as one.
Speaker 16: I think we are living in a very difficult time, a lot of divisions in terms of no ideas, identities, and I think this is a time where we can use a little bit more moral imagination and imagine ourselves being connected with one another, connection to.
Speaker 6: Her fellow man.
Speaker 4: She's not even connected to the dudes punching on a few meters behind her. You know, the derangement at Harvard won't end anytime soon, not even with the Trump administration declaring war on the institution. Well, it's not having much impact yet. Harvard will long be an institution where radical leftist group think rules supreme. You know, perhaps it would help if instead of anti Israeli, pro Beijing activists ruling the student body and the faculties, we had someone like this Gal.
Speaker 6: Eveny Chapstick.
Speaker 17: Yeah herepply really egal right for health there, black lives there, that's right.
Speaker 7: That's great. Reader.
Speaker 1: Well, joining us now is Myron Central Nathan from the UK, former UK reform candidates.
Speaker 7: Lots to talk about.
Speaker 8: Myron.
Speaker 1: Always great to see you, thanks for staying up late and chatting to us. I wanted to first talk about this banning the Burker in Britain. So this Reform UK has called for a ban on the burker, but there seems to be some confusion around whether this is policy or one MP fill us in.
Speaker 18: Myron, Well, I think one of our MPs stood up and as our first question asked about whether we should ban the Burke and be in alignment with other numerous other European countries as well, and I think he wanted to kind of put the cat amongst the pigeons as start the discussion on the burker, which he actually has. I mean, Muslims will say that the burker is a sign of you know, piety and modesty, and people make the argument that the States shouldn't actually intervene in telling.
Speaker 10: Women what to wear or what not to wear.
Speaker 18: But the argument against that the Nigel Farage has made is that it's potentially a security threat. But I would even add to that that the main issue is the cultural situation, the integration. I mean part of Western society communication is built on face to face communication and the burka is quite literally an anti integration attire. And I think when you live in a country that is actually becoming increasingly fractured after mass migration, we need to do whatever we can to remove any barriers for integration, and we need the state to intervene and actually safeguard British culture because we're to ushering in the age of commonality, not actually and actually leave behind the age of diversity.
Speaker 10: And I think that's what this is really about.
Speaker 18: And if we don't have the strength to actually ban the burker, I worry about whether we have the strength to actually stand up for Western British ideals in general, and I think that that's what this is really about.
Speaker 4: Well, there's also beyond the security and integration the women's rights issue.
Speaker 6: The burker is.
Speaker 4: A tool of oppression. It is so dehumanizing for women, it completely removes them from society. Why is that argument not being made more forcefully that if you support women's rights, you cannot be pro burker. This is not just a choice. We're talking about a garment that hides all expression.
Speaker 18: Well, I think that's the argument from what I would use and you would use and so on. But there is the you know, the other side of the fence, and the Moslim argam would be that it's a sign of piety, it's a sign of I want to be loyal to my husband. I don't want to tempt are the men. I don't want the gaze of other men upon me. I want to become more dedicated to God and more and deepen my spiritual connection. And so there's all of those arguments that usually come back from the other side. But behind that, who is really going to speak out and say, I'm a Muslim woman, I'm being oppressed and I'm wearing a burker. I mean, the very fact that you're wearing a burker is a sign that you're being oppressed and you're not going to speak out obviously.
Speaker 1: Well, last time I was in Selfridges, there must have been an awful lot of people who are dedicated to God and party.
Speaker 7: That's what I'll sound.
Speaker 5: I mean, the burker does feel a bit like the vegan cat. Someone else is making the decisions there. But you know, I want to ask you, Myron though about this other story which has come out of the UK Telegraph this week utterly shocking. According to this this group called Prevent, which is the anti radicalization government program, they're now saying that the real radical threat is people who think that just maybe there's a problem with integration and that Western culture is under threat from my and who come in great numbers and don't integrate. And they're saying that this is now cultural nationalism, and they suggest that this is a radical ideology that needs to be stepped out and have people re educated on. This is really concerning, and this is where I think people like Darmatic Cummings have been going and warning of just how terrified the British state is of people in Britain being concerned that their country is being taken away from them.
Speaker 18: Yeah, you're absolutely right. I'm concerned. This is massive Prevent. It is a government organization designed to stop terrorism, and terrorism is eventually blowing things up or driving cars into people. But instead they've managed to turn their attention to far right terrorism in particular, which only makes up a tiny fragment of terrorism.
Speaker 10: Most of it is Islamist.
Speaker 18: And it seems to be homing in on people who are concerned about mass immigration, who are concerned about, as you said, cultural nationalism, which seems to be a buzzword for really just being patron and so what they're looking to do is refer such people to a deradicalization program. And it's interesting. One of the points that was made in that Telegraph article was that Kirs Starmer himself recently made a speech about the country becoming an island of strangers as a result of mass immigration, so perhaps he might be referred to Prevent. But the issue of this is is that Prevent they're silencing the majority, They're silencing common opinion.
Speaker 10: And I'm really concerned about this.
Speaker 18: I don't want to sound like hyperbolic or overly dystopian, but I'm concerned about violence erupting We've had Professor David Betts, an academic of war studies, actually map out that when you have a combination of mass immigration, economic decline and government overreach, then you are you're setting a situation which is right for this kind of violence and these kind of tensions to develop. Even just recently Lisa Nandy, the Culture Secretary, she openly said that parts of England look like they're about to go up in flames. So prevent the government established and really need to get a grip of the situation and understand the nees, the feelings and the tensions that are building and instead of actually trying to stamp it out, give them a voice and actually deal with the concerns at the root level.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and Myron part of that is obviously the illegal immigrants pouring in over the border. The problem that has been since Brexit is that after Brexit, Britain didn't pull out of the European Court of Human Rights, which means that anybody coming across the border can just go straight to the to the Court.
Speaker 7: Of Human Rights there in Europe.
Speaker 1: Kenny Badenoch has now joined basically imitating the policy of reform and saying we're going to pull out of the ECHR.
Speaker 7: What do you make of that?
Speaker 1: Of the Conservatives in our copying Reform very blatantly.
Speaker 18: Well, it's interesting, she hasn't quite mimicked Reform yet.
Speaker 10: So Kirs Starmer is absolutely.
Speaker 18: Wedded to the ECCHR because it's against his religion to leave it. Nigel Farage has openly declared that he will leave the ECCHR, and Kenny Baynook called a massive press conference to announce that she may be leaving these And the reason why she's so tentative is because her party is deeply split on this issue. I always say about the Conservative Party it's two souls trapped in one body. So she's fearful of her own members of her own party, So she's creeping up to the issue bit by bit by bit, trying to, you know, desensitize them to the shock of what's going to happen when they actually potentially do leave the ESHR. But yes, she's playing catch up with Reform UK exactly that.
Speaker 4: And the Bedweaters in the Tories continue to hold them back, just like the Bedweathers in our Liberal party. And Reform is now leading several polls ahead of Labor, ahead of the Tories. Is this the end of the two party system effectively in the UK?
Speaker 10: It would seem so.
Speaker 18: I mean Nigel Farage, as I said to you last time, I think he's kind of declared, medically declared the Conservative Party dead and over and then yes, they're a third party. We no longer have a two party system. It's potentially a three party but or at least just two parties with Reform UK and Labor Kebby Baynok is on the ropes. It's quite likely that she might get ousted by the end of the year. And the Conservative Party are changing chairman's like socks, and they're changing leaders like underwear. So that's the state of the Conservative Party right now.
Speaker 10: Will it survive? I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Sounds very similar to what's something over here, dear idea And just quickly before you go, Myron. We played the Dawn French clip earlier where she appeared to be mocking the idea of October seventh, mocking Jewish people for.
Speaker 7: In some weird accent that she was putting on.
Speaker 1: She's now apologized, which is great, but how common is this sort of casual anti semitism in Britain?
Speaker 7: It seems to be getting worse. In my opinion, I think it is.
Speaker 18: I mean, amongst a celebrity, let's say, liberal elite class, there is an echo chamber and they see to sort of parrot the same things back at each other, pro Palestine, free Palestine, and so they believe the propaganda being released by her mass in particular. Look, I've got time for people who've got a genuine argument, you know, for the Palastinian side of the situation. But dorn French didn't really have a genuine argument. She trivialized the whole thing. October to seventh was a bad thing.
Speaker 10: Is the way does?
Speaker 18: She described it in a kind of mocking, self righteous tone. Look, she's apologized, we make mistakes. It was a moment of madness, I hope, and we hopefully can just draw a line under it. He's a national treasure. I hope she can move on for it and arrest the country can as well.
Speaker 1: Fantastic Myron, Great to chat to you as always, Thanks so much for staying up and speaking just here on Outsiders at Smyron Central. Nathan always great to have him on the show. After the break, net zany lefty Lunacy Whackdemia in a tick. You're watching Outsiders with Rita and James and myself Rowan, and thank you so much for watching us every Sunday morning. We certainly do appreciate it. Now it's net zany time. This is the insane world of net zero, cutting emissions renewables policies which are crippling this nation. We've said it here on this show so many times. We had deindustrializing, we had destroying our economy. Chris Bowen and the Labor Party are destroying our ability to manufacture, our ability to be an industrial power while they chase their fantasy of a renewable superpower which will never happen. James, that Tamago, We've got another bailout needed for another major industry.
Speaker 5: This is just absolutely shocking, but entirely predictable of Tomago. The aluminum smelter aluminium sorry smelter in New South Wales. This is a huge piece of industrial kit. It uses ten percent of New South Wales electricity supply and it uses it constantly because guess what, an aluminum smelter needs to keep running constantly because if it turns off, it freezes, and it's billions of dollars in davage they have. They are now apparently out there looking for substitues from care from New South Wales. I e US why because net zero energy policies have driven power prices up so much that they cannot afford to keep this going. This is not just an economic risk, it's also a jobs risk. They employ one thousand people, five thousand directly, but also it's a national security.
Speaker 4: C I will just import the aluminium from China.
Speaker 17: China.
Speaker 4: You know who's going to be the biggest superpower, renewable superpower. It's China, because they're the ones selling all this to us, fools that take our fossil fuels, enrich themselves and then sell us this crap that we used to impoverish out.
Speaker 5: That's fantastically There's another little bit though to this story that people don't fully get here, and it really hasn't been properly explored. But let me tell you about this here. One of the interesting things here is that New South Wales is like other states, going forward to these massive, massive transmission projects which are already costing well over the money. Now, if Tom goes bust, if they can't do this anymore, suddenly that's ten percent less electricity in the grid, which means those treads, the cost of those transmission power programs become even higher for everybody else remaining. The entire economics of this green netzer transition are built on sand. You talk to people in the industry, they all know it. The only people who don't seem to know it are the people in Chris Bowen's office.
Speaker 1: And I tell you this is, in my opinion, it is criminal. What is going on is absolutely criminal. Future generations, we'll look back with so much anger at what labor and the entire and the liberals they've been part of this as well, this whole net zero madness. They still are until it stops. But let me just let's just go back to basics. It's always worth reminding ourselves of why we are doing all this, Why we can't do aluminium any longer. Why because apparently the world is getting warmer and warmer and the planet is heating up because of global warming, because of carbon emissions.
Speaker 7: YadA, YadA, YadA, YadA.
Speaker 1: Oh in it other news today, Perisher got off to a fantastic start, a freezing cold start to the snow season.
Speaker 7: One of the great starts of the year for the official opening.
Speaker 1: You know, the snows, the snow reads are fantastic. We'll look if you get down to the snow there, folks, it's all there.
Speaker 7: Remind me again why we're white. Can't remember it anyway.
Speaker 4: I thought we weren't going to have these sort of tree seasons anymore. That's actually children weren't going to be able to experience snow because of global warming. But guess what, there's also bad news because not only is there more snow, but fire now is hotter. Climate is making fire hotter.
Speaker 7: Climate change. Have a listen.
Speaker 19: Water bombers won't won't put out most of the whites of fires out of control, but you could stop it early if you could, because the nature of twenty first century fire is very different from twentieth century fire. Because of a climate crisis, it's change fire behavior. It's made fires much harder put out and much more dangerous for communities.
Speaker 7: Ah, this is stupid, is unbelievable.
Speaker 1: The only fires that are harder to put out are because of climate change policies, evy lithium batteries. Those are the files that are so hard to put out, not nature's fires because of climate change.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, and also I would be really willing to bet. I don't know Canada's policies on these sorts of things, but I have a real feeling that in Canada, and you know, I love how these people probably all have these yard sides out that say, you know, in this house, we believe science is real, which of course means that.
Speaker 8: Fire is hotter than it used to be.
Speaker 5: Okay, sure, But I bet also in Canada that they have the exact same problem that we have here, which is that they don't do any backburning, any removal of dead brush, any of the sort of things that create these huge, massive fuel accumulations that we used to do in the twentieth century. Maybe, guys, I don't know, maybe that's what's making twenty first century harder and harder to Porto.
Speaker 4: It's the global warming.
Speaker 7: Flames are harder than they used to be.
Speaker 4: Back in my day, fire was cold. I mean, I think the proof is in the pudding right there.
Speaker 1: But that's but I'm serious about the EV stuff. There was this inferno on this EV ship. So these lithium batteries, which we're bringing more and more of their massive virus once they start burning you can't put them out. There's this cargo ship James carrying around three thousand of these evs. It's been abandoned off Alaska, and it's just on Sire Alaska.
Speaker 4: So what we've got, what about the pollution issue?
Speaker 7: Just going to burn away for weeks?
Speaker 4: Do you remember?
Speaker 5: I remember when I was a kid, there was a thing called the Excellent Valdez exactly, and it was this oil still in Alaska, and you know, it became this huge, big environmental cause here with everybody, you're scrubbing the poor penguins and everything from all the oil that had gotten all over them. But like, if you've got three thousand or eight hundred how many evs this was on this ship here going up in flames and all of their chemicals getting dumped into the ocean, that would seem like it was a huge environmental catastrophe. And yet oh, because oh no, no, we need the evs to save the planet, except for the testas because they're fascist. Oh no, wait, they're not fascist anymore. I don't know, it's so hard to keep up, you know, we don't hear a word, right.
Speaker 1: So they're all going to be rushing out and buying that tell u us not getting the rid of the scratches putting.
Speaker 8: Can you do the pain so quick quick?
Speaker 7: Let's let's get Can you imagine the number.
Speaker 8: Of people who are out there searching, you know this week?
Speaker 5: How do I get the I bought this tesla before elive was a fascist sticker off my car without ruining the paint.
Speaker 1: Now tell us about the Victorian energy minister again, the lights will go out.
Speaker 7: They're warning us in Victoria, what you've got to.
Speaker 4: Be energy policy is possibly the craziest in the country. In fact, no, it is the craziest. There's a state blessed with natural resources, hundreds of years of gas reserves sitting there's no exploration. And you know what again we talk about the liberals. The liberals are complicit in this madness. The Liberals, along with Labor, voter to change Victorious Constitution to limit gas explorations. So that's not going to get changed back. Labour's never going to vote to change that, not probably in our lifetime. So we've got this mad situation. We're going to be importing gas, we've got shortages, we've got sky high prices when we are sitting on hundreds of years of reserve and the world crazy.
Speaker 5: The wild thing about your gas in Victoria, reader, is that most of it is so close to the surface. You don't really need to do drilling or a lot of hydraulic graphs, everything like that. The gas is so close to the surface that it's barely invasive at all, and yet you can't get it. Remember when gas what's going to be the transition fuel?
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 4: Gas was green for a period before it became more evil than electricity.
Speaker 5: And cook on these crappy induction cook cover if you look to pan up to think beeps that you know, forget it.
Speaker 4: You can't put a wock on one of those, can you.
Speaker 8: It's no fun cooking. It's sorry, it's no fun.
Speaker 4: But Victoria is mad. It was the CEO of Santos who said, it's like in the North Korea is a new South Wales, South Australia, w A. You can do business with those states, but when it comes to Victoria, it's just madness. It's possibly why we have the biggest debt of any state in the country. Why the place is going broke and our taxes are sky high. And I said before the election, if Albernezer gets the second term, we're going to see the Victoria vocation of Australia, and I think we're going to see that there.
Speaker 1: Is super while apparently the Liberals some New South Wales Liberal Party meeting yesterday, the bedwetters were they're wetting the bed I guess and insisting that the Liberal Party go embrace that zero and get more like the Teals and.
Speaker 4: Get more and then elections.
Speaker 10: Unbelievable that already happened.
Speaker 1: You're going to keep you know, seriously, Australia, it's the Australians who are the losers. We need a strong If the Liberals aren't prepared to step up and be a proper coalition, then we need the Nationals to do so. As you were saying earlier, areta maybe in conjunction with one Nation, maybe a National Conservative Party something. We desperately need an opposition that opposes That's what we need. Not too much to ask, you would think in a Western sterdem democracy don't go away after the break, got a little bit sad.
Speaker 7: About feminism in a tool.
Speaker 1: Hello, you're watching Outsiders with Rita Suffragette, Panahee, James the Man Morrow and myself Rowan seek Freedom.
Speaker 7: Dean may I please ask.
Speaker 1: Ever so respectfully and admitting my own membership of the much maligned patriarchy, What on earth happened to women? I don't mean women spelt with an eye, or even women of the what women really want variety, or even women the oppressed victims of male domination. No, what I'm referring to is women as a political force for good in the world. Idealistic and passionate young women who believe in reason, peacemaking, and common sense as the best way to solve the world's problems. Those are the women I grew up with and was taught to admire and did admire the women of the seventies and eighties, young women who were determined to make the world a better place, and did so with talent, with humor, and with verve.
Speaker 7: Their greatest dream was to head off to Israel.
Speaker 1: To work on a kibbutz for three months, or to help out on a charity appeal, or to get a job working for some do good or organization or other. Yes, they called themselves feminists, and as men, we may have cracked jokes about them or teased them, but of course, deep down we secretly admired them. And fancied them obviously, So what went so very very wrong? This clip popped up on social media over the weekend of a youngestro Alian woman lamenting going to university and failing to live the Australian dream, being disappointed feminism has clearly not delivered what she had been told it would. And it's a common story.
Speaker 20: You've gone to UNI, you finished school, gone to UNI, you got a degree which is meant to get you a good job, and that job is meant to pay for a house and maybe a holiday once a year, and maybe it had some kids, and that's not happening now, and you're kind of just like, what's the actual point of anything, Like I'm twenty eight and I kind of thought by now, like I might have like a three bedroom house, maybe like thinking about kids, maybe successful in my career.
Speaker 7: As I said, a very common story. You'll hear it everywhere.
Speaker 1: I was thinking about this because of two things. The Grace Tame Nike incident we spoke about earlier, and two interesting articles in the Australian newspaper over the weekend. I'll get onto those in a tick. Let's start with the Grace Tame incident. Grace Tame is a former Australian of the Year. Unwarranted in my opinion, but there you go, a woman who suffered a great deal as a schoolgirl but went on to become an icon of the Australian feminism movement in a weird kind of pairing with the even more unlikely Britney Higgins. The two of them were presented to young Australian girls for the past decade as the perfect role models of Australian feminism. They made their speeches and were lionized by the left.
Speaker 7: And how did they use that role model status? Not very well?
Speaker 1: Went bore you with the Brittney Higgins saga. We all made up our minds long ago about that particular individual and event. But I will mention Grace Tame rudeness became her stock in trade. Being rude to Prime Minister Morrison was lauded, being rude, ambushing Prime Minister Albanesi with an F Murdock T shirt.
Speaker 7: T shirt was.
Speaker 1: Regarded as a great protest, all so brave, such originality. But then last week her Auntie Israel rantings were revealed. We detailed them here on the show and I won't repeat them because they deserved to be treated with nothing but scorn and derision. And now, as I implored on the show last week, Nike has sacked her from her one hundred thousand dollar ambassador's role for that brand. Good well done, Nike, and thank you to all the outsiders who made that happen or helped make it happen, proving as I've said many times, that together we can force these corporations to change their leftist behavior. Personally, I would argue that if Grace Tame's offense was such that Nike felt compelled to sacker, we the Australian people, should also demand she'd be stripped of her Australian of the Year status and be removed from any taxpayer funded roles.
Speaker 7: But that's just me.
Speaker 1: But sadly, rather than being the exception to the rule, Grace Tame is absolutely typical of today's breed of young feminists, most of whom, in my opinion, fit a rather unsavory mold.
Speaker 7: They're narcissistic, they're.
Speaker 1: Hateful, they're incredibly rude. They rely on profanities rather than arguing a sound political point, whatever that point may be. They are politically shallow and deeply deeply unpleasant.
Speaker 7: But Grace Tame is far from alone.
Speaker 1: She has plenty of company, including high profile individuals Abby Chatfield to Ford, so many others. One of the articles I mentioned in the Weekend Australian was in the Weekend Australian and it's.
Speaker 7: Well worth a read.
Speaker 1: It's by Julie Sego and it's entitled how Clementine Ford went from must read feminist to inciting hatred against Israel.
Speaker 7: In her article, Julie.
Speaker 1: Sego reveals how much she used to look She used to look forward to and enjoy reading Clementine Ford, who used to write a column for the Sidney Morning Herald and the Age column about man's sex life in general. But then Clementine Ford got disciplined while in that lucrative gig for using the F word against Scott Morrison. Seems the F word is popular with young feminists. Ford has now moved on from railing against men to railing against Jews or zios as she calls people who support Israel, as Julie Sego writes quote as is the case with many Israel loaths. Clementine Ford's lies grew darker as she descended deeper into conspiracy. She shared an inographic accusing Israel of training dogs.
Speaker 7: To rape Palestinians.
Speaker 1: When in September the bodies of six Israeli hostages were found in tunnels in Gaza, having been shot at close range, Clementine Ford said, I don't for a second believe that Harmass.
Speaker 7: Executed those hostages.
Speaker 1: This was a lie forward insisted to manufacture consent for the IDF's genocide. I mean, this stuff is just Julie Sego, by the way, details all this obnoxious stuff, and it's worth pointing out that she, as a journalist, used to in fact is a very admirable and brave woman. She was sacked by the Age newspaper apparently for daring to criticize the rampant trans and woke ideology at that outlet, and good honor, well done. She also attended the famous Let Women Speak rally in Melbourne with those other brave women more redeeming Catherine Deeves and others. Again, Julie Sego a woman to be admired. But back to her must read art about Clementine Ford, where she writes to Clementine Ford also accuses those who support Israel or criticize Clementine as repugnant, brainwashed racists who flatter themselves that they're the most moral people on earth. There are not enough babies in the world who could be bombed to satisfy Zionus ideological Further, this is sick stuff.
Speaker 7: Again. The F word and the sea word.
Speaker 1: Are used liberally by Clementine Ford with depressing regularity, f Israel and so on, which, as far as political slogans go, let's face, it is neither clever nor particularly illuminating. In fact, using the F word as your major political comment has to be the definition of laziness to the point of being brain dead. Which brings us to another young feminist heroine who fits this same anti Jewish relying on profanasis pattern to a t.
Speaker 7: Gret Tathumburg.
Speaker 1: When Greta first magically appeared on the scene, lauded by the left as some kind of Swedish savant schoolgirl, supposedly a modern Joan of arc railing against the sins of men kind, namely climate change. Back then we weren't allowed to criticize her a because of her young age and b because of her spectrum disorder. Well, she has no fine wine. She has not improved with age, at all. Greta is the queen of incandescent rage against authority. Hilariously, most of the world took her how dare you speech?
Speaker 4: Seriously, this is all wrong.
Speaker 7: I shouldn't be up here.
Speaker 15: I should be back in school on the other side of the ocean.
Speaker 7: Yes, perhaps you should have been. Indeed, how dare you?
Speaker 1: Greta was such a devotee of getting rid of fossil fuels that she traveled famously traveled on a yacht to one of the many global warming conferences.
Speaker 7: There's a great gimmick.
Speaker 1: But like most climate fanatics, she has apparently switched to fossil fuels when a higher cause demands it. Now Greta is wandering around the Mediterranean and on a reportedly diesel powered ship, intent on saving Gaza from the evil Israelis or some such nonsense. And of course she too liies on that snappy four letter word to make her point.
Speaker 7: Is great role role model.
Speaker 1: There another brilliant article, Illustratim, came out on Friday, written by the talented young writer Zoe Booth, and it was an insightful critique of another young Australian hard left girl boss and so called female influencer Hannah Ferguson, who calls herself proudly progressive and says if she had a political slogan, it would be I'm not pale.
Speaker 7: Male or stale. Wow, how original inspiring that is.
Speaker 1: Hannah Ferguson is a regular on the ABC and social media, even spoke at the National Press Club recently. Clearly the left adore her. But as Zoe Booth wrote in her article on Friday about the Press Club speech, quote, whether it was Hannah Ferguson's naive claims about an Israeli genocide blood libel is very in with feminist influences lately. See Grace Taine, Greta Tundberg, Abby Chatfield, Clementine Ford, or her apparent belief that she's the only woman succeeding in alternative media. I spent right, Zoe Booth, so much time wincing while listening to her address. I should invoice her for the cost of removing the wrinkless she edged on my forehead. Great stuff and great writing there, Zoe. Zoe Booth, by the way, was her self a left winger in her adolescence who spoke last year about her transition from radical leftists to them or I guess conservative common sense worldview. Here's a snippet as Zoe Booth explains the attraction for young women in this simplistic to this simplistic, hateful narrative about the patriarchy which has pedaled to all young Australian women.
Speaker 21: All that little girls are treated differently as they get older and become women.
Speaker 6: Why is that the case?
Speaker 21: You know, Well, because there's a patriarchy and that's the answer to it. It's simply that men are you know, power hungry people who will abuse women. Oh okay, done that. It seems very simple to me and it answered my questions. It made me angry, but it just answered questions for me.
Speaker 1: And Zoe went on to question and become a great writer writing for Quillette and The Australian other places.
Speaker 7: But this is the problem.
Speaker 1: Young Australian girls are taught to feel victimized and angry. Many of them get seduced by this idea of being nasty, are being spiteful? I fueled my hatred in order to get then rewarded with deplauded social media, taxpayer under grants, Other accolades, schools eulogize them and of course, universities lionize them. Dare criticize these girls and you are a misogynist. Arrogance fuels narcissism, and all the while Australia's daughters are being taught to be like these women, to idolize them for their so called courage, and many choose to emulate them. Yet at heart, what do these individuals offer. Profanities and slogans which are apt to inspire due hatred, not a pretty mix.
Speaker 7: Australian girls deserve so much better.
Speaker 1: So let me start by nominating some better role models for Ossie girls. How about emulating those women who are prepared to defy the stifling political correctness of the left, and who refuse to be seduced by the lure of social media fame feeding off profanities and ugly hatreds. Women who are prepared to defy, to stand up for themselves, to think for themselves. Women, I might I say, like those two writers at The Australian, Julie Zego and Zoe.
Speaker 7: Booth, Well here's a tree.
Speaker 1: New South Wales Libertarian Party MLC John Ruddick joins us now live in the studio outsider. His fans know John very well, good to see you back here in the studio, John Life to say you're out now you'd gone on some success. The success John was of course a liber You wrote a book Make the Liberal Party Great Again, great slogan all the way back in twenty seventeen. They ignored you completely and so you said goodbye Liberals and started got involved with the libertarians.
Speaker 7: And now you're in the New South Wales Parliament where you are now calling and.
Speaker 1: This great article in the Spectator about this, by the way, now you are calling for the gun rules, the gun laws that Australia is so famous for, to be overturned for New South Wales.
Speaker 7: To allow more access to guns for the citizens. Explain why in asteratic, Well.
Speaker 22: Look, we believe that in the Libertarian party that government is inherently dangerous. So classical liberals and libertarians have a lot of overlap. But the classical liberals, people like Ronald Bragan, Margaret that they say government is fundamentally good. We need to keep it small, but it is fundamentally good. Libertarians, we think we know our history better. We say government is inherently dangerous because they tend to morph into tyrannies. The very first thing a dictatorship does when it comes to power is it disarms the people. So what we say is, like the American Founding Fathers, we say it's healthy for there to be a counterweight against state power. So the anti gun activists, I'm not saying they don't want any guns in society. They're saying that they want the government to have a monopoly on guns, and we say that's danger and this is why the American Founding Fathers were right.
Speaker 1: Now, you put forward four arguments, two of which I found pretty compelling and interesting.
Speaker 7: The first being.
Speaker 1: We saw so what you're talking about government going way beyond what it should be doing, we actually saw it out in COVID for the first time in Australia. We got a glimpse of what's an Australian elected authoritarian government looks like.
Speaker 7: And it was very, very ugly and a lot of.
Speaker 1: People still haven't recovered from that. The use of force against the population. Your second argument, which is a fascinating one in light of what we've seen in the last week, where Anthony Albanezia said we don't need any more defense in Australia.
Speaker 7: You're arguing that when a citizen.
Speaker 1: The citizens are armed, other nations are going to think twice about maybe getting as aggressive as they would. If those arguments are pretty interesting, explain the rationale behind them.
Speaker 22: Well, look, we should assume that Australia sometime in the next century or two is going to be invaded. We hope it won't be, but we should assume that there will be some Napoleonic figure marching across Asia and they could wipe out the Australian defense force. We've got a good defense force, but it is relatively small. Okay, so let's say the defense forces wiped out and we're disarmed. They're going to think this is a piece of cake. We can march and here we'll run the whole show. If, on the other hand, they think every second house might have a firearm, they can think we'll take out the defense force, but then we'll have a pretty serious counter resistance. So that's why they will be more reluctant.
Speaker 7: To invade Australia.
Speaker 22: And the COVID argument, well, look, we believe that COVID was potentially just the beginning of what they're trying to do. As soon as COVID are over, they start racking up all this anti free speech and stuff. So they treated us like farm animals in COVID. But they didn't in America because the American government knows that you can't push the American people around too much or they can revolt.
Speaker 8: And that's what that's.
Speaker 4: Why libertarians are just, you know, a little bit wacky, like you guys have some good ideas, but in the end you just go off the reservation. I mean America. Yeah, Florida and Texas, the Red States were pretty free, but they had even more stringent rules in parts of the states, including New York, California, Canadians as.
Speaker 7: Bad as Australia.
Speaker 4: As Australia.
Speaker 22: Australia, they were Melbourne had a two hundred day lockdown read it was the world record by California.
Speaker 4: They were chasing people down at the beach who were by themselves. They were locking up people for opening up their shops. I mean, and Canada were banning the bank accounts of truckers for just having a peaceful anti lockdown protest. They've got plenty of guns there. I understand in theory, but I just think in actice this would be madness.
Speaker 22: Well, I have what's your argument, so you say you opposed, but I don't.
Speaker 7: I've a refuge reader. I haven't heard what I need to refuge it. Okay, argument that I'm wrong.
Speaker 4: Argument what I'm refuging. The claim that if we had arms, we wouldn't have had the COVID conditions.
Speaker 22: Okay, well, okay, let's address that one. Okay, In the United States, about seventy five percent of people took two of the warp speed vaccines. In Australia it's ninety eight percent. They had the same they had the same political leadership, corporate media and everyone shouting take your backs, take your backs, take you back.
Speaker 7: It's a very big difference.
Speaker 4: If we had a mandate here, you couldn't go to most I tried.
Speaker 10: To do that.
Speaker 22: They tried to do it.
Speaker 1: You're arguing that guns had some kind of like a gravity force.
Speaker 7: There again, the count streets the counterweight.
Speaker 8: Okay, look, did we get we get all that?
Speaker 5: I mean, like, we can get into the weeds with a argument about the teats of the American founding versus the Australian founding, and you know why the two countries might have a different sort of approach. But I would think that you know, in a highly pragmatic and practical nation like Australia. Wouldn't the argument be that number one, these rules have gone too far and anybody who you know has a rule property and has to deal with the authorities on just simple things like a twenty two even you know, for protection or for dealing with rabbits or whatever.
Speaker 8: You know, it's you.
Speaker 5: Know, they're treated to just they want to have, you know, an arsenal of AK forty sevens. But beyond that, though New South Wales we've seen a huge increase in the number of murders almost every week, you know, at least once a week. My pay of the Daily Telegraph reports on some shooting incident with handguns, which are apparently banned. But you know, I was coming across Cleveland Street several months ago when there was a shooting at a petrol station where it was an armed hit on some gangster type. Some criminals have got criminals have got God, government's got c pre citizens. It would seem to me that just in terms of the politics of this, this might get a bit more sort of traction in the community.
Speaker 1: Isn't the self defense argument a strong one because you have, for example, we've seen gangs with machetes down in Victoria.
Speaker 7: You know one of.
Speaker 4: Those gangs to have ready.
Speaker 7: Well, the gangs again are going to do what they're going to do.
Speaker 10: They're gonna do what they're going to do.
Speaker 1: Surely the self defense argument, I would like to be I had a gun as a kid.
Speaker 7: We had guns in Australia.
Speaker 1: Everyone did the ability to defend my family if.
Speaker 7: It came to it.
Speaker 4: John, We're so different because America. Like the arguments about what did the Americans get rid of their guns? Well, it's a mad argument because there's literally hundreds of millions of guns out there and if you got rid of guns, only the criminals would happen.
Speaker 22: It would be a terrible thing. But everyone wants to talk about the United States. Let's talk about another country. Let's talk about Switzerland. Switzerland has a very similar ratio of gun ownership to the United States. Yes, and they've got the lawest homicide rate in the world, So it's not the guns causing the homicides.
Speaker 8: Now in the United.
Speaker 22: States, there are states with a lower homicide rate than New South Wales, places like New Hampshire, where they've got the most relaxed gun laws in the world. At New Hampshire last year had eleven homicides out of every per million people. New South Wales was three times eight. So it's not the guns causing the problem. Now there are parts of America where, yes, there is a gun problem. Where's that inner city crime, gangs. It's not caused by the guns. It's caused by other social factors.
Speaker 4: True, But do you really want to have some of the lunatics we've got running around here, some of the political political extremists of the left, to have access to guns. Even they're doing some stuff.
Speaker 22: They're getting access to the guns, and then if they can't find then they'll use a machete. So the people, what you're saying, reader, is we want to be outsource our personal safety to the police. So you're gettingmugs, someone's break into your home, you're bringing up the cops best case out there in five minutes.
Speaker 7: Best case.
Speaker 22: These crimes are done in the matters of seconds, not minutes. So it's the personal safety. But there is the fourth argument that I mentioned in the speech, which the spectator a kindly run. Having your right to self defense makes you more of a rugged individualist, and this is why it makes you more creative, makes you feel like you're more of a man, and this is why the United States.
Speaker 7: And you're ready, do you want to be more of a man, you need a gun.
Speaker 22: This is why the United States has so much ingenuity and creativity that they've only invented things like mass produced cars, electricity, the Internet, AI computers, aeroplanes, Thank you America. So this is because they are they stand.
Speaker 7: On their own two feet.
Speaker 22: They don't want to outsource their safety and everything else to the government. Okay, but the major, the number one towering point why it's dangerous to have the government having a monopoly on guns is that history tells us government unchecked will grow into a tyranny. Now it's not gonna happen overnight, but it definitely that's how government does. It grows like a cancer. We need to keep it in check. We need to have the people with the right to bear arms.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 5: Again, though, I feel like, you know, with this argument about America versus Strea. And believe me, I've been here for twenty plus years and I have tried to, you know, make these American freedom arguments to Australians with limited success. Sometimes it must be said, simply because the nature of the two countries is different. Isn't the real argument here to create the culture of liberty and then out of that you get the desire for personal protection. Because right now, if you've got people who say, oh, well, we like government, I mean that was the crazy thing about this election. We just had you know, Albert Easy ran on protecting public servants, which is an American I thought, that's insane.
Speaker 8: Who wants to predict club it service?
Speaker 22: Well, James, I would say, prior to COVID, I would say that you're corrected. About three percent of Australians would have understood theose arguments that the founding fathers of America first made. I would say, Now, after COVID and after the explosion in straight crime, particularly in Victoria and in Queensland, I recoon it's down close to ten percent. And that's without without there being any discussion. So is my constitutional going to get through the new South Wales Parliament? My hunters are probably won't on this occasion. But as Confucius taught us, every long journey start with the first step. This is the first step. And look here we are on the outside on Sunday morning, promoting the need for the citizens to od guds. This might take some time, but we're going to continue to persist with it. It's in austral as long term interest.
Speaker 1: One argument which you've kind of put forward, but I think is backs up what you're saying, is of course the Clive James argument, which is that's Australians. The problem with Australians is not that we're descended from convicts, but that we're descended from prison offices, and those prison officers do seem to enjoy treating us like convicts and keeping us in our place.
Speaker 7: And we've seen this more and more and more.
Speaker 1: We talk the other day, we had we've had guests on who have every day their business is confronted by the overreach of red tape, green tape, black tape authoritarianism. And it is true, it is undeniable that this country is not the bastion of liberty that it was in the John Howard years. It has become far more authoritarian and if you need weapons as a balance. We've got mass immigration. We've got people coming from all over the world. Many people come from very violent cultures and countries and they're coming straight into this country. Dropped in the middle of this country. I think there are arguments for your case.
Speaker 22: Well, I am overwhelmingly optimistic about the future of Australia. Now we are in a bad patch. I believe John Howard is an overrated Prime minister. He disarmed us sinister, raising change wars, locked.
Speaker 7: In middle pass welfare.
Speaker 22: Okay, but I think that long term it was a dangerous thing what John Howard did. He's empowered the criminals and he's made the state bigger, bigger and bossier. But we can still turn this around. We've got plenty of Australia's got a fantastic foundation because for two hundred and twenty five years we've been a very We've been a capitalist country.
Speaker 7: Ok. We had when I was growing up. You used to be able to walk in the k martin buy a gun exactly one. As a kid, I shooting the VB cans off the fence. RITA is you're going to be convinced sooner or late.
Speaker 6: I could see you coming round.
Speaker 7: Maybe that's the sussful sources.
Speaker 4: If I was living in the States, within the first month, I would have a firearm. In Australia, it's a different Kelly Field.
Speaker 1: Yeah, great, fascinating argument. Thank you, John Good luck with that's in the New South Wales Parliament. That's great, that's John Roddick there MLC in the New South Wales pilom for the Libertarians party. After the break, James, don't give rt In a tick.
Speaker 5: Hello, you're watching Outsiders with your hosts Rowan, don't believe your eyes Dean and Rita power of perception Pany and I'm James.
Speaker 8: Made you look Moorrow.
Speaker 5: Well, they say power is all about perception, and I guess that's true, because perception can be another word for making people believe things that aren't necessarily true, things like Democrats actually care about and are on the side of real Americans, which sometimes leads to hilarious moments like this one when they dressed Tim Waltz up like Elmer Fudd to show that he's a real man's man who loves hunting and guns and drinking beer and hanging out with the guys.
Speaker 8: But you know, I think you and I.
Speaker 5: Both know the truth about this that if you give a Democrat a choice between actually defending an American and sticking up for what they like to call an undocumented migrant, well guess what they're gonna take That second choice. The migrant every time. Exhibit a this man kill Albrego Garcia, a man routinely described in the press and by Democrats as a simple Maryland father, a migrant wrongly ripped from the arms of his loving family by Donald Trump's gestapo and sent to a notorious El Saladoran gulag.
Speaker 11: They mistakenly deported a Maria father with protected legal status to this horrific prison in El Salvador.
Speaker 6: The Marylander married to a.
Speaker 7: US citizen who is a five year old son with autism.
Speaker 6: Sir Garcia was abducted. He is a father, he is a husband, he's a union member.
Speaker 5: Well, good news left is that's right, baby, He's coming home. Kill Mark's coming back to the US, as the left wing newsers Axios first reported it with the headline quote breaking wrongly deported Mariland man kill Marrow Brega Garcia is on his way back to the US unquote. But you know what they say, never let the facts get in the way with a good story. Because they quickly had to update the yarn when the uh intimate part when they when they was pointed out how this band was actually being portrayed. The new headline was somewhat different reading quote new kil Breda Garcia has been charged with smuggling undocumented immigran in the US, allegedly making more than one hundred trips. He also allegedly abused undocumented females and solicited nude photographs and videos from a minor. Well, that's a little bit different. Here's a bit of Attorney General Pam Bondi laying out more of the accusations against this poor Maryland father.
Speaker 23: This defendant trafficked firearms and narcotics throughout our country on multiple occasions. They were using vehicles SUVs with added seats in the back.
Speaker 6: Floors that had been ripped out.
Speaker 23: Guns, narcotics, children, women, MS thirteen members.
Speaker 6: That is what the grand jury found.
Speaker 7: Yes, this is the.
Speaker 5: Non citizen criminal whose rights were so important that the congressmen representing the Maryland district where the Maryland father lived flew all the way down to El Salvador to have a.
Speaker 8: Drink with him and make sure he was okay.
Speaker 7: Gosh.
Speaker 5: So you have to wonder did that congressman or anybody else going to bat for him do the same with Kilmar's alleged victims.
Speaker 8: No, of course not.
Speaker 5: But you see that's what democrats and the left do. They take the side of migrants over Americans every day of the week, and twice on Sunday if they're accused of committing a crime. There's examples of this all over the country at the moment. This weekend, in Los Angeles, many riots broke out when activists decided that they were going to apparently storm a migrant detention center and trap some federal agents inside until they could eventually be rescued by other law enforcement. Elsewhere in the city, ICE agents were barricaded inside a store for their own safety after an angry crowd tried to stop them arresting to deport illegal migrants. I gotta say, it feels like we're about to see a replay of twenty twenty Summer of Love in the US, only with radicals targeting armed ICE agents instead of mainstream shopkeepers. Well yeah, I'm sure that's going to go really well for them.
Speaker 7: But it's not just LA.
Speaker 5: In Boston, hard left mayor Michelle Wu has compared ICE agents to two Nazis. Why because they wear masks?
Speaker 6: Does it clarify? Are you comparing ICE? You said to NSC one thirty one The neo Nazi group. Are you comparing them to a neo Nazi group?
Speaker 21: What I said is that Boston police and no police department that I know of at the local level routinely wears masks.
Speaker 5: Ah, yes, masks, hey ms woo your honor is that you anyway? Meanwhile, back in the old hometown of New York, radical leftists have been trying to interfere with ICE agents picking up detainees even in courthouses. Look at that on your screen there, while my oral candidates for the upcoming Democrat bar or Pride Mary are falling all over themselves to say just how much they will stand up against ICE agents coming in to deport illegal aliens, even keeping them out of prisons.
Speaker 11: I will always be a mayor that will stand up for our immigrants. Donald Trump's ICE has no place on Rikers Island. Donald Trump's ICE has no place pulling our people that are taking their court they're legal fort dates now, no right, not in my New York.
Speaker 21: Ah.
Speaker 5: Yes, no ICE agents at New York's infamous prison Rikers Island. With the Democrats, you know, it really is a case of the inmates running the asylum.
Speaker 7: Great stuff, Chan, how good news.
Speaker 4: Tom Homan Trump, they are going to be deploying the National Guard. They're going to be making sure that order is restored. If the Californian authorities want to let the nut bags run riot, they're not going to tolerate that anymore. Of the scenes we've seen James have just been absolutely shocking, just lawlessness ed rita.
Speaker 5: See here, these scenes are from a little while ago. These are protesters here and they're squaring up against the cops here, and you note that they're holding Mexican flags, which seems to be really really curious for people to say, Hey, we're migrants who want part of the American dream. This looks like separatism to me. And it looks like, you know, something that most Americans simply wouldn't want a part of this.
Speaker 4: Is you know what, if you want to be flying the flag of any other nation in a protest, perhaps I don't know, go there.
Speaker 5: And that's the really, that's the real thing. Look at the live shots here. We're seeing live shots here from Los Angeles right now. Again with the Mexican flag, I mean, it's just so strange. You're waving the flag of the country you're terrified of being deported to I don't know how that makes sense, but the National Guard point readA I'm really glad you brought that up. That's so crucial because you know, in twenty twenty, when the Black Lives Matter riots were running, there was the whole thing where all these states refused to call out the National Guard. When Tom Cotton wrote an op ed for the New York Times suggesting the National Guard being brought out, it basically blew up the entire New York Times editorial page. So you know, you have to, just as in the sixties, you know, when this sort of thing happened before, bring out the National Guard. Restore order because this is not you know, First Amendment speech.
Speaker 8: This is rioting.
Speaker 5: There's been other footage that have shown protesters throwing bricks and rocks into the windscreens of cars going by as part of these protests.
Speaker 8: You see that they're on your screen right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is one.
Speaker 5: Hundred percent illegal, violent, criminal, dangerous behavior. These people need to be dealt with really, really harshly.
Speaker 4: And let's not be in any doubt the Trump administration has a mandate to do precisely what it's doing. This is what we're wrote on this and this policy enjoys mainstream support. It's not just the Trump base. The polling shows that the majority of Americans want every single illegal immigrant to be deported, not just the criminal elements. So this is not only a policy that Trump has a mandate on, it's one that is widely supported. So for these activists to be behaving, this is a sense of entitlement that comes from the left because they've had their way for so long, when conservatives getting that aren't actually exercised because.
Speaker 1: Also they don't have an argument. They resort to violence every time. The left do it all the time. They don't have the argument. I just want to move on to this thing, which is that not only are the deporting people, you've got to stop the wrong people coming in. And I was referring to this earlier in Australia, we seem to be quite happy to just let millions of people in from.
Speaker 7: All sorts of places.
Speaker 1: But Donald Trump has announced a travel ban on twelve separate countries, Somalia's, Sudan, other places like that. I think it is where he's basically saying, come on, we've got to be careful who's coming into the country.
Speaker 5: James Well, and you know, we had that whole horrible incident border last week and border Colorado when the guy who was I think he was from Egypt, which is not on that list, but he was somebody who overstayed his visa and his family overstayed their visa, and then I don't know if they made an asylum claim or whatever, but the Biden administration granted the rights to work and stay in the country. And then, of course, you know that happened. That should never have happened, because that guy should never have been in the country in the first place. That's what this all comes down to. The Biden administration let millions and millions of people into the country. It was very cynical. They saw how close the race was in twenty sixteen, they felt that should never happen. They knew that Trump was a threat, they knew the Republicans were a threat to them, and so I think the idea was to long run stack the demography to create more and more Democrat voters. That was the end goal of all of this incredibly cynical play with the safety and security of America. And I'll just say this. You know the left loves to talk about, Oh it's a crisis of democracy. The right is threatening democracy when you can't actually and when you refuse to control who comes into your country and remove those people who should not be in your country. That is the biggest crisis of democracy of all.
Speaker 4: And the interesting thing is the Latino vote for Trump is enormous. In fact, there was an opinion poll out just in recent days where his approval rating amongst the Latino community was sixty three percent. From memory, it was one of the highest of any of those demographics. Because there's this belief by the left that if you're an immigrant, then you're just for open borders, you want just unchecked immigration millions coming in.
Speaker 7: That is not the case behind you.
Speaker 4: Here legally, and you've had to go through a process. You resent those who are.
Speaker 5: Not only that if you're Latina or your black resort off. A lot of black people come across, Black men come across to the Republicans of Trump. It's about the suppression of working class wages, you know, in the low wage migrants, illegal mirgrants, suppressed wages. Study after study has shown that. So these demographics will say, no, I don't want people coming in driving down my wages, driving down my quality of life. And you know it gets back again to what we were talking about earlier in the show Rode and Rita about that split between the Maga Republicans and Donald Trump and the libertarian open border of people like Elon Musk who were very happy to bring in tech workers on the cheap and screw the middle class.
Speaker 8: Well, it's the same thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but let's you know, we're not having the discussion in this nation about immigration we should have. The Dutton led coalition was so pathetic during the run up to the election campaign. They said twenty five percent cut for a year or two years or whatever it was. We need a serious conversation about immigration in this country. We're pouring millions of people in. Maybe fine, may not be fine, but we need to have that discussion and we're not having it. After break, canber Clown Show in a tick, Roll up, roll up, step right this way, it's the show in town is the Canberra Clown Show. Here's a map of Sydney electorates. Back when the Liberals fought against net zero and opposed carbon taxes the Abbot years, the Libs held around half.
Speaker 7: Of the seats in Greater Sydney.
Speaker 1: Then they betrayed the voters and signed up to net zero and the woke agenda because supposedly some dodgy international investors.
Speaker 7: Told them to.
Speaker 1: Today at the Liberals hold just four of the thirty four seats in the Greater Sydney Region Cook, Lindsay, Mitchell and Barrara, the same number as the Teals and the Great Irony. The so called moderate Liberals think that being even more woke and pushing net zero further is the way back to power.
Speaker 7: What a joke. Meanwhile, on the other side of the aisle, a.
Speaker 1: Member of the Greens has defected and joined Labor Senator Derinda Cox, who good question. According to one Labor senator, she's a basket weaver.
Speaker 24: This this government doesn't apologize for continuing to support the guests industry and ensure that the lights stay on so that even basket weavers like yourself, Senator Cox, can have.
Speaker 7: Light nice.
Speaker 1: When she's not basket weaving or swapping parties. Drinder Cox has committed to chanting slogans that many people claim as a call for genocide against the Jewish population of Israel.
Speaker 14: We are urging the government to step up their action to condemn Israel about its actions in Gaza, and I think that we will continue to change from the river to the sea to ensure that freedom and peace are delivered.
Speaker 6: And I don't have any objection to that.
Speaker 7: And she's now in the Labor Party.
Speaker 1: In other news from the Burly Griffin Big Top, the ABC's chief political clown Laura Tingle hung up her clown shoes this week.
Speaker 7: Again, who I hear you ask?
Speaker 1: So I asked AI for Laura Tingle's finest moment and this is what I got.
Speaker 22: Life.
Speaker 6: And we've been rehearsing for over forty thousan years.
Speaker 4: So everybody, how are you.
Speaker 8: Sorry?
Speaker 1: Must have asked AI the wrong question. That was Lara Bingle, not Laura Tingle. I always get those two mixed up. Here's Laura bing Tingle sorry, practicing her Ossie slang vernacular.
Speaker 4: Laura Tingle, I can only imagine that labor must be absolutely ropable.
Speaker 8: Lee.
Speaker 6: I think you'd have to say this spewen.
Speaker 25: Any pitch shop gala can tell you that the absolutely overwhelming issue for voters is the cost of living.
Speaker 7: By Elections are.
Speaker 25: Usually an opportunity for voters to give the government of the day a kick up the bum.
Speaker 1: That sounded so natural. Laura Tingle also described the coalition as a clown show last week. Say what you will, but I can't help thinking she was secretly auditioning for a job here on Outsiders. Laura also got in trouble recently for describing you, me, all Australians as racists.
Speaker 4: We are a racist compul its face that we always have been, and it's very depressing.
Speaker 17: But to give a.
Speaker 25: License like that I find more profoundly depressing and terrible.
Speaker 7: Prospect for the next election. Yes, we're all racists. Apparently speak for yourself, Laura.
Speaker 8: In fact, she did.
Speaker 1: Laura Tingle's greatest hit, the moment she declared that Indigenous Australians needed to make way for Anthony Albanezi if they wanted the voice to get up. Pretty much wrong on all accounts as it happened, and just my opinion, But how a listen. Surely isn't there a tinge or should that be a tingle of racism in these comments?
Speaker 7: You decide it.
Speaker 25: Really is time for the Prime Minister to come in and sort of take control of this debate, not the Indigenous Caucus, not all those Indigenous leaders.
Speaker 6: I think there is a real push that.
Speaker 25: You know that this will go down unless something really materially changes, And it's not about advertising. It's about that political leadership and that sense of political.
Speaker 7: Ah well, don't worry, Laura.
Speaker 1: The voice ain't going away despite the Australian people overwhelmingly saying no to it in the referendum. Here's Alboso and his Indigenous minister, Melander and McCarthy just last year.
Speaker 24: What we're proposed is Macaradam just being the idea of coming together.
Speaker 7: Okay, I'm still confused and I apologize for that.
Speaker 1: There is a prospect of a Macarati Commission still being set up based on what you're saying this morning.
Speaker 26: I'm saying that the principles of the Orlary statement from the heart are very much supported by our government. In four what we have to do absolutely, you know, the Prime Minister made that commitment on election night.
Speaker 1: Even scarier, here's Pennywise, the clown, sorry Penny Wong, just over a month ago.
Speaker 27: I think we'll look back on it in ten years time and it'll be like marriage equality, don't you reckon? Like I always just say marriage equality, which took us such a bloody fight to get that done, and I thought, all this fuss, it'll become something. It'll be like, do we have an argument about that. They weren't even like kids today or any even adults today, nearly kind of clock that it used to be an issue.
Speaker 1: Yes, Forget about the referendum, Forget over sixty percent of Australians voting, Forget every single state except the Act saying a loud, clear and unequivocal no to the voice, to Pennywong.
Speaker 7: And labor, it ain't going away. It's back.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, this anti nuclear, pro renewables and pro net zero bozo. Former New South Wales Treasurer Matt Kean was back in the spotlight this week with this stupendous comment at an energy forum where he had this amazing insight quote. Those arguing for nuclear energy are the same people wanting to bring back Blockbuster video chains when the world is watching Netflix, h Matt. Not really a great analogy, given that Google, who owned Netflix, are busy buying up nuclear power plants as the only way to provide I have enough power for their future energy needs, as indeed are matter owners of Facebook. Not sure you really understand how this energy supply thing works, Matt, and speaking of that zero nutters and climate clowns, none come creepier or more dangerous than former New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda A. Dern, who has found a new friend this week, Oprah Winfrey.
Speaker 6: This woman has been a heroine, a hero for me for so many years.
Speaker 7: I've admired I from.
Speaker 12: Afar and this is the first time I've had the opportunity to sit down and have a conversation. Because she's written a book called A Different Kind of Power, and I love that you call it that because the different kind of power is kindness.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, It's all.
Speaker 28: Those things that you think are weaknesses or are taught are weaknesses.
Speaker 20: Empathy, sensitivity, self doubt and humility that powerful.
Speaker 12: What I admire is that you're a Prime Minister and you made a decision that I am going to have kindness as a prince from my administration.
Speaker 7: Kindness as of principle.
Speaker 1: Hardcore Marxistar Dern are pupil of the World Economic Forum, imposed one of the most draconian and disgraceful COVID regimes in the world, insisting in the time honored fashion of tyrants throughout the ages that she and her labor government were the sole source of truth I.
Speaker 6: Am present on social media or I see it myself.
Speaker 28: I cannot go around and individually dismiss every single rumor I see on social media, as tempted as I might be otherwise dismiss anything else. We will continue to be your single source of truth. We will provide information frequently.
Speaker 1: And who can forget Jollyagercenter's greatest jape, deliberately dividing her nation talking about kindness, dividing her nation into two separate classes of people.
Speaker 10: So you basically see it.
Speaker 18: This is going to be like it's almost like you probably don't seem like this, the two different classes of people.
Speaker 7: If you're vaccinated or if you're unvaccinated, you have all these rights. If you are vaccinated, that is what it is.
Speaker 6: So yep, yep, that is what it is.
Speaker 7: Yep. Kindness as a principle.
Speaker 1: Don't make me laugh still, just into the Kiwi clown at least at a razor sharp sense of humor.
Speaker 7: Here she is doing her.
Speaker 1: See how many times I can touch my face while I'm talking circusack, What.
Speaker 6: A laugh, switnessache.
Speaker 10: You'll be right, you look, you're probably.
Speaker 1: Out of shot over the end.
Speaker 7: Okay, you've r's ready to go.
Speaker 6: Hey, who wants to kick off?
Speaker 7: Ah?
Speaker 1: Yes, hatpering memories of the greatest Kiwi clown of them all? Do Kiwis regret the madness of the ardoon years?
Speaker 7: Who knows? And what would split ends? He'll say.
Speaker 1: Hypaboll extreme exaggeration, as described by Julia Gillard hyperblely. James tell us about well one of your favorite topics food.
Speaker 8: Food, glorious food. Yeah, I love this story here in the UK Telegraph.
Speaker 5: So you know the Michelin Guide, right, and they give the stars to big restaurants one, two, three stars, big coveted, big deal thing in the restaurant industry. Anyway, it turns out that you know that little website, The Conversation. Yeah, well, somebody there has gone and attacked the Michelin Guide for being racist, eurocentric because fine dining didn't originate in Europe, and also elitist because of course that's what fine dining is.
Speaker 8: And now, of course what they want to do now this is hilarious. They want to decolonize the Michelin Guide.
Speaker 4: There's no Michelin starred restaurants. What in Africa.
Speaker 8: Biased?
Speaker 5: It's the whole bias is towards you. Know, eurocentric colonizer food. It's elitist, it's all.
Speaker 4: Of this participation.
Speaker 8: Don't buy it. It's to be broad marched through and destroyed.
Speaker 4: Another ratings guide where you award these restaurants that you think are being neglected. I don't understand why they can't, just that they have to destroy what's already.
Speaker 1: Because they never build, because they can only destroy all.
Speaker 7: Yeah, exactly. This decolonized thing is so dangerous.
Speaker 1: It is such an an evil idea because it basically just means rip out the Western Enlightenment stuff from everything that's.
Speaker 7: There and whatever rubbish eleft. And it's violent, and it's nothing to do with race. It's nothing to do with whites.
Speaker 1: It's about the institutions, the successful institutions of governance, of social norms and so on.
Speaker 4: Tell us, well, Kamala's back.
Speaker 7: I missed her.
Speaker 4: The worst vice president we have seen. Now, let's hear from her.
Speaker 16: No one should fear going to a pride celebration because of a white supremacist.
Speaker 17: No one should fear.
Speaker 10: Loving who they love.
Speaker 4: Just mad Rant from the Cackler in Chief. Of course, it's Pride months, the whole month of June. The White House this year is not marking the month. They have said that they're going to be inclusive of all Americans. They're not going to single out a particular sexual orientation. So yeah, there is no rainbow light displays at the White House.
Speaker 1: Well this is good, James, because you know I said earlier, but you know, people like this show or people watch the show actually do speak up against this stuff. Target. We've spoken about Target a lot in the past over the years. Every Pride month June they do all this pretty dubious stuff they've known in America had gone full American Trumpia.
Speaker 5: Around America, off seas around America too, or councilors are scaling back this stuff too. So yeah, so the winn is different, definitely shifted.
Speaker 1: It shifts because people speak up, and because people are happy to speak up, and because shows like this are happy to it.
Speaker 7: Is really going on.
Speaker 8: That's it for this week.
Speaker 1: Week, that's it for outside the scene. Next Sunday, make sure you're watching Sky during the week. Now it's a ross screen Woods.
Speaker 7: Bye.